NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal: Social Assistance Accord

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:21 pm

The Imperial Republic of New Kyoto wrote:
Cromarty wrote:if you dislike the WA "trampling" on your sovereignty, ambassador, there's the door, I suggest you use it.

I would rather stand my ground and attempt to find a more reasonable way of achieving laudable goals so I decline your invitation.

By the way... If the majority decides on repeal of this act... Does that mean YOU will leave?

That would be a tragedy for debate and discourse are the lifeblood of healthy communities.

Bravo I say! We need more people like you who are willing to stand and fight for their sovereignty rather than run and hide like some nations have done.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:36 pm

Connopolis wrote:
Zliten wrote:Ambassador,

If what you suggest is correct than the proposal in question (not the repeal) would be, in effect, doing nothing but allowing seperate nation-states to put funds into a pot to give themselves in the form of the WA. It is unclear how that would be a drain on other WA nations or on nations that are poor, because they would be giving themselves money that they would normally put in. Nobody would be paying for others. This seems to make a repeal proposal unnecessary.

If however, our nation is interpreting things correctly, than the WA is providing funds through its reserves to states in need which
our nation supports and would resist stoppage of.

Final note, it is 3 AM Zliten time, so I will have to retire, I will be back latter to continue this strong debate.

Ambassador for the Republic of Zliten

I have to side with Koopman here - you do realize that the original does not provide you with any funds at all, whatsoever, correct? I can say that with utmost candor as the author of the original resolution. If anything, I reluctantly admit that the repeal of this resolution would provide you with extra funds, if anything, at the expense of the poor and underemployed.

Yours,

That's being disingenuous at best blatantly misleading at worst. The repeal does not outlaw or abolish the social assistance programs that exist in member nations. It takes away the requirement that all nations must have a social assistance program.
Last edited by Sovreignry on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Alzadia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alzadia » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:48 pm

But it doesn't say that all member nations CAN'T have one.
Yup, I'm the Alzadian Delegate to the WA AND the Prime Minister of it's peoples. At the same time. Because I'm cool like that.

Most Honorable Prime Minister William of Alzadia

Dizyntk
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Alzadia wrote:But it doesn't say that all member nations CAN'T have one.

"No it does not. All member nations are free to enact their own welfare programs even when this repeal is passed. In fact they will be free to design said programs to fit their society and budget. Something not completely allowed under the current resolution."
Dizyntk WA Ambassador Princess Feyalisa Zerleen Profile
What is a Dizyntk you ask? Dizyntk Info
Cyanka is the Dizyntk year and is equal to 18 earth months. Do your own math.

Arivali
Envoy

Founded: Jun 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arivali » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:34 am

Yet again, repealing this would NOT prevent any nation from having its own social welfare program. If such a thing is important to you, by all means, keep following the rules of the resolution. There is absolutely nothing stopping you. All the repeal will do is make this no longer mandatory. I can finally go back to deciding how to help my own people.

I am by no means against providing assistance to those who need it. However, there are things in SAA that I am against; for instance, paid parental leave. I say don't adopt a child if you can't afford it. If you can't afford a little time off to have a baby, use birth control. That I will happily provide my citizens access to.

Also, SAA does not provide any funds for any of this. We pay for it ourselves. That is why I had to raise taxes, and my economy took a big hit. The money going to these people is coming straight out of my royal treasury. I don't like it.

Condunum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Condunum » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:36 am

Approved. Who's drafting the replacement?
password scrambled

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:36 am

Arivali wrote:Yet again, repealing this would NOT prevent any nation from having its own social welfare program.

Repealing it would, however, grant nations permission to deny modern economic and social rights to their citizens and residents.

- Dr. B. Castro

Dizyntk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:37 am

Condunum wrote:Approved. Who's drafting the replacement?

"Why in Goddess' name do we need a replacement? My nation is perfectly capable of providing for its less fortunate citizens without the WA outlining how it must do so."
Last edited by Dizyntk on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pastalia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pastalia » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:35 am

Dizyntk wrote:
Condunum wrote:Approved. Who's drafting the replacement?

"Why in Goddess' name do we need a replacement? My nation is perfectly capable of providing for its less fortunate citizens without the WA outlining how it must do so."

So we can assume that you'd be gladly accepting a sudden wave of immigrants from countries less fortunate? I fear this will be the main effect of simply repealing this act: People will realize that their way of living is in danger and flee to those countries who still have an adequate social security system. Your economy might be able to cope with this, but there are many countries who have a tight budget as it is. Sudden immigration waves would destabilize these, creating a spiral of collapse.

If we can't give everyone bread, give them hope at least.

Socratesia
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Socratesia » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:37 am

Ambassador Bernard Dürr, Semi-Permanent Representative to the World Assembly for the Democratic States of Socratesia - all of which, being something of a mouthful, generally became "Berni" or, sometimes, "Big Berni" - idly fingered the guest pass hanging round his neck. His staff had finally managed to wrangle it for him after many hours of negotiation, but in truth he wasn't that bothered; in fact, he was finding the debate session in the chamber rather boring, and wished that instead he had been allowed to remain in the Bar.

Typically, Berni got his own way. It was lost on no one, for example, that his delegation staff mostly consisted of barely qualified, barely clothed, barely legal women of Asian ancestry; his speech on accepting the position of Semi-Permanent Representative had mainly concentrated on refuting - not particularly convincingly - insinuations that he was mainly taking the job so as to benefit from the tax-free status he would enjoy as a result; and many were curious as to why his "staff training exercises" leading up to the establishment of the Socratesian Mission had been so heavily based in tropical climes offering more in the way of matchplay links than intensive briefing sessions.

But on this one point, everyone had been quite insistent: he had to start attending the debates immediately, even before Socratesian WA membership was formally recognised, so that the Mission could build up influence, profile, and capital. And free pens - they were a little light on stationery supplies, but hopefully there'd be some lying round the Assembly floor while diplomats traded speeches. They'd even tried to get him to read the briefing email the Mission's chief lawyer, Ms. Lefebvre, had prepared for him:

to: b.duerr@soc.wa
re: Check out this! A cat in sunglasses! ROFL!!

Herr Doktor Dürr,

As requested, a commentary on the proposal before the General Assembly, a repeal of the resolution "Social Assistance Accord":

I am concerned that elements of the repeal suggest the argument is less about refining the bureaucratic rationality of the Social Assistance Accord, and more about quietly promulgating ideology. For example, the repeal states, entirely reasonably, that "[t]he 'Social Assistance Accord' does not permit Member States to make temporary welfare benefits conditional on reasonable obligations, such as having to actively look for a job". But it appends to this objection that "the general intent behind welfare limitations [is] to reject 'free-riders'".

Furthermore, I find the wording of the following section of the repeal curious:
Repeal text; emphasis mine wrote:2. The 'Social Assistance Accord' mandates that individuals be granted 10 weeks paid paternal leave whenever they adopt a child, regardless of parenthood or the child's age;

No such language actually exists in the Social Assistance Accord. The closest available is from 2 (b) (or not 2 (b)? haha):
Social Assistance Accord; emphasis mine wrote:Parental leave, in which a dependent is born/adopted, for a minimum of ten [10] weeks,

The resolution's language concerns "parental leave", which while not defined can be readily assumed to apply to both mother and father in cases of a two-parent family. The repeal's language only takes issue with this as it applies to "paternal leave" - that issued to the father. Objecting to either parent receiving leave in the case of adopting a child of relatively advanced age might have been valid, but objecting only to the paternal half of this allowance strikes an unfortunately gendered tone that gives me severe reservations about the likely intent of those sponsoring this legislation. This is backed up by the following clause in the repeal, which confusingly states:
Repeal text wrote:3. The 'Social Assistance Accord' does not specify whether parental leave must be granted to the father, the mother or both, nor does it grant the power to decide on that issue to Member States;

This makes absolutely no sense in light of the repeal text itself having just three lines before stated that paternal leave is granted. It also seems an extraordinarily thin piece of reasoning: if the original makes no such stipulation, then it is entirely reasonable to assume, in line with Article 1 of "Rights and Duties of WA States" ("Every WA Member State has the right to ... exercise freely ... all its legal powers") that it falls to individual member states to make such considerations on their own. I would go so far as to say these two elements of the repeal are contradictory.

I also find the repeal's final argument - that "[a] right to "immediate access" to all information regarding benefits is ... impractical in remote or isolated areas" to be largely specious, given that the original resolution Social Assistance Accord makes no particular stipulation as to how immediate said access is.

Given these reservations, and despite our own deeply held concerns about the original resolution, I can only suggest that it may be fortunate that our World Assembly membership may not be formalised in time to cast a vote on this measure: I could not countenance our supporting this repeal but would also not wish to be seen as actively upholding a resolution of dubious value, and hence would in any case recommend an ABSTENTION on the matter.

Yours,
Natasha Lefebvre
General Counsel, Socratesian Mission to the World Assembly

P.S. Please stop emailing me links to LOLcat pictures.

But he found his eyes glazing as he read through her dense prose. I mean, really, would it have hurt to throw in the odd joke? Couldn't she have maybe broken it down into bullet-points, added a little highlighting, bolded the important pits and shaved off everything else to a footnote? And what the hell did she have against LOLcats?

He was close to drifting off when a jabbing pen - which he would have to try to snatch later - alerted him: he was being called on to speak! He tried to look over Natasha's email printout again, but by now his doodles and coffee stains obscured most of the text. The odd word stood out, but when he tried to focus in "paternal", "parental", it all just blurred together. Prising himself out from behind a desk that did not reflect well on his attempts at slimming his impressive girth, he tottered nervously up to the front, and looked around. Still having little idea of what to say, he coughed several times until an impatient scowl from one diplomat near the front moved him to action.

"Ladies...gentlemen...and you there, yes, you, I'm not quite sure what you are...I am...honoured to address this Assembly today. And I can truly say that...we at the Socratesian Mission pledge ourselves to the principles of liberty, equality, and - and that other one. And so, I think, you can see what our vote will be on this resolution. Only one course can be taken. The way is clear. The path lies open. The, uh, the..." Now, which way was he meant to vote again?

"So, in conclusion...uh...let us rise as one to support the paramount of importance of...um, um, that is, to denounce the appalling scourge that is, that is...uh, that is - is that a box of pens?"

He left the podium, to mild applause, to investigate the unattended parcel.

Dizyntk
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dizyntk » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:50 am

Pastalia wrote:
Dizyntk wrote:"Why in Goddess' name do we need a replacement? My nation is perfectly capable of providing for its less fortunate citizens without the WA outlining how it must do so."

So we can assume that you'd be gladly accepting a sudden wave of immigrants from countries less fortunate? I fear this will be the main effect of simply repealing this act: People will realize that their way of living is in danger and flee to those countries who still have an adequate social security system. Your economy might be able to cope with this, but there are many countries who have a tight budget as it is. Sudden immigration waves would destabilize these, creating a spiral of collapse.

"If they are too poor to afford basic welfare then I will assume that they are too poor to afford the research necessary to develop trans-light technology therefore I am little worried about immigrants from said nations. Also, I fail to see how this repeal will affect the ability of nations to establish their own social security systems considering the resolution being repealed offered no monetary assisstance in the first place."

Pastalia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Pastalia » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:01 pm

Dizyntk wrote:
Pastalia wrote:So we can assume that you'd be gladly accepting a sudden wave of immigrants from countries less fortunate? I fear this will be the main effect of simply repealing this act: People will realize that their way of living is in danger and flee to those countries who still have an adequate social security system. Your economy might be able to cope with this, but there are many countries who have a tight budget as it is. Sudden immigration waves would destabilize these, creating a spiral of collapse.

"If they are too poor to afford basic welfare then I will assume that they are too poor to afford the research necessary to develop trans-light technology therefore I am little worried about immigrants from said nations. Also, I fail to see how this repeal will affect the ability of nations to establish their own social security systems considering the resolution being repealed offered no monetary assisstance in the first place."

Very convenient that you are unaffected by your actions, but this is not the point of WA resolutions, is it? Also, not all nations voluntarily invest enough money in welfare – there are nations which rather invest into "Law and Order" to control their discontent population, or the military. They will gladly use the chance to, again, cut back on welfare despite having the necessary budget. While this might not be a problem for you, it will be one for many nations. Think about this resolution as social security for nations instead of people. Sure, it has its issues in its current form, but that doesn't mean it can't be improved.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Connopolis wrote:
Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Susa listened intently to the minister, communing in the Word of God, and he could feel the Holy Spirit moving through him. Quietly he pondered the arguments from the Connopolian speaker, and began to consider his true, devilish nature: a stubborn and unyielding old man, deeply self-righteous and cynical to the point of actually quoting Scripture to justify his wickedness, coming from a nation with the word "con" in its name...and as the Spirit continued to work in Susa, the holy reverend's condemnations of the Connopolian's false and ungodly character affected him greatly, and he could hear the voice of God faintly whispering to him. The sudden realization washed over him like baptismal water. This was no simple misguided diplomat speaking before the WA; this was the Antichrist, masquerading before the noble Parliament of Man, trying desperately to deceive them into holding on to their folly. Susa knew what he had to do. Quietly he bowed his head for a quick moment of prayer.

"Amen," he muttered in resolution, and suddenly started charging straight for the Connopolian minister, roaring with heavenly fury:

"The power of Christ compels me! The power of Christ compels me! The power of Christ compels me--"

He collided violently with the old man, overcoming his instinctive struggles like a giant crushing a baby bird in its fist, dragging the ancient envoy closer and closer to the opened window behind the Connopolian delegation, until they both fell through it, Susa continuing to roar to the heavens to sanctify his justified rage. As they tumbled toward the waiting Vastivan Memorial waters, Susa pulled a small detonator from his jacket pocket. Luckily he'd remembered to put on his best suicide vest for the occasion. But he readied to click the button, they both crashed into the pond, and the water flooded the mechanism, assuring that any attempts by Susa to blow himself and his captive up would not succeed.

As the sopping-wet Kennyite began to realize his failure, he turned angrily on the Connopolian crumpled up beside him in the pool. "This is all your fault," he raged, and began to pummel the helpless old diplomat.

Dr. Forshaw removed his belt, and forced it against Susa's neck - shifting his body weight to the side, he managed to gain control over the situation, and began asphyxiating the shocked Susa. The elderly diplomat removed the cap of his cane to reveal a sharpened blade hidden beneath, but was reluctant to use it, as it would be in bad taste to kill someone in the memorial pool - think of the blood! Next time I get defenstrated... Yes, that would be quite messy... He stood up, and dashed away, taking refuge in the most unholy and sacrilegious building in the entire complex - the World Health Authority. He pushed through the glass revolving door, and wiped his ungodly shoes on the doormat. He climbed down to the basement, and began to remove several objects from his briefcase, inclusive of candles, rags, and other wicked ritual utensils. Setting them up slowly, he adorned himself in dark rags, and began to chant slowly. As his chanting continued, his voice became layered - more and more voices began to emanate from the old man's mouth as the room began to turn a dark shade of crimson, and then black. A thick blackness darker than black - and then nothing.

Dr. Forshaw adjusted his tie as he sat at his delegations desk in the General Assembly Chamber - the current topic at vote was the repeal of his resolution, the Social Assistance Accord. He smirked as Susa came charging at him once more, but this time, he was prepared. Dr. Forshaw picked up his glass of water, and splashed it in the face of the Kennyite, which seemed to bring him to his senses.

"Ambassador, remember your manners. Charging at an old man! Perhaps its time you visited a chapel and repent for your sins?"

Susa froze blankly as the water splashed across his face, and spent a few moments examining his surroundings with befuddlement. Hadn't he just been in the Vastivan Memorial Reflecting Pool, beating the shit out of the douchebag sitting in front of him? (And who did this idiot think he was contending with by splashing him with water? The Wicked Witch of the West?!) Susa could not for the life of him recall how or when he got back in the GA, when the Doctor had found the time to fix himself up, or even what the hell they were voting on; he only remembered one thing: the Connopolian must die! Luckily in this timeline, Susa's suicide vest hadn't been flooded with water.

"ALLAHU AKBAR MUTHAF--"

*KABOOM!!*

Minutes later, Susa stumbled into the Kennyite green room, covered in black soot and thoroughly exhausted. He heaved a dejected sigh and collapsed onto a sofa.

"Aw, Ambassador, you're getting soot all over our nice things!" Riley informed him sardonically. "What's the matter? K-SPAN switch out your suicide vest with a decoy again?"

"Mrmph," Susa grunted into a pillow.

"You'll get them during Sweeps Month," Riley consoled him dully, as he picked up his remote to turn up the sound on the TV. Somehow the GA's constant droning was more entertaining now that everyone's outfits had been ruined.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Brezhniva
Civilian

Founded: Dec 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Explanation?

Postby Brezhniva » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Someone please explain this entire thing to me. I do not understand what this legislation would do for the world. I am a new player. Please, explain. Thank you, my friends. Blessings to you,

Signed,

The Honorable Dictator of Brezhniva Austin Noyes

Reverend Lyndon Love
Attaché

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Reverend Lyndon Love » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:03 pm

Brezhniva wrote:Someone please explain this entire thing to me. I do not understand what this legislation would do for the world. I am a new player. Please, explain. Thank you, my friends. Blessings to you,

Signed,

The Honorable Dictator of Brezhniva Austin Noyes

Friend, this here is a repeal. It's removing a previously passed, ungodly law from the books. A repeal doesn't do anything, just removes the old law. Read the arguments in the repeal and if you agree with them vote 'for'. If you disagree with those arguments and want to keep this ungodly, Satanic law on the books, vote 'against'. God bless you brother Noyes.
The Worldwide Ministry Of Reverend Lyndon Love

Matthew 28:16-20

Alzadia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alzadia » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:02 pm

Dizyntk wrote:
Alzadia wrote:But it doesn't say that all member nations CAN'T have one.

"No it does not. All member nations are free to enact their own welfare programs even when this repeal is passed. In fact they will be free to design said programs to fit their society and budget. Something not completely allowed under the current resolution."

Then the delegation from Alzadia believes the only logical recourse is to repeal the law on the books. That way all member nations can expand or contract their social assistance programs to the necessity they need to.
Yup, I'm the Alzadian Delegate to the WA AND the Prime Minister of it's peoples. At the same time. Because I'm cool like that.

Most Honorable Prime Minister William of Alzadia

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:29 am

"Such a solid majority of nations voting against WA-designed social assistance would seem to speak loudly on the feelings of the matter. Any delegate who designs a new aspect of welfare legislation should keep this in mind. Whatever they write will need to be strong, and loophole-wise as watertight as a mermaid's brassiere."

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:39 am

Southern Patriots wrote:"Such a solid majority of nations voting against WA-designed social assistance would seem to speak loudly on the feelings of the matter. Any delegate who designs a new aspect of welfare legislation should keep this in mind. Whatever they write will need to be strong, and loophole-wise as watertight as a mermaid's brassiere."

This was said during the debate of the Repeal "Safety in Difficult Times":

We will support a repeal of the socialist dreck that is currently being shoved down our throats by the lemming vote.

I guess the pendulum can and does swing both ways. Frankly, I do not see the need to read anything in the numbers, other than which side topped fifty percent.

Yours in debunking fallacies,
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

Southern Patriots
Senator

Founded: Apr 19, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Southern Patriots » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:45 am

Sionis Prioratus wrote:
Southern Patriots wrote:"Such a solid majority of nations voting against WA-designed social assistance would seem to speak loudly on the feelings of the matter. Any delegate who designs a new aspect of welfare legislation should keep this in mind. Whatever they write will need to be strong, and loophole-wise as watertight as a mermaid's brassiere."

This was said during the debate of the Repeal "Safety in Difficult Times":

We will support a repeal of the socialist dreck that is currently being shoved down our throats by the lemming vote.

I guess the pendulum can and does swing both ways. Frankly, I do not see the need to read anything in the numbers, other than which side topped fifty percent.

Yours in debunking fallacies,

"Of course one observation by a delegation you disagree with and have chosen to ignore debunks my own observation. How silly of me." :roll:

"More realistically, you should heed what I said and try to create proposals that will not be victim to the pendulum swing. Otherwise, why bother?"

"Yours in chuckling at your obdurate rivalry with Knotoss's delegation,"

Remember Rhodesia.

On Robert Mugabe:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:He was a former schoolteacher.

I do hope it wasn't in economics.

Panzerjaeger wrote:Why would Cleopatra have cornrows? She is from Egypt not the goddamn Bronx.

Ceannairceach wrote:
Archnar wrote:The Russian Revolution showed a revolution could occure in a quick bloadless and painless process (Nobody was seriously injured or killed).

I doth protest in the name of the Russian Imperial family!
(WIP)

Parti Ouvrier
Minister

Founded: Aug 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Parti Ouvrier » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
The Imperial Republic of New Kyoto wrote:
I would rather stand my ground and attempt to find a more reasonable way of achieving laudable goals so I decline your invitation.

By the way... If the majority decides on repeal of this act... Does that mean YOU will leave?

That would be a tragedy for debate and discourse are the lifeblood of healthy communities.

Bravo I say! We need more people like you who are willing to stand and fight for their sovereignty rather than run and hide like some nations have done.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

We will also defend the democratic sovereignty of all the nations.

Wez Spencer
WA Ambassador to the DRPO
For a voluntary Socialist democratic republic of England, Scotland, Wales and a United Socialist Democratic Federal Republic of Ireland in a United Socialist Europe.
Leave Nato - abolish trident, abolish presidential monarchies (directly elected presidents) and presidential Prime Ministers

Welsh Cowboy
Minister

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Repeal

Postby Welsh Cowboy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm

The delegation of the Republic of Welsh Cowboy strongly supports the repeal of the Social Assistance Accord. We oppose any effort to force World Assembly nations to conform to the mold of a welfare state.
Champions, 53rd Baptism of Fire

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:28 pm

YO! All time's expired on this vote!

The resolution "Repeal 'Social Assistance Accord'" was passed 8,997 votes to 2,248. Tell all of your home nations about it!

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:01 am

We shall overcome!

We shall overcome,
We shall overcome,
We shall overcome, some day.

Oh, deep in my heart, I know there,
I do believe

We shall be alright,
We shall be alright
We shall be alright, some day.

We shall live in peace,
We shall live in peace,
We shall live in peace, some day.

We shall all be free,
We shall all be free,
We shall all be free, some day.

We are not afraid,
We are not afraid,
We are not afraid, today

We shall overcome,
We shall overcome,

I do believe
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

Hiriaurtung Arororugul
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 03, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Hiriaurtung Arororugul » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:13 am

Sionis Prioratus wrote:
We shall overcome!

([url=http://api.ning.com/files/rQmVwAIwN6L6FkoNlQEONzCwsIaWtb*aPBx1Ohl*w-aODj8yNhG*g4MmJt*ytk1aRb0UDreCxc-ghbabMNVhR9RVung6Bo1Z/426746831.jpeg]Image)[/url]

We shall overcome,
We shall overcome,

I do believe

We shall be alright,
We shall be alright
We shall be alright, some day.

We shall live in peace,
We shall live in peace,
We shall live in peace, some day.

We shall all be free,
We shall all be free,
We shall all be free, some day.

We are not afraid,
We are not afraid,
We are not afraid, today

We shall overcome,
We shall overcome,

I do believe

Commie.
Hiriaurtung Arororugul
WA Ambassador
The People of Aundotutunagir

WARNING! This account only posts in-character and will treat all posts directed at it as in-character as well.

Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Knootoss » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:39 am

Celebrations! Free can of Pink Bunny Cola in the strangers' bar!

Ambassador Aram Koopman
World Assembly representative for the Dutch Democratic Republic of Knootoss

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives