NATION

PASSWORD

Third Elwe Uprising #1 (Closed: Telegram or Post in OOC )

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Third Elwe Uprising #1 (Closed: Telegram or Post in OOC )

Postby New Edom » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:58 pm

OOC: Please post here first, or TG for entry. http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=142778

Ambrosia Hotel, northern Raith Immel

The quiet little port town of Fort Brand was barely more than a flyspeck on a map, in the north center of Raith Immel Province, and it was the conduit towards northern Raith Immel and the great stretches of forest and meadowlands. Recent discoveries of copper and zinc in the area meant that exploitation was inevitable, with certain areas designated for national parks or Elwe reservations. There had been some very angry talk but the problem was that Elwe who had come to depend on goods from the urban centers of New Edom couldn't afford to live in traditional ways any longer; they had to find jobs or rot. Furious town hall debates, protests, and calls upon the ancestral spirits meant nothing to people who had come to depend on utilities, food and clothing from the modern world. The High Prince of the Elwe of Raith Immel, Findi Lamat, was seen with a smile on his face wearing a suit shaking hands with Governor Don Golconda and Randall Fabian, Director of the New Edomite Geophysical Survey Corporal. Near thirty companies, national and international, were moving resources into the area. One of these resources was the Ambrosia Hotel. It was funded by the Brightwater Development Group in order to provide a basis for travelers and employment into the area, and act as a luxurious getaway.

Hans Streicher, the manager, was a busy, busy man. He had thinning blonde hair, a burly build and was always energetic. There was a gala of provincial bigwigs and guests coming, and he wanted everything to be perfect. The Governor, Donald Golconda, would be coming with a small entourage, as well as representatives of the companies investing in the area. He had a staff of 65 and probably needed more; he had hired as many as he could from out of province as he didn't need the extra headache of training lazy slow minded Elwe to do the work. Most of his staff were Anglo-Germans and Sorgen--Haranese and Barans tended to be too proud to do menial jobs well unless it was for family. He was glad to have an excellent master chef, Emilio Barca who came from the province of Etruria Majora, and excellent maitre d'hotel, assistant managers, concierge and chief housekeeper. There would also be entertainers coming. As he walked through the main banquet hall he was gratified to see housekeeping busy at work cleaning the immaculate hardwood floor and dusting the walls. From there out into the main lounge area the grand piano gleamed, and he then went into the main lobby, where the accountant was going over some computer issues with a tech and an assistant manager. Good. He walked from there to outside the hotel and looked out over the parking area and the road that stretched out towards the main highway and the airstrip that would be used for the arrival of helicopters and executive planes.

As he looked out over the expanse the forest surrounding the hotel suddenly gave him the shivers, but he didn't know why. He shook his head. Irrational nonsense. He had been working in the hospitality industry for twenty years; he put it down to nerves. With a faint smile he decided to go back into the hotel, have a schnapps, and then go over the preparations for the arrival of the guests, which would take place within the hour.

When he got to the bar, he went behind it, and noticed the bartender was absent, but after all they weren't properly open for business yet. He selected a bottle and a nice clean glass that gleamed like fresh clean ice, and began to pour. As he lifted it to his nose he heard a voice say softly, "Going to pour me one?"

He looked up, startled, not recognizing the voice. An Elwe stood there--slender, delicate featured, wearing a combination of modern arms and military shorts, but otherwise simply wearing paint that was an astonishingly accurate look of leaves and branches, as though a part of the forest had stepped into the room with him. The Elwe man carried an Uzi submachinegun casually in his arms and also had a bow slung across his back and a short curved blade at his belt; he had, incongruously, an electronic earpiece in one delicate ear. "I said, Mr. Manager, are you going to pour me a drink?"

"What are you doing here? This is private property--" Hans knew something was very wrong but found himself, in his shock, uttering inanities.

The Elwe shook his head. "How very rude...but no. You are shocked. Allow me." He removed the bottle gently but firmly from Hans' grasp, and poured himself a drink. Then he raised his glass. "To the Ecotopian Republic." And he drank. "This hotel is on the lands belonging to the Ecotopian Republic of Raith Immel, and I am afraid your employers built it illegally. We are claiming it. But!" he held up a hand as the now very pale and shaken Hans began to speak. "Don't say anything yet! Mr. Manager, I do not blame you and your staff. You are merely employees. And so you will understand there is nothing personal in what I am about to say. My people have seized the hotel. By now all of your staff are our prisoners. When the guests arrive, you are going to greet them politely and offer them hospitality, and then they will be taken prisoner as well. You and two others just to add...variety. Everyone else's lives depend on your cooperation." He narrowed his eyes. "I urge you not to test me on this. If you resist me in any way I promise you one person will die for your every act of foolishness."

"Man..." said Hans, in a firmer tone, his courage re-asserting itself. "Don't do it. It's madness. There is too much against you. I promise I will forget the whole matter if you leave."

"Ah, my Anglo-German friend, you have courage, I will grant you that. But it is fools' courage. We are prepared to die, and have our comrades die. Are you?" The Elwe watched him. "I have spoken enough of this, now I want you to do as you are told. Finish your drink and let's go."

"Wait--who are you?" Hans exclaimed.

"For now, call me Eidolon. I am of the Red Branch."
Last edited by New Edom on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:49 am

Aslin Osmal sat in her company jet going over documents relating to the use, modification, or construction of shipyards in New Edom. She had decided to take a break from the major discussions, considering the locals were currently working things out amongst themselves. A small vacation in a nice hotel was a welcome relief.

She pulled up her sleeve to reveal her left wrist and looked at the intertwined cords tattooed around it. The tattoo encircled her lower wrist and the ink was brown, the color of her eyes. The tattoo indicated that she was married and the fact that it was a single color indicated that she was married to a man. She then smiled to herself and looked at the seat behind her. Her husband, Emel, was sleeping quietly, his mouth slightly agape. She was not sure how he could sleep so well on a plane, but he managed. She then rose from her seat and leaned over and gently kissed Emel’s forehead on her way to the bar. She waved away the steward and grabbed a bottle of Mirazi wine, vintage 2934. For some reason, the wines produced around the time of the last major war with Zoltab tasted so much better than others. She poured herself a glass, swirled it slightly, took in its aroma, and then took a sip. It was sweet, possessed a fine bouquet, and had nutty flavor. A fine wine.

She took the glass to her seat and sat back sipping from it slowly and enjoying every drop of the fine white wine.

Lyubya Anvaževic was young and gifted. She had graduated from university with her doctorate at the age of twenty-three and had managed to work her way into an important position in one of the largest corporations in the Union by the age of twenty-five. She had little time to pursue a long term relationship of any sort and had generally preferred one fling after another. The sex of the partner did not matter so long as she enjoyed herself. Aside from interesting new business opportunities, travel in a foreign nation offered a myriad of less professional distractions. She waved over the steward and asked for a beer. She popped off the top and took a drink of the Azmaar Ale. The flavor hinted at the honey and cardamon used in the brewing process as the liquid slid smoothly down her throat.

The plane touched down on the runway and came to a stop. Aslin Osmal stepped down from the plane followed by Emel.

Aslin possessed the height common to women of her ethnicity and stood 1.78 meters (5'10"). In terms of build, she was fairly average, with a moderately proportioned bosom and a mildly athletic appearance. Balancing this though was an elegance and an air of confidence rivaled only by some of the best thespians and the noblest of queens.

Her hair was exceptionally wavy and was a very dark brown. It hung loosely, was well groomed, and reached the middle of her back. She held a pair of charming, light brown eyes in her head that were quick to take in a person’s state of being. Her skin was of a light-medium tone and showed few signs of aging.

In anticipation of the cooler weather she had decided to adjust her usual attire while trying not to sacrifice too much in the way of fashion. She wore a pair of black, three-quarter length, designer, denim pants that were both expensive and stylish. A pair of black, laced, and flat-bottomed boots (most if not all women in the Union despised any footwear with a heel higher than your average shoe) that rose to the bottom of her pants. On her torso was a lightweight, white, long sleeved shirt of silk that had a vee neck and stopped several centimeters above the waistline of her pants. Over the shirt she wore a light brown, light weight, leather jacket that stopped just below the bust line. The jacked had a pair of pockets that rested on her breast while the zipper was left open.

All in all, she was warm enough, though her the exposed portions of her abdomen and chest were a little on the cool side.

Emel followed her down from the plane. He was slightly shorter than his wife and was in excellent physical condition. His skin tone was similar to his wife’s. His hair was a slightly lighter shade of brown and was carefully styled with mousse and gel. His face was combination of well carved Turkish features that made some of the other corporate husbands jealous. And in his skull were two light blue eyes that radiated warmth and intelligence. Overall he was handsome with a small amount of stubble that added a hint of ruggedness.

After Aslin had spent some time searching through some of clothiers in New Edom, she had settled on a finely tailored grey suit and black dress shoes for her husband’s wardrobe that day. They fit him well and she thought the outfit made him look slightly exotic.

A few minutes later, Lyubya, began her descent from the jet as she wiped the last bit of lipstick from her collar. She fixed her long, golden hair back into a ponytail as she stepped onto the tarmac. Aslin and Emel were talking, and as such did not notice the young woman adjusting her appearance.

Lyubya was not quite the height of Aslin and her husband, being 1.65 meters (5'5") but was well compensated for her lack of height. She was fit, feminine, and voluptuous. Her skin was of a fair complexion and her ice blue eyes could be captivating, alluring, and very serious. When she worked she held and moved her body in a very professional manner but anywhere else she held the gaze of men and women alike.

She was clothed rather simply in a medium weight, long sleeved, marigold shirt with an atypical round collar, a pair of slim, white jeans, and a pair of comfortable sandals made of leather and with a inner sole made of natural fibers. Despite the simpler and more modest (by some cultures' standards at least) attire Lyubya wore, it poorly disguised her physical attributes and seductive air.

Once the three individuals were all on the ground, their luggage was brought down by the steward and the pilot, who tried to avoid grinning when she glanced at Lyubya. Aslin took her and Emel’s suitcases by the handles and Lyubya grabbed both of her’s. The two women moved forward with Emel following behind.

As they approached the three individuals who had come out to greet them, Aslin noticed something was odd about the way they moved and greeted the three of them but was too distracted by the idea of a vacation in an exotic resort to give these feelings the attention they deserved.

“I take it you are here to greet us and show us to our rooms?”
Last edited by Ali-Zebu Union on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:28 am, edited 7 times in total.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Embassy Program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145435#p7315322
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331
Princess and a Rose: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145904#p7342328
Nations Within the Ali-Zebu Sphere: Kamseong, Orqosuyu, Anathaat

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Airfirled

A pair of hangars, a small control tower and a two story small but handsome building adjacent to a garage were pretty much all that was in the immediate area--farther on the opposite side of the field was possibly where the fuel was stored, a small group of guards occupying a shack nearby it.

The ground crew seemed to be fair looking delicately built people—two men and a woman, who greeted the new arrivals. “Welcome,” one of them said in a friendly voice. The other two were clearly prepared to help handle baggage onto a sleek new blue shuttle bus with traction tires on it. “If you have any special help you require please let us know. Hope you’ve enjoyed the trip so far, you’re going to love that hotel.”

They drove down a two car gravel lane past forest that in some ways still looked somewhat virginal—hoary moss hung from great limbs, and shafts of sunlight could be seen to penetrate the gloom among trees great as cathedral pillars or larger. At last they came up the road to the hotel itself, which was a set of terraced buildings on a hillside, still surrounded by the trees. One of the hotel staff in a maroon and black uniform came down, looking breathless and nervous, and helped them put their luggage onto a rack which he then wheeled up a ramp towards the hotel itself.

Inside the lobby was a large open space mostly, with one way leading towards a lounge while another led to some shops and elevators, and there was also a large registration desk. It had light colored walls, an arching roof that led up to a skylight and handsome woven rugs on the floor. As they came in a fair haired balding big man approached; he was wearing a three piece dark suit and had a smile that suggested some strain, as though he was stressed out but trying to overcome it. “Hello, welcome to the Ambrosia Hotel—I know you must want to freshen up but we have a special presentation in the lounge for all our new important guests, would you please accompany me?”
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Premislyd
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Premislyd » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Tagosaurus Rex
Just a heads up, I suffer from [insert stereotypical internet illness here], and will use it as an excuse instead of taking responsibility for my actions.
~Transgendered, bisexual, transsexual, metrosexual, homosexual, Japanophile, heterosexual, transvestite asexual and proud~
Pimps Inc wrote:Swastikas are not allowed in nationstates unless your are RPing as Nazi Germany or sumthing

Ossurwald
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossurwald » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:37 am

Field Base Khatun Ilinka, Outside of Fineberg, West Bara, New Edom

The last of the sentenced soldiers were being loaded onto the transport planes. Marshal Quentin Serrudin chewed his gum thoughtfully as he watched an MP lead the final soldier onto the last plane. He and the tribunal had found them all guilty for their conduct during the little Manifesto of Liberty riot, but he'd tried to make it as lenient as possible. Each of them would be discharged from the Ossurwald Republican Army, and their pensions would be eliminated. Since most were enlisted soldiers, that would be next to meaningless, as the ORA pension was not exactly high-living. They'd recoup it in their next job.

Serrudin turned to the officer at his side, Bregwalda Pritha "Baba Yaga" Morhelm. Her short cropped hair came down in bangs over her forehead, her sunglasses covered her eyes, and she rolled a lit cigar from one side of her mouth to the other. Doubtless she was still thinking that it was a damn shame that her Kenturo Combat Team had come through the end of the New Edomite Civil War without a single casualty, only to lose one during civil unrest. Commandant Elijah Dandolian's death weighed on all of them.

"Well, they're going home, and soon we'll be as well," said Serrudin casually. He wasn't quite sure how he felt about it. Secretary of War Bonesteel had already given orders that Serrudin was to begin logistical planning to leave New Edom. But he'd spent only a very little amount of time on the necessary paperwork, spending more time with the recently-widowed Countess Olivia Lalery.

"Can't wait to get back to Ossurwald, sir?" said Morhelm, taking a puff on her cigar.

"It'll be nice to be back in a country where they speak the same language. Or one that doesn't have the threat of civil war looming over it every time a government official dies," said Serrudin.

"Don't be so sure that's Ossurwald," said Morhelm. "The government is two seats short of a majority back home. Could be a civil war any day now." She smiled.

"You a Radical, Morhelm?" said Serrudin with a grin. "Radicals are the last ones out of New Edom. On account of their belief government can't do anything right."

"Not government," said Morhelm. "The military can't do anything right."

Driving to Ambrosia Hotel

Rudo Pedrona, the husband of Ossurwald's ambassador to New Edom and officially Chief Officer of Public Diplomacy for the Ossurwalder Embassy in New Edom, rode in his rented car towards the Ambrosia Hotel. He'd left King David at the Royal Hunting Lodge, and decided to see more of Raith Immel for himself. The Ambrosia seemed like the kind of place that fit his taste. Pedrona, having grown up poor in northern Ossurwald, had never objected to luxury. He'd never shied away from dirt either, which is why he was Head of Intelligence in New Edom as well (this was undisclosed to New Edomite authorities, though they probably had their suspicions).

From the outside, things seemed alright. Since he was in a moving car, he didn't have a moment to focus on the forest. He pulled up to the entrance to the hotel.

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:57 am

Inside the lobby was a large open space mostly, with one way leading towards a lounge while another led to some shops and elevators, and there was also a large registration desk. It had light colored walls, an arching roof that led up to a skylight and handsome woven rugs on the floor. As they came in a fair haired balding big man approached; he was wearing a three piece dark suit and had a smile that suggested some strain, as though he was stressed out but trying to overcome it. “Hello, welcome to the Ambrosia Hotel—I know you must want to freshen up but we have a special presentation in the lounge for all our new important guests, would you please accompany me?”

Ambrosia Hotel

Aslin and Emel enjoyed the ride to the hotel. The drive through the woods was especially nice for them and reminded them somewhat of their visit to the forests of Hamarahtta. These forests seemed more temperate though and the vegetation was different.

Lyubya was also intrigued by the woods because she had loved running through the woods near her home town as a child. She remembered climbing every tree she could and the time she had broken her arm after falling from a particularly treacherous oak.

Aslin nodded to the man who wheeled off the luggage and noticed his nervousness, but chalked it up to him either being new or apprehensive of receiving foreign guests. When she observed the balding man inside the hotel, Aslin suspicions began to shift from benign to something more serious.

Aslin answered the man’s question.

“Certainly, just lead the way. What sort of presentation is this?”

Lyubya and Emel noticed that Aslin’s body language showed growing suspiciousness and both began to closely observe their surroundings as the three followed the balding man into the lounge.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:45 am

The lounge

As Pedrona pulled up he was also greeted by an attendant to help him with his luggage, and was similarly led up into the lobby, where he met with Hans, the manager.

The lounge was a very pleasant room; it had a grand piano polished like a wooden mirror, a long bar shaped like half of a figure eight, and very comfortable chairs and tables. As they came in Hans closed the door behind them. An arresting sight awaited them--three armed Elwe, naked but for shorts, painted head to two in a beautiful leaf pattern, armed with submachineguns, bows and short curved blades that were like a cross between a bowie knife and a kukri. "Ladies and gentlemen, we apologize for this interruption," said one of the Elwe. "We have no quarrel with any of you personally, but this hotel is currently occupied by the Red Branch--that is a Wing of the Elwe Liberation Army. Our quarrel is with the New Edomite Government--particularly with the Monarchist part of it. Our intention is to accomplish certain political and economic aims. We do not wish to hurt anyone, but we will if we must--this is a war. We would like you all to cooperate and keep your hands where we can see them. We will not hesitate to restrain and isolate anyone we think will cause us personal harm or interfere with our plans. We intend to use you as leverage to get your governments to cooperate in pressuring the New Edomite government to recognize us as an independent state."

He paused and looked around. "Mr. Pedrona, honored you could be here sir. And would the rest of you be so kind as to introduce yourselves please?"

In spite of his courteous words the Elwe had the manner of a wolf. He was somehow casual and taut at the same time; they were all tough as whipcords, lean as people who lived with their bodies as much as their wits would be.

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Aslin nearly took a lecturing tone with the Elwe but the array of weaponry and predatory aura of the speaker prevented her. She made sure to stay in front of Emel as she responded to the Elwe man.

“I am Eslin Osmal and the man behind me is my husband, Emel.”

She began to observe more closely the body language of the oddly attired Elwe.

Lyubya was upset by the audacity of the mostly naked man that was speaking to her. He was taking her hostage and threatening her with violence. If it had not been for the weaponry and the mostly naked man knowing how to properly address a woman, she might have thought him an exotic distraction.

She crossed her arms across her bosom and shifted her weight onto her left hip before answering the man with polite indignation.

“My name is Lyubya Anvaževic. Might I ask who you are, if that is not too much to ask?”

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:23 pm

The Elwe man inclined his head politely. "Ladies. Sir. My name is Eidolon. I would say it is a pleasure to meet you but that would be...well, a trifle awkward under the circumstances. However I can say that the honour...is all mine." He looked appreciatively at Lyubya and at Eslin--after all Ali-Zebu women were among the most beautiful women in the world, and these no exception--but it was with the air of a busy man pausing to gaze at a sunset--appreciative, but his mind on other things. "I regret that we have no further time for pleasantries. I'm going to ask all three of you to accompany these two of my comrades to a private dining room. Before that however I must ask you, all of three of you, to give me any handbags, watches, phones or personal electronic devices, and jewellry. I promise that it will be returned to you to the best of our ability."

He spoke to one of his companions. "A tira. Vanta cata te.[/i]"

The Elwe nodded and began to move behind the guests. "My comrade," said Eidolon, "Is not going to harm you. He is just keeping an eye on you. Please put the items I requested of you on the table. When you have done that, I'm afraid I have something that may embarrass you to ask of you--I'm going to ask all of you to remove all your clothing except your undergarments. This is nothing outrageous, I assure you, I'm just sparing us and you any unpleasantness should any of you have any concealed weapons. Remove each item and put it carefully on the table behind you. My comrade will search the items of clothing and when you are done he will hand them back to you. Please begin now."
Last edited by New Edom on Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ossurwald
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ossurwald » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Pedrona stared at Eidolon as the Elwe man addressed the folks from Ali-Zebu. He made no move to follow the directions that Eidolon had laid out. If the Elwe leader had intended Pedrona to follow suit, he might have used a more exact phrasing. Pedrona intended to see just how disciplined and efficient these rebels were.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:58 pm

Eidolon looked at Pedrona; he smiled but his eyes were unfriendly. "Mr. Pedrona, would you please join the other guests in complying with my instructions please?" He was watching him very closely as though expecting him to try something.

Ossurwald
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ossurwald » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Pedrona removed his watch, and handed over his cellphone. He paused at his wedding ring, a steel band around his finger. He decided not to keep it on. He removed his jacket, his shirt, shoes and socks, and finally his belt and trousers. He smiled.

"There, now we're all wearing the same amount of clothing."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Durkland National Forest, 11 KM away

"The key thing," Cromm Deroil was explaining to his subordinates, "Is that we need to avoid any unecessary violence. We have to be the ethical ones; we have to be prepared to defend ourselves violently if need be, in such a way that they'll regret any hostile moves we make, and we need to be able to swiftly counterattack any attempt to retake the hotel. Many such plans fail because the groups that attempt them are small cells that lack resources. But this is in our country, we have a strong chance of succeeding. Our buildup has been careful, but we need to remember: we don't want our country torn apart as Teman was thirteen years ago. We want a swift sure blow that ruins the hopes of the Monarchists."

The Elwe liked how Cromm thought, generally. He was a good general, by their standards. He didn't talk about acceptable losses but about victory. They would obviously retreat and regroup if the plan began to fail, and the Red Branch team that had been sent to the hotel would do their best but if they failed they would not expect rescue. They knew nothing of any other plans beyond theirs; they simply knew there would ideally be backup and knew a signal for stating that they intended to retreat--but they were utterly on their own.

Meanwhile, five hundred Elwe Red Branch scouts, armed with the weapons their new friends were bringing them (they had a single sample of each they had been training with) would move into the forest to surround the area immediately around the hotel, while their new friends' heavier weapons would be longer range backup...just in case.

The Ambrosia Hotel

Eidolon laughed softly and nodded to his companion, who searched through the clothing carefully for any hidden weapons or items. (OOC: let me know if there are any please) The other Elwe shook his head and Eidolon nodded to the Ali-Zebu people if they had not already begun...

An Elwe woman entered the room, a submachingegun held with casual alertness in her hands. She murmured something to Eidolon, and he nodded to her. The woman went and waited by the door.
Last edited by New Edom on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vici Minerva
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vici Minerva » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:38 pm

Raith Immel, New Edom
An obscured forrested, flat-land between Ambroisa and Brightwater.
06:00 Hours

Tents were posted everywhere on the flats There were at least two mobilized Special Forces Battalions, thus forming the Vici Minervan Umbra Special Forces Regiment. Umbra would act as a pseudo-Anarchist revolutionary group for Operation: DRUID'S FURY, in which they would do all they could to gather intelligence, field expierience, and furthermore establish an Elwe state, which the Vici Minervans legitimately sympathized for. Of course though, they had ulterior motives of their own...

At the fore-front of this elite Regiment, were the men of Shadow Company. Units from all four branches of the Vici Minevan Military had been assembled for this mission. The men here were the best damn trained infantry, and their undying loyalty would insure that there'd be hell running amuck for this mission. Along with Shadow Company, were two additionally Special Forces companies to add a little beef to their support, considering the fact they were HIGHLY outnumbered. Furthermore, brand new artillery pieces were to be set and tested, which the men were very eager to use. The General Staff had been generous enough to give them 2 batteries, along with a SAM battery for the infantry they would face. Field Marshal King Maxilmilian Alexander intended to use the expertise of Luftwaffe specialists to hijack planes from the nearest Air bases they could raid, and run amuck for the New Edomite infantry down below... but this preemptive strategy would have to wait until the Elwe decided to mobilize them...

The men of Shadow Company were looking strapping today. They were adorned in all black, with brand new equipment, and freshly shined boots. The mild chatter of troops partially filled the air. Normally Vici Minervan troops would be fairly confident, but after Operation: EUTHANASIA unexpected outcome, they feared that they had united the New Edomites more than anything. They had been a bit shooken. They had been so confident that King would lead them to victory, that defeat had seemed impossible. Although it was more of a withdrawal rather than a defeat... but still, it did no good to lessen King's broken ego.

He watched closely at his men's lack of morale. Despite the fact that they were conversing, it had seemed dulled down to the normal chatty and gossipy nature of Vici Minervan soldiers. Normally it'd be loud as a High school Lunchroom, full of enlisted men joking around. Even the men in the SS and the men in the Legion refrained from any competiveness that they normally engaged in. The SS and Legion had always been in competition for years. Why? Well after so many assassination attempts originally perpetrated on the first Sophist dictator by the Legion, the government had soon taken a position to favor the Sophist elite. Seeing them as both better trained and having undying allegiance to them. It was for the next 70 years onward did the Vici Minervan government deploy the SS at the frontlines, with the Legion sent in to clean up the scraps. The Legion however formed the basis of the Vici Minervan military, and were adequately trained, albeit, not as well as the SS. So after these 70 years resentment grew.

The Luftwaffe boys and the Red Navy boys seemed a lot less hostile, but they were just as morbid, only dryly discussing some of the new Naval and Air tech that was being in production. They were particularly interested in seeing the NLOS cannon being put to use. They had been staring at them all day and couldn't help but feel awed at its presence. From the 155mm gun to the X-Caliber rounds that were being used by it. GPS guided munitions, a strong but light chassis with Titanium and sandwiched depleted Uranium, and that 155mm COILGUN. Even a few SS and Legionnaire engineers had managed to inspect the pretty looking thing.

In a higher balcony-like area stood four Officers who inspected the troops. On the left were Captain James Wellington of the Red Navy, whom normally lead Spec Ops missions onboard attack submarines, but would instead aid in this black ops mission. By him was Colonel Roland Utvich, who commanded a airborne Para-drops, and would be performing the same task. On the right hand side was Colonel Hans Marx of the Vici Minervan Imperial Legion. He had a dull expression of anger smacked upon his face. His brooding eyes burning up as the fourth officer approached the balcony area. It was Field Marshal King Maximilan Alexander that emerged from the two groups. He was a Field Marshal of the Vaffen-SS (and the immediately hated superior to Colonel Marx).

King was holding a mug of Ersatz coffee; his purple eyes had bags beneath them. Yes you heard correctly, King had purple eyes. It was a strange birth abnormality that he had. Now it looked rather fetching on him, but before in his youth, he was constantly made fun of for it. However later during the operation, he would be required to wear brown contacts, that way New Edomites wouldn't be able to distinguish him. However it was before any mission was to be conducted, and King didn't want to have to adjust them on this morning. Above his purple sets of gazers were his very distinguished eyebrows, which were inverted downwards, showing a scowl. He had pencil thin eyebrows that were heavily pronounced black. This was strange, since he had bright platinum locks of hair, which were rather long for a man in the military. Occasionally his bangs would drop by his eyes, and he'd promptly puff it away. Besides his ordinary features, he now had to wear a fake goatee. It looked rather becoming on him but he wasn't particularly thrilled. And rather than his customary officer's cap, King wore a black beret which bared no insignia indicating rank or authority, but King didn't need any for the men to know who he was. King had already acquired moderate fame in his work during the Rogstadtian conflict. He had hunted blocked off an entire division with his heavy panzer company, while taking out 13 well trained Rogstadian Panzer commanders at the Siege of the Village of Bocage. At the counter attack of Nijmegen, he was able to Blitz nearly 100 miles with his 13th Panzer Division so stealthily and quickly, causing confusion and panic in the enemy ranks, earning his new division the nickname "Ghost". But more recently, he was to be renowned for leading a failed attack on Raith Immel. He was forced to withdrawal and had damaged his pride. He was quite resentful, and wanted to as soon as possible. But it would seem he needed to first bring up the morale of his men, who were reluctant of the campaign, and skeptical if this was right.... King would change that.

He walked towards the crowd of men, with coffee in hand. He could feel the morning mist brush against his nose, and he smiled with glee. Today would be a good day he could tell. And what better way to begin the day but with a fiery speech eh? The subordinate officers saw King walk out, and quickly instructed the troops to stand at attention. Each and every one of them with precise and hardened discipline looked up directly at King. King pulled out his riding crop, or "swagger stick" and swung it side to side as he paced, getting ready to present his speech. The crop was mostly for show and what not. He usually used it to point men in the right direction, to move battlefield pieces, or on occasion, discipline soldiers. Usually officers, as King's relationship with his officers weren't as lovely as his relationship with his men. The soldiers had a strong respect for him that was almost fatherly. They had always put their trust and hope into him when he was leading the battle. He even gained respect for some of the officers, for he was from-the-front general, always wanting to be near the action. He held his swagger stick high in the air, and waved it up and down, instructing the troops to be at ease. They relaxed and looked up at the talker, intent to listen.

"Why good morning gentlemen. I see you’re bright-eyed and bushy tailed for our brand new day," King said vigorously, taking a sip of his coffee. His pleasant disposition seemed to take a more sinister turn as he began his beginning monologue. "Members of the 'so called' Monarchist Party of New Edom have controlled the land through murder, torture, intimidation, and extermination, causing a tyrannical blight across the land on the innocent people of New Edom. And that’s exactly what we’re gonna’ do to them! Fight ‘em Mono-e-mono at their own game: Cruelty. We will be cruel to the Monarchist, and through our cruelty they will know who we are! We will fight them to the last breath! We will curb stomp their inbred asses to the ground, and skull fuck there royal eye-sockets! We will demonstrate to them the inhumane nature of their crimes, and we will NOT show any mercy! And they will find the evidence of our cruelty by the disemboweled, dismembered, and disfigured bodies of their brothers that we leave behind for them... And they will be utterly terrified to comprehend the unimaginable agony and horror endured by their brothers at the hands of us; by the edge of our knives… by the barrels of our guns… and by the insanity of our imagination. The Monarchists will be sickened by us, the Monarchists will talk about us, and the Monarchists WILL FEAR US! They don't got no’ humanity. And they need to be DE-STROYED!" The enlisted men emitted a sadistic smile hearing these words. King was a brilliant orator; all SS officers were. The SS had the zeal and charisma to bring up morale, and King was particularly charming. The SS men were quite enthusiastic as they heard his slow, and dramatic emphasis on the violent parts. They jumped up and cheered King on, clapping their hands. Seeing this, the Legionaries followed in applause. Marx rolled his eyes in the background, out of sight of any of the men or King. Marx hated King and couldn't stand the sight of him, let alone hear him.

"Now hopefully that you’ve been awakened by my… passionate and fervent monologue about the disgusting fuckers sitting atop the throne, that I may now be able to relieve your wrath by telling you what we’re doing to stop this mockery.

The Elwe are an ethnic group indigenous to the heavy forested region of Raith Immel, North of New Edom. If any of my boys in the SS remember it, you’ll more precisely remember those big damn trees that got in our way. Offensively, these trees are a disadvantage. Our Panzers can’t blitz through them. Our infantry is not familiar with the exotic terrain. Strategically and tactically, we were screwed from the start thinking to start an attack there. Due to my fault, “King became more sullen at the mention of these words," I was too naïve, full of too much pride, and thought that we may have been able to maneuver through the forest as we did 70 years ago through the Manor Woods. I apologize for my incompetence… I feel humiliated that I have embarrassed you, I feel especially humiliated that I embarrassed myself, and most importantly I feel humiliated that I embarrassed our nation’s military, and our grand nation itself……

But I intend to change all this.

As I was saying, the Elwe are an ethnic group indigenous to the heavy forested region of Raith Immel. And it seems they’re in a bit of a stiffy with the New Edomite-Monarchist government. It is apparent that their so-called government has failed to meet to recognize the Elwe as part of their own. They blacken the Elwe land with the filth of capitalist greed as they demolish the once beautiful forest for the needs of… tourists. The Elwe, like us, share a strong warrior culture, and wish to reclaim their land back from the Capitalist-Monarchist pigs by force. The group of 56 million strong have been planning a rebellion for quite a while, after the creation of the Manifesto of Liberty inspired them to seek out the Liberty they so richly deserve. We wish to seek them out and aid their cause.

Originally, we had sent in a few recon squads to slip past the border and observe any radar stations for demolitions. To our jubilee, they found that the Elwe had already managed to destroy them and that it was their preemptive strike to begin their uprising. After a brief discussion by the commanding officer of the squad and the Elwe officer, they have accepted our foreign aid. We have had little time to discuss terms and logistics, but they have arranged for us to meet them as soon as they have Ambrosia Hotel under their control… We’re now codenaming it: 'WINERY' by the way. The officers and I shall discuss a strategy. That is our objective in a whole. Now let me burden you with the details. The name of this lil’ mission is Operation: 'DRUID’S FURY', and it is to be UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE DISCUSSED ALLOWED WHILE ON LEAVE OR OUTSIDE OF THE BRIEFING ROOM. IF THERE IS ANY SORT OF TREACHERY OR LEAK IN INFORMATION, THERE WILL BE CONSQUENCES… Now that I’ve got that bullshit out the way we can now get to the knitty-gritty details. Our specific objectives are: Perform Reconnaissance and Observation missions to acquire as much intel as possible, Sabotage New Edomite Military Bases in Raith Immel, gain a stable, and loyal alliance with the Elwe, teach the Elwe the elements of modern warfare, establish a Elwe State, and ultimately insure control in the North, so that when Operation: 'CORRIDOR OF DEATH' commences, our infantry can insure the usage of a blockade up North.

We will be dropped in under behind enemy lines dressed as a rogue, Anarchist-Revolutionary group, the Umbra Catervae, whom sympathizes with the Elwe cause, and wishes to establish their Elwe state. Discrepancy is of the utmost importance, as we don’t want any New Edomite to catch wind of our deeds. Even if they may predict it is us causing these deeds, they will not have a Casus Bellum. In fact, it may put the fear of us into em’ if we perform our task particularly ruthlessly." He paused for a minute, seeming to absorb some kind of joy. He explained it. "I love that word… ruthlessly… I’ve always loved the way it sounds and the connotation it brings forth…. I’m always happy to have the opportunity of using it in a sentence… Anyways, that’s on an unrelated note, let’s carry on." His brief moment made some of the soldiers good-naturedly chuckle, however it made Marx more sarcastic and critical of King.

The units that the Lord Marshal and the General Staff has supplied me with are quite admirable. I’ve got good ole’ Shadow Company (you bastards). As you know, you’re an elite Black Ops company, selected from the various branches of Lady Justice’s finest; The Vici Minervan Imperial Legion, The VM Red Navy, The VM Luftwaffe, and the VM Vaffen-SS. I have to say looking at such a find group of killers makes me want to cry…" Everyone clapped at the sound of that.

"Furthermore, we have been supplied with two additional Special Forces Companies, thus forming a Special Forces Battalion. Battalion Support includes two additional Batteries of the brand new WX1 Ausf. I 'Magnum' Self-Propelled Guns. It’s got a 155mm ETC Smoothbore Coilgun…. And it loads the new X-Caliber rounds…. And then some. Additionally, since air power is one of our biggest threats we’ll be given various AA defenses. Mostly SAMs and AA guns. However I think we’re pretty safe knowing that the Elwe got our backs with taking out those radar stations. But I digress, as the threat of New Edomite Air Power is legitimate." His officers began to look at him now, showing that they needed him for a moment. He looked back and nodded, but before he left, he returned his view back to his men.

"Looks like it’s time to go boys..." They all quickly began to get to their stations and await instructions. Each of them hastily getting up like a school class leaving the classroom before the teacher finished his lecture. King quickly interrupted their haste. "Ahhh-ahh, don’t go… I see the look of doubt in your eyes. I can see the cynical skepticism. Let me reassure you my comrades, this day WE WILL WIN THIS battle—and we shall win the war. We shall take not one step back comrades! We will not retreat in a march of shame as we did last time! Today we will take back our nation’s national glory, which has been lost for the past 70 years! Do not count days, do not count miles; count only the number of men you have killed! Do not waver! Do not hesitate! KILL!"

They all began to cheer crying out King's name. Each man now had a bright sparkle of hope in their eyes, feeling highly reassured of King's speech. They all began talking amongst themselves the desire they now felt to go kick ass. King smiled at them as he watched his "children" leave. He waved to them good luck and proceeded to converse with his officers Izabella was quite right, they were like his children...

Izabella... that was a voice he'd love to hear again. He had a felt a little bit sad knowing he hadn't seen his love in quite a while. He hoped that perhaps he'd have to go to Brightwater again and a see her. He began thinking of her, thinking of the day he spotted her, just walking amongst the crowd. It was like HE was struck with a Super HEAT round by her... and she had managed to pierce his heart with a Kinetic Energy penetrator. Wonderful thoughts of her began to burst throughout his head, but they soon disappeared as he watched Marx walk up to him. Before Marx had anything to say, Wellington managed to speak first.

"I believe you should go and discuss when we shall join up with the major Elwe group with the ambassadors sir." Wellington spoke as clearly and non-bias as possible. King had a feeling Wellington wouldn't bother him much. Neither would Utvich. In fact, as soon as they finished talking to him about it, they saluted him and went to their posts to attend to the troops. Now it was time for Marx to talk.

“That was quite a speech you conveyed there King …”replied Colonel Marx in his typical sarcastic tone. He held his arms up in disbelief at the zeal and enthusiasm the men had shown at the sound of King’s speech. He was particularly vehement at the fact that his own Legionaries were cheering King on. His scowl was equally met with an even more, vivacious and vicious growl by King. “I only hope that you can make a few men out of misfits… God only knows that we haven’t enough men since your defeat…”

King’s eyes were bright with fury as the arrogant subordinate back-sassed him. He looked at his riding crop and thought about near beating the bastard to death. How dare he insult him! He’s damn lucky that King didn’t decide to beat his brains out with a baseball bat! King gripped his crop, trying to show some restraint (or perhaps he was trying to intimidate Marx). King, in a now pompous and pious manner walked towards Marx; their faces only a few inches away from each other. One of the guards could’ve sworn that if the two men were any closer, they’d start gnashing at each other’s flesh like two dueling wolves. King inched up closer, and in a low hissed he clearly murmured to Marx:

“I can assure you Marx… In the time to come, I’ll have whole Army Groups under my command. When my war starts whole crowds of men will race to join the SS. Tomorrow there will be no shortage of Volunteers… No Shortage of Patriots… You know this. And if not, I hope you understand.”

King stepped away, snarling in contempt. He inspected Marx’s uniform more thoroughly. It was a shabby job, even for King, who normally wasn’t a stickler about uniform protocol. But today Marx had managed to piss King off something fierce. And as his speech dictated, King wasn’t in a particularly forgiving mood. As King continued to inspect Marx so punctiliously, he had managed to find that only Marx’s spit-shined boots seemed to ooze any pride or glory. King looked down at Marx’s boots and proceeded to scuff them, getting the filth of ten days’ worth of rain on them. Marx’s eyes nearly bulged out of his head at that act. He fantasized about beating the blonde-haired SOB to a pulp. King could see the wrath trying to contain itself in Marx’s eyes, and smiled.

He walked with more pep in his swagger, feeling satisfied by angering his “opponent”. He began for his tent. As he went into his personal command tent, he saw the Elwe ambassadors waiting for him, by his table. King coyly smiled and placed his beret and swagger stick on the table. He then got up again--briefly--to get some more coffee. He poured himself a cup, and then offered any for them. He then sat back down, and sipped his cup.

King smiled rather friendly. "Alright gentlemen, what shall we discuss?"

OOC: I'll write the ORBAT later once I get situated.
Last edited by Vici Minerva on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
III-D

Ossurwald
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ossurwald » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:45 pm

Pedrona watched the Elwe search his clothes. He hadn't carried a weapon in years. Frankly, weapons were very unsportsman like, besides being a dead giveaway. More countries than not had restrictive laws about them. He regarded the woman with the submachinegun carefully, and waited for the Elwe to finish searching his pockets.

"May I have my clothes back now?" he asked.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:12 pm

The Ambrosia Hotel

"Yes, please dress now Mr. Pedrona," said Eidolon politely. "You'll be glad to know that we don't want any information from you at all, so if you will please accompany my comrade here--" the young Elwe woman silently opened the door for him as had finished dressing and there was another Elwe waiting there. They both escorted him to a conference room; a third Elwe, another woman, was setting up a laptop with a video camera attached to it. "You are not going to have to do anything to betray your country, Sir," said the woman with a stronger accent than Eidolon's. "You will only have to state your name, where you are from, and that you are being held by Elwe operatives of the Red Branch, and repeat a short phrase we will show you. Can you please do this when we tell you the camera is ready?"

The Phrase
My name is (state name) of {state nation), I am (state job).
I am being held by operatives of the Red Branch, an Elwe Independence organization. The Red Branch wishes to open negotiations with the New Edomite Government. I am advised to inform my government that I and others will be held as hostages until such time as negotiations formally begin. I have been informed that I will not be harmed provided that there is no intereference with my captivity by any group and that negotiations do begin. At such time I will be released having been cared for and treated with as much dignity and kindness as is possible.

Ossurwald
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ossurwald » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:24 pm

Pedrona read the statement. "I'm sorry ma'am, but I have to refuse. I cannot be a cooperative party to coercive negotiations against an allied nation." He handed back the statement. "Film my face, say what you will, but I won't speak for you."

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 pm

Ossurwald wrote:Pedrona read the statement. "I'm sorry ma'am, but I have to refuse. I cannot be a cooperative party to coercive negotiations against an allied nation." He handed back the statement. "Film my face, say what you will, but I won't speak for you."

The woman sighed. "Mr. Pedrona, please, it is not being cooperative with our cause. It is simply a statement of fact." she suddenly brightened. "Would you at least be willing to state what has happened to you?"

Vici Minervan Base Camp

The lead Elwe was a man, named Cromm Deroil, dressed in traditional costume, his bearing noble and yet without arrogance or false swagger. He looked at King keenly and said, "I am glad to meet you, Field Marshal. You have a way of inspiring your people, I see. You are welcome." He offered his hand to him. "I am Cromm Deroil, and I am the Marshal of the Red Branch, who are made up of Niradnis, Hcagurg and Yerg Elwe. Not all of our tribe sees eye to eye with us, and so we have made a new warrior tribe that believes in what must be done. Let me explain the basic plan to you. We hope to having seized hostages at the Ambrosia Hotel have put such leverage upon the government that they will negotiate to give us the political freedom we want. However we are anticipating that they will try to send in special forces or something to rescue any hostages. We need to invest and occupy the surrounding forest and the airfield in such a way that we are unseen but also control the environment. If they do send in an attack we want to devastate it. Now fortunately there are only two roads to deal with--a small service road that goes along the hill back of the hotel and out towards the main highway in a loop. It is mostly to provide forestry and groundskeeping service, and is small enough that only one vehicle can reasonably use it at the time, though there is enough shoulder for emergencies. It is so surrounded by woods that it is a dream for ambush--a relatively small team could hold it. The other of course goes from the hotel to the airfield and then out to the highway. This is the road they are more likely to come up with a large force. There is of course the air and the forest itself. So I am hoping, Field Marshal, that we can work together in controlling this area of operations. I am also hoping that you brought the gifts promised us, for which we would be most grateful." He paused. "I am aware that this is not your fight, and that you cannot be expected to join in it directly, but if you wish to, you will be most welcome."
Last edited by New Edom on Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:09 pm

The Ambrosia Hotel

Eidolon laughed softly and nodded to his companion, who searched through the clothing carefully for any hidden weapons or items. (OOC: let me know if there are any please) The other Elwe shook his head and Eidolon nodded to the Ali-Zebu people if they had not already begun...

An Elwe woman entered the room, a submachingegun held with casual alertness in her hands. She murmured something to Eidolon, and he nodded to her. The woman went and waited by the door.

Aslin and Emel handed their over their smartphones and bags as soon as they were asked to. Lyubya sighed and removed her smartphone from her pocket and handed it to Eidolon. She then handed over a camera case she had across her shoulder. In the case was a small Kesree X-13 HD digital camcorder and extra memory. She handed over the bag and prayed the Elwe did not damage the camera or erase any of the memory cards.

On hearing they had to strip, Emel was a bit mortified. If it had only been other men in the room, perhaps this would have been easier on his mind. As it was though, the notion of being naked before women who were not his wife was troubling if not a bit taboo. Aslin noticed his unease and turned to him and put her hand on his cheek.

“Do as the man says, love. I am sure everyone in this room will understand why you need to do this,” is what she spoke to her husband in their native tongue before she kissed his forehead.

Emel, eased by Aslin’s words, but still ashamed, removed his clothing until he was left standing in a pair of black briefs. Aslin then proceeded to carefully remove her clothing until she was left in nothing but a pair azure designer panties. She did her best not flush with anger at having to do something so demeaning and inappropriate.

Lyubya sighed when she was told she needed to strip. Not only were these people extremely rude, but now they were demanding that she take off her clothes? It was unheard of, unthinkable to demand such a thing. She quickly pulled of her shirt and pulled down her jeans and tossed them to the ground. She was standing as naked as the day she was born, revealing to the world every last inch of her body and the small purple rose tattooed around her navel.

She then spoke to all the Elwe in the room with annoyance.

“Is there anything else? Are you enjoying what you see?”

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:29 pm

The eyes of the two younger Elwe, though still predatory, changed a bit; they could not see the one who was looking through their gear--though Eidolon gave him a sharp gaze, but the other, who stood nearby him, shifted on his bare feet, his eyes like flames going over the curves of the women, flicking between them. But Eidolon shook his head. "Of course, but that's not the point. The point is security, and again I apologize for the necessity. I have to say that you seem awfully outraged for a woman not wearing underwear, but that's besides the point." He nodded to his companion, who searched quickly through their clothing and found nothing; as with Pedrona their personal jewellry and electronics were scooped into a basket and put aside while their clothing was silently handed back to them.

"Besides," Eidolon continued, "You are all very handsome people, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Please get dressed and follow me when you are done."

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Aslin and Lyubya had looked curiously as one of the Elwe men had scanned their bodies with hungry eyes. It was interesting the way foreigners fixated on particular parts of the body and Lyubya thought she might take advantage of that in the future.

Lyubya gave something like a “Hmpf” when Eidolon had commented on her anger. If things were resolved without herself dying, then she would have to teach him and the others to how to properly interact with her.

Emel was glad to have his clothes returned and he hastily put them on, albeit with mixed results. Aslin then fixed her husbands attire before putting her own clothes back on. Lyubya casually grabbed her jeans and slid them back on. She then grabbed her shirt and made sure to slip one arm at a time into it’s sleeve before pulling the shirt down over her torso.

Aslin and the others then made to follow after Eidolon.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Eidolon nodded approvingly as he saw Aslin helping Emel clothe himself; he approved of a stable marriage. He smiled at Lyubya and said, "You are very beautiful; I have to say I wish we were meeting under better circumstances. Please..." he gestured towards the door. He had noted one of his younger comrades catching his breath involuntarily at each movement of her body. Eidolon made a mental note to change guards for the prisoners.

The Ali-Zebu women were taken to a different room by two Elwe guards, and asked to sit down by an Elwe woman with raven hair and blue eyes. She smiled at them warmly. She was slim like most Elwe but possibly had some Baran blood, for she had curvaceous hips and a very full bosom; she wore a long tunic patterned like the leaf camouflage paint the others wore. She was the only one so far that was not nearly naked though her slim but strong legs were bare and she was barefoot. "My name is Arete," she said. "Please tell me your names and what you do for a living, and if any of you have any medical conditions we should know about."

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:56 pm

Aslin and Emel walked through the door first while Lyubya sauntered after them. Lyubya smiled back at Arete and gave the required information.

“Lyubya Anvaževic, Chief Financial Officer of Özmar Shipbuilding. No medical conditions and in fine shape.”

Lyubya then sighed internally. It was unfortunate she had to be here during an uprising.

Aslin then answered the Elwe’s question.

“Aslin Osmal, Chief Executive of Özmar Shipbuilding and no medical conditions.”

She then nodded to Emel who then quietly answered the woman’s question.

“I am Emel Osmar and I am Aslin’s secretary. I am healthy.”

Aslin then faced Arete and asked a question of her own.

“Is there anything else Arete, or can we now rest somewhere?”

Vici Minerva
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vici Minerva » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:31 pm

New Edom wrote:
Ossurwald wrote:Pedrona read the statement. "I'm sorry ma'am, but I have to refuse. I cannot be a cooperative party to coercive negotiations against an allied nation." He handed back the statement. "Film my face, say what you will, but I won't speak for you."

The woman sighed. "Mr. Pedrona, please, it is not being cooperative with our cause. It is simply a statement of fact." she suddenly brightened. "Would you at least be willing to state what has happened to you?"

Vici Minervan Base Camp

The lead Elwe was a man, named Cromm Deroil, dressed in traditional costume, his bearing noble and yet without arrogance or false swagger. He looked at King keenly and said, "I am glad to meet you, Field Marshal. You have a way of inspiring your people, I see. You are welcome." He offered his hand to him. "I am Cromm Deroil, and I am the Marshal of the Red Branch, who are made up of Niradnis, Hcagurg and Yerg Elwe. Not all of our tribe sees eye to eye with us, and so we have made a new warrior tribe that believes in what must be done. Let me explain the basic plan to you. We hope to having seized hostages at the Ambrosia Hotel have put such leverage upon the government that they will negotiate to give us the political freedom we want. However we are anticipating that they will try to send in special forces or something to rescue any hostages. We need to invest and occupy the surrounding forest and the airfield in such a way that we are unseen but also control the environment. If they do send in an attack we want to devastate it. Now fortunately there are only two roads to deal with--a small service road that goes along the hill back of the hotel and out towards the main highway in a loop. It is mostly to provide forestry and groundskeeping service, and is small enough that only one vehicle can reasonably use it at the time, though there is enough shoulder for emergencies. It is so surrounded by woods that it is a dream for ambush--a relatively small team could hold it. The other of course goes from the hotel to the airfield and then out to the highway. This is the road they are more likely to come up with a large force. There is of course the air and the forest itself. So I am hoping, Field Marshal, that we can work together in controlling this area of operations. I am also hoping that you brought the gifts promised us, for which we would be most grateful." He paused. "I am aware that this is not your fight, and that you cannot be expected to join in it directly, but if you wish to, you will be most welcome."

Vici Minervan/Elwe Base Camp

King politely took Cromm's hand, shaking it firmly but not in a barbaric manner. He nodded and smiled shrewdly to himself, feeling satisfied with the speech he gave. After the greeting formality, King began looking over various maps of New Edom. He wasn't quite pleased with them, as they lacked any sufficient data particular to Raith Immel, and he was sure to ask Cromm of any more precise maps. He listened intently as the Elwe discussed this battle plan while King began filing away his little dossiers on various subjects. Underneath his table he picked up a strange metal suitcase. It had a rough exterior; however it was clearly brand new, as it was void of any scratches or dirt. On the front of the Suitcase bore the symbol of an "X" and a swastika in the right-hand corner. This "X" was the corporate emblem of the Weapon-X Arms Manufacturing Company, which was the nation's creator of arms. At the moment, a very discreet and shady business deal was being conducted by Weapon-X, Lyran Arms, VMK AG, and LG Defense systems. The project was part of a massive rearmament program to modernize the Vici Minervan military, which had been found to be in need of a reboot. The suitcase was one of the many "love-children" of this project.

As Cromm finished discussing his strategy King had promptly, but politely, began discussing his critique of the plan. "General Deroil, let me first say that that is a brilliant opening strategy and I encourage the action. However, it's only a good OPENING strategy. I hate to be the pessimist here, but it sounds highly unlikely that the New Edomites will cooperate. Particularly the Monarchists... The Monarchists will object to it. I'm sorry General, but they won't just hand you your nation on a silver platter. Unless of course you have High-level assets, such as members of the New Edomite royal family. But I doubt you have him, do you?" King tried to be friendly, hoping that he wasn't insulting the General. He poured some more coffee for himself and offered some yet again to the General. "Now I'm not saying this is a bad idea, I just suggest that you think through your actions. Take some time to plot any kind of possibilities General. If I may say, I have a general strategy to win you your nation. Now whether you take my advice is to your own, but consider the fact that this choice may lead to the prosperity of your people or the utter end of its reign. And I can assure you that the Monarchists will effectively begin heavily enforcing stricter laws on this incident.... We can't 100% guarantee that we can get you your freedom, but we can give you the know-how to get it. And that my friend is worth a helluva' lot more than guns, artillery pieces, and heavily armored tanks." King sipped his coffee, hoping that his words of wisdom would settle with Cromm. He leaned forward. "Would you like my assistance and strategic advice, sir?" He leaned back and took another sip of his coffee. When he spoke it was gentler and less hostile than normal. He didn't want to get into a spat. The last thing he wanted was a bad relationship between him and the Elwe.
Last edited by Vici Minerva on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
III-D

Ossurwald
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Ossurwald » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Pedrona bit his lip and considered. "I will say my name and position, and that I've been taken prisoner. Other than that, I'll say nothing." Best meet them part way. There'd be other chances to test their limitations.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents