NATION

PASSWORD

We Own The Night! (IC) (Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

We Own The Night! (IC) (Closed)

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:17 pm

OOC: This thread is now closed to new participants..

IC:

The night air rushed pass Joey as he watched the neighborhood looking torn and broken. The streets were desolate and cold with several well marked pot holes in the cement. The houses were also run down and in disrepair with signs of bullet holes decorating the exterior of the buildings. The sound of a random scream or the blast of a gunshot was common place here in Little Rastoria.

Joey sighed listening to the sounds and kept moving down the road by 4th street. The young street kid was looking for a meal or something to pinch to payoff the Baron. It was no secret that he had failed to pay last week and the last couple of beatings nearly killed him. One of the Baron’s goons nearly shot him with his revolver and it was only thanks to the Baron that Joey got out of the situation alive. This place was life and death. It was killed or be killed but it was still home. The city of Dark Haven was not a model city but it’s residents were harden survivors.. The mob had been quick to take the city over from the authorities leaving law enforcement corrupt and just as brutal as any criminal organization within the city.

The city officials were little better just money grubbing parasites that made their living ruining other peoples lives and setting people up as some sort of fall guy before having their own goons deal with them. Joey quickly brushed the thoughts out of his mind when he saw a sight that made his blood chill.

The Bakery on 4th street was being robbed by a lone gunman. He was wearing a black ski mask and was wearing a black wind breaker jacket. The gunman had a six shooter, and had it pointed at the Baker. The Baker had his hands raised to the air and was pleading with the gunman…

“I don’t have any money! The mob already took my protection money!”

The gunman smiled coldly and said in a growl, “You better think twice before you decide to stiff me old man!”

The old Baker’s arms were starting to get tired and he noticed Joey walking near the store‘s entrance. He cried out to Joey…

“Joey, Please help me!”

The gunman turned around and pointed his gun at Joey and asked coldly, “You got a death wish kid?”

Joey slowly put his hands behind his back and reached for his rear pocket. He grabbed the switchblade and promptly opened the blade and as he raised his hands to look like he was being held up. He threw the knife right at the gunman’s right arm. The blade penetrated the thin wind breaker jacket and hit the gunman in the shoulder.

The gunman in a moment of pain dropped his gun and tried to pull the blade out of his shoulder. This gave Joey enough time bull rush up to the gunman and use his fists. The gunman did not even see the first sucker punch coming as Joey continued to plummet blows on the smaller and less muscular man.

The gunman went down, he did manage to get Joey’s switchblade out of his shoulder blade. He screamed in pain an attempted to stab at Joey with his newly acquired weapon. Joey fell to the ground and rolled on the floor attempting to avoid being stabbed or slashed with the switchblade.

Joey promptly rolled next to the six shooter revolver and promptly grasped it with his right hand and took aim at his attacker. The masked thug promptly dropped the knife and said, “Okay kid you win..”

Joey smiled coldly and said, “I know…”

The gun exploded and the mask man fell to the ground. His chest bleeding profusely.. He cried in pain and the Baker had a look of horror on his face. Joey smiled back and fired the next shot at the Baker aiming for the old man’s head. The bullet hit him in the throat…”

The old man gasped his last couple gulps of air as his blood started to interfere with his breathing. Joey walked over to the cash register and threw it to the floor…. It spilled a good fifty bucks in ones and fives. Joey collected the cash and walked away leaving his victims to die on the floor.

In a place like Dark Haven dead bodies were to be expected……
Last edited by Rastorian Syndicate on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Reblle
Envoy

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reblle » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:23 pm

T be every where.
Damn it, right after I go about and remove the Nazi Apple/Microsoft flags.

I had two opportunities this time and I blew both, I have no hope.-Rhodmhire

Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:46 pm

Joey continued to walk with his newly collected cash and his switchblade. The gun had been left behind at crime scene to make it seem like the Baker and the gunman had killed each other. This city did not even bother to use forensics to find murderers and killers. That area would never talk to the police the attitude of the neighborhood was you handle your own business. That did not mean the cops would not try to investigate but most likely they would cold case it.

The police never hunted a killer down unless their was a bounty on his head from somebody with enough money to put such a contract down on them. The law was almost a joke, if only they did not engage in their own criminal activities using their position to keep it seeming legit from everything from loan sharking to murder for hire. The cops were almost a mob unto themselves….

The night air felt good on Joey’s body as he held his newly won prize and privately thought about the past hour. The gunman probably died in a good ten minutes of being left on the Bakery floor with a gushing gunshot wound in his chest. The Baker probably died a slow and very suffocating death as his oxygen had been cut off with the blood gushing into his lungs…

Joey smiled darkly and thought about how easy it was to murder. It was always hard the first time to whack someone until you get rage on your side. Joey thought about his past his parents being killed by the Vamps and the Wolves. The Italian mobsters that beat him when he begged them to hit the Vamps and Wolves back for killing his family.

He also thought about Julia Von Lichencrest the Vampire girl that attended his middle school and went off to some prestigious girls school. She use to look at Joey with those dark mysterious eyes that seem to draw him closer to her. He almost asked her out once but that was before his father had given him a stern warning about the Vamps. “They try to seduce you with what seems like kindness and charisma and then feed on you like the parasites that they are..”

Joey thought about that and wondered if the same was true when dad’s werewolf friends decided to rip him into pieces in front of the old house in the slum. Joey thought bitterly and swore revenge on both these monsters. He would take his revenge on the vampire that feed on his mother. He would then put a bullet in the wolves that mutilated and ate his father…

Joey smiled and knew what he had to do. He had to get connected to the mob. The mob was the only force that could fight the wolves and the vamps. The street kid gangs were no match and they were little better off than being civilians on the streets. If you were connected however, You had muscle and guns to back you up in a fight and you had money to feed yourself. In short you had respect on this cold streets…

Joey headed towards an apartment complex near the southern area of Little Rastoria. He had his switchblade in his shoe in case they tried to pat him down. They would be looking for a gun because the rumor of his murder of the Baker and his robber would have spread throughout the criminal underworld rather fast…

Joey walked up the flight stairs and went up to apartment number 6C and knocked..

The little slot opened up and a large eye was looking back at him. It was standard procedure when dealing on the streets. The Baron was in the drug trade and used these apartments to smuggle, hide, and sell his merchandize.

The Baron’s bodyguard Bruno opened the door. He had a 9mm Beretta handgun in his right hand. He forced to Joey show all his weapons. Joey said he was unarmed and promptly raised his hands as the bodyguard only touched his muscle shirt and waist area. He was obviously was in a hurry to get Joey to see the Baron…

The Baron was sitting on a coach dressed in a blue collar like suite with a large neck tie that had been loosened around his neck. The Baron was about 32 and he was holding a pistol in his left hand. The Baron looked at Joey and said, “Kid, I hope you’re here to pay your debt..” Joey smiled and said, “My Baron, I bring my tribute…”

The street kid put the wad of cash on the table in front of the baron. The baron looked at the haul and counted the loot. It was only 40 dollars. The Baron smiled and said, “Okay, This will cover you this week and for the last two weeks you were broke. If you fall in debt again. I will start charging interest that will be taken out on your hide if you f-ck up again!”

Joey nodded and asked, “May I leave your abode my Baron?”

The Baron smiled and said, “Joey, Your always so polite here. I wonder if these rumors are true about your street reputation. I heard an interesting story that you killed a brother of a connected guy from the Russies. The Baker was also paying the Cappaletti Crime Family protection money. I hear they are already seeking your death on the streets…”

Joey’s face went pale the Italians were going to be coming after him and the Russian Mob would also be seeking his death…

The Baron smiled a cynical smile and said, “Since you paid your tribute. I will give you a little gift..” The Baron put his Beretta on the table and slid it over to Joey.. Joey griped the gun in his hand and put it behind him on his waist. Joey smiled and said, “Thank you Baron, You have shown a commoner like me more kindness than I deserve. I am going to be laying low for awhile. I hope you understand…”

The Baron smiled and replied, “Good luck kid. I hope you survive being marked for death!”

Joey gave a grim smile and bowed to the Baron and promptly turned on his heel and walked out of the apartment. The street kid started going down the stairs looking for a place to hide. He needed guys to help him if he was going to survive this situation. The Syndicate was not going to bail him out with the Russians or the Italians. He had to hide and find a way to get them before they whacked him…

Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:23 pm

Southern Slums….

The Slums were a dirty area to be sure, It was here in these black alleyways and barren roads that Joey had been born and spent most of his time in this unforgiving city. The night air was gone replaced by the glowing sun of morning. The poor street kid had been walking from the western area of the city to the southern parts near his old neighborhood. This long journey had taken several hours of walking and hitting several bus stops along the way.

Joey was staying low so to speak by avoiding his usual hanging spots to avoid the inevitable retrieval team that would try and grab him off the streets to take the long drive. The long drive was another way of saying the long arm of the Don had just swished you away and the “authorities” would eventually find you six months afterwards floating by the docks in Eastern Dark Haven….

The harbor was a great dumping spot for bodies and the Italians did a lot of clean up work for many organizations ranging from the Russians, Chinese, and Japanese, to the downtown gangs and even for the Vampires and Wolfs when they killed someone that should not have and fear the retaliation that would most likely follow. The human crime organizations were vast and powerful but they did not want to openly fight the Vamps and Wolves directly. If they did hit a vamp or wolf it was because someone connected was hit and all the different crews followed the same code to protect each other and avenge the deaths of made or connected guys.

Joey however did not want to think about this fate that awaited him. He needed to talk to Uncle Vinny and to his friend Johnny. Joey and Johnny had grown up in this neighborhood and Uncle Vinny was a retired made guy for the Barlucchi Crime Family. If anyone could use their connections to call off the Cappalettis it was Uncle Vinny.

The problem was that Uncle Vinny lived in Werewolf territory in the southern slums and the Barlucchis and the Wolves were constantly fighting each other over this space of the city. The war had been bloody, Barlucchi hit squads used to be seen driving along the streets in old muscle cars armed with Uzi submachine guns equipped with sliver nitrate rounds blasting at the werewolf packs that would attempt to attack members of their organization almost on sight…

It was a war that almost brought destruction on both sides and it was the war that took Joey’s father away from him all those years ago. The Werewolves that had seen his father and dealt with him knew he was a loan shark for the Barlucchis and decided to eliminate him as a message to Uncle Vinny and the family. They made a really bloody display of the whole thing and left Joey’s father body in a tattered heap of blood and bone…

The memories still burned in Joey’s head as he saw his old rundown shack of a home with it’s pathetic wooden fence that was full of termite holes and rot. Joey for the first time in a long time had tears well up and fall down his face..

He quickly tried to wipe them away before anyone saw him. The last thing he needed was to look weak in his old neighborhood. The wolves would not be out right now, The sun was up and people could walk safely for now. He had to get to Uncle Vinny’s little apartment complex. It was the only place he could go to lay low and avoid the Cappalettis and the Russians that were sure to be after him…

Unfortunately, The Cappalettis already figured he would go for help…. A black Impala muscle car pulled up and out came three wise guys dressed in black leather jackets. They were uniformly dressed to show they were part of the same crew wearing a white t-shirts and blue jeans and all had black boots. They were quick as they rushed out of the car and went up to Joey with the goal of grabbing him and putting him into the car..

Joey saw them coming from behind him and heard them as they tried to rush him from behind. He quickly turned around and pulled out his Beretta. He took aim and fired right at the lead mobster. The mobster did not even have time to register the danger as the bullet hit him in the chest and he fell to the pavement.

The other two cried out in surprise and stopped in mid rush.. One of them cried out, “He is packing heat! I thought he was some two bit punk?”

The other one quickly went for his pistol in a holster tucked under the black leather jacket. Joey saw that coming and shot at the one that had cried out and took off….

The mobster fell as the bullet hit him in the leg and he cried out, “You son of a b*tch!” The other wise guy returned fire at the fleeing street kid. It was unheard of for a street kid to shoot a made guy before being picked up and was sure to earn Joey a death sentence but their was a price on his head already!

Joey ran trying to avoid the returning fire from the other two mobsters that were determined to gun him down. He quickly ran down the street into the alleyway. He knew these alleys like the back of his hand and he hoped to escape before the mobsters tried to get him from their car…

They didn’t even follow as he ditched into the first couple of a blocks down the road heading to old Uncle Vinny’s place. Joey ran until his face turned red from the sweat of running and he finally made it to the apartment complex.

The apartment he was looking for was apartment 5D. Joey knocked on the door only to be answered by his old time friend Johnny. Johnny was still a runner for the Barlucchi’s acting as their delivery boy ranging everything from payoffs to guns.

Johnny was dressed in his usual get up of a white suite and black slack dress pants. He had a Jericho 941F semi automatic pistol in a holster by his right le hidden under the slacks paint legging.

Johnny smiled and said, “Joey, welcome home! I was hoping you would come pay us a visit!”

Joey Graves smiled back and replied, “I need to see Uncle Vinny, I seem to be in trouble with some of his friends and need his protection to get them off my back!”

Johnny nodded solemnly and went to get Vinny from his kitchen, The old man was talking on the phone and he promptly hung up the phone and whispered into Johnny’s ear. Joey could not hear anything but figured the old man was telling Johnny about some sort of business deal going on in the city just like the old days.

Johnny had a hurt look on his face and he seemed both repulsed and surprised in the same moment. Johnny finally seem to agree with the old man and went back to Joey and said, “Uncle Vinny will set up a sit down between you and the Cappalettis. We will protect you on our turf in the slums and let you work out your differences..”

Joey smiled and said, “I knew, I could count on you guys to help me out with this problem. I promise to pay you back for your troubles….”

Johnny smiled and replied, “The favor is on us this time old friend..”

Songri
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Songri » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Western Slums

*ring ring*

Rhoran's eyes were open the moment he detected the noise, but while he didn't sense anything nearby dangerous he still felt terrible. A quick glance at the clock confirmed it, it was still daylight. His eyes narrowed into slits, whoever was calling him had better have a good reason, if not, well, that would be tonight's dinner all planned out.

He reached over and picked up the phone "This is Rhoran, who are you representing and what do you want from me that can't wait until sunset?" The last few words were snarled out, Rhoran usually had very good control of his temper but this whole city and the low-life jobs he was forced to take was starting to get on his nerves.

He paused to listen for a moment than "You want me to watch some street kid why?, actually don't bother answering that, standard kill fee per week and i can only watch at night. Plus you have to give me where he will be tonight so i can find him. Deal?"

A small smile appeared on Rhoran's face, "He's in wolf territory? Consider yourself benefiting from a 25% discount."

As Rhoran hung up the phone he glanced at the clock, 2 hours until the sunset enough for him to consider moving. As he moved to gather his equipment he thought that those two hours couldn't pass quickly enough.
Songri deserves to be taken as seriously as a heart attack suffered while piloting a zeppelin over a bacon factory. Which is the most serious of heart attacks, because if that zepplin crashes into that bacon factory, all of us will be without bacon.

And that simply will not do.

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook broke down. If you are the 2% who would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Following new legislation in Songri, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.

Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Joey awoke around nine pm with a cold death like feeling. The memory of the day had freaked him out and he had been passed out on Uncle Vinny’s sofa in the living room. Johnny had just gotten back from work as the door shut and the sound of the door closing had waken the jumpy street kid.

Johnny notice this and said, “Jumpy aren’t ya old friend?”

Joey growled, “You would be as jumpy, if the mob wanted you dead!”

Johnny laughed and said, “This reminds me of the old days…”

Joey nodded thinking about all the times they had been running on these streets. Fighting rival street kids, ripping off mom and pop stores, and even running illegal crap for the Barluchhi family. It brought back memories of better days that was for sure.

Uncle Vinny walked in and said in his old school accent, “Ok you two kids get up! We gotta head to the meeting spot for this here sit down with the boss!”

Johnny nodded and said, “okay, old man were going…”

Joey laughed as the two friends headed towards Uncle Vinny’s caddy. The caddy was Vinny’s prize possession and it marked him as a somebody on these kinds of streets. The three of them drove down the street during the night. Joey had his Berretta ready concealed behind him as Vinny brought a 12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun that held sliver nitrate shells. Johnny was already stocking up on sliver bullet rounds in case the Wolves decided to attack the caddy while heading to the meeting spot…

The car left when the sun went down and the trio headed to the meeting spot. It would take them out of city limits to a place seldom visited unless you had recently lost a friend or love one. The city cemetery, It was here the Mafia held court after dusk to discuss matters of business…

The Caddy approached the secluded spot and two mafia goons opened the gates into the cemetery. It was technically closed after dusk but the fact that the mob had financed and constructed it gave them a lot of clout to use it. It was also a good place to get rid of a dead body…

Uncle Vinny got out of the car and so did Joey and Johnny and they all walked over to the crypt. The crypt was the meeting spot and it held the most secretive spot the Mafia controlled from outside the city. The mobsters waiting inside however were not here for talking..

They were all enforcers for the Cappaletti Crime Family. Joey reconginze a few of them Anthony Saldone, Bruno Barlone, Donny Luppotazzi, Carlo Gambone..

Uncle Vinny promptly punched Joey in the face and Johnny followed by sucker punching Joey in the gut.

The Mob goons then proceeded to beat down the poor kid on the ground. Joey was fast enough to pull out his gun and let a shot go off. The bullet failed to hit anyone but it stop the attack long enough for him to get up and start booking..

Johnny however pulled out his Jericho and in semi auto fired a short controlled burst….

Joey took a hit in the back and fell outside the entrance of the crypt…

Uncle Vinny then moved over and took the gun out of Joey’s hand as he lay on the ground bleeding. Uncle Vinny then threw the pistol a few feet away as the Mafia enforcers promptly began striking at the street kid and Uncle Vinny finally said after several minutes,

“Okay, Johnny boy shoot this wise guy killin fool and lets get the f-ck out of here!”

Johnny looked at his long time friend and said those famous last words, “It’s nothing personal, It’s only business Joey boy!” Johnny took aim and shot twice in the stomach, Joey cried out in pain and Uncle Vinny smiled and said, “Johnny, Tonight you made your bones on Joey’s body!”

Joey closed his eyes and played dead as the mobsters walked toward their cars. It was only a stomach shot Joey started crawling on the grass as they pulled away from the area. He needed to find help or he was good as a dead man…

The crypt keeper walked over to the wounded kill with a shovel. It seemed he was going to clean up the mess by putting Joey in a freshly dug grave. Joey groaned and played dead as he managed to conceal his thrown pistol under him. He took aim and fired hitting the surpised crypt keeper in the head.

The Joey laughed despite himself, It seemed he was not the only one going to hell tonight. At least he managed to take somebody with him. Joey then passed out due to blood loss. His heart and lungs were still working but he could not help but fall into the darkness that was starting to overtake him...
Last edited by Rastorian Syndicate on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Songri
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Songri » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:33 pm

*BANG*

As the gunshot rang out across the Cemetery Rhoran's eyes snapped to the Crypt. He had been following the car the kid had got in but had been dropping further and further behind hoping some werewolves would pick up his scent and come after him. Without thinking his hands went to his whips and the two coils fell onto the ground, ready for use.

*BANG BANG BANG*

As the second burst of fire punched through the air Rhoran smelt something, Blood. He felt his hunger rising within him and moved closer to the Crypt.

As Rhoran got close enough to see what was happening he saw some humans standing around what he assumed was the kid. Storing the memory of the blood scent for later reference he moved towards the mobsters cars.

*BANG BANG*

Two more shots, Rhoran sniffed the air to try and see if the kid was still alive, he thought he was but that wouldn't last for long. He needed to make this as quick as he could. He feel his entire body tense, waiting for the mobsters to move close enough. Their guns gave them the advantage, but only if they stayed away.

*crunch crunch*

The mobsters walked closer to the cars, the sound of their footsteps on the gravel growing louder and louder, when suddenly the lead one stopped 3 meters from Rhoran's hiding place.

"Wait somethings not ri..."

Rhoran didn't give him the chance to finish. Leaping forward his whips lashed out, lashing across the two closest mobsters throats and unleashing a torrent of blood. The others tried to bring their guns to bear but at this range against a Vampire of Rhoran's skill they didn't stand a chance. Within a few seconds it was over, the last mobster, about the same age of the kid, even managed to fire a shot, though it poorly aimed and fired from a small side-arm the silver round caught Rhoran across the cheek. Feeling an all too familiar hunger Rhoran grabbed the young mobster and biting into his throat drank deeply. Suddenly remembering he had a job to do Rhoran let the youngsters body drop, pausing only to strike the neck as the body fell to make sure he didn't have any chance of surviving. Rhoran ripped some strips of cloth of the mobsters clothes that were not covered in blood, recovered his whips and went off to find the kid.

Following the blood scent it was easy to find the kid, trying to crawl away. Judging by the smell Rhoran determined the kid had been shot three times. Amazed that he still had the strength to move he silently moved closer to the kid until he was standing just behind him and a half smile appeared on his face.

"You want a hand there, kid, or you good?"
Songri deserves to be taken as seriously as a heart attack suffered while piloting a zeppelin over a bacon factory. Which is the most serious of heart attacks, because if that zepplin crashes into that bacon factory, all of us will be without bacon.

98% of all internet users would cry if facebook broke down. If you are the 2% who would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Following new legislation in Songri, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.

Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Joey woke up from his temporary coma and noticed the bodies all around the area. The crypt keeper’s body was about four feet from him and he could see the blood on the strange man’s face and knew instantly this guy was a vampire.

Joey managed to choke out, “It figures leave it to a vampire to be in a cemetery where the mob disposes of it’s problems.”

Joey’s sarcasm was thanks to memories of the past with his mom being drained of blood by a vamp noble in northern Dark Haven. Joey finally coughed out, “Yeah, I need some pressure on the bullet wounds and a doctor." Joey then asked, “You wouldn’t happen to know a good underground practitioner of the medical arts?” Joey then added quickly, “The mob certainly wanted revenge for their little retrieval team,I managed to somehow derail yesterday.

I should have known better than to run to my old friends. They were just waiting to set me up to their fellows in the Cappaletti family. I hope you realize they will be after the both of us soon. If we don’t get rid of the evidence. I count at least four enforcers, one retired wise guy, and an up an coming made guy…”

Joey laughed a little bit at the irony of fate being avenged and saved by a vamp. It seemed almost impossible....
Last edited by Rastorian Syndicate on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Songri
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Songri » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:28 pm

The half smile on Rhoran's face spread to both sides of his face. he couldn't help it, he liked this kid. Bloody, dying and the first thing he saw was a blood covered vampire and yet he still managed to come up with a sarcastic remark like that.

"First things first, lets get those bullets out and those injuries patched up."

Moving faster than any human could react Rhoran's hand struck the back of the kids spine, briefly overriding the nerve signals and paralyzing the lower body. Moving quickly before the blows effects worn off Rhoran pulls out one of his crossbow bolts and, using the tip, removes the three bullets. He then proceeds to use the strips of cloth as rough bandages to bind the injuries.

"That will do for now, remind me later to re-do them when we get somewhere safe," He looks around "Well, relatively safe."

Picking up the kid he moves to one of the cars, a caddy. After placing the kid in the front seat he then proceeds to pack the bodies in the car, pausing to grab the keys from the pocket of the cars driver and gets in the front seat and starts to drive off.

"Don't worry about the bodies, I'll swing through wolf territory and dump them there, along with all their guns and they will just be a bunch of new victims to the wolf packs. Hell might even set the human mobsters and the wolves at each others throats."

Doing some quick mental calculations Rhoran determines that he has just enough time to drop the bodies off, drop the kid at his safe house and still have an hour before dawn. Enough time to make a few calls and see if he can find out some more information about the kid. Plus knowing exactly what he would be up against in trying to protect up would be useful. Glances one more time at the kid before focusing on the road and watching out for any traps or ambushes.

"By the way, Kid, names Rhoran"

Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Joey was feeling better and replied, “Joey..”

Joey then took Johnny’s cell phone inside the glove compartment of the car. He then proceeded to dial a number.. The phone made it’s usual ringing noise and finally a feminine reply came from the other end of the line.. “Hello, This is Miranda speaking..”

Joey responded, “Miranda, It’s Joey, I need some help with some issues..”

The reply was a harsh one, “Joey you piece of sh*t the mob is suppose to have whacked you by now!”

Joey responded with bravado, “Miranda, I am too da*n evil to die..”

Miranda replied, “Sure, If by evil you mean by starting a murderous rampage that has earned you some huge street credit. I mean even the street kids are talking about how you killed a grand total of two wise guys and survived the infamous retrieval squad…”

Joey laughed and responded, “I want them to think the last attempt succeeded. I need you and your brother Franco to go down to the cemetery and bury the body of the crypt keeper in the unmarked grave that was intended for me..”

The response was quick and harsh, “What kind of girl do you take me for?! I was sleeping and you disturbed my rest and I got mid terms coming up!”

Joey growled into the phone, “Don’t give me that sass, You owe me for that whole Rastorian Syndicate Jewel heist you tried to pull. The Baron almost had some shadow men send a retrieval squad after you and your crew!”

The response was cold, “You dare remind me of that!”

Joey growled, “You idiotic day walker sleeping all day and trying to go through college while at the same time working for some of the local Vampire clans!”

Miranda finally said, “Okay, The job will be done free of charge for the legendary Joey Graves. I hope you know that I hope the mob finds your sorry ass and burns you!”

Joey hung up and said to Rhoran, “Sorry about that, I had to make this convincing. The last thing I need is for the Italians and the Russians to think that I am alive and breathing considering their last attempt gave me three bullet holes…”

Songri
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Songri » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:38 am

A small smile came and went on Rhoran's face.

"You trust anyone related to the Vampire Clans to keep quiet about anything? Your braver than I thought, Kid, or stupider, haven't worked out which yet." The last is added jokingly. "Some advice, Kid, never trust anyone related with the Vampire Clans to not spread information."

Rhoran flicks the lights off as the car draws deeper into the Southern Slums. The streets are dark and abandoned. Only a fool walks on wolf territory at night, especially with full moon only being a week away.

"Good enough time as any to tell you the one rule around me, if I tell you to be quiet be quiet or i will personally make sure you can't make another noise, if i tell you to then it means there is a very good reason for you to be quiet. Oh and in case you hadn't worked it out this is one of those times."

After 10 minutes of driving a smile creeps across Rhoran's face. Stopping the car he quickly moves to the other door and picks Joey up.

"On foot from here, the wolves will trash the car trying to get at the bodies." he whispers.

Rhoran starts to sprint, the weight of Joey not even worth noticing as he heads home. The night is soon full of wolf roars and metal twisting as the pack finds the car and tears it apart.

Rhoran, carrying Joey races off into the night bypassing a few werewolves who are racing to the roars of their pack mates.

Rhoran smiles. "Next stop, My Safe house"

Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:14 am

Joey kept his mouth shut as the Vampire picked him up. He was not about to argue a simple rule like that considering the situation with a pack of hungry of werewolves rushing in a bloody frenzy towards to the car. The thought of Barlucchi gunmen shooting the wolves in retaliation for this hit was interesting to the young kid and he held his thoughts to himself as the night air rushed past him. Joey listened to the hungry predators as they hit the car smashing the windows and ripping the metal with inhuman strength. Their teeth gnashing and oozing drool in a hungry orgy of predatory pack mentality. He knew how this was going to go down. The strongest would dominate the kill eating as much as possible while the weaker ones eventually take their turns until the weakest got to eat the scraps of the meal. It was all an interesting sight for the first couple of minutes..

Joey sort of had an out of body experience thinking about all that happened. Uncle Vinny and Johnny had turned on him and set him up for the Cappalettis. The person to save him was not a fellow human gang member or a Rastorian Shadow men hit team but a Vampire of all things! The other thought that went through his mind was about using Miranda and her brother to cover up his escape from death. It was funny, Joey almost thought that this time his number had come up and he somehow cheated death again!

Rhoran did prove an interesting point however, If Miranda did tell her masters in the clans about his continued existence. It could mean it would be leaked out to the Italians and the Russians and that would be bad for Joey’s continued health in the long term..

Joey thought about this and debated about having her meet him at the safe house when she completed her task. It would be easy enough to lure her to him. She supposedly trusted him considering, he did save her from his Baron. It would be so easy to have her killed right there. All Joey had to do was call the Baron and ask for a hit team to be the greeting committee.

Joey did not like betraying a friend like that however, He already suffered a betrayal from a close friend and did not like it personally. He could hardly justify it himself. Joey finally decided to kill the Dhampyr thief and her brother if they talked about the activity and it become common street knowledge that Joey Graves still lived.

Joey just hoped that Miranda and Franco had enough discretion to avoid that kind of outcome…

Joey finally said after they got several hundred yards away from the wolf feeding frenzy,

“I doubt she will say anything, It would not be good for her continued survival. If I let it be known that she was the one that ripped off the Baron’s stolen jewelry collection in one of the warehouses by the docks..

I mean his grace was so angry vowing publicly to have the ones responsible dealt with harshly……”

Joey also added, “I think we better hurry before sunlight. I don’t think pure blooded Vampires handle the light to well…”
Last edited by Rastorian Syndicate on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Songri
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Songri » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:26 am

A predatory smile grows on Rhoran's face

"I've spent almost 2 centuries hunting down werewolf packs and rouge vampires. If she does indeed betray you some lowlife human 'baron' is going to be the least of her problems, I assume you. Although I would welcome the chance to test this cities Clans ability to keep someone safe."

The smile fades as Rhoran glances at the rapidly dropping moon.

"Stupid wolves. They took to long to notice us."

Rhoran stops running in front of a run down building, long abandoned.

"Can you move on your own, Kid?"

Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:18 am

Joey returned the smile and said, “You should not underestimate that lowlife piece of human nobility. They have an organization that is international and unlike the Italians they re a little more accepting of other races of people. I mean it’s one thing to always be looking over your shoulder for someone of Italian or Eastern European descent but what about a Hispanic or Asian assassin that may have been trained in some government’s special forces program?

The Crime Kingdom is not something you should mock just by it’s upfront activities. The Baron could always ask the Count for some special hitters and next thing you know your being hit by guys that were former government trained killers that went rogue!

As for Miranda and Franco, those Dhampyr rogues are at the bottom of all the clans hierarchies. I doubt any of the Vampire Lords and Ladies would shed a tear for them if the mob wanted them eliminated or if you decided to take vengeance upon them…”

Joey grunted from the initial pain of standing but replied, “yeah, I have taken my fair share of beatings that hurt like hell. I am more than capable of moving towards the door…"

Joey then heads toward the door after putting the 9mm Beretta pistol in behind him at his waistband. The switchblade was still in his right pocket and his ten dollars were still in his left along with Johnny’s cell phone. The street kid smiled and said, “it’s just like my old house."

Joey opened the door and shambled inside and plopped himself on the floor after closing the door. The tired street kid passed out in a wave of excitement and having the sudden thrill of being alive after all the world seemed out to get him…

Songri
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Songri » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:16 am

After a quick look around to ensure that no-one is watching Rhoran follows Joey inside the building. Seeing the boy start to slump he moves quickly and just manages to catch the head before it hits the ground.

"Don't push yourself so hard, you can't do something just say so next time."

Carefully lowering Joeys head to the floor Rhoran quickly moves through the entire house, checking to ensure that it was indeed abandoned. As he moved through the house the layers of dust and the smell told its own story, no-one had looked in here for years. It would serve, but they would have to move again, and before the next night too. While Rhoran washed himself as often as he could and used perfume designed to mask his scent from any werewolf they would be able to follow the dried up blood of the boy. They would be busy for the night fighting over the car. But tomorrow night they would follow the trail.

Finishing his search and determining that the house was indeed empty Rhoran went back downstairs to find Joey still passed out where he had left him. Picking him up Rhoran headed up to a bedroom he had found which, amazingly, still had a single bed. It was old but would serve. Placing Joey on the bed he quietly slipped out of the house. He was going to have to stay up all day just in case something somehow followed them. And for that he needed blood. A quick glance at the moon determined that he would have about an hour before sunrise. Which meant he would have to hunt very locally. Which would bring the wolves in even faster.

Moving towards the nearest occupied building Rhoran aimed two quick thrusts with his hand at the doors hinges, splintering them and allowing him access. Finding the lone occupant of this house was easy, an old man huddling in the corner of one of the upstairs rooms. Moving faster than the man could react Rhoran grabbed him and bit into his neck. As always the intoxicating sensation of fresh blood flooded his system, and unfortunately for the old man Rhoran did not fight it as he usually did. He had a long day and would need all the blood he could get.

Heading back to Joey Rhoran felt that unusual combination of disgust and ecstasy that always followed whenever he drank someone dry. He went upstairs and, using two crossbow bolts and some thick cloth he had found, covered the rooms only window. Rhoran than sat at the foot of the bed drew his weapons out and began the long process of cleaning them. His head slowly started to ache as the sun came up.

Sparing a glance at Joey's limp form on the bed he muttered "Kid, you better get well soon, your going to have to get out of here before sunset tomorrow which means you'll be on your own for a bit."
Last edited by Songri on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heaven Hieghts
Minister

Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Heaven Hieghts » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Robyn hurried down the street, perfume eminating off of her heavily to hopefully cover up her human sent, though she had doubted that would work. Her father always told her to never go out at night, not even with somebody, but that damn contact... Hopefully she'd find the boy tonight and she could go home and sleep.

The darkness pressed down on her heavily, fear spread through out her. She wrapped her fingers around her UV flashlight tighter than before. Her only weapon, it'd saved too many times to count. A vulnerable little bird like herself was perfect food for vampires, no connections, not anything... Just that flashlight.

She remebered a promise she made her brother, that she wouldnt ever end up like their father. She swore her pinky on it. The mere thought of vampires made her face contort in disgust, she always took the stories that didnt involve super natural beings and she never went out on the street at night, so she wouldnt get eaten, right? But there she was, in a crime infested city with preditors lurking in just about every corner at night. She'd be lucky if she didnt get raped, let alone eaten. Oh, Joseph, if you can hear me up there, please watch my back! She prayed more than thought. Robyn turned and looked behind her breifly and hurried her pace. It was slightly ironic that she was worried about vampires in the southern slums.

Come on, Bird. You're almost there. A sudden voice broke the silence, fayning kindness and welcome but she heard that sharp and cold tone that they always had.

"Hello there, pretty girl. May I ask where you are going?" He said stepping out of the darkness like he was apart of it.

"The question is; where do you plan on dragging me off to?" Robyn snapped sharply.

He chuckled at that. "Not any place that might make you uncomfortable." She sneered at that with a look that said, yeah right! "What is your name?"

Bird whipped out her flashlight and said. "My name is Bird!" Then swithed it on. His face contorted in pain and he screamed. Robyn only stood there a few moments then ran as fast as possible, but her human lgs could only go so fast. What the f*ck was a vampire doing here?! God only knew he'd probably catch up with her and rip her throat out for that.

She didnt know how long she'd been running for but soon she cam up on an abandoned looking house. Intuition told her safety. Bird rushed in and scurried upstairs to hear some one talking. She peaked around the corner to see someone huvering over a bleeding boy. A cold chill creeped up her spine. She knew he was a vampire.

Robyn held the flashlight ready and said. "Uh... Hello?" awkwardly from around the corner.
Last edited by Heaven Hieghts on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guess what, I'm radical left

Songri
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Songri » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:54 pm

Rhoran finished cleaning his weapons and putting them away went to check on Joey. The rough bandages needed changing, but the blood flow had mostly stopped. Rhoran quickly replaced the bandages with new ones and just as he finished he heard someone racing up the stairs. His hands moved and rested briefly on one of his crossbows before the scent reached him. Human, but he couldn't tell he gender, there was a smell masking most of the scent.

A timid voice came from around the corner, definitely female and lined with fear. "Uh... Hello?"

The females breathing was ragged, as if she had just been running. Which meant that whatever she was running from would have followed her. Rhoran felt a brief flare of annoyance, with sunrise due within the hour he was stuck here, and if the wolves found out about this place before tomorrow night even he would struggle to survive the fight.

Then suddenly everything clicked into place. A solution out of this trap. If he could convince her to help Joey get out of here tomorrow it would be easy for Rhoran to evade the wolf packs around here and meet up with them later. Although he would need to provide her with an incentive, a reason to help. Few people in this city did anything for free.

Suddenly Rhoran heard something from downstairs. The front door being smashed in. Whoever she was running from had followed her, and while he couldn't determine if they were wolf, human or even a vamp he had no doubt killing them would be easy. Slipping back into a shadow where he knew he would not be seen, especially with two humans in front of him he settled down to wait. He hoped the female would come closer but if she didn't it wouldn't be that difficult. Any pursuer would focus on her and not notice him.

Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:06 am

Joey slept peacefully on the ground, his dreams were of the old days. He could remember the good times when his parents were still alive and well. He remembered his mother singing at the Vampire run nightclub in uptown. Joey remembered being with her and seeing the Vampire Lord walking over to her.

The large dark aristocratic monster moved towards her with a predatory look and Joey remembered seeing his mom looking mesmerized by the vampire. The Vampire was dressed in a large black executive suite and had on three expensive looking gold rings on it's right hand. It's black hair was slicked back neatly combed and his face was deathly pale. His eyes were like two dark green orbs that had his mother captivated.

The creature moved fast in a burst of speed that seemed impossible to Joey. It grabbed Joey's mother and opened it’s jaws and bit deep into her neck. Joey remembered screaming and charging at the monster only to be lightly pushed back. The push was light for a vampire but it sent Joey flying and he hit the wall at the other end of the Nightclub with a hard thud..

The Vampire owner of the club a man by the name of Antonio Von Lichencrest was the one that got Joey out of the place. Joey remembered that day vividly when his mother was murdered. Joey started to sweat from the thrashing from the sudden nightmare of his father being ripped bit by bit from the pack of werewolves that had decided to make him their meal for that night..

Joey screamed out loud, “Dad No!!” and awoke covered in a cold chilly sweat. He also pulled out his 9mm Beretta from behind him ready to shoot….

Songri
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Songri » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:34 am

Seeing Joey trash around before waking up from what was clearly a nightmare Rhoran felt another flash of annoyance. If only the Kid had stayed asleep for a few more minutes this would be a lot easier. Stepping forward to reassure the kid would ensure the female hiding around the corner would see him, and would also sacrifice any surprise he could get against whatever was following her. However if he didn't step forward the Kid might do something dangerous.

After a moments indecision Rhoran decided on a plan. If the Kid was about to do something that would risk his plan he would interfere and stop it, until then he would simply stay out of sight and observe, at least till the females pursuer came into view.

Watching the Kid draw his gun and prepare to fire Rhoran felt his muscles tense. If the female revealed herself and the Kid tried to shoot her he would have to stop the bullet. A quick calculation assured him that he could move his hand into the bullets path before the Kid could finish pulling the trigger and shoot.

Speaking far to quietly for anyone to hear he muttered "Kid, that thing better not be loaded with UV rounds."

Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:59 am

The Beretta lit up and Joey fired straight ahead. He was not thinking rationally as his last thoughts were of the wolves butchering his father. The bullets were standard anti-personnel rounds not UV or Sliver nitrate rounds and Joey let off his last shot as the Beretta bit back and cut into Joey’s hand causing it to bleed slightly.

This brought Joey back into physical reality and he noticed that his hand was bleeding and his gun barrel was hot and he knew that he had just fired his gun and used up his only clip. Joey cried out, “F*ck! Now all I have left to fight with is the fri*ken switchblade!”

Joey looked around trying to figure out what the hell had just happened while he was asleep…
Last edited by Rastorian Syndicate on Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Songri
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Songri » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:34 am

His body moving of its own accord Rhoran was standing in front of the gun before he realized that the female still hiding around the corner hadn't revealed herself. The first bullet hit his hand as Rhoran struggled to shift his momentum and avoid the remaining shots. His speed, considered supernatural even amongst Vampires allowed him to avoid most of the bullets, with the few he couldn't avoid being absorbed by his Kevlar lined trench coat.

"F*ck! Now all I have left to fight with is the fri*ken switchblade!"

The Kid must still be half asleep, unfortunately his action had changed everything. Hearing the gunshots the female would probably have started backing away, was probably moving down the stairs now. Which meant she would flee straight into whatever she was running from in the first place.

As Rhoran took a step to follow he felt a powerful scent behind him. Fresh Blood. His own hand wound ached and the injury had inflamed his hunger. That combined with an unexpected source of fresh blood so close at hand almost tipped him over the edge. Almost. His struggle for control lasted a few seconds before Rhoran called up his hatred and the hunger was burnt away by fires of hate and rage.

The female would have to look after herself for a bit, Rhoran needed time, time to compose himself after almost slipping into a frenzy, time to make sure the kid didn't do something stupid again, and time to bind the wound before too much blood came out and drove him into a frenzy.

Turning back to the Kid he moved close and, shaking his head, moved to bind the small cut that must have been caused by the recoil of the gun. "Kid, you have an interesting way of thanking someone who is risking their life trying to save yours. I like you, Kid, but shoot me again and I'll take that as a sign you don't want my help and would prefer it if I left you on your own. "
Last edited by Songri on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:30 am

Joey quickly realized what had happened and a look of shame came over his face. He lowered his head and said in an apologetic voice, “Sorry Rhoran, I was not intending to shoot you. I had one hell of a nightmare that was like a massive flashback to the old days. I remember seeing my mom at her nightclub the day she was murdered. I also remember seeing my dad being ripped apart by those overgrown dogs!”

A look of pure hatred washed over Joey’s face and with sure force of will. He pushed his aching body up. Rhoran had finished bandaging the wound and Joey replied, “Thanks man, I appreciate your help, considering all that has happened.”

Joey took a few steps towards the door his switchblade pulled and blade extended. The street kid did not even turn his head but still asked, “ I am just wondering did someone hire you to watch my back?”
Last edited by Rastorian Syndicate on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heaven Hieghts
Minister

Founded: Jun 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Heaven Hieghts » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:10 am

Robyn jumped at the sound of the gunfire, was he shooting at her? She had slid down with her back against the wall and her hands covering her head. The boy started shouting about and then she heard some one else talking to him.

Foot steps down the hall reminded her that her previous adversary was right on her tail. Fear pervaded her mind and she began to shake. Bird either had to move or she was gonna be a meal. She scrambled up and ran around the corner with her hands up, her flashlight visible.

"Don't shoot me please!" Her voice was higher than she might have wanted.
Guess what, I'm radical left

Rastorian Syndicate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Rastorian Syndicate » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:33 am

Joey’s patience was gone and with his switchblade extended and ready to go. He called out to the female voice, “I am out of bullets! I suggest you come over here now! I am having a real bad day and the last thing you want is for me to come over there to bring you up here!”

Joey may have had his blade out but he kept it down to show he was not a threat. It was a display to let the unknown female know that he was not intending to hurt her, just yet.

********************************************************************************************************

The Cemetery
(Near Dawn)

Miranda and Franco were driving in their usual ride a black a 2004 Mercury Marauder. This was just a show of power and position considering they worked for some of the most rich and influential Vampire clans in the city. The only downside was they were considered of a lower class of the clans due to their half vampire heritage. They thus made themselves useful as being agents for the Vampire nobles by doing dirty jobs such as stealing valuable jewels, to ripping off blood banks, to even outright murder for the vamps.

The only problem was they attracted a lot of attention from rival human crime organizations and that was usually bad for their continued existence. They thus made connections to several low level criminals like Joey to help them get away with their crimes and keep their parent organizations off their backs.

Miranda sighed as she pulled up to the cemetery and her brother promptly got out of the car. Franco was tall with black hair and had on a wife beater and ripped jeans. He was the muscle end of this two man crew. Miranda was the brains and diplomat. She looked over and saw the crypt with blood all over the area. She took a deep whiff of the scent and realized that Joey’s blood was all over the place.

It made sense the kid was probably wounded and in dire need of medical attention. She sighed and promptly picked up the crypt keeper’s corpse and with ease of her unnatural strength dragged him over to a large hole in the ground with no head stone. She then proceeded to unceremoniously throw the corpse into the hole.

Franco picked up the shovel and began filling in the dirt and wordlessly Miranda watched her brother thinking of how she would use this to her advantage…
Last edited by Rastorian Syndicate on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tagmatium
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 17, 2004
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tagmatium » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:07 pm

A cautious nose sniffed the air, telling the owner a lot about the surrounding area. The air in the southern slums of Dark Haven could tell a person many things, especially if that person possessed a keener-than-average sense of smell. It mainly smelt of pollution and filth, both human and industrial, the sorts of things that any poor area of any city across the world would smell like. There were also overtones of other sorts, as well. To the nose that knew, the scent of werewolf was pretty strong. Vampire could be detected too, but that was much more of a background smell. The fact that both of those were present probably would have surprised any ordinary person, but not the owner of the nose.

The southern slums were, apparently, werewolf territory, but that didn’t mean the nose’s owner was going to be welcome there. Especially since he had plans to embark on a little hunting expedition of his own amongst the rundown and dilapidated buildings. It was easier than hunting in the countryside, as people were a lot more common, and there were many people in a city that could go missing without many questions being asked, at least for a short period of time. However, discovery was much more likely, and would often lead to sharp, pointed questions and sometimes much more sharp and much more pointed implements as well.

Heathstepper shrugged. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, after all. The local pack would probably irritated with an unknown hunter encroaching on their turf, but unless he had been wrong, the chances were that it probably wouldn’t be discovered until later on, after he’d moved on. His ears pricked up at the sound of running footsteps and he grinned a grin that could only be described as predatory. It sounded like someone had volunteered themselves as prey, or at least a distraction until something more interesting happened. A gunshot rang out from where the footsteps had fled to, making the evening a lot more remarkable.
The above post may or may not be serious.
"For too long, we have been a passive, tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone."
North Calaveras wrote:Tagmatium, it was never about pie...

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates