NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Lamoni

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
The Scarlet Death
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Commend Lamoni

Postby The Scarlet Death » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:25 am

SECURITY COUNCIL PROPOSAL
ID: milograd_1350172074

Commend Lamoni
A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Lamoni | Proposed by: Milograd

The Security Council,

Acknowledging that the Free Republic of Lamoni is a nation that was founded with the goal of providing a formerly enslaved people a chance to live in freedom under an honorable government and to protect the aforementioned people from any dangers that they may face;

Recognizing that Lamoni has sponsored and steadfastly supported initiatives to combat human trafficking, tyranny, environmental degradation and pollution, while also promoting and aiding nations that serve the causes of liberty and justice;

Applauding the Lamonian government for sponsoring the creation of the Bacterial Oil Organization, a world famous energy distribution group that is renowned for being environmentally-friendly and for working towards reducing humanity's carbon footprint;

Approving of the Lamonian condemnation of the Blackhelm Confederacy, a nation that was condemned by the Security Council's 59th resolution, and the Lamonian government’s steadfast efforts to prosecute war against Confederate piracy, wars of aggression, human rights violations, wanton invasions of peaceful states, and plundering of foreign resources;

Observing that Andrew Stinson, the current President of the Free Republic, decisively signed the renowned anti-slavery Castlegate Declaration in an effort to liberate slaves from their oppressors;

Recalling that Lamoni played a vital role in the war to liberate Greater Tezdrian, another nation that was condemned by the Security Council (via Security Council Resolution #20, "Condemn Greater Tezdrian"), and that Lamoni and its ally Lyras were responsible for freeing the slaves of Tezdrian;

Noting that the Lamonian-Ixanian Arms Company, which was founded in Lamoni and operated by the Lamonian government, has supplied countless free peoples with means of defending themselves from the tyranny of foreign aggression and subjugation while refraining from selling weaponry to violent and oppressive states;

Praising the resolve displayed by the Free Republic when it has time and again demonstrated its sterling reputation of remaining unbowed, undaunted, and unbroken when it suffered forced migration, foreign aggression, and nuclear attack;

Further recognizing Lamonian efforts to serve the causes of justice, freedom, peace, and the betterment of the human race in spite of such perils;

Extolling the Lamonian state’s present continuation of these policies, its history of garnering the support of its neighbors in the civilized world, and its superb leadership in global efforts to achieve them;

Believing that a nation with such a applaudable, longstanding record of such a nature is deserving of commendation;

Hereby Commends Lamoni.

Co-authored by The State of Monavia and Lyras.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"The foam that floats on stagnant pools, now vanishing, now forming, never stays the same for long. So, too, it is with the people and dwellings of the world."

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:30 am

I wouldn't be here today, if not for Lamoni and Lyras.

And so I have spoken from the bottom of my heart.

Edit: That's only a small part of Lamoni's OOC achievement. His IC achievement in International Incidents and Global Economics & Trade is... let's just say I will not be able to remember all of it due to the size of the achievement.
Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:35 am

I would also not be around this forum if not for Lamoni, whose generosity, friendship, patience, guidance and encouragement have been very important. He is always a voice of reason, in spite of his seniority and presence never less than friendly and willing to see others on their merit and not on their apparent status. In every sense of the word I have found Lamoni to be a gentleman. That is IC.

IC, Lamoni is New Edom's ally, and yet despite Lamoni's antiquity, power and influence treats all allies as equals with dignity and respect.

I strongly add my "aye" to this commendation.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:34 am

IC:

Kurt Demodand, Radiatia's permanent representative to the World Assembly stood to address the others, although "stood" was not precisely the right word to describe the way he stumbled out of his chair and onto the table in front of him.

"This.... m-may be the alco-*hic* talking, but I think Lamoni is... no shut up, I mean this, Lamoni are one of the greatest nations... oh god I love them.

"No we should totally com- what was I talking about? Where'd everybody go?

"Oh yeah, we should yeah commend them, wa-hey!"

He then belched loudly and returned to his seat.

Questers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Questers » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:36 am

Oorah!
Restore the Crown

Belfras
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Belfras » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:38 am

Everyones said it already.

Aye!
Last edited by Belfras on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Demonym is Belfrasian, currency is Lira

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:41 am

The delegation from Questers has summed up our stance.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:53 am

This commendation? See this commendation?

For every vote against it, I will burn an orphanage (and some other stereotypically immoral things too).

I have done many things in my time here on NS, and Lamoni has somehow managed to provide invaluable help and company for each of those many things. That doesn't just apply to me either. If he doesn't deserve this commendation, well, nobody does.

Marina and The Diamonds
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marina and The Diamonds » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 am

The delegation from Marina and The Diamonds is In favor.
Last edited by Marina and The Diamonds on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Lady of Mystery ~
Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads. ~ Erica Jong
Also Known as Jamie Anumia

The Scarlet Death
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scarlet Death » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:05 am

For every orphanage that Anemos burns down, I will recklessly walk across a single street without yielding to drivers.
"The foam that floats on stagnant pools, now vanishing, now forming, never stays the same for long. So, too, it is with the people and dwellings of the world."

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:57 am

Applauding the Lamonian government for sponsoring the creation of the Bacterial Oil Cartel, a world famous energy distribution group that is renowned for being environmentally-friendly and for working towards reducing humanity's carbon footprint,

An Oil Cartel. Pretty sure the GA has banned cartels -- no need for SC RP and GA RP to be consistent, but it kind of.. irks me.. that a resolution would commend something illegal under GA Law.

Noting that the Lamonian-Ixanian Arms Company, which was founded in Lamoni and operated by the Lamonian government, has supplied countless free peoples with means of defending themselves from foreign tyranny,

If I went to that thread.. how many times did Lamonian-Ixanian give arms to countless dictators to provide them with a means of terrorizing their own people or establishing foreign tyranny?

Seems like a lot of spin here.

Observing President Andrew Stinson's, Lamoni's leader, signature on the Castlegate Declaration, which is a anti-slavery declaration that encourages nations to liberate slaves from their oppressors via whatever means necessary,

Can you give an estimate of how many nations approximately heeded this Declaration publicly and observe it?

Recalling that Lamoni played a vital role in the invasion of Greater Tezdrian, a state that was condemned by the Security Council, and that Lamoni and its ally Lyras were responsible for the liberation of the nation's enslaved men, women, and children,

Say which resolution number, I forget the number. (e.g., SC#34)

Approving of Lamoni's deployment of aggressive naval and army units to the Blackhelm Confederacy, another nation that was condemned by the Security Council, in response to the nation's commitment piracy, human rights violations, and wanton aggression against innocent nations,

I'll have more to say later, I think he's a good candidate. I'd recommend adding dates on various events mentioned in the resolution, if it's RL dates and that fits with Lamoni's timing of events, otherwise I recommend not including RP dates (e.g., 4501 AD).

I also think there just needs to be -more- to the resolution, so I'd recommend some more research. Have you interviewed Lamoni? :)
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

The Scarlet Death
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scarlet Death » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:16 am

An Oil Cartel. Pretty sure the GA has banned cartels -- no need for SC RP and GA RP to be consistent, but it kind of.. irks me.. that a resolution would commend something illegal under GA Law.

Link to the resolution?

If I went to that thread.. how many times did Lamonian-Ixanian give arms to countless dictators to provide them with a means of terrorizing their own people or establishing foreign tyranny?

None.

Can you give an estimate of how many nations approximately heeded this Declaration publicly and observe it?

It was a pretty high-profile declaration but I'd have to ask around. Lyras or someone else involved in it might be able to provide a more concrete answer.

Will do.

I'll have more to say later, I think he's a good candidate. I'd recommend adding dates on various events mentioned in the resolution, if it's RL dates and that fits with Lamoni's timing of events, otherwise I recommend not including RP dates (e.g., 4501 AD).

I also think there just needs to be -more- to the resolution, so I'd recommend some more research. Have you interviewed Lamoni? :)
Dates for events would be somewhat hard to determine, I think. I have interviewed Lamoni.

Coltarin
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2011

Postby Coltarin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:30 am

I fully support this.
Coltarin (AKA Colt)
Paintis Bulpupis

Puzikas wrote:"No gun? Fuck it , you're now Comrade Meat Shield" level.
Fordorsia wrote:Why sell the restored weapons when you can keep them in a military-themed sex dungeon?
Spreewerke wrote:Basically plainclothes, armed security on a plane. Terrorist starts boxcuttering? Shoot his ass. Passenger starts being a dickhole penisweiner? Arrest his ass. Stewardess walks by? Smack dat ass. People obviously see you? Lose your job as a federal employee and suffer a failing marriage while your children don't speak with you at home and, due to your newly-developed drinking problem, you also lose all custody rights of your children. Your life culminates with your self-immolation inside your one-bedroom trailer home.

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Nay.

Lamoni is a western nation undeserving of the approval of the Kvltein.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:01 pm

Carta:

GA#70 wrote:LIMITS this resolution to the international market,

HOWEVER reserves the inherent right to openly legislate further on the subjects of competition law and specific market regulation;

GENERALLY DEFINES “collusion” as a public or private agreement which occurs between two or more businesses to divide a market, set prices, limit production, or generally prevent competition;

DEFINES “cartel” as a group of two or more businesses that collude to limit competition within an industry or market;

BANS the formation of cartels and instructs the International Trade Administration (ITA) to determine the existence of a cartel, and restrict existing and future cartels from interacting on an international scale,

FOUND HERE: viewtopic.php?p=883548#p883548

Perhaps ask Glen-Rhodes whether the institution in question would be illegal under GA Law, if you describe it properly -- he'd been one of the better people to judge. I'm not clear on how the "LIMITS" clause affects the narrowing of the resolution (if it's involved with collusion internationally or the collusion of businesses of an international nature).
Last edited by Unibot II on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:04 pm

The Scarlet Death wrote:

None.

Then mention that..

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:47 pm

The God-Realm wrote:Nay.

Everyone, grab your torches and pitchforks.

I'm no WA member...but surely a lowly peasant like myself can give a hearty "Aye" to this proposal.

Kick TGR out, make it unanimous ;)
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

The Scarlet Death
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Scarlet Death » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:28 pm

The original post has been updated.

Samozaryadnyastan
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samozaryadnyastan » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:12 am

Anemos Major wrote:This commendation? See this commendation?

For every vote against it, I will burn an orphanage (and some other stereotypically immoral things too).

I have done many things in my time here on NS, and Lamoni has somehow managed to provide invaluable help and company for each of those many things. That doesn't just apply to me either. If he doesn't deserve this commendation, well, nobody does.

Agreem on all points :3

All glory to the Lamoni!
Sapphire's WA Regional Delegate.
Call me Para.
In IC, I am to be referred to as The People's Republic of Samozniy Russia
Malgrave wrote:You are secretly Vladimir Putin using this forum to promote Russian weapons and tracking down and killing those who oppose you.
^ trufax
Samozniy foreign industry will one day return...
I unfortunately don't RP.
Puppets: The Federal Republic of the Samozniy Space Corps (PMT) and The Indomitable Orthodox Empire of Imperializt Russia (PT).
Take the Furry Test today!

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:17 am

As it stands, I am against.

The God-Realm
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The God-Realm » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:20 am

The Cookish States wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:Nay.

Everyone, grab your torches and pitchforks.

I'm no WA member...but surely a lowly peasant like myself can give a hearty "Aye" to this proposal.

Kick TGR out, make it unanimous ;)

OOC: I like Lamoni, but Wellboneland hates humanitarian nations.
Add me on Steam: Hatekindler

Member of: IWW, EF!, La Raza, the KFA, and NSG Senate and Red Army
Esternial wrote:
The God-Realm wrote:No

people who qq over losing a gf over a small penis size are insecure and need to check themselves

Before they wreck themselves?

Or their ex' car.

Valita
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Valita » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:46 am

I support this wholeheartedly - Lamoni has always acted in a way deserving of my respect.
The Unifed States of Daemyrs
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ouearotion
The Allied States of Azadliq
The Armed Republic of Colonial
The Kingdom of Valita
The Jingoistic States of Armstrongs Landing
The Colony of Timmy City
The Federal Republic of Anacasppia
The Democratic Federation of The Taryegeans

Greal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 23, 2007

Postby Greal » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:54 am

No lack of ayes from here!
DEFCON: 5 l 4 l 3 l 2 l 1

Greal Embassy Center, Greal News Agency,

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:21 pm

Looks nice, especially this part:
Noting that the Lamonian-Ixanian Arms Company, which was founded in Lamoni and operated by the Lamonian government, has supplied countless free peoples with means of defending themselves from the tyranny of foreign aggression and subjugation while refraining from selling weaponry to violent and oppressive states;
:)
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:04 am

(OOC: Sorry, only just seen this and can't resist an IC dig at my old nemesis. Hopefully not a gravedig, but OOCly I'd fully support this and would get my region to vote for it, despite not being in the WA myself)

Honoured members of the Unite- World Assembly Security Council,

As a body that of course was invented by a Starblaydi, so you owe us a debt of gratitude, remember? How laughable it is that this body is contemplating raising the Free Republic of Lamoni into the halls of such lauded nations as the Protectorate of Starblaydia by commending them for their... whatever it is they've done.

When Starblaydia was commended by Resolution 40 for it's excellence in the international arena, standards for such a Commendation were obviously exceptionally high. Now, this body lowers itself to considering an immense poverty-stricken wasteland as worthy of such a great honour. Frankly, delegates, I am disgusted. Disgusted!

Lamoni has only won the Atlantian Oceania Confederation of Association Football Cup twi- er, three times. Three? when did they get a third? Oh, whatev- Three times! Compare that to Starblaydia's glorious tally of six championships in the world's premier regional football tournament, it pales in comparison! So they also won the Dienstad Cup but, really, who of any note plays in that I ask you?!

Then there's their economy, it's always been down the toilet. There was a time when over two hundred and fifty of their 'Rushanas' couldn't even equal one glorious Starblaydi Credit, and their entire budget was merely fraction of a single percentage point of Starblaydia's government spending. How can it be justified that a poor, imploded economy such as theirs should be worthy of commendation? Don't be silly, they don't even have an economy, much less one better than Starblaydia's. Go look it up, I did. When? Oh, years ago. It always was 'Imploded', always will be. I bet even becoming one of the world's top arms dealers couldn't save their appalling nation.

And, AND... er, they couldn't even beat us in a fight. We just changed government and had to stop, is all. Lame! Oh, I get it now, Lame-oni! How did I miss that? That's pretty clever!

Anyways, before these men arrest me, I say: nay, nay, a thousand times nay. Down with this proposal!

Yelled by,

Rodrigo Marquez
Rogue Megaphone Ambassador to the UN WA, totally not on the Starblaydi government's behalf
(shortly before being escorted from the premises by various security personnel)
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives