NATION

PASSWORD

The War for Independence (Treaty Underway)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Danatoria
Envoy

Founded: Aug 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

The War for Independence (Treaty Underway)

Postby Danatoria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:37 pm

OoC: Post here for the RP. Sign-up here: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=133213

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=5&t=133360Red equals British Alliance held islands. Yellow equals Coalition Alliance held islands.
Last edited by Danatoria on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Monarchy/Dictatorship -10.00
Libertarian/Authoritarian -1.75
Bad Economy/Good Economy -3.25

RP Population: 100 Million
Total Military: 3 Million
-Active Forces: 1.5 Million
-Reserve Forces: 1.5 Million

Hollisis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 06, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hollisis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Think we got something.

Apparently, two weeks ago, one of our officers noticed a small object flying overhead. Thought it was a bird. It's way out of range for any device that size, but it's our only lead. What do you think? We're contacting them now.

---

Email to the Brits
Carbon Copy to Danatonia

We noticed a missile strike our building. We request to know why you have openly declared war on us, and how you discovered our presence.

Danatoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Danatoria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Official MI11 Report:
Encryption Level: Extremely High
Confidentiality Level: Extremely Confidential

British Stealth Drones flew over Danatoria. They identified Hollisis Aircraft leaving the mountain. The British then launched a missile at the door.

Hollisis
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hollisis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Danatoria wrote:Official MI11 Report:
Encryption Level: Extremely High
Confidentiality Level: Extremely Confidential

British Stealth Drones flew over Danatoria. They identified Hollisis Aircraft leaving the mountain. The British then launched a missile at the door.

Fuck. We need this technology...

Thanks for the intel.

We need to strike back. Any recommendations?

Danatoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Danatoria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:19 pm

The British Forces are still stuck up at their mission control. The Ice Breaker ships are expected to arrive soon. We need ships patrolling the islands. We need forces on the islands to ambush them. We need all nations that pledged to come forward immediately. While the damn Brits are stuck, we need to bomb their position and attack their ships.

Hollisis
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hollisis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:33 pm

Danatoria wrote:The British Forces are still stuck up at their mission control. The Ice Breaker ships are expected to arrive soon. We need ships patrolling the islands. We need forces on the islands to ambush them. We need all nations that pledged to come forward immediately. While the damn Brits are stuck, we need to bomb their position and attack their ships.

Got it. We don't have many ships, but we'll spare the few we do. That's the battleship HN Dragon, the destroyers HN Pulitzer, HN Denim and the HN Vision, aircraft carrier HN Kilo, and a 12 unnamed icebreakers equipped with exocet missiles. A little old, but they still do the job.

We're having two satellites feed you data, you should have satellite imagery updated every 2 hours. As well, UAVs have already begun rounds. We'll move 120,000 troops to nearby islands, and... well, I guess we'll wait.

Any other recommendations?

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:44 pm

The Caninopian fleet, arrived, having been dispatched a few days earlier, and the commander, a Rear Admiral rushed to the capital, along side the ambassador who had opted to ride with him, a happened to be a family friend of the Admiral. They had attended the same private school. The two boarded a limousine and the duo rushed off. The ambassador was to dropped off at his new lodgings, while the Admiral was then to go immediately to the Danatoria Defense Ministry.

"So, tell me John, you looking forward to a war?"
"As much as ever, Alex. You looking forward to starting a diplomatic mission almost single handed?"
"As much as ever, John. Boy, this is some mess the Emperor got us into, dontcha think?"
"I don't know, Alex. If the Danatorians succeed, then we've got a new ally. Besides, it's a nice way to show how powerful we actually are."

The rest of the ride was mostly small talk between the two, and talk of high school days.

The Rear Admiral, Jonathan Skipper (ironically), rushed into the Defense Ministry building. "Yes, I need to see the person in charge immediately." After a small look from the woman, who showed that she was in no hurry to let some stranger bypass the red tape and see the person in charge, he took a different route. "Listen, I'm sorry, and I've showed up out of nowhere, but I'm the man commanding the Caninopian military mission out here. I need to get something coordinated fast. This operation needs to be coordinated fast, and I need to be able to get the permission to act in the seas surrounding this area. My submarines are picking up signs of increased naval activity."
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Danatoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Danatoria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:45 pm

The Independence Coalition

Well, as being a former British Colony, we know how they will approach this war. It will be an Island to Island Campaign. We put troops on each island and fight till they die or we do. Meanwhile, our navies and airforces hit hard. Similar to World War II back in the day.

OoC: I'm going to wait until I get the other nations signed up to come here and post their troops arriving before I start actual combat.

Hollisis
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hollisis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:49 pm

Not a bad idea, OOC.

Danatoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Danatoria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Caninope wrote:The Caninopian fleet, arrived, having been dispatched a few days earlier, and the commander, a Rear Admiral rushed to the capital, along side the ambassador who had opted to ride with him, a happened to be a family friend of the Admiral. They had attended the same private school. The two boarded a limousine and the duo rushed off. The ambassador was to dropped off at his new lodgings, while the Admiral was then to go immediately to the Danatoria Defense Ministry.

"So, tell me John, you looking forward to a war?"
"As much as ever, Alex. You looking forward to starting a diplomatic mission almost single handed?"
"As much as ever, John. Boy, this is some mess the Emperor got us into, dontcha think?"
"I don't know, Alex. If the Danatorians succeed, then we've got a new ally. Besides, it's a nice way to show how powerful we actually are."

The rest of the ride was mostly small talk between the two, and talk of high school days.

The Rear Admiral, Jonathan Skipper (ironically), rushed into the Defense Ministry building. "Yes, I need to see the person in charge immediately." After a small look from the woman, who showed that she was in no hurry to let some stranger bypass the red tape and see the person in charge, he took a different route. "Listen, I'm sorry, and I've showed up out of nowhere, but I'm the man commanding the Caninopian military mission out here. I need to get something coordinated fast. This operation needs to be coordinated fast, and I need to be able to get the permission to act in the seas surrounding this area. My submarines are picking up signs of increased naval activity."

A big steel door opened up. A buff man walked out. He was wearing the Danatorian Traditional Military Outfit. He had a clean shaven face and eyes so blue, they could pierce an elephants heart. "Hello!" he said in a booming Russian accent. "I am Minister of Defense Andy Goertzki! Come in! Please!" he made a sweeping motion into his office.

Hollisis
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hollisis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:55 pm

At that very moment, a phone rang. The General from Hollisis wanted in on this conversation, too. The UAVs had seen the Caninope admiral going in, and figured something was up.

Danatoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Danatoria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:59 pm

The Secretary buzzed the Minister, "Sir, a Hollisian wants to speak into this conference. If you wish to speak, he's on line one." she said in a slight British accent. The Minister pressed the button. "Happy now?" he said.

OoC: Since my nation is A British colony, they hVe British accnts, but also have Russian accents.

Hollisis
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hollisis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Danatoria wrote:The Secretary buzzed the Minister, "Sir, a Hollisian wants to speak into this conference. If you wish to speak, he's on line one." she said in a slight British accent. The Minister pressed the button. "Happy now?" he said.

OoC: Since my nation is A British colony, they hVe British accnts, but also have Russian accents.

"Yes, thank you. Sorry for interrupting. Proceed, sir.

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:07 pm

Danatoria wrote:A big steel door opened up. A buff man walked out. He was wearing the Danatorian Traditional Military Outfit. He had a clean shaven face and eyes so blue, they could pierce an elephants heart. "Hello!" he said in a booming Russian accent. "I am Minister of Defense Andy Goertzki! Come in! Please!" he made a sweeping motion into his office.

"Good, good. Glad to see your government is a bit less bureaucratic than mine is. Anyway," John began, "I have reason to believe that there's a chance that the British are going to move faster than the estimates we previously received from you. I had a submarine underneath an ice sheet and it heard ice breakers. It said it also spotted the possibility of a large fleet on the way, consisting of some missile ships. This could be a serious problem for the islands if they decide to use the ships as missile platforms."

"This has made it clear that we need to be able to implement a somewhat unified command between the several militaries fighting. I know that you and the others, the Hollisisians, are not strong within the naval department, but we have a top notch naval presence here. Similarly, me and the Hollisisians both have air assets unlike you, but you guys have the home field advantage as far as troops go. I guess what I'm getting at is that we can't just go at this haphazardly. We need to be able to plan our strikes. Do you have anything in place for that?"

He also looked at the phone. "General, you listening? Your UAVs and mine can work together to provide comprehensive aerial surveillance." Without waiting for him to respond to that, he continued. "Yes, I know you have UAVs, they aren't exactly stealth ready. Or maybe yours aren't. Anyway, we can provide protection of the UAV's with near continuous air sorties from our carrier."
I'm the Pope

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p

Danatoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Danatoria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:11 pm

"Well, you see. The British Forces are holes up nice and tight. We needs to mobilize now! So far, none of the British Allies have turned up but we're watching them with satellites. Even so, we lack the man power need to win this war. But! We have one advantage. The Danatorians are used to this extreme cold, unlike those Imperialist Brits.

OoC: Sorry fr this but my military is based off the navy. We haves than 50 planes and only about 15,000 Soldiers.

Hollisis
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hollisis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:16 pm

If I may cut in, you have a point. And thank you, Admiral. I am aware we are not very stealthy, but we make up for it in numbers. We have many, many drones. Either way, we should definitely set up aerial surveillance. My jets are ready for your command, either one of you. I will begin consulting my director for coordinated strike ideas.

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:18 pm

Danatoria wrote:"Well, you see. The British Forces are holes up nice and tight. We needs to mobilize now! So far, none of the British Allies have turned up but we're watching them with satellites. Even so, we lack the man power need to win this war. But! We have one advantage. The Danatorians are used to this extreme cold, unlike those Imperialist Brits.

OoC: Sorry fr this but my military is based off the navy. We haves than 50 planes and only about 15,000 Soldiers.

"OK then, but we still need to work out a sort of command. A Joint Chiefs of Mission, so to speak. Is that agreeable with you, General? Otherwise, there's going to be mass confusion."

"And General, between my drones and your drones, we should be able to cover most of the area most of the time, have some aerial surveillance going on without having to sacrifice the lives of our military satellites by moving them."
I'm the Pope

Frisivisia wrote:

Hollisis
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hollisis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Caninope wrote:
Danatoria wrote:"Well, you see. The British Forces are holes up nice and tight. We needs to mobilize now! So far, none of the British Allies have turned up but we're watching them with satellites. Even so, we lack the man power need to win this war. But! We have one advantage. The Danatorians are used to this extreme cold, unlike those Imperialist Brits.

"OK then, but we still need to work out a sort of command. A Joint Chiefs of Mission, so to speak. Is that agreeable with you, General? Otherwise, there's going to be mass confusion."

"And General, between my drones and your drones, we should be able to cover most of the area most of the time, have some aerial surveillance going on without having to sacrifice the lives of our military satellites by moving them."

Agreed, makes sense. On both points.

Danatoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Danatoria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Just as he said that, Rear Admiral Kotmeurtzy walked in. He was dress in Traditionial Danatorian Naval Gear. His face was wind burned and his face was deep red. He had a big, beard . He laughed as he walked in. It was a deep, cheerful laugh. "Ah! Hello Comrades!" He too had a Russian accent. "How are we planning to win this war." His cheerful, jokeful attitude usually gets most people to like him very well. "Will someone fill me in?"

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:27 pm

Danatoria wrote:Just as he said that, Rear Admiral Kotmeurtzy walked in. He was dress in Traditionial Danatorian Naval Gear. His face was wind burned and his face was deep red. He had a big, beard . He laughed as he walked in. It was a deep, cheerful laugh. "Ah! Hello Comrades!" He too had a Russian accent. "How are we planning to win this war." His cheerful, jokeful attitude usually gets most people to like him very well. "Will someone fill me in?"

"Hello there, Rear Admiral, I presume. I am Real Admiral, Upper Rank, Jonathan Skipper of the Caninopian Navy, and commander of Carrier Strike Group 6. I'm also overseeing the landing of the Marines who should be arriving soon to unload."

"That raises another problem, Minister. Where are we to land our troops? I assume the islands cannot just suddenly take a few more hundred thousand inhabitants out of nowhere. Perhaps we could land on one of the surrounding islands. Is there on that's developed enough to sustain a large force?"
I'm the Pope

Frisivisia wrote:

Danatoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Danatoria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:30 pm

"Absolutely!" chimed the Minister. He passed over a map of the surrounding islands. "This goes back to my original idea. Lots of forces of each island!"

Hollisis
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hollisis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:37 pm

Great. We'll land north east, and on the tundra island. Okay? Half and Half.

Danatoria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Danatoria » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:40 pm

The Buzzer Chimes, "Sir, The Duke is calling a War Meeting. He needs all of you there as fast as you can." "
"Tell him we'll be there. Well, let's get going!" said the minister. Hollisis, call the Dukes office."

He led the party to a white stretch limo. "Let's go."

Hollisis
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Hollisis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:42 pm

Danatoria wrote:The Buzzer Chimes, "Sir, The Duke is calling a War Meeting. He needs all of you there as fast as you can." "
"Tell him we'll be there. Well, let's get going!" said the minister. Hollisis, call the Dukes office."

He led the party to a white stretch limo. "Let's go."

Gah. I need to be there in person...

Ok, fine, I'll call them. Till then.

But he didn't. A private jet was called in and he was flown there where he met them in person.

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:44 pm

Danatoria wrote:"Absolutely!" chimed the Minister. He passed over a map of the surrounding islands. "This goes back to my original idea. Lots of forces of each island!"

After a quick glance, the Rear Admiral turned to look at the Minister. "What of the island northeast of Mt. Alticalata? It's large, it has a narrow strait that passes right through it, perfect for submarine warfare, and it has an easy access point on two of the three British held islands. From there, we could put up surveillance and launch our STOVL and VTOL craft. Further air attacks from the sea should give us air superiority over the area. What do you think, General?

*After the buzzer rings*

He followed the Minister to the white limousine. He was going to meet a Duke. Not his first time, but the first time he'd ever met a ruling Duke.
I'm the Pope

Frisivisia wrote:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents