NATION

PASSWORD

So, can we pull out now?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Should we pull out?

Yes
28%
No
44%
Not yet
27%

Total votes : 102

Ring of Isengard
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

So, can we pull out now?

Postby Ring of Isengard » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:38 am

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090816/tuk ... a1618.html
The British death toll in Afghanistan hits 201. And for what? Why have these men died? For fuck all. Do you agree with troops of any nation being in Afghanistan? Why?
CI
Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.97
Add 3399 to post count (+puppet)

Europe was created by history. America was created by philosophy - Maggie T

Taeshan
Senator

Founded: Aug 11, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: So, can we pull out now?

Postby Taeshan » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:40 am

i dont think you can pull out. 200 wow thats a lot of people. Compared to Americans well lets not get into that. I'd like to think that it may be to late because we went in, although the Taliban should definetly be dealt with after 9/11.
Champions - Copa Rushmori 22, Cup of Harmony 35, Di Bradini Cup 19, World Baseball Classic 13, Gridiron World Championships (World Bowl 0), World Bowl 34, World Lacrosse Championship 2

World Cup Qualifications-41, 44, 46, 59, 61(RoS), 62(Quarterfinals), 63 (RoS), 64 (Quarterfinals), 83, 84 (RoS), 85, 87

Hosts-Cup of Harmony 55, Copa Rushmori 14, Sporting World Cup 10,
Quidditch World Cup 10, World Cup of Hockey 41, World Cup 87

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:40 am

Because Tony Blair was Bush's poodle. Gordon Brown is just lost.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Fson
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fson » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:43 am

Taeshan wrote:i dont think you can pull out. 200 wow thats a lot of people. Compared to Americans well lets not get into that. I'd like to think that it may be to late because we went in, although the Taliban should definetly be dealt with after 9/11.

The Taliban didnt attack us, al quaeda attacked us.

Yes pull out and stop trying to keep up with the yanks, and while your at it turn the military into a defence force.

Except the navy, its small enough as it is.
by Wilgrove » Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 am

OMG, It's so obvious! Of course!! Science has lied to us!!!

It's time to abandon scientific progress and only look towards the Lord Jesus Christ (who is white of course) for guidance in all matters!

United Russian State
Minister

Founded: Jul 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Russian State » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:43 am

Nations could leave NATO to advoid going into conflicts that do not invole them.
Defcon: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
State of War: Chernobyl-Pripyat
Establish Embassy in URS
URS Economy Information
Join Pan-Slavic Union State!
My long term plan is to contribute to globally warming as much as possible so my grandchildren can live in a world that is a few degrees warmer and where there is new coast land being created every day.- The Scandinvans

The U.S. did not controle the corrupt regiems it set up against the Soviet Union, it just sugested things and changed leaders if they weer not takeing enough sugestions-Omnicracy

NO ONE is poor and suffering in the US- they're pretending that while rollicking in welfare money-Pythria

Ring of Isengard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ring of Isengard » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:44 am

Taeshan wrote:i dont think you can pull out. 200 wow thats a lot of people. Compared to Americans well lets not get into that. I'd like to think that it may be to late because we went in, although the Taliban should definetly be dealt with after 9/11.

9/11 was pulled off by people from Yemen and Saudi Arabia. Besides 9/11 happened thousands of miles away - why should British troops die for that?
CI

The Imperial Navy
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Navy » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:45 am

Need I remind you of the two world wars? Thousands died every day.

For every British soldier that has died in this war, about 100 Taliban have died.

Ring of Isengard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ring of Isengard » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:45 am

Comaack wrote:200? 3000 American Civilians were killed in a few hours, and 5000 from this war. (The whole War on Terror itself), you think 200 is too much.

I think any life given up for no reason is too much.
CI

Ring of Isengard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ring of Isengard » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:48 am

Comaack wrote:Well, the English were attacked, the 7/7 Attacks I think were enough reason. The U.S. did have a good reason to Invade Afghanistan, 3,000 Civilians were killed 1 month before we invaded.

Terrorism is impossible to fight. How can we win this war? We can't. Afghans hate us being there - do you think they'll give up? Would you like it if people invaded your nation for no reason?
CI

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:50 am

No, we can't pull out. Afghanistan is way closer to where Bin Laden is and has been for the past nine years than Iraq. In fact, he may have never been in Iraq.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Allbeama
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:50 am

The problem for Americans is that someone decided to divert troops from a sensible and justified war in Afghanistan and sent them to fight mismanaged unnecessary war which was based on a lie.
Last edited by Allbeama on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agonarthis Terra, My Homeworld.
The Internet loves you. mah Factbook

Hope lies in the smouldering rubble of Empires.

Drak dragon
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 20, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Drak dragon » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:51 am

al queda get their recuits from the taliban but their not hte only reason we are there the marjority of the worlds opium drug is grown there and gruess where that money goes to the taliban who then give to the al queda. we are also there to ensure a safer furture for afghan as a whole. the people other there (non taliban) respect us and believe we are doing the right thing because they know what it would be like if our troops where not there to protect them

Fson
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fson » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:51 am

Comaack wrote:Well, the English were attacked, the 7/7 Attacks I think were enough reason. The U.S. did have a good reason to Invade Afghanistan, 3,000 Civilians were killed 1 month before we invaded.

:palm:

That was after we invaded.

Either way 1 British life was too much, or should i say one Ulstermans life, (Im still torn)

Edited one life from anywhere was too much.

We should look after the British Isles first, who gives a fuck what happens thousands of miles away, is that really worth making up a lie to invade a country, when you are already at war with another?

200 British lives lost, and nothing gained i call that a gangfuck.
Last edited by Fson on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
by Wilgrove » Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 am

OMG, It's so obvious! Of course!! Science has lied to us!!!

It's time to abandon scientific progress and only look towards the Lord Jesus Christ (who is white of course) for guidance in all matters!

Ring of Isengard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ring of Isengard » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:52 am

Allbeama wrote:The problem for Americans is that someone decided to divert troops from a sensible and justified war in Afghanistan and sent them to fight mismanaged unnecessary war which was based on a lie.

How is it sensible or justified?
CI

Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:52 am

Comaack wrote:200? 3000 American Civilians were killed in a few hours, and 5000 from this war. (The whole War on Terror itself), you think 200 is too much.

To me, one life is exactly the same as three thousand.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

Jakra
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakra » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:52 am

Ring of Isengard wrote:

Terrorism is impossible to fight. How can we win this war? We can't. Afghans hate us being there - do you think they'll give up? Would you like it if people invaded your nation for no reason?

We defeat terrorism by rebuilding portions of the world we BF'd in the cold War, areas which hate us because we abandoned them after the curtain fell, if we give up we make the same mistake over again and open up Afghanistan for another Taliban takeover.
Current DEFCON Level: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
Jakran Factbook: NSEconomy: Jakran Military Factbook (WIP)
In Memoriam of President:John Henry Eden

Jakra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakra » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:53 am

Ring of Isengard wrote:
Allbeama wrote:The problem for Americans is that someone decided to divert troops from a sensible and justified war in Afghanistan and sent them to fight mismanaged unnecessary war which was based on a lie.

That's where the Al-Qaeda training camps were and where Osama was hiding out.

Ledarre
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ledarre » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:54 am

Yes but America’s population far exceeds Britain’s and so does the military budget. I think Britain should pull out, unless the armed forces gets a massive boost in manpower and funds but I would prefer it if we pulled out.
The Murtunian Tribes wrote:
Ledarre wrote:I'm struggling to see the problem here. Just look at my nation, looks like a politically free nation, right? WRONG! The democratically elected parliament requires a unanimous vote to actually pass legalisation and with proportional representation and the number of extremists in parliament this is near impossible.

So the monarchy effectively rules by decree. I have achieved this through answering issues in a certain way... Unfortunately I can’t remember what those issues were. That plus a little bit of RP. Anyway my point is it’s easy to have moderate to high political freedoms and still have absolute power, you just have to be creative.

Huh. That's a rather unique and, I must say, deliciously evil approach. *golfclap*

Ring of Isengard
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ring of Isengard » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:55 am

Jakra wrote:
Ring of Isengard wrote:

We defeat terrorism by rebuilding portions of the world we BF'd in the cold War, areas which hate us because we abandoned them after the curtain fell, if we give up we make the same mistake over again and open up Afghanistan for another Taliban takeover.

The US can defeat terrorism by not being such dicks. You had no right to invade Iraq or Afghanistan. Nor did our shitty government.
CI

N3wgr0unds
Diplomat

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby N3wgr0unds » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:56 am

Aw I thought it was gonna be a sex joke. :unsure:
Certified Stoner of Nation States
I took the NEW! out of Forum NEW!
Member of CAG
Vice President of UDF(formally UNTO)
Member of SNOM
Member of United League Of Nations
Embassy Program
Political Compass
Military: 100,000,000
Ground Troops 80,400,000
National Militia 100,000,000(Can't be used for attack and not issued weapons.)

Soratsin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Soratsin » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:58 am

Ring of Isengard wrote:

Because a terrorist group that is based in Afghanistan attacked both the U.S. and Great Britain, as well as many other nations around the world. Yes I realize that Al-Qaida, not the Taliban perpetrated the attacks but AQ recruits it's operatives from the Taliban and trained them in Afghanistan. By abandoning the Afghan government it'll be overtaken by the Taliban and other Radicals and become a breeding ground for terrorism again.

The other NATO nations have good reason to be upset with the U.S. over Iraq, and the fact that we funded and trained the crazies in Afghanistan but I think we'll all suffer if we leave now.
Earth saw clmate chnge4 ions;will cont 2 c chnges.R duty2responsbly devlop resorces4humankind/not pollute&destroy;but cant alter naturl chng
-Sarah Palin

Jakra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Jakra » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:59 am

Ring of Isengard wrote:
Jakra wrote:

The US can defeat terrorism by not being such dicks. You had no right to invade Iraq or Afghanistan. Nor did our shitty government.

We were dicks in the Cold War when we only gave a shit about beating Communism. Now we have to go back and fix every country we broke, otherwise the people in that country will continue to blame us and try to blow us up. We had an obligation to invade Afghanistan and fix our Epic mistake, Iraq is a totally different barrel of worms I will not open, as it will end up hijacking this thread.
Last edited by Jakra on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

SERBIJANAC
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby SERBIJANAC » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:00 am

No ,britain should not pull out because it would leave ground for new muslim training camps and more suicide-bombing missions they would do in britain eveentually, again,as a revenge. This people are smart but not sensible ...
I think British should increase number of its troops in Afganistan and if deployment of fresh troops is a problem ,i think it wouldnt be a problem for Serbian government to come back and replace british troops in kosovo for peacekeeping duties.
Something along this lines was talked about by new nato secretary in reducing un troops in kosovo and redeploying them in A-stan during his visit here...

Nadkor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nadkor » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:00 am

Ring of Isengard wrote: And for what? Why have these men died? For fuck all. Do you agree with troops of any nation being in Afghanistan? Why?

Because we still haven't managed to get rid of shit like this.
economic left/right: -7.38, social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.59
thekidswhopoptodaywillrocktomorrow

I think we need more post-coital and less post-rock
Feels like the build-up takes forever but you never get me off

Soratsin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Soratsin » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:01 am

We probably could have prevented it by not being such dicks, but now that terrorism exists it will continue to be a threat to everyone.
Earth saw clmate chnge4 ions;will cont 2 c chnges.R duty2responsbly devlop resorces4humankind/not pollute&destroy;but cant alter naturl chng
-Sarah Palin

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General