NATION

PASSWORD

MT Zombie Apocalypse CLOSED

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Founded: Jul 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:33 pm

"I have no such illusions about killing off a zombie horde and an army brigade." Reed declared. "I'm damn lucky to be alive right now, and we haven't seen anything yet. And look at our situation. We're facing enemies that for our intents and purposes are limitless. We're wearing down by the day. And after every night of zombie evolution or every attack we pull off on the military, they get smarter. As we weaken, they only gain strength. It's simply suicidal to stay in Stalingrad for several more days. Our main goal is to destroy Borodin's zombie-farming project and complete this task preferably in one piece and with minimal bullet wounds. That doesn't require us to run through the sewers like rats for days on end."

"And that explains my destination." Belinski calmly said. "If we're going to steal ourselves a vehicle, the time would be now. The soldiers will be pouring down in this tunnel like no one else's business very soon, and that should leave most of their aboveground defenses left under-manned including the vehicle bay. Once we get a ride, we have the capability to traverse in minutes what would take us hours of walking now. Plus we'd have strike-and-fade ambush capabilities to use. Now who wants to hijack a vehicle with me?
Last edited by Idaho Conservatives on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way" --General George S. Patton

If You're A Fellow Ham, TG me!!!
KF7LCE

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:39 am

OOC: Bump?

To all my fellow students on this thread, I hope you had/are having a great spring break.

KF7LCE

Estainia
Senator

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:55 am

Roderick considered his options quickly and looked around the narrow tunnels that provided almost no cover by comparison to the rubble choked streets of Stalingrad. "Yeah, I'm in. What the 'ell; too old to give a damn and might as well try to get out of here with my remaining limbs." The old man said simply as he checked over his equipment and started stuffing shells into empty an empty magazine.

[Short; Horrible. I know. I'm sorry.]
The Empire of the Etai
Is a bit of magic your thing, or scientific post-modernism?
Consider joining Rostil today and help build a lasting setting!

Zirilrath
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2008
Corporate Police State

Postby Zirilrath » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:41 pm

Not seeing any movement down on the street Francis decided that the men down in the sewer were probably safe, so he could get on with his plan. Well, calling it 'plan' was a bit generous, it basically consisted of smashing into the facility and hitting stuff until there was no stuff left to hit. It worked, and that was what really mattered in the end. He started running in the direction of the facility, crossing over the rooftops at great speed and leaping into the air when he reached the last one before the facility.

The first guard to notice him died less than a second later, when he crushed the unfortunate man into the pavement by landing on him. Five more fell before they had much of a chance to do anything, they were simply too close to him. The others, twenty or so, started firing at him, or tried at least, he moved fast enough that most of them didn't even get close to hitting him. When around a dozen of them had died the others ran for the building, probably hoping to use the confined space inside to give themselves a better chance of hitting him.

They got inside safely, because he let them, instead turning his attention to trying to absorb one of the dead bodies. It worked after a bit of concentration, apparently his new abilities could be consciously controlled, and the few injuries he had received healed as well. After he was done here it would probably be a good idea to explore his abilities more, to get to know what he could actually do. But first, shut this place down.

When he got closer he heard something from inside; Gunfire, and lots of it. It seemed that someone or something else was also assaulting this place, which only further diminished his enemies' already abysmal chances of survival. He opened the heavy steel door that the soldiers had escaped into, promptly getting tackled by something large and clawed. It tore at him, raking his flesh, and he had to struggle to get it off, but eventually he managed to kick it away, giving him enough time to get back to his feet.

Having so recently absorbed that corpse his body started healing pretty much immediately, and he guessed that he would need it against this thing. It was at least twice his size, large forelimbs ending in huge claws, a large mouth filled with razor-sharp teeth. But he wasn't about to let this thing beat him, so he decided to push the offensive, which apparently it intended to do as well. His fists didn't do as much damage as he hoped, and its claws tore through him like paper. Score one for the gorilla-thing, apparently.

His legs were barely attached at the moment, and his healing had slowed down now, having to deal with quite a bit of trauma in a short period of time, so he would have to be more careful from now on. First he had to find a good enough weapon, fortunately there were quite a few scattered about the area so that shouldn't be a problem. Then he'd have to get in a position to blow its brains out and hope that it couldn't heal like he could.

When next it charged he leapt to the side, grabbing a shotgun dropped by one of his earlier victims as he did so. It repeated the same charge, apparently not being a very clever beast, and when it got close enough he jammed the shotgun into its mouth and pulled the trigger. The top of its head exploded, its brain splattering out of its skull, and the massive thing collapsed. Unfortunately it had gotten him too, a huge claw was plunged through his chest.

Seeing no other way to deal with this, and since the thing looked like a mutated human, he concentrated on absorbing it. The black goo flowed out of his wound, tendrils spreading like a spider's web over the dead creature, then plunging into it. It took less than half a minute for the whole thing to disappear, and not only were his wounds healed, he felt stronger. He could probably take on two of those things at once, if he was as strong as he felt.

It seemed that he would get to put that to the test soon enough, two more of the creatures emerged from the facility, proclaiming their challenge with loud roars. He smiled grimly, "Come on then, beasties." Though the smug smile disappeared as five more appeared soon after, he felt strong, but not that strong.

They charged, and all he could think of to say was, "Aw, fuck."

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:21 pm

Belinski motioned again for silence as he slowly opened the sewer lid a crack. What had been an eerily quiet tunnel, the silence only occassionaly punctuated by the dripping of water or the slogging of boots, was now filled with a cacaphony of sound from aboveground. Gunfire, screams, explosions, sirens, and inhuman growls indicated a concentrated intense attack on the water treatment plant. This wasn't just zombies randomly shambling about or another small, marauding band of survivors; this was major stuff and everyone immediately knew it.

"Great timing, eh?" Belinski muttered aloud. "We get to attack the heart of their defenses right as they are distracted by another major assault."
"Or the military is just slaughtering a hapless group of indivuduals who stumbles too close to their perimeter" Jones cynically countered.

Reed was about to interrupt with his two cents when the sound of an engine became audible close by.

"Shit, here one comes!" Reed hissed. "Get aboveground and prepare for an ambush!", he said, immediately following Belinski up the ladder. When there, he hid behind a piece of rubble dislodged from a brick building a few feet from the road's shoulder as the vehicle came into view. It was a Humvee, or whatever the Joejovians called their version of it, with a roof-mounted Gatling gun and crewed by two, with two additional men visible in the cab. This could get hairy. Looking at the road in front of the vehicle, Reed saw Jones still standing on the manhole ladder, with only the very top of his head and his rifle barrel visible. "Damn, why does he always have to be the smart one?" he whispered to himself. There was no time to finish the thought At that moment, Jones fired three quick three-shot bursts at the gunners atop the Humvee, scoring one headshot and pummelling the other one with six well-aimed .223 slugs. He may have been blind in one eye, arthritic, and largely deaf, but it was clear that he was still an excellent shot. The driver skidded the Humvee to a screeching halt and he and his comrade opened their doors, assault rifles in hand. As soon as the driver left the security of his bulletproof door, Reed leaped up from his cover and pumped him with two point-blank rounds before he even raised his weapon. The other man on the far side met a similar fate at the hands of Stauffenberg and his AA-12 shotgun.

A military assault vehicle secured and four crewmen neutralized in five seconds. They were really getting good at this.

Once the gunshots became a distant echo drifting through the ruined buildings, the squawk of the vehicle's radio became audible. A panicked transmitter reported: "All units in Sector Five to the water plant! All Sector Five units to the water plant! We have an unidentified creature..." He was abruptly cut off by a growl and a sudden Wilhelm Scream.

Reed looked at Stauffenberg and nodded. "That'd be the Freak."
Belinski looked at him, puzzled. "What's the Freak?"
"You'll find out soon enough."
Last edited by Idaho Conservatives on Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KF7LCE

Joesavi
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Joesavi » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:19 pm

OOC: Since when does Stauffenberg have a sawed-off? He does have an AA-12, though. Also, sorry for short post.

IC:

Stauffenberg was not going to hesitate. "Shotgun! Or X88PG, I suppose." Stauffenberg called as he hopped into the vehicle and begun manning the large Gatling gun inside.
Idaho Conservatives wrote:Adolf Hitler.

He's still livin' on that South American island, bitches! Along with Elvis Presley, Amelia Earhart, and Mace Windu.

Idaho Conservatives wrote:Once again Joesavi, you have proven yourself as NS's master firearm pimp.

Slakonian wrote:And do not tell i am not wrong because i am absolutly right

Non-Exploding Cupcake wrote:Twelve-tone death polka! Thrash baroque reggae! Neoclassical stoner trance jazz!

People Think I am:

Wilconson wrote:The creator of a communist version of ThunderCats.

Mushrenia wrote:The creator of Spetznaz Felines

NOTE: By declaring war on me it is acknowledged that I will potentially use lethal and/or non-lethal chemical warfare.

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:08 pm

OOC: Ah, sorry. I have not a clue where the sawed-off shotgun came from; major n00bishness on my part. Edited and fixed.

KF7LCE

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:37 am

"It's just the local family friendly super-zombie." Jones added cynically as he usually did while he climbed out of the sewer and replaced the manhole cover. He would've marveled at his own intelligence but he didn't gloat or anything of that nature. He just so maturely walked up to the JoeJovian version of the Humvee and said simply. "Shotgun." With a half-smile on his face before lifting one of the dead JoeJovians for his assault rifle; not like he would be needing it anymore. "So what the hell do you all call these things?" He said toward Belinski holding up the rifle while he situated himself along with his own rifle and the submachinegun he had nearly forgotten about that Stauffenberg gave him when they first met.
Last edited by Estainia on Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of the Etai

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:57 pm

Estainia wrote:

"It's just the local family friendly super-zombie." Reed added cynically as he usually did while he climbed out of the sewer and replaced the manhole cover.

OOC: Wait... is that Reed, or do you mean Jones? I guess that's what I get for messing around with other people's characters...

IC post coming soon.

KF7LCE

Blademasters765
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blademasters765 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:59 pm

OOC: this is still going on???
The Most Glorious Hack wrote:
Mod Centre Log wrote:# Sun Aug 7 06:08:54 2011: the_most_glorious_hack examined hot_sexy_sluts

I love my job.
Georgizm wrote:The Falklands are closest to Argentina, therefore Argentina should become part of the Falklands.

Bladian Imperium Embassy Program

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:09 pm

Idaho Conservatives wrote:
Estainia wrote:

"It's just the local family friendly super-zombie." Reed added cynically as he usually did while he climbed out of the sewer and replaced the manhole cover.

OOC: Wait... is that Reed, or do you mean Jones? I guess that's what I get for messing around with other people's characters...

IC post coming soon.

That was a typo on my part; sorry. ;D Correcting it now.
The Empire of the Etai

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:12 am

Blademasters765 wrote:OOC: this is still going on???

OOC: Yep, it sure is. And I think you've worn out your welcome in this thread.

IC: "Guess that leaves me to drive then", Reed muttered as he took the wheel. Firing up the powerful Humvee engine, he immediately mashed the pedal and took off towards the treatment plant. Though there were no ambushing soldiers or zombies, nor assault vehicles rushing up to meet them, nor artillery fire from an unseen field piece miles away, or any of the other threats that made stealing a vehicle seem like such a good idea at the time, that didn't mean there wouldn't been any. And plus, he had an appointment with the Freak.

As they drew closer to the plant and away from the cover of the sound-insulating buildings, it became evident that there was something major going down there. There was plenty of death screams, inhuman growls, and massive explosions as they nearly flew past the gates into the courtyard; par for the course in a zombie apocalypse. In addition, Reed heard something else on the radio, and immediately recognizing it, turned it up full blast just as the face-melting drum intro began: One Little Victory by Rush. The radio, though up as loud as it went, was already being drowned out by the constant, ear-splitting drone of Stauffenberg's minigun. He was sweeping the scattered and disorganized soldiers in scything passes, clearly having zero compassion for his comrades-in-arms. Even when they ran for cover, he shot through the crates and rubble to get them. Or, for that matter, just let the Freak pick them off, as he seemed to be doing an excellent job at that. Though the Freak had tried to kill them on sight many times before; he seemed to be much more interested in getting inside the facility. The two shared a common goal, and both parties apparently realized that.

For his part, Reed knew their part of the job was just to raise as much hell as possible and keep some of the infantry off the Freak's back. He swerved in and out of the debris, knocking containers full of vital supplies onto the ground and creating even more damage and charged down stragglers standing in the open, either forcing them to dive out of the way or get gunned down by Stauffenberg. Or both. Now Belinski and Jones both leaned out of the right-hand window and opened fire with their rifles, further increasing the slaughter and driving the noise in the cab up to intolerable levels The soldiers had gone from scattered and confused to utterly shattered, and were routed. Most of the survivors had given up the fight and were just running for their lives now. That still didn't stop the bloodthirsty Stauffenberg from shooting them in the back, his trademarked psychotic cackle still audible above the noise of three machine guns, groaning metal of the door being smashed like it was Silly Putty by the Freak, and some loud and hard-driving music.

The Freak finally punched through the door, and was immediately jumped and tackled to the ground by something resembling a gorilla that was just as large as he was. Four of them immediately followed behind the first. One of them stared at the Humvee, becoming visible to Reed just as he turned the vehicle around to face the door. From fifty yards away, their eyes locked. Then the zombie suddenly charged. Reed had no idea what it was, where it came from, or what it was capable of.

And in all honesty, he didn't care.

Flooring the pedal with a yell, he ran the Humvee right at the beast in a deadly game of chicken. When they were mere fractions of a second apart, the zombie leaped into the air. Stauffenberg wasn't always the most cunning soldier in the world, but when he did he a weakness, he was quick to exploit it. Instantly he opened fire on the zombie in its defenseless position, completely obliberating its head and mauling most of its upper body on a snap of the fingers. The dead beast landed on the hood with all the sound and effect of a bowling ball being thrown upon a tin roof: folding the hood downward, cracking the bulletproof window slightly, and liberally spraying gore all over the windshield right in front of Reed. Not being able to help but notice the blood in front of him, he saw that it was a very deep black, someone shiny and very fluid. It was as if the thing's veins were filled with ink. That, and a few organs that were now drifting in the pitch-black pool in front of him. He put the vehicle into reverse, allowing the body to slump off of the hood as he turned on the wipers so that he could actuall see again.

One monster down, three to go.
Last edited by Idaho Conservatives on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

KF7LCE

Zirilrath
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2008
Corporate Police State

Postby Zirilrath » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:30 am

Francis jumped around like a cricket on steroids, avoiding the things that were hunting him as best he could. Things might be more fair if he had claws too, then he'd just cut those bastards up into tiny little ribbons. As he thought of claws he felt a weird sensation in his fingers, which gave him an idea. Using his earlier experience with controlling his new powers he thought as hard as he could of claws growing on his hands, and soon something did happen. From his fingers exploded razor-sharp bone claws several inches long, strong enough to cut through concrete like a warm knife through butter.

Now sufficiently armed to take on the things he stopped running from them and instead charged them. Body parts and thick black blood flew every which way as he attacked them, and once he was done with them their remains looked like something that had gone through a blender. The blood that pretty much covered him from head to toe was quickly absorbed, along with the few chunky bits of his enemies that was in it. One of the other advantages of his new form apparently, automatic cleaning.

A truck came speeding past him, the people inside firing bullets at everything with wild abandon, everything except for him, and he recognized them as the men he had encountered in the sewers just a few minutes ago. They were not in his way, so he simply ignored them and entered the facility, looking for a way to quickly and conveniently bring the whole thing down. Tearing it down with his bare hands, while possible, would take far too long for his liking.

Joesavi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Joesavi » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:53 am

The kitten, who was doing all it could to help Captain Stauffenberg, would occasionally use its teeth pick up a new ammo belt from the box of munitions beneath the gun, and "hand" it to Stauffenberg when he ran out of ammunition. Stauffenberg had no mercy or remorse for his comrades, mostly because he didn't consider them comrades. He considered them cold, heartless monsters who brought dishonor to Joesavi's true heroes of its time. And for that, they were no comrades of his at all.

As Reed speeded into the base, he simply decimated the charging beast and sprayed his remains on the vehicles "Ugh...Is that his liver on me or his throat?" Stauffenberg muttered, wiping some mush off of his shoulder. "Whoa, we've got hostiles and little time. Kitty, get me some ammo!" Stauffenberg yelled. Thanking the cat quietly as he fed the next belt into the giant machinegun, he began spinning it up.

"Open fire!"

He's still livin' on that South American island, bitches! Along with Elvis Presley, Amelia Earhart, and Mace Windu.

Idaho Conservatives wrote:Once again Joesavi, you have proven yourself as NS's master firearm pimp.

Non-Exploding Cupcake wrote:Twelve-tone death polka! Thrash baroque reggae! Neoclassical stoner trance jazz!

People Think I am:

NOTE: By declaring war on me it is acknowledged that I will potentially use lethal and/or non-lethal chemical warfare.

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:46 pm

OOC: :lol2: Lol kitten. Just when it seemed we'd forgot about it...

IC: "Open fire!" Stauffenberg yelled after jamming yet another massive belt of .30-cal ammunition into his weapon, lifted in courtesy of the kitten.

"NO, HOLD FIRE!" Reed yelled back. "HE'S TOO CLOSE TO SHOOT!" he said, referring to the Freak. It was clear that though they were certainly not friends, they had a common mission and they certainly had nothing to gain by wounding such a powerful ally.

Suddenly, the Freak, who had been bouncing around like a rubber ball suddenly sprouted claws on its hand, forming out of the same black goo that had been sprayed all over his nice Humvee just seconds before. With his new weapons literally in-hand, he began to tear his adversaries to inky-black ribbons. Reed watched this all with his mouth wide open. After the carnage was done, he asked the obvious question: "WHAT THE F*** IS THIS?! X-MEN?!" He really didn't mean to scream it, but the constant, painful, high-pitched whine in his ears it made it very difficult to hear just about anything, his voice included.

"Reed, shut the hell up!" Belinski hissed.
"Goddammitt Nick, you'd better turn down that music or you'll be deaf like me in forty years." Jones advised.
"I don't care how loud it was, I kinda liked the song" Stauffenberg mused.

"I THINK THAT BEFORE WE SHOULD GO IN, WE SHOULD REALLY GET SOME EXPLOSIVES!" Reed yelled. "WE'VE GOT NOTHING ELSE TO DESTROY THE PLANT WITH, SO EVEN IF WE DO GET IN THERE, WE CAN'T DO A DAMN THING!"

"Y'know, he may be deaf right now, but he has a point." Belinski seconded.
Last edited by Idaho Conservatives on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KF7LCE

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:56 pm

OOC: Wow... just read back through my last post and found crazy levels of god-modding. I'm sorry about that; there is certainly a difference from adding in small-talk between characters and contriving other's plans of action. Now edited, and I'll make sure to keep a close eye on the god-modding in the future.

KF7LCE

Estainia
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Estainia » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:02 am

"Well yes, that or we can whack the walls with our rifle butts." Jones added in his typical cynical manner as Reed started yelling at the top of his lungs. "And if you keep listening to that junk you ARE going to be like me in forty years!" The old man yelled just to be heard over the blaring radio. He turned to Belinski around this time to note the obvious. "There might be some explosives in those crates we knocked over back there; C-2 or whatever it is you guys use here." He added simply before he went back to scanning for targets in the mostly deserted enviroment at that point.

[It's short I know, just nothing more to add really.]
The Empire of the Etai

Joesavi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Joesavi » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:11 pm

"Let me look. There's gotta be some packs of C-4 in here." Nikolai said as he wordlessly grabbed the baseball bat out of Stauffenberg's hands and whacked open a crate with a rather obvious print on it, reading 'MILITARY GRADE EQUIPMENT-HANDLE WITH CARE'.

Belinski reached in and pulled out a satchel charge and threw it at the wall of the plant, the plastic explosive sticking to said wall.

"Stand back, there's no detonator, so I'm going to have to do this the manual way." Belinski ordered as he threw Stauffenberg the bat and pulled out his revolver.

OOC: Sorry for short post, but it was more of a transition. As soon as we get inside, expect creativity.

People Think I am:

Joesavi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Joesavi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:49 pm

OOC: Bump for great justice!

People Think I am:

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:11 pm

OOC: Sick! The zombie thread's back! I thought this thing was long-dead. But like its main antagonists, it's risen from the grave.

IC: Reed stared confusedly at Belinski as he whipped out his magnum. "You think you can set off some plastic explosives with a .357? I'm not a physics major, but that doesn't seem like anything more than a waste of a good bullet to me. What we should be doing if we want to set this off is look in the back of the Humvee for some nice and very long jumper cables to hook up to the battery."

He went to the driver's side of the Humvee to first turn off the vehicle. While it did mean the cessation of some excellent music, at least in his mind, it would keep the wannabe demolition crew alive past the point where they first connected the wires. Now shutting the front door only to open the back, he checked the rear. The back of the cab were empty, but underneath the shotgun seat, there was indeed a toolbox. A quick inspection of it indeed produced a pair of jumper cables. However, they were much shorter than he would've preferred. It was all he had though, so it would have to do.

"Hey Roderick! Lift up the hood for me!" he called, as he threw the cables to Belinski to connect to the charge. Both men quickly complied, and within a minute, the bomb was set.

"Get inside the truck, unless you'd like to end up all splattered over this pavement!" Jones called, crawling into the back and staying as low as he could. Now it all essentially came down to how well-armored Joejovian Humvees were; if it couldn't take heavy frontal explosive damage like it was probably designed to, there would be several shrapnel victims in the party who would have no means of treatment. Reed himself was unsure of that, and it was with great reluctance that he hunched down underneath the steering wheel by the pedals. At least he might have an engine block to protect him if the shit hit the fan.

"Brace youselves!" he cautioned to the party as he slipped the key back into the ignition. And then, very slowly, he turned it over.

KF7LCE

Joesavi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Joesavi » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:16 pm

OOC: Idaho, you'll have to do a time stamp in your next post, I forgot the exact date!

IC: Stauffenberg ducked down, and as a fireball engulfed the wall, the vehicle shook violently, but took little actual damage. Stauffenberg got out, coughing and covering his face due to the smoke that covered the area. As the smoke cleared, Stauffenberg signaled to the others to get out, and approached the rather crude opening to the building.

A single soldier came running from some corridor to the hole in the wall, presumably to investigate the ruckus. Stauffenberg scrambled for his PPSh-74, but realized that there was an unfortunately placed oxygen tank behind the soldier, which had ruptured due to the explosion. Stauffenberg ran for cover as it burst, but he didn't get far. Looking back, he saw the soldier now engulfed in flames as the captain now entered the hole in the wall, indifferent to the soldier's suffering. He didn't consider any of Borodin's men an ally, much less a comrade.

People Think I am:

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:05 pm

OOC: I really have lost track, so I'll just set the time at noon.

IC:

STALINGRAD, JOESAVI
WATER TREATMENT PLANT
1200 HOURS

Reed threw open the door and came running towards the hole in the wall, shotgun drawn. As Stauffenberg blindly ran in and started shooting, he put his back to the wall and instead leaned to see inside. He would've backed up the captain with covering fire, but a large explosion and a few bursts of gunfire indicated that Stauffenberg had a handle on the situation. One soldier, screaming and on fire, was the only threat left. Feeling empathy for the doomed man, Reed quickly put him out of his misery with a coup-de-grace chest shot. Stepping inside the facility for the first time, he took cover behind the first crate he saw. Slowly advancing towards Stauffenberg's position through the overturned crates and general debris and trash in the building, he stayed low and out-of sight from any unseen foes above or abreast of him and only took sure shots to conserve ammo. His patience was rewarded; after his magazine was emptied, he had seven kills in eight shots. The efficiency was as much a testament to the quality of the M5 shotgun as to his own proficiency with the weapon.

Crouching beside his comrade as he reloaded his gun, he asked "I hope you know where you're going, Hugo."

KF7LCE

Joesavi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Joesavi » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:43 am

OOC: This is just a filler for while I attempt to dream up some ideas. Also, if you don't mind, I have a friend who wants to join in.

IC: Belinski, following his captain and Reed, with Hugo's kitten scampering close behind him, sprinted into the building revolver in hand. Being only a PFC, he knew that, technically, he was still answering to Stauffenberg, as they were in the same unit. But there was a mutual feeling, one of respect, that everyone seemed to have for the soldier, making him a natural leader. Maybe it was just because the things he did while captive by the fascists.

He didn't understand it, but then again he didn't understand anything when sober, and he was all out of vodka. Pushing the thought to the back his head, he kept moving up to Reed and Stauffenberg, gripping his .357 tightly. "Watch out. You never know when there could be an ambush..." The young soldier warned.

People Think I am:

Idaho Conservatives
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Idaho Conservatives » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:40 am

OOC: Does he have an NS account, or will you be playing on his behalf? Either way, I'm fine with him having Belinski; neither of us was really playing him.

KF7LCE

Joesavi
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Joesavi » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:50 am

Idaho Conservatives wrote:OOC: Does he have an NS account, or will you be playing on his behalf? Either way, I'm fine with him having Belinski; neither of us was really playing him.

He has his own account, but I'd like to keep Belinski. He's already making his character and reading through the thread, I think.

People Think I am:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents