NATION

PASSWORD

Guide to Easter Egg issues (SPOILERS)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Verdant Haven
Diplomat
 
Posts: 610
Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Verdant Haven » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:35 pm

Dabarastan wrote:I'm speculating that Please, Sir, We Want Some More Issues's chances of appearing are increased if the player has either a) recently found an easter egg or b) recently set fields to make them qualify for easter egg/s

This has proven true for this account, a puppet, and a friend of mine's account.



I suspect there is something to this.

After many years of playing and having never received an easter egg, I finally broke down and changed all my custom fields about 1 week ago, in order to pursue them.

This morning, I got my first egg - #622. Then, this evening, I got #430.

I don't use issue throttle, and have answered well more than the requisite number of issues, without ever getting this egg. Same day as I pick up a different egg, tada - there it is.

User avatar
Dabarastan
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 65
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Conservative Democracy

Postby Dabarastan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:41 pm

^ I see you've now found four, congrats.

Meanwhile, I finally encountered #80 - Aliens Wish Peace/Trade Agreement - this morning. Likely because of "moo" in my motto with "cow" as my animal. I'll change these fields back to something more original now.

User avatar
Equalito
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jan 01, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Equalito » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:25 am

Dabarastan wrote:I'm speculating that Please, Sir, We Want Some More Issues's chances of appearing are increased if the player has either a) recently found an easter egg or b) recently set fields to make them qualify for easter egg/s

This has proven true for this account, a puppet, and a friend of mine's account.

This nation just received this issue without any easter egg custom fields. It already had just one easter egg.
-Fauxia
Last edited by Equalito on Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hechevstan
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Sep 13, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hechevstan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:39 pm

I got easter egg 80 just now with "bull" as my national animal, which is strange, since I've had that national animal since I started and I never got that easter egg.
Puppet of Voxija; in the same universe as Ssejekistan.

User avatar
Dabarastan
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 65
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Conservative Democracy

Postby Dabarastan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:45 pm

Hechevstan wrote:I got easter egg 80 just now with "bull" as my national animal, which is strange, since I've had that national animal since I started and I never got that easter egg.

I see that before your answered the issue your pizza industry was also quite low. I wonder if "bull" qualifies just as much as "cow"?

User avatar
Verdant Haven
Diplomat
 
Posts: 610
Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Verdant Haven » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:08 am

Dabarastan wrote:^ I see you've now found four, congrats.

Meanwhile, I finally encountered #80 - Aliens Wish Peace/Trade Agreement - this morning. Likely because of "moo" in my motto with "cow" as my animal. I'll change these fields back to something more original now.


Thank you, yes, I changed my fields and nothing happened for a week or so. Then I got four eggs in three days - 622 followed by 430 on the 15th, and then 215 followed by 78 on the 17th. I've theoretically got things set to get 375, 80, 1122, 471, and theoretically I've been eligible for 233 for ages, and may have recently become able to get 77, though I'm not sure the number needed for that. Once 1122 pops, assuming it does, I'll rotate to put in things for 255 and 408.

I can't wait to join you in changing my fields back to my originals! It feels very wrong having them all filled with such meta stuff instead of my proper info.

User avatar
Land Without Shrimp
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 130
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:30 pm

Verdant Haven wrote:
Dabarastan wrote:^ I see you've now found four, congrats.

Meanwhile, I finally encountered #80 - Aliens Wish Peace/Trade Agreement - this morning. Likely because of "moo" in my motto with "cow" as my animal. I'll change these fields back to something more original now.


Thank you, yes, I changed my fields and nothing happened for a week or so. Then I got four eggs in three days - 622 followed by 430 on the 15th, and then 215 followed by 78 on the 17th. I've theoretically got things set to get 375, 80, 1122, 471, and theoretically I've been eligible for 233 for ages, and may have recently become able to get 77, though I'm not sure the number needed for that. Once 1122 pops, assuming it does, I'll rotate to put in things for 255 and 408.

I can't wait to join you in changing my fields back to my originals! It feels very wrong having them all filled with such meta stuff instead of my proper info.

I know the feeling!! ...but the eggs are worth it. =)

I just need #223...which I should also be eligible for...but nothing...for months and months now. I'm so close...

User avatar
Verdant Haven
Diplomat
 
Posts: 610
Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Verdant Haven » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:52 am

I just picked up 77 today - it occurred after I had answered 4 other Eggs (all recent).

I'm not sure if the specific number needed is known, but 4 was my guess (since that maxes out the badge) and, at the very least, it sure seems like a possibility. Anybody get it with fewer?

Incidentally, I also just yesterday crossed 4 billion population. No idea if that matters.
Last edited by Verdant Haven on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Atlae Isles
Diplomat
 
Posts: 983
Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Atlae Isles » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:22 am

I received #80 despite not producing that much pizza (I was below 25%) with about 2,392 before I received the issue. I did recently change my national animal to "cow" and put "moo" in my motto, however.
Author of Issues #752, #816, and #967
Field Marshal of the Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army
WA Ambassador: George Williamsen
"Gloria in Terra"
"The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."

User avatar
Hechevstan
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Sep 13, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Hechevstan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:28 am

I got issue 430 Please Sir, We Want Some More Issues a week after my first Easter egg (now). My issue settings are on "no throttle" and I don't think I have any custom fields.
Last edited by Hechevstan on Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Voxija; in the same universe as Ssejekistan.

User avatar
Aguaria Major
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Aguaria Major » Sat May 09, 2020 12:43 am

REGARDING THE ZOMBIE ISSUE:

Since my last post here, I have finally gotten the Zombie issue. My nation ceased to exist for over a month and it was one of the first ones I received after refounding.

You DEFINITELY get the issue by "rising from the dead". I think though, that you have to be dead for at least a certain amount of time in order to trigger the issue on refounding.

My nation has CTEed 3 times in its history, and this last death was the only one that lasted longer than 2 weeks. I'd estimate that you have to be dead for at least a month.
Last edited by Aguaria Major on Sat May 09, 2020 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
We are Aguaria Major. We are a libertarian communist democracy, and we're located in the Pacific on a vast archipelago between Hawaii and Fiji. Learn more about us here: We heavily favor environmental protection and the funding of science and technology.
However, this doesn't mean we're pushovers. We spend billions on our military every year, and are not afraid to conquer nations which wrong us.
We boast great reserves of power and wealth in our mainland provinces of Lavendoria in Africa and Nation of Beefheart in East Asia, and our remote, impregnable Pitcairn Islands fortress-city of the Province of Every Name I Tried Was Already Taken.
We have a military and economic solidarity pact with Ceruleus.

User avatar
Aguaria Major
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 153
Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Aguaria Major » Sat May 09, 2020 1:05 am

Trotterdam wrote:
Aguaria Major wrote:Is it only triggered if you have the aforementioned bovine-related custom fields, AND you have a large pizza industry? Or is just having the custom fields enough?
I've been scanning for a while, and I've seen some nations get the easter egg without having a great pizza industry, but it's usually still in the top 50%, or close to it. So there might be a pizza industry requirement, but it only needs to be decent, not great. Yours, which is the 517th-worst in the world, might be a problem.


Ugh. You're probably right. And my pizza industry has only moved down the list since that post. Don't think I'll ever get that one.
We are Aguaria Major. We are a libertarian communist democracy, and we're located in the Pacific on a vast archipelago between Hawaii and Fiji. Learn more about us here: We heavily favor environmental protection and the funding of science and technology.
However, this doesn't mean we're pushovers. We spend billions on our military every year, and are not afraid to conquer nations which wrong us.
We boast great reserves of power and wealth in our mainland provinces of Lavendoria in Africa and Nation of Beefheart in East Asia, and our remote, impregnable Pitcairn Islands fortress-city of the Province of Every Name I Tried Was Already Taken.
We have a military and economic solidarity pact with Ceruleus.

User avatar
Minoa
Senator
 
Posts: 4646
Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Minoa » Fri May 15, 2020 4:56 pm

Hechevstan wrote:I got issue 430 Please Sir, We Want Some More Issues a week after my first Easter egg (now). My issue settings are on "no throttle" and I don't think I have any custom fields.

This happened to West Calypso too (Minoa’s issues answering counterpart), but I need to double check if it is also due to West Calypso answering a cargo load of issues for the eventual goal of being a dystopia.
Last edited by Minoa on Fri May 15, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mme A. d'Oiseau, B.A. (State of Minoa)

User avatar
Authoritaria-Imperia
Envoy
 
Posts: 265
Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:07 am

I just got Easter Egg: Aliens Wish Peace/Trade Agreement, and I don't think the pizza industry is relevant. Mine was at around 537 points, or the top 57% of the world, when I got the issue.

I did have "moo" in my motto and "cow" on the end of my national animal; those probably did the trick.

Edit: I'm considering going inactive on this nation sometime for a month so as to become eligible for the Zombie issue. After the initial twenty-eight days that make you CTE, how long do you have to wait before "resurrecting" to become eligible.
Edit after a few days: I've just gotten Easter Egg: Please, Sir, We Want Some More Issues after getting my first two Easter Eggs in the last nine days. Heads-up, it's awesome.
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

User avatar
Scanorama
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 157
Founded: Aug 01, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Scanorama » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:48 pm

Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:Edit: I'm considering going inactive on this nation sometime for a month so as to become eligible for the Zombie issue. After the initial twenty-eight days that make you CTE, how long do you have to wait before "resurrecting" to become eligible.
.

I did just that a few years ago. I let my nation became inactive and resurrected immediately and I got the Zombie issue within two weeks.

User avatar
Authoritaria-Imperia
Envoy
 
Posts: 265
Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:57 pm

Scanorama wrote:
Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:Edit: I'm considering going inactive on this nation sometime for a month so as to become eligible for the Zombie issue. After the initial twenty-eight days that make you CTE, how long do you have to wait before "resurrecting" to become eligible.
.

I did just that a few years ago. I let my nation became inactive and resurrected immediately and I got the Zombie issue within two weeks.
Thanks, good to know! :)
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

User avatar
Land Without Shrimp
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 130
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Land Without Shrimp » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:18 am

Scanorama wrote:
Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:Edit: I'm considering going inactive on this nation sometime for a month so as to become eligible for the Zombie issue. After the initial twenty-eight days that make you CTE, how long do you have to wait before "resurrecting" to become eligible.
.

I did just that a few years ago. I let my nation became inactive and resurrected immediately and I got the Zombie issue within two weeks.

Ugh. Really!?!

I'm a bit confused myself, because I CTE'd about a year and a half ago and was officially CTE for a little over 2 months. Since I resurrected (about 18 months ago), I've still not gotten this issue. It's the only easter egg issue I still need...I'm half tempted to just CTE again just in case that helps somehow.

User avatar
Antibuda
Envoy
 
Posts: 213
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Antibuda » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:51 pm

Quick question: how long would it typically take to get an easter egg issue after you meet the requirements? I don't really need an exact answer; just a few personal experiences would be fine.
Winner of 2 medals in the 2020 Oatland Olympics!
ns stats are illegal

A 21.6 civilization, according to this index.
Antibuda wrote:Monkey 4114 decided to wear an Ice Age baby costume in February.

Liriena wrote:Make California three times bigger to intimidate its neighbours into submission.

On a potential Trump movie:
Kronica wrote:Annoying Orange: The Movie
Population isn't used.
I mean, how do you think we would cram 200 mil+ people
into an island the size of Puerto Rico?
didn't mean to get daily referendums
idk how we did
deleted pride flag
it was bad
LeftValues: Centrist Marxist

User avatar
Authoritaria-Imperia
Envoy
 
Posts: 265
Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:18 pm

Antibuda wrote:Quick question: how long would it typically take to get an easter egg issue after you meet the requirements? I don't really need an exact answer; just a few personal experiences would be fine.
I think it's completely random. I've heard of people getting them extremely quickly after meeting the requirements, but there are also cases of people waiting for ages.
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6987
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:18 am

I got Issue #80 on this nation and on Tinhampton 5z-F (four years apart); both nations had their national animal set as the "cow," but neither nation had the string of letters "moo" anywhere in their customisable fields.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP) ~ Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador ~ Achievements
3 SC Resolutions + 0 co-authored:
A: SC#250, Repeal "Liberate Femdom Empire" (87%)
A: SC#251, Commend Alasdair I Frosticus (91%)
A: SC#267, Repeal "Liberate The East Pacific" (90%)

1 GA Resolution + 1 co-authored:
A: GA#484, Disease Naming Compact (54%)
C: GA#491, Rights of the employed (54%)

0 Issues + 1 co-authored:
C: #1115, One in the Arm for @@LEADER@@?

Winners of the 73rd Cup of Harmony

User avatar
Antibuda
Envoy
 
Posts: 213
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Antibuda » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:32 am

Tinhampton wrote:I got Issue #80 on this nation and on Tinhampton 5z-F (four years apart); both nations had their national animal set as the "cow," but neither nation had the string of letters "moo" anywhere in their customisable fields.

I think the more fields you have with the requirements, the more likely you are to get it, but you still can get it with one field.
Winner of 2 medals in the 2020 Oatland Olympics!
ns stats are illegal

A 21.6 civilization, according to this index.
Antibuda wrote:Monkey 4114 decided to wear an Ice Age baby costume in February.

Liriena wrote:Make California three times bigger to intimidate its neighbours into submission.

On a potential Trump movie:
Kronica wrote:Annoying Orange: The Movie
Population isn't used.
I mean, how do you think we would cram 200 mil+ people
into an island the size of Puerto Rico?
didn't mean to get daily referendums
idk how we did
deleted pride flag
it was bad
LeftValues: Centrist Marxist

User avatar
Authoritaria-Imperia
Envoy
 
Posts: 265
Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:18 pm

I just got "A Holiday Masquerade" with "bat" as my national animal and "zombie" in my pre-title and leader fields. I guess it's not date-oriented, considering it's June…
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

User avatar
Lyustraya
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: Jul 09, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lyustraya » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:14 am

Fauxia wrote:
Philip Morris wrote:This puppet account has just received Issue 80 (Aliens), without having cow as my national animal. I thought for a moment that I didn't have "moo" in my bio either, but I realised that the "moo" in the word "smooth" must have triggered it. This means "moo" doesn't have to be a stand-alone word, and this has possibly lead to previous speculation about it not being needed at all (what I'm basically saying is people had "moo" in their bios without realising it).

I’ve received it on a few nations and never done that. I’m not sure what cows would have to do with that issue anyway. I’m fairly certain it’s more about pizza delivery industry than anything else.

Easter Egg issues never depend on stats - they are triggered by custom fields only. Furthermore:
Lyustraya wrote:According to this dispatch, issue #80 is received by having "Moo" as your motto or cow as national animal. After applying both changes to my nation and waiting roughly two weeks, I've received the issue in question, so I can confirm that one or both conditions trigger the issue. Furthermore, is not related to pizza at all, my pizza industry was lame prior to obtaining the Easter Egg.

User avatar
Dabarastan
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 65
Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Conservative Democracy

Postby Dabarastan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:07 pm

Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:I just got "A Holiday Masquerade" with "bat" as my national animal and "zombie" in my pre-title and leader fields. I guess it's not date-oriented, considering it's June…

After seeing this post yesterday, I decided to change my animal to "bat" and, sure enough, within 24 hours, I received the issue too. Thanks, I always thought it was seasonal.

The strange thing is that, as I said, I received this issue within a day of becoming eligible - meanwhile, I've been eligible for "just say no to E" for months and it still hasn't come up.

User avatar
Authoritaria-Imperia
Envoy
 
Posts: 265
Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:13 pm

I just got "Should We Pull the Lever" with "Holy" in my pretitle and a population over 1.25 billion.
Dabarastan wrote:
Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:I just got "A Holiday Masquerade" with "bat" as my national animal and "zombie" in my pre-title and leader fields. I guess it's not date-oriented, considering it's June…

After seeing this post yesterday, I decided to change my animal to "bat" and, sure enough, within 24 hours, I received the issue too. Thanks, I always thought it was seasonal.

The strange thing is that, as I said, I received this issue within a day of becoming eligible - meanwhile, I've been eligible for "just say no to E" for months and it still hasn't come up.
Yeah, I think they're just very, very random. It's also possible that the game treats Easter Eggs as regular issues with regular validities, and tries to give you a whole variety of issues before giving repeats. In that case, if there were 1000 issues in the pool and you'd gotten 997 of them, changing the custom fields would give you a huge chance of getting the Egg.

I've never heard of "Just Say No to E"; what's the validity for that?
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Australian rePublic

Advertisement

Remove ads