NATION

PASSWORD

NationStates: The Trading Card Game

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:35 am

Code: Select all
           Rethast Pathogen [M] [6]
       [Scorched Earth - Discard a card to regain half the Influence value to Rethast Pathogen's defense.]
   * [Consume: 1 - If a card is destroyed by Rethast Pathogen using Consume, draw a card.]
   *** [The Swarm: 3]
            [Tagline: 'We are the Rethast.  Your species is now obsolete.']

Again, one of my fancy cards designed to have fun combos. We'll just see what Jen does with these. I doubt any will go in as they are.
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

Mount Shavano
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2008
Corporate Bordello

Postby Mount Shavano » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:16 pm

Draft of Revised Mount Shavano card:
I reverse engineered the template, obviously it is a little off.

Feedback welcome, especially from the actual designers.

EDIT 1: Card health dropped from six to four.
Last edited by Mount Shavano on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Federation of Mount Shavano
Consul Morgan Dawson
Capital : San Angelo
The Cowboy Angel Rides

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:48 pm

You'd need to drop it to 3 or 4, max. Since Shavano with 6 equates to 10, plus the resistance, plus its attacks, and I wouldn't doubt the ability of a player to get 4 Shavanos out by the 3rd or 4th turn.

Mount Shavano
Minister

Corporate Bordello

Postby Mount Shavano » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Jenrak wrote:You'd need to drop it to 3 or 4, max. Since Shavano with 6 equates to 10, plus the resistance, plus its attacks, and I wouldn't doubt the ability of a player to get 4 Shavanos out by the 3rd or 4th turn.

Fair enough. Do you think dropping health to four would be a better fix, or nerfing "Defiance" to a flat 1?

I also wasn't sure that the costs of the attacks were in line.
Consul Morgan Dawson
The Cowboy Angel Rides

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:09 pm

Mount Shavano wrote:
Jenrak wrote:You'd need to drop it to 3 or 4, max. Since Shavano with 6 equates to 10, plus the resistance, plus its attacks, and I wouldn't doubt the ability of a player to get 4 Shavanos out by the 3rd or 4th turn.

Fair enough. Do you think dropping health to four would be a better fix, or nerfing "Defiance" to a flat 1?

I also wasn't sure that the costs of the attacks were in line.

You don't really need to nerf Defiance to 1 if you're dropping the health.

Sskiss
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sskiss » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:11 pm

Jenrak, did you check my card entry? Would really appreciate your opinion on it.
Last edited by Sskiss on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eat or be Eaten"
"The first pain of life is to be driven from the creche to the harsh lands beyond.
The first joy of life is the crechemates you will meet there"
"Above the Isss' Raak is only the sky"
"Greenfood feeds redfood. Redfood feeds Sskiss"

"All is oneness/isness. All feed on death"
Sskiss Apothegms

Mount Shavano
Minister

Corporate Bordello

Postby Mount Shavano » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Jenrak wrote:You don't really need to nerf Defiance to 1 if you're dropping the health.

Cool, thanks.
Consul Morgan Dawson
The Cowboy Angel Rides

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Sskiss wrote:

Jenrak, did you check my card entry? Would really appreciate your opinion on it.

Feeding Frenzy looks potentially broken. I'll have to get back to you on that once I get the Master Thread and the tourney stuff out of the way, and full into testing with the other Beta members. For now, it's best to keep it in the back of your mind, but we'll be doing testing for sure.

Crumlark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Crumlark wrote:
Nation Name - The Holy Crumlarkian Empire
Defense: 4
Type: Military
Ability - The Final Stand - When this card is destroyed, have the attacking nation take three damage, and two "Remnant of the Empire" cards be summoned, if there is not enough space for both of them, ignore the ability. The ability is rendered null if it has already been re-summoned using "Resurrection of the Empire".
Attacks:
[Attack Name 1] - Operation Military Storm - Deals four damage to targeted enemy nation
[Attack Name 2] - The Great Gas Cloud - Deals two damage to all enemy nations on field and one to itself, if a card, including itself, would be killed by this attack, instead reduce its defense to one.

And I guess it would be smart to put this up too...

[Nation Name] Remnant of the Empire
Defense: 1
[Type: Economic (E), Political (P), Military (M)] Military
Ability - Resurrection of the Empire : If both Remnants of the Empire survive for two turns, they can be removed from battle and be replaced by the "Holy Crumlarkian Empire" card. Only one "Remnant of the Empire" has to use its turn for this. (Given the impossibility of this, I think this isn't that overpowered)
Attacks:
[Attack Name 1] - Militia Strike - Deals two damage to selected enemy
[Attack Name 2] - Guerrilla Warfare - Targeted enemy nation loses one point of its resistance.

Anything the great and wise Jenrak has to say about this?
Anarchist. I'm dating TotallyNotEvilLand, and I love him. I am made whole.

Melly, merely living, surviving, is to suffer. You must fill your life with more to be happy.
Liberate Mallorea and Riva!

Morlago
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morlago » Mon May 07, 2012 4:28 am

Oh YES! This is BACK! I revived my nation just for this. Can someone check out my application from last time please?

Morlago wrote:[Nation Name] Morlago
Defense: 8
[Type: Economic (E), Political (P), Military (M)] P
[Ability] Rebellion: Reflects one attack from opponent back to any opponent card (requires recharging of 4 turns)
Attacks:
[Attack Name 1] Death Ray: 3 Damage
[Attack Name 2] Patriot Act: +2 Defense to all political cards for 2 turns

Also, if it's possible, I would like to make one for my puppet

[Nation Name] Andusoa
Defense: 6
[Type: Economic (E), Political (P), Military (M)] E
[Ability] Monopoly: Andusoa can receive or pass on half of the damage of any one attack directed towards Andusoa or another friendly economic card, with Andusoa taking the larger integer should there be a decimal (needs recharging of 2 turns)
Attacks:
[Attack Name 1] Corruption: 2 Damage
[Attack Name 2] Depression: -1 Attack for all opponent economic cards for 2 turns (needs recharging of 4 turns)
Angelo Gervoski
Minister of WA Affairs of
The United Islands of Morlago
Yë Morre Waidamün i Mórlago

DEFCON: 1 2 (Low) 3 4 5 6

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33
Graph
Center-left social moderate.
Left: 2.2, Libertarian: 0.75
Foreign Policy: -6.11 (Non-interventionalist)
Culture: -6.31 (Cultural liberal)

Generex
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Generex » Tue May 08, 2012 4:39 pm

[Nation Name] Generex
Defense: 5
[Type: Economic (E), Political (P), Military (M)] Political
Ability - Divided We Stand - If Generex would be destroyed, you may transfer the remaining health of Generex to other nations you control. The distribution of the health is decided by the player.
Attacks:
[Attack Name 1] - State Militia - 1 - This attack ignores resistances.
[Attack Name 2] - Artillary Prep - 2 - This attack deals 1 extra damage for everytime you used this attack with this card. This extra damage stops growing at 5 extra damage.

Thoughts? This is a rough draft. It may not work with the rules of the game. I know your not really accepting cards atm, but im just posting this to prepare for when you do start accepting cards.

Also, im not entirely sure about whether it should be political or economic... what exactly defines a political nation?
Factbook - Gov. Overview
Practically, somewhere between a libertarian and a liberal.
Impractically, I would prefer (atleast government wise) for something like generex. Than (theoretically), most people could be satisfied.
-WARNING: User likes to post while barely awake, has no truely solid opinion about anything, and is unable to RP to save his life-
RIP, 1000 Cats :(

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Tue May 08, 2012 6:19 pm

It's on a bit of a hiatus, but we'll be definitely getting the Base Set up sometime next month.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue May 08, 2012 7:43 pm

So we'll need to resubmit our card apps or...?
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Jormengand
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jormengand » Wed May 09, 2012 10:24 am

Re-posting all these. Any more suggestions?

Jormengand wrote:I'm going to redraft my card, by Unnerfing blockade and replacing CF. And more defence, dammit!
Nation Name: Jormengand
Defense:7
Type: M
Ability: Bait force(Specified nation card immediately uses its ability, on Jormengand if applicable. If it is a targeted ability which cannot be used on Jormengand, the nation under the effect of bait force may choose its target. If it cannot be used, the ability is wasted. Once per turn, per card.)
[Oops...] 6 damage. 4 damage to an allied nation.
[Blockade] 5 damage to E. 3 damage to P. 1 damage to M.
Tagline: Yes, we did just.

Jormengand wrote:As covering fire was so popular:

Covering fire:
This is a battlefield card. Each turn, choose any nation card. All that nations attacks do 1 extra damage to a target for each attack that has already been made on the target. Conversely, attacks on the target after use of covering fire to attack it do 1 extra damage. Jormengand on your side of the field may destroy this card to do no damage to your nations using "Oops".

And a few others for lolz:
tTEoP:
This is a region card. Jormengand on your side of the field gains 3 defense while this card remains in play.

The Jormengandrian recruitment puppets:
This is a diplomacy card. All nations on your side of the field gain 1 defence. If Jormengand and tTEoP are on the field, you may discard Jormengand and tTEoP to inflict 6 damage to all opposing attacking nations.
Jormengand wrote:It would be really meta if I sigged this.

Morlago
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morlago » Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 am

Generex wrote:[Nation Name] Generex
Defense: 5
[Type: Economic (E), Political (P), Military (M)] Political
Ability - Divided We Stand - If Generex would be destroyed, you may transfer the remaining health of Generex to other nations you control. The distribution of the health is decided by the player.
Attacks:
[Attack Name 1] - State Militia - 1 - This attack ignores resistances.
[Attack Name 2] - Artillary Prep - 2 - This attack deals 1 extra damage for everytime you used this attack with this card. This extra damage stops growing at 5 extra damage.

Thoughts? This is a rough draft. It may not work with the rules of the game. I know your not really accepting cards atm, but im just posting this to prepare for when you do start accepting cards.

Also, im not entirely sure about whether it should be political or economic... what exactly defines a political nation?

I don't think there really is a "definition". The only aspects of the game card type touches on is resistance and that some attacks and abilities are type-specific/type-conditional. You can assign it to military and make all your attacks sound like economic terms. I don't think there are many factors to take into account apart from personal preference. The mods might reassign the types to balance them out, though.
Angelo Gervoski
Minister of WA Affairs of
The United Islands of Morlago
Yë Morre Waidamün i Mórlago

DEFCON: 1 2 (Low) 3 4 5 6

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33
Graph
Center-left social moderate.
Left: 2.2, Libertarian: 0.75
Foreign Policy: -6.11 (Non-interventionalist)
Culture: -6.31 (Cultural liberal)

Huerdae
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 28, 2009
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Huerdae » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:46 am

Kisia:
Code: Select all
           Central Dominion of Kisia [M] [4]
       [Revolutionary Fervor - When attacking Military nations, Central Dominion of Kisia deals an additional 1 damage, and ignores resistances]
   ** [Republican Infantry: 2]
   **** [Guard Blitz: 3 - Kisia may only use the Guard Blitz in a turn following a turn in which it destroyed an enemy nation.]
         [Tagline: 'Our Lives for the Dominion!']
The Huerdaen Star Empire is an FT Nation.

Xiscapia wrote:It amused her for a time to wonder if the two fleets could not see each other, so she could imagine them blindly stabbing in the dark, like a game of tag, if tag was played with rocket launchers in pitch blackness.
[17:15] <Telros> OH HO HO, YOU THOUGHT HUE WAS OUT OF LUCK, DID YOU
[17:15] <Telros> KUKUKU, HE HAS REINFORCEMENTS
[17:15] <Telros> FOR TELROS IS REINFORCEMENTS MAN

Rezo wrote:If your battleship turrets have a smaller calibre than your penis is long, you're doing it wrong.

Milograd
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Milograd » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:17 pm

NSTCG now has a new thread, folks.
Retired

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information