NATION

PASSWORD

Der Kaisertag IC: Kaiserstein Palace.

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Vorindun
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Libertarian Police State

Der Kaisertag IC: Kaiserstein Palace.

Postby The Vorindun » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:58 pm

Kaiserstein, the Imperial Castle/Palace, residence of the Kaiser himself, Karl I of the Vorindun.

So, now it is official. I am four and twenty years of age. Another year from now, and I will have lived a quarter of a century. I would personally prefer a smaller, more intimate birthday with the family, and that may come later, but today is a national holiday, a chance for all Vorindun, whatever their nationality, to unite in celebration of the common institution of the Crown and the man who holds it, namely me. I hope that this turns out well. I hear that fireworks are popping up in the cities of the Fatherland, no less, especially Flavium and Maximeum. And now, this party, the gala, even a ball....the last occasion to be a masque, no less. That should prove interesting, courtesy of Aunt Margret and my brother, who dreamed it up together. God alone knows what depravity they have in mind, but in a good cause, let their souls answer for it. This is it, my chance to prove myself capable of being a worthy head of state. God, give me the strength and stamina for this. It is not easy for a warrior-prince like me.

Thus did the formidable Karl Rudolf Gerd Otto von Handelhoff say to himself as he finished dressing up in his formal uniform, complete with epaulets, decorations, and his cavalry saber. He looked far more like a general than a monarch, in fact, and indeed many of these medals were earned the hard way, mainly at Lehman Beach against the Nickies and their allies. Others he gained during the recent civil wars into which the country had been plunged by the fall of the Second Republic. That war had finished off republican sentiment, even among Romans.

"The Republic is dead. Long live the Kaiser!" many a senator now openly stated, Romans included. The Kaiser, after all, had ended slavery and other infernal practices while republicans had merely debated abolition.

Once he was dressed in his usual smart manner, the pious Lutheran ruler of a state where more than a third of his subjects were avowed pagans entered the main hall, greeting senators, politicians, ministers, clergy, military brass, principal state secretaries, the Prefect of Maximeum, etc. alike.....and those were just fellow Vorindun.

Now, of course, he turned to face the foreign dignitaries, all gathered in the hall, where Minister-President Vidiges Odoacer and Foreign Minister Petronius Calvinus already moved among them and the waiters presented them with the first refreshments.

There were smoked herring, goat and blue cheese, sausages, and sliders, quail eggs, boiled eggs, deviled eggs, and caviar. There were saltine and Ritz crackers, rye bread, kolaches, Kaiser rolls (Karl's idea, coming from his often concealed sense of humor), sardines, fresh fruit and raw vegetables with sour cream and onion dip, pitas, falafel, soft pretzels with mustard, slices of salami, and a variety of nuts and mints. There were pickles, peppers, mushrooms, and olives. There were various salads, too, and avocadoes. There were crisps, too, with plenty of dips, as well as nachos with cheese. There were cheese sticks and calamari with marinara sauce as well.

If a guest wished to, he could fill up easily on the wide array of appetizers meant to appeal to all calibers and classes of foreign luminaries. Then again, he wouldn't wish to miss out on the grand supper itself, the roast boar and Cornish game hens, with baked potatoes and asparagus on the side. The game hens were mainly intended for those whose diets forbade pork, of course.

Naturally, there was a wide selection of beverages, from cocktails and straight up hard drinks to many wines, such as Pinot Grigio, Zinfandel, Merlot (much of it from California), Riesling, Burgundy, to champagne (and sparkling juices) to hard cider to every type of beer and malt liquor that could be imagined. There was milk, iced tea, fizzy water (especially chosen for the New Edomite delegates), and divers sodas and colas.

Finally, there were the desserts, ranging from the ice cream, cobblers, puddings, and pies, to the piece de resistance, the Kaiser's great birthday cake, large enough to feed a whole regiment, or so it seemed. It had twenty-four candles on the top layer and it was three layers high per section. There were six sections, each with four candles.

Of course, only the appetizers were obvious for now. That in itself should more than impress the guests.

There was also a musical performance scheduled...the great opera diva Ilse Buhrmann of Flavium. She would appear later for the entertainment of others, but she was also a guest and able to partake of the various delights.

Naturally, however, the Kaiser's chief role at this point was to let the Steward of the Palace announce him and introduce the various dignitaries who wished to confer with the new ruler of the country in person. The rest of the royal family had already appeared and begun to surround the Kaiser and family patriarch, ready to spread out when he gave his blessing.

"Ladies and gentlemen, allow me the honor of presenting to you His Imperial Majesty, Karl I, by the Grace of God, Kaiser of the Vorindun, Father of the Fatherland, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Head of State, King of the Germans and Goths, and Patrician of the Romans," the Steward, Dagobert Pepin, proclaimed to those gathered for this special festival.

This occasion would truly be wondrous and the guests of honor would see how hospitable the Vorindun truly are. The night was still young.
Last edited by The Vorindun on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The privilege of opening the first trial in history for crimes against the peace of the world imposes a grave responsibility. The wrongs which we seek to condemn and punish have been so calculated, so malignant, and so devastating, that civilization cannot tolerate their being ignored, because it cannot survive their being repeated. That four great nations, flushed with victory and stung with injury stay the hand of vengeance and voluntarily submit their captive enemies to the judgment of the law is one of the most significant tributes that Power has ever paid to Reason." Robert H. Jackson

"Try to drive out Nature with a pitchfork. He always returns." - Horace

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:44 pm

Count Thomas Lalery had formally greeted President Finnhald during a private conference he had had with her on his arrival. In a way the Free Congress was partly her fault--this actress, this glorified whore had whored her way into the councils of the radicals in the National Legislature, no doubt with her attractiveness and charm, until finally she was the President and he actually had to bow to her. It was unbelievable. He didn't even find the woman that attractive. What had Touchstone seen in her? She was muscled like an athlete; even in her elegant blue evening down you could see an impression of supple strength, and her direct bold gaze (maybe she was a lesbian?) was off putting. He wanted to give the woman a good beating, but she was a professional kick boxer. It would have to be a really good beating, he thought to himself, glancing at the woman as she stood, head up and proud looking towards the arrival of the Kaiser. One of her staff had requested previously for the proper etiquette for meeting the sovereign of the land.

And then beside him his lovely sister, her brown hair glowing with reddish highlights, her evening gown so lovely on her curvaceous and feminine body. While Olivia did flaunt herself at the private pools on the family estates, in public she never showed more than the decorous cleavage and discreetly enticing curves she did now. It pleased him to treat his novel writing witty and charming sister as though she didn't have a brain in her head sometimes, but she was good at slyly giving it right back to him. "I want to write a 19th Century novel," she whispered to him. "I love this kind of thing, it's so beautiful."

Thomas Lalery smiled at her, and then realized that Finnhald had caught his eye briefly. Her cold stare above her wide mouthed smile. He inclined his head politely, irritably thinking, What do you want, bitch? Then he turned again to look at the sovereign. He had an important message from the House of Obed, and he would be pissed if it turned out that the Free Congress were first in line...

"This food looks so good, oh my gosh, I love Germanic food don't you?" enthused his sister happily. "I love it when you go places and they don't have exactly the same feast. "Mmm, if only they had basil and cheese to go with that avocado..." she murmured. Thomas gave her a discreet pinch as she headed off in the direction of the buffet.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:24 pm

Princess Alyssa was glancing around the room, taking in the other guests as she tried to pick out familiar faces, but she found no one that she knew, other than her companion, Prince Nicholas. She had never been to Vorindun before and she knew very little about the place, other than what she had read in the information that had been provided by the Foreign Office. She knew that the ruling family had recently overthrown the previous rulers and had banned slavery, which was a good thing in the eyes of the young princess. She had been excited about being given the chance to make the visit, even if her knowledge of the man celebrating his birthday was limited to a brief dossier that she had been reading on the plane journey.

She recognised the president of New Edom, because she had seen her on the news a few times, not that Alyssa was a big follower of current affairs. She found all the fighting and deaths too disturbing, so she tended to avoid the news channels. But she had seen Sif Finnhald on her father’s newspaper a few times and she had caught her on various television programmes. She always had her body blocked or pixelated because she never seemed to have clothing on.

Her pale blue eyes were focused on the arriving guest of honour, as she patted her light strawberry blonde hair, which was piled creatively on her head. She was wearing a midnight blue dress, more form fitting than she normally settled for, having avoided a flouncy dress for the evening. When she walked the dress sparkled like stars, as the tiny diamante caught the light.

“Do you think the medals are real?” She asked the man standing beside her, her voice low. She liked sparkling things, even more so when they were displayed on a uniform. Alyssa was a bit of a romantic and there was nothing as dashing as a young man in formal uniform to make the young princess’ heart flutter. But she also appreciated men in evening dress and morning suits, as long as they were not old.

Her older brother, who was the same age as Kaiser Karl, had medium brown hair, cut short, and eyes that were several shades darker than his sister’s. He was wearing a tuxedo and shiny black shoes. He had let his gaze pass over the people in the room and, like Alyssa, he spotted no one that he had met in person, but he had read about a few of them. “From what I understand, he was involved in the civil war.”

“He looks very nice,” she said, as she followed his arrival, but did not make a move to rush the Kaiser. She had seen too many events where people surrounded the guest of honour to the point that they were swamped. She was certain that as the evening progressed, everyone would have a chance to converse with Karl. “Shall we go and greet someone?”

Prince Nicholas nodded his head. “That is one of the reasons we are here,” he replied, offering her his arm, which she took with a warm smile. “The question is who?”
Nation name: The Empire of Tartarus
Nationality: Tartarian

Ruler: Her Imperial Majesty, Gehenna, Empress of Tartarus

Anathaat
Attaché

Founded: Apr 09, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Anathaat » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:02 am

Lishtarte Qaaruun, Oligarch Listharte Qaaruun if you were feeling more formal, was in a particularly good mood. The Council of Oligarchs had closed its current session a few days ago and she had some time to kick up her heels. Of course, she was supposed to get a little serious conversation in, but there was no reason she could thoroughly enjoy herself on her semi-official visit to the obscure nation that was Vorindun. She had left the warm winter of her home behind for a few weeks and would damn well enjoy herself while she was abroad.

She stretched her arms behind her back and then let them fall back at her side. The outfit she had ordered fit amazingly well, but then again when you had plenty of money to spend, you could afford the very best. She smiled and gave a wink to her driver before closing the car door behind herself. The wink and smile was not something she normally used, but she felt it would be more interesting and entertaining to change things up a little bit for this event. Perhaps mimic, to a degree, the mannerisms she had picked up on when interacting with tourists and seen while foreign films.

Lishtarte strode confidently forward as she found herself in the chamber that the young Kaiser was awaiting the arrival of his foreign guests. Her attire consisted of a well fitting pair of black dress pants, dress shoes, a tuxedo, white shirt, a black bowtie, and a top hat placed atop her head of lustrous ebon hair. The ensemble fit her shapely and athletic body in such excellent fashion, that she resembled quite well a fine upper-class gentleman, except for the very feminine features of her olive complexioned face. Her hazel eyes danced around the room, absorbing everyone there and her smile was sly and very inviting. She was quite confident that the night would be an entertaining one, even if she had to provide some of the entertainment herself.

When she found herself near the Kaiser, she removed her hat and gave a deep bow. “It is a wonderful privilege to be meeting your Imperial Majesty Karl I. You may call me Lishtarte Qaaruun. If you prefer to use a title, then you may use Oligarch.” She then stood up from her bow and replaced her hat upon her head. “Everything looks so appetizing. I commend your taste and your chef’s skills.” She then gave a nod and a coy smile to the emperor and those near him before dismissing herself. “I will see you later during the celebration your Imperial Highness, but for now, I will dismiss myself to eat some of the feast you have spread generously before your guests.”

She then turned on her heels and found herself among the massive quantities of food that were spread out before her. After looking things over, she grabbed falafel, pita, olives, and a glass of Burgundy. It was not the stuff of her home, but it was not bad either. She was now curious to discover the flavors of the main course.

Wellersburg
Attaché

Founded: Sep 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wellersburg » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:43 am

It was just the beginning of feast and welcoming ceremony when the Wellian cortege arrived to the Imperial Castle in Kaiserstein. The white limo which took Prime Minister Broos Rupertson, High-Bishop Ramsey A. Bertrand and Foreign Affairs Officer Langdon Acker from the airport, was slowing down as they were getting close to the castle.

"I hope you can control your excitement Langdon. You look as if you are going to pee on yourself or something" said Rupertson. He was a former colleague of him when Broos Rupertson used to be an attorney. After winning the Prime Minister chair, he promoted Langdon Acker as the Foreign Affairs Officer of Wellersburg. "I know I look kinda nervous, Mr Prime Minister." he said. He never talked disrespectfully to him. "However you know that it is my first time that I have been abroad since our civil war has finished." Wellian Civil War was a short conflict between republicans and monarchists. There wasn't any totally victorious faction but it ended as a partial victory for the republicans and changed the state from absolute monarchy to constitutional monarchy. "How many common points do Wellersburg and Vorindun have!" thought Acker. "Both were reborn from the ashes just like the phoenixes. Reborn and fully grown. They just need a friendship between them."

As they were conversing, High-Bishop was praying silently for the goodness of celebration. He was offended when Broos Rupertson took an indifferent stance to religion. He and his church didn't get the enough attention and priority he desired, Mr Rupertson knew about this however he has never behaved coldly to him unlike Father Bertrand.

In spite of everything, Ramsey A. Bertrand remained loyal to his mission given by His Majesty Robert III. When he recalled his present for the Kaiser he got calmer. It was clearly known that Kaiser was a stauch follower and supporter of Lutheran Church, therefore High-Bishop knew what to give him. High-Bishop was just representing the spiritual side of visit, but there were other sides of it such as investing in the Vorindun land. It was only possible if Wellian and Vorindun governments were friends. And that side was represented and planned by Broos Rupertson.

When they entered the Imperial Castle, a wave of joy danced in the center of ballroom. Prime Minister and Mr Acker were greeting leaders and representatives from all over the world. The feast table astonished them, even the High-Bishop was startled. He was familiar with these huge celebrations. They approached to the charming Kaiser, shining like the Sun thanks to his medals. Broos Rupertson started speaking and Langdon Acker translating as the only German speaker.

"Dear, His Majestic Highness Kaiser Karl I of Vorindun, we are glad and humble to be present in this celebration. We appriciate your acceptance of us tonight. We are serving best birthday wishes of our people, Wellians. We hope that you live 100 years so your nation do."
After our time consuming elections, our first and new president is the leader of Green Liberation Party, Broos Rupertson. Thanks to you NSers!

Weyr
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 25, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Weyr » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:50 am

No personal meeting with the Kaiser had been requested on Kira's behalf; there had been no reason to seek one. The two governments had no formal dealings; Weyr was notorious for its neutrality and non-intervention. There had never been much reason to establish close foreign ties, with all the commitments and hassles that they represented. Foreign aggressors quite reasonably shied off from threatening a country that had no meaningful natural resources and had twice used the destructive equivalent of thermonuclear weapons against its own populace. Its response to an invading force, and its source, would be proportionately excessive; that had been Weyrean policy ever since the country went nuclear -- a deterrent thankfully never put to the test.

And in the absence of meaningful threats to its external security, Weyr maintained strict neutrality unless things went badly pear-shaped, in which case either the Consul-General or the High King became personally involved. No need at all for expensive ambassadors or consuls when a head of government could pick up the phone and speak directly to her counterpart. A website and a handful of volunteers could handle the remaining functions of a formal embassy, insofar as was necessary for a country with no customs or border controls of any sort, and which did not get involved when its residents got into trouble abroad. Not that Weyr could have done otherwise.

More importantly to Kira's mind, it was the Kaiser's birthday, and the man undoubtedly had more interesting things to do than talk about nothing with a stranger at that particular moment; no sense at all in wasting his time. At later events, perhaps he and Kira would have a chance to get to know one another, but the opening of the festivities was not the proper time and place. But perhaps she was imputing too much of her own opinions on the man; what little she knew came from a brief dossier distilled from publicly-available information, which said that the Kaiser was smart, brave, well-respected, well-meaning, and not a crackpot. Kira felt she liked him already, and would have liked him for the last aspect alone; most foreign heads could not be trusted with a lemonade stand, much less with an atomic arsenal.

So Kira had merely inclined her head politely when the Kaiser was announced, resplendent in his medal-bedecked dress uniform, like a general come off the page of a history text. Unlike not a few of those generals, he had earned those medals, and deserved respect for that alone.

Her own dark-blue uniform was not nearly as impressive. It was of a simple and rather unflattering cut, with high-waisted trousers blousing dramatically above unpolished black combat boots creased from years of faithful service. A narrow skirt encircled her waist, extending down to below the knees, slitted at the back as though for riding and completely open at the front, almost like a stiff cape -- for which alchemists since time-immemorial had called it a 'butt-cape.' Her waist-length jacket was boxy and unfitted, as thick as a winter coat and heavily padded, exaggerating the width of her shoulders and concealing her figure. A beret was neatly tucked beneath the left shoulder-strap. From almost any aspect, and particularly from the rear, it would have been quite easy for an unobservant person to mistake the wearer's gender, though not her 'species.' There was no mistaking a Weyrean's absurdly-long ears.

She bore no rank or unit insignia; no medals adorned her chest. The simple silver-on-black shoulder patch of the Tower at Wye, which was also the symbol of the city and of Weyr itself, marked her as an alchemist; that patch, and the little silver square at the collar -- that she was a Candidate, was considered decoration enough.

Instead of pestering the Kaiser, she went for the appetizers -- an amazing assortment of food that in Kira's estimation was a meal in its own right. She could barely imagine what the subsequent 'main' courses would consist of, and her imagination was hardly lacking. Some things presented she had tried before; many she had only read about or seen on a screen.

Kira bowed slightly to a waiter, took a roll from him, utterly unknowing that it was a 'Kaiser' roll and consequently oblivious to the connotations, moved off to the side so that she was not in the way of anyone. Cradling it gently in two white-gloved hands, she brought it up to her mouth, held it there for a long moment, enjoying the warm, delicious smell of freshly-baked bread made from real wheat. Kira closed her eyes, and bit into the roll, and sighed softly, ears twitching slightly in delight.

The remainder of her time in Vorindun could be an utter disaster; this one moment would make the whole thing worth it.
Last edited by Weyr on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Silence becomes the conspiracy;
silence becomes the conspirators.

— J. Yolen, Allerleirauh

Helladria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Emperor Svenge stood at the fore of the party recently arrived from the Helladric Empire. He led a triangular formation of well wishers for the Kaiser’s birthday celebrations consisting of himself, as well as the first and second in line to the throne of Ashria. He was dressed in a simple, dark green suit with a long frock coat, designed in much the same fashion as a typical business suit, as was the custom in Helladria. Behind him and to his left, Duke Joahn stood more than a full foot taller than the adolescent he followed, but similarly dressed except in blue and grey. As the odd one out, Crown Princess Amallène stood to Joahn’s right, wearing her gold embroidered military dress consisting of a broad-shouldered, double breasted overcoat that that fit tightly across her waist and chest and was complemented by a white, knee-length skirt. The ensemble was precisely what a Crown Princess would wear on the battlefield in seventeenth century Ashria.

It had been a pain for the emperor to convince his present company to agree to join him in attending the Kaiser’s festival. Even after three centuries, the royal family of Ashria still had a cold regard for the Emperor of Helladria. It was as though they had just been forced to sign the Treaty of Nieuwijk last month.

“I suppose we had better prepare to meet the Kaiser. Royal snubs never seem to go very well, it seems, even if they’re inadvertent. Now, I want you two to be on your best behavior,” Svenge said turning away from the royal pair.

“Stuff it,” Joahn whispered softly from behind his shoulder, bringing a smile to the young emperor’s face. The trio waited for the opportunity to make their introductions, until the time finally came.

Svenge approached the Kaiser and bowed, respectfully. “I am Emperor Svenge of the Federated Empire of Helladria, and I graciously wish to thank you for your hospitality this evening, Your Imperial Majesty. I come bearing the good will of my nation on this joyous day of celebration; a day that commemorates your entry into the world and the benefit your presence has since had on it. Accompanying me to give our regards, are the first and second in line to the throne of the Realm of Aschrie, Crown Princess Amallène vam Aschrie, and Duke Joahn vam Einwar.

Each of the Ashrian nobles bowed in turn as Svenge introduced them, congratulating Kaiser Karl on reaching his twenty fourth birthday.

“Yet more guests seek an audience with Your Majesty, and I do not wish to delay them any longer,” the emperor stated. “I shall take my leave for the moment, though I hope we may have further opportunity to converse. Farewell.”

The Helladrians, having finally made their introductions, left to pursue their own ends. Duke Joahn and Crown Princess Amallène stood together surveying the festivities, unfamiliar with the participants. At the top echelons of the Ashrian nobility, they rarely attended parties where all the guests were complete strangers. In almost all cases, there were always people waiting in the wings to make introductions between them and persons they thought worth meeting.

Svenge, on the other hand, was quite at home as long as there was food. He noticed that Sif Finnhald was attending, and noted that she had clothes on too. She certainly didn’t look bad without clothes, he thought, but even he had been taken completely by surprise at the 180 her government took on the modesty issue. The level of convenience displayed on reframing the earlier hubbub was quite remarkable, and while he hadn’t taken her for being a conniving opportunist at heart, he found himself needing to reevaluate his expectations, as politics did strange things to people.

He finally arrived at the buffet behind three women, who had beaten him to that coveted first pick of food.

The Vorindun
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

The Handelhoffs

Postby The Vorindun » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:36 pm

First Anthaat, then Welliac, then Weyr, and now Helladria. Yes, the Kaiser was busy, greeting each of his guests in turn. He put on an unusually gregarious and amiable smile, which with his spike mustache and equally spiked helmet must have seemed rather odd. Then again, his good humor in this case more than made up for his strange appearance. Or at least it should. He was a handsome, tall, if a bit pious and often more austere fellow, this young Kaiser. He wanted to do the right thing by his duty, and that included receiving the congratulations of complete strangers, some stranger than others.

"Our gratitude. We look forward to speaking to you at greater length, we assure you," he told the several guests of honor, especially the Emperor of Helladria, who intrigued him, given the stories about that man.

Karl had to admit to himself that he was a bit drawn to a number of women, including some who had greeted him. However, the one who most caught his eye hadn't said a thing to him yet. A charming demeanor, a certain vivacity, and strawberry-blonde hair, no less. She was still busy snacking and socializing. Summoning the Steward over, he asked the man.

"That woman, who has not presented herself to me, who is she?" the Kaiser asked, not really knowing what her rank was, though she seemed to rather high up the social ladder.

"Her Imperial Highness, the Princess Alyssa of Tartarus, Your Majesty. Would you like to meet her? I believe that her brother, His Imperial Highness, Prince Nicholas is with her, but he seems the sort that Prince Alois can divert for a time, giving you some time to engage her in proper discourse of the courtly kind," the Steward assured him.

"Not yet. We have the matter of Edom to resolve first. Besides, I think that we should also speak to the Tartarian prince. He might have something to say to me. I can use that as a valid excuse to address the princess as well, and then can later approach her with a more personal touch," the Kaiser decided.

The Steward nodded, and indicated to first the Obeds, and then President Finnhald, that they should meet the Kaiser. There was no particular caprice to this sequence, save only a inherent preference for monarchy over republics. Besides, the Laleries outranked the President socially. It was nothing hostile at all per se to Sif Finnhald as such.

Once done with that, he walked up to the Tartarians.

"You're next, Highnesses. The Edomites seemed eager, so they go now, but you are right afterward, if you please. The Kaiser has expressed a special wish to meet the Princess Alyssa, of course," the Steward shrewdly left it at that.

In the meantime, the Kaiser indicated to his kindred that they could spread out now.

"Be sure to captivate them, get them to talk freely and happily. We want to see how favorably disposed they might be to us. Also, feel free to find potential mates among the more suitable set."

He didn't add...be good. He knew his brother, aunt, and cousins too well for that. Prince Martin might behave, but then he was only fourteen and rather shy. That didn't say much by itself.

Prince Alois smirked and walked over to the Ashrian royals.

"Guten abend. How are you, Highnesses?"

Margret zeroed in on the Helladric Emperor, for her part. "Good evening, Imperial Majesty. I am Princess Margret, the Kaiser's aunt. What do you think of the festivities and food?"

Even Prince Martin showed interest in a foreigner, staring rather blankly at the Weyr delegate, who reminded him uncannily of the Olwean Elves of the enclave, the ones who had been enslaved and liberated during the civil war.

As for the princesses, two of them approached the Wellians, while the third walked right up to the Anthaat oligarch. She was Lise, the youngest at 16. She found the exotic character entrancing and couldn't help herself from saying, "Mein Gott, you're gorgeous!" Lise didn't think that she was gay, just appreciating and admiring the woman's strange and lovely figure.

Helga, 21, and Kristen, 18, meanwhile, seemed truly happy to socialize with the guests.

"What does Wellerburg think of the Vorindun, Excellency?" Helga asked the Prime Minister in particular.
Last edited by The Vorindun on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The privilege of opening the first trial in history for crimes against the peace of the world imposes a grave responsibility. The wrongs which we seek to condemn and punish have been so calculated, so malignant, and so devastating, that civilization cannot tolerate their being ignored, because it cannot survive their being repeated. That four great nations, flushed with victory and stung with injury stay the hand of vengeance and voluntarily submit their captive enemies to the judgment of the law is one of the most significant tributes that Power has ever paid to Reason." Robert H. Jackson

Weyr
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Weyr » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:05 am

The Vorindun
The Vorindun wrote:Even Prince Martin showed interest in a foreigner, staring rather blankly at the Weyr delegate, who reminded him uncannily of the Olwean Elves of the enclave, the ones who had been enslaved and liberated during the civil war.

Kira was quite happily taking another bite of the warm and fluffy roll, oblivious to her surroundings, when of a sudden she sensed that she was being watched, the little hairs on the nape of her neck rising in nervous reflex. If asked, she could not have explained the cause for that feeling; but she had learned years ago to trust intuition. Without putting down the roll, she opened her eyes, slowly looked up and around the hall in front of her, and settled on the handsome young man staring at her with a rather indeterminate expression.

She met his stare, raised one eyebrow and cocked her head slightly, her bright blue eyes questioning his intent, smiling slightly from behind the remnants of the roll, inviting him to introduce himself, or to quickly find someone else to look at, depending on his temperament.

— J. Yolen, Allerleirauh

Helladria
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:31 pm

“Heads up,” Joahn said to his sister at the approach of Prince Alois. “It looks like we might have company.”

The two sharpened up, and stood proudly before the prince. “Good evening. My brother and I are both enjoying this fine celebration, thank you.” Amallène replied pleasantly. She suppressed the irritation she felt at her perception of being forced to attend as some sort of Helladric diplomat. That was an issue she took with her emperor, and to walk around with a sour temperament at such a festive occasion would have been unsightly, reflecting poorly on both herself and her people. “I am Crown Princess Amallène vam Aschrie,” she said with a respectful curtsey, “and this is my brother, Duke Joahn vam Einwar,” who also took a small bow.

“Good evening,” he said.

“Whose acquaintance might we have the pleasure of making?” Amallène asked once Alois’s questions had been answered.

But I haven’t had any food yet… Svenge thought while he smiled at Princess Margret’s introduction.

“Good evening, Your Royal Highness,” he answered with a small bow. “How do you do? I must say that the party is splendid, and a fine tribute to such an important omme as your nephew. And while I have yet to partake of the food, the selection laid before us is tantalizing, to be sure. You may consider it my honor to be invited to share this day with you and your family.”

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:18 pm

Prince Nicholas watched as the guests began to fan out through the room, a few of them heading off to the refreshment table. A few had addressed the Kaiser before doing so, but the prince did not want to crowd the man and he was sure there would be ample opportunity later. He was debating whether they should get themselves something to eat, which seemed to be the popular trend or find some individual to converse with.

“I knew I recognised her face,” Alyssa suddenly announced, as she watched the people milling around the refreshments. “She is that author, you know the one, writes those fun romance novels. I cannot believe I did not make the connection when we were looking through the files.” She turned to face her brother, so she was not staring at one of the guests. “Countess Lalery. We really must make sure that we speak to her before we leave. I heard that they were making a movie based on one of her books, but I cannot recall which one. How exciting?”

“Very exciting,” Nicholas murmured, and then indicated to his sister than they were being approached. He had seen the man previously talking to the Kaiser, so he assumed he was some kind of aide or servant. “Thank you. We will be honoured to speak with him one he is finished with the New Edomites.” He then turned and cocked a questioning eyebrow at Alyssa.

“Do not look at me like that,” she protested, her eyes wide. She had not even spoken to the man, so there was no way that her brother could even presume to think that she had led him on. “I am sure he has merely heard that I am the more interesting of the two of us.” Still, she could not help smiling that the Kaiser had expressed a special wish to meet her, though it was probably something that the steward said to all the guests.

“I do not need to remind you not to make a fool of yourself,” Nicholas replied, as he guided the princess over to a waiter and procured them both a glass. “Mother may not mind you flirting with men during balls in Tartarus, but she would be horrified if you do something stupid here.”

Alyssa looked at her brother and smiled. “I behaved perfectly with Prince Andy during the Empress’ ball and no one can say that I led him on. It is not my fault that he became obsessed with me,” she replied, as graciously as she could. “I was merely talking to him because he was an elf and I had never met one in person before.”

Wellersburg
Attaché

Founded: Sep 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wellersburg » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:50 pm

"Let me tell you what Wellersburg thinks about the Vorindun, my Princess Helga." said Mr Rupertson. "Wellersburg thinks that Vorindun is making wonderful pretzels." as he was filling his mouth with a pretzel covered with sour cream and he had a huge grin on his face. "How beautiful she is!" thought Langdon Acker, "I should have visited Vorindun earlier." Despite having lots of majestic people in it, the atmosphere of ballroom was just friendly and warm. Princesses were laying eyes on princes and vice versa. In this place there was only one man who was tired of everything and bored. He was High-Bishop Ramsey Bertrand.

He tried to keep himself busy with people around him but it was all too fake for him. He thought all these smiles, conversations and people were fake and bunch of liars. "You are all trying to sell yourself to get more benefits from him." he said to himself. "Especially you Rupertson! Everyone knows you are an agnostic or atheist or some kind of unfaithful infidel. But you are just pretending to be faithful to retain your power as a prime minister. Even though I believe tonight, I will end your power with the Kaiser. I will prove to Wellian people that you are nothing but a backstabber and a degenerate atheist."

Broos Rupertson and Langdon Acker were filling their stomachs unawarely what was expecting and conspiring for them tonight. Suddenly, Acker noticed that author was in the hall. That famous author who wrote that funny romance books. He heard that one of her books was going to be made a movie. "We must see her Mr. Rupertson!" he said, "she is going to be more famous than she ever was soon!" "OK, Langdon! Just get calm OK? We will have a long night and you will see anyone you would like to see. But also don't forget your job!"
After our time consuming elections, our first and new president is the leader of Green Liberation Party, Broos Rupertson. Thanks to you NSers!

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:29 pm

"My this is actually rather nice--it strikes a nice balance between easygoing and casual. Oh, look, there are the Tartarians! Why didn't we arrange a royal marriage for Mara with them?" Olivia asked, smiling but her brow furrowing slightly. "Would have made a much better m--eep!" she squeaked as softly as she could as her brother gave her right buttock a ferocious pinch. She glared at him, vowing privately one of her subtle but nasty acts of vengeance for that one.

"Shut up, you stupid woman." Thomas Lalery said quietly to her. "And say as little as possible, for the love of God. Save it for your damned books." He approached as guided by the Steward. In his white dress uniform with gold epaulets, buttons, red sash, dark blue trousers, sword and gloves tucked into his belt, he looked the very picture of a Cavalry Guardsman, his dark hair slicked back and slightly wavy, his olive complexion making him look strongly healthy, drawing out the shape of his manly face. With a slight swagger he approached and bowed before the Kaiser--not too deeply, since he himself was of the House of Obed, and said, "Your Majesty, on behalf of my Royal Cousin, David III, I wish you a most felicitous Kaisertag! Also, on His Majesty's behalf, my uncle, the Regent, bids that you accept a gift of his of a mated pair of Royal Griffons for your zoological park. And finally, Your Majesty, I would like to present my sister, Countess Olivia Lalery."

Olivia curtsied European fashion, her eyes upon the Kaiser as she did, the gesture graceful and enhancing the loveliness of her form and figure before rising. Count Lalery didn't bring up the subject he had wanted to just yet--it was for the Kaiser to determine the length of the conversation, but he certainly meant to have it before he left.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

The Vorindun
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Kaiser Karl I

Postby The Vorindun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:18 pm

"Well, now, Your Graces, it is a pleasure to meet both of you. Tell me, are you close kindred to the royal House of Obed? I must confess my ignorance of your dynastic history beyond the most basic level, something which I wish to rectify now that my civil war is concluded and my lawful authority restored. Consequence of having a lot on my plate. Pardon if that is in any way offensive, for that was not my intent. The time that I could have spent meeting fellow royals, I have lately spent in command of my legions and at the desk in my office, arranging the reconstruction of the Fatherland. Not to dismiss anyone in your situation. I've been a soldier longer than I've been Kaiser and it was the only way I knew how to deal with the fascists who killed my father and their slave-holding ways.

"Now, however, I have the time for this kind of thing and the country needs a nice holiday, one that is for all Vorindun, not just for some. Oktoberfest is nice, but it's traditionally too German for the Romans and Goths to fit in completely. As Kaiser, I am the symbol for the Fatherland, so my birthday is a good way to lift the national morale, you see.

"Anyway, that was my query, what your exact relationship to the Obeds, Tubal-cains, and Shalmanesers might be. I must admit that most foreign royal family trees are a bit confusing, perhaps because of how relatively new my own dynasty is.

"I ask because my brother and I are both seeking brides. Pardon my brutal candor, but time is of the essence. By German Vorindun standards, we should be married or at least affianced by now, especially me. It is my duty as a Germanic Christian prince to lead by example, to marry, to sire children, and to raise them as good, stolid Germanic Christian princes. If we were Romans or Goths, things might be different, but we are of German stock and that creates different expectations, you see.

"Forgive me if I ramble. I must confess that my social graces are at times lacking, to put it mildly. Still, it is a pleasure to meet you at last," the Kaiser spoke to the Laleries.

While he didn't think that Olivia seemed his type, she looked promising for Alois at least. Being a Countess, her rank suited him better than the Kaiser himself. He was a very conservative sort in many ways, despite his abolitionist views. But for the more liberal Alois, she seemed ideal, though that was a superficial judgment, perhaps inaccurate. Time would tell....time and the Count's reply.

The Vorindun
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Prince Martin of the Vorindun

Postby The Vorindun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:50 pm

A bit intimidated by the Weyrean, Prince Martin walked away until he accidentally bumped into Prince Nicholas.

Red-faced, he apologized to the Tartarian royal.

"Sorry, Highness. I didn't mean to do that. I was just distracted, sir. Sorry to be rude. I am Prince Martin," he introduced himself to Nicholas and the lovely Alyssa.

He wondered if maybe she would marry one of his brothers. He felt that would be a good thing, since he was too young, but she clearly had good genes and that would help the royal line. Martin often thought in logical, analytical terms, as a way of hiding the fact that he had thought a girl or woman was lovely. It was easier for the shy, reserved, sometimes clumsy prince to talk or think that way.

The Vorindun
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Princess Margret of the Vorindun

Postby The Vorindun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:01 pm

"You haven't eaten anything yet? Well, we'll have to remedy that. Our cuisine benefits from the combination of Roman, Gothic, Germanic, and Olwean influences. It has created a unique national flavor, I think, one which does to be rather rich, I must warn you, but is quite worth exploring. Anything that you particularly wanted to sample, Imperial Majesty?" Margret was unabashed in her flirtations.

After all, she was a widow and tended to get lonely more than a few times of late. Her secret liaisons with Alois thankfully remained concealed, but sadly discontinued these days. She liked men and didn't apologize for the fact.

Margret looked at Svenge with undisguised fascination....was he really a thousand years old? How much wiser, what kind of lover might such a man might be? He presumably wouldn't mind a woman in her forties in such a case.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Prince Nicholas had just lowered his glass from his lips, when he was bumped into by one of the Kaiser’s brothers, or at least, he surmised who it was once he had righted himself, somehow managing not to spill his drink all over him or Martin. “No harm done,” he said, to placate the young prince, who was turning the colour of a beetroot. “These things happen.” He looked at Alyssa, who was standing beside him, looking at little surprised at the turn of events, but looking sorry for the young man. At least she was not giggling.

“I am Prince Nicholas of Tartarus,” he continued and then indicated his companion. “And this is my sister, Princess Alyssa.”

As he presented her, she gave a small curtsey to the young man and a warm smile. “It is a pleasure to meet you, Your Highness,” Alyssa said, as she stood up straight. “I can certainly understand why you were distracted. This is an exquisite party that is being held for your brother.” She could not help but wonder who had caused the distraction, but it was not polite to embarrass the young man any more than he already was.

The Vorindun
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Prince Alois of the Vorindun

Postby The Vorindun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:11 pm

"I am Crown Prince Alois, the Heir Presumptive of the Imperial Crown. It is certainly pleasant to meet you. I've never met a member of your royal family before, let alone two. My brother, of course, is the Kaiser. I hope that he has many children, so I don't ever have to be Kaiser. Being a prince is more fun, anyway. You get the fame and fortune without all of the hard work," he grinned at the Ashrians.

Prince Alois was as fashionable as always, never one to slight himself in the style and chic departments. Whatever else might be said about the Crown Prince, he never looked staid or dated. He was as trendy and hip as he could be. This included his tuxedo, which was a royal purple instead of the usual black. If the blonde giant (were there any other kind of Handelhoffs) lisped a bit, it was only the slightest signal to those with well-honed senses.

Not that Alois was gay. He was actually not limited to such petty labels about sexuality. He liked what Rodney Dangerfield once noted.

"Being bisexual doubles your chances of a date on Saturday night."

The Vorindun
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Princesses Helga, Kristen of the Vorindun

Postby The Vorindun » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:20 pm

"Well, I am pleased that you enjoy the pretzels, Excellency. I assure you that we aim to please here. Soft pretzels are some of my favorite things, though admittedly I am more partial to horseradish sauce with them. It's a personal quirk of mine," Helga told the Prime Minister.

At that, Kristen giggled,"Sister, you are silly as ever. Mustard is far better as a sauce for pretzels than horsey sauce."

"There's no accounting for taste, I see," Helga retorted, thus causing the royals to lose track of the Wellians for a split second.

This was no doubt when the conversation about the Countess Lalery happened, not that the Vorindun royals failed to notice. It brought them back to their guests.

"Oh, her? She's my favorite author, in fact! I would love to meet her, too. Maybe we'll both get the chance. I would like to bankroll a film based on one of her novels or more, if given half a chance, you know," Kristen added with a saucy wink at the aide.

If Helga was a bit more traditional, Kristen took after her minx of a mother. She adored men and would seize any chance to flirt with a handsome stranger with any kind of charm and wit.

Weyr
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Weyr » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:25 pm

The Vorindun
The Vorindun wrote:A bit intimidated by the Weyrean, Prince Martin walked away until he accidentally bumped into Prince Nicholas.

Red-faced, he apologized to the Tartarian royal.

"Sorry, Highness. I didn't mean to do that. I was just distracted, sir. Sorry to be rude. I am Prince Martin," he introduced himself to Nicholas and the lovely Alyssa.

He wondered if maybe she would marry one of his brothers. He felt that would be a good thing, since he was too young, but she clearly had good genes and that would help the royal line. Martin often thought in logical, analytical terms, as a way of hiding the fact that he had thought a girl or woman was lovely. It was easier for the shy, reserved, sometimes clumsy prince to talk or think that way.

The unknown young man broke contact regrettably quickly, and walked away. Kira watched him for a long moment, then looked downward and took another bite of the roll, wishing he had reacted otherwise. It would have been nice to converse with someone not part of her usual circle, which was mostly confederates and opponents, and contained all too few friends. Things had been easier before the war; no-one cared who an alchemist associated with. But a friend of the High King, without the resources to protect herself, would risk becoming a lever, to be discarded once no longer useful; Kira would not willingly expose those of her friends who had survived to such a fate. Here, she would not have to worry about such things.

Had Kira known of Martin's thoughts, she would have been by turn both amused and appalled. She was not a walking ovum-bank, though she would have been rather flattered at the emotions behind the notion. Anyone thinking of marrying her for reasons such as wealth or power was in for a very rude awakening. The High King of Weyr wielded substantially less power than most monarchs, and Weyr's legislature could remove her at any time by a super-majority vote. Even if she had substantial nominal powers, the federal government had little internal authority; the sub-federal units -- the 'distributions,' were more akin to sovereign states, with their own armed forces and rivalries. Only a fool would dictate policy they did not wish to follow. Nor would anyone get wealthy off a High King's stipend, even if it was better than an alchemist's allowance for service to the Weyrik state. Undoubtedly, a prince of Vorindun had better marriage prospects.

Kira searched her memory, recalling the long list of attendees she had attempted to memorize the night before, but could not find the young man's face. Perhaps her memory was faulty, or perhaps he had simply not been listed, for whatever reason. She looked up again, just to see him collide with a gentleman from Tartarus -- Prince Nicholas, if memory served correctly. Kira looked away quickly, stifling a smile; she had been in that position before, and did not wish for him to think that she was laughing at his accident. She made note to try and speak with him later on, plopped the remaining little piece of the roll into her mouth, and began to meander through the assorted dignitaries, back to the buffet and the wonderful array of appetizers
Last edited by Weyr on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 am, edited 5 times in total.

— J. Yolen, Allerleirauh

Anathaat
Attaché

Founded: Apr 09, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Lishtarte and Princess Lise

Postby Anathaat » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:19 am

Lishtarte grinned broadly, displaying set of pearly white teeth before giving a small bow to the princess. She had been told she was attractive by a few people in her life, but never quite like this. It was rather invigorating. “You are very kind and you certainly know how to flatter a woman.” Her hazel eyes took in Lise and determined that she was probably someone of some importance and likely too young to entertain as a partner in romance. Regardless, she always loved to be complimented and decided that the girl would make for a delightful conversational partner.

“I must also say that you are quite beautiful yourself. I am Lishtarte Qaaruun and it is quite the pleasure to meet such a kind individual as yourself.” Her lips were curved up into a smile that invited Lise to speak and her eyes sparkled with curiosity.
Last edited by Anathaat on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 am

"Sir," said Count Lalery, since the initial formal greetings were done, and realizing that the Kaiser, perhaps distracted, had not registered his allusions to his relations with both King and Regent, "I am of House Obed. Lalery is my title. And as to your concern--Sir, I believe my sister would make an excellent bride for Prince Alois. She is as you can see beautiful, she is intelligent--in a female way of course--and is eager to be married. She writes, but they are novels, largely for women, and enjoys social occasions, is well traveled, almost always in my company or appropriate other company of course. It is in fact to make this offer that I was sent here by the Prince Regent, to offer to your, Majestic Kaiser, my sister's hand in marriage to your Royal Brother." Count Lalery spoke with great courtesy in his tone but not the slightest hint of servility; he spoke with typical Baran pride and dash, for among the Barans, one man was as good as another, but simply was due respect based on how many swords--or guns--he represented.

Helladria
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:20 am

Princess Margret
Svenge smiled warmly to the woman. “I’ve noticed,” he said. “It’s quite an inviting assortment of foods you have presented for us, and I wouldn’t doubt it to be a good sampling of the diversity of culinary delights to be found throughout your country. As it so happens, I was meaning to begin by trying some of the smoked salmon, maybe a kolache; and are those… Kaiser roles?” he asked rather amused. “I think it may be necessary to have one given the occasion.”

Though at first, Svenge thought the princess merely playing the role of a gracious host, but soon enough he was unable to further ignore the way she looked at him. The expression that filled her face revealed a rather abiding interest, certainly more than simple courtesy would have entailed.

“Would Your Highness by chance be willing to partake of the fare as well?” he offered. “I would hardly feel right eating alone like some glutton in your company.”

Helladria
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:19 am

Prince Alois
The two immediately noticed Alois’s minor lisp because of their keen ears, trained since birth to be sensitive to the various facets of pronunciation, and noted the rather flamboyant outfit he wore. Neither however, associated either of these characteristics with any implication of homosexuality or bisexuality. In the land of their southern neighbors, the very concept of gender was nonexistent, and this meant that in most of Ashria, it was all the easier for acceptance of such preferences to be commonplace. On the other hand, the nobility of Ashria was a culture that lived in a bubble, and change was very slow. No one of any importance in the nobility was openly gay, and those who actually were gay, played it low key.

Joahn spoke when it was apparent that Amallène did not intend to. “I understand completely,” he said amiably. “While Amallène gets to perform all the responsibilities, which luckily includes occupying the limelight, I have a rather easy time as second in line. Of course, if you were to ask me, my sister is probably fine with the current arrangement as well. She likes her work, and if anything would probably prefer even more, as a proper monarch.”

“Enough, enough,” Amallène finally interjected. “You speak too much, my dear brother. I gave up any dream of being the Queen of Aschrie long ago, and I am now content with what awaits me. The Crown Prince speaks true, as he aptly describes the positions in which all three of us find ourselves. We are able to enjoy the benefits of our stations with minimal obligations.” She then broke the course of the conversation to offer her more formal gratitude. “At any rate, before this conversation advances further, I wish to more properly thank you for your family’s generous hospitality. So Crown Prince Alois,” she then began, “What manner of entertainment might we expect this evening? Will there be many exciting surprises in store?” She smiled faintly at her own wit, thinking the irony of her questions quite clever.

The Vorindun
Diplomat

Libertarian Police State

Prince Martin of the Vorindun

Postby The Vorindun » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:02 am

"Yes, my brother the Kaiser wants all to enjoy his party and remember it well. It is a good chance to improve relations with many countries, naturally. He's like a second father to me, my brother, or least an uncle, having raised me for a time since the death of our parents.

"It is very nice to meet you, Prince Nicholas and Princess Alyssa. Have you ever been to Vorindun before? I've never been to Tartarus, so I wonder what it's really like there. How do you like the food, by the way?" Martin peppered the pair with questions, before realizing that he hadn't given them a chance to reply, at which point he turned even redder than before.

He didn't mean to be such an annoying, pestering lad. It was his just intellectual curiosity and his nervous energy at work. He was the sort who got into a subject and didn't let go.

"Sorry. I just wondered," he asked, turning his face to ogle the Weyrean High King again. Such a strange custom, to make a woman a King? A Queen he could see, but a King? Yet she was lovely. He wondered if she had any other traits.

He admired Alyssa, yes, but something in his gut told him that he should keep it strictly proper in her case. It was as if she was already another man's for some odd reason, though he didn't recall anything about that.
Last edited by The Vorindun on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates