NATION

PASSWORD

A Princess and a Rose(IC,MT,Semi-Closed,TG or OOC for Entry)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Ali-Zebu Union wrote:Saysun had not realized she had switched languages on that last word and was feeling a little embarrassed for doing so, but did not dwell on it for too long. “You are too modest Saxon. Well, um, szévasem means something like “my sweet.” " Saxon’s blushing face was hard to miss. “I hope I didn’t do anything wrong.” A small smile was upon her lips as here cheeks retained their rosy hue.

"No, you didn't," said Saxon quietly, her eyes searching Saysun's. "Oh my, for a peaceful place Ali-Zebu certainly has some things go whirling around your head! I really do love this place, and I really do like you even though we have just met. You are so lovely, you are like the epitome of your country's people. But perhaps that is because this is a place where people are a little more free to be themselves, to be the best that they can be. It is a little like being drunk, for me.

The woman laughed. “I like you Perrin. You are honest and not without honor. Now get ready to hear something that I speak to very few, and make sure to keep your dry suit properly sealed.” She walked closer to Perrin and spoke quietly into her ear. “I was born with the name of Jezrah upon my brow. Take of that what you will.” She then stepped back and examined Perrin’s response with her amber eyes.

Perrin listened, and then considered, and said, "Wait, do you mean you're the goddess Jezrah, or that you're named after her? I'm confused." Perrin said this frankly; he did not take it as a blow to his masculinity or ego to be confused, because confusion merely meant to him that things hadn't been made clear to him. Once they were, he would act like Perrin Pahath-Moab, since that was who he was. He considered and then brightened. "But I like you too. Goddess or no goddess."
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:40 am

"No, you didn't," said Saxon quietly, her eyes searching Saysun's. "Oh my, for a peaceful place Ali-Zebu certainly has some things go whirling around your head! I really do love this place, and I really do like you even though we have just met. You are so lovely, you are like the epitome of your country's people. But perhaps that is because this is a place where people are a little more free to be themselves, to be the best that they can be. It is a little like being drunk, for me.

Saysun’s eyes were smiling as Saxon’s searched her own. She was feeling a little giddy. “I am very happy to hear you say these things Saxon. You have certainly given a great appreciation for your home and my own.” She smiled gently. “You also have a way of making me appreciate you more and more. Your kindness, grace, and beauty are very endearing. Please take your time to take everything in. If you want to move things farther, then I will wait until you are ready to do so, szévasem”

Perrin listened, and then considered, and said, "Wait, do you mean you're the goddess Jezrah, or that you're named after her? I'm confused." Perrin said this frankly; he did not take it as a blow to his masculinity or ego to be confused, because confusion merely meant to him that things hadn't been made clear to him. Once they were, he would act like Perrin Pahath-Moab, since that was who he was. He considered and then brightened. "But I like you too. Goddess or no goddess."

The woman laughed again. “I am no goddess Perrin. Just a woman with a penchant for travel, a love of acting , and a damn gorgeous pair of eyes. My Helladrian friend is not incorrect when he says that I tend to have a little fun with people I meet. So just call me whatever you wish, be it Annette or Jezrah. And if you want to treat me like a goddess, I won’t complain.” She was smiling broadly and seemed quite jovial.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Embassy Program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145435#p7315322
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331
Princess and a Rose: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145904#p7342328
Nations Within the Ali-Zebu Sphere: Kamseong, Orqosuyu, Anathaat

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:43 am

Arsenolia wrote:"We do have women teams, but not as many fans come to the games, as they usually spend money on the men games.
women games are really rare though, which helps the amount of fans go up."

Meili looked interested in what she heard. Perhaps not much competition to be had then. "Things are quite different here. Considering that men don't play sports professionally, all money goes into women's sports."

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331

Arsenolia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arsenolia » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:14 pm

Ali-Zebu Union wrote:
Arsenolia wrote:"We do have women teams, but not as many fans come to the games, as they usually spend money on the men games.
women games are really rare though, which helps the amount of fans go up."

Meili looked interested in what she heard. Perhaps not much competition to be had then. "Things are quite different here. Considering that men don't play sports professionally, all money goes into women's sports."

Francis thought about this a moment. "That is quite interesting. If men do not play sports, what do they do. Men in our land actually do a lot of things, but in the mountains where our 2nd biggest city is, largest being Cloudsdale, we have space for ground sports, and mountains nearby give us opportunity for skiing and many other things. I don't think you could see many unfit people in my country. What do the men do for a living here?"
If you happen to be one of those people who cannot figure out the obvious, let me tell you that I like the Arsenal soccer team. This sport is more commonly known as football.

Helladria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:03 am

"Dare I say, I think he's smitten with you, Jezrah," Svenge said, putting extra emphasis on the name the woman decided to assume for her little masquerade. "I'm a bit new to this kind of thing. So do you have any idea what we can expect tonight?" he asked as he turned to grab a piece of bread that sat on the table in front of him.

He sat chewing the bread for a moment before announcing rather abruptly, "You know, I think I'm going to go congratulate the happy couple. Are you coming Rebecca?" he asked before cramming the rest of the loaf into his mouth.

At first she hesitated, but then looked at Annette standing behind her and seemed to come to the unannounced conclusion that failure to accompany the Helladrian Emperor would be improper.

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:32 am

"Arsenolia"

Francis thought about this a moment. "That is quite interesting. If men do not play sports, what do they do. Men in our land actually do a lot of things, but in the mountains where our 2nd biggest city is, largest being Cloudsdale, we have space for ground sports, and mountains nearby give us opportunity for skiing and many other things. I don't think you could see many unfit people in my country. What do the men do for a living here?"

Meili answered Francis quickly and without much thought. “If men do work, then they typically do so in a job that requires little skill or education. Of course, if they have been sent to one of the men’s universities, then they might work under someone in their field. It is not uncommon for them to work at the same location as their wives. While men don’t play sports professionally, they participate in some outside of the professional arena.”

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:04 am

Helladria wrote:"Dare I say, I think he's smitten with you, Jezrah," Svenge said, putting extra emphasis on the name the woman decided to assume for her little masquerade. "I'm a bit new to this kind of thing. So do you have any idea what we can expect tonight?" he asked as he turned to grab a piece of bread that sat on the table in front of him.

He sat chewing the bread for a moment before announcing rather abruptly, "You know, I think I'm going to go congratulate the happy couple. Are you coming Rebecca?" he asked before cramming the rest of the loaf into his mouth.

At first she hesitated, but then looked at Annette standing behind her and seemed to come to the unannounced conclusion that failure to accompany the Helladrian Emperor would be improper.

Annette, Jezrah, whatever assumed name you wished to use, chuckled and answered without hesitating. “A nice dinner and a big party afterwards. Lots of booze, music, and dancing. How well can you take your liquor my friend? Are either of you decent dancers? Anyway, we can speak more later if we are not too drunk.”

Tatiana laughed as Svenge approached and popped a date into Yesmin’s mouth. Yesmin flicked Tatiana’s forehead playfully before noticing that someone was getting close. She turned her head and noticed someone she had not seen in a while. Tatiana followed her gaze and whispered into Yesmin’s ear. Yesmin whispered back and Tatiana checked to make sure she was still presentable and made sure her hair was still in place. Yesmin got up and bowed politely in Svenge’s direction greeted Rebecca with the typical embrace. “It is nice to meet you again Emperor Svenge and I hope you are enjoying yourself.” She looked toward Rebecca. “It is also a pleasure to meet you. What might your name be?”

Tatiana was a little nervous but did what she often did and just acted. “It is so awesome to meet the two of you. You make a cute couple. Maybe, if Yesi doesn’t get too jealous, when can dance later.” She was smiling as she looked Yesmin’s face. Yesmin pretended to roll her eyes before putting an arm around Tatiana’s waist.”

Helladria
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:52 am

"Surely you jest, madam?" Svenge answered. "It is inappropriate for someone my age to consume liquor. It'll stunt my growth, besides. Then again, I couldn't turn down a nice wine or mead," he said before heading off.

As he walked, the excess of bread he had crammed into his mouth resisted mastication and fought his attempts to swallow. He stopped for a moment, and swallowed, which pushed the partially chewed bread half way down his throat where it became stuck. He swallowed again, pushing it only a little further. As the bread pressed against his windpipe, he found it difficult to breath, and turned back to his table for some water. When he finally washed down the obstruction, the redness in his face began to subside, and he re-assumed his normal composure. "Good bread," he said turning to Nobuo.

On his second attempt, Svenge finally made it to the table of the engaged. "Mesommer," he said bowing, having left his ax at his table. He addressed Yesmin first, "It is a pleasure to meet you again, princess." He looked on, as Yesmin embraced Rebecca, wondering why these people felt the need to engage in so much touching.

"I beg your pardon, but I do believe you have met ohm. Rebecca was with me when we were back in New Edom," he explained, while Rebecca traced lines with her finger tips up and down Yesmin's back. "And of course, with festivities like these, I would have to be quite a stuck in the mud, not to enjoy them. More importantly though, how are you enjoying your own evening? It is a big night for the two of you after all. Though, maybe not as big as tomorrow."

He listened as Tatiana spoke, and gave his response. "Then I shall make good on your offer and lay claim to a dance with you this evening," Svenge said looking directly into Tatiana's eyes, before turning back to Yesmin and continuing, "should your betrothed grant you leave."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:35 am

Ali-Zebu Union wrote:
Saysun’s eyes were smiling as Saxon’s searched her own. She was feeling a little giddy. “I am very happy to hear you say these things Saxon. You have certainly given a great appreciation for your home and my own.” She smiled gently. “You also have a way of making me appreciate you more and more. Your kindness, grace, and beauty are very endearing. Please take your time to take everything in. If you want to move things farther, then I will wait until you are ready to do so, szévasem”

Saxon said softly, "How is it that all your people have such grace and goodness?" she blinked tears in her eyes. "How is it that there is such peace here? Sometimes I feel I would never want to leave...it is more than desire in my body, but in my deepest heart." she blushed. "I am an Ambassador, I should not say such things. But I feel as though I love this country very deeply."

The woman laughed again. “I am no goddess Perrin. Just a woman with a penchant for travel, a love of acting , and a damn gorgeous pair of eyes. My Helladrian friend is not incorrect when he says that I tend to have a little fun with people I meet. So just call me whatever you wish, be it Annette or Jezrah. And if you want to treat me like a goddess, I won’t complain.” She was smiling broadly and seemed quite jovial.

"I like both of them, so I'll call you one of them at whim." said Perrin. "And how does one treat a goddess?" he asked curiously. "Never met one before. But I have met Princess Yesmin--briefly--and other important people. And Tatiana, but she probably doesn't remember me, she seems to have some kind of aversion to uniforms." He looked at her thoughtfully. "You do have gorgeous eyes, in fact gorgeous everything. So you're an actress, or what is it you do? Intelligence ops is it?"
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Helladria wrote:"Surely you jest, madam?" Svenge answered. "It is inappropriate for someone my age to consume liquor. It'll stunt my growth, besides. Then again, I couldn't turn down a nice wine or mead," he said before heading off.

As he walked, the excess of bread he had crammed into his mouth resisted mastication and fought his attempts to swallow. He stopped for a moment, and swallowed, which pushed the partially chewed bread half way down his throat where it became stuck. He swallowed again, pushing it only a little further. As the bread pressed against his windpipe, he found it difficult to breath, and turned back to his table for some water. When he finally washed down the obstruction, the redness in his face began to subside, and he re-assumed his normal composure. "Good bread," he said turning to Nobuo.

On his second attempt, Svenge finally made it to the table of the engaged. "Mesommer," he said bowing, having left his ax at his table. He addressed Yesmin first, "It is a pleasure to meet you again, princess." He looked on, as Yesmin embraced Rebecca, wondering why these people felt the need to engage in so much touching.

"I beg your pardon, but I do believe you have met ohm. Rebecca was with me when we were back in New Edom," he explained, while Rebecca traced lines with her finger tips up and down Yesmin's back. "And of course, with festivities like these, I would have to be quite a stuck in the mud, not to enjoy them. More importantly though, how are you enjoying your own evening? It is a big night for the two of you after all. Though, maybe not as big as tomorrow."

He listened as Tatiana spoke, and gave his response. "Then I shall make good on your offer and lay claim to a dance with you this evening," Svenge said looking directly into Tatiana's eyes, before turning back to Yesmin and continuing, "should your betrothed grant you leave."

“You are right Svenge. I let me apologize for forgetting your name Rebecca,” she gave Rebecca an apologetic gesture, “I am enjoying things very much. Everyone has been so friendly and kind during all of this. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself.” Tatiana had glared at Rebecca during Yesmin’s greeting. She did not appreciate how the younger woman had touched her fiancé, but she held her tongue. Tatiana forgot about Rebecca’s indiscretion when Svenge mentioned the next day.

Tatiana looked excited. “I convinced Yesi take a honeymoon. Can you believe they don’t do that here? I can’t wait to see where we go!” Yesmin actually rolled her eyes this time. “ I think you might have given away the surprise Tati.” A look of “Oops” crossed Tatiana’s face as she shrugged her shoulders. “I guess I just got too excited.” Yesmin looked over her shoulder briefly. “It looks like the main course and the drinks are arriving. I hope you will enjoy what we have to offer Svenge and Rebecca.”

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:06 pm

Saxon said softly, "How is it that all your people have such grace and goodness?" she blinked tears in her eyes. "How is it that there is such peace here? Sometimes I feel I would never want to leave...it is more than desire in my body, but in my deepest heart." she blushed. "I am an Ambassador, I should not say such things. But I feel as though I love this country very deeply."

“The peace we have here was won through time effort Saxon. And though we are not perfect, there are many things that we hold dear. Compassion, kindness, strength, and patience are virtues that come with the wisdom we are asked to embrace.” Saysun noticed that the drinks were arriving and waved over someone carrying a pair of large ceramic pitchers. The pitchers were placed on the table along with a trio cups of the same ceramic. One pitcher held water and the other held a thick, syrupy deep purple liquid with the aroma of grapes and alcohol. “How about we enjoy a little drink while we wait for Perrin to finish, szévasem? Make sure you dilute the wine with some water, unless of course you feel like getting drunk very quickly.” Saysun showed Saxon what she meant and took a drink before offering Saxon one. The wine was intense without being harsh and with a mild sweetness and brightness. Saysun’s knee gently touched Saxon’s.

"I like both of them, so I'll call you one of them at whim." said Perrin. "And how does one treat a goddess?" he asked curiously. "Never met one before. But I have met Princess Yesmin--briefly--and other important people. And Tatiana, but she probably doesn't remember me, she seems to have some kind of aversion to uniforms." He looked at her thoughtfully. "You do have gorgeous eyes, in fact gorgeous everything. So you're an actress, or what is it you do? Intelligence ops is it?"

“Then I shall be glad to accept both names Perrin,” she grinned widely. “If you wish to treat me like a goddess, then there are a few things you need to do. First, you need to shower me with offerings. Second, you must pledge your undying devotion to me. And third, you must spread my word to the world.” A mischievous look crossed her face. “Oh, and you must sacrifice ten virgins in my name.” She laughed. “Jesting aside, I have taken a few bit roles in television. I made a few appearances in Professor What but the producers said I really didn’t “pop” on the screen. I decided to travel after that and have spent more years away from home than at it. I perform where and when I can. I suppose I do some intelligence work as well. I do not serve any nation though and do so out of sense adventure and curiosity. The more challenging it is to work my way into a place, the better.” She saw the wait staff approaching with food and drink. “How about we continue this conversation while we eat and drink Perrin? Oh, and I do love it when people compliment me.” She put a hand on Perrin’s back and led him back to his seat before sitting down beside him.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Saxon sipped the wine and smiled. "Mmm...it's very nice. So are you. Oh...here comes Perrin with...someone." said the young woman raising an eyebrow as Perrin arrived with his companion. "This is Annette," said Perrin, "A woman of many names, and who has lived in many lands, and she's a woman of mystery so I thought I should keep an eye on her." He had been mildly surprised at her pushing him however gently by the back--women here seemed to feel they were in charge or something. Curious. "Wine eh? Let's have some. What shall we drink to? Victory over the EIO?"

"Perrin!" said Saxon sharply.

"How about to the 14th?" offered Perrin, not losing a beat.

Saxon sighed. "Honestly, friends, how do you deal with men like this in your country?"

"There are no men like me." said Perrin firmly. An idea came to him. "The Queen!" he offered, raising his cup.

Helladria
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:09 am

"Think nothing of it, your highness," Rebecca said to Yesmin, demonstrating an uncharacteristic level of poise. She actually looked slightly dejected, as they separated.

"So you don't know where you're going?" Svenge asked the royal couple. Apparently, some surprise was spoiled but he wasn't quite sure what. "Well if the two of you are willing to brave the bitter cold, you could always travel to Ashria and see what all the commotion's about with their hot springs. I hear they're popular with winter anniversary goers. I can't understand it myself; you know, being stuck virtually naked with someone in a pool of hot water, with nothing to do for hours on end but take refuge from the cold. Surprisingly, some people actually seem like it."

Svenge's face then changed to an expression of realisation. "Oh unless you mean that the two of you were keeping it a secret from everyone else. Well don't worry," he said smiling. "I promise that your uneventful post wedding plans are safe with me." He then gave an exaggerated wink, that was all too likely to attract the attention of onlookers.

As the drinks were served, Svenge poured some water to mix with the concentrated wine. Rebecca had different plans, however. She poured her own glass of the syrupy liquid and proceeded to drink it straight. She licked her lips in approval and motioned for a second round.

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:28 pm

New Edom wrote:Saxon sipped the wine and smiled. "Mmm...it's very nice. So are you. Oh...here comes Perrin with...someone." said the young woman raising an eyebrow as Perrin arrived with his companion. "This is Annette," said Perrin, "A woman of many names, and who has lived in many lands, and she's a woman of mystery so I thought I should keep an eye on her." He had been mildly surprised at her pushing him however gently by the back--women here seemed to feel they were in charge or something. Curious. "Wine eh? Let's have some. What shall we drink to? Victory over the EIO?"

Saxon sighed. "Honestly, friends, how do you deal with men like this in your country?"

"There are no men like me." said Perrin firmly. An idea came to him. "The Queen!" he offered, raising his cup.

Annette and Saysun both raised their glasses. “To the Queen!” Anette glanced over at the other two women while she toasted. A look or realization crossed her face and she addressed Saysun. “I am not sure if you remember me Saysun, but we met couple of years ago. I think it was when you first moved to this city. You had been so excited to move into your flat that you forgot to put in your contact lenses.” Saysun focused her attention on Annette. She looked vaguely familiar. “I do remember helping me out that day, though so much has happened since then so I apologize if I don’t recognize you, Annette.” Saysun had squinted a bit while speaking with Annette.

Annette smiled. “One second. And you might want to avert your gaze Perrin. I can not have you staring at my legs.” She then pulled her dress up a little bit and removed a small green case that she had strapped to it before letting the fabric fall back down. “If you have trouble remembering me, the perhaps you have forgotten the promise I made you that day.” She then pulled a pair of slim, rimless glasses from the case and rested them on Saysun’s nose. Saysun looked a little surprise and confused. “How did you know and have you been carrying these around with you the past couple of years?” Annette laughed a little bit. “You were squinting dear and I only started carrying them around when I returned to the city.” She then turned to Saxon. “Are you related to Perrin in some way? You certainly seem more restrained than he is, though I do find his exuberance to be charming.” “To be young and full of promise,” is what she thought while considering the three around her and the couple that was being celebrated.

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:40 pm

Helladria wrote:"Think nothing of it, your highness," Rebecca said to Yesmin, demonstrating an uncharacteristic level of poise. She actually looked slightly dejected, as they separated.

"So you don't know where you're going?" Svenge asked the royal couple. Apparently, some surprise was spoiled but he wasn't quite sure what. "Well if the two of you are willing to brave the bitter cold, you could always travel to Ashria and see what all the commotion's about with their hot springs. I hear they're popular with winter anniversary goers. I can't understand it myself; you know, being stuck virtually naked with someone in a pool of hot water, with nothing to do for hours on end but take refuge from the cold. Surprisingly, some people actually seem like it."

Svenge's face then changed to an expression of realisation. "Oh unless you mean that the two of you were keeping it a secret from everyone else. Well don't worry," he said smiling. "I promise that your uneventful post wedding plans are safe with me." He then gave an exaggerated wink, that was all too likely to attract the attention of onlookers.

As the drinks were served, Svenge poured some water to mix with the concentrated wine. Rebecca had different plans, however. She poured her own glass of the syrupy liquid and proceeded to drink it straight. She licked her lips in approval and motioned for a second round.

Yesmin smiled. “We will take a look into that Svenge. I have heard that Ashria is a lovely place. I have not been myself, but my mother has spoken well of it. This tradition of “honeymoons” sounds like a nice one. Tatiana had perked up at the mention of hot springs. “I have always wanted to visit a hot spring Yesi.” She then gave Yesmin an eager look and then her sweetest smile. Yesmin gave Tatiana a little squeeze which resulted in a giggle. “I suppose we can add that to the list, Tati.”

Yesmin watched Svenge and Rebecca each drink their wine. “It seems you are really liking the wine Rebecca. It is a style unlike many you might find in the world. It is a specialty of the region near the city of Mehaal which is made in much the same fashion that it was in the Bronze Age. A very ancient type of wine and one that can fetch a high price.” She looked as Rebecca signaled for another drink and leaned toward Svenge. “She can really take her wine.” Tatiana then decided to try the wine undiluted. She took a small drink and held her head for a moment afterward. She then grabbed another glass and diluted it instead drinking it straight. Her cheeks had gained a slightly rosy hue.

The smell of the main course wafted into the dining room as the wait staff started to bring in trays of food.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:23 am

Ali-Zebu Union wrote:
New Edom wrote:Saxon sipped the wine and smiled. "Mmm...it's very nice. So are you. Oh...here comes Perrin with...someone." said the young woman raising an eyebrow as Perrin arrived with his companion. "This is Annette," said Perrin, "A woman of many names, and who has lived in many lands, and she's a woman of mystery so I thought I should keep an eye on her." He had been mildly surprised at her pushing him however gently by the back--women here seemed to feel they were in charge or something. Curious. "Wine eh? Let's have some. What shall we drink to? Victory over the EIO?"

Annette and Saysun both raised their glasses. “To the Queen!” Anette glanced over at the other two women while she toasted. A look or realization crossed her face and she addressed Saysun. “I am not sure if you remember me Saysun, but we met couple of years ago. I think it was when you first moved to this city. You had been so excited to move into your flat that you forgot to put in your contact lenses.” Saysun focused her attention on Annette. She looked vaguely familiar. “I do remember helping me out that day, though so much has happened since then so I apologize if I don’t recognize you, Annette.” Saysun had squinted a bit while speaking with Annette.

Annette smiled. “One second. And you might want to avert your gaze Perrin. I can not have you staring at my legs.” She then pulled her dress up a little bit and removed a small green case that she had strapped to it before letting the fabric fall back down. “If you have trouble remembering me, the perhaps you have forgotten the promise I made you that day.” She then pulled a pair of slim, rimless glasses from the case and rested them on Saysun’s nose. Saysun looked a little surprise and confused. “How did you know and have you been carrying these around with you the past couple of years?” Annette laughed a little bit. “You were squinting dear and I only started carrying them around when I returned to the city.” She then turned to Saxon. “Are you related to Perrin in some way? You certainly seem more restrained than he is, though I do find his exuberance to be charming.” “To be young and full of promise,” is what she thought while considering the three around her and the couple that was being celebrated.

"I am his cousin, I am Saxon Shalmaneser, the New Edomite Ambassador," she said, feeling somehow shy with this sophisticated woman.

Perrin didn't avert his eyes, but had an admiring smile on his face. "you are very beautiful, Annette. If this were three hundred years earlier I would have you over my saddle in a moment. As it is now, I'd like to get to know you better. Though I'm also drawn to Saysun very much as well." He looked very thoughtful. Polygamy was legal in Lookinghaven; he'd have to consider that. "Which of you likes dogs more?"

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:33 am

"New Edom"

"I am his cousin, I am Saxon Shalmaneser, the New Edomite Ambassador," she said, feeling somehow shy with this sophisticated woman.

Perrin didn't avert his eyes, but had an admiring smile on his face. "you are very beautiful, Annette. If this were three hundred years earlier I would have you over my saddle in a moment. As it is now, I'd like to get to know you better. Though I'm also drawn to Saysun very much as well." He looked very thoughtful. Polygamy was legal in Lookinghaven; he'd have to consider that. "Which of you likes dogs more?"

Annette smiled kindly at Saxon. “It is lovely to make your acquaintance Saxon. I hope you are enjoying yourself in my hometown.” She then discreetly observed the body language of Saysun and Saxon as Perrin spoke. After observing what she had intended to, she was reminded why she loved attending ceremonies like these. She laughed when Perrin finished speaking.

“I could say the same to you Perrin. Of course, if I remember my history lessons correctly, we stopped throwing men across our saddles several centuries before you. If you want to know a little more about me, let me offer you a little tidbit. I was able to get into this little celebration because I actually know someone with a little pull. I will give you a little reward if you can guess who.”

She then feigned a yawn and made a very obvious gesture in the prime minister’s direction.

“Dogs, eh? Well I remember Saysun going on about her horse and a little calico kitten when we met a couple of years back. I do not recall her mentioning anything about dogs though.”

Saysun became more curious as Annette spoke. “You have a remarkable memory, Anette.” Annette grinned. “Well, when you travel as much as I do and have some the hobbies that I do, a good memory comes in handy. And Perrin, I love dogs. No other creature can match their loyalty and courage.”

Saysun glanced over at Saxon as if to ask what she thought of all of this.

The serving staff started laying plates in front of all the guests. The dishes represented the heritages and preferences of the betrothed couple’s mothers. Schwäbisch dishes such as linsen mit spätzle, maultaschen in a vegetable broth, and of course kartoffel salat represented the Tatiana’s mother, Katja. Things like ash-e anar, tah-chin, fesenjan with white rice, and mirza-qasemi represented Yesmin’s mother, Queen Saysun IV.
Last edited by Ali-Zebu Union on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:24 am

Ali-Zebu Union wrote:
Annette smiled kindly at Saxon. “It is lovely to make your acquaintance Saxon. I hope you are enjoying yourself in my hometown.” She then discreetly observed the body language of Saysun and Saxon as Perrin spoke. After observing what she had intended to, she was reminded why she loved attending ceremonies like these. She laughed when Perrin finished speaking.

“I could say the same to you Perrin. Of course, if I remember my history lessons correctly, we stopped throwing men across our saddles several centuries before you. If you want to know a little more about me, let me offer you a little tidbit. I was able to get into this little celebration because I actually know someone with a little pull. I will give you a little reward if you can guess who.”

She then feigned a yawn and made a very obvious gesture in the prime minister’s direction.

“Dogs, eh? Well I remember Saysun going on about her horse and a little calico kitten when we met a couple of years back. I do not recall her mentioning anything about dogs though.”

Saysun became more curious as Annette spoke. “You have a remarkable memory, Anette.” Annette grinned. “Well, when you travel as much as I do and have some the hobbies that I do, a good memory comes in handy. And Perrin, I love dogs. No other creature can match their loyalty and courage.”

Saysun glanced over at Saxon as if to ask what she thought of all of this.

The serving staff started laying plates in front of all the guests. The dishes represented the heritages and preferences of the betrothed couple’s mothers. Schwäbisch dishes such as linsen mit spätzle, maultaschen in a vegetable broth, and of course kartoffel salat represented the Tatiana’s mother, Katja. Things like ash-e anar, tah-chin, fesenjan with white rice, and mirza-qasemi represented Yesmin’s mother, Queen Saysun IV.

Saxon was a little puzzled, who was this enigmatic person? But she seemed very nice. She also had a moment of realization about something--what Tatiana and Yesmin were doing--it seemed so normal here that she hadn't batted an eye, and she suspected that Perrin didn't care, but it really hit her that it was actually illegal in New Edom. She wondered if the Gebrovics had even considered that. She bit her lip and took a deep breath. "Wow, this all looks so good..." she realized she really had dropped the ball on this one. Everyone back home was no doubt so concerned with the EIO, with Premislyd, Cookish States, all the other major concerns internally that it had barely been really noticed. But how long could they count on that? How could she had dropped the ball so badly?

Perrin was not concerned in the slightest; he was aware of the whole thing but didn't really care, that was someone else's pay grade to deal with. He was surrounded by beautiful women and food, and so he proceeded to enjoy himself. "You know, Annette, since you're really some kind of actress or something like that, or whatever it is you are, and you are not a cavalry officer, I'd say you are outclassed. But you are more than my match in flirtation, so it all balances out."

Helladria
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:56 am

Tatiana's attempt to drink the undiluted wine was particularly entertaining for Rebecca to watch. Inside, the fiery sensation radiated throughout her body, affecting her coordination, though not yet significantly. She was helpless; however, in the face of the temptation to egg Tatiana on.

She unexpectedly tuned on her charm. "Not bad," she said, "but you're doing it wrong." She grabbed another clean glass and poured the undiluted wine for Tatiana and another glass for herself. "When you're drinking it, don't sip. Instead, you need to be ready to slide it down your throat the moment it touches your tongue. Just lift the glass up and gulp. Hold your breath if you have to."

She made a movement demonstrating the action for Tatiana. "Come on let's do it," she coaxed with an enthusiastic smile. "Don't let some one my age beat you so easily."

She really wanted to get the girl plastered.

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:52 am

Ali-Zebu Union wrote:Saxon was a little puzzled, who was this enigmatic person? But she seemed very nice. She also had a moment of realization about something--what Tatiana and Yesmin were doing--it seemed so normal here that she hadn't batted an eye, and she suspected that Perrin didn't care, but it really hit her that it was actually illegal in New Edom. She wondered if the Gebrovics had even considered that. She bit her lip and took a deep breath. "Wow, this all looks so good..." she realized she really had dropped the ball on this one. Everyone back home was no doubt so concerned with the EIO, with Premislyd, Cookish States, all the other major concerns internally that it had barely been really noticed. But how long could they count on that? How could she had dropped the ball so badly?

Perrin was not concerned in the slightest; he was aware of the whole thing but didn't really care, that was someone else's pay grade to deal with. He was surrounded by beautiful women and food, and so he proceeded to enjoy himself. "You know, Annette, since you're really some kind of actress or something like that, or whatever it is you are, and you are not a cavalry officer, I'd say you are outclassed. But you are more than my match in flirtation, so it all balances out."

Saysun was a woman who enjoyed trying new food and some of what she saw was certainly new to her. She sampled bits of the foreign dishes and was pleased despite the more sparing use of spices in them. If there was one thing that Saysun loved, it was that there was as much variation in the food of her home as the people. “This is very tasty Saxon, is this something you eat back home?” She was indicating the large ravioli-like items in the vegetable broth. A thought then occurred to her. “Are you a good dancer Saxon? There is definitely going to be dancing later. I would love to show you how we dance in the Union.”

Annette was thoroughly enjoying herself and was eager to see how far she could lead Perrin. “Maybe we can put that to the test someday, but I will not deny that I am a queen of flirtation, nay THE queen of flirtation.” Her eyes glinted with mischief as she moved her head near Perrin’s ear and whispered. “Events like these have a way of making me remember what I often miss while traveling. After things are wrapped up here, would you like to go somewhere and have, oh, a nice quiet conversation?” Anette then pulled her head away and took a few bites of food.

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:17 am

Helladria wrote:Tatiana's attempt to drink the undiluted wine was particularly entertaining for Rebecca to watch. Inside, the fiery sensation radiated throughout her body, affecting her coordination, though not yet significantly. She was helpless; however, in the face of the temptation to egg Tatiana on.

She unexpectedly tuned on her charm. "Not bad," she said, "but you're doing it wrong." She grabbed another clean glass and poured the undiluted wine for Tatiana and another glass for herself. "When you're drinking it, don't sip. Instead, you need to be ready to slide it down your throat the moment it touches your tongue. Just lift the glass up and gulp. Hold your breath if you have to."

She made a movement demonstrating the action for Tatiana. "Come on let's do it," she coaxed with an enthusiastic smile. "Don't let some one my age beat you so easily."

She really wanted to get the girl plastered.

Tatiana was still a bit upset with Rebecca, but instead of just letting Rebecca’s attempt at mischief slide by her, Tatiana’s youth took over. She had really blossomed after meeting Yesmin, especially after Yesmin had proposed. And being in a place where she could openly be what she had always been had made her radiant. The joys of the young that were suppressed during the war were now gushing from her bosom as she took the glass and gulped down the wine. The liquid hit her stomach. Her cheeks war feeling warmer and she was feeling more relaxed. She smiled broadly at Rebecca. “I am sure I can handle myself and a little wine.” Her hand then went over her shapely bosom as she started to feel a little buzzed.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:48 pm

Ali-Zebu Union wrote:
Saysun was a woman who enjoyed trying new food and some of what she saw was certainly new to her. She sampled bits of the foreign dishes and was pleased despite the more sparing use of spices in them. If there was one thing that Saysun loved, it was that there was as much variation in the food of her home as the people. “This is very tasty Saxon, is this something you eat back home?” She was indicating the large ravioli-like items in the vegetable broth. A thought then occurred to her. “Are you a good dancer Saxon? There is definitely going to be dancing later. I would love to show you how we dance in the Union.”

"No, we don't eat a lot of stuff like this," said Saxon, "Mostly it's imported cuisine. No, we eat a lot of stews, salads, pastries and grilled meat and fish. The salads we like are mostly diced fruit or vegetables with herbs added." she smiled, distracted by Saysun's enjoyment, and said, "It's very good though, and yes, I'd love to dance with you. I'm a Baran, we Barans love to dance."

Annette was thoroughly enjoying herself and was eager to see how far she could lead Perrin. “Maybe we can put that to the test someday, but I will not deny that I am a queen of flirtation, nay THE queen of flirtation.” Her eyes glinted with mischief as she moved her head near Perrin’s ear and whispered. “Events like these have a way of making me remember what I often miss while traveling. After things are wrapped up here, would you like to go somewhere and have, oh, a nice quiet conversation?” Anette then pulled her head away and took a few bites of food.

"I would not mind a conversation," said Perrin, his eyes twinkling, and he took her hand and lifted it tenderly putting his lips to it, saying the best words he knew, "You play ball with me, and I'll play ball with you. You do your bit, and I'll do mine..."

Helladria
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:20 am

Rebecca was beginning to have difficulty in her efforts to retain her balance, when Svenge stepped in.

"If you will excuse us, ladies, the cuisine beckons." He turned specifically to Tatiana, "If you don't go running elsewhere, I shall return as a matter of course to lay claim to that dance." He repositioned himself to address both women again and bid his farewell, "Forts tel dånf, min Frärren."

He then took Rebecca's glass with his own and led her back toward their seats. "Zynny," he said as they walked back, "I wish you would learn restraint, my dear. I know our countries don't have the best of relations, but my visit here isn't to make them worse."

Rebecca peered at him with an impish smile and a mischievous glint in her eyes. "I wash only trying to make the girl lighten up," she said; her words slightly slurred. "She was getting sho irrtated." The wine had left her with a clear mind, but it mattered little for appearances as it took the use of her legs and speech.

"And the reason she was getting irritated?" he inquired. "I'm sure you played some part."

Svenge obviously hadn't had the full opportunity to watch the events unfold. "No. Of course not. I think she's just the jealous sort," Rebecca answered confidently.

"Anyway I would rather you not draw the ire or the contempt of the people here," he said, ignoring her obvious attempt at misdirection. When considering Zynny; of course she was responsible. "Let's get some food in you. Maybe you'll be fit to walk afterwards."

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 pm

"No, we don't eat a lot of stuff like this," said Saxon, "Mostly it's imported cuisine. No, we eat a lot of stews, salads, pastries and grilled meat and fish. The salads we like are mostly diced fruit or vegetables with herbs added." she smiled, distracted by Saysun's enjoyment, and said, "It's very good though, and yes, I'd love to dance with you. I'm a Baran, we Barans love to dance."

Saysun ate enough to just be satisfied and drank just enough to not be too impaired. “I would love to try the foods of your home szévasem. I also can’t wait to dance with you, Saxon.” She was feeling a little less restrained after a little bit of wine and placed a gentle hand on Saxon’s knee.

"I would not mind a conversation," said Perrin, his eyes twinkling, and he took her hand and lifted it tenderly putting his lips to it, saying the best words he knew, "You play ball with me, and I'll play ball with you. You do your bit, and I'll do mine..."

Annette was quite pleased with what she had accomplished and did not hide it. “You have made this girl very happy Perrin. I will let you know where I am staying and you can meet me there after all is done here.” She then gave him a smile and a peck on the cheek.

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Helladria wrote:Rebecca was beginning to have difficulty in her efforts to retain her balance, when Svenge stepped in.

"If you will excuse us, ladies, the cuisine beckons." He turned specifically to Tatiana, "If you don't go running elsewhere, I shall return as a matter of course to lay claim to that dance." He repositioned himself to address both women again and bid his farewell, "Forts tel dånf, min Frärren."

He then took Rebecca's glass with his own and led her back toward their seats. "Zynny," he said as they walked back, "I wish you would learn restraint, my dear. I know our countries don't have the best of relations, but my visit here isn't to make them worse."

Rebecca peered at him with an impish smile and a mischievous glint in her eyes. "I wash only trying to make the girl lighten up," she said; her words slightly slurred. "She was getting sho irrtated." The wine had left her with a clear mind, but it mattered little for appearances as it took the use of her legs and speech.

"And the reason she was getting irritated?" he inquired. "I'm sure you played some part."

Svenge obviously hadn't had the full opportunity to watch the events unfold. "No. Of course not. I think she's just the jealous sort," Rebecca answered confidently.

"Anyway I would rather you not draw the ire or the contempt of the people here," he said, ignoring her obvious attempt at misdirection. When considering Zynny; of course she was responsible. "Let's get some food in you. Maybe you'll be fit to walk afterwards."

Tatiana seemed a little relieved that Rebecca was leaving. “Of course you can still have a dance Emperor Svenge.” Yesmin then addressed the emperor and his companion. “Thank you for your kind words, Emperor.” Once Svenge and Rebecca left, Yesmin moved the wine away from Tatiana and herself. “You might want to slow down for now Tati. We need to be mostly sober right now.”

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates