NATION

PASSWORD

[DELAYED] Repeal Commend 10000 Islands

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fotar
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 13, 2007
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Fotar » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:03 am

I must say the assumptions that members of raiding groups moving into a new region automatically mean they want to make it a colony are preposterous. In Balder, there are many members from all sides of the spectrum. Those who sympathize with raiders have made many great contributions to the region. It would be a pity to not have them there and Balder would not be going as well as it is without them.

I cannot justify TITO's actions in Osiris as anything but a power grab. Whether or not they felt justified and noble in their intents, they had no more (or less) right to move in than any one else...and they certainly did NOT have the right to remove others.
Founder and Lord Regent of the second Council of Narnia
One-time Delegate of Balder
Progress through Respect. Power through Honor.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:07 am

The VW Bus wrote:I must say, DYP is my favourite poster on this forum. He always says what needs to be said, he doesn't care what people think when he's right, and he doesn't use massive walls of text to get his point across.

And i get ignored a lot because of it :roll:

Well it failed, are we going for another attempt?
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:31 am

Eh.....I'll give it bit to see how the events in Osiris play out.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:15 pm

Won't pass then either :P

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:50 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:
The VW Bus wrote:I must say, DYP is my favourite poster on this forum. He always says what needs to be said, he doesn't care what people think when he's right, and he doesn't use massive walls of text to get his point across.

And i get ignored a lot because of it :roll:

Huh. Thought I heard something. Oh well, time to get back to writing walls of text.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:39 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:And i get ignored a lot because of it :roll:

Huh. Thought I heard something. Oh well, time to get back to writing walls of text.

I like writing walls of text, it makes you feel special. Plus this Osiris thing made me write a lot of it. ;)

PS: Can really ramble on about anything for cookies.
Last edited by New Rogernomics on Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Just Guy
Envoy

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Just Guy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Crazy girl wrote:
Grub wrote:One thing that Skyrim got right is that we hate Nazi's. I am sorry if Skyrim loves NAZI EUROPE, but guess what, that region is filled with people that want to associate themselves with NAZI's! Nazi's and people that think like that are bad people. Slime of the earth. That is why we have beaten Nazi's on the battlefield and will continue to stand against them every chance we get. So, Skyrim, you may be pro-Nazi, but we definitely are not.

Unofficial warn for trolling. Calling nazis "slime of the earth" is not appropiate.

Interesting ruling. Is this forum-wide, or just SC?

Poor Nazis getting trolled. Feel so much sympathy for the genocidal scum.

Feel free to warn be / ban me / whatever you feel is appropriate.

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:It seems some types from XKI have taken it upon themselves to spam attack our forums now as well. If we didn't have a reason to repeal this commendation, we certainly do now. Some classy members you have there, TITO.

Bullshit. You've got virtually no evidence. It could be anyone. The fact that you jumped the gun and blamed it on TITO would actually suggest you had a hand in that...

While I don't especially like TITO's involvement in Osiris, nothing in this resolution merits a repeal of a Commendation given for 7 years of hard work.

Andacantra wrote:What makes you think the invaders needed to be "defeated"? Do you think we're totally incapable of putting that part of us aside in order to run fair elections? (I dunno, much in the way you have). Y'know, our sole purpose of existence isn't to be totally imperialistic jerks (not that that's even part of mine). We -are- able to be a part of a normal regional community. I'm also not gonna argue AMOM hasn't done a good job with the elections - he has - but he's not the only person, and you're not the only people, capable of running fair elections.

Abbey speaks sense, though. As you can see in my own region, TRR -- a sinker, by the way -- Invader involvement in regions isn't necessarily a bad thing. They're fully capable at running a region, just like neutrals or Defenders.
Last edited by Just Guy on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
Elindra doing the Defenders' propaganda for the day:
Kshrlmnt wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:Defenders are naturally disadvantaged in NationStates

One thing I like about raiding.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Just Guy wrote:
Crazy girl wrote:
Unofficial warn for trolling. Calling nazis "slime of the earth" is not appropiate.

Interesting ruling. Is this forum-wide, or just SC?

Site:
One Stop Rules Shop wrote:Trolling: Posts that are made with the aim of angering people. (like 'ALL JEWS ARE [insert vile comment here]' for example).

We have Nazis on this site, as Grub acknowledged with his reference to Nazi Europe. You might not like them, but it doesn't mean you get to troll them - they're as entitled to use this site as you are.
Just Guy wrote:Poor Nazis getting trolled. Feel so much sympathy for the genocidal scum.

Sure, *** warned *** for ignoring a mod's instructions and trolling.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:09 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
One Stop Rules Shop wrote:Trolling: Posts that are made with the aim of angering people. (like 'ALL JEWS ARE [insert vile comment here]' for example).

We have Nazis on this site, as Grub acknowledged with his reference to Nazi Europe. You might not like them, but it doesn't mean you get to troll them - they're as entitled to use this site as you are.

Not trying to stir up trouble; just noting the irony of the specific wording of that quote from the One Stop Rules Shop considering the people it is currently being used to defend. How did Nazis become the subject of attention, again? I thought this conversation was about the commendation of 10000 Islands.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Like EW said, Godwin's Law is in full swing here.
Last edited by Skyrim Diplomacy on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guy
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Guy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:42 pm

Godwin's law? I hadn't even related it to the proposal at hand, nor used it as a way to defend 10ki.

Just a protest.
Commander of the Rejected Realms Army

[violet] wrote:Never underestimate the ability of admin to do nothing.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:35 am

I think what AMOM is trying to do is to get everyone back on topic. Just like I'm doing now.
Back on topic, everyone.

New Rogernomics
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Rogernomics » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:22 am

Fotar wrote:I cannot justify TITO's actions in Osiris as anything but a power grab. Whether or not they felt justified and noble in their intents, they had no more (or less) right to move in than any one else...and they certainly did NOT have the right to remove others.

Oh, well I have found my encounters with 10k/TITO intellectually fascinating, I wouldn't be bothered particularly if I hadn't found something unethical about Osiris, from a sovereignty stand point, certainly it is interesting that preemptive action is now part of their military strategy, it certainly collapses their defender ethos* ;)

*There is little difference between a preemptive strike to stop the spreading of an ideology or government system, and an invasion (they have the same result, whether you claim to be liberating or saving a region from unbenign influence). If this was not a security council forum I would go into that further in RL terms.

Edit: Those edits were because I didn't know what emote to use.
Last edited by New Rogernomics on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Herald (Vice-Delegate) of Lazarus
"Solidarity forever..."
Hoping for Peace in Israel and Palestine
  • Former First Citizen (PM) of Lazarus
  • Former Proedroi (Minister) of Foreign Affairs of Lazarus
  • Former Lazarus Delegate (Humane Republic of Lazarus, 2015)
  • Minister of Culture & Media (Humane Republic of Lazarus)
  • Foreign Minister of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Senator of The Ascendancy (RIP, and purged)
  • Interior Commissioner of Lazarus (Pre-People's Republic of Lazarus)
  • At some point a member of the Grey family...then father vanished...
  • Foreign Minister of The Last Kingdom (RIP)
  • ADN:DSA Rep for Eastern Roman Empire
  • Honoratus Servant of the Holy Land (Eastern Roman Empire)
  • UN/WA Delegate of Trans Atlantice (RIP)

Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:22 pm

The Enigmatic Nation wrote:Come now, there's always a risk, however slight. It would take a miracle on the part of raiders or a tremendous run of bad luck on our part, but it's there. Didn't someone say something in this thread about power and complacency going hand in hand? I wouldn't want to prove them right by thinking us invincible. That's just not smart planning.

Are you implying it's possible for 510+ raiders to seize the delegacy in XKI, compounded with the chance that Grub won't notice/will go inactive? Are there even 510+ active, well-trained raiders?
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Cerberion
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2010
Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Connopolis wrote:
The Enigmatic Nation wrote:Come now, there's always a risk, however slight. It would take a miracle on the part of raiders or a tremendous run of bad luck on our part, but it's there. Didn't someone say something in this thread about power and complacency going hand in hand? I wouldn't want to prove them right by thinking us invincible. That's just not smart planning.

Are you implying it's possible for 510+ raiders to seize the delegacy in XKI, compounded with the chance that Grub won't notice/will go inactive? Are there even 510+ active, well-trained raiders?

He did say a run of bad luck.

Nobody claims it's likely.

Ananke II
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ananke II » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:05 pm

Connopolis wrote:Are you implying it's possible for 510+ raiders to seize the delegacy in XKI, compounded with the chance that Grub won't notice/will go inactive? Are there even 510+ active, well-trained raiders?

Well, endorsements swapping can get you pretty high up and raiders did manage to get Grub deleted once, so you never know.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:49 am

If 500 raiders update jumped into XKI would the game crash? :blink:

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 22, 2003

Postby Flemingovia » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:41 am

Sedgistan wrote:
Just Guy wrote:Interesting ruling. Is this forum-wide, or just SC?

Site:

Just Guy wrote:Poor Nazis getting trolled. Feel so much sympathy for the genocidal scum.

Sure, *** warned *** for ignoring a mod's instructions and trolling.

Did you mean "cite" rather than "site"?

Any chance we can have a list of things it is appropriate to call Nazis? In teh UK politicians have a tradition of using latin where the english is unwelcome. Could we call Nazis "Limo Mundi" rather than "slime of the earth"? "Spumae Genocidii" rather than "genocidal scum"?
IMPORTANT: Before reading this post please read the terms and conditions below. By accessing this post you signify your acceptance, full and in part, of those terms and conditions:

http://img808.imageshack.us/i/disclaimer.jpg/

Cerberion
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:42 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:If 500 raiders update jumped into XKI would the game crash? :blink:

I think the game would sure get a bit bogged down :P

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:40 am

Flemingovia wrote:Did you mean "cite" rather than "site"?

No, I meant 'site' as in 'site-wide', my response to the question of whether it was a forum-wide rule or just one for the SC.

Flemingovia wrote:Any chance we can have a list of things it is appropriate to call Nazis? In teh UK politicians have a tradition of using latin where the english is unwelcome. Could we call Nazis "Limo Mundi" rather than "slime of the earth"? "Spumae Genocidii" rather than "genocidal scum"?

I'd suggest you read the rules, particularly the sections on trolling and rules lawyers. Once you've done that, see the part about thread hijacking, and refrain from doing so here.

Ginet
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Ginet » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Sedge is right. While my WA representative would be glad to give his opinion of Nazis (purely IC of course ;) ), this isn't the place for that.

Regarding 10K Islands, while I'm not thrilled with pre-emptive liberations, it does seem that things ended up well enough in Osiris. I'm currently undecided on this proposal.

The Enigmatic Nation
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby The Enigmatic Nation » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Connopolis wrote:Are you implying it's possible for 510+ raiders to seize the delegacy in XKI, compounded with the chance that Grub won't notice/will go inactive? Are there even 510+ active, well-trained raiders?

As Cerberion so thoughtfully pointed out, I did say it would take a miracle or a tremendous run of bad luck for that to happen. To use the old expression the stars would have to align. No one is saying that this is a real possibility right now or even in the foreseeable future. All I am saying is that it pays to be prepared regardless. Though I must admit that seeing 510 nations perform a coordinated jump would be an impressive sight. Watching TITO make a perfectly timed jump has always been my favorite part of a mission.
Charlemagne Enig, The Enigmatic Ambassador to the Council of Nine and Delegate of 10000 Islands

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:35 am

Ananke II wrote:

Well, endorsements swapping can get you pretty high up and raiders did manage to get Grub deleted once, so you never know.

Ever the paranoid, eh?
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Cerberion
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cerberion » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:34 am

Cinistra wrote:
Ananke II wrote:Well, endorsements swapping can get you pretty high up and raiders did manage to get Grub deleted once, so you never know.

Ever the paranoid, eh?

I'm paranoid. It only takes once to pay off.

B777LR
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby B777LR » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:09 am

Ananke II wrote:

Now that you mention it Ananke II, that does seem quite possible... Although it is still quite unlikely.
A Proud Citizen of the 10000 Islands!
Thin people are beautiful, but fat people are ADORABLE! -Jackie Gleason
A people free to choose will always choose peace. -Ronald Reagan
Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature. -Gerard De Nerval
DEFCON 5 - Peace
DEFCON 4 - Increased Tensions
DEFCON 3 - War Imminent
DEFCON 2 - War
DEFCON 1 - Nuclear Holocaust
Economic Left/Right: 3.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.15
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your signature.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council