NATION

PASSWORD

Yeah… this advertisement is just...

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Fallout Haven
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Yeah… this advertisement is just...

Postby Fallout Haven » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:31 am

I have noticed that recently theres is an advertisement called Mature Dating UK and I don't want to have the pleasure of seeing an old woman wearing a rather skimpy outfit. Is it possible you could remove it please?

Screenshot here.
Last edited by Fallout Haven on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insane and loving every second of it.

Jamie Anumia
Senator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:55 am

Fallout Haven
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Fallout Haven » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:06 am

Jamie Anumia wrote:Seems relevant.

Ok, next time I will take a screenshot.

Update; Screenshot added to original post.
Last edited by Fallout Haven on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Only because an advert is deemed not to be "inappropriate", doesn't mean it isn't distasteful. I understand that these Ads are a revenue source for the website and therefore a small price to pay for using it, but personally I think ads like that are a little seedy. That's just my general opinion of dating sites of that nature, of course.

I would say any imagery we'd get warned for posting on the forums is probably not an appropriate ad. Again. just my opinion.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Fallout Haven
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Fallout Haven » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:02 am

Lordieth wrote:Only because an advert is deemed not to be "inappropriate", doesn't mean it isn't distasteful. I understand that these Ads are a revenue source for the website and therefore a small price to pay for using it, but personally I think ads like that are a little seedy. That's just my general opinion of dating sites of that nature, of course.

I would say any imagery we'd get warned for posting on the forums is probably not an appropriate ad. Again. just my opinion.

Oh I see. I guess I'll just have to put up with it.

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:30 am

I can't speak for the Admins, so I couldn't say. I don't think it's inappropriate. But it is distasteful. To me, anyway.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Lasovich and Antelius
Attaché

Founded: May 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lasovich and Antelius » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:04 am

I also found some ironically just after I read this (and im 14 so minors use this site)
http://i.imgur.com/sOb5E.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xkeOK.jpg
“It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.”
Winston Churchill

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Removed, thanks.

Chasrabidus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chasrabidus » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:29 am

If you're a Google user, I have found that you can go to your Google settings and change your ad preferences. I was sick of dating and gaming ads, so now I am only confronted with Mitt and Obama instead of half dressed females when I log in.
Proud Shareholder and DoPR of Region Inc (has nothing to do with drugs, I swear).

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical