NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Nautical Pilotage Act"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Murl
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 19, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Murl » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:36 am

Recognising that adequate safeguards must be in place to assist vessels in international waters, and that the previous resolution did not provide these safeguards, we vote for this resolution. Provided the pilotage of nations' own waters continues to be maintained and this is not affected by the repeal of the initial resolution, we have no concerns regarding its imposition. As it is assumed that nations do (or at least should) have control over their own coastlines, we believe this resolution will vastly improve maritime safety by encouraging responsibility in pilotage in international waters.

Therefore, it is our belief that repealing the initial resolution is a step forward for improving nautical safety, but it is also important for potentially opening the door to greater international cooperation on such issues. It is our belief that greater collective responsibility must be taken in ensuring the safety of vessels and their mariners and passengers, and so we hope that this step forward will be followed by the future establishment of more safeguards and possibly even a centralised organisation to police and regulate international waters while maintaining their territorial neutrality.

The Collective Council of Murl

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:14 am

"The WA Embassy of the Quendi Nation, upon careful consideration, votes in favor of the Repeal act. We largely concur with the many colleagues who have already voiced concern regarding the Nautical Pilotage Act." Lady Malréd, the Quendi SMFAWA and WA ambassador declared.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Akeppe
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Akeppe » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 pm

After much consideration, I will be voting for this proposal on behalf of the Principality of Akeppe.
-James Silke, WA Ambassador for Akeppe

Syrkania
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Syrkania » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:34 am

Being an island chain, surrounded by international waters, Syrkania has special interest in maintaining safe passage through the seas. As such, I vote FOR this proposed resolution.

Harim Kelsis,
WA Special Envoy for Syrkania

OOC: Is Unibot going to turn up to defend his resolution? I'm aware Moronist Decisions is away from the game for RL reasons, but this is looking like potentially the first repeal where neither the repeal author nor author of the original are active in the debate thread during the voting period.
Wandering around here since 13 January 2004

Moronist Decisions
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Moronist Decisions » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:10 am

The Lion in Council has asked me to express our heartfelt thanks to everyone who supported this resolution.
Note: Unless specifically specified, my comments shall be taken as those purely of Moronist Decisions and do not represent the views of the Republic/Region of Europeia.

Member of Europeia
Ideological Bulwark #255
IntSane: International Sanity for All

Author of GAR#194, GAR#198 and GAR#203.

Free South Califas
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Free South Califas » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:15 am

A federal plebiscite subjected the previous GA delegation of the Ninth Federal Assembly to instant recall. Additionally, they are being investigated for shady dealings with the Unibot delegation. After a regional-law investigation, arrest warrants have also been issued for Unibotian delegates, who have been found to flagrantly violate the laws of Ten Thousand Islands with their underhanded electioneering. The upcoming World Cup qualifying match against Unibot here at Torero Stadium may present an opportunity to make those arrests and begin the trial process, so we can determine who was responsible for these acts.

The new GA delegation voted for this worthy repeal act, after confirming the will of the people with another plebiscite.
FSC Government
Senate: Saul Califas; First Deputy Leader of the Opposition
Senior Whip, Communist Party (Meiderup)

WA: Califan WA Detachment (CWAD).
Justice
On Autism/"R-word"
(Lir. apologized, so ignore that part.)
Anarchy Works/Open Borders
Flag
I'm autistic and (proud, but) thus not a "social detective", so be warned: I might misread or accidentally offend you.
'Obvious' implications, tones, cues etc. may also be missed.
SELF MANAGEMENT ✯ DIRECT ACTION ✯ WORKER SOLIDARITY
Libertarian Communist

COMINTERN/Stonewall/TRC

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives