NATION

PASSWORD

Living in the shadow of the past (OOC Signups/FT/re-intro)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Atlantian Outcasts
Political Columnist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Living in the shadow of the past (OOC Signups/FT/re-intro)

Postby Atlantian Outcasts » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:24 pm

OOC:

Hey kids, remember me?!

No, you probably don’t. Most of you aren’t as old as dirt. I’m sure you’re all at LEAST August nati—wait, what’s that? You organize yourselves by YEAR now? Shit. Well, alright then.

Well, I’ve kind of been on the periphery of NS-ness for the last few years. I’ve done a couple of half-hearted RP’s in an attempt to get back into the game, and….generally not been too successful at that. I think part of the problem was I didn’t really have any story ideas, so I just kind of kept joining in on other people’s intro threads because those were the only open ones.

BUT NOW IT’S MY TURN.

I finally have an idea. It’s not, y’know, the next War and Peace, but it’s something. And certainly better than ‘Two ships meet in space’.

BACKSTORY:

Circa 2007, I was one of FT NS’s ‘sleeping giants’, mostly isolated but one of the bigger populated entities out there—and built like a fortress. Over the course of 2007 to 2009, I utterly destroyed myself in a quasi-aborted arc named the ‘Second Demon War’. What basically happened was that super-ancient aliens from an early arc in my NS days returned and finished me off, leaving me with just a few scattered survivors---eight billion souls to two-hundred fifty million. Those survivors have since regrouped in a new system and tried to rebuild their lives. A decade and a half later, they seem to be doing okay for themselves.

Atlantis is a power well-passed it’s prime. It is in many respects much like the Byzantine Empire post-1204. It venerates its admittedly glorious past and history and relishes it—but in the end it is just that, history. Stepping into an Atlantean city, one is awe stuck by the sheer age of it—it’s like walking into a Bronze-Age civilization except with computers and flying spaceships. Everything is large and monolithic, designed to impress and overwhelm you. Atlantean culture is ancient, filled with mysticism and superstition, yet they remain technologically advanced.

PLOT:

This new system, the Ithika system, is filled with ancient ruins left by some forgotten empire. Even the primary inhabited moon seems to have been terraformed and filled with (altered) Terran life. This Re-Intro RP would basically start with a science team uncovering one of the ruins/artifacts on another planet in the system and setting off a chain reaction throughout many of the other artifacts in the system. The readings would be off the charts: enough for other powers to get interested in this otherwise ‘off the beaten path’ system in the Orion arm of the Milky Way that they never pay attention to.

Conflict would happen in two ways:

A: The artifact network is revealed to be a self-destruct system left behind by the previous owners of the system. There is now a countdown to Armageddon unless someone can stop it.

B: An interstellar race/series of interstellar incidents for control of the power source. I don’t want OMG FLEETS, mind you, but small-scale conflict is not out of the question.

Seeing as this takes place all across Atlantean space, this would be a good time for me to showcase Atlantean culture/society/etc. I’d love to have people explore the world I’ve built, which you can see in my factbook HERE. And yes, that’ll be the account I’ll be using. Basically, I want me a space opera. I want character based antics. I want adventure. I want space battles. I want you to get lost in my world. I want cinematic.

I’m looking to have a handful (read: five to seven) of willing participants who won’t vanish after page two. Please.

PARTICIPANTS:
--Nova Atlantis/Atlantian Outcasts
--Imperati
--The Unified Species Republic
Last edited by Atlantian Outcasts on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Imperati
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperati » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:47 pm

I'm willing to participate. what kind of application would you prefer? Character or nation based? Or even on that note would both be preferable?
We all stand together as a single species, a single blade or we will devolve into a thousand tiny razors scraping on the heels of those united above us.
Factbook

Atlantian Outcasts
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Outcasts » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:59 pm

An idea of both would be preferable I think--I have a distinct feeling this plot is going to be shaped by both. If you have a factbook, that'll be just dandy too.

I'm afraid I don't actually have an application for you though. I'm just kind of winging this and gaging interest at the moment.
Last edited by Atlantian Outcasts on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Imperati
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperati » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Ah well then. I'll post a character sketch later. I don't have a fact book for now sorta still working on it. Feel like I have a lot to cover on it and so trying to flesh out all the details of it.... it seems to be taking a while.
We all stand together as a single species, a single blade or we will devolve into a thousand tiny razors scraping on the heels of those united above us.
Factbook

The Unified Species Republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Species Republic » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:47 pm

I'd love to participate in this, if you'll have me, it strikes me as a much better storyline than the generic ships meeting in space.

Atlantian Outcasts
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Outcasts » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:56 pm

That's two!

Return to International Incidents