NATION

PASSWORD

Nautilus Incident (open for critique)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Siddall
Envoy

Founded: Apr 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Nautilus Incident (open for critique)

Postby Siddall » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:55 am

Siddall City
Undisclosed location
Evening
Meeting of ministers to discuss event 'Wave Controller'

Shall we start then? Asked Minister Smith

'I don't see why not' Replied Minister Jones

'Very well gentlemen the facts as we know them is that earlier this year the Nautilus was sunk coming to the rescue of a Cybus flagged cruise liner called the Wave Controller.
The cruise liner had been hijacked by members of an organisation called the Black Watch.
These Black Watch were executing the crew and passengers to contain a virus called Redlight.
These Black Watch then fired upon several vessels coming to the rescue of the Wave Controller.
A Cybus Coast Guard frigate was sunk.
A Cybus News helicopter was shot down.
The Wave Controller was sunk by both the Black Watch, a Cobra Naval vessel and a, as yet unknown submarine.
Our ship was sunk by aircraft launched by an aircraft carrier in communication with the Black Watch. This is a recording of Dr Nichols' testimony'

Transcript 01
Survivors from the Nautilus
Dr Peter Nichols. Marine Botanist and chief pilot of the submersible Neptune.
Dr Cathy Rayworth, Chief Technician Marine Architect. Designer of submersible Neptune
Petty Officer Patrick Chan Engineers mate
Dr Singh Gupta, Oceanographer.
As far as I know we received an SOS message from a Cybus registered cruise liner. We were only fifty odd miles away from its location, but we came to a full stop in preparation for a course change. I was in the moon pool with Cathy. He motioned to the young woman lying on a nearby bed. 'We were running diagnostics and such, we had a dive scheduled so we had work to do.' He paused for another sip of water.

'Captain Peters informed the crew of the situation, a ship called the Wave Controller was on fire and her fire suppression system had been sabotaged. Someone had even launched all her lifeboats. Anyway I started monitoring the radio in the Neptune, so i heard what came next. Nichols eyes took on a haunted look as he remembered their ordeal.
'Two ships were steaming at full speed towards the Wave controller, an HMS Glory and Redemption, I think from the encrypted radio chatter she was part of a small squadron, she was certainly military. Our captain held off then, to see how the situation panned out. Seconds later we heard over the radio a series of gunshots coming from the Wave Controller.

Then I started hearing other radio chatter, an aircraft, helicopter I think was coming in for a rescue attempt, God knows where it came from. Then someone came on line, saying they were 'Black Watch', they said there was an infection on board, they were going to kill her, it was incurable something called 'Redlight'.
He was warning people to back off or more would die, except it sounded more of a threat. Then they started shooting, I could hear helicopters over the radio link, they came in to rescue people and were shot at.
Soon after we picked up radio signals from a Wagondian Coast Guard vessel. The Wagondians asked where the Wave controller came from, the answer was Bowerstone, then he said the craziest thing, 'after this ship sinks we will sink yours, there can be no survivors'. Nichols gestured helplessly at the recounting of the situation. '

Next thing we know a news helicopter is suddenly on scene, I was getting a bit suspicious now. Here we were, middle of the ocean and all of a sudden news men appear, then someone splashed them.
Its a hoax, this is just a hoax no way could this be happening. Then someone starts shooting at the Wagondians, their signal was suddenly cut off, I'm not sure why.
Ok by then Cathy was on board, she was monitoring the sonar system, top grade stuff, that thing could detect a haddock fart from a hundred miles away'. He smiled at his exaggeration. 'She shouts to me there's a sub, and its launched two fish, she tracked them straight into the Wave Controller. We were pretty worried by then, you cant fake that sort of thing, not against our sonar anyway.

That was when the Cybus military ship turned up as well, someone started shooting at her. Then further out we picked up a capital ship, its size was somewhere in the aircraft carrier range, it was big and loud. Signals passed between it and the Black Watch, a few helos passed between them, that air space was pretty full.
The Wagondians went to the aid of the Cybus military vessel, it looked like to retrieve survivors, Cathy then picked up the unknown sub coming to the surface, it sounded like it was shooting everything in sight. The Black watch called it and asked them if they wanted an alliance. then sonar picked up another three surface contacts with several faster and smaller ones coming onto the scene. The Black Watch radioed them and that's when we knew they were Cobra vessels, he asked them to help in sinking the Wave Controller because it was contaminated with 'Redlight'. they complied and plastered the area, we heard the ship breaking up, we could even pick up the screams.

I heard the captain then, he was asking them if help was needed, we were a research vessel so we were equipped to handle biological and viral contaminants, our labs could handle them easily. We then went to general quarters, so we had to secure the sub, Petty officer Patrick had come to assist, he was in the engine room so i guess he's pretty lucky to be alive. That's when Singh came along, he's a programmer and our chief oceanographer, he seemed pretty shook up, Doctor Bright, our boss had found something that had frightened her a lot, Singh mentioned the 'Redlight', he looked as though someone had killed his mother.

Anyway i was powering down the subs systems when the radio crackles into life again, this time a message to us, It said they weren't with Cybus, We knew too much so it was good bye. Next second the ship starts up as we're out of there as fast as we can accelerate, it was pretty hairy, the captain must have ordered evasive maneuvers because we were getting tossed about pretty bad, then things got really bad, we heard the hits even down in the moon pool, we were under attack! I heard screams coming from the bridge. Someone sent out an SOS signal, i heard one of the officers pleading for us, he wanted to surrender, a second later the bombs hit, we were flung all over the place, that's where we got the burns and the damage to the sub, there were flames every where, I got the guys inside, there was no way we'd ever make it to the deck, so I risked it, we did an emergency crash dive, I had very little in the way of fuel and the O2 tanks were almost empty, but it was our only chance of escape. The last thing i heard was the Black watch thanking the Cobra for their help, but even then this crazy fucker threatens them to never reveal the black watch or Redlight i mean this idiot is broadcasting on an open channel, no encryption or anything. bat shit fucking crazy.

Anyway we went as deep as a deemed fit, which wasn't very deep due to the damage we'd took, I managed to get us down below the first thermal level, and i just stayed there. We were picking up noise in the water, splashing and such from people hitting the sea, larger ones from life rafts, there were survivors, We were that close as our ship went down, she capsized then sank like a stone, hell she just missed us, the damage to her superstructure was immense,massive damage to the stern and hull. I made to surface but Cathy stopped me, she was picking up more surface vessels, outboard motors that sort of thing, they came in fast, we thought it was a rescue, we were wrong, we heard the bullets enter the water, they were strafing the area, killing everyone. then they just left.
We were stuck there too scared to move, then our systems failed and we sank, only luck saved us, we managed to surface but too fast, i managed to set up a stable buoyancy and we just waited, I guess from the way I'm feeling you came just in time.
That's it that's our story. Unbelievable eh? Tears streamed unashamedly down his face as he finished his tale.

'These are the words of a gentlemen we believe was an intelligence operative posing as a rescue pilot in the Wyethalanian navy'
"Okay, Okay" said Stephen, alarmed. " We mean no harm, we just don't want a massive panic on our hands. Blackwatch is, or was, a very Strong and Very Developed Terrorist Agency, with Headquarters in Wyethalania. They Orchestrated the Cruise Ship Disaster, as well as a separate Airport Disaster, to cover up another, much larger plot- the development of a Highly Contagious, Very Deadly Virus. They had some very Experienced Team working on an Island off of Wyethalania, trying to develop this Virus. It was In The Final Stage when A man from Cybus1 went in there and Destroyed the compound. However, some of It leaked out and all of the people turned into hideous mutations. Those that were killed Reincarnated into the creatures as well. They feed on dead humans and are very strong. The whole compound was Blown up to stop the spread by the only survivor, Mr. Ramogany or something. However, Mr. Ramogany became infected as well, just when he had came to the uninfected headquarters, where more Blackwatch operatives were. He infected them all, and the only one who survived was his son, who later committed Suicide before they could rip him apart. Then, the compound was sealed and everything in it killed. As far as I know, they have effectively destroyed Blacklight, as well as stopped the virus. That is everything I know". Stephen waited for a response from the sub captain.

'A Cybus satellite was unable to track the unknown aircraft carrier'

'I find that hard to believe, aren't those monstrosities wired into their machines'

'The Cybus head of government believes a company named Gentek is involved;
Here is a recording of an interview with one of our operatives and Mr Logan
'Ah yes, then you must have been quite disgusted with the sinking of the Wave Controller and its entire complement of passengers and crew, I believe it was a Cybus flagged vessel?
Do you have any comment on that incident sir, I believe a Cybus naval vessel was sunk as well. How do you feel about these things? Has the Cybus government managed to uncover any facts about the tragedy?
How do you feel about the fact that the country of Cobra was involved in the sinking and they seemed to be allies of the terrorists known as Black watch?
Further sir, any comments on the virus Redlight?
Oh yes the sinking Appalled me..all we know is that terrorists called Black Watch boarded and set it aflame before sinking our coast guard frigate as well as sinking several rescue ships and shooting down a Bowerstone Daily news chopper and then according to a satellite a aircraft carrier belonging to Black Watch arrived and sunk your vessel. I have no idea what Redlight is.I am horrified by the fact that Cobra supported them.
'So you have no idea how your cruise liner was infected?
Yes
Did your satellite track the Black watch aircraft carrier to its home port?
No
Don't you think its strange they could have an aircraft carrier?
Yes
Will you be investigating the incident?
Yes
How will your country react to Cobra's involvement. Diplomatically or the use of force?
Diplomatically
Unknown to the cyber controller the tape was still recording
"Pssst Silas come over here don't record this I fear it'll fall into the wrong hands"
Is company called Gentek in your country? If so get your government to investigate it's activities very closely and search the HQs.
'Gentek, hmm thank you sir. The name doesn't mean anything to me, but thank you, I'll look into it.

'We know very little about Gentek at this moment.
Gentek has links with a company called Diasoph International. Diasoph International is a company that has connections all over the world, but their international headquarters is in the capital City of Wyethalania in the Centrillion Business District, apparently they just move here 2 years ago As to their company specifically, we don't really know much, they are one of the wealthiest companies in Wyethalania.
Diasoph International bought a Facility that used to belong to a Gentek Inc. located on an isolated island about 13 miles north of their Home Island. Gentek bought it from the Wyethalanian government 30 years ago. and with Diasoph moving their major operations to Rivaira, the capital city, the prior administration saw no problem as to why they shouldn't be able to buy what was then the abandoned Gentek Facility. From recent shipping logs, it appears to be one of their factories.
Our operatives managed to intercept this transcript'
"To Whom may find this, the last testimonial of Erhart Ragamory,
I am an higher executive at Diasoph International, a front company for international arms dealers. The company would buy useless inventions and either fixed them so they worked or turned them into deadly, unspecting weapons so they could transfer through Customs unnoticed. After a failed Grooming Grenade incident, my father and the Board of Directors fled to their hide out on a Diasoph Factory and R&D department. While there something must have gone wrong with one of their Laboratory experiments, since when my father's, the C.E.O., sub came into our Headquarter's facility, something "Unknown" came out...

'So what is Red Light. Asked Minister Brown'

'Ah yes, now this is an interesting bit of skullduggery. One of the Nautilus' scientists sent this just before the sinking'.
Blacklight Virus
History

"They don't care about families, loved ones, men, women, children, intimate relations. It just spreads, that's all it does."
―(Deleted) (senior designer) describe The Viruses.

The Blacklight Virus is the basis of evolution of all life on Earth and is as old as life itself. It is a chimeric mutation-causing infectious agent that can replicate only inside the living cells of other organisms.
Content

* 1 Characteristics & Infectious Properties
o 1.1 Infection
o 1.2 Effects
* 2 Variants
o 2.1 Redlight (DX-1118 A)
o 2.2 Blacklight (DX-1118 C)
o 2.3 DX-1120
* 3 References

Characteristics & Infectious Properties
Infection

The virus is highly contagious and can infect organisms through a multitude of means.

Physical Contact: If a non-infected person is bitten or scratched by an Infected person, or Hunter, the virus can spread directly to the victim resulting in their infection.

Exposure: Coming into contact with an Infected Water Tower, or a Hive can result in the infectious agents spreading to near-by humans.

Bodily Fluid Contact: Infectious bodily fluids and materials are capable of infecting through open wounds.

Injection: As used on the Project D-Code soldiers, the Virus can be spread through direct application by applying an injection.
After infection, the virus "plugs in" and activates the junk DNA in a target, causing biological changes that create (and recreate) a sentient mind inside the infected creature. It acts by affecting the protein encoding regions of the promoter introns in each cell. As a retrovirus, it contains both RNA and the reverse transcriptase enzyme, allowing it to insert its own genetic code into living cells. It enters, re-purposes and changes the cell, replicating previously dormant non-coding segments of DNA.

More often than not, these changes are too drastic and 99.99% of subjects die from massive organ failure and cell saturation. However, some variants have yielded other beneficial results; endowing the infected organisms with extraordinary genetic prowess's, that greatly increase their natural abilities to levels far exceeding human capability, these variants include DX-1120 and DX-1118 C.

Variants
Redlight (DX-1118 A)

For programs Carnival I and Carnival II scientists isolated a virus strain codenamed Redlight. To test it, military families of different nationalities were taken into (Deleted), officially as part of a test of a self-sufficient town in the face of nuclear war.

The virus found the perfect host in (Deleted), as her genetic makeup was uniquely suited to its purposes. (Deleted) became a staging ground for new mutant strains and Blacklight variants which were extracted from her blood. The military forces from Fort (Deleted) were forced to cleanse the town, though some townspeople attempted to fight them off. For two days the military skirmished with the victims, but finally they pulled out and shelled the town. The military moved in as the last survivors barricaded themselves in the hospital.

(Deleted) gave birth while the military struck, to a son who was later codenamed 'PARIAH' and the two of them were immediately deemed military assets.
Blacklight (DX-1118 C)
"When it DOES manifest, it makes the Idaho strain look like the common cold."
―Dr. (Deleted)

A group of scientists led by (Deleted) managed to synthesize a new virus strain which they named BLACKLIGHT. They were trying to use it to cure diseases such as cancer (unknowing of the real goal, to engineer a new version of the REDLIGHT virus that could copy and combine genetic traits to re-write living creatures). The scientists soon became suspicious, noting that a large portion of virus variants had deadly effects on test animals.

The BLACKLIGHT virus' effects are variable and far more infectious than the Idaho strain. The BLACKLIGHT virus outbreak does not follow the pattern of the (Deleted) outbreak: it causes too many infections, spreads over too wide an area, and leaves too many surviving entities. The BLACKLIGHT virus mortality rate is lower than that of the REDLIGHT virus, and the incubation period is much longer. The full capabilities of the BLACKLIGHT virus were unknown even to the scientists who synthesized it

Thankfully, the BLACKLIGHT virus is incapable of crossing large water bodies such as the (Deleted), leaving it stranded on (Deleted). The BLACKLIGHT virus can make Walkers but it's unknown if (Deleted) can control these Walkers, it should be noted that (Deleted) can't control who is infected with this strain of BLACKLIGHT virus.
DX-1120Edit DX-1120 sectionEdit

161 soldiers were injected with this variant in Project D-CODE. This variant causes no deaths. The virus' replication and re-growth of the organism was completed in less than two days. The subjects showed dramatic increases in metabolic rate, strength, and reaction times. There have been no side effects manifested to date. This variant is only 3 weeks old and is responsible for creating Super Soldiers, which are agile, strong, and formidable foes.

'Hmm so what next?'

We'll be getting in touch with the government of Wyethalania, but we may be hitting a brick wall at the moment so I'm hesitant to continue.

'Why, surely...?'

'The king of the country was recently murdered in a terrorist attack within his own palace'

'Oh my God!'

'Yes, quite'.

'Do you suspect Black Watch?'

'At this moment yes we do, The Wyethalanians are implicated in this affair, both by Gentek and their rescue attempts. We think it could be in reprisal.
Also we are under the impression that Black Watch is no terrorist organisation but a black ops unit, its assets are to expansive, they have covert funding from a nation.'

'Cobra?'

'No, Cobra is too crude, the Black Watch are pretty inept by our standards but Cobra takes crudity and turns it into an art form. They are involved though somehow.'

'We must get in touch with them, open up a dialogue with them, have the Secretary of State send a letter of condolence at least'

'Yes I agree, set the ball rolling'

Very well gentlemen I think we can conclude this meeting' Smith closed his file and stood. 'Any one for the Club? Chef is preparing one of his specials'
Last edited by Siddall on Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:31 am, edited 14 times in total.

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:52 am

To the Government and people of Wyethalania
To Her most Royal Majesty

It is most regretful that our first missive between our two nations should be a letter of sympathy and condolence, No words that we can impart can come near to easing the pain you and your nation must be feeling at this time.
Death is always a tragedy, more so when a person is cruelly taken from us in such a brutal manner. It is hoped that you can find solace with the memory of those so sadly missed.
The people of Siddall mourn with you and our prayers are with your nation.
The perpetrators of this foul deed must be found and brought to justice.
We gladly place ourselves at your disposal, our intelligence and diplomatic service simply awaits you. We understand your grief because we too have recently suffered a cruel and brutal attack. It is our belief the two incidents are intrinsically linked. Therefore I ask that we undertake a joint investigation of these two linked offences against our nation. It is our hope that we can foster a new relationship with our region and at the same time make headway in crippling terrorism forever.
Again we offer our deepest and heartfelt sympathies.

Your Servant

Elder Siddall
First Elder and Speaker of the Nation of Siddall.

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:34 pm

From the Desk of Her Majesty, Queen Dominique I

To the Diplomatic and Governmental Officials of Siddall,
I am greatly affected by such a kind-hearted message of good will; it is so hard to find that nowadays. My husband and some of his closet advisors were brutally murdered during the Rivairian Medusa Crisis when some infected individuals of malignant intent tried to force the King to the surrender the nation; he obviously wouldn't give into terrorist interests and then was cruelly given the penelty for his honor... But we shall not speak of his end.
My government is quite interested in any joint operations we may perform together to find out the truth of our injustices. I will be sending a Mr. Marlin Perloom, the Director of the Interprovinical Bureau of Investigation, to your country with his team of specialists with all information pretinent to the matter; I will also send the Secretary of Science Dr Verdarn, and the Undersecretaries of Biology and Mycology (Drs. Pipfeld and Bejum, respectively) since they know more about the virus than any other Wyethalanian (or any person for that matter outside the terrorist organizations).
Gratefully, Dominique I, Queen of Wyethalania, Protectress of the Principalty of Tarifa, and Ruler of the Colonial Dominons of New Wyethia and Wyethian-Guyana
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
Should Cities Touch The Sky?
Is There An Election In Marche Noire Or Are You Just Happy To See Us?
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous
Some Enchanted Evening That Was

High Commander (16th R.E.C. of the CoC)
Court Justice (15th R.E.C. of the CoC)
Chief Justice (14th R.E.C. of the CoC)
Prosecutor General (13th R.E.C. of the CoC)
Prosecutor General (12th R.E.C. of the CoC)
Prosecutor General (11th R.E.C. of the CoC)
F.A. Minister (9th R.E.C. of the CoC)
F.A. Secretary of the I.L.N.
I.A. Secretary of the I.L.N.

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Majesty
Thank you for the promptness of your communique in what can be at this juncture a very trying and emotional time for you
We await your representatives, you have our assurance they will be well cared for, as at the moment no diplomatic buildings exist we will place the entire top floor of the Siddall Hilton at their disposal as our guests. For the duration of their stay each member of your team will have full diplomatic status.
Rest assured your Majesty between us we will find and prosecute the perpetrators of these criminal acts.

I remain Majesty your Servant
Siddall

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Siddall Commercial Docks was large and quiet and clean. Everything looked so new and it was run with a quiet efficiency and lack of rush that would astound a stranger. Ocean going vessels of various sizes were berthed by various quays. Most were research vessels of one type or another, ranging in size from the massive deep sea or the smaller inshore types. There were no obvious military vessels, Coast guard cutters. pleasure cruisers and commercial trawlers were scattered liberally. A few foreign cargo vessels were also in evidence but not many. There were one or two Siddall registered cargo ships as well.

Dock workers went about their duties with a modicum of fuss, they were certainly a lot less noisy than the foreign merchant sailors who went about their own business.

A Rolls Royce waited by an empty berth, its chauffeur sat patiently in the front seat, two other vehicles were parked by it, a group of athletic looking men and women surrounded the three automobiles, silent and alert, keeping watch on the surrounding area, an alert eye would notice each kept his or her eye on the foreign sailors more than anyone else. They could only have been some sort of Diplomatic Protection type. One of the DP men stood with both a executive from the docks and a member of the Diplomatic corp. All three were conversing in a relaxed manner. The vessel they were waiting for was under the guidance of a Dock Pilot and would be coming along side any moment

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:37 pm

R.N.S. King Jacque I the Triumphant en route to Sidall Comerical Docks
On board the Royal Yacht are I.B.I Director Perloom and his team of specialists: Harold Linton(International Investigations Agent), Connor Rectrick (Biowarefare Agent), Benjamin Wesquick (Cyberterrorism Agent), and Lady Constance Vermillion (Ministry of Defense Liaison and sister-in-law to Crown Princess Dominique II) as well as Secretary of Science Dr. Verdarn, Undersecretaries of Biology and Mycology (Drs. Pipfeld and Bejum). All are axiously awaiting to arrive at dock to begin their investigation in earnest with their Sidall counterparts.

"We finally are docking, I really don't understand why Queen Dominique sent us by boat. It took 3 days in what would have taken 3 hours," Mr. Linton pointed out.

"Well, seeing all the plane incidences our country has been in lately, it only makes sense to send us by boat, it is naturally safer," responded Lady Vermillion.

"It is a very beauitful port. I wonder what kind of fugi grow in this damp envirement," remarked Dr. Bejum.

"We're in Sidall for only one minute, and you already are commenting on fugi growth. You really need a new hobby," joked Dr. Pipfeld.

"You'll have plenty of time to examine the fugi, Edgar afterward we find the truth," said Dr. Verdarn, always focused on her work.

"Well, they certainly didn't drop us off at the most elegant wharf..." lamented Mr. Wesquick.

"They probably didn't want to attract much attention to us... who knows who would try and stop us, Benjamin," replied Mr. Rectrick

"Well, we've docked, let us be off. And make sure to be withhold all knowledge from anyone not specifically on the case; we want nothing leaking out!" ordered Director Perloom as he disembarked from the Royal Liner.

The rest of the agents and officials followed suit and greeted the members of the Sidallian Welcoming committee.
Last edited by Wyethalania on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Everyone came to a higher state of alert when the ship docked and its passengers disembarked.

'Good afternoon sirs and lady, My name is Minister Brown, he bowed his head to the visiting delegates, its my duty and honour to be your liaison, a sort of chaperone if you will. Now if you follow me we get get out of here. Mr LLewellyn is the Dock Master, he''ll be speaking with the captain of your delightful ship concerning its security, refueling and that sort of thing. Llewellyn saluted in a casual manner and moved to supervise the vessel. 'This is Mr Cartwright, Luther Cartwright, he's the head of your Diplomatic Protection Team, its his duty to see you have a pleasant time here He's completely at your disposal'. Cartwright smiled. The car door was opened and Brown motioned them all in, Following with Catrwright, the car was spacious and well appionted.

The Trio of vehicles was on its way in seconds, a lead car in front. Now I have some papers for you. Diplomatic paraphenalia, driving licences, gun permits that sort of thing, not that you'll need any guns or anything but better safe than sorry eh. As you know we've laid on the top floor of the Hilton, We've put in telecommunications equipment for your use, direct lines to your government that sort of thing. computers and everything my department could think of, if you need anything else just ask, and I'll deliver.

now any questions?

The trio of vehicles moved through the docks into a warehouse district then what could only be described as a small town ship, Cartwright explained it was the foreign sailors enclave, it catered to their needs, they'd asked for it due to the fact that as Siddall City was purely an administrative education and government area it did not have the amenities they wanted and needed. The Government had thus provided it for them

As they drove out the scenery changed dramatically. Siddall itself was a stunning place. Forests interrupted by a patch work of fields there were many small hamlets, villages and townships dotted around hills and mountains surrounded everything. The motorway they drove on was a simply four lane affair, mostly empty of traffic, side roads were the same, cars and other automobiles were in evidence but the main mode of transport seemed to be horse drawn or walking. It was like going back in time.

After about an hours drive the country turned into city again. For a capital it was small, and it seemed to be more parkland than urban sprawl, again their were almost no cars, lots of people though, going about their business either at work or play, because less cars meant less noise, people could also be heard, they moved through well tended suburbs into the centre of the city, it was stunning, there were no high rises, and every building was unique and a beauty to behold. it was set out in such a way that each building seemed to complement the next. The cars eventually halted outside what could only be a hotel. It looked old like something from the 1920s.

'There are vehicles in the parking garage at your disposal'

The party were ushered through the lobby and up to their suites, at regular intervals DP officers stopped and took up position

'If you'd follow me I'll get you settled in'

It only took moments to get to the top floor, the elevator door opened Two guards stood by it, further along the corridor there were two more

'Now sirs if you want our people out of the way ask, we don't want to be over protective or intrusive. Ah here we are, it seems some delightful person has seen that your luggage has arrived too. splendid, now I imagine you'll want to freshen up. shall we meet for dinner, say around seven thirty? Wonderful, till then then. The foreigners were left alone.

'How did i do Cartwright old chap?

Oh wonderful sir, I'm sure they're well at ease.

Jolly good' He left in the lift

'Silly sod' Mused Cartwright. He smiled when his sharp hearing caught the suppressed snigger from the guard at the end of the corridor. 'Keep alert people, whom ever killed these peoples king and cabinet managed to infiltrate his palace, lets see that the sneaky bastards don't get in here too.

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Inside Various Suites on the Top Floor of the Sidall Hilton
Inside the Empress Suite:
Lady Vermillion and Dr. Verdarn we're arranging their closets at opposite ends of the suite in vastly different ways: Constance did everything by color; while Anges arranged everything by day of the week. Constance's wardrobe was full of business professional outfits and long flowing gowns for speical occasions like tonight; while Anges' was full of the same black blouse and grey, knee-length skirt just marked for each day (she did carry one vanity dress which she wears for state dinners like tonight).
"Almost ready, Anges," inquired Lady Vermillion.

"Yes, it rarely takes me more then half and hour to get ready. How about you?" replied Dr. Verdarn.

"No, I'll probably be another half hour. Mind helping me?" asked Constance in a graceful manner.

"O.k. I'll be there in a moment to assist you," answered Anges thinking to herself what an heiress she must have on her hands.

Inside the Emperor Suite:
Director Perloom and Agent Linton where getting dressed in appropriate state dinner attire also at opposite ends of the suite. Agent Linton wore a tuxedo with pink accents, he always like dressing with a little flare. On the other hand, Perloom wore a normal business suit with few additives, he disliked pomp and circumstance.

"I do hate these confageled things. Why can't we just get to work I'll never know," complained Director Perloom.

"Ohh come on, sir. Don't be a spoiled sport. If they want to treat us to one night of luxury before delving deep into this crisis, I say let them," remarked Linton dramatically.

"O.k. lets get to the Penthouse Floor Lobby. We should be waiting for the girls, not them for us, you Fuss and Feathers." jibbed Perloom.

Inside the Princess Suite:
Mr. Rectrick and Wesquick were about to leave the room: both in suits but Wesquick had manly jewelry festooned about himself in an almost ridiculous manner whereas Rectrick accents really only consisted of a retro-decorative tie.

"Well, this is great; we get the "Princess" suite, barely have the size of the Emperors and not to mention the fact that we are MEN!" quipped Mr. Wesquick.

"Sure the decorations are a bitt feminish, but who cares: this room is bigger than my apartment," affirmed Rectick and added in a crack, "and look we get these fuzzy slippers!"

"Haha, funny. This totally makes the humilation much more sufferable," said Wesquick scarcastically.

Inside the Prince Suite:
Dr. Pipfeld and Dr. Bejum were critizing each others outfits; neither of them have ever attended a formal dinner before (too low on the Governmental Ladder).

"Why are you wearing that terrible tie; it's full of mushrooms. You look ridiculous," commented Pipfeld.

"What? It is my favorite tie, and besides look at that hat! How did you like your time in the 18th century? Hahaha," jested Dr. Bejum.

"Hey, it isn't that bad. Let's just go and agree to disagree," said Pipfeld affronted.

Penthouse Lobby:
All the male Agents and Doctors gathered in the lobby and awaited their female counterparts' descendence from the Empress Suite. After half an hour, they finally appeared: Constance in her powder-blue court dress (looking like a Queen herself in the get-up) while Dr. Verdarn wore a white muslim frock, outdoing Constance's beauty with her simplicty. The men commented on both's sense of style equally, about half each considering the other one to be more attractive. After the compliaments, they all entered Penthouse Elevator and descended to the main Lobby where they awaited their escort.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:16 pm

They met Mr Cartwright in the lobby alongside Minister Brown both were dressed in formal evening wear, they greeted their guests and made small talk as they left the building, They were of course chaperoned out by their escort who stayed near at hand but unobtrusive as possible. Outside they were met by the sight of ornate horse drawn carriages and their drivers. Luckily the evening was warm and windless so none of the ladies were in trouble of having their hair inconvenienced.

The city in artificial light was breathtaking, though it lacked clubs and bars, it held other delights, parks, theatres and promenades, all shone under an ethereal light, not sharp like a normal streetlight but more natural.

Their destination was the Palace of the Elders it was magnificent, like something out of a fairy tale, a bastion of white marble and crystal fused in harmony with dark granite, lit by its own inner light, spires crowned its summit, seven surrounded a taller central one. What should have been gaudy and pretentious wasn't. Who ever had designed it had an eye for the aesthetics and function, it was grace and strength combined. What was strange to foreigners was the lack of guards and a gated wall. It seemed the place was simply open to all.

If it was awe inspiring outside, then within it was breathtaking. yet it didn't repel it didn't make you seem insignificant, it felt holy and welcoming, a person felt they belonged in this edifice it was if the building had welcomed them in and made them at ease.

They were shown through corridors adorned with precious metals. works of art that ranged from the finest master pieces to childlike etchings that would normally be seen upon a kitchen fridge. Statues of both men and women were everywhere.
The walk was short though and the party arrived in a large receiving room, within it were four people they were dressed as the others in finery but seemed different, it was hard to pinpoint at first but then after a while a person would come to realise they were grief stricken, something had happened to these four people that had effected them deeply. Cartwright whispered they were the four survivors from the Nautilus.

The other guests there seemed to be a mixture of political types, strangely there were no military uniforms in sight, it would have been expected at such a gathering. Their entry was greeted with welcoming smiles, Two gentlemen detached them selves from speaking to people and made their way over, Good Evening ladies and gentlemen and welcome. I have the honour of introducing minister Smith, and I am minister Jones, on behalf of the government and people of Siddall greetings. I do apologise for the formality of the proceedings but it was felt by others in the ministry that were should put on our best and entertain, we seldom get the chance you see, especially with strangers. He beamed his best smile, to his side Smith hid a smirk behind a raised hand, his eyes glinted in the light mischievously. Jones shook his head and rolled his eyes.

You're boring them with words Jones, these people must be famished, for our sake get us some drinks. Smith shooed Jones away in the direction of a group of servants with drinks trays. 'We'll try and make this as painless as possible but I'm afraid Jones will want his speechifying, I have it on good authority he has at least a dozen prompt cards, so get sozzled early. Most people here are just functionaries, the most useful people around are the staff and a few people you'll be working with. Also We brought in the four survivors from the Nautilus, like you they want out of here fast. Of all of us they deserve to be in on our findings. All are experts in their fields of science and engineering, one of them has oodles of common sense. I'll introduce them later. Now for the moment shall we mingle, I'm sure lots of people want to impress you with their credentials.

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Inside the Palace of the Elders
Director Perloom's evening
This certaintly is a magnificent building. What? Ugh, speeches..., how I detest them. I better follow Minister Smith's advice.

"Waiter, bring me a scotch on the rocks, quickly!" Asked Perloom in a slightly desparte manner. In a few minutes the waiter returned and the Director began what would be several large glups of 30 year old Scotch that night. He, a native of the province of Tudoria, could handle his liquor well and everyone thought him a cheery chap for the rest of the evening not realizing it was only the alcohol making him so lively.

Mr. Linton's evening.
Though Linton was a lover of nice things, he had no understanding of taste and he thought the building was a bitt over the top, who ever designed the place must of had unlimited funds and a mind leaning towards opulance for the sake of opulance in his mind.

Well, at least their native women are pleasing to the eye, he thought to himself as he suavely sauntered off to the ballroom to see if he could dance with what he thought was an especially ravishing young lady.

By the end of the night, his collegues thought him an utter popinjay for his womanizing tendencies and tried to avoid him for the rest of evening. They were slightly taken back when they realized the Siddallians actually promoted such habits, but kept their indignation to themselves not wanting to spoil the evening with their own morals for: when in Rome...

Mr. Rectrick's evening.
Ahh, I love baroque period elegance. This place is utterly enchanting, wouldn't mind trying to reconstruct this when I get back home.

I don't mind speeches that much. Mr. Smith would probably like Mr. Wesquick a lot. What to do now... Might as well go for a stroll through the gardens, if only I weren't a terrible dancer, Mr. Linton seems to be having a fun time.

For the next few hours Mr. Rectrick could only be found wandering the grounds, occasionally popping back in to for appearnces sake. Some say he was with a girl for some of that time, though no one seems to know who.

Mr. Wesquick's evening
Mr. Wesquick, generally ignorant of architecture thought the palace nice and imposing: nothing more nothing less.

After hearing Minister Smith's remark. He knew he found a man who he could relate to: Witty, bon vidant, and knows how to have a good time. Mr. Wesquick was seen the rest of the evening almost hooked to Mr. Smiths side. They drank, bragged, and enjoyed each other's sense of humor immensely for the rest of night. It was reported that there were several repressed bouts of laughter from their table during Mr. Jone's incredably long speech.

Lady Vermillion's Evening
Upon entering the building, she noticed how every exquist decoration compelmented the whole of the palace as much as itself; due to her classical education she knew a little about every subject and was considered in almost every Wyethalanian soiree: a well bred lady.

That night many young Sidallian officials were caught admiring her ample features, her long, wavy, chestnut hair, and enchanting personality. Rarely was she without a dance partner before another enterprising rooster tried to strut his stuff in front of the Duchess. She felt very happy for Dr. Verdarn, Constance knew Anges thought her vapid and shallow, but still Constance was glad she was just as popular she that night on the dance floor, though Agnes didn't seem to enjoy it. She'll learn to like it the Duchess thought to herself.

She, a common sight at the Royal Wyethalanian Debate Society was used to long, winded speeches and actually enjoyed listening to Minister Jones' rhetoric. And was appalled by her countrymen snickering during his oratory.

Dr. Verdarn's Evening
She found the palace's ornate manner disgusting: though she knew it was perfection in the eyes of many, she couldn't help but wonder of the frivulous cost that went into building it.

Accustomed to being a wall flower, she was surprised so many men wanted to dance with her. She was quite aware that Lady Vermillion was watching her almost all evening and hated her for it; thinking she was enjoying her displeasure. Agnes was quite glad when the dancing ended, and she could take her seat next to Dr. Cathy Rayworth, who apparently designed a mechanical masterpiece of a submarine. She quickly struck up a conversation that lasted the evening discussing the mechanics of the craft (in her youth she was the foremost specialist in Wyethalania on deep sea submarines before joining the Government's science department

Dr. Pipfeld's Evening
Dr. Pipfeld quite enjoyed perusing the palace's many art galleries. In his younger days, he constantly went on expiditions to draw and document new species, so naturally he found their paintings of the country's native fuana and flora beyound amusing.

He eventually was forced to leave the galleries to take his seat to hear the humdrum speeches being made by various politicans. He was mostly caught up in his own thoughts the rest of the evening.

Dr. Bejum's Evening
He didn't notice the building's architecture at all; not his forte, so why bother commenting past the required oohs and awes.

After being told a renowned botanist was in attendence that evening, he hurried off to discuss various aquatic plant fugi with him. Dr. Nickols at first was rather morose with Dr. Bejum for personal reasons, though when Bejum mentioned he found a chemical that killed a rather diasasterious form of aquatic fugi and left the neighborhooding plants alone, Dr. Nickols came out of his shell deeply enthralled with Dr. Bejum's findings.

After the welcoming party ended, all the Wyethalanians left the Palace of the Elders thoroughly impressed with what they saw, heard, and encountered; even Mr. Linton, who was oblivious to the numerous slights he recieved from his friends, enjoyed the evening. They all were tuckered out and went to bed immidately upon arriving at the Hilton.
Last edited by Wyethalania on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:46 am

Siddall City
Top floor of the Hilton

Day One

The first meeting would be an informal affair, the largest room in the set of suites was a board room, a large oak table dominated it, sideboards held a variety of refreshments. several monitors and computers were in evidence as was a portable digital projector and screen.

The Siddall delegates were brought in by Minister Brown, Dr Peter Nichols seemed anxious to begin. Cathy Rayworth was doing her best to calm him by her near presence, it was obvious she had an influence over him, their friendship was a long one and very deep. Chan seemed out of place, he was also nursing a slight hangover. Dr Singh Gupta was animated that morning, pleased to have a chance to somehow bring justice to his dead friends. Along side the group were two middle aged gentleman, one was a small oriental who introduced himself as Dr Tukai a virologist and a Nordic type, tall handsome and blond who introduced himself as Professor Daniel Delgard he was the countries leading pathologist.

Minister Brown had seen to the issuing of manila files for each of the Wyethalanian investigators which held the findings of the government.

He bid them farewell and left them to their working breakfast,

'So opened Nichols, what do we know?' He addressed the question to the Wyethalanians while pouring himself a coffee, he gestured around the room with the pot, an invite to him pouring others.
Last edited by Siddall on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Inside the Board Room

All eight Wyethalanian Delegates arrived at their first conference ready to get to work, though it was noticeable that a few of the members were red eyed from last night's alcoholic excesses.

Before answering Dr. Nickol's question, Director Perloom scanned the 10 poeple before him. Dr. Wayworth seemed to have her whole attention on Dr. Nickol, while he appeared to be rather gloom. Dr. Gupta exhibited a rather cheery aspect to the situation. Why? Perloom was not sure. The engineering officer looked and for that matter acted like he didn't belong in this room, poor jab. The two specialists brought in by the Sidall government were so inadequately matched physically next to each other he had to suppress an urge to giggle. Mr. Linton was quite happy about something? From what he heard through his bedroom door last night, he could only imagine. Mr. Rectrick was starry eyed as usual, always interested in gleaming new information. Mr. Wesquick was obviously experiencing an extreme case of a hang over, which he enjoyed watching considerably (Poor Chamberlinians can't handle liquor as well as Tudorians, hehehe). Lady Vermillion in curt professional attire sat astute ready to take notes for anything the Ministry of Defense needed information about. Dr. Verdarn in her regular clothes seemed distracted, he thought he noticed her looking over at Dr. Delgard, maybe his imaginaton... Dr. Pipfeld and Dr. Bejum were lightly conversing with Dr. Tukai about the virus and shut up the minute he took the floor.

"Ladies and Gentleman, this is what we know so far about the virus, its creator, and its distributers," Perloom started and then elaborated, "The Virus that infected Mr. Ragamory, Diasoph International Headquarters, and that fused with Alex Mercer orignated from a Gentech facility that was abandoned and then bought by Diasoph where they found a cyrogenicly stored organism called "Subject P".

Subject P was expriemented on by the Diasoph scientists. The subject had a virus inside his system that mutated the subject's genetic make up. The scientists spliced several genes into the virus which mutated the creature into the thing we know today and call "Medusa" since those scientists were smart enough to splice in atrophy genes to kill the virus if anything went wrong utilizing a chemical called "Presesu" to activate the "death gene".

Well, apparently something did go wrong one day when a person by the name of Alex Mercer infiltrated the facility and released the monster (and from some reports 'absorbed' it) causing the disasterious outbreak of the virus in Rivaira, our capital city.

It was only countered by swift, slightly, immoral action by our government, but it had to be done to save the city and the world... Shortly afterwards, a team of 10 specialists went back to the island to find anything useful that would help us agaisnt any future Medusa threats. Doctors Verdarn, Bejum, and Pipfeld were part of the team. They found the chemical and its molecular structure as well as containment devices to hold the infected individuals. In addition, several members of their team were murdered by one of the creatures still alive in the underground compound.

Within weeks, Perseus has been massed produced and is applicable in all Wyethalanian weaponery. We have brought the chemical here with us as well as infected rat to show you how it works. After the demostration, we will hand over to you the molecular structure so you can produce it.

A rat in a self-containing unit was brought in. The rat was terribly mutated with the viral fugi growing all over its back and looked relatively frighting. Perseus was sprayed into the container, within minutes the rat reverted back to its normal self and all viral contaminets were dead. Dr. Verdarn to even demostrate its effectiveness open the container and petted the docile rat.

"A complete success," stated a prideful Verdarn.

The rat was taken away and continued a healthy lab rat existance...

"We are almost assured that Mister Alex Mercer is behind most of the viral outbreaks, but we know he is not alone in these happenings. We have reason to believe there is some sort of "mother" of this virus; in the briefing we have recieved from you Subject P had a mother who was orignally infected with the virus, we have no idea where she is..."

"And finally we come to the shady organization behind all this. Something called Blackwatch. We have reason to believe they were present on Moreau Island during both the release of the virus and during our team's visit, since right before the island was naplamed another helicopter was found on the island, but the process was already started destorying all the evidence. So now the question is: what do you know about them and what's next?" Perloom concluded magnificently.
Last edited by Wyethalania on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:01 pm

'Oh right hold on'. Those words came from Patrick Chan the ill at ease merchant seaman. 'Before I came to Haven, I mean Siddall, I was in the military Royal Marine, SBS, that sort of thing. He blushed slightly. 'Black watch struck a cord with me. it was on the grape vine, some special forces unit, super secret that sort of thing very hush hush. Any way after I got back here I dug around, the ministry helped me a bit, as did Cathy. 'He smiled in her direction, an invite for her to take over.

'Our taciturn engineer over there has a few friends who were able to point us in the direction we wanted to go' She moved over to one of the computers and slipped in a memory stick, she slaved it to the digital projector. 'This took some digging, the security on this was second to none, we had to dig really deep it mostly existed in ghost files floating around on the internet, heavily encrypted by some one who knew their stuff, who ever hid this most likely wanted to use it as a bargaining chip at a later date' She opened the file simply marked 'Xmas Itinerary' 'It makes for interesting reading'

'Yeah' Replied Chan. Black watch is too big to be a terrorist cell, from what i saw that day they're arrogant as well, these people are government sponsored'.

Officially, Blackwatch does not exist - it is a black operations unit that is given free reign when it comes to containing viral outbreaks. The organization has access to vast stockpiles of military arsenal and experimental technologies, in addition to controlling the most refined information control technologies, vital to preserving the ignorance of the (deleted) public. Furthermore, they have full authority over (Deleted) military forces and local police when it comes to biological warfare - they can request any formation and any amount of military orders to serve under their command, as exemplified by their use of Marines on (Deleted) Island.

Each member of the organization is single mindedly dedicated to its goal and fully believes that it justifies the means, no matter how distasteful they are. As such, Blackwatch Specters will execute infected humans without hesitation, use area of effect weapons in urban areas and deploy heavy armor and gunships in crowded areas just to destroy a single runner. They will also not hesitate to firebomb city blocks just to suppress the infection, regardless of other military and civilian presence. Some members have even been noted as possessing a cruel and sadistic glee while doing so. This approach earns them the ire of any jointly deployed military forces, who usually consider them gung-ho, bloodthirsty psychopaths, and Nazis.

Origin
Project BLACKWATCH was established on June 9, 1962 by (Deleted) and the Department of the Army, with its base of operations at (Deleted) The official designation was 1st Biohazard Threat Unit. Its original mandate was the research and development of Biological Weaponry for use against foreign powers, however, following the (Deleted) fiasco and Operation ALTRUISTIC lasting from July 5, 1969 to July 7, 1969, its mission was changed to the current one: detection, concealment and prevention of outbreaks of unknown viruses, both modified and natural, on (Deleted) soil.
Mandate

Blackwatch isn't just a defense force - it is also a major research organization, concerned with understanding and developing new biological weapons for the (Deleted), as well as reverse engineering existing viruses to fit their needs. They were behind Carnival I, Carnival II and Project Blacklight and are responsible for all the tragic deaths these outbreaks brought.

Equipment
The arsenal of Blackwatch is largely composed of the same weapons used by the Marines: M4 carbines, M249 light machine guns, M32 Multiple Grenade Launchers, FGM-148 Javelin anti-tank missiles. Their vehicle pool includes M1 Abrams tanks, M2 Bradley IFVs, AH-64 Apache gunships, UH-60 Blackhawks, all in black and bearing their insignia.

They also have some other, more exotic equipment at their disposal, such as UAVs.

Ranks
Battle-ready forces of the Blackwatch are collectively referred to as Spectres.
Blackwatch soldiers
The rank-and-file members of Blackwatch are elite, hand-picked soldiers from the various special forces In the (Deleted) Military. They are equipped with black battle dress uniforms, tactical vests and combat webbing, night vision goggles and gas-masks coupled with helmets and weapons depending on their specialty - anything ranging from the versatile M4 carbine to the devastating Javelin missile launcher.
Blackwatch officers
Easily recognizable by their white battle uniforms and tri-lens goggles, officers usually lead other squads into battle or control military bases.
Blackwatch Super Soldiers
Super Soldiers are BLACKWATCH operatives who have been exposed to the virus in a controlled way, causing them to gain tremendous strength and stature. They are capable of fighting Hunters and even (Deleted) in close combat, as well as clinging to walls and jumping incredibly high. They are also shown to order a unit of BLACKWATCH soldiers, showing that they are still intelligent enough to be given commanding roles. Their only form of equipment is standard webbing and a infection detection device that allows them to see anyone infected with the Blacklight virus, like other Hunters, to pick out (Deleted) from crowds and see through disguises. Ordinary Super soldiers are impossible to consume. No matter how much damage is inflicted upon them, they will remain combat-functional until death. Stealth consume is also useless, as their detection abilities cause them to orient toward you automatically.

Deployments
(Deleted)
Blackwatch were originally a regular military garrison based in (Deleted); they were the ones called in to contain the outbreak of REDLIGHT in (Deleted). During the military suppression of the REDLIGHT virus, the virus nearly advanced beyond the point "of no return". However Blackwatch shelled the town, and regained control. After (Deleted) had been sterilized, Blackwatch was formed to suppress future outbreaks of biological weapons, both man-made and natural. General (Deleted) was put in charge of the unit after his actions in (Deleted) lead to the successful elimination of the virus threat located there.
(Deleted)
When (Deleted) broke the vial that contain the BLACKLIGHT, the BLACKWATCH were brought to contain and stop the virus. Unlucky for them, (Deleted) escaped and started to spread her virus.
Notes

* The name of the organization is probably based on the fact that the group was formed to contain the REDLIGHT virus. It could also be a reference to Blackwater, a private military organization whose methods and morals have been under considerable scrutiny.
* Considering their Commanding Officer, (Deleted) is a General, and given their huge presence on (Deleted), it seems the 1st Biological Warfare is an Army Theatre sized unit.

'That's all we could find out, the deletions show another level of paranoia, it probably means another completed file is somewhere, as yet unfound'.

'Yes very interesting but its the virus that worries us more than a bunch of thugs with guns' Dr Tukai stood, We need to see all the pathology on the virus, As yet we need to identify patient zero, this 'mother' you speak of. We have the two index cases identified as Mercer and Subject P but that's not enough, I need samples of viral infected tissue. This beauty needs special care if we're going to contain it, tell me gentle men has the virus adapted yet, Has it gone airborne'

'Its still early days' Replied Nichols, lets try not to get a head of ourselves and slip up. You mentioned Gentech, we know nothing about them, we hoped you did.'

'It does not matter I will dig for them'. the clipped tone of Guptas indian accent was in stark contrast to the many western ones. 'With the help of Cathrine of course. If they are as corrupt as we think, I would imagine they tested in out of the way locations with people easily missed, there are many third world countries where this can happen. i still have family in these places. I will ask around.

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:51 pm

"I believe I may be of assistance to you, Dr. Wayworth. I am the best counter-cyberterrorist agent in Wyethalania, which is just our polite way of saying expirenced hacker," smirked Mr. Wesquick finally coming out of his hang over haze.

"Good, Mr. Wesquick, you may assist Dr. Wayworth in her searching once our meeting is adjourned," stated Director Perloom, "As for the rest of you, I'll give you your assignments and we may start our investigation in earnest after lunch, I swear we've been here for hours already."

"First, I want Dr. Bejum and Dr. Pipfeld to work with Dr. Delgard and explain to him in detail everything about Perseus and the Medusa virus, so he will be able to inform his government about the neseciated objects and procedures for handling it.

"Dr. Verdarn and Mr. Rectrick, you are to work with Dr. Tukai, since you have the most experience with biowarfare and can then assist Tukai in his research models by describing the possible evolutionary paths the virus may take. Dr. Tukai, we've brought plenty of infected rats with us, you can take what ever samples of the virus you need from them as well as preform any expeirements you'd wish on them.

"Lady Vermillion, your job is to transcribe everything recorded at this meeting and send it by mail to the Ministry of Defense by way of your brother, who will send it there directly by a courier."

"Mr. Linton, you are to ultilize the full services of the Wyethalanian Foreign Office to help Drs. Gupta and Nickols in there search for possible Gentech facilities. For if they were a foreign company operating on Wyethalanian soil, they had to fill out numerious forms, which may give us a clue to other locations. Not to mention if Diasoph was being manipulated by Gentech, they may also have bought other places previously owned by Gentech, ergo the same beaurcractic forms as before may prove helpful in discovering their locations.

"Patrick Chan, you may assist Gupta, Nickols, and Linton or Wayworth and Wesquick. Up to you."

"I will personally check up on a few loose ends left in Wyethalania. I will be back in a week. I expect to have another complete briefing when I return: and we better have made progress by then!" Perloom said in a huff.

Within in an hour, Perloom was on a flight back to Wyethalania, while the rest of team dove head first into the Blackwatch, Gentech, and Viral quagmires after all ate a quick lunch.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 am

The Ministry of Commerce: Files Department
Director Perloom found himself walking into an almost forgotten undeground storage facility beneath the M of C Building; he was searching through musty, yellow parchement from the bigone eras of "only paper files" and the more recent era of "paper copies".

Why was he speluking through these caverous paper trails? Well, after video-chatting with Mr. Linton two hours ago, he learned all electronic files of Gentech and Diasoph operations in Wyethalania were corrupted during a cyber attack on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs during the Medusa Crisis, it wasn't considered a major threat since it had only destoryed a few "unimportant" permit files. Mr. Linton sounded discouraged because, practically speaking, he was now useless to Dr. Gupta in his search for Gentech locations.

Director Perloom wasn't discouraged for he know Gentech operated in Wyethalania when only paper files were kept (which were transcripted to electronic files about 15 years ago) and Diasoph open shop when paper copies were still made of everything (which only recently stopped to "save trees") so he realized a paper trail still existed.

After making numerous, numerous phone calls, he found that all foreign economic paper files were brought to the Ministry of Commerce's storage basement, which was why we find the Director there now. Locating Storage Room D19, he searched in earnest for over an hour in the dim lighting before finding the Diasoph File: he was vastly disappointed when he found everything had been removed from the file bins... someone did not want this information found out.

He moved on to G24 to find Gentech files. After hours, hours! of searching he was about to give up and say its fate was the same as Diasoph, untill he tripped on a wad of paper and fell into a book shelf, which knocked down the book shelf behind it, sending thousands of papers into the air, but Perloom didn't care for when the papers settled a door was revealed behind the fallen shelf...

Behind the door was a small storage closet with only one book shelf in it, which only contained Gentech Files: a lot of Gentech files! Perloom smiled a rare grin, one that only popped up in extreme moments of triumph. He started lugging them into his car and had them shipped to Sidall to be looked through by his team, Linton would certaintly be busy now. Another smirk.

Seeing as how 6 days have already gone by and with this task and his "loose ends" already tied up, he (the next day after taking a much needed night off) flew back to Sidall (coach class to avoid suspicion)to see what his subordinates have dug up in his absence.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Day two through six

Rayworth and Wesquick delved deep and hard into cyberspace, Rayworth was soon to come to the conclusion that her new colleague was a virtuoso on a computer system, she was just a bright amateur, that cut her, wounded her pride. She soon though came to respect him and realised she was being stupid. Cathy Rayworth was still one of the worlds leading marine architects, people still came to her for deep sea sub designs, She warmed to the man and decided to salve her wounded pride, she had better seduce him and bed him. Between them they were uncovering the names and locations that had been deleted from the files she had found.

Dennis Detweiller. A senior designer of the virus.
Elizabeth Greene. Patient Zero the very first Index Case
Hope. a small town in Cybus, the site for testing infection rates among a populace
Pariah is the son of Elizabeth Greene
Alex Mercer. Designer of the black light virus also infected
Arcadia, Arcadia Island, Cybus. infectious out break occurred which was contained.

Gupta Linton and Nichols were just as adept at finding out details about Gentek, it had been easier than they had envisioned

Gentek is a biochemical and genetic research company founded by Dr. Raymond McMullen on November 1, 1976.
Gentek is the professional company, recruiting top biological research scientists into its ranks. It is highly secure and has borderline paranoid security measures - indeed, one of its employees described the company as a "network of need-to-know silos".

Most of the company's top secret research was centered around the GENTEK facility at the top of the Arcadia tower HQ in Arcadia, Cybus.

The main focus of their research was a plan to use virus' as a cure for everything, including cancer. Original press release photos use the spelling of GENTEK.

They also managed to uncover an interesting communication from Gentek to a foreign company. Phoenixwood International. A Security consultancy Business.

The communication is on Cybus systems mainframe
'Do your mercs need watercraft,base defenses,command vehicles or anti-ship units? If so please look at our catalog*.
*Cybus Industries Catalogue. both couldn't help notice the bio weapon dispersal systems for sale.

The second communication was even more revealing and on the same mainframe
Gentek requires 5 of your best mercs to be evaluated by Blackwatch and must obey any and every order from Any member of Blackwatch even shooting innocent civs or animals even shooting one of there own.

The smallest amount of digging uncovered.
Cybus Industries started 5 years ago when John Lumic created it as well as the Cyberman program,sadly he died in a bizarre incident which he fell from his airship into a flaming factory! We are now controlled by Logan Nance our CEO.

Logan Nance CEO of Cybus Industries and CyberContoller the ruler of Cybus

Video footage also placed Nance in the company of Alex Mercer and Dana Mercer, (Siblings) at a social event in Wagondia

It was looking like Cybus was knee deep in this little conspiracy.

The ones people were waiting for were the virus experts their work just couldn't be rushed, The best they could get out of Tukai was snorts of derision, the overall virus design was ugly and brutish, its infection rate was excellent, but that was about it. It lacked adaptability, were it to mutate to airborne he'd be more worried. The Wyethalanian anti virus on the other hand was a work of beauty and genius, at the moment he and the team were working on all sorts of differing ways they could get the virus to mutate, within three days they had a cure for the common cold. Tests were being conducted, 'Now please to go away and not disturb'

The strangest reaction came from the government minister upon being told, He didn't seem flustered or anything, Delgard tried his best to explain the wide spread chaos this virus could accomplish, even losing his Nordic composure and cool. Mr Brown had patted him on the shoulder and simply said' I'll inform the Seraphin, everything will be fine. Oh and by the way one of our people in Cobra spoke to a high ranking military officer who confirmed that Black Watch were part of Gentek and Cybus, it could of course be a lie, but our man though theirs was too stupid.

Poor Chan didn't have a lot to do, so he made himself busy by doing any leg work needed, coffee and food runs, especially seeing everyone didn't starve themselves. He also acted as an unofficial guide around Siddall for those who wished to travel around.
Last edited by Siddall on Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Select Wyethalanian Thoughts throughout Week 1
Mr. Linton
-God, I hate my job, what's the point of giving foreigners free range in Wyethalanian files if they can't find anything useful... Damn cyberterrorists!
-Hmm... That Chan kid seems to know a lot about local areas of interest... I should "travel around" with him.

Mr. Wesquick
- Ohh poor Miss Wayworth, what would she do with out me...? hahaha.
- (talking to Minister Smith) I think she dislikes me, but she may find me attractive too. So many mix signals... Well I'd better get her in the sack to figure it out.

Dr. Bejum
- (talking to Delgard) You should've seen the fungal growth these spores produced. Huge! It even seems to respond to poeple's presence growing toward their location.
- (Talking to himself in the vacinty of others) My, my, what a beautiful Omphalotus nidiformis, In Cybus, they call it the "Ghost fungus", since it glows in the dark. How cool?!

Dr. Pipfeld
- (Talking to Delgard) The brain waves of the individuals are severly altered once completely mutated, almost as if another conciousness has taken control of the person.
- I swear if Mr. Linton goes out on a "Travel" excursion one more time...

Mr. Rectrick
- (Talking to Dr. Tukai, obviously) As you see Dr. Tukai, Perseus has many diverse usages, it even seems to affect the common cold, wouldn't that be cool if it could kill it?
- Hmm... I wonder if I will ever see that girl again...?

Lady Vermillion
- Huh... why did they talk so much, this transcript is going to take me days...
- (Talking to Dr. Verdarn) Oh Anges. Don't play a fool with me, I've seen your wandering eyes glancing over towards that nordic. Oh, hush up! Your "secret's" safe with me.

Dr. Verdarn
- (Talking to Dr. Tukai) Interestingly, the genome of the virus is incredibly simple to manipulate through gene-splicing, but it doesn't like to evolve on its own.
- (Glimpsing Delgard) That is one perfect specimen of the human species if I could put him in a... Wait, keep your mind on the goal, there is no room for emotions in science! Constance sees to much... Damn her!
Last edited by Wyethalania on Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:54 pm

MInister Brown was very pleased with the progress so far. he understood that a report was forthcoming.
He brought up an other subject as delicately as he could with Lady Vermillion, that being the murder of her king and relative as well as his entire cabinet.
Brown only knew vague details about the attack on the King's palace and wished to know if his own suspicions were correct. Had the king been murdered in reprisal for the Wyethalanians coming to the rescue of the Cybus vessel?
Last edited by Siddall on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:04 am

Lady Vermillion's Report to Minister Brown
On the day of their unjust ends, the King, accompaning staff, and some of his ministers were discussing operation plans to deal with infestation of Diasoph International Headquarters with the virus we are currently examining. Of his 11 ministers, 5 were present: Prime Minister Delacroix, Minister of Defense Windfielf, Minister of Justice Cheswick, Minister of Human Services Calvin, and Minister of the Interior Holgraves.

About half way into the meeting, sensor alarms were heard going off the across the Royal Parliamentary Palace, but none of the Royal Hussarian Guards were responding to the requests to what was going on. So before the security staff guarding the King and his men could even thing to lock down the building, a man and woman in dark clothing burst into the room followed by what could only have been about 15 R.H.G.s transformed in the monsters inside Diasoph.

The camera located inside the Cabinet Room recorded everything that happened next. We originally didn't have sound since Wyethalanians believed sound security cameras invade personal privacy, but through lip reading: we believe we know what was said (a video then popped up on the screen and Constance provided commentary throughout)

Alex walked straight into the kings cabinet flanked by what used to be the security staff with Dana standing at the back with a loaded shotgun gaurding the rear." Now then let me unlock the hive in the city and Infect the major tourist locales in the country or I infect you and you life only to please and serve me, if you agree I will not infect you."Dana said " If you try and resit I'll blow your brains out." as she turned around and walked behind the king and put the barrel to his head.

"I don't know who you think you are, but we Wyethalanians shall not fall idlely by the wayside while you destory our country! Have you heard our motto: DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR," (a rallying cry for all true Wyethalanians.) shouted the King as flung his rolling chair backwards into Ms. Mercer, instinctually resulting her body cringing, which cuased the gun to go off severly injuring the king.

With the King fatally injured, the Minister of Defense went mad with anger and shot Miss Mercer in back of her head with his Desert Eagle Pistol while the other Ministers and officals started attacking Alex and his creatures. The King pitifully crawling on the floor pressed a little red button under the table and died. While that happened, Mercer, distruaght at his sister's death, killed all the gloriously, patriotic men in the room in a terribly cruelsome way unaware of all clicking sounds going off around the Cabinet's Chamber, locking Mercer inside.

DANA!!!" screamed Alex. A idea blasted into his mind and he let out 1 spore that floated over to Dana but did not revive her. He thought" if I can't have Dana...... The world can't have freedom... I'll infect until everything is infected and then there be one goal revive Dana... If they do I will free them... Look out planet here comes an angry Mercer and that is one of the worst things you will encounter...if only Green was alive she could revivve Dana."

As you can see Minister Brown, the monsters behind the hideous attack on Wyethalania was an Alex Mercer and a Dana Mercer, and not Blackwatch, but those poeple are the origins of what happened there, so they are still our first objective. Though the Mercers are serious threats with their intentions of spreading the virus to the world; but with Perseus, they are severly limited in oppertunites to get past the first stage of infecting populaces.

Also, I am sorry to say but Wyethalania's only connection to Cybus prior current happenings was the opening our embassy, which was closed before it was even started when the staff was blown up in the plan explosion at Brownstone Airport, which was caused by Diasoph bringing us back to Blackwatch. In the files, Wyethalania had no knowledge of the Wave Controller incidence other than hearing about it on the news. I hope this briefing was insightful, Minister Brown.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:39 am

'I'm so sorry you had to relive that my lady truly sorry' He took her hand and looked her in her eyes, his entire being radiated sympathy and understanding, it was a weird sensation. He smiled and released her.

'If it is within our power Mercer will be brought to justice. Such a creature has no power here so we do not perceive him as a threat while you are here, however.. My lady I have a question for you, one that may appear strange, please bear with me and answer honestly'.

'My lady Constance Vermillion do you have faith?

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:42 am

Lady Vermillion was taken back by Minister Brown's question. Not that it was an odd question to ask a Wyethalanian, since the nation is nearly split down the middle between Catholics and Prostestants, but the context in which it was asked; especially after Brown became very emtional the moment before, a quality not often seen in Wyethalania, since the populace are taught from an early age to adopt a "stiff upper lip" during turmoil.

In a slightly abashed way, Constance responded, "Like most of the Wyethian upperclass, I am a devout Roman Catholic... Now may I ask of you, why did you ask such a question, specifically at this time when there are more important matters at hand?"

She eagerly awaited the answer, for she was truely confused what was his purpose. She had been used to such sentimentality at balls and even at Remingtion Academy (where she was the first girl ever to attend the formerly all boy's Prep school) from potential beaus, but this was just perplexing.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:15 pm

'Here power is absolute, Siddall is under protection, and so are you, out in the wider world only the greatest of the Seraphin has power. Only they would be able to aid you. But there is a compact.....'

Brown stalled he knew he was losing her. 'It will be easier if i were to show you' Brown closed his eyes and spoke, his worlds were unlike any she had heard ever, yet they had a strange pull, it was if she was remembering a long lost conversation, it was hypnotic and compelling music to the ears, it seemed to take on the words of every language known to man yet it wasn't any of them. Then it got stranger.

The room in which they were conversing grew brighter more vibrant, ever surface and edge seemed to exist in more clarity, Brown seemed younger and more virile, his hair and skin shone with life. Lady Vermillion felt better than she had ever felt in her life, she felt revitalised, fresher than ever, her entire being felt energised, her skin shone with it. A vase of flowers suddenly came alive and began growing, buds suddenly burst open and began blooming their frangrance filled the room.

Then the voice came, it reverberated through the entire room, it set the skin to tingling the organs inside vibrated with the very sound of it. It brought with it the memory of a mothers hug, it was a voice filled with love and protection.

I AM SUMMONED HIGH PRIEST OF NAMARU AND I HAVE COME. I AM SERANDIAL, VIGILANT CALM OF THE MORN, ELOHIM OF THE SECOND HOUSE, ANGEL OF THE FIRMAMENT, I AM ASHARU AND GUARDIAN OF LIFE. DO NOT FEAR CHILD.

Brown smiled such a smile of joy. 'Serandial is your guardian angel my lady, while in Siddall you are kept from all harm, as a catholic you have some small understanding of the Holy Host so this will be slightly easier for you to absorb, Belief is all that is asked of you. When away from Siddall you may call upon Serandial and she will come, your belief will give her strength'.

IT IS TRUE CHILD AND IT IS MY NATURE TO HELP YOU. I WILL NEVER HARM YOU SO FEAR NOT, WE ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE GIVEN, THAT THE GREATEST CREATION OF THE ALLMAKER MAY LIVE. BELIEVE IN ME AND I AM STRONGER, CALL ME AND I WILL COME.

The choice is entirely yours dear lady.
Last edited by Siddall on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:06 pm

Lady Vermillion was in crisis, she didn't understand a thing that was happening around her. She had to say somthing, but she was split. Her brain and catholic upbringing said this was malurky and she was falling into a ploy, yet her heart rang out at the antipode claiming its righteousness. Constance muffled a noise sounding like "no" and fainted, as any good Wyethalanian Lady should.

Dr. Verdarn was passing by the conference room when she heard the exclamination and stumble, so she rushed in to see what had happen. While she entered she thought she saw a light go out, but all she saw offically was Lady Vermillion collasped on the floor with Minister Brown standing over her, quite dumb founded. She vaguely asked Brown what happen, but didn't notice his gruggled response as she lifted (Verdarn is quite strong for her small build) Constance and brought her out into the more airy common room.

Once put on the lounge chair, Constance began to come to. She at first was schatterbrained not noticing where or what was going on. But she soon regained control of her facualites and stated she was fine and that she fainted because she had a rather extensive work out session in the morning and didn't eat anything afterwards.

The rest of the staff was assurded by answer and all went back to their stations. Yet Dr. Verdarn knew something was wrong and led Constance back to her room and ordered no one was to disturb her for the rest of the evening. After putting her in bed, she marched up to Minister Brown and demanded to know just what happened in that room, since she knew Constance was out shopping all moring until coming back to give her report to Brown.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous

Siddall
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Siddall » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:10 pm

'It was my fault entirely, We were discussing the death of your king, she had the video surveillance and we were watching it, I'm afraid she was over come. I'm so sorry Doctor. it wasn't my intention to cause her ladyship any distress'

Brown was indeed sorry, that much was evident. Nothing seemed out of place in the room, there was indeed a lap top showing the final still of a video surveillance system from the palace. The only strangeness here was the largest bloom of flowers she had ever seen shoved in a vase, certainly out of keeping with the perfect way these Siddall did everything else, the bouquet of rose was almost over powering. but that was it. A presence made itself felt behind them and their stood the steady handsome form of Dr Delgard, he frowned at the overpowering smell. 'I heard a commotion. is eveything well?

Upon seeing Dr Verdarn his composure changed, a slight perspiration hit him and he reddened. He gave her a brief nod of his head and quickly excused himself.

Wyethalania
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Wyethalania » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Dr. Verdarn, while not completely satisfied with his explanation, had to accept it at its face value, but still why would Constance had lied about what made her faint...

However, Anges' thoughts were soon clouded by the presence of Dr. Delgard. She found him intoxicating and applying her knowledge of psychology, he obviously felt the same way towards her. She spent a moment or two dreamy eyed before realizing she was still with Minister Brown.

She just glimpsed what she thought was almost a mischievous smile spread across his face; but if it was, it quickly reverted back his prior worried expression. Regaining her compusore, she stated matter of factly that, "I believe Director Perloom's plane arrives soon, and from what he said over the phone: he has something big to tell us."

After excusing herself, she left the room a little disconcerted. All she could think about was that there was something rather peculiar about Minister Brown... and she didn't have the faintest hint as to what.
Last edited by Wyethalania on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Edited Issues
Down the Rabbit Hole
Marriage by Proxy Server
A Walk In The Park
Feudal Feuds
The Path Less Traveled
As You Don't Like It
Just Plane Ridiculous

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents