NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: For the Detained and Convicted

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Krioval wrote:
R539 wrote:Technically you can crucify them under the proposal... It never forbids the death penalty.

This repeal practically writes itself, in that case. What is the point of forbidding "cruel and unusual treatment" in a prison setting while allowing, of all things, torture that results in death as a viable punishment. The Great Chiefdom is forced to wonder whether it was the intent of Your Excellency to submit legislation to this body specifically to minimize the safety and security of individuals accused or convicted of crimes by leaving open loopholes through which a Kriovaller could space travel. Your Excellency's comment above drives that point home, as far as Krioval is concerned.

[Lord] Ambassador Darvek Tyvok
Great Chiefdom of Krioval

Richard tilted his head unhappily, considering the planned fate of James Newburn.
"If someone commits crimes against his entire nation as a dictator or a murderous beast, don't you think the nation's people should be allowed to execute that man? In the case of my nation, the former President had us afraid to set foot outside without 7 items of paperwork in hand. I wish that was an exaggeration. He obeyed his own laws, but they had us all scared to live at all, sir."

Gobbannium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Gobbannium » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:46 am

R539 wrote:
Gobbannium wrote:We are still waiting for a response from the Ambassador for R539 to the very serious drafting flaws raised by a number of nations' representatives now. Does he accept that the highly undesirable side-effects his legislation will have entirely by accident merit a swift repealment?

Well maybe you should have participated in the drafting of the proposal over a month ago. If you want to repeal it, go ahead, no one is going to stop you.

Finally the honoured ambassador deigns to notice our contributions. Such a shame he did not do so earlier; to repeat ourself for the evidently hard of thinking, we did point out these flaws several weeks in advance of the vote.

We also note that the ambassador has still not answered the question. Clearly a long career in politics awaits him.
Prince Rhodri of Segontium, Master of the Red Hounds, etc, etc.
Ambassador to the World Assembly of the Principalities of Gobbannium

R539
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby R539 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:39 pm

Gobbannium wrote:
R539 wrote:
Gobbannium wrote:We are still waiting for a response from the Ambassador for R539 to the very serious drafting flaws raised by a number of nations' representatives now. Does he accept that the highly undesirable side-effects his legislation will have entirely by accident merit a swift repealment?

Well maybe you should have participated in the drafting of the proposal over a month ago. If you want to repeal it, go ahead, no one is going to stop you.

Finally the honoured ambassador deigns to notice our contributions. Such a shame he did not do so earlier; to repeat ourself for the evidently hard of thinking, we did point out these flaws several weeks in advance of the vote.

We also note that the ambassador has still not answered the question. Clearly a long career in politics awaits him.
That doesn't help after it's in queue... You should have piped in on the first or even second drafting.
Fmr. Consul of Corrosia
Co-Founder, The [Disbanded] IDO Alliance
RepentNowOrPayLater wrote:One of the kids at my school tried to tell me about something called secular ethics, but I told him I already have T-Mobile and my mom handles that anyway.

Milks Empire wrote:Whoever the hell thinks women cannot commit rape ought to be removed from society for being that stupid.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:35 pm

R539 wrote:
Gobbannium wrote:
R539 wrote:

That doesn't help after it's in queue... You should have piped in on the first or even second drafting.

Just because it had reached quorum doesn't mean you couldn't have asked the mods to remove it before it came up for vote so you could fix the flaws.

Ostronopolis
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ostronopolis » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:20 pm

1718 Hours - Ostronopolis Ambassador To The World Assembly - Margret Brown

"I am deeply saddened that this resolution, which clearly violates the right of a nation to stay sovereign has passed in World Assembly quorum, and with the governments of nations giving their blessing is deeply concerning, and this resolution has seen that the government of my country, has considered resigning commission within the World Assembly, due to the center-left and far left controlling this international organization, should a bill of repeal not be introduced to this assembly, my government, rest assured, will see to it, that this resolution is struck null and void.

So in closing gentlemen and gentle ladies, I as representative from the Republic, declare this resolution violates the national sovereignty of not only mine, by others nations. I am, however, personally curious as to how and why this resolution was able to pass, and why even the center and far left, which control both assemblies in this World Assembled, would allow it, itself."
Most Noble Republican Union of Ostronopolis
“Mortici Touaente Antimia”
Ostronopolian Trading Company || Congburgers || Communique Guide || Factbook ||
Member of: || The Conglomerate || Sovereign Network
Observer of: || COMINTERN || IFA ||

Quotes:
<Amit:> Ostro
<Amit> Through your sheer force of character
<Amit> You could get a nation to work for you

Gobbannium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Gobbannium » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:25 am

R539 wrote:
Gobbannium wrote:
R539 wrote:

Utterly incorrect, ambassador. Proposals have been withdrawn while at quorum before now, sometimes within hours of coming up for vote. And we note that you have still not read the explanation of our lack of prior contribution, which amounts to our rank carelessness in failing to gain access to a time machine.
Prince Rhodri of Segontium, Master of the Red Hounds, etc, etc.
Ambassador to the World Assembly of the Principalities of Gobbannium

Koumpounophobia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Koumpounophobia » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Gobbannium wrote:
R539 wrote:
Gobbannium wrote:
R539 wrote:

Utterly incorrect, ambassador. Proposals have been withdrawn while at quorum before now, sometimes within hours of coming up for vote. And we note that you have still not read the explanation of our lack of prior contribution, which amounts to our rank carelessness in failing to gain access to a time machine.

Richard nodded mildly.
"Time Machines are so terribly common these days," he remarked with a sarcastic grin.

The Halseyist Faction
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Halseyist Faction » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:10 pm

The Halseyist Faction notes that it is hardly suprising that R539 is incapable of reading the complaints and viewpoints of other nations. It appears to exist within a self enclosed bubble through which only praise passes, and the ambassidor in question appears to suffer from both a slight mental disability, and a serious hearing problem. This, ladies and gentlemen is what happpens when you let equal oppertunities policies reach the upper levels of government. We still provide our full support to any nation wishing to have this ridicious and unsound legislation repealled immediately, and who will condem R539 for their gross incompetence and lack of civilitiy.
Colonel Hogwral, Acting on behalf of Admiral Halsey, Lord and Savior of the Citizens of the Halseyist Faction. May the New World Order reach your homes.
Member of GIDA - Major
Idaho Conservatives wrote: He walked out of the room, smashing his boot in the face of a headless zombie.
Reblle wrote:I have seen people get blown in half on Call of Duty Worls at War also. I am not to young. I am 14 years of age and have seen enough violence to be considered a veteran of WW2.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives