NATION

PASSWORD

Rosa Rubicundior: Mallarctaia Lies Dying [Semi-Open][MT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:37 pm

She listened to Admiral Atum’s words and nodded. “I agree, we need to coordinate. Seizing the airport was a good idea if we gave them no warning and no time to respond. Now it might end up in a bloodbath. We should be prepared to react accordingly.” She sighed. “This really isn’t going to be easy, is it?”

Port of Hermosa Juda

“It will not Asfaha. It is rarely easy when a nation’s hostility is so thinly veiled and the groups going in to offer peace are so different from on another. Unity is strength and disunity is folly. I think we all need to keep that in mind while we are here.”

She gave the brigadier a salute and then handed her a small device.

“This is if you need to discreetly contact myself or Lieutenant-Colonel Osef. I would have given one to General Augrim as well, but he has already left. May wisdom guide your heart and mind Asfaha.”

Izmet then turned and started toward the aircraft they had arrived in. Alanor and Sayuri both gave a salute to the brigadier before following the admiral. Pouvar Ostasi and Harazad Vakrani both nodded to the brigadier before following the other women.

Operational Staging Ground, Mallarctaia

Captain Kon Sayuri disembarked from the aircraft that had carried her to the planned operational landing zone and waited for the transports carrying all the vehicles to arrive. Once they had arrived, she immediately spoke with the commander of the maintenance company. The vehicles were ready to move out.

The 2nd Uhlan Company and its SMA-70 Scorpions and other vehicles headed out to perform their duties. Lieutenant-Colonel Alanor Osef was in her command vehicle going over satellite images, maps, and the operational plans. She said a few things to her staff and they sent off the appropriate communications. She was praying that things did not get too hot, but she had a feeling in her gut that they likely would.

Headquarters of Kesree Technologies Mallarctaia

Yeon Soha sat in plush office chair eating a slice of mushroom pizza and drinking a Dr. Cardamon brand soft drink. The room was well lit and computer monitors covered every last corner of the wall. Soha’s attention was currently fixed on monitor displaying stylized animated characters decapitating a variety of other characters. She noticed something flashing on another screen and her eyes widened.

“Shit, she’s here.”

Soha then opened a door leading into a bathroom and stood before a tall floor length mirror. She was not tall and was on the thin side. Her hair was long and pulled into a ponytail. And though she was not terribly well endowed, she still managed to display a nice curvature. She wore a pair of blue jeans and a pink t-shirt with black Korean script scrawled across the front.

Like some exited fangirl she was fiddling with her appearance. It was not everyday that one of the heads of your company came to visit your country. This of course was especially true in Mallarctaia. After she had finished fiddling with her appearance she left the bathroom and exited her office. She wound up in another room in which the walls were covered in images of the Kesree Technologies president, Anu Paitat. Soha opened the door to a large walk in closet and squealed happily when she found the short cheongsam she was looking for.
Last edited by Ali-Zebu Union on Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Embassy Program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145435#p7315322
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331
Princess and a Rose: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145904#p7342328
Nations Within the Ali-Zebu Sphere: Kamseong, Orqosuyu, Anathaat

Helladria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:24 pm

The HFS Chamos was the first ship to dock, while the Drymos stayed at sea and the Afonsos patrolled the waters and surveyed the dock nearby. The General’s Seagull flew in overhead, its beats becoming progressively louder until it was upon them. It stopped and slowly descended eventually falling out of view of the soldiers unloading below as it touched down on the deck of the Chamos. General Antouin was glad to see that the meeting between the other commanders and the Mallarctaian authorities had not immediately devolved to a shooting war. If the Mallarctaians didn’t decide to escalate the conflict any further, that would suit Sybill just fine.

True to form, the marine and recon squads were first to unload. Their transports were still on the Floros, but their armored reconnaissance vehicles were on hand for quick deployment. Major Petresco of Recon and Captain Ceeger of the Marines were on top of the situation immediately, organizing their two dozen commandos to take positions covering the unloading ship. Four manned the vehicles; two in each. One took driver, the other gunner. The soldiers, who still wore their gas masks and protective clothing, took no chances. They scanned their surroundings, peering into eerie, perpetual twilight of Mallarctaia. In the distance they could hear the sound of gunfire. To their knowledge, they could be on the receiving end and at any time.

With cover from the commandos, the soldiers began filing off the ship, dressed in heavy cloaks and masks obscuring their faces. Each soldier carried a personal small arm, either an assault rifle or submachine gun and a large personal bag. The assortment of firearms was somewhat eclectic, depending largely upon the preferences of the owner. After retirement from active duty, each firearm would continue to remain in the hands of its owner upon transitioning to the military reserves. Despite their lack of apparent uniformity, each of the weapons resembled the others more than superficially. The common thread running through all of the weapons was their modular design and high compatibility and interchangeability of parts. Interspersed among the normal class of weapons, some soldiers occasionally toted long rifles with scopes, and light machine guns.

After the last soldiers had disembarked, the couple of remaining vehicles were driven off, carrying equipment and supplies. It didn’t take long for the Chamos to finish; certainly not as long as it would take to unload everything packed into the Floros. Before closing shop and preparing to pull away from the dock, General Antouin strolled out of the open hull with Colonel Lonomos.

“Colonel, I need you to make sure that your top priority is investigation. If you find that we have a reason to intervene…” He looked out past the warehouses, hearing the fighting away from their location. “What’s going on here? Have the other commands engaged the Mallarckies already?”

The General unholstered the walkie-talkie on his belt and spoke into it. “Captain Xantholous, I’d like to request an overflight to reconnoiter the combat taking place inland from the docks. What’s going on out there? Are they ASN forces? I want you to tell the crew to watch out for small arms fire, RPGs, and the like. We don’t need one of ours going down in the middle of a battlefield, miles from where we can assist.”

“Aye, General,” she responded. “We’ll check it out.”

A different Seagull from the one the General used with a crew of four began powering up and took off in the direction of the fighting, flying around a couple thousand feet.
Last edited by Helladria on Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mallarctaia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mallarctaia » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:51 am

Calabresi International Airport, 15km from the outskirts of Portias Espesaia

Lieutenant Amechi returned Captain Zeldorinius’ saltue and shrugged slightly at the soldier’s words. “I shall clarify with my command, but I can’t see the situation changing.”

He stepped out of hearing range and unclipped his radio from his belt. “Lieutenant Amechi to Base, I have made contact with the ASN. They are insisting on the use of the airport. Please clarify orders.”

The radio crackled for a moment. ”...Base. Orders have not changed. Carry on as ordered.”

Lieutenant Amechi licked his dry lips. “Base, the ASN forces are not securing the airport as thought. Please advice.”

“Carry on as ordered.”

“Base, we are at a situation which could end peacefully, please advice!” He winced. Did he just say that? Was that his voice? He was going to get murdered for this.

To his surprise, a newer, stronger signal cut in. The voice that came out of the radio was cultured, strong and firm, and definitely not Mallarctaian.

“Lieutenant Amechi, please clarify your position.”

Lieutenant Amechi frowned. “Who is this?” he demanded.

“This is the man who could save your life, and the lives of your men.” Was the curt reply. “Please clarify your position.”

Lieutenant Amechi sighed. He wasn’t payed enough for this and he was weary. “The ASN troops here claim that we agreed to let them access the airport,” he said, wiping the sweat from the back of his neck as best as he could through the thick protective uniform. “They say that the previous orders may have been rescinded.”

There was a long pause. Sweat dripped from Amechi’s forehead into his eyes and he blinked it away. He was aware of the weapons covering him, of the weapons on the helicopters above that would be trained on his men. Ready to cut them into a thousand pieces and make them dance like dying pawns, an excuse for all hell to break lose.

The radio crackled into life again. “Hand the radio to the ASN commander.”

Lieutenant Amechi turned around and walked to where Captain Zeldorinius stood waiting, feeling as if time had slowed right down. It felt like his limbs moved through jelly. He handed the foreign soldier the radio.

[i]“This is the ASN Commander? Don’t say anything just yet, listen to me—we don’t have much time. The military is preparing an international incident. We both do not want the shooting to start, but they can’t lose face either. I suggest a compromise: maintain only a limited, lightly armed security presence at the airport. I know it’s not... ideal for your operations, but in return you can have control of your air access into Mallarctaia and they will not interfere. I can sell that to President Calabresi.”

Dear President Touchstone,

The procedures I speak of are the procedures applying to all visitors to Mallarctaia—customs, inspection and other routine formalities.

ASN forces have only permission to land and occupy the port at Hermosa Juda, and move into Portias Espesaia. We were not informed of any use of the airport apart from regular civilian flights. The presence of armed ASN forces at the airport cannot be tolerated, we must ask you to clear the airport immediately.

With warmest regards,
Cino Garcia Calabresi
President of the Democratic Republic of Mallarctaia.

3rd ARMB, Outside Calabresi International Airport

“Colonel, we have reports of another inbound over Hermosa Juda!”

Colonel Brhane swore and inspected the ancient handheld radar receiver proffered to him by one of his soldiers. He tapped it hard on the side of one of the infantry fighting vehicles and it came to life in a dull glow. “Flying very low over the markets...” he growled. “Probably reconnaissance. Have the last ones here landed yet?”

“No, sir! They’re hovering over the airport.”

Colonel Brhane cursed. “Drop some smoke and obscure as much as possible of our forces. Tell them to stick to the toxic hot areas. Those fuckers don’t like radiation, confuses the sensors.”

“Do we take one of the choppers down, sir?”

The Colonel considered and slammed his gloved fist against the vehicle in a sudden rage. “No! It’s fucking politics... if they’d landed, then yeah, maybe. Just you make sure they’re ready.”

The terrified young soldier saluted and ran off. Colonel Brhane looked up at the poisoned sky, his eyes on the helicopters above the airport.

------------
Look in OOC thread.
Last edited by Mallarctaia on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:28 am

Captain Zeldorinius frowned. He smelled a rat...was this some kind of trick? No, not a trick...he looked up at Amechi. His rules of engagement were very clear--do not fire until fired upon or ordered directly otherwise by the ground forces commander. Be diplomatic. He said, "I'll try. Be advised, my superiors are seeking a diplomatic solution. Can you guarantee that we will not be attacked?"

Up in the air, the helicopters were still doing a relentless circuit overhead. They had begun patrolling. The troopers aboard were wondering what the hell was going on. Colonel Weber sent a radio message asking Captain Zeldorinius what was going on. His RTO informed the Colonel of the situation. Colonel Weber had been informed of Mallarctaian mechanized infantry movements in the general vicinity, and she began to prepare a plan of attack, just in case.

Meanwhile, the 15th ACR began to steadily move inland towards the airport, flanking the city, foul dust in a choking cloud around the troopers and their vehicles; gas masks hung on their faces making them look grotesquely like giant insect men and women.

Fineberg, New Edom

"He never really wanted any military forces there," said Sif Finnhald. "And in a way this is his petty revenge. He's used to running the country like a ranch. From all the intel we've gotten from the CP, it's a nice little corporate haven. I think there's a delicate balance between how things are run from Chimaea and how things run there. To be honest, Mr. President, I think the other issue is that this is the ASN's first major peackeeping mission, and they aren't sure how to have it led without pissing on people's boots."

Touchstone looked thoughtful. "Then it's time to play hardball. I don't like people who try to jerk me around without asking first. I asked Calabresi nicely. Now it's time to ask him in a different way."

Dear President Calabresi,

Normally I would find your arrangements totally acceptable. However your forces are currently engaged in an actual battle in the city. You guaranteed us peaceful use of the port and you cannot back up that guarantee. I am advised that orders have already been given for New Edomite units to land at the airport. Their intentions are peaceful. I would like arrangements for the following to be made.
1. Cooperation with your air traffic control and ours. (This would be in order for friendly air traffic to make [i]temporary
use of the airport for refueling, repairs and movement.

2. Use of base housing by a ground support unit with a small infantry unit (a platoon) as protection.

If you consider this carefully, you will see my intent for the use of the airport clearly. I hardly intend to maintain a mechanized infantry regiment there or to use it as a base for my forces' own purposes, merely to use it as a conduit. My air units have their own landing platforms in the form of the carrier and the amphibious ships.

sincerely,
President Touchstone[/i]
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Chimaea
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Chimaea » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:34 pm

Port of Hermosa Juda, Mallarctaia

Brigadier Asfaha took the device from the Admiral and returned the soldiers’ salutes as they left. She turned to Kuchawksi, pocketing the device. “Right,” she said decisively, “Make sure TUOC has everything they need. I want to be certain—”

Her radio came to life in her ear. “Victoria to Command, urgent new intel available.

She sighed and pulled out her secure tablet computer. For a moment she was still, then handed the computer to Kuchawski. “Confirm what I’m seeing here.”

Kuchawski stared at the screen, his face grim. “These aren’t combatants, are they?”

They both turned to stare at the steel barrier which blocked their view of the market area between the port and the city. The sound of gunfire was constant.

***ENCRYPTED :: CONFIDENTIAL***
To:
Commanding Forces ASNOM+
RE: Intel: Hermosa Juda Operations

AWACS and drones indicate heavy non-combatant casualties in Mallarctaian military operations agaist insurgents at the markets between the Port of Hermosa Juda and the City.

Attached images and video depict targeted operations against both civilians and combatants by the military forces. There does not appear to be any detainment or security for civilians. Thousands, perhaps tens of thousands of civilians are trapped within the perimeter set up by Mallarctaian military forces. SIGINT has noted the presence of trucks filled with corpses, however no attempt to cover this up or shoot down our drones.

This is clearly a trap, however extensive war crimes are being committed right now.

Brigadier Amina Asfaha
CAFMD

Mallarctaia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mallarctaia » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:07 pm

The voice on the other end paused once more, then said, “I can guarantee you will not be attacked if you agree to this compromise. Otherwise, there’s not much more I can do. I understand your superiors are trying to arrange a diplomatic solution but I can tell you, frankly, that this will fail. I have... made efforts to delay the diplomatic response.” the voice paused again, as if trying to search for words. “Let me make it clear to you. What’s standing between peace and a greater conflict is you and me. This is diplomacy, and we’re doing it—and there are consequences for both of us as individuals whether we fail or succeed as neither of us are authorised. Mind you... I imagine I am more shielded than yourself. So. A small group of lightly armed ASN soldiers and full access to the airport. Do you agree?

Hermosa Juda, Mallarctaia

The commanding officer of the Mallaractaian military units operating in the markets, Colonel Mu’Nis Seif, looked up calmly as one of his junior officers ran up. Both men dodged automatically as another explosion rocked the markets.

“Sir, we have an incoming helicopter, inbound to this location!”

Colonel Seif shrugged. “A single helicopter? It’s probably a reconnaissance aircraft. Our orders are clear, do not shoot upon it. Let them see.”

The officer nodded and ran off. Colonel Seif turned and looked over the markets. The battle was going well—although several of the gangs were heavily armed and putting up a blistering defence. However, thousands of civilians had already been massacred as per orders, routed from the flimsy buildings and the basements of the more sturdier built ones. Some were grouped together and machine gunned, some were herded into place and blown apart with grenades. His men went about it methodically, although some of the more experienced platoons were also taking trophies—the goods from the market, women and young girls, even young boys.

He did have to make a point of stopping some of the stranger practices the men had developed. He was a religious man and he had a feeling the spirits wouldn’t approve of the necrophilia games some of the soldiers amused themselves with. At one stage he had to personally intervene to stop the continued assault of a headless corpse.

He didn’t worry unduly, though. This was how it had always been and whatever the foreigners intended, he knew that this was how it would always be.

--------

OOC: Sorry Helladria, didn't realise you sent the recon chopper over the markets. Will change that previous post.
Last edited by Mallarctaia on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helladria
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Helladria » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:40 am

General Antouin stood with Colonel Lonomos on the dock with the hull of the Drymos arching overhead but receding so that it would no longer obscure the dim sky. He watched the Seagull that was just launched disappear into the haze over the buildings to investigate the gunfire, when his radio came to life.

"General, this is Captain Xantholos we have just received a message from Brigadier Asfaha to all ASNOM commanding forces. I think you need to take a look at this. It will be waiting for you on the Floros when it docks."

"Roger that, Captain," he replied.

It wouldn't be long before the Helladrians had enough of their equipment unloaded that they could begin operations.

Theode Marri, Chairman of the Board for Pachim Holdings was on a conference call. She sat leaning forward as she listened intently to the contact on the other side give an account of ASN operations in Mallarctaia.

“Our friends have arrived and the party’s going to be spoiled because Petri Cratur is a blabber mouth. Other planners are busy and don’t seem to be doing anything to stop ohm. Chrysse and Elefthis have reached the gate but the dogs are still out. Meanwhile, Azusi and Herleste have just left their vehicles. Petri has decorated the house and is waiting at the door with an airhorn.”

“That fucking idiot,” Theode said spontaneously. “If it is as you say, I think it may be a good idea to fire ohm. How long do we have?”

“The decorations are visible from the driveway.”

“Then we’ll need to step in,” she said.

Another voice came over the line. It was Zenofim Agyri, Olympia Corp’s CEO. “Let the left hand know what the right is doing. It’s time to take matters out of Petri’s hands.”

“I agree,” Theode replied. “Are there any objections?”

The phone was silent. “So then, plan B is in effect. It’s time we showed them around a bit.”

The Seagull crew flew well above the fighting going on in the market place.

“What’s going on down there? Those aren’t our ommer,” one of the sailors in the back said. “Who’s are they?”

The copilot was busy adjusting the camera equipment to get a clearer view. “They aren’t ASNOC. It looks like the Mallarckies are fighting a bunch of armed thugs, but it’s not a fight. It’s a massacre. They don’t have anywhere to flee.” Just then she saw a young girl run into focus on the camera only to be gunned down.

“Oh shit!” she said watching someone who was probably around seven fall to unrestrained force. “Civilians are trapped inside too.” A moment later the security forces had fought their way to the point where the child fell. Rather than administer aid, one of the soldiers stepped on her, and she weakly flailed her limbs with the little energy she still had, to which the soldier lifted up his boot and stomped with all his force on her lower back. He then leveled his gun and fired it twice into the back of her head. “Fucking damn it!” she said still watching the camera. “We’ve got a problem.”

“Chamos, this is Golf four seven two. We’ve made contact with our objective and are returning to land. Mallarctaians are purging the marketplace of armed combatants and civilians alike. Cameras captured more than we wanted.”

“Roger, four seven two. We recommend you land on the Floros.”
Last edited by Helladria on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

New Edom
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Edom » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:35 pm

Captain Zeldorinius sighed, and said, "Put yourself in my place, mystery gun on the radio. I don't know who the hell you are. I have no idea what guarantee you are offering me, but you must think I'm a moron. You could have offered this deal to my superiors. You didn't. So you figure out something clever now. Out." he handed the receiver back to the Mallarctaian lieutenant, looking him grimly in the eye. "Lieutenant, I'm assuming you and your troops don't want to die. I suggest that you surrender now." He made a motion to his RTO nearby, who said clearly into his handset, "Colonel, proceed to land cautiously. Be advised, local forces are probably hostile. Over."
"Roger that," said a tinny voice, female. "We're coming in." The shadows increased as the rest of the regiment began to descend.
Captain Zeldorinius glanced back at the Lieutenant and said clearly (and shouted if he was falling back) "I hope you're aware of this: we can shell the positions of you, your reinforcements. We can call in positions we observe from AWACs and recon jets, from helicopters, you name it, and bombard the living shit out of whatever we observe. We'd rather deal with this peacefully, but if not," he shrugged.

The 15th

The 15th Armored Cavalry regiment, accompanied by its aviation escort, moved steadily along the road flanking the city towards the airport; everyone was tense and prepared for ambush as their welcome to the area had been so ambiguous. The armored scout car in the lead in particular had a crew a bit on edge, wondering if they were suddenly going to run into a roadside mine or something. No way to tell, and no sense of whether or not they were even welcome in the area.
Last edited by New Edom on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The three articles of Civil Service faith: it takes longer to do things quickly, it's far more expensive to do things cheaply, and it's more democratic to do things in secret." - Jim Hacker "Yes Minister"

Ali-Zebu Union
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ali-Zebu Union » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:16 pm

2nd Uhlan Company

Captain Kon Sayuri picked up her radio and spoke to her company.

“Okay ladies, we are to continue our recon mission and give the Helladrians a little a little extra firepower. Keep you eyes peeled for any hostile activity. Captain Kon out.”

Port of Hermosa Juda

Lieutenant-Colonel Alanor Osef sent out her orders and called up the defense minister aboard the Tashree II.

“Minister Mavar, it seems we have a serious situation on the ground here...”

“Well that is interesting Osef. I am sure you already have a good idea of what needs to be done. I will call home and see what everyone else has to say about all of this. May Azmara shield you from the enemy and grant you the strength to kick their asses.”

The communication ended.

The Sea Eagle jets roared toward the heart of the city daring anyone to act. Their payload was ready to be dispatched at a moments notice.

The rest of the Third Foreign Infantry Battalion worked to secure the port and the lines of supply as attack helicopters flew overhead and watched for any hostile activity. This was going to be an interesting day

World Factbook: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=108258&p=5418433&hilit=%22Ali+Zebu%22#p5418433
A Foreigner's Guide to the Ali-Zebu Union: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=116418&p=5867697#p5867697
Ali-Zebu Embassy Program: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145435#p7315322
Ali-Zebu Foreign Legion Office and Legionnaire Applications: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=145436#p7315331
Princess and a Rose: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145904#p7342328
Nations Within the Ali-Zebu Sphere: Kamseong, Orqosuyu, Anathaat

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents