NATION

PASSWORD

I Believe I can Fly! [SUBMITTED]

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

I Believe I can Fly! [SUBMITTED]

Postby TurtleShroom » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:19 am

NATIONSTATES
ISSUE: DRUG OVERUSE

ISSUE NAME: I Believe I Can Fly!

DESCRIPTION: Over consumption of hallucinogens by the vast majority of adult citizens of @@NAME@@ has led to unprecedented amounts of people bungee jumping off of bridges, cliffs, trees, houses, and most anything over three stories tall… without cords.

VALIDITY: For any nation with lax drug laws, particularly ones that emphasize hallucinogens, LSD, acids, and “mind-altering” drugs.

CHOICES:

[option]“With all due respect, legalizing these deadly poisons was one of the absolute most idiotic, naïve, dangerous, and downright STUPID policies EVER enacted by the @@TYPE@@.” retorts @@RANDOMNAME@@, a nurse at one of @@NAME@@’s largest hospitals. “A guy thinks he’s ‘@@ANIMAL@@ Man’ and leaps off a tower, expecting a grappling hook to swing him to the next building. People think they’re Max Barry and are starting to question everything in government. A guy… hey! HEY! Don’t eat that! It’s mind altering effects areeeeeeeee…………..-|---_/--…^^./”
[effect]the nation has reversed its legalization of hallucinogens
[stats]Drug Use down, Lax Drug Laws down, Crime down, Stupidity down, Intelligence up, Taxes up, Happiness down, “Death by Bungee Jumping” slashed, Liberal Rating down, Lifespan up, Civil Rights slashed

[option]Despite the nurse’s warning, you eagerly ingested the LSD. Swirling into the array of trippy colors, an anthromorphic zebra, sitting in a rocking chair and donning a trench coat, manifests himself before you. “Hello Kevin.” he says. “It’s nice of you to join me in the world of open-mindedness and true exploration of your true self. I’ve heard from the magical triangle kids that you are contemplating criminalizing these beautiful drugs. Why? It’s their body, and if they think their nostrils whisper to them or jump off skyscrapers for exercising their fundamental rights… then so be it. Their body, their right to kill it.” the zebra winks and then vanishes as you regain your sanity.
[effect]jumping off buildings is a societal norm
[stats]“Death by Bungee Jumping” skyrockets, Lax Drugs up, Liberalism up, Civil Rights skyrockets, Stupidity way up, Happiness way up, Lifespan down, “Death by Old Age” slashed, Healthcare Budget up (hospitals increase), Productivity down, Economy slightly up, Rebellious Youth up

[option]You wake up and realize you’re not in your office. You’re hanging by your ankle, suspended by a bungee cord, dangling off @@CAPITAL@@’s tallest building. An unwashed, long haired man, also dangling from a cord, turns to look at you. “Whoa, @@LEADER@@, you, like, saw the zebra too, man… yeah… I was, like, thinking that the zebra was, like, right man. –but he, like, totally doesn't go far enough, man! There are still people who haven’t freed their minds, man! Like, those prudes in the church-temple things, man, like them. The government should, like, totally do its job to make life better, man, and like, totally make acid and stuff, like, compulsory or stuff, man. Just, like, slip it into the water supply, man, and like, we’ll all be drifting off to a better world… man.”
[effect]the consumption of hallucinogens is compulsory
[stats]Liberalism up, Civil Rights slashed, Happiness skyrockets, “Irreverence to religion” added, Lax Drugs skyrockets, Happiness way up, Government becomes looser (it’s hard to rule when you’re always high), Anarchy up (as such), Crime up, Rebellious Youth skyrockets, “Death by Bungee Jumping” immensely skyrockets up, Lifespan slashed, “Death by Old Age” slashed, God Forsaken rating up, adds “Renowned for its forced ingestion of LSD”

:D
Last edited by TurtleShroom on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Jesus Loves You and Died for You!!
●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ש✞ש▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

Filmtecknarnia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Filmtecknarnia » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:53 pm

Far out concept man

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:53 am

I just have one problem, renowned is spelled wrong.
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

Marcheria
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marcheria » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:57 am

I see no problem with this....OH MY G-D GIANT OMELET IN MY BEDROOM!!!

...I think I might select the third option....
I'm BACK after a long absence! New sig to come.

Chinese Regions
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Chinese Regions » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:57 am

I is better to use "citizens of @@NAME@@" instead of "@@NAME@@ers" for a demonym because it will sound weird with come nations such as mine.
Fan of Transformers?|Fan of Star Trek?|你会说中文吗?
Geopolitics: Internationalist, Pan-Asian, Pan-African, Pan-Arab, Pan-Slavic, Eurofederalist,
  • For the promotion of closer ties between Europe and Russia but without Dugin's anti-intellectual quackery.
  • Against NATO, the Anglo-American "special relationship", Israel and Wahhabism.

Sociopolitics: Pro-Intellectual, Pro-Science, Secular, Strictly Anti-Theocractic, for the liberation of PoCs in Western Hemisphere without the hegemony of white liberals
Economics: Indifferent

Xentinel
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Xentinel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:24 am

o.O

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:11 pm

Maroza wrote:I just have one problem, renowned is spelled wrong.

Chinese Regions wrote:I is better to use "citizens of @@NAME@@" instead of "@@NAME@@ers" for a demonym because it will sound weird with come nations such as mine.

Your ideas have been taken into consideration, and the Issue has been corrected accordingly.
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

NationStates' only surviving States' Rights Democrat/Dixiecrat (minus the rascism)!

TurtleShroom
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby TurtleShroom » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:14 pm

ISSUE SUBMITTED!

Dang, I really need to log all the Issues I've written.

:D
THE FUTURE
IS IN THE
PAST!!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?