NATION

PASSWORD

Sexuality as a social construct.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Forster Keys wrote:I sometimes think he might be having us on.

[sarcasm]Y-you mean trolling? No wai! That's impossible![/sarcasm]
Last edited by Jormengand on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jormengand wrote:It would be really meta if I sigged this.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Jormengand wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:I sometimes think he might be having us on.

Y-you mean trolling? No wai! That's impossible!

I know how rare it is. I'm sorry I brought it up. :(
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

1000 Cats
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby 1000 Cats » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Forster Keys wrote:
1000 Cats wrote:Yeah. And when he does answer something that wouldn't be easily countered even by someone who doesn't share his viewpoints, he just rattles off something he has said before with little meaning, no evidence, and that has no relevance to the post he is supposed to be answering, as in Simon Cowell's post above.

Has he actually answered how it could be considered a "social construct" when sexual stimulation has inbuilt evolutionary chemical rewards? And that this phenomenon exists in even animals of basic psychology?

I sometimes think he might be having us on.

He hasn't yet, no, and there must be two dozen people who have said it. He's just a confused and repressed fellow who has difficulty reconciling differences between his feelings and empiricism. His threads haven't changed in half a year. So no, I don't think he's having us on, and I certainly feel sorry for him, however much these threads aggravate me.
Last edited by 1000 Cats on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighborhood zoophile. I'm here to answer questions. Also, we have a region: Zoo!

Norstal wrote:You are a hatiater: one who radiates hate.

Meryuma wrote:No one is more of a cat person than 1000 Cats!

FST wrote:Any sexual desires which can be satiated within a healthy and consensual way should be freed from shame. Bizarre kinks and fetishes are acceptable and nothing to be ashamed of as long as they are acted out in a context where everyone consents and no one is hurt.
Factbook/Q&A | RP | Conlang | Short Story

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Forster Keys wrote:
Jormengand wrote:[sarcasm]Y-you mean trolling? No wai! That's impossible![/sarcasm]

Fixed my quote.
Jormengand wrote:It would be really meta if I sigged this.

New Amerik
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 08, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby New Amerik » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:44 pm

Guys, guys, I think you're all missing the point here.

It's aliens. All aliens. They created mankind to be a single sex race that propagated by pathogenesis, a random mutated cause there to be two sexes instead, and now they're trying to get the unwanted sex to kill themselves off by making them as bastardly and objectifying as possible. And we can't even see them, because they have invisible spaceships.

I tell you, it's the simplest tidy solution to this entire problem. Really.

Ah, to hell with it.

As snarky as that was, the simplest and best way to explain it for now would be to accept it as the byproduct of nature, not society at large. We have a great deal of information (as noted throughout the thread) of masturbation being a nonexclusive trait to humans as well as a non harmful act by its own, and little to none on the part of the society case. I don't think there's much more room for argument.
Last edited by New Amerik on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Basics of New Amerik
Factbook | Portfolio | Resurrection Offered (Storefront) | Embassy
Founder of the ROUS
*NALOW 5 = Open Peace
NALOW 4 =
NALOW 3 = Defensive Actions
NALOW 2 = Open War
NALOW 1 = Total War
NALOW 0 = Blackout

Domicia Rex
Secretary

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Domicia Rex » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Death Metal wrote:
Rothvaris wrote:Oh don't you know? Whenever a guy faps, all women instantly detect it and receive 12 damage to their defence stats.

Except when a Beholder has his anti-magic eye open.

But then the men would be objectifying the Beholder by pretending it's a woman-substitute! ...or however the hell it happens in FST's books.
Evil. Lex iniusta non est lex.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:48 pm

1000 Cats wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:
Has he actually answered how it could be considered a "social construct" when sexual stimulation has inbuilt evolutionary chemical rewards? And that this phenomenon exists in even animals of basic psychology?

He hasn't yet, no, and there must be two dozen people who have said it. He's just a confused and repressed fellow who has difficulty reconciling differences between his feelings and empiricism. His threads haven't changed in half a year. So no, I don't think he's having us on, and I certainly feel sorry for him, however much these threads aggravate me.

My inklings are the same. I've said as much to him.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Jormengand wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

Fixed my quote.

Haha! But I was using sarcasm too!

Tlaceceyaya
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 17, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tlaceceyaya » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:18 pm

Forster Keys wrote:
1000 Cats wrote:Yeah. And when he does answer something that wouldn't be easily countered even by someone who doesn't share his viewpoints, he just rattles off something he has said before with little meaning, no evidence, and that has no relevance to the post he is supposed to be answering, as in Simon Cowell's post above.

No, he hasn't answered how. He's just said that it's objectification of women no matter what. Then he refused to respond to another person's hypothetical situation wherein a male was raised without knowledge of women and then masturbated to the thought of men. I restated it a couple of pages later and got an answer that was to the extent of 'It's hypothetical.'
Economic Left/Right -9.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -8.87
Also, Bonobos.

Dimitri Tsafendas wrote:You are guilty not only when you commit a crime, but also when you do nothing to prevent it when you have the chance.

Dread Lady Nathicana
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Dread Lady Nathicana » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:49 pm

There's places to blog about personal hangups, insecurities, and delusional opinions. Our forums are not it.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General