NATION

PASSWORD

MT Realistic War Interest

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Asumbuoy
Envoy

Founded: Apr 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

MT Realistic War Interest

Postby Asumbuoy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:39 am

I saw a thread for this a short while ago but the IC never took off so now I'm here to give it a second go.

Basically, what I want is for an Imperial nation to invade mines, since I have a defense force and not an offensive military I can't invade other countries. But, I don't want huge military's, I would like it to be something realistic, as in, something a real life country could support. I have a map of my region below, the capital cities are marked. It doesn't matter to me if I lose or win, so long as the RPing is good.

So, anyone interested?

My Map
My Factbook
RP Pop: 72,000,000
Military Pop: 200,000
Reserves: 1,350,000

Norstal wrote:You can't fap to NS? Are you saying we're not good enough for you?

Aquitayne
Senator

Founded: Jun 24, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aquitayne » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:25 am

I'm interested. Could be good experience.
[ Embassy Program | A Collection of Essays | Parliamentary Hansard | Axalon Private Military Company | My iiwiki Page ]
[ W&A: Global Intelligence | Aquitaynian Foreign Legion | Affairs of the Region | Freyport Armory ]

I'm a former N&I RP Mentor, not very active these days but feel free to reach out if I can help with anything!

"When you have power, use it to build people, not constrict them."-Bertrand Russell
"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."-Abraham Lincoln

Duderology - The Study of Duder.
16:08 GHawkins I continue to be amazed by Aq's ability to fuck up his own name.

Yauk
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Yauk » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:15 pm

I could the invader by bringing a small force of my own to invade.

Izarius
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Izarius » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:44 pm

If their is any genocide, racism, or capitalism vs communism involved, I'd be interested in getting directly involved militarily. If it is simply an imperialist war against a capitalist country, I could send support (food, oil, ammunition, medical supplies) to the attacked country.

Of course, this is only if there is actual RP'ing and not noobishness.
Last edited by Izarius on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supporter of the true legitimate government in Libya, that of Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi.
Read this first before complaining about Gaddafi's supposed crimes
The Libyan NTC refuses to stop ethnic cleansing

Pro-democracy groups have overthrown the Izarian regime
PRIMA Defense Systems

[ ] 0: Normal readiness
[ ] 1: Increased alert
[ ] 2: High alert
[ ] 3: Full alert
[ ] 4: Limited war
[x] 5: Total war

Shanix
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:52 pm

I'd be happy to join (With a small force, mind you, I won't even begin to try to mobilize even an eighth of my military) in, if you want to fight a bigger country (Because realistically, a larger country like mine would enjoy gobbling up yours :lol: )
Just know when it's real and when it isn't.

Asumbuoy
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asumbuoy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:54 pm

Izarius wrote:If their is any genocide, racism, or capitalism vs communism involved, I'd be interested in getting directly involved militarily. If it is simply an imperialist war against a capitalist country, I could send support (food, oil, ammunition, medical supplies) to the attacked country.

Of course, this is only if there is actual RP'ing and not noobishness.

It doesn't have to be just an Imperialist invasion, I would be willing to give a reasoning for the invasion. Maybe not genocide or racism but developing nuclear warheads I think would be good enough.

Shanix wrote:I'd be happy to join (With a small force, mind you, I won't even begin to try to mobilize even an eighth of my military) in, if you want to fight a bigger country (Because realistically, a larger country like mine would enjoy gobbling up yours :lol: )

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid, apart from China or India no country in the world has a population of anywhere near half a billion people never mind your 2 billion. For the purposes of this RP I'm looking for people who RP with a population of in and around or below 100 million.
My Factbook

Norstal wrote:You can't fap to NS? Are you saying we're not good enough for you?

United World Order
Senator

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United World Order » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:55 pm

I'd be intrested to maybe not be the invader but be a nation that Militarly supports the invader

Shanix
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:58 pm

Asumbuoy wrote:
Shanix wrote:I'd be happy to join (With a small force, mind you, I won't even begin to try to mobilize even an eighth of my military) in, if you want to fight a bigger country (Because realistically, a larger country like mine would enjoy gobbling up yours :lol: )

That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid, apart from China or India no country in the world has a population of anywhere near half a billion people never mind your 2 billion. For the purposes of this RP I'm looking for people who RP with a population of in and around or below 100 million.

Want me to use my puppet? (Urgruya)

Asumbuoy
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asumbuoy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:59 pm

Fine with me.

Also, if anyone doesn't directly want to involve their country I would be willing to let someone RP as either a pro or anti invader rebel force inside my nation.
My Factbook

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:59 pm

I may be interested, depending on the circumstances.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Zepplien
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zepplien » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:00 pm

I could join invaders, or defenders, whoever promises land to the Hegemony of Zepplien
Generation 29 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
Come to the Communist side, we have Cookies Wheat
I take boring you to a whole new level!
Never mistake my IC nation for communism. think of it as Zepism, something unique and terrifying
Ode to Zepplin:

You Play as a Bisexual think tank, in a woemans body so gracefully... But as quickly as you came you are gone playing a Chineese Clone... Then you are a stupid, homocidal iddiot who will kill 1000 people for his own power... You are my hero.

Asumbuoy
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asumbuoy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:03 pm

Shanix wrote:
Asumbuoy wrote:

Want me to use my puppet? (Urgruya)

Yeah, you can use it if you want. Do you have any military info for it?
My Factbook

NewLakotah
Minister

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby NewLakotah » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Oh, and I Rp with a population of 100 million.
"How smooth must be the language of the whites, when they can make right look like wrong, and wrong like right." ~~ Black Hawk, Sauk

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." ~~ Tecumseh

Free Leonard Peltier!!

Shanix
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Asumbuoy wrote:
Shanix wrote:Want me to use my puppet? (Urgruya)

Military size is about 1.2 million. So invading force would be about, at the most, 95,000-200,000

Asumbuoy
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asumbuoy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Shanix wrote:
Asumbuoy wrote:

Military size is about 1.2 million. So invading force would be about, at the most, 95,000-200,000

Alright, I'll accept that.

Do you need a reason for invasion or is conquest enough? If not I'll say I'm developing nuclear warheads or something along those lines.

I have an invading force now, no more requests. If anyone else wants to join you can RP as a rebel force or provide support for me or Shanix.
My Factbook

Zeiffelheim
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeiffelheim » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:18 pm

I would be quite interested in RPing as a country coming to Asumbuoy's aid to defend against an imperialist invasion. My military is approximately 3 Million in number (though nearly half of that number are reservists and I would only be sending a few divisions, say 200,000 to 500,000 men).
President: Brian Sjorfreid
Prime Minister: Michael Thomas
High Commander of the Armed Forces of the Republic: Grand Admiral John Reicher
Army:
Infantry Corps
Armored Corps
Artillery Corps
Airborne Infantry Corps (Rangers)
Army Elite Special Operations Force (Blue Berets)
Field Reconnaissance Force (Ghosts)
Department of Military Intelligence

Navy:
Republican Naval Force
Republican Marine Corps
Naval Special Warfare Division (Strikers)
Department of Naval Intelligence

Republican Air Force:
Research and Development
Air Combat Force
Rescue and Retrieval Operations Force (Angels)

Republican Civil Defense Force:
Home Guard
Republican Honor Guard (Sentinels)
Defcon:
1 2 3 4 5

Asumbuoy
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asumbuoy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Zeiffelheim wrote:I would be quite interested in RPing as a country coming to Asumbuoy's aid to defend against an imperialist invasion. My military is approximately 3 Million in number (though nearly half of that number are reservists and I would only be sending a few divisions, say 200,000 to 500,000 men).

3 million is way too much, even if you are just sending 200,000 men. I'm looking for something realistic, not million men armies.
My Factbook

Shanix
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:22 pm

Asumbuoy wrote:
Shanix wrote:Military size is about 1.2 million. So invading force would be about, at the most, 95,000-200,000

Do you need a reason for invasion or is conquest enough? If not I'll say I'm developing nuclear warheads or something along those lines.

...Uhmm...Let me check out your stats real quick...
High political rights? Oh no no no no no, that just won't do. The masses can't be trusted to elect their leaders. And look at all that land you got there, and not to mention all those resources. Land, Resources...This will be akin to Robert Conroy's 1901 (Where Germany invaded the US to stop them from getting big in the world, as well as get a lot of money and resources, and force them to be a smaller fleet).

Plus, I'm willing to loose. I seem to enjoy loosing, it makes me feel like I roleplay better.

On a side note, 200,000-500,000 people is a good sized invasion force, 2.4 milion (I believe) is the largest invasion force ever readied. But yeah, I'm going to just probably go 113,000 soldiers. Including Naval and Air Force, not just army.
Last edited by Shanix on Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Po do
Secretary

Founded: Aug 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Po do » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Mind if I join?

Asumbuoy
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asumbuoy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:32 pm

Shanix wrote:
Asumbuoy wrote:

...Uhmm...Let me check out your stats real quick...
High political rights? Oh no no no no no, that just won't do. The masses can't be trusted to elect their leaders. And look at all that land you got there, and not to mention all those resources. Land, Resources...This will be akin to Robert Conroy's 1901 (Where Germany invaded the US to stop them from getting big in the world, as well as get a lot of money and resources, and force them to be a smaller fleet).

Plus, I'm willing to loose. I seem to enjoy loosing, it makes me feel like I roleplay better.

On a side note, 200,000-500,000 people is a good sized invasion force, 2.4 milion (I believe) is the largest invasion force ever readied.

I thought Germany done in in WW2 with their Soviet invasion, 3.9 million troops or near that.

Alright, I'll let you(Zeiffelheim) join, but with a maximum of 150,000 troops.

Po do wrote:Mind if I join?

You can join, but as what?
My Factbook

Shanix
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Shanix » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Asumbuoy wrote:
Shanix wrote:...Uhmm...Let me check out your stats real quick...

On a side note, 200,000-500,000 people is a good sized invasion force, 2.4 milion (I believe) is the largest invasion force ever readied.

I thought Germany done in in WW2 with their Soviet invasion, 3.9 million troops or near that.

Yes, 3.9 Million, but, remember, they only had to truck, train, and transport them over land. Crossing several hundred, even thousands of miles of open water is, to begin with, a very risky endeavor. Not to mention, it's a logistical nightmare. Crossing the oceans, with several thousand/hundred thousand men is like moving 4 million men across land. You're better off playing diplomacy.

Zeiffelheim
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeiffelheim » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Asumbuoy wrote:
Alright, I'll let you(Zeiffelheim) join, but with a maximum of 150,000 troops.

Thank you, that sounds quite reasonable.

Shanix wrote:Yes, 3.9 Million, but, remember, they only had to truck, train, and transport them over land. Crossing several hundred, even thousands of miles of open water is, to begin with, a very risky endeavor. Not to mention, it's a logistical nightmare. Crossing the oceans, with several thousand/hundred thousand men is like moving 4 million men across land. You're better off playing diplomacy.

True, land transport can be easier, but by the time the Allies were five days into Operation Overlord they had put over 325,000 men onto the beaches, landing approximately 150,000 men on D-Day alone. Twenty-four days in they had landed over 850,000 men, and by July they had sent over one million soldiers.

Granted, the greater the distance one must ferry the troops, the more difficult it will be. But this RP is set in MT, not the 1940s. We have much more sophisticated means of transport and communication now than we did back then. Essentially, if a one million man force can be transported across the English Channel in a little less than one month back in 1944, then I can probably get 150,000 men wherever they need to go in the present day.
President: Brian Sjorfreid
Prime Minister: Michael Thomas
High Commander of the Armed Forces of the Republic: Grand Admiral John Reicher
Army:
Infantry Corps
Armored Corps
Artillery Corps
Airborne Infantry Corps (Rangers)
Army Elite Special Operations Force (Blue Berets)
Department of Military Intelligence

Navy:
Republican Naval Force
Republican Marine Corps
Naval Special Warfare Division (Strikers)
Department of Naval Intelligence

Republican Air Force:
Research and Development
Air Combat Force
Rescue and Retrieval Operations Force (Angels)

Republican Civil Defense Force:
Home Guard
Republican Honor Guard (Sentinels)
Defcon:
1 2 3 4 5

Lolzieristan
Minister

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Lolzieristan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:37 pm

What is your definition of "realistic", exactly? I'd be interested in joining, probably. And I have a rough sketch of my RP region's map, found here:

http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/n533/Lolzieristan/?action=view&current=StaniaMapv10.jpg
First off, with the exception of Shikaristan and That's Classified (which are no longer active), those are all my puppets...cuz I'm a pro.
Secondly, those blank countries on the left may become even more puppets, but if anyone wants the old Shikaristan and That's Classified plots, they can be claimed, so long as I can figure out how to edit that damn picture again...
Sometimes I'm reading through military threads here, and I stop and think "What the hell is wrong with all of us?" But then I get on Facebook, and realize I'd rather be insane than an idiot.
04/17/13: Got my wish, it seems, in terms of major depressive disorder. I'm sorry to everyone for any inactivity, it's...well, hard.

Asumbuoy
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Asumbuoy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:02 am

When I say realistic, I mean that I don't want million men armies storming around. I'm looking for people to tone down their populations for this RP to something relative of that to a real life country, I RP with a pop of 72 million, even though my NS page says over 600 million. Also I'm looking to take in every aspect of what a modern day invasion carries, such as the cost, logistics, time and troop morale to name a few.

And Shanix, you can take a lot more than 113,000 personnel if you want. I have my active forces at 200,000 which includes a non combat research and development branch. Besides that there are volunteer local defense teams in larger towns and when the invasion starts I might call a small draft of another 50,000 troops.
My Factbook

Freyden
Attaché

Founded: Apr 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Freyden » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:47 am

I'm interested in this, and I'm willing to work with my population being thirded/quartered for this RP. To what purpose will the invasion serve? Just imperialism or will there be a triggering event?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents