NATION

PASSWORD

First Winter Youth Games - Discussion Thread - Harrikes 2012

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Founded: Jul 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:
Euskirribakondara wrote:Well, both withdrawals are effective then, there's nothing much I can do here. I'll erase those entries from the xkoranate files.

2. I don't know how to modify the files -.-

I didn't withdraw, I'm still here, I said I MIGHT, tow you can go in the program and modify the RP bonuses and if you have a mac you can use time capsule or time machine.

Then, are you withdrawing or not?
Euskirribakondara: Prosperity In Diversity
Political Compass: -7.38 (EC), -6.21 (SO)

WHF and WorldVision, Entries and Results
32nd World Hit Festival Winner

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:I didn't withdraw, I'm still here, I said I MIGHT, tow you can go in the program and modify the RP bonuses and if you have a mac you can use time capsule or time machine.

Then, are you withdrawing or not?

No, since that would be bending to pressure and I'm not going to do that.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Euskirribakondara wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:
I do not think that you know how severely irritated and appalled I am by this. It is plain corrupt. It's as simple as that. I have numerous informants backing said statements, as well as a director of the board now (Soviet Canuckistan). And no, you can still easily edit said file. And no, xhonorate works in a very similar way, especially if rigged. And keep your puppets (and whatever participatns still give a damn after this is revealed). Bergnovinaia is RESIGNING, and that is FINAL. This, plainly put, is not acceptable. I strongly urge other nations to follow suit and invest their RPing ability elsewhere, such as the non-corrupt Olympics that begin in the next few weeks. However, if you choose not to follow suit, it doesn't matter. Just be aware, you'll be fighting an uphill battle to ensure you win a single medal.

I'm not getting this part right "if you choose not to follow suit". To follow what?
What shall I do then?

If other people choose to follow suit and abandon this heinous competition.

And then, well, you can learn that the NS community (at least the more acceptable of the bunch), do not take well to cheating or rigging competitions, especially one that could have turned out to be such a successful and prestigious one (like this).
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Euskirribakondara wrote:
I'm not getting this part right "if you choose not to follow suit". To follow what?
What shall I do then?

If other people choose to follow suit and abandon this heinous competition.

And then, well, you can learn that the NS community (at least the more acceptable of the bunch), do not take well to cheating or rigging competitions, especially one that could have turned out to be such a successful and prestigious one (like this).

this^, Eusk, you've just shot yourself in the foot.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:22 pm

Vekaiyu officially pulls media coverage from these games, but will still participate.

OOCly, I've read what's going on, and I'm disappointed. Until this is sorted out, and until this is done fairly, I can't spend time to RP on it.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:37 pm

OOC: It will never been done fairly this is NS

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:OOC: It will never been done fairly this is NS

Sorry, but that's bullshit. I've been in a few Olympics in the past that were done very well by players who put a ton of energy into hosting, scoring, and organizing events. I highly respect those people because that's a ton of often thankless work. It can be done fairly and has been done so in the past.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 pm

OOC:It was a joke, I know the olympics are done well.

Albertasby
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertasby » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:50 am

It saddens me to see these developments, and its with regret that I too will be withdrawing from these games. I know Euski has put a lot of effort into this, and I commend him for that. But unfortunately, I do agree with accusations of unfairness and so therefore I withdraw.

However, I will return for the Summer edition (if it still goes ahead) with a potential host bid with Chenkorya as I feel this has potential. Until issues raised have been resolved, I withdraw. Sorry it has come to this.
Call me Alby // I'm a She

Chenkorya
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:59 am

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:OOC:It was a joke, I know the olympics are done well.

Okay, first, delete that sentence from your sig. If you think that this is all is unfair, that is allright of course. That's your opinion. But I am quite sure that you do not care about the things that are bothering Bergnovinaia and others. The thing that is probably bothering you is the whole personal story and whatever that's going on between you and Euski and that you are asking for people to boycot the games because you want to make a personal attack to Euskirribakondara, a kind of "in the face" and a payback for the horrible things he seemed to have done to you. If you'd feel the same about it as Bergnovinaia you would just tell your opinion here and leave it, and not stimulate people to boycot the Youth Games and with that Euskirribakondara.

Albertasby
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertasby » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:26 am

SC, you don't have a problem with the games, you have a problem with Euski, Chenk and me. So please, don't be so childish.

Carmadin
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carmadin » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:31 am

Albertasby wrote:SC, you don't have a problem with the games, you have a problem with Euski, Chenk and me. So please, don't be so childish.

This^
I simply noted that your RP was out of line, and you have blown it up into something way, way bigger than it ever had to be
<PIS>: You say boom. I worry
4th Place in the Kickball World Championships. Reached the Ro16 in the 12th World Lacrosse Championships. Ranked 19th In the World for Lacrosse. Currently ranked 12th in the World in Babbage Rules. Accepted to CoH's 49-51. Quarterfinals in Beach Cup V. Gold Medal in Kemelilui at the I World Games. Co-creator of Kemelilui, included in XKorinate 0.3.3. Champions, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-17. Champions, Lake Moritz Curling Gloriakos. Third Place, Copa Rushmori VII. My KPB Rank is as follows: #43, 16.23
WHF 9: 10th place with 16 points
Help create a new sport!
Copa de Mercury
Embassy Program
Я люблю Україну!

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:47 am

Guys, according to the most recent events, I'm going to have to withdraw all the puppets, and reduce the Euskal delegation to 120 entries. Both days will be re-scorinated, but first I need to know who's withdrawing (please don't do it)....

So far, I have Bergnovinaia. Anyone else?

Chenkorya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:54 am

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Euskirribakondara wrote:
The incident of the whole podium was because it was the only event in the whole games where no more than 2 nations had submitted a skill of 1.0. As I perceived this, I put my three entries here with the highest skill, and it actually worked. I can show you the xkoranate image if you want to.

Secondly, the best athletes I have were on this day (2), but day 3 will be lousy in medals for EUS, I know that. The thing is that the draw ceremony, and the medals ceremony was taken into account for RP bonus, but the host apart from this day, gets NO more bonus.

Yes, there are three puppets, for IC reasons. But, the bonus is just taken into account for Euskirribakondara, not for Artsakhestan, nor Monlyuxeburga, nor Puerto Candelaria. If I wanted to get them bonus, I'd have to RP from those accounts, but let's face it, there's no time. So, in fact your 120 delegation is against a 140, the Euskal one... and not for long.

This is the explanation I can give. Now, I do expect this is of "your liking", otherwise, please tell me, and we'll sort that out as soon as possible. I hear your recommendations :)

Cut the crap... you do not *modify* your skills as to ensure sweeping a podium. Furthermore, not all entries with 1 win... that is just plain corrupt. And no, I do not want to see the image, as this can be easily fabricated.

Again, please stop trying to bull shit everyone. You have done it once, I have called you out on it, but you will likely do it again. And I am sure that's why you won 8 medals.

You don't need three puppets for IC reasons! If they are all territories, they would compete under your primary nation IRL. Bergnovinaia has eight territories, but you do not see me playing 8. No, I am playing one. Furthermore, having more delegations almost ensures someone will win, even without RP. It's happend to me before where I enter something, forget to RP, and win it.

So let me say this, Bergnovinaia hereby resigns its delegation from the Youth Games because of fraud, lies, and sheer deception used by the host and his *advisory committee.* A condemnation of these games in this forum WILL follow, with possible repercussion for Eus in the Security Council of the WA (because it has been done before). I can gurantee with certainty that you, nor anyone else involved in this conspiracy, shall recieve a host bid from anything major in the future ever again, and that your own tournaments will be flops. This is purely unacceptable.

I don't know if you mean the people who are on the executive board, but I don't know anything about a conspiracy (I don't say there isn't one made by Eusk himself, but I can't know it if there is) nor do others like Albertasby, Carmadin. Soviet Canuckistan might now something about a conspiracy, but not one from Eusk, but one from himself.

Euskirribakondara
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Euskirribakondara » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:10 am

Ah one last thing, because I think I was misunderstood. You can check out my signup a few pages away, and the Bobsleigh athletes had 1.00 there; it's not something I modified whilst scorinating.... As I said, I realized during the signups just two athlets had 1.00 and I put my three with 1.0 to get better possibilities. I just wanted to clear that point.

Chenkorya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:23 am

Because everything is quite getting out of hand, I almost feel forced to withdraw and all...

Albertasby
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertasby » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:03 am

Euskirribakondara wrote:Guys, according to the most recent events, I'm going to have to withdraw all the puppets, and reduce the Euskal delegation to 120 entries. Both days will be re-scorinated, but first I need to know who's withdrawing (please don't do it)....

So far, I have Bergnovinaia. Anyone else?

Unfortunately, me

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:05 am

Chenkorya wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:

Cut the crap... you do not *modify* your skills as to ensure sweeping a podium. Furthermore, not all entries with 1 win... that is just plain corrupt. And no, I do not want to see the image, as this can be easily fabricated.

Again, please stop trying to bull shit everyone. You have done it once, I have called you out on it, but you will likely do it again. And I am sure that's why you won 8 medals.

You don't need three puppets for IC reasons! If they are all territories, they would compete under your primary nation IRL. Bergnovinaia has eight territories, but you do not see me playing 8. No, I am playing one. Furthermore, having more delegations almost ensures someone will win, even without RP. It's happend to me before where I enter something, forget to RP, and win it.

So let me say this, Bergnovinaia hereby resigns its delegation from the Youth Games because of fraud, lies, and sheer deception used by the host and his *advisory committee.* A condemnation of these games in this forum WILL follow, with possible repercussion for Eus in the Security Council of the WA (because it has been done before). I can gurantee with certainty that you, nor anyone else involved in this conspiracy, shall recieve a host bid from anything major in the future ever again, and that your own tournaments will be flops. This is purely unacceptable.

I don't know if you mean the people who are on the executive board, but I don't know anything about a conspiracy (I don't say there isn't one made by Eusk himself, but I can't know it if there is) nor do others like Albertasby, Carmadin. Soviet Canuckistan might now something about a conspiracy, but not one from Eusk, but one from himself.

Until I conclude my person investigation into this matter, I cannot determine who this shall be. But personally, from the people who I have talked to about this matter who are not involved with the Youth Games at all, everyone seems to be appalled at the whole establishment, including those on the board.
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:07 am

OOC: Btw, you don't just award RP bonuses to people who sort of RP. You award bonuses to everyone, and rank them based on quality. (This is what they do at the normal Olympics, and is partially why I am very pissed off at this whole competition. It is pointless to RP if nothing is awarded because it is purely subjective.

Chenkorya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:11 am

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Chenkorya wrote:I don't know if you mean the people who are on the executive board, but I don't know anything about a conspiracy (I don't say there isn't one made by Eusk himself, but I can't know it if there is) nor do others like Albertasby, Carmadin. Soviet Canuckistan might now something about a conspiracy, but not one from Eusk, but one from himself.

Until I conclude my person investigation into this matter, I cannot determine who this shall be. But personally, from the people who I have talked to about this matter who are not involved with the Youth Games at all, everyone seems to be appalled at the whole establishment, including those on the board.

Go ahead, I am quite curious about the person investigation, to be honest. When it includes something like a conspicary known by the members of the board, I already know that it's untrue.

I do not know if there is any intentional conspicary made by Euskirribakondara, but I know that the members of the board do now nothing about that. You can check that with Soviet Canuckistan, because if there was a conspicary known by the board members, he would have known about it, right?
Last edited by Chenkorya on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:11 am

Chenkorya wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:

Go ahead, I am quite curious about the person investigation, to be honest. When it includes something like a conspicary known by the members of the board, I already know that it's untrue.

Good. Then you should have nothing to fear.

Chenkorya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chenkorya » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:13 am

Bergnovinaia wrote:
Chenkorya wrote:Go ahead, I am quite curious about the person investigation, to be honest. When it includes something like a conspicary known by the members of the board, I already know that it's untrue.

Good. Then you should have nothing to fear.

Indeed. :)

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:50 am

Chenkorya wrote:
Bergnovinaia wrote:

I do not know if there is any intentional conspicary made by Euskirribakondara, but I know that the members of the board do now nothing about that. You can check that with Soviet Canuckistan, because if there was a conspicary known by the board members, he would have known about it, right?

No, I've been left in the dark and got suspended from the board without anything democratic happening like a vote to remove me from the council. In protest, I WILL NOT be leaving these games.

Homelands our
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Homelands our » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:13 pm

I feel now, as two days have to be redone making a lot of my RP work and time null and void that I have to withdraw. Unless something fair on RP work is done before Tuesday. So I am still in but will reconsider on Tuesday.
SC I don't think that it is fair to sa boycott the NS youth games just because people did not like you RP, I mean you just could have edited that bit out and all this would have been avoided.
Join us in NSSport
Ranked 99 in football (soccer)
created the quall cup
3rd in quall cup 2 and quall cup 3
Follow the HOSL on the IDSN thread

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Homelands our wrote:I feel now, as two days have to be redone making a lot of my RP work and time null and void that I have to withdraw. Unless something fair on RP work is done before Tuesday. So I am still in but will reconsider on Tuesday.
SC I don't think that it is fair to sa boycott the NS youth games just because people did not like you RP, I mean you just could have edited that bit out and all this would have been avoided.

It wasn't the RP, to was the unfairness in the policies and they could have ignored it but no, Eusk decided to repeat it.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports