NATION

PASSWORD

Is Fox News...News?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Brewdomia
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Is Fox News...News?

Postby Brewdomia » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:19 am

Is it? Or is it just a channel, where I can get a daily laugh from Bill O, Hannity and Beck? I was watching the Daily Show With Jon Stewart, and it showed the hypocrisy of all these guys from, when Bush was in power to when Obama was in power.

Iron Chariots
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Is Fox News...News?

Postby Iron Chariots » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:34 am

Well I guess it is a news station... just not a very good one.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.13

RightWingChristians
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby RightWingChristians » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:35 am

It is a new station.

One of many.
Alert Rating
1 2 3 4 5
Deployments: Looking for lost landmines
Chief Inquisitor of the Catholic Church

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:35 am

Fox News is a channel of commentary shows with about an hour of actual news coverage to break the monotony. :p

Commentary shows, whether they be on MSNBC, CNN, Fox News or any other news network should not be able to label themselves 'news'. To that end, I recommend giving commentary shows their own channel.
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:38 am

It's a right-wing spin doctoring network that's not above selecting members of their own side to "Throw Under the Bus" for damage control to their own image:
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Tekania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 26, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tekania » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:38 am

Brewdomia wrote:Is it? Or is it just a channel, where I can get a daily laugh from Bill O, Hannity and Beck? I was watching the Daily Show With Jon Stewart, and it showed the hypocrisy of all these guys from, when Bush was in power to when Obama was in power.

Naw, it's merely a form of entertainment for the extreme-right... Whenever there is a profitable Market, someone is going to fill it...

I happen to know Fox itself has Homosexuals working in Producer capacities for their shows... They only hire the faces and names for the screen, and let them spew the trash, because they know it'll bring them revenue from all the blithering-idiot righties who watch them...
Such heroic nonsense!

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:42 am

Fixed Noise is naught but a money-whore. Just think... if a big market for news with a Marxist spin opened up, they'd be fellating Marx and quoting from the Communist Manifesto and Das Kapital as if they were the Old Testament and the New Testament.

Verlorenen
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Verlorenen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:44 am

Ultimately, every American news station has a bias or a hidden agenda. That's why American news is effectively useless.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:46 am

Verlorenen wrote:Ultimately, every human news station has a bias or a hidden agenda. That's why all human-run news is effectively useless.

Fixed for you.
Last edited by Conserative Morality on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Redneck Wonders
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Redneck Wonders » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:46 am

It's better than CNN....the Communist News Network!! :palm:

Exilia and Colonies
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Exilia and Colonies » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 am

Conserative Morality wrote:
Verlorenen wrote:Ultimately, every human news station has a bias or a hidden agenda. That's why all human-run news is effectively useless.

Fixed for you.

But the robot news just keeps telling me to use google and to ignore the massive human processing plants. :(
VEGAN IS SYMBOLIC OPPRESSION! STOP THE MURDER OF PLANTS! GO SUNLIGHT DIET!

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:49 am

Redneck Wonders wrote:It's better than CNN....the Communist News Network!! :palm:

:palm: :palm: :palm: :palm:
Yes, because Communists would take anything big business says seriously.
Last edited by Milks Empire on Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:50 am

Redneck Wonders wrote:It's better than CNN....the Communist News Network!! :palm:

:rofl:
Blouman Empire wrote:Natural is not nature.

KiloMikeAlpha wrote:Umm hmm.... mind if I siggy that as a reminder to those who think that it is cool to shove their bat-shit crazy atheist beliefs on those of us who actually have a clue?

Teccor wrote:You're actually arguing with Kereptica? It's like arguing with a far-Left, militantly atheist brick wall.

Bluth Corporation wrote:No. A free market literally has zero bubbles.

JJ Place wrote:I have a few more pressing matters to attend to right now; I'll be back later this evening to continue my one-man against the world struggle.

Mercator Terra wrote: Mental illness is a myth.

Lunatic Goofballs
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Lunatic Goofballs » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:51 am

Yep, that's what Ted Turner is. A big ol' communist. :p
Life's Short. Munch Tacos.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
Hunter S. Thompson

Colonic Immigration
Minister

Founded: Mar 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonic Immigration » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:54 am

Can't coment.
RoI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Western Mercenary Unio - Yeah, you kinda make idiocy an art

Haikus are easy,
They don't always make much sense,
Refrigerator

A White Hawk
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby A White Hawk » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:57 am

Fox is just a bias to the right as the Huffington Post Newspaper or MSNBC is left. It is just Fox has a few neo-cons that are extreme on the American level.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:59 am

Exilia and Colonies wrote:But the robot news just keeps telling me to use google and to ignore the massive human processing plants. :(

I think you should listen to them. :)
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Gauthier
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Gauthier » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:01 pm

Exilia and Colonies wrote:But the robot news just keeps telling me to use google and to ignore the massive human processing plants. :(

I think you should listen to them. :)

And then the end result? The typical FOXNews audience.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

Milks Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Milks Empire » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Gauthier wrote:And then the end result? The typical FOXNews audience.

Robots can be reprogrammed. Dittoheads and their kin... well, that's a bit more difficult. :p

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Robots who have been inspired to destroy the human race, believing that such stupidity could only lead to the quick downfall of humanity as we know it?

In other words, our future Robot Overlords?

North Suran
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Suran » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:03 pm

A White Hawk wrote:Fox is just a bias to the right as the Huffington Post Newspaper or MSNBC is left. It is just Fox has a few neo-cons that are extreme on the American level.

There's a difference between "bias" and "outright fabrication and the distortion of the truth".

The Huffington Post may be left-leaning, but at least their articles don't consist purely of partisan bullshit and contains facts.

Fox News, on the other hand, could take a story about Obama saving a kitten from a tree and twist it into "Obama Places Kitten before Death Panel".

Either that, or angrily shriek: "So Obama can save cats from trees, but he can't save the economy?!"
Neu Mitanni wrote:As for NS, his latest statement is grounded in ignorance and contrary to fact, much to the surprise of all NSGers.

New Kereptica
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 14, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby New Kereptica » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:04 pm

Robots who have been inspired to destroy the human race, believing that such stupidity could only lead to the quick downfall of humanity as we know it?

I, for one, welcome them.
Blouman Empire wrote:Natural is not nature.

KiloMikeAlpha wrote:Umm hmm.... mind if I siggy that as a reminder to those who think that it is cool to shove their bat-shit crazy atheist beliefs on those of us who actually have a clue?

Teccor wrote:You're actually arguing with Kereptica? It's like arguing with a far-Left, militantly atheist brick wall.

Bluth Corporation wrote:No. A free market literally has zero bubbles.

JJ Place wrote:I have a few more pressing matters to attend to right now; I'll be back later this evening to continue my one-man against the world struggle.

Mercator Terra wrote: Mental illness is a myth.

Christmahanikwanzikah
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Christmahanikwanzikah » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 pm

It's news.

I'm don't have to comment on the quality of it, but it's news!

North Suran
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Suran » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:05 pm

New Kereptica wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Robots who have been inspired to destroy the human race, believing that such stupidity could only lead to the quick downfall of humanity as we know it?

I, for one, welcome them.

Beat me to the punch.

As such:

I, for one, welcome our new Dalek-rat Overlords.
Last edited by North Suran on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neu Mitanni wrote:As for NS, his latest statement is grounded in ignorance and contrary to fact, much to the surprise of all NSGers.

Kobrania
Minister

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kobrania » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Glen beck is mentally unstable and should be house in a rubber lined cell.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General