NATION

PASSWORD

Canterlot Castle: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 30742
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Canterlot Castle: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Postby Katganistan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:12 pm

Okay, everypony, hang on to your saddlebags. We're moving to a new thread!

There's a new thread cap of 500 pages because of maintenance issues and so -- to Canterlot Castle!


There are a few rules here:
1) Obscene posts are not funny. And if you seriously wouldn't say something in front of your parents/grandparents/clergy/significant other's parents, you shouldn't post it here. Just because a few moderators enjoy the thread and the show does not mean that when lines are crossed, folks won't get warned. Even if you WOULD say it -- don't.

2) Keep it on topic. It should always stay in the vicinity of MLP.

3) Your blog. It's not here. Neither is this the place to roleplay your fantasies.

4) Don't feed/taunt the trolls. Report them.

5) Don't taunt each other.

6) "Drunk" posts: there are still consequences if you're breaking the rules. This goes for any condition which may impair your ability to interact with others.

7) For Luna's sake, don't multiple quote something someone else said when it's warn-worthy. Smackings will result.

8) DON'T HOTLINK. Last thread someone accidentally got goatse because some folks don't like their bandwidth being stolen. Host the pics on photobcket, flickr or any other free photo site of your choice.

With that, let us resume with season 6 of MLP: Canterlot Castle.

Here's the link to the Sugarcube Corner: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic thread, Carousel Boutique: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic thread Sweet Apple Acres: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic thread Cloudsdale: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic thread.and to Back in the Saddle Again.


Image
Last edited by Katganistan on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: Preparing for the next "season" of My Little Pony: Posting and Chat are Magic
Incorrigible Punsters
Kat, I am your father!
Why I Should Be One of the New Moderators

Kat: "What crime am I to be charged with?"
Sgt Toomey: "Being off the market and denying the many legions of Katganifans the chance to hope they will be the next to be putty in your Katganihands. Sorry. Just Hammasturbating."

Ahhhhh. look at all the Statesy people....
In the Beginning...
The Skeptic's Elite
Katganistan can!
My Little Nations

Drasnia's description of the Nationstates Experience

Learning English: It's Not Just for Non-Native Speakers
I have a fan club!
The Hivemind... isn't. Your mileage may vary.

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 30742
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:08 am

First post to get it on the first page.
Incorrigible Punsters
Kat, I am your father!
Why I Should Be One of the New Moderators

Kat: "What crime am I to be charged with?"
Sgt Toomey: "Being off the market and denying the many legions of Katganifans the chance to hope they will be the next to be putty in your Katganihands. Sorry. Just Hammasturbating."

Ahhhhh. look at all the Statesy people....
In the Beginning...
The Skeptic's Elite
Katganistan can!
My Little Nations

Drasnia's description of the Nationstates Experience

Learning English: It's Not Just for Non-Native Speakers
I have a fan club!
The Hivemind... isn't. Your mileage may vary.

User avatar
Ovisterra
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16017
Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:10 am

I get first non-mod post!

So.... ponies.
Last edited by Ovisterra on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 30742
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:11 am

Non-hotlinking ponies.

;)

Did I mention no hotlinks?

:p
Incorrigible Punsters
Kat, I am your father!
Why I Should Be One of the New Moderators

Kat: "What crime am I to be charged with?"
Sgt Toomey: "Being off the market and denying the many legions of Katganifans the chance to hope they will be the next to be putty in your Katganihands. Sorry. Just Hammasturbating."

Ahhhhh. look at all the Statesy people....
In the Beginning...
The Skeptic's Elite
Katganistan can!
My Little Nations

Drasnia's description of the Nationstates Experience

Learning English: It's Not Just for Non-Native Speakers
I have a fan club!
The Hivemind... isn't. Your mileage may vary.

User avatar
Ovisterra
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16017
Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:13 am

Katganistan wrote:Non-hotlinking ponies.

;)

Did I mention no hotlinks?

:p


I think so. I might be wrong though. :p
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 30742
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:26 am

Was in Walgreen's, and they had those little "surprise" packs -- buy a wee plastic pony without knowing who it is. So, I felt the pack; it had wings. I looked on the back -- there was a 25% chance for Dash, 25% for Fluttershy, and 50% chance for ponies I don't care about.

;) Turned out to be Dash.
Incorrigible Punsters
Kat, I am your father!
Why I Should Be One of the New Moderators

Kat: "What crime am I to be charged with?"
Sgt Toomey: "Being off the market and denying the many legions of Katganifans the chance to hope they will be the next to be putty in your Katganihands. Sorry. Just Hammasturbating."

Ahhhhh. look at all the Statesy people....
In the Beginning...
The Skeptic's Elite
Katganistan can!
My Little Nations

Drasnia's description of the Nationstates Experience

Learning English: It's Not Just for Non-Native Speakers
I have a fan club!
The Hivemind... isn't. Your mileage may vary.

User avatar
The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17727
Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:28 am

Aww man. Those anti-hotlinking people ruined everything! :(

User avatar
Ovisterra
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16017
Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:29 am

Katganistan wrote:Was in Walgreen's, and they had those little "surprise" packs -- buy a wee plastic pony without knowing who it is. So, I felt the pack; it had wings. I looked on the back -- there was a 25% chance for Dash, 25% for Fluttershy, and 50% chance for ponies I don't care about.

;) Turned out to be Dash.


Sweet. You're lucky to be able to get those. They don't sell 'em in Ireland.

Though I did stumble upon a set of 4 of the mane 6 in the exact same style as the blindbags, which I snapped up. I got another one from a friend who'd come across them in Spain. Now I only lack Fluttershy.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

User avatar
Lazssia
Senator
 
Posts: 4047
Founded: Apr 13, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Lazssia » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:36 am

This is the sixth time we have created a pony thread, and we have become exceedingly eficient at it.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 125857
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:37 am

RE: Hotlinking.
For those using Firefox and Photobucket, there's a Photobucket Uploader extension that allows one to(duh) upload pictures to one's Photobucket album from the right-click context menu. I've found it useful.



ALSO:
Kat, would it be kosher to hotlink images from websites like deviantArt or Tumblr or derpibooru or the like? Websites that are for images and don't object to hotlinking?
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Banter For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Snark That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Sarcasm.
What do we have that they should want?
We have a wall to work upon!
We have work and they have none
And our work is never done
My children, my children
And the war is never won
The enemy is poverty
And the wall keeps out the enemy
And we build the wall to keep us free
That's why we build the wall
We build the wall to keep us free
We build the wall to keep us free

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 30742
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:37 am

Why thank you, I try.
Incorrigible Punsters
Kat, I am your father!
Why I Should Be One of the New Moderators

Kat: "What crime am I to be charged with?"
Sgt Toomey: "Being off the market and denying the many legions of Katganifans the chance to hope they will be the next to be putty in your Katganihands. Sorry. Just Hammasturbating."

Ahhhhh. look at all the Statesy people....
In the Beginning...
The Skeptic's Elite
Katganistan can!
My Little Nations

Drasnia's description of the Nationstates Experience

Learning English: It's Not Just for Non-Native Speakers
I have a fan club!
The Hivemind... isn't. Your mileage may vary.

User avatar
The Sacred Foothills of The Holy One
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 363
Founded: Feb 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sacred Foothills of The Holy One » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:46 am

Oh, thank goodness! I was going into thread withdrawal! D:

Now for ponies!

User avatar
Retro Lyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5646
Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:20 am

I leave for a day and we get a new thread?
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

User avatar
Ovisterra
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16017
Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:23 am

Retro Lyra wrote:I leave for a day and we get a new thread?


There was an "incident" on the old thread.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

User avatar
Retro Lyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5646
Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:23 am

Ovisterra wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:I leave for a day and we get a new thread?


There was an "incident" on the old thread.


Do tell.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

User avatar
Ovisterra
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16017
Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:26 am

Retro Lyra wrote:
Ovisterra wrote:
There was an "incident" on the old thread.


Do tell.


Xis linked to something. The site had a "no hotlinking" shock image. Thread was closed down.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

User avatar
Retro Lyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5646
Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 am

Ovisterra wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:
Do tell.


Xis linked to something. The site had a "no hotlinking" shock image. Thread was closed down.


Is Derpibooru still safe to use? That is the only pony linking website I really use nowadays. And occasionaly Iamabrony. What if it's one of those websites we know won't object?
Last edited by Retro Lyra on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

User avatar
Ovisterra
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 16017
Founded: Jul 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ovisterra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:27 am

Retro Lyra wrote:
Ovisterra wrote:
Xis linked to something. The site had a "no hotlinking" shock image. Thread was closed down.


Is Derpibooru still safe to use? That is the only pony linking website I really use nowadays. And occasionaly Iamabrony. What if it's one of those websites we know won't object?


Ask the mods.
Removing the text from people's sigs doesn't make it any less true. I stand with Yalta.

User avatar
Retro Lyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5646
Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:29 am

Ovisterra wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:
Is Derpibooru still safe to use? That is the only pony linking website I really use nowadays. And occasionaly Iamabrony. What if it's one of those websites we know won't object?


Ask the mods.


I hope it's alright. If not, I don't think I'll be thread dumping anymore. :?
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

User avatar
Camelza
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12598
Founded: Mar 04, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Camelza » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:34 am

oh,a new thread,I was afraid we were locked permanently due to a hotlinged image or something.

User avatar
Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19117
Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:37 am

Yay new thread, all shiny and new.

User avatar
Retro Lyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5646
Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:37 am

Camelza wrote:oh,a new thread,I was afraid we were locked permanently due to a hotlinged image or something.


I didn't think that was going to happen, tbh. Sed seemed pretty forgiving of the whole fiasco.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

User avatar
Mad hatters in jeans
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19117
Founded: Nov 14, 2007
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Mad hatters in jeans » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:38 am

Retro Lyra wrote:
Camelza wrote:oh,a new thread,I was afraid we were locked permanently due to a hotlinged image or something.


I didn't think that was going to happen, tbh. Sed seemed pretty forgiving of the whole fiasco.

Xis accidentally. the thread.

User avatar
Retro Lyra
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5646
Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Retro Lyra » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:40 am

Picture this: a brown haired irish/german gal lays down in bed. It's eleven PM. At such an hour, her mind goes dirty. Perhaps it is instinct, seeing as its a small bed and the room is dim. So, of course, the fantasies pour in. She is thinking of her boyfirend, and enjoying it too, when she lets her mind off its leash a little further. What happens, you ask?

She suddenly gets images in her head about her and her boyfriend as ponies doing...eh, subsitute what you will.

Confound these ponies, making their way into my sexual fantasies.
Last edited by Retro Lyra on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
The IC name is Rlyra.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:
Retro Lyra wrote:So, does this mean that since I'm white and my boyfriend is spanish he's going to rob all my money from me, scream "Hasta la vista!", and drive off into the sunset in a stolen car? Good to know.

Any time now, Lyra. Any time. Watch your car keys.

And your weed stash.

And your bedroom door. Chances are, he'll rape you first, the Genocidal Bastard.

Equestrian States wrote:Retro Lyra is actually an all-female corporation of puppet-manufacturers.

User avatar
Camelza
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12598
Founded: Mar 04, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Camelza » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:41 am

Retro Lyra wrote:
Camelza wrote:oh,a new thread,I was afraid we were locked permanently due to a hotlinged image or something.


I didn't think that was going to happen, tbh. Sed seemed pretty forgiving of the whole fiasco.

Sedgy is cool.Damn,I leave for a while and shit,immediately,happens.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ameriganastan, Google Adsense [Bot], Heloin

Advertisement

Remove ads