NATION

PASSWORD

Atheists - If the Bible isn't true, why is it so remarkable?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
LogiChristianity
Envoy

Founded: Aug 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Atheists - If the Bible isn't true, why is it so remarkable?

Postby LogiChristianity » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:27 pm

A lot of atheists act like the Bible is something that is just some random book that was dug up, but wouldn't you be convinced that Christianity was true if you realized that the Bible had amazing properties that made it unique and special and in some ways perfect?

I just think some people don't look into this. But that's okay, because here it is.

And this all comes from this link: http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/b_proof.shtml

and this link: http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml

For one thing, the Bible mentions dinosaurs before we even knew they existed actually.
Dinosaurs are referred to in several Bible books. The book of Job describes two dinosaurs. One is described in chapter 40 starting at verse 15, and the other in chapter 41 starting at verse 1. We think you will agree that 1½ chapters about dinosaurs is a lot—since most people do not even realize that they are mentioned in the Bible.

Also, the Bible was accurate about astronomy.
The Bible frequently refers to the great number of stars in the heavens. Here are two examples.

Genesis 22:17
Blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.

Jeremiah 33:22
“As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, nor the sand of the sea measured, so will I multiply the descendants of David My servant and the Levites who minister to Me.”
Even today, scientists admit that they do not know how many stars there are. Only about 3,000 can be seen with the naked eye. We have seen estimates of 1021 stars—which is a lot of stars.[2] (The number of grains of sand on the earth’s seashores is estimated to be 1025. As scientists discover more stars, wouldn’t it be interesting to discover that these two numbers match?)

Also, it was able to predict the future!
One of the strongest arguments for the accuracy of the Bible is its 100% accuracy in predicting the future. These future predictions are called “prophecies.” The Old Testament was written between approximately 1450 BC and 430 BC. During that time, many predictions of the future were recorded in the Bible by God’s prophets. Of the events that were to have taken place by now, every one happened just the way they predicted it would. No other “sacred writing” has such perfectly accurate predictions of the future.

Plus, there is textual evidence!
Over 20,000 known manuscripts document the New Testament text. This makes the New Testament the most reliable document of antiquity (a document written before the printing press). These manuscripts vary in size from a part of a page to an entire Bible (Old and New Testaments). The earliest New Testament manuscripts date from the second century (100-199) AD These manuscript copies were written in different languages by people of different nationalities, cultures, and backgrounds. In spite of all those differences between them, the New Testament texts all agree.

Also, people didn't at the time refute these words.
Special proof exists for the New Testament, since Christians were strongly persecuted by both the Jews and the Roman government. If the New Testament writings were false, these two groups would have produced a great deal of evidence to stop the growth of this “sect.” None exists. Further, the New Testament writings (before they were assembled into the “book” we call the New Testament) circulated during the lifetimes of thousands of people who had actually seen Jesus’ miracles and other historic events. No one ever refuted the New Testament writings as “fairy tales.”

So, atheists and other non-Christians, how do you explain these? Coincidences? I think not.
Get it? Logic + Christianity = Logichristianity = Jesus = Salvation = Heaven = God = Oneness.

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Exactly what did it predict.

Madoka Kaname
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Madoka Kaname » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:29 pm

Christians, if Twilight isn't true, why is it so remarkable?
Je suis la nation alternatif de la Norstal.

1. Drink Morning Rescue before work or school.
2. Homura-chan is your prophet.
3. Make a wish.

Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.

I DIED FOR YOUR SINS!

LogiChristianity
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby LogiChristianity » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:30 pm

New Sapienta wrote:Exactly what did it predict.

It predicted perfectly everything Jesus Christ did, for one thing.
Get it? Logic + Christianity = Logichristianity = Jesus = Salvation = Heaven = God = Oneness.

Samuraikoku
Post Czar

Founded: May 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Samuraikoku » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Madoka Kaname wrote:Christians, if Twilight isn't true, why is it so remarkable?

Overexposure to the public?

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:31 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:

Hahaha, wow.

Prove he existed.

Oh and the Bible was made after Jesus was born.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Leviathan was described in Hebrew as a fish, the number of stars in the sky was supposed to be poetry, not exact terminology, the Bible is just one of many ancient documents we have, and the Romans were simply not interested in the backwater province of Judaea, and hence why we don't have anything contemporaneous to the events written by the Romans.
Last edited by Avenio on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LogiChristianity
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby LogiChristianity » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Madoka Kaname wrote:Christians, if Twilight isn't true, why is it so remarkable?

Twilight is a silly fairy tale with silly monsters. :palm:

Don't compare it to the Holy Bible.
Last edited by LogiChristianity on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silent Majority
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silent Majority » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:32 pm

The Bible frequently refers to the great number of stars in the heavens. Here are two examples.

Blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is on the seashore; and your descendants shall possess the gate of their enemies.

“As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, nor the sand of the sea measured, so will I multiply the descendants of David My servant and the Levites who minister to Me.”
Even today, scientists admit that they do not know how many stars there are. Only about 3,000 can be seen with the naked eye. We have seen estimates of 1021 stars—which is a lot of stars.[2] (The number of grains of sand on the earth’s seashores is estimated to be 1025. As scientists discover more stars, wouldn’t it be interesting to discover that these two numbers match?)

Seriously?

Anyone who is not blind can tell you there are lots of stars.
“It is the ultimate irony of history that radical individualism serves as the ideological justification of the unconstrained power of what the large majority of individuals experience as a vast anonymous power, which, without any democratic public control, regulates their lives.”
― Slavoj Žižek

Madoka Kaname
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Madoka Kaname » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Samuraikoku wrote:

Indeed.

Meanwhile, Puella Magi Madoka Magica predicted the Touhou Earthquake. Perhaps not at the same year, but predicted a supernatural disaster nonetheless.

Ergo, you should all worship Madoka Kaname, your true savior and super-cute magical girl, at your service. *nods*

3. Make a wish.

Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.

I DIED FOR YOUR SINS!

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:32 pm

I am Christain, and imma call bullshit. ;)
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:32 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:

The Bible is a silly fairy tale with silly monsters. :palm:

Don't compare it to the Twilight.

Fixed

The Humanist Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Humanist Federation » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:33 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:

Both are pieces of fiction. At least Twilight hasn't caused death and scientific regression for the last 2000 years or so.

LogiChristianity
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby LogiChristianity » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:33 pm

Silent Majority wrote:

Seriously?

No, I've looked this up. The early astronomers thought there were only around a thousand stars.

ALMF
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby ALMF » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:33 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:

so it predicted the actions of a fictional caricter in itself. :roll:
a left social libertarian (all on a scale 0-10 with a direction: 0 centrist 10 extreme)
Left over right: 5.99
Libertarian over authoritarian: 4.2,
non-interventionist over neo-con: 5.14
Cultural liberal over cultural conservative: 7.6

You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 16 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 5 percent are more extremist than you.

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:33 pm

The Bible must be true
Why?
Because it's so remarkable.
Why?
Because it's true, look!
So why is it true?
Because it's so remarkable.

ad infinitum
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

LogiChristianity
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby LogiChristianity » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 pm

The Humanist Federation wrote:
LogiChristianity wrote:

Both are pieces of fiction. At least Twilight hasn't caused death and scientific regression for the last 2000 years or so.

But it was actually advanced in science, as you can see in the OP.

Retro Lyra
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 pm

The Humanist Federation wrote:
LogiChristianity wrote:

While I diagree with it being fiction, the entire reason it's called a faith is because you have to have faith in it. There's no way to prove that it is true.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

Veladio
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Veladio » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:

Prove the miracles happened.
I am a Wiccan. Do not assume I am an Atheist in Religion threads simply because I support complete Secularization of Government Entities.

Social Libertarian (could care less about Economics, there are people who are more educated at it, so it is a waste of time to try and debate me on it.). As stated above I am a Wiccan, and I find solidarity with the Egyptian Deities. I support government secularization as well as complete freedom of religion, as I believe that to truly be secular, the state must respect all beliefs, and favor none. And I recently enlisted in the United States Navy.

Madoka Kaname
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Madoka Kaname » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:

Hello Karinzistan, we meet again. :<

Also your textual evidence is without a sauce.

3. Make a wish.

Don’t forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.

I DIED FOR YOUR SINS!

LogiChristianity
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby LogiChristianity » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:34 pm

ALMF wrote:
LogiChristianity wrote:

so it predicted the actions of a fictional caricter in itself. :roll:

Can you prove Jesus was fictional?

Newaswa
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Newaswa » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:35 pm

So because a book is remarkable,that means it's true?Then Lord of the Rings is true because it's so remarkable.

Silent Majority
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Silent Majority » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:35 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
Seriously?

No, I've looked this up. The early astronomers thought there were only around a thousand stars.

But still too many to really count, which is basically what the bible is saying.
“It is the ultimate irony of history that radical individualism serves as the ideological justification of the unconstrained power of what the large majority of individuals experience as a vast anonymous power, which, without any democratic public control, regulates their lives.”
― Slavoj Žižek

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:35 pm

LogiChristianity wrote:
ALMF wrote:so it predicted the actions of a fictional caricter in itself. :roll:

Can you prove Jesus was fictional?

You have to prove he existed, you have made the claim.

Ankoku Satsui no Hadou Samurai
Attaché

Founded: Jul 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ankoku Satsui no Hadou Samurai » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:35 pm

Madoka Kaname wrote:
Samuraikoku wrote:

Indeed.

Meanwhile, Puella Magi Madoka Magica predicted the Touhou Earthquake. Perhaps not at the same year, but predicted a supernatural disaster nonetheless.

Ergo, you should all worship Madoka Kaname, your true savior and super-cute magical girl, at your service. *nods*

Heretic.

The Emperor protects.
I am the evil version of Samuraikoku.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General