NATION

PASSWORD

What Martial Art Does Your Military Practice?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Ani-waya
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

What Martial Art Does Your Military Practice?

Postby Ani-waya » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:40 pm

Please explain. If your military does not practice hand to hand combat, or if you do not have a military, then does your people have any Martial Art schools?
Fact Book Information :3 --> viewtopic.php?f=23&t=169444

Nationalist Tantalus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nationalist Tantalus » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Tantalan-variant KungFu is the standard form of martial arts practiced by our military and certain segments of our population. Archived records indicate that KungFu first arrived some time between 2256 and 2267, when the Sino-Terrans first began to assimilate into our society. Indeed, Old Terra's first wave of immigration was widely hailed as the rediscovery of Tantalo-Terran relations, and subsequent migrations from the Oriental sectors of Terra helped to infuse critical segments of Old Terran culture into our own. Today, all 300 million or so troops are expected to conform to a slightly-adjusted variant of KungFu which incorporates standard military customs into the ancient martial art to promote rapid unit adhesion in our armed forces.

Ani-waya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ani-waya » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Nationalist Tantalus wrote:Tantalan-variant KungFu is the standard form of martial arts practiced by our military and certain segments of our population. Archived records indicate that KungFu first arrived some time between 2256 and 2267, when the Sino-Terrans first began to assimilate into our society. Indeed, Old Terra's first wave of immigration was widely hailed as the rediscovery of Tantalo-Terran relations, and subsequent migrations from the Oriental sectors of Terra helped to infuse critical segments of Old Terran culture into our own. Today, all 300 million or so troops are expected to conform to a slightly-adjusted variant of KungFu which incorporates standard military customs into the ancient martial art to promote rapid unit adhesion in our armed forces.

Fascinatingly interesting my dear friend. :clap:

Nationalist Tantalus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 14, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nationalist Tantalus » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Indeed. Without a traditional time-recognized ladder to success, any fledgling military may find it difficult to simultaneously train its troops in both the Arts of Athletics and War.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:00 pm

the Nachfolgian Wehrmacht uses a matrial arts style known as Combat Jujitsu. Combat Jujitsu techniques are meant for closing with the opponent and to cause severe bodily damage resulting in death. some might say it is the world's deadliest martial arts. it is used by US Navy Seals as well as other special forces units around the world.
Last edited by Nachfolgia on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Hallistar
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Hallistar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Combat Jeet Kune Do.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:02 pm

All 4 branches of Cylarn's military are trained in Marine Corps Martial Arts and must reach Green Belt to move on to the next stage in Basic Training. After Basic, they can take classes in Krav Maga or continue with MCMAP.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Fegeleinland
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fegeleinland » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Our military uses antics for h to h combat and the antics can defeat SEALS SAS even Spetnaz
they are trained by a master in the arts of antics
Antics

The Cummunist State
Minister

Founded: Sep 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cummunist State » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Various forms of Jujitsu, mostly Jukido. The people have access to whatever martial art they want.
"Harry slammed his book shut! It wasn't really a book, because the pages were made of lasers! And the words were made of headless women making godless love to dragons made out of motorcycles. But it was still reading."
My Real flag (For roleplaying purposes) It may look badly photoshopped, but damnit that's what it really looks like.
I'm your local gay furry black jewish Atheist KKK member. Roll in the Hate.
(in all seriousness, I am Bisexual, Furry, and Atheist)

"I'm just like you
Better than He!
To hell with They!!
I'm almost me!
I'm almost a human being!"
--Voltaire

Bovidia
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bovidia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Most Bovidians practice sparring, with specific emphasis in the Oryx School of over-the-back jabbing, the Eland School of power-pushing, or the Roan School of knee-wrestling. Hornless neck wrestling is also common amongst the females of dimorphic species.

Vitius
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Vitius » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:05 pm

Viten, a form based upon the movements of the musk oxen, the beloved national animal of Vitius.

Strike like a musk oxen.

Prepare like a musk oxen.

Breathe like a musk oxen.

Smell like a musk oxen.

Talk like a musk oxen.

Act like a musk oxen.

Be a musk oxen.

But not in that order.
Bambi Praxis wrote:
4years wrote:Hitler was worse, but I hate stalin more.

Maintain the rage! Spell the bastard's name without a capital letter, that will settle the score!
Proud Reform Jew

Ani-waya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ani-waya » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:07 pm

Vitius wrote:
But not in that order.

That made me laugh. :clap: Over all, I like the idea of your martial art.

Novariea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Novariea » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:08 pm

All branches of the Novariean armed forces receive at least a basic level of close quarters combat training, which consists of bayonet drills, knife-fighting skills and the Krav Maga hand-to-hand combat system.
The Commonwealth of Novariea - "Through Unity, We Prevail"

Lenapia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenapia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:09 pm

It is a combination of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, various other, primarily defensive forms, and custom techniques developed by veterans of previous conflicts. They are not all black belts by any means, but they are easily capable enough to be dangerous even without weaponry.

It is based on the concept that the person using it will normally be fighting from a position of disadvantage if they are required to close to such extreme close quarters.
Last edited by Lenapia on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am the Furry Israel.

Lenapia is populated roughly 75-80% by Anthros, Beastlings, and various sapient animals, including Ponies, etc...

Ani-waya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ani-waya » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Lenapia wrote:It is a combination of Brazilian Ju-Jitsu, Muay Thai, various other, primarily defensive forms, and custom techniques developed by veterans of previous conflicts. They are not black belts by any means, but they are capable enough to be dangerous even without weaponry.

It is based on the concept that the person using it will normally be fighting from a position of disadvantage if they are required to close to such extreme close quarters.

Creative, yet deadly sounding. But possibly not a match to the Ani-wayan Cherokee's who still use traditional weaponry such as tomahawks, clubs, and scalping knives. :clap: Just kidding, man.I bet your men would be skilled enough to bear our offense if we ever engage. I love how you mixed two of the most well known martial arts. Good job.
Last edited by Ani-waya on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smullania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Smullania » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:15 pm

The traditional martial art of Ghrrghatgh is notorious for its lack of mercy. Favoring offense over defense, grapples, brutal close range bunches, disembowelment, and other tactics are used to get the enemy to a state where they can be beaten against a nearby hard object until dead. Death can be quite quick, as one can imagine. The throat and groin are primary targets.

It is one of the few subjects taught in public schools, and students must obtain three confirmed kills before being made adults. Thus it is well known, though some create variations, and the Shadows due some strange thing of their own, which seems to involve hiding knives anywhere possible as you get dressed, even while on vacation. They can do scary things with those.

Ani-waya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ani-waya » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Smullania wrote:The traditional martial art of Ghrrghatgh is notorious for its lack of mercy. Favoring offense over defense, grapples, brutal close range bunches, disembowelment, and other tactics are used to get the enemy to a state where they can be beaten against a nearby hard object until dead. Death can be quite quick, as one can imagine. The throat and groin are primary targets.

It is one of the few subjects taught in public schools, and students must obtain three confirmed kills before being made adults. Thus it is well known, though some create variations, and the Shadows due some strange thing of their own, which seems to involve hiding knives anywhere possible as you get dressed, even while on vacation. They can do scary things with those.

Very deadly. :bow: You seem like a potential ally.

Smullania
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Smullania » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:22 pm

Ani-waya wrote:
Smullania wrote:The traditional martial art of Ghrrghatgh is notorious for its lack of mercy. Favoring offense over defense, grapples, brutal close range bunches, disembowelment, and other tactics are used to get the enemy to a state where they can be beaten against a nearby hard object until dead. Death can be quite quick, as one can imagine. The throat and groin are primary targets.

Thank you. I wouldn't mind a pawn useful, honourable ally.

Ani-waya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ani-waya » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Smullania wrote:
Ani-waya wrote:

Thank you. I wouldn't mind a pawn useful, honourable ally.

I see what you did there. :lol:

The Mizarian Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mizarian Empire » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:57 pm

The Imperial Mizarian Commonwealth's soldiers are typically being taught what is known as Krestnav Dragonia or "The Rising Dragon" lately. This hybrid of both indoctrination close quarters combat (or CQC)teaches the soldier that everything and anything is a weapon, especially his own body. Krestnav Dragonia teaches it's students to end the fight as quickly and violently as possible. Aim for pressure points and hyper-extension of the limbs to break them or create an opening to strike a killing blow. The style earned its name when it was originally taught that one should aim low, for the shin or knee (kicks) as these are the most difficult to block with the latter causing the opponent to become unbalanced, allowing the student to potentially move in for the kill. Grapples, ground fighting and knife fighting are also incredibly common in this form, with severe (sometimes fatal injuries) occurring during spars or practice as little to no protection is offered.
Last edited by The Mizarian Empire on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you need help world-building, don't be afraid to send me a PM/TG. I'm generally a laid-back guy and have no problem helping if I'm not busy.
Currently Hosting:
If you have ANY QUESTIONS WHATSOEVER about your application or about an RP I am running, feel free to ask, I don't bite very often.

I keep my own political views to myself unless pressed, no offense to you dear reader. With regards to religious belief, I am an atheist. That being said, I'm open to (peacefully) discussing spiritual belief and/or scripture if you so desire.

Ani-waya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ani-waya » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:03 pm

The Mizarian Empire wrote:The Imperial Mizarian Commonwealth's soldiers are typically being taught what is known as Krestnav Dragonia or "The Rising Dragon" lately. This hybrid of both indoctrination close quarters combat (or CQC)teaches the soldier that everything and anything is a weapon, especially his own body. Krestnav Dragonia teaches it's students to end the fight as quickly and violently as possible. Aim for pressure points and hyper-extension of the limbs to break them or create an opening to strike a killing blow. The style earned its name when it was originally taught that one should aim low, for the shin or knee (kicks) as these are the most difficult to block with the latter causing the opponent to become unbalanced, allowing the student to potentially move in for the kill. Grapples, ground fighting and knife fighting are also incredibly common in this form, with severe (sometimes fatal injuries) occurring during spars or practice as little to no protection is offered.

Excellent description my friend! :clap:

Lenapia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenapia » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:40 pm

Ani-waya wrote:Creative, yet deadly sounding. But possibly not a match to the Ani-wayan Cherokee's who still use traditional weaponry such as tomahawks, clubs, and scalping knives. :clap: Just kidding, man.I bet your men would be skilled enough to bear our offense if we ever engage. I love how you mixed two of the most well known martial arts. Good job.

Thank you, and with luck, such a confrontation will not come about.
I am the Furry Israel.

Lenapia is populated roughly 75-80% by Anthros, Beastlings, and various sapient animals, including Ponies, etc...

Ani-waya
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ani-waya » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Lenapia wrote:
Ani-waya wrote:Creative, yet deadly sounding. But possibly not a match to the Ani-wayan Cherokee's who still use traditional weaponry such as tomahawks, clubs, and scalping knives. :clap: Just kidding, man.I bet your men would be skilled enough to bear our offense if we ever engage. I love how you mixed two of the most well known martial arts. Good job.

Thank you, and with luck, such a confrontation will not come about.

Indeed. Let us hope!

The Geargrind
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Geargrind » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:44 pm

The ancient art of stickin' the boot in, and basic cutlass use.

English states (Ancient)
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby English states (Ancient) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:46 pm

Fist Fighting.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information