NATION

PASSWORD

Dark Syde Phil Fan Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Dark Syde Phil Fan Thread

Postby North Wiedna » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:36 pm

n/a
Last edited by North Wiedna on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:08 am, edited 31 times in total.
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:31 am

Finally, this is a thread. I love you.

Not going to post my backpack right now, or pics of my loadout, but my main is Spy, and I use either S. Ambassador/Spycicle/Cloak and Dagger (most game modes) or S. Le'tranger (or however you spell it)/S. YER/Cloak/Familiar Fez (usually just on Payload). When I need to, I'll switch to my S. Dead Ringer.

I own every strange Spy item. I'm trying to collect every weapon/tool in every quality. The only ones I still need are the vintage Kunai, the genuine Sharp Dresser, the Big Kill, the Black Rose (haven't gotten around to that one yet), and the Enthusiast's Timepiece.
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Azrael
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Azrael » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:33 am

You'll have to friend me for the time being (I have the same name as I do here to keep it simple). I'm just about ready to head back home now, so I shouldn't be f2p for long. Also, my brother plays a lot on that account (he's pretty good and mature for his age).

Oh yeah, I'm commonly found on ksg's (my main group) Doublecross map while my brother is usually on skial's Egypt map.
Last edited by Azrael on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
If nothing exists, where did this anger come from?

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:35 am

Azrael wrote:You'll have to friend me for the time being (I have the same name as I do here to keep it simple). I'm just about ready to head back home now, so I shouldn't bef2p for long. Also, my brother plays a lot on that account (he's pretty good and mature for his age).

My brother, on the other hand, sucks. Although he really only plays Spy and Sniper (the two hardest classes if you ask me).
~~~~~~~~

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:09 pm

I love DSP so much
Last edited by North Wiedna on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:15 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:Finally, this is a thread. I love you.

Not going to post my backpack right now, or pics of my loadout, but my main is Spy, and I use either S. Ambassador/Spycicle/Cloak and Dagger (most game modes) or S. Le'tranger (or however you spell it)/S. YER/Cloak/Familiar Fez (usually just on Payload). When I need to, I'll switch to my S. Dead Ringer.

I own every strange Spy item. I'm trying to collect every weapon/tool in every quality. The only ones I still need are the vintage Kunai, the genuine Sharp Dresser, the Big Kill, the Black Rose (haven't gotten around to that one yet), and the Enthusiast's Timepiece.

pretty good. I'm actually using a Big Earner/Enforcer/Invis Watch set, of course wearing the Fez so people assume it's the Saharan Spy set.

I used to use YER/L'etranger/Dead ringer without the fez and it was horrible. I'm not as good at spy anymore, though. I used to be proficient.

I could never collect all those items. I've actually just heard of the Black Rose today...

It's not easy, nor is it cheap. I think I spent $60 just for the S.F. Knife and the S. Sapper. And the Big Kill goes for 13 or 14 keys... :blink:
~~~~~~~~

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:pretty good. I'm actually using a Big Earner/Enforcer/Invis Watch set, of course wearing the Fez so people assume it's the Saharan Spy set.

I used to use YER/L'etranger/Dead ringer without the fez and it was horrible. I'm not as good at spy anymore, though. I used to be proficient.

I could never collect all those items. I've actually just heard of the Black Rose today...

It's not easy, nor is it cheap. I think I spent $60 just for the S.F. Knife and the S. Sapper. And the Big Kill goes for 13 or 14 keys... :blink:

oh man that's trelyate
Last edited by North Wiedna on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:24 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:It's not easy, nor is it cheap. I think I spent $60 just for the S.F. Knife and the S. Sapper. And the Big Kill goes for 13 or 14 keys... :blink:

oh man that's a lot

Yeah. But, beyond the Big Kill, the rest of my list is pretty cheap (tops out at seven keys), so....
~~~~~~~~

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 03, 2010
Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:53 pm

<3 Pyro up in this joint.
I personally love Pyrovision.
It's so relaxing and a nice break from the ordinary landscape. :3
Here's my Pyro's gear
He's the only character I use. ^^
Triclops hat was beyond annoying to get, though. D:

Oh, and here's my profile on steam.

Economic Left/Right: -0.63 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.97
Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:<3 Pyro up in this joint.
Here's my Pyro's gear

Funny enough I couldn't get a bombinomicon because there was a massive snowstorm on the 30th and I didn't have any internet.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Here's my Pyro's gear

I hate Pyrovision, unless I'm Pyro. The colors and stuff mess me up, especially when I'm sniping.
~~~~~~~~

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:05 pm

North Wiedna wrote:
Here's my Pyro's gear

Funny enough I couldn't get a bombinomicon because there was a massive snowstorm on the 30th and I didn't have any internet.

>: Aww, sorry to hear that.
That would really suck. e-e
Wisconsin9 wrote:
Here's my Pyro's gear

I hate Pyrovision, unless I'm Pyro. The colors and stuff mess me up, especially when I'm sniping.

>: I can't use it as Pyro with my new hat.
<: How does it mess you up, though?

Other Compass
The Holy Therns wrote:Your thought pattern is so bizarre I can't even be offended anymore.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:
North Wiedna wrote:Funny enough I couldn't get a bombinomicon because there was a massive snowstorm on the 30th and I didn't have any internet.

>: Aww, sorry to hear that.
Wisconsin9 wrote:I hate Pyrovision, unless I'm Pyro. The colors and stuff mess me up, especially when I'm sniping.

I've got a Balloonicorn I can sell you if you want.
I'm not really sure. It's the little white frame that's always moving around, and the weird colors you don't expect to see. It kind of throws me off.
~~~~~~~~

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:>: Aww, sorry to hear that.

I've got a Balloonicorn I can sell you if you want.
I'm not really sure. It's the little white frame that's always moving around, and the weird colors you don't expect to see. It kind of throws me off.

I would totally love to buy it, but I'm just about positive I've got nothing you would want. >:
I honestly rarely notice the white frame. ^^; Tunnel vision, I guess.
I see how it would do that, though. c:
Last edited by Umbra Ac Silentium on Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Other Compass

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:I've got a Balloonicorn I can sell you if you want.

I would totally love to buy it, but I'm just about positive I've got nothing you would want. >:

Unfortunately you are correct.
And I don't really notice it either, I think it's just one of those things that kind of works its way into the corner of your eye.
~~~~~~~~

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:12 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:I would totally love to buy it, but I'm just about positive I've got nothing you would want. >:

Unfortunately you are correct.
And I don't really notice it either, I think it's just one of those things that kind of works its way into the corner of your eye.

c: Eh, maybe someday I'll get it as a drop or find something you'd want.
^^ Ah, perhaps that might be true. I don't notice much out of the corner of my eye.
Chalk one up for unawareness.

Other Compass

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:14 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:Unfortunately you are correct.

c: Eh, maybe someday I'll get it as a drop or find something you'd want.
^^ Ah, perhaps that might be true. I don't notice much out of the corner of my eye.

Good luck to you.
And it's a much bigger thing when you're a Sniper. You need to notice everything. Another Sniper poking his head out from behind a corner, a medigun to see if it's doing the crackling thing when an Uber's ready, listening so you can know if a Spy has decloaked right behind you....
~~~~~~~~

Umbra Ac Silentium
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Umbra Ac Silentium » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:15 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Umbra Ac Silentium wrote:c: Eh, maybe someday I'll get it as a drop or find something you'd want.

Good luck to you.
And it's a much bigger thing when you're a Sniper. You need to notice everything. Another Sniper poking his head out from behind a corner, a medigun to see if it's doing the crackling thing when an Uber's ready, listening so you can know if a Spy has decloaked right behind you....

Many thanks. ^^
x3 Yeah, sounds very difficult.
c: If you're good at sniper, congratulations.

Other Compass

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:16 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:Good luck to you.

Many thanks. ^^
x3 Yeah, sounds very difficult.
c: If you're good at sniper, congratulations.

Thank you. My best two classes, if I say so myself, are Spy and Sniper, in that order.
~~~~~~~~

Knoxcrest
Senator

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:14 pm

Did somebody say TF2 thread? *slides on gloves*

Ze doctor is in.

Right now I'm pretty much just using the basic Medic loadout with the Pyrovision goggles, sometimes. Oh, and I mostly play as the Medic.

I used to have many more items, but I forgot my damn Steam password after not playing for a very long time :(

I'm now playing on a friend's account, because he doesn't play. Ever. How sad :p

Though I need to change the username soon, I hate it.
Last edited by Knoxcrest on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PROCLAIMED THE FARM GOD OF NS
Ende, in a TG: "Your NSG voice is the Medic from TF2? You are an awesome person, Farm God."
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Didn't play Knox yet, but I know he will beat me.

He is inside the game. He is the game.
-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Condunum wrote:it's you Knox. No one knows what the hell is going on in that head of yours.
Farm God of NS
The Most Reliable and by far the Most Insane lifeguard on Carthage Beach!

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Just got it last night. Not played anything but the practices.

At the moment, I prefer Demoman and Heavy, though I cycle through the them depending on what I think is appropriate for the situation.
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Knoxcrest
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:23 pm

WE MUST ORGANIZE GAME AND LAUGH AT ALL THE LITTLE LITTLE MEN WHO CANNOT STAND OUR POWAH.

Or we could organize a game and suck. And I can't friend anyone due to me being a F2P n00b, so that may complicate things in the future. :p
Last edited by Knoxcrest on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ende, in a TG: "Your NSG voice is the Medic from TF2? You are an awesome person, Farm God."

-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Condunum wrote:it's you Knox. No one knows what the hell is going on in that head of yours.
Farm God of NS

Nationstatelandsville
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nationstatelandsville » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Knoxcrest wrote:WE MUST ORGANIZE GAME AND LAUGH AT ALL THE LITTLE LITTLE MEN WHO CANNOT STAND OUR POWAH.

Or we could organize a game and suck. And I can't friend anyone due to me being a F2P n00b, so that may complicate things in the future. :p

I can't friend anyone either.

We can form a "Can't Friend Anyone" backwater friending system, circumventing and crushing Valve's oppressive friend system and conquering the world somehow.

I'm still thinking it through. :p
"Then I was fertilized and grew wise;
From a word to a word I was led to a word,
From a work to a work I was led to a work."
- Odin, Hávamál 138-141, the Poetic Edda, as translated by Dan McCoy.

I enjoy meta-humor and self-deprecation. Annoying, right?

Goodbye.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:Just got it last night. Not played anything but the practices.

At the moment, I prefer Demoman and Heavy, though I cycle through the them depending on what I think is appropriate for the situation.

Always a good plan. If my team has four spies, and no medics, I will always go medic even though I don't like it. No team needs more than three of a given class, unless you're defending and have an excellent turtling point, in which case 6 engis and 6 pyros couldn't fail.
~~~~~~~~

Knoxcrest
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Knoxcrest wrote:WE MUST ORGANIZE GAME AND LAUGH AT ALL THE LITTLE LITTLE MEN WHO CANNOT STAND OUR POWAH.

I can't friend anyone either.

We can form a "Can't Friend Anyone" backwater friending system, circumventing and crushing Valve's oppressive friend system and conquering the world somehow.

I'm still thinking it through. :p

That could work :p

Steam has a damn stupid way of making sure people don't spam and all that crap though.

"GO BUY OUR SHIT OR YOU CAN'T HAVE FRIENDS!"

I think other people can still friend a F2P player though.
Last edited by Knoxcrest on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Farm God of NS

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction