NATION

PASSWORD

The Grand Ball of Hadra (Closed/ The Federal Union Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Delsola
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

The Grand Ball of Hadra (Closed/ The Federal Union Only)

Postby Delsola » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:23 am

A party has been organised by the Lord Protector of Delsola for all nobles, diplomats and men of prestige from across the Federal Union, to celebrate the coming of age of his eldest daughter. The party will be an opportunity for countries within the Federal Union to increase international and personal relations, as well as to put on a show of the royals from around the region. Also, the Protectors Ruby, the nickname given to the first daughter of the Lord Protector of Delsola, is single, and much sort after by royals and nobles from around the Federal Union, for not only her power within the Delsolan government, but also for her huge personal fortune and assets. Rumoured to be attending are the Midrasian and Phaedran royal families, diplomats from around the region and various presidents and prime ministers.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Midrasia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:31 am

The Midrasian party arrive at the rear plaza of the hall. The serenity of the hall surprises the consorts, for Hadra being an industrial port city. The view across the town from the balcony was not dissimilar to that from the southern balcony from Castle Asaron in the city of Destitude.
The Midrasian prince and Councillor Tiberius approach the Delsolan Lord Protector.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki
Charles Vauban - IIWiki featured article (October 2017)
Pere Clar - IIWiki featured article (September 2019)

Phaedrus Imperator
Envoy

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Phaedrus Imperator » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:37 am

The Phaedran ambassador, Drael Favela, arrived via car, dressed to impress. A charismatic man, he was quick to talk to the various figures at the party, and had explained that Zanguinis would be arriving shortly.

Isolatonia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:46 am

the Isolatonians arrive from their jet in a chauffer driven limo. they are dressed as i mentioned on the board. the Heavy Rockin Leader walks crisply over to the Phaedran ambassador, grabbing a glass of champagne from a nearby waitor. The Baron walks over to the Lord Protector and the Midrasian and joins their conversation.

Phaedrus Imperator
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaedrus Imperator » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:54 am

Just outside the hall, a private jet was seen landing.

Two men in suits and blacked-out sunglasses stepped out, followed by a younger, well-dressed man adressing himself as Zanguinis, who approached the Delsolan nobility.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:00 am

"Somebody likes to make an entrance..." whispered the Prince to The Heavy Rocking Leader,
"Ah welcome Mister,Zanguinis, I trust your journey was safe and comfortable!"
"Anyway gentlemen, I see that there is only one thing remaining to be added, and I believe that it is the main reason we attended this event, excuse me Lord, when will your Ruby be arriving?"
Last edited by Midrasia on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:02 am

Non-alcoholic champagne, mind, since alcohol is illegal in Delsola.

The Lord Protector turns to the Prince of Midrasia.
"Ah, Aetius, haven't you grown up, eh? How's your father? I presume he's too 'busy' to see us today. Perhaps we can catch up in the future. How is everything with you? Not been assassinated yet, eh?"

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:07 am

"He is fine, caring for his father during his ill health, he is 87 you know King Spurius, god knows when the geezer will give up his throne, anyway he is fine and I think M-Sec and the royal guard have his back on the assassination thing, don't you worry now! Although he is quite fond of your non-alcoholic wines you have here, do you mind if i bring him a little souvenir?"

"As for me im quite fine just finished a tour of Jimtown, ghastly east coast you know, stay away from Panchaea, never set foot in it, ghastly city!"
Last edited by Midrasia on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:12 am

"Ach, never trust a Midrasian who doesn't want a drink! Take as much as you fancy. It's not like we'll run out! Anyway, I hope your father claims the throne soon, so we can finally play golf again! He's so busy with the King... Anyway, my daughter will be down soon, don't you worry you sly dog. She does like to make a big entrance... If she were born a man, it would be criminal not to allow her my position after I died you know. She is quick-witted and keen, much more so than I, and she certainly takes after her mother in the looks department. It is a shame... She will make a wonderful bride one day. Now, my boy, have you met Oberon? He is a strong man, he'll make a great leader, although I fear more so in war than peace. Oberon! Come over here and meet the guests!"

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:20 am

Ah I almost forgot, here,"
The Prince hands the Protector a letter.
"I don't know if you want to read it now or save it for later, but i hope you renew it sir!"
By the decree of Primarch Vaniarak and the Midrasian Royal family, The Hierarchy of Midrasia wishes to renew its non-aggressive pact with Delsola, this agreement will last until 2015,
Signed: Primarch Vaniarak,
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:22 am

The Heavy Rockin Leader laughs.
'this champagne is quite nice... but a little bit of alcohol would improve it... oh well! how are you my friends?'

Phaedrus Imperator
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaedrus Imperator » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:26 am

'Ah, Mr Manson! I've heard much about you.'
Turning to the Lord Protector, after seeing the shaking hands of the ambassador, asks,
'Can you try and give the ambassador a bottle marked as alcoholic? He gets... nervous. That's why he failed the Thirteen Trials, poor old sod. He could have been king... Anyway, the placebo effect should be enough. He can barter the hind legs off a dragon, especially if that dragon is a lady, but only if he thinks he's drunk.'
Turning to the Midrasian Prince, he asks, 'May we join this pact? While I have no power yet, I'm sure my adoptive father would wish to join, and should he not sign it, I shall when I am crowned. I wish to start my reign well, not with wars or anguish again.'

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:31 am

"I'd have to ask my father and the primarch, but im sure if they agree you would be included. Oh you Phaedrans and your obsession with reading secret documents!" The Ambassador begins to sway, pretending to be drunk, "I think he's had enough already! Ah Oberon, i have heard so much about you! I am sure that Delsola will welcome you as its Protector, just as my nation will welcome my crowning some day! How have things been in recent months?"
Last edited by Midrasia on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:32 am

(To Aetius) "I see... This will have to go through Cistern, but I'm sure it won't be too long before you'll get a response to that..."

"Ah, Oberon, you're here. Drag yourself away from those women did you? What have I told you about respect? Anyway, these men are Princes from Midrasia and Phaedrus Imperator."

"Yes father, I'm not stupid" Snaps the Titanborn. "So, which one of you wants to hear a story about planes? I was in the garage one day, when..."

He goes on to recite a story about his bombing of a Jopolian city during his time in the Delsolan Air Force, in a plane he helped design and engineer in his large personal construction factory, his 'garage'.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:39 am

"Make sure he doesn't start talking about airline food..." whispers the Prince to the Lord Protector.
"Have you been to any military occasions Oberon? I find the Midrasian Imperial Induction ceremony to be a very good occasion, you should see it some time you know, when you tour the union."
"Anyway im quite peckish, will their be food served?"
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Delsola
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Delsola » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:42 am

"Yes, I actually plan to tour Asura, we've just been waiting until my sister has this party, the publicity from this will be marvellous. There won't be a savage in Fuurturr who won't know about us now. Speaking of which..."

Fuurturr
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fuurturr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:47 am

A man with unkempt hair and a tattered suit runs into the building. He carries an old leather briefcase. The Isolatonian guests recognise him as Ruuf'gu Hr'es, the Fuurtan Foreign Minister. He says in broken Delsolan, with a noticeable Fuurtan accent,

"Sorry I am late. Fuurturr, ah, planes are for government, hard to, erm, get. I hope I, er, not rude entry."

Phaedrus Imperator
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaedrus Imperator » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:35 am

'Sigh... Hello, Mr Hr'es. We were just talking about you and your people. You know, you could have contacted me and borrowed a plane.'I'm sure we have something made of wood, you crazy ???*
'Anyway, Oberon, where is your sister? I've heard so much about her, after all.'
The ??? indicates a Phaedran word, which I would have typed, but it has click consonants and wouldn't transcribe well. It means something like savage, but harsher, and no-one knows what it means outside of P.I.

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:56 am

sorry about the delay, there was a situation in Isolatonia. all sorted now via phone... great technlogy Ah! Mr Hr'es. glad you could join us. lord protector, will your daughter be joining us soon? the Baron does get rather apprehensive when kept waiting...
Last edited by Isolatonia on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Midrasia
Diplomat

Postby Midrasia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:07 pm

"There must have been an urgent situation for them to leave so quickly, im sure its only temporary, they'll be back soon... In the meantime, hows it going in Isolationia, last i heard you were still in shooting practice with rebels."
"Also any plans for the future of the Phaedrian Empire?"
Republique de Mydrazia
IIWiki

Phaedrus Imperator
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaedrus Imperator » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:12 pm

'We were loking into a project involving getting a man onto Mars. That would teach us a lot, and allow us to establish some new facilities for... sensitive projects. Closer to home, I wish to establish some trade links with the various powers. My father was more isolationist, but I wish to try and bolster the economy by creating trade routes. I'd gladly create one with Midrasia, if you're interested.'

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:17 pm

ah yes, Phaedrus. i was hoping we could open up new trade routes as well... oh the rebel situation is long over. many of them returned to Isoltonia and the others became fully fledged citizens of Baconland. however,some of the other countries' governments seem to be breaking down. even DEV0N! hopefully the situation can be resolved before they endup like The Wallabes or New Llhedwin.
Last edited by Isolatonia on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phaedrus Imperator
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaedrus Imperator » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 pm

'I may be able to help. Still, I'm not really sure how I can...
Now, will there be any food served here? Flying always makes me hungry, and there was no time to eat on board at Mach 1.6.'

Isolatonia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Isolatonia » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:25 pm

iv got some baegels left from the flight. oh i do like baegels... i know its not classy but until the food gets here it will have to do.

Phaedrus Imperator
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Phaedrus Imperator » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:29 pm

'We don't really eat bagels in P.I., but I hear they taste great! They aren't alcoholic, are they?'

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents