NATION

PASSWORD

International Coalition for Expansion (MT signup)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Doppio Giudici » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:52 pm

I have dibs on Intel!
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Capisaria
Senator

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Capisaria » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:41 pm

I've been terrible inactive (and left behind by everyone) what should I be?

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:48 pm

Capisaria wrote:I've been terrible inactive (and left behind by everyone) what should I be?

A general member.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Arthurista
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Arthurista » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Post War America wrote:
Capisaria wrote:I've been terrible inactive (and left behind by everyone) what should I be?

A general member.

Logistics and judicial haven't been taken yet.

We also need a Chief of Air Staff. Anyone proficient with AESA and RCS and the like?
Last edited by Arthurista on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppio Giudici » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:01 pm

I can help with logistics, but I won't lead it. I think we should make a pile of weapons for new members, throw in captured tanks and such we get from old victories. I have a lot do to all this constant fighting I'm stuck with.

Also we need to contact each and every member, see if their in or not.

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:17 pm

Doppio Giudici wrote:I can help with logistics, but I won't lead it. I think we should make a pile of weapons for new members, throw in captured tanks and such we get from old victories. I have a lot do to all this constant fighting I'm stuck with.

Also we need to contact each and every member, see if their in or not.

I'm no longer part of ICE, and have no intention of returning, so technically I don't have the right to speak. But, with all due respect, and I mean absolutely no offense here, that's a dumb idea. I'm going to try to put this as calmly as possible, please don't take this personally.

A captured tank is no good for combat, its best use is as a way to study the enemy's equipment and tech. It would meet no standards with which a military, even a "new" one, even a low-quality one, would operate with. Its armor wouldn't be up to your specifications (rather to the enemy's specs, which are likely not close to similar). The training required to operate the tank in combat wouldn't be close to the same as it is for tanks you operate yourself, and that's ignoring the fact that technical expertise on keeping the tank operational, in terms of maintenance and support, would be anything but normal or easy. Additionally, everything in the tank - its internal parts, operational systems, etc - are so far different to your own tanks that integrating them into any logistics chain would realistically be impossible without massive unnecessary costs.

Sure you save money from building your own or purchasing one, but you end up spending more in logistics, training, and maintenance/support.

Plus it's just a dick move to supply your allies with old tanks you captured from your old enemies.

The ideal options you have are to supply your allies with 1) brand new tanks you produce or 2) older reserve tanks or older variants of current tanks you still have in service but are contemplating retiring. This way you're not instigating the massive logistics, support, and training challenges that would be completely unnecessary otherwise.

Now, for some suggestions from a third-party outsider. Again, don't think I'm criticizing you guys, but I'm giving you my input regarding this.

You guys have way too many positions on your executive council, to the point where a majority of the active members would be on executive council. I doubt you guys need separate countries to act as chiefs of staff for each type of warfare. A large executive leaves the alliance to big and unwieldy; that was one major issue ICE had. It'd make sense if this was a NATO or an alliance full of RPers that always are active and RPing together, but it's just not a suitable organization for most II alliances.

Hope some of this is helpful.

- Virana
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Doppio Giudici » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:39 pm

I was really thinking small arms, but okay. I knew that someone was going to say something like that, just wanted to be sure.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Arthurista wrote:Logistics and judicial haven't been taken yet.

I've been on a good number of Judging panels so I'd be very happy to volunteer to head up the Judicial branch. I'd also be happy to help with standardization programs for logistics, and co-ordinating members so that we have always have a joint airlift/sealift capacity when necessary.

We also need a Chief of Air Staff. Anyone proficient with AESA and RCS and the like?

I'm fairly proficient, but mostly naval-based, and mostly concerning Logistics/Refueling, Passive EW strategy, Countermeasures (particularly electronic) and Area control, so I'd be happy to help, or be Acting Chief, but I'd prefer in the long run to be Chief of Fleet Air Staff.

Doppio Giudici wrote:I can help with logistics, but I won't lead it. I think we should make a pile of weapons for new members, throw in captured tanks and such we get from old victories. I have a lot do to all this constant fighting I'm stuck with.

Responding principally to Virana's point, there are some tanks that are so ubiquitous - Lyran ones come to mind - that it would be possible to adopt them, but only if they do follow some international standards. (Also some other tanks may possibly be cannibalized for spare parts).
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Thank you all for the wonderful input, but I'm of the same mind of Virana on matters of administration in that I will be keeping the administration as small as possible, yet large enough for enjoyable IC, and OOC fun. I'm typing up the new thread as we speak, should be up in moments. :)
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:00 am

Alrighty kids, the new thread is up with some new images from myself, hope you enjoy.

New Thread for the ICE

I ask all discussion be taken over there, to ensure we break the new thread in and debate some important new topics, such as who will populate our empty Security Council table.
Last edited by Itailian Maifias on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

The IASM
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The IASM » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:07 am

Itailian Maifias wrote:Alrighty kids, the new thread is up with some new images from myself, hope you enjoy.

[url=forum.nationstates.net/posting.php?mode=edit&f=4&t=237356&p=14043844]New Thread for the ICE[/url]

I ask all discussion be taken over there, to ensure we break the new thread in and debate some important new topics, such as who will populate our empty Security Council table.

The link is broken.
HUN-01

20:22 Kirav Normal in Akai is nightmare fuel in the rest of the world.
11:33 Jedoria Something convoluted is going on in Akai probably.
Transoxthraxia: I'm no hentai connoisseur, but I'm pretty sure Akai's domestic politics would be like, at least top ten most fucked up hentais"
18:26 Deusaeuri Let me put it this way, you're what would happen if Lovecraft decided to write political dystopian techno thriller
20:19 Heku tits has gone mental
20:19 Jakee >gone
05:48 Malay lol akai sounds lovely this time of never

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:10 am

The IASM wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:Alrighty kids, the new thread is up with some new images from myself, hope you enjoy.

[url=forum.nationstates.net/posting.php?mode=edit&f=4&t=237356&p=14043844]New Thread for the ICE[/url]

The link is broken.

Broken? Link? I haven't the foggiest idea of what you speak of :P
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:36 am

OOC: Are signups still allowed?
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:29 am

Romberg wrote:OOC: Are signups still allowed?

Yes, but please do it in the new thread, linked above. :)
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:38 am

Thanks.
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

Port Charlotte
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Port Charlotte » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Hey I not on the member list.
Zephyic Civil War- Port Charlotte withdraw
Defense of Qubec- Port Charlotte Victory
Intonisian/Emexican War- Port Charlotte withdraw
Defense of Port Charlotte- Lost
THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS THE GREATEST NATION GOD HAS PLACED ON THIS EARTH. WE FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE AND ANSWER THE CALL OF JUSTICE WHEREVER TYRANNY REIGNS.

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:54 pm

Port Charlotte wrote:Hey I not on the member list.

Pretty sure this place is dead.
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Port Charlotte wrote:Hey I not on the member list.

Pretty sure this place is dead.

We moved to a new thread months ago
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Prussia-Steinbach
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Prussia-Steinbach » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:17 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:
Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Pretty sure this place is dead.

We moved to a new thread months ago

Hence "place," not "organisation."
I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do.
The question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it. ― William S. Burroughs

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates