NATION

PASSWORD

Great Slave War OOC Thread ONLY!

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Demigueris
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Demigueris » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:03 am

Agreed. We've lost the initiative.

That said, we have most of what we require already. Would those still active be interested in retrying the concept with some fresh, active players, only this time ensuring we have everything we need ready before we take it to the boards.

We need someone to basically wipe the map. I just think we probably needed at least two people organizing this; one person to deal with all the map shinanigans while another handles the forum. Underium trying to do both at the same time while keeping on top of life in general seemed to be a bit much.

I'd like to know what underium thinks, since it's really his rp.

Diol
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Diol » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:09 am

Just wondering wheather underium requires snarky telegram™ to get it moving again.
the silver isles
An up and comming rp region with an active community!
I rp as the united vakali empire in all techs
Proud slaver state. All arguments accepted and answered.
Note: I am blind. Expect terrible grammar, as it is hard to skim posts with screen reader.

Demigueris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Demigueris » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:21 am

I don't think there's much Underium can do; probably 3/4 of the players just up and went inactive. Not much he can do about that.

Essentially we have two options... have it out now understanding essentially that Cal alone could absolutely wreck our slave-owning shit. Or go back to the boards, have everything we need ready to go, and get things moving before players lose interest(and maybe keep a careful look at who we're accepting because d-holes who sign up and then don't do anything are irritating).

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Bormea
Attaché

Founded: Dec 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bormea » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:12 pm

Demigueris wrote:I don't think there's much Underium can do; probably 3/4 of the players just up and went inactive. Not much he can do about that.

Essentially we have two options... have it out now understanding essentially that Cal alone could absolutely wreck our slave-owning shit. Or go back to the boards, have everything we need ready to go, and get things moving before players lose interest(and maybe keep a careful look at who we're accepting because d-holes who sign up and then don't do anything are irritating).

I'm getting bored real fast, just start the war already people! :meh: >:( :!:
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 5

Diol
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Diol » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:45 am

Bormea wrote:
Demigueris wrote:I don't think there's much Underium can do; probably 3/4 of the players just up and went inactive. Not much he can do about that.

I'm getting bored real fast, just start the war already people! :meh: >:( :!:

This, without the smilies.
the silver isles
Note: I am blind. Expect terrible grammar, as it is hard to skim posts with screen reader.

Kingdoms of Cal
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kingdoms of Cal » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:43 am

I am willing to give an undertaking that the commonwealth will remain crippled with next to no land forces it can deploy over seas. Basically I will keep the commonwealth a sea and air power only, in need of allies to actually take land, but can't really take much it self (small elite forces on the ground only).
Last edited by Kingdoms of Cal on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning thar be furries!

Talk to us and normalises things by setting up an embassy

Kingdoms of Cal
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kingdoms of Cal » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:44 am

I am all for getting this show on the road as soon as, as this is taking a lot of time to get started.
Last edited by Kingdoms of Cal on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning thar be furries!

Talk to us and normalises things by setting up an embassy

Demigueris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Demigueris » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:26 pm

How do we want to handle Jade no longer responding?

We can relocate the front to me. But I'm wondering what those still active want to see happen there and how we want to narrate this. I'm perfectly willing to get this going as soon as I get an indication of who is actually going to participate and whether at this point it's just me vs. the world.

Arboz
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arboz » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:04 pm

should we look for replacments of people who arent here?

Demigueris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Demigueris » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:26 am

That's what I just asked. But apparently no one really wants to respond or even post in the IC thread.

I can also create a Demigueris front immediately and we can just ignore the current IC thread and go to the active one.

Diol
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Diol » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:09 am

Yes, we need new players.

Who wants to recruit. Shall i ask people if they're still interested? Can somebody give a link, my screen reader won't read the address bar.
the silver isles

Late Roman Empire
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Late Roman Empire » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 am

I've pulled out, actually. Sorry, Late Roman Empire has changed too much in the meantime and the map issue is too much for me. We are no longer pro-slavery.
"I swear by Almighty God that I will faithfully serve and obey the Divine Augustus, as our Lord and Master, and hold him alone as my true, dread sovereign and prince. I swear that I will serve him loyally until the hour of my death, on pain of damnation to my eternal soul." - the Imperial Oath of Allegiance (administered to the civil service and armed forces)

Woe to they who demand things of the Lord of the World, for he is neither so obliged nor amused.

Carrilipolis
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Carrilipolis » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:37 am

Sorry I haven't been active, finals week is quickly approaching at my university and I've had no time to RP or for nationstates in general.
That being said I won't be able to be active on this thread. =[
Sorry again for the inconvenience.
I am a critic, a cynic, but above all else, I am an intellectual.

Demigueris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Demigueris » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:21 pm

Underium appears to be MIA which is a serious concern. How do people feel about me restarting this as a new thread.

With that being said, is anyone sure how we can go about modifying the existing map? If someone can handle map related shinanigans I think we can fill out our roster and be actively shit disturbing within a few days.

I can manage the thread stuff and having a new OP will allow us to keep things centralized on the main page.

Arboz
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arboz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:35 pm

any new fights?

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents