NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Condemn Sedgistan

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:13 am

Is this the right time to confess I don't really hate pink? :P

Grandais
Minister

Founded: Jan 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandais » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:16 am

This passed? Really?
DEFCON 5 [4] 3 2 1
Grandais News|Factbook|Embassies

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:32 am

Crazy girl wrote:Is this the right time to confess I don't really hate pink? :P

"Hr'rmm..."

Condemn Crazy Girl

The World Assembly,

Noting that in the recent condemnation of Sedgistan the government of Crazy girl used an alleged dislike on their own part of the colour pink, in which Sedgistan had recently redecorated the headquarters of the region to which both those nations belong, as one of its main arguments for that proposal;

Recognising that the government of Crazy Girl has since admitted that it doesn't hate the colour pink after all, meaning that that claim was merely an excuse for that proposal;

Considering such duplicity unbecoming of any national government that might be represented here, and especially so when that government has (as is the situation in tthis case) recently been entrusted with filling a seat on the WA Secretariat;

Hereby condemns Crazy girl.

"Shall we?"

Artorrios o SouthWoods,
ChairBear, Bears Armed Mission at the World Assembly.

^_^
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:25 am

Bears Armed wrote:"Shall we?"

Watch out, Bears.. they might try to Moddy you. ^_^
Last edited by Unibot II on Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:47 am

Crazy girl wrote:Is this the right time to confess I don't really hate pink? :P

Time to be repealing, then.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Alterrea
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Alterrea » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:14 pm

The Govnermnet of Alterrea is completely committing itslef to try to repeal this shameful Resolution.
Another evidence of this cheating Resolution has been found by our External Relations Bureau!
Here:

http://s8.zetaboards.com/The_RR_and_RRA/topic/8280023/1/

TT. it's a friendly little poking between Sedge and me :)

The Queendom of Crazy Girl.

Is "a friendly little poking" a sufficent reason to express immortal dismay against a Nation among all the thousands and thousands of WA Nations?

Repeal this awful Resolution!
Help to Repeal this Resolution and restore the dignity of the Security Council!
The Community of Alterrea's Mission to the World Assembly

OOC: Be patient, English is not my mother-tongue. I'm learning.
If you find errors in my comments, please tell me.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:28 am

I love how Sedge is both condemned and commended :p

It's like slapping a kitty for drinking your milk and petting her afterwords because it's a kitty.

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 22, 2003

Postby Flemingovia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:49 am

in the "condemn Durk again thread, Sedge wrote:

I look at every proposal submitted to the Security Council, and each one posted here on the forums too. I pay particularly close attention to any that look like they're going to attain quorum. The answer to your question is yes, I read over Crazy Girl's resolution several times, and considered it to comply with the rules and rulings that apply to the Security Council.

Given that Crazy Girl admitted in the rejected realms forum that this Condemnation was cooked up between her and sedge:

TT. it's a friendly little poking between Sedge and me
In fact, he challenged me to write this one

Can i respectfully suggest that it sets a really poor precedent, and does nothing for the reputation of the mods for the only mods to be or record as being involved in the scrutiny of this resolution* to be the author and the object of the condemnation.

I am, of course, not suggesting that this resolution was in any way allowed to slip through because of this, but it would have been better, surely, for Sedge to declare an interest and step aside and for another mod to decide on it's compliance or otherwise?

as it stands, others might suspect that their resolution would be dealt with less harshly if their names were coloured red (or pink).

*Nervun posted, but in a private capacity concerning his own vote not as a moderator.
IMPORTANT: Before reading this post please read the terms and conditions below. By accessing this post you signify your acceptance, full and in part, of those terms and conditions:

http://img808.imageshack.us/i/disclaimer.jpg/

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:56 am

I'm not sure where you got the impression that I was the only mod to look at this proposal prior to it getting to vote, but it is incorrect. The Game Mods routinely scour the proposal queue, and won't generally post in a thread to say 'this proposal is legal' - action is only taken if a proposal is illegal.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009

Postby Esternial » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:00 am

Sedgistan wrote:I'm not sure where you got the impression that I was the only mod to look at this proposal prior to it getting to vote, but it is incorrect. The Game Mods routinely scour the proposal queue, and won't generally post in a thread to say 'this proposal is legal' - action is only taken if a proposal is illegal.

I think most of us realize that.

Don't see why you got condemned though, because pink is a symbol manliness
Half-naked angels, however, are not. :meh:
Last edited by Esternial on Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives