NATION

PASSWORD

Sims 3

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Sims 3

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:08 pm

Who has Sims 3?

I have Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night. I barely used WA features, but Ambitions and Late Night have been amazing for me. I especially liked the improvement from Sims 2. The AI is far smarter now, and I don't have to watch my Sims every second.

I also like the traits. They give my Sims lots of depth, in my opinion. I once made a Sims LOST Game, which went amazingly, and a Sims F7 game, which I lost when my computer broke. :(

My traits would be

Bookworm
Eccentric
Computer Whiz
Ambitious
Shy.

What about you folks? What do you think of Sims 3?
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Bergnovinaia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bergnovinaia » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:10 pm

I love it!

'nuff said. *nods*

Seriously though, it has so many cool features. I love world adventures since I love to travel. (My actual RL goal is to go to Egypt soon.) :D

But yeah! :D
I am pursuing my undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University in Psychology and Spanish. My goal in life is to be a marriage and family counselor. If you have questions about me or my life, just ask!

My girlfriend and I blog about Christian & general marriage, relationship, and dating advice!

NS member since 2009. WA Resolution Author (mostly all repealed), NS sports fanatic.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:14 pm

If someone can make a NS Sims game, I would give you a cookie.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Nobody else plays?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Xarithis
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Xarithis » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:35 pm

I play the Sims 3. Unfortunately, no expansion packs.

I love a good reign of terror. Riverview was such a peaceful town before Xyon Vyrrin moved in.
"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Until I stop procrastinating and write a Factbook, here are a few basic facts of Xarithis for reference:

Form of Government: Dictatorship
RP Population: 40,444,305
Economic System: Mixed, Leaning toward State Capitalism

Saganist
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Saganist » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:32 pm

I..... own it on consoles. DON'T HURT ME!

I love it though. The controls take little bit of getting used to, as I played Sims 2( again on consoles) first.

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:54 pm

I've got Sims 3 WITH WA, Ambitions, Late Night, Outdoor living Stuff, and High end Loft stuff. I love mah Sims 3. :)
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:28 am

Frisivisia wrote:I've got Sims 3 WITH WA, Ambitions, Late Night, Outdoor living Stuff, and High end Loft stuff. I love mah Sims 3. :)

You got all the stuff packs, lol.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Aescentia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aescentia » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:08 pm

I can't afford any of the expansions and I'd feel terrible torrenting it :(

Anyway, I love the game (even though it's just the basegame) and consistently mod it through MTS.
The Archregimancy wrote:Back to dirty, perverted, shameful sex, please.
Ardchoille wrote:Get back to the tits and boobies, you lot!
NERVUN wrote:I am NERV thy MOD. Thou shalt have no other gods before us.
Reppy wrote:Because fun is fun
Stew cranberries like apples
Tastes much more like prunes

I RP under the nation the City of Vauxhall, mid-PMT. ~~ The One Time I was Ever Reported
Handy Links: GE&T Help Desk ~~ Storefront Creation Guide ~~ NSBBB ~~ NSDossier ~~ French Motto Clinic ~~ Technical FAQ ~~ Le Fil Français

Rhursbourg
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhursbourg » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:42 am

I owns Sim 3 with Ambitions and Late night loves playing it
Economic Left/Right: -9.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.9

Frisivisia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Frisivisia » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:03 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:
Frisivisia wrote:I've got Sims 3 WITH WA, Ambitions, Late Night, Outdoor living Stuff, and High end Loft stuff. I love mah Sims 3. :)

You got all the stuff packs, lol.

No, sadly enough, I'm missing fast lane. :( I love The Sims, stuff packs are irresistible.
Impeach The Queen, Legalize Anarchy, Stealing Things Is Not Theft. Sex Pistols 2017.
I'm the evil gubmint PC inspector, here to take your Guns, outlaw your God, and steal your freedom and give it to black people.
I'm Joe Biden. So far as you know.

For: Anarchy, Punk Rock Fury
Against: Thatcher, Fascists, That Fascist Thatcher, Reagan, Nazi Punks, Everyone
"Am I buggin' ya? I don't mean to bug ya." - Bono
Let's cram some more shit in my sig. Cool people cram shit in their sigs. In TECHNICOLOR!

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:52 pm

I on it along with Late Night. I can't really afford to get any other expansion packs now, plus my computer is full with Morrowind, Minecraft, Civilization IV and V, Starcraft II, Spore, and some really in depth political sims. :p
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Old Vester
Senator

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Vester » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:59 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Who has Sims 3?

I have Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions and Late Night. I barely used WA features, but Ambitions and Late Night have been amazing for me. I especially liked the improvement from Sims 2. The AI is far smarter now, and I don't have to watch my Sims every second.

I also like the traits. They give my Sims lots of depth, in my opinion. I once made a Sims LOST Game, which went amazingly, and a Sims F7 game, which I lost when my computer broke. :(

My traits would be

Bookworm
Eccentric
Computer Whiz
Ambitious
Shy.

The Sims has always been a good series. Even if an eventualy crapper came out I still loved it. And I didn't think of you as the shy type ,Nightkill.
"A man chooses, a slave obeys".-Andrew Ryan
"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".-George Carlin.
"I want you to kill yourself. I will buy and send you rope". -EmpireErwinRommel
Billy Mays of F7. Current balance in F7CF $104,952.I'm the richest one!!
Mushet wrote:Banned becuse you need to stop being a politically correct nigger lover
Coccygia wrote:Is the unsung original creator of Angry Birds.
The only question I can answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Pxifl3zjg&NR=1. Name in Cat translated by 1000 Cats: Zeˑhsˑr:kxk (kxk = "old") (lit. "the first sanctuary, old and glad")
Need a dedicated co-OP? I'll do it for drugs free!-I can also consult for creative ideas and such.

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:02 pm

Old Vester wrote:
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Who has Sims 3?

My traits would be

Bookworm
Eccentric
Computer Whiz
Ambitious
Shy.

The Sims has always been a good series. Even if an eventualy crapper came out I still loved it. And I didn't think of you as the shy type ,Nightkill.

Well, people are different online, though I didn't really guess that either. Also, I just now noticed Eccentric, is that an Ambitions trait?
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Galla-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Galla- » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:05 pm

I own all three Sims series, all expansions, and all stuff packs.

Didn't pay a cent for them, either.

Wewt.
Hello humans. I am Sporekin, specifically a European Umber-Brown Puffball (or more formally, Lycoperdon umbrinum). Ask me anything.
Fashiontopia wrote:Look don't come here talking bad about Americans, that will get you cussed out faster than relativity.

Besides: Most posters in this thread are Americans, and others who are non-Americans have no problems co-existing so shut that trap...

New Nicksyllvania - Unjustly Deleted 6/14/11

Cirona
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cirona » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Played Sims all the way to Sims 3 Late Night.

I have all expansion and stuff packs for The Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. And no, I do not have a life whatsoever. :)

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Threlizdun wrote:
Old Vester wrote:The Sims has always been a good series. Even if an eventualy crapper came out I still loved it. And I didn't think of you as the shy type ,Nightkill.

Well, people are different online, though I didn't really guess that either. Also, I just now noticed Eccentric, is that an Ambitions trait?

Yes.
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:09 pm

I've only played it on mobile phones, unfortunately.

The installment I played before that (Bustin' Out) was on consoles. I'm ashamed. :(
A young merc terminally ill with cancer, I signed on for a government "human weapon" program: Weapon X. They got rid of the cancer like they promised...sorta...by melding an advanced healing factor to it. The gruesome experiments left me physically and mentally scarred, so they put me in a mental ward where the guards held a dead pool. I escaped and rose to infamy, partly a hero.

For falling in love with a physical avatar of Death, I was cursed with life. I pissed off a divine power so that I could be with her again, but it failed. After I got struck down by some powerful lighting, I came back to life...as a breathing corpse. Fuck.
Niece: Hetalia Dakota
Chaotic neutral til I'm gone for good!

I wrote:Bitch, please!

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Planeta de los Muertos wrote:I've only played it on mobile phones, unfortunately.

The installment I played before that (Bustin' Out) was on consoles. I'm ashamed. :(

Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Joesia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Joesia » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Have all expansions and Stuff Packs.

It's definitely a step-up from Sims 2 in a LOT of aspects; my only personal complaint is that they still haven't increased the amount of sims that can live on a given lot (it really ruins my legacies). I also miss the pets, but I figure that they'll be back eventually.

Anyone planning on getting the next expansion?
Chesidia von Kotch: Supreme Executive of the Week (Indefinitely) of the Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune of Joesia. Rumors persist that she is an enlarged, sentient platypus. These accusations have yet to be dismissed.

There is no spoon, namely because we smelted them all down in preparations for the platypus-shaped Chesidia von Kotch Memorial statue to be erected in Pistola Square.

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Joesia wrote:Have all expansions and Stuff Packs.

It's definitely a step-up from Sims 2 in a LOT of aspects; my only personal complaint is that they still haven't increased the amount of sims that can live on a given lot (it really ruins my legacies). I also miss the pets, but I figure that they'll be back eventually.

Anyone planning on getting the next expansion?

I probably will. What is it?
Tiami is cool.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

Xarithis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xarithis » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:17 pm

I just bought Ambitions. Fun.

Galla- wrote:I own all three Sims series, all expansions, and all stuff packs.

Didn't pay a cent for them, either.

Wewt.

My personal philosophy is "If it's worth playing, it's worth paying."

But, to each his own.
Last edited by Xarithis on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Until I stop procrastinating and write a Factbook, here are a few basic facts of Xarithis for reference:

Greater Rhodes
Senator

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Rhodes » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Sims is great, I have World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Late Night, and Ambitions. I really enjoyed Ambitions and Late Night they really did a great job on those expansions, I don't know how the Medieval one will go though. Anyone have any favourite traits? I always usually go with Genius, Bookworm, Artistic, Athletic, Virtuoso, Computer Whiz, things like that.
Canadian
Political Compass
Member of: RIMT | CI | WA
Dominions: The Rhodian Antilles
New Factbook & Embassy in the Works--Never Forget

Joesia
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 11, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Joesia » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I probably will. What is it?

"Generations".

To elaborate: Judging by screenshots and the trailer, it looks like it might encompass the 'Celebrations', 'Family Fun Stuff' and *possibly* 'University' packs of Sims 2.
Last edited by Joesia on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chesidia von Kotch: Supreme Executive of the Week (Indefinitely) of the Anarcho-Syndicalist Commune of Joesia. Rumors persist that she is an enlarged, sentient platypus. These accusations have yet to be dismissed.

There is no spoon, namely because we smelted them all down in preparations for the platypus-shaped Chesidia von Kotch Memorial statue to be erected in Pistola Square.

Xarithis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Xarithis » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Greater Rhodes wrote:I don't know how the Medieval one will go though.

I'm thinking about getting The Sims Medieval. Looks interesting enough.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction