NATION

PASSWORD

Rhodesian Civil War & 2nd Civil War

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Sokolovka
Envoy

Founded: Feb 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Rhodesian Civil War & 2nd Civil War

Postby Sokolovka » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:00 pm

COMBINING TWO PREVIOUS THREADS

CONNECTIONS:
Rhodesians supported Sokolovka - might help the rebels now though
Sokolovka supports Rhodesians against terrorists
------------------------------------------------------------

I love the smell of napalm in the morning...

http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Sokolovka
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=105520

NewtGingrich
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NewtGingrich » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:09 pm

The Commander of the NewtGingrich Armed Forces stepped into the room of the Battleship, Virginia. Three men were in the room before him, Sen-Admiral. Jeb Stuart, Gen. James LongStreet, and Gen. John Hood.

"Gentleman, we have ourselves a bit of a pickled situation. The Leader of the Communist arms is a nasty war criminal. He's used Nuclear power against his own people. He's the type of ruffian that the United States normally 'involves' itself in eliminating. However with pressure 'building' in the middle east other nations have taken it upon themselves to take the lead of this one. We have no choice to go ahead with our plans of evading the Southmost part of this nation, set up strong holds, and wait for our long trusted allies to arrive. The Confederacy of Colonial has Promised us a few thousand men to aid our attacks by the end of the day, and The Holy Empire of HolyCrusader has sent word to our Congress that they wish to aid us as well, by any means necessary."

The four men in the room all agreed that something had to be done. The only disagreement was from Gen. LongStreet, who declared that "we out to show those Commies a piece of their own action, Nuke the bastards". This was excepted by all in the room other than the Commander & Chief. Gen. StoneWall.

"Come on James". Said the Commander. "You know as well as I do that once everyone starts throwing around Nukes the world is going to all but get trigger happy. Now you all have four hours to have a supreme plan of attack for me, the southbound end of the nation. Thats all Gentleman."

NewtGingrich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby NewtGingrich » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:10 pm

Sokolovka wrote:COMBINING TWO PREVIOUS THREADS

CONNECTIONS:
Rhodesians supported Sokolovka - might help the rebels now though
Sokolovka supports Rhodesians against terrorists

Oc

Good job. It should make it a lot easier to keep up with the two combined. A+ :) lol

Yutsk
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yutsk » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:15 pm

Konstantin Kornilov was the third highest ranking officer at the Sokolovkan Embassy in Rhodesia and as such had been informed of the new threat: Royalists. He was, of course, above suspicion, but then again, his superiors didn't know that his real great grandparents had been nobility, giving his grandfather to a servant to keep safe through the revolution. He had been told his true heritage when he turned 16 and he had joined the Imperial Society at 18.

They were bound by oath to secrecy and worked together for Dieu Le Roi. Konstantin himself knew 2 other members at the embassy alone, one lieutenant and an embassy technician. He, in his capacity as third in command, had been party to all secrets that the units in Rhodesia knew. He had even been able to get the ambassador's missile code, thanks to lax security and laziness, scribbling it down on a scrap of paper for future reference.

Antrema
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Antrema » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Other Antremian Forces deployed to Rhodesia

Expeditionary Air Group Royal Antremian Air Force

1 Exped Air Wing RAF
1 Tact Fighter Sqn RAF - F-35
3 Air Def Sqn RAF - Tornado F.3
5 Stealth Sqn RAF - F-117
6 Fighter-Bomber Sqn RAF - Harrier GR.9A
8 Bomber Sqn RAF - Vulcan B.2
23 AWACS Sqn RAF - Nimrod AWACS.4 - based on the MRA.4
24 Helo Sqn RAF - Lynx AEW.3
2 Exped Air Wing RAF
12 Helo Sqn RAF - Merlin EH-101
13 Helo Sqn RAF - Chinook CH-47 GR.3
14 Helo Sqn RAF - Apache AH-64
16 Helo Sqn RAF - Sea King HC.4 SAR
18 Tact Transport Sqn RAF - C-130
20 Tanker Sqn RAF - Vickers VC.10

Group Elements
1 EOD Unit RAF
3 Field Comms Unit RAF
3 Y Sqn RAF - SIGINT and Electronic warfare
600 Tact Air Control Party
2 Armd Sqn RAF Regt - FV-101 IFVT
3 Cmdo Sqn RAF Regt
5 AA Sqn RAF Regt - Rapier SAM
6 NBC Sqn RAF Regt - Fuchspanzer APCW6
7 SRS RAF Regt - SF
11 Ordnance Unit RAF
53 Eng Unit RAF - repairs and workshops
1 Catering Unit RAF
2 Supply Unit RAF
34 Medic Sqn RAF
7 Crash Unit RAF - firefighters
90 Security Sqn RAF Police
2 Detective Sqn SIB RAF Police
4 Special Patrols Sqn RAF Police - SF drawn from Tact Prov Wing
5 Provost Support Sqn RAF Police

Royal Antremian Navy

1 Air Wing RN FAA
801 NAS RN FAA - Sea Harrier FA.2
816 NAS RN FAA - Lynx HAS.3 GM, ASW and ATGM with Gulf modifications
845 NAS RN FAA - Sea King HC.4
5 Clearance Diving Unit RN - mine disposal and deep diving

HM Antremian Police Force

COIN Unit, Special Branch, Metropolitan Police Service CID
Special Investigations Unit, Special Branch, Metropolitan Police Service CID
VO4, Department of Special Ops, Greater Morgun Constabulary - snipers
VO8, Department of Special Ops, Greater Morgun Constabulary - SWAT
E4A, Special Branch, Royal Northern Isle Constabulary CID - Infiltration and Informant handling

NewtGingrich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby NewtGingrich » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:21 pm

Rhodesia Unafraid
Attaché

Founded: Mar 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia Unafraid » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:21 pm

The military man looked at the fortress that the Sokolovkans had prepared. Well this was getting interesting. However CIO was handling this one, he wasnt going to step on their toes. He watched as Phillip Evans strolled up.
"well we royally cocked this one up eh?" he said.
The army man said nothing.
"well we have these bastards under control, we have sent them our demands. We want them out. we will repatriate the buggers, if they give us the launch codes."
the army man laughed."it wont work".
"I know that, hence why I came to see you. Officially this is a CIO operation but it seems like this will turn into a siege. I talked to the police commisioner, he is sending some BSAP troops, I want you to pull in your special forces. The terrs are the responsibility of the army."
"I already told the SAS to turn up."
"I knew you would".
The military man watched the head of the CIO walk away.
In the distance he could see BSAP troopers digging in around the embassy.
Captain Lovat ordered his veterans to dig in. Yet another bloody war.

DEEP IN THE JUNGLE

Joseph Obote reached Robert Gdwani.
"How bad was it", he was asked.
"the planes only hit a couple of trucks, we escaped alright".
"Good Joseph, I see you have many more recruits for me".
"yep"
"well all that international money was good for two things, buying over more men, cleaners, cooks, you know the sort. We can offere them a better wage. Also we have bought more rifles. Mostly SKS's but we have got our selves some machine guns like RPK's and some AKM's. Seems like we are in business."
The attacks had worked out brilliantly. The poorly equipped police had been suprised at the severity of the attacks that had rocked the country. His United ZANUPDF had the upper hand. He hoped his men would have more sucesses over the Rhodesian Security services and the army. The piss poor policemen seemed like minnows compared to the full might of Rhodesian fighting strength.
Still he had got hold of some newer radios. He was now in better contact with his spread out forces.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his" - G. Patton

NewtGingrich
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby NewtGingrich » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:27 pm

After clearing two villages, the citizens were scared. Not of the NG forces though, no not at all. It was their own Tyron leader that they feared. They were afraid of more bombs destroying homes and family. The Army Rangers sent word to headquarters,
"Gen. StoneWall. The citizens are fully in accordance with us. They have requested that we retrain the Rebel forces and supply them with Guns and Ammo. They want to defeat the leader themselves. But are thankful for the help."

Rebel Forces are being trained, and an 'uprise' is in affect. If we can get enough of these men to stand up for themselves than we can stand back and let them take over for themselves.

Rhodesia Unafraid
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia Unafraid » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:38 pm

(((OOC: Just to clarify, the rebels are the Sokolovkan insurrection,

Terr's are Rhodesian insurrection)))))))
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his" - G. Patton

Antrema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antrema » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Rhodesia Unafraid wrote:The military man looked at the fortress that the Sokolovkans had prepared. Well this was getting interesting. However CIO was handling this one, he wasnt going to step on their toes. He watched as Phillip Evans strolled up.
"well we royally cocked this one up eh?" he said.
The army man said nothing.
"well we have these bastards under control, we have sent them our demands. We want them out. we will repatriate the buggers, if they give us the launch codes."
the army man laughed."it wont work".
"I know that, hence why I came to see you. Officially this is a CIO operation but it seems like this will turn into a siege. I talked to the police commisioner, he is sending some BSAP troops, I want you to pull in your special forces. The terrs are the responsibility of the army."
"I already told the SAS to turn up."
"I knew you would".
The military man watched the head of the CIO walk away.
In the distance he could see BSAP troopers digging in around the embassy.
Captain Lovat ordered his veterans to dig in. Yet another bloody war.

DEEP IN THE JUNGLE

Joseph Obote reached Robert Gdwani.
"How bad was it", he was asked.
"the planes only hit a couple of trucks, we escaped alright".
"Good Joseph, I see you have many more recruits for me".
"yep"
"well all that international money was good for two things, buying over more men, cleaners, cooks, you know the sort. We can offere them a better wage. Also we have bought more rifles. Mostly SKS's but we have got our selves some machine guns like RPK's and some AKM's. Seems like we are in business."
The attacks had worked out brilliantly. The poorly equipped police had been suprised at the severity of the attacks that had rocked the country. His United ZANUPDF had the upper hand. He hoped his men would have more sucesses over the Rhodesian Security services and the army. The piss poor policemen seemed like minnows compared to the full might of Rhodesian fighting strength.
Still he had got hold of some newer radios. He was now in better contact with his spread out forces.

In Rhodesia, outer perimeter of Soviet fortress
Sixteen well-armed and armoured men arrived at the Rhodesian Security Forces CP, a seventeenth man in DPM followed suit.
A Rhodesian sentry stepped forward.
'Are you lot with C Squadron?'
'No. Antremian Increment.' Was the reply of the man in DPM. Colonel Frank Bradshaw CO Antremian SAS. A former Marine Commando who passed Selection as a Captain. He was now in command of the deadliest regiment, in the most dangerous branch of the best army in the world.
A man in a suit turns around.' Ah I knew the Pilgrims were coming, I did not realise these Pilgrims are Antremish.'
'The Colonel responds, 'Well Philip Evans, the Increment has been briefed about these fortified bastards and are not going to sit this one out.'
'I would love to stay and play the natural voyeur at a foxhunt, but sadly I have other business to attend to. Toodle pip!' And with that the spook was gone.
'Boss what do we do?'
'Get a map of the enemy fortress, wait for our Rhodie cousins to show up and make an Instant Action Plan.'

In Sokolovka, farm outside Parthen
'General, my codename is Alchemy Six. The Antremian's are sending aid to the rebels and their cause. There are other countries coming to your aid.'
'Do you think you can stop them?' Was Zhukov's response.
'Absolutely. We have documented and recorded atrocities being carried out by the Soviets and we are going to publish them. Right now most of the people in this country think you are dead. But I reckon we can prove them wrong!'
'You smuggled the pictures out, didn't you.'
'Da, but I uplinked them via the internet on a heavily encrypted net. It will take ten years before they can crack it open and by that time the codes would've been changed a long time ago.'

Sokolovka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sokolovka » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 pm

RHODESIA

In the embassy itself, the men were put on full alert, the number of sentries being doubled and the compound closed off. Snipers and machine gunners were placed atop the barracks and on the third and highest floor mansion, giving them a decent view over the wall and into the street where the Rhodesians were digging in. Neither those men, or the sentries at the wall opened fire, in the hopes that a diplomatic situation could be reached.

-----

INVENTORY OF THE USSS ARMED FORCES:

Aircraft:

160 Tupolev Tu-95
15 Tupolev Tu-160
30 Myasishchev M-4

30 Tupolev Tu-22M
80 Tupolev Tu-16
120 Tupolev Tu-22

90 Su-27 Flanker
60 MiG-15
400 MiG-17
100 MiG-21
540 MiG-29
700 MiG-23
185 MiG-21
200 MiG-31
40 MiG-25

630 Su-24
535 Su-17
130 Su-7
500 MiG-27
340 Su-25
84 tankers
34 Ilyushin Il-76
30 Myasishchev M-4 'Molot'
20 Tupolev Tu-16
40 AWACS
40 Beriev A-50
1,015 Reconnaissance and ECM aircraft
50 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-21 Fishbed
170 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat
190 Sukhoi Su-7R
235 Sukhoi Su-24 Fencer
200 Yakovlev Yak-28 Brewer
130 Tu-16 Badger
30 Tu-22M Backfire
10 Il-20 Coot

45 Antonov An-124 'Ruslan' Condor
55 Antonov An-22 'Antey' Cock
210 Antonov An-12 Cub
310 Ilyushin Il-76 Candid

4,935 civilian and other transport aircraft which are easily converted

13,000 Assorted decommissioned aircraft still in military storage and servicable

Soviet Army

700,000 Tanks. Including 4,000 T-80, 10,000 T-72, 9,700 T-64, 11,300 T-62, 19,000 T-54/55, and 1,000 PT-76
110,000 Armored Personnel Carriers. Including BTR-80, BTR-70, BTR-60, BTR-D, BTR-50, BTR-152, and MT-LB
44,000 Infantry Fighting Vehicles. Including BMP-1, BMP-2, BMP-3, BMD-1, BMD-2, and BMD-3
8,500 BRDM-2 and BRDM-1 reconnaissance vehicles.
56,000 Towed Artillery Pieces. Including 4,379 D-30, 1,175 M-46, 1,700 D-20, 598 2A65, 1,007 2A36, 857 D-1, 1,693 ML-20, 1,200 M-30, 478 B-4 Howitzers and D-74, D-48, D-44, T-12, and BS-3 Field/Anti-Tank Guns
10,000 Self-Propelled Howitzers. Including 2,751 2S1, 2,325 2S3, 507 2S5, 347 2S7, 430 2S4, 20 2S19, 108 SpGH DANA, ASU-85, and 2S9
24,000 Rocket Artillery. Including BM-21, 818 BM-27, 123 BM-30, 18 BM-24, TOS-1, BM-25, and BM-14 Multiple Rocket Launchers
SS-1 Scud, SS-21, SS-23, and FROG-7 Tactical Ballistic Missiles
3,350 SA-4, 850 SA-6, 950 SA-8, 430 SA-9, 300 SA-11, 70 SA-12, 860 SA-13, 20 SA-15, 130 SA-19, ZSU-23-4, and ZSU-57-2 Army Air Defense Vehicles
102,000 Towed Anti-Aircraft Guns. Including ZU-23-2, ZPU-1/2/4, S-60, 72-K, 61-K, 52-K, and KS-19
21,300 Helicopters. Including 1,420 Mi-24, 600 Mi-2, 1,620 Mi-8, 290 Mi-17, 450 Mi-6, and 50 Mi-26

((OOC: Will do navy and missiles etc later))

Total active service personnel: 59,425,000
Reservists: 415,975,000
Last edited by Sokolovka on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZANUPDF
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby ZANUPDF » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:02 pm

They attacked the township of Mobutuwa at dawn. The police put up little resistance. Joseph Obote, in command of this large rebel force smiled. The township held a key hill within that area. Gdwani planned to hold out as long as possible here and so had given Obote as many men as he wanted. Nearing 5,000 men, equipped with .303's, SKS's, AKM's, RPK's and a precious few DSHKs HMGs. There was no heavy artillery and only one antiquadated mortar. Joseph suspected that they were just bait in a larger plan of Gdwani's.
Nevertheless he ordered his men to dig in, They had only a few hours at most to prepare. His men would die here.

Gdwani nodded as the radio message came through confirming the capture of the township.

Antrema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antrema » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:05 pm

On the tarmac of RhAF Salisbury, Rhodesia
'EARS.'
'OPEN!'
'Eyeballs.'
'CLICK!'
Colonel Stuart, NGMC barks orders to his NewtGingrich Marines. 'We got reinforcements coming in, I want the RCT to hump out of here lickety split ricky tick!' He chomps on his cigar.
'Weapons and ammo are priority one, grenades and band aids priority two, water and meat priority three, everything else can get fucked! And that is your basic field TOE over here. Unlike the rest of the Corps living it up north in a Soviet winter wet dream, we get heat and no sun cream. The rebels up north are the good guys, but the skinnies or what the Rhodesians call Terrs are bad guy rebels who need lead therapy. They are downloading Warsaw Pact hardware, but fuck knows from where but their leader this Robert Gdwani, some sicko pinko lecturer seems to have fingers in the right places. Although I doubt those places consist of poontang!'
The Marines laugh out loud. The Colonel waits and then carries on.
'Our war is to help protect villagers and save refugees and above all else kill the terrs. IS THAT CLEAR?'
'SIR YES SIR!'
'Now you warriors listen up now! They don't call it the dark continent for notun! Just watch your backs out there and do some good, and the more tangos we nail the more likely we get to go home. Keep you rifles clean and look out for your fella marine! Carry on.'
'ORAH!'

McNernia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Tag

Postby McNernia » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:07 pm

Tag
Polaria
Erin Islands
Kaisong Islands
Al-Azkar
Rhodana
Eragh
Arisal
Kirav
Neu Engollon
New Edom: Clyde Hullar Ambassador
Aurora
Children of Aurora
A Luta Continua
Aneas
Tyrennia
Golgoth
Pardes
Cornellian Empire
Rostil
Sondria
Ajax
Astyria

Greater Dienstad
Minyang
Endorser of the Amistad Declaration
SIgnatory of the Amistad Declaration
IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY RPing, TG ME PLEASE, THANKS A BUNCH.
A Time of Trouble
All my posts shall be dedicated to Tom Clancy. May he Rest In Peace.
I Consider the above to be Canon. Which means I want to RP with you if you've been in those regions. Or Are.

Call me Archinia ICly and well maybe Mcnernia is plausible....I don't know.

Lore change?

Rhodesia Unafraid
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia Unafraid » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Admiral Hotchkiss was only an Admiral by name. Rhodesia had not cared for a navy. It had relied on their airforce for defence. His appointment as head of the navy meant he had control of nearly 2,500 marine guards, 26 antiquadated PT boats, 7 armoured launches. 4 Gunboats, 4 destroyers and an aged cruiser called HMRS Price of Wales. He had taken the museum piece the HMRS Repulse. An anchient battlecruiser. He had named his new fleet, Force Z, he had grouped the PT boats, launces and the gunboats in the Force X.The marines were defending the few beaches on Rhodesias rocky cliffs. They were a defensive force. Force Z was sailing SSW when an ensign gave the shout "ship ho".
The Admiral shrank back when he saw the Sokolovkan task force. "full steam ahead" he cried

Back in Rhodesia.
The Kings own African rifles had surrounded the township. Men of the Rhodesian Light infantry was moving up to support them but where a few hours away.
"Those pansy's. What a crap defence...."
"Sir"
"Wait for those trigger happy Light Infantry Men, trust those reservists, God do I love them, Then attack."
Last edited by Rhodesia Unafraid on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antrema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antrema » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Antremian Army units earmarked for deployment against Sokolovkan forces:
21st Army Group

1 Army Field Corps minus 2nd Inf Div
1st Inf Div
3rd Inf Div
4th Mech Div

Antremian Expeditionary Army (3rd Field Army)
4 Army Field Corps
5 Army Field Corps
10 Army Field Corps
30 Army Field Corps

Antremian Commonwealth Army (6th Field Army)
20 (V) Army Field Corps
2 Tuptran Army Field Corps
South Antremian Imperial Corps
North Arctorean Corps

Antremian Imperial Army (8th Field Army)
Kyanga Frontier Corps
Tengpore Corps
Lumong Corps
Saribung Corps
Last edited by Antrema on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sokolovka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sokolovka » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:28 pm

SOKOLOVKA WAR CABINET

Illyich Zaytsev was busy arranging military operations for the coming week. "Okay, its time we call up the reservists. And lets see how well the rebels do when they don't have any civilian support. Reservist forces are to garrison and defend their towns to the death. Any rebels or saboteurs are to be shot on sight."

"Sir, what about Antrema?"

"I want five infantry and two armoured divisions to sweep across the north. Any foreigners are to be rounded up and placed in temporary camps, if they try to resist, shoot them. Any rebels are to be executed. No resistance is to be tolerated."

"And Rhodesia?"

"They need to be flattened. Destroy their Navy and land the marines. Establish a beachhead and move inland, work your way to the capital and relive that bloody embassy!"

"YES SIR!"

-----

In the bridge of the aircraft-carrier Yurlingrad, the Rhodesians had been sighted. "Orders, sir?"

"Fire a warning shot." One of the fleet's battleships fired one shot of its main gun and struck the sea a good distance from the Rhodesian taskforce, the explosion and splash larger than the Rhodesian flagship.

"They're still advancing..."

"Another warning shot."

"Sir, orders just in from Command. We are to destroy the Rhodesian Navy and land the marines."

"Very well, wipe them out." At once four of the fleet's 12 battleships fired all their guns in a rarely used full broadside. Each side was blown backwards and nearly capsized. The effect was massive and devastating. The Rhodesian ships were blown apart, every one of the large ships being holed and instantly sinking. A handful of the PT boats survived the onslaught, but two MiGs from the carriers soon stopped them.

Two destroyers were dispatched to the wreckage to retrieve any survivors, whilst Marine Task-force Two began advancing towards the coast. 23,000 Marines and 1,000 BMP-2s began the landings...

Antrema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antrema » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:29 pm

Attention Mcnernian Forces what are you forces orbat for Rhodesia and what orbat do you have for Sokolovka?

Rhodesia Unafraid
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia Unafraid » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:43 pm

The 2,500 marine guard met the onslaught. They had rushed to this sector as the annihilation of the feet had bought them precious seconds. They had no heavy weapons. They knew that no was a time when they could write themselves into the history books, make traditions, forge legends. But legends only exist if there are survivors to tell them. The Rhodesians all died and with them the spirit of the Marine Guards. They had fought bravely but a BMP vs a courageous man with a G3 was not going to end well. When they were out flanked the position became disastrous. When the Soviets had counted the dead they had lost many men too. They pushed on inland.

Back at the embassy.
The siege was reaching its closing stages. Initially the men of the BSAP unit had taken casualties, however with the arrival of the SAS and the assistance of the Antremish special forces, however few this was quickly reversed. Snipers blasted at anything that moved, often stopping it from moving ever again. The map of the compound showed that any attack would be disasterous as there was only one ladder down to the command centre. Initially the Antremish lads had wanted to go for it but were restarined by Major Lovat, who was promoted following his superiors death during the seige. However this sniper fire kept up for many days, and at night too. Food stocks for the Sokolovkans were reaching a low,

GHQ Salisbury.

"Jesus, tell the bastards to get to the beaches."
"Send the bastards back where they came"
"hush", the military man said, "Tell the Rhodesian Light Infantry (RLI) to stop this invasion, the armoured regiment is on track to support them, those BMPs will be no match for out guns. The African rifles will take the township on thier own.
Get the RSAF briefed and ready to fly, hit those bastards with everything, knock them for six. Oh and get those sunburn missiles we have, smack the fleet, it wont do that much damage but it might persuade them to get out of distance so they can't use their aircraft."
"should we inform the navy sir?"
"What navy....."
Last edited by Rhodesia Unafraid on Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Antrema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antrema » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:57 pm

Farm near Parthen, Sokolovka
'ALCHEMY!'
'What is it Ocelot?'
'We have not had contact with Oxide Black 5 for some time.'
'Radio cock up?'
'No! I have tried three times and nothing has happened.'
'Get the Director online right away!'
Life 4 then approaches, this is the third sitrep on Zhukov's weakening condition. 'Alchemy, a word?'
'He has been affected by the radiation, but the major problem is the shock trauma, and the gunshot wounds.'
'And?'
'They are much worse than we imagined. He is bleeding to death, internally and externally. I have removed most of the fragments but his condition is becoming critical.'
Life 4 was always frank when it came to mortal wounding. Anatoly enters the conversation.
'What is going on?'
'I give him a day, maybe a lot less than that. I can damn the bleeding...'
'You are the best doctor in the Service...'
'Alchemy! Even with high tech paraphernalia I can damn the bleeding, but I cannot stop the inevitable, no matter how hard I try.'
'What is happening to Zhukov!?'
'Anatoly, I am sorry but he will pass away.' The young idealist's face turned to anger, barely able to contain the tears.
'You are just giving up like that!? No! You can't just let him die!'
'I have done everything I can! There is little I can do.'

Antrema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antrema » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:00 pm

2nd Antremian Infantry Divisional HQ to Rhodesian Gen HQ

9th Infantry Brigade is ready for deployment.

Sokolovka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Sokolovka » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:05 pm

MARINE CASUALTIES:
1,200 KIA
3,600 WIA
70 MIA

EMBASSY:
22 KIA
49 WIA
187 troops
192 embassy staff

The commander of the embassy garrison had ordered a counter-attack to help relieve the pressure on the compound.

At 0300 hrs, 40 embassy guards assembled and prepared to attack. Each armed with an AK variant and loaded up with grenades, they were a force to be reckoned with. Half an hour later they stormed out of the front gate at the nearest Rhodesians, flinging grenades as they ran, bayonets fixed.

The quick response of the Rhodesians meant that 10 were down before they reached the first Rhodesian position, which they seized. After an hour of fighting the survivors were forced to withdraw and leave the few men that were wounded rather than killed outright. A headcount revealed only 6 men made it back into the embassy.

Among the dead lay the commander, killed by a sniper as he observed. The Rhodesians were not fired upon as they retrieved both sides' wounded.

Meanwhile, the marines advanced further inland, leaving 2,000 men to guard the wounded and the beachhead.

Rhodesia Unafraid
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Rhodesia Unafraid » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:15 pm

Major Lovat, still with his captain stars on walked to wards the embassy, he had a white flag and a megaphone.

"surrender, you will be treated with due respect for your actions and treated humanely as pow's. If you fight on it will only be worse, for you".

Antrema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antrema » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Farm near Parthen, Sokolovka
Lena had overheard the conversation, she began to believe it was the end for her, as long as Anatoly was still alive this believe could not take hold of her.
'So are we just going to let him die?' She says, and this takes Alchemy, Life and Anatoly by surprise.
'We can't let him die! You can't!' Exclaims Anatoly.
'This is my mission and it is my call.' Alchemy responds. Victor walks in.
'Have you no heart, your just ending his life, yeah? You are no better than the Politburo sobaka.' Lena speaks out and stares right into Alchemy's eyes. ' You have no heart, you have no life nor soul. You have no care in this world.'
'Yes I do. I care about completing the mission and the men in my charge.'
'But you are more than willing to march them to death.'
Fox intervenes. 'Absolutely, they volunteered for it and they know the risks.'
'Fox, just leave out of this one mate.'
'I stare into your eyes, the gates to your soul. I see an ocean of grey, nothing.'
'Well we could put him down.' Victor was the one for running his mouth without a care.
Lena welled up with tears, Anatoly punches him in the face.
'He is our leader! And you want to butcher him!? You fucking monster!!' A scuffle breaks out Victor's combat training held him through, putting the student lecturer onto the floor.
'Well since he's a dead man anyway, why the fuck not? I mean he is dead weight to us if we need to escape. And you think your better by letting him life longer in agony? Well are you? ARE YOU?'
The Major arrives with Ocelot, 'WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!?'
Victor was then kicked into the wall by Alchemy, who holding a 5th dan in tae kwon do, launched a spinning kick into his side. Against Alchemy, Victor has no chance.
Fox grabs Victor by the neck and throws him outside, 'I WANT A FUCKING WORD WITH YOU RIGHT NOW!'
'Major, I am sorry about that.'
'Rough discipline is needed in these times, I understand.'
'Look Yosef, the General, I don't think he will live another day. His wounds are so bad we can't stop the internal bleeding.'
'Chyort.'
'Boss, we have bigger problems.'

Antrema
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Antrema » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Rhodesia Unafraid wrote:Major Lovat, still with his captain stars on walked to wards the embassy, he had a white flag and a megaphone.

"surrender, you will be treated with due respect for your actions and treated humanely as pow's. If you fight on it will only be worse, for you".

Colonel Bradshaw carrying an FN SCARH looks through his sights at Lovat keeping him covered, he notices the sniper on the roof.
'India 5 this is Sunray, X-ray sniper on the roof.'
'Copy that, target acquired.'
'Standy by, stand by.'
A Rhodesian, acting as the Colonel's liaison smirked.
'What's so funny trooper?'
'The family heirloom sir.'
'You mean waving a white flag is his family's tradition?'
'Your a funny man Colonel, but I am not talking about the white flag. I am talking about the black dagger...'
The Colonel realised something was fishy.
'Who is leading the negotiations?'
'Major Lovat sir.'
Bradshaw remembers that name, and his reputation. He could not help but smile.
'Stand-by, stand-by...'

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents