NATION

PASSWORD

Universal Health Care issue

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Ok new name now
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Universal Health Care issue

Postby Ok new name now » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:21 pm

In early 2011 when I first began gameplay with my nation, I remember one of the first issues being about whether or not to have universal health care for the nation. At the time I decided against universal health care. My nation was new and had only a moderately strong, but growing economy. Taxes were relatively high compared to where they are now, and I didn't want a big government program to slow the economy of the young nation.
Times have changed since then. Our economy is amongst the strongest in the world, and taxes are at just 6%. My nation can definitely afford healthcare now, problem is that I never have received that issue ever since that one time last year. I have received many other issues repeatedly over the past few months, but never the one I really want another chance at. Any reason to get every other issue over and over again, but not the healthcare issue. Has it been retired?

Jamie Anumia
Senator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:58 am

From the Got Issues FAQ:
I've already had this issue, so why am I getting it again?

There are only so many issues in the game, and not all nations qualify for every issue. For example, a democratic nation is not going to get an issue about granting citizens the right to vote. Eventually you are going to get ones you've ruled on previously again. If you want there to be more issues, why not submit one?

Ok new name now
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ok new name now » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks for the reply, JA. And thanks to the moderator for moving this thread to this area so I could also see the full list of issues. I saw the two about the National Health Service in there. Funny how I haven't gotten those 2 questions in over a year and a half, guess its all just random. It couldn't be because I have such a strongly privatized economy would it? Could my nation not be eligible because the government is already so small?

Ok new name now
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ok new name now » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:25 am

I still never get the National Health Service question. Why would I get every other question? I really only still play this game so that I can reanswer that particular question. Is a government that is classified as Anarchy not eligible for the question? It's been well over a year, getting tired of this.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Ok new name now wrote: Funny how I haven't gotten those 2 questions in over a year and a half, guess its all just random.

It's not necessarily randomness that prevents you from getting an issue. Many issues include a Validity, i.e. conditions which must be met before you qualify for an issue. If you've banned cars, you shouldn't get most issues about the automobile industry. I haven't looked up the validity constrains on the various health issue (nor could I give you the details if I did), but it's quite possible you've chosen options that prevent you from getting those issues.

Undivulged Principles
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Undivulged Principles » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Patience is a virtue. Are you getting 2 issues a day?
- I could RP my big toe to be more powerful than your nation. That doesn't mean it applies in NS
~ Source? I'm not your mommy. Do your own homework. Not providing third party support for opinions. Don't believe look it up yourself, or not. Idc
~ democracy allows the least qualified to judge the most..

Ok new name now
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ok new name now » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:28 am

Yes, 2 a day for a long time now.

Ok new name now
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Ok new name now » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:03 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Ok new name now wrote: Funny how I haven't gotten those 2 questions in over a year and a half, guess its all just random.

It's not necessarily randomness that prevents you from getting an issue. Many issues include a Validity, i.e. conditions which must be met before you qualify for an issue. If you've banned cars, you shouldn't get most issues about the automobile industry. I haven't looked up the validity constrains on the various health issue (nor could I give you the details if I did), but it's quite possible you've chosen options that prevent you from getting those issues.

Ah ok, well that probably explains it. I really thought it was so unusual to never get those particular questions. I never get issues about public transportation either, I've noticed. I've likely disqualified my nation from those issues too by repeatedly voting them down.
Last edited by Ok new name now on Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?