NATION

PASSWORD

The Whirlwind Tour: Motokata (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

The Whirlwind Tour: Motokata (Closed)

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:16 pm

Fortress One
Foxtrot Sierra Zero One, or Fortress One, was a heavily customised 787 Dream Liner, Molly DeLéan reclined into one of the plus seats as they crossed Novan Airspace, heading for Motokata. The trip would be short, well compared to other trips out of the region. Molly had just declared war on every slave state in the civilised world, this was her whirlwind tour to shore up support from her allies, and to assure others that she had not gone mad.

To her right was her long time aid; Alison; the middle aged blonde woman was a constant companion, confidante and constantly single. Her life was not conducive to relationships, though rumour was she was dating a Marshite semi-seriously. Approaching from one of the offices that had been fit into the airliner, was Jim Gardner, he was a foreign policy advisor. He was a short balding bespectacled man in a shirt an tie that made him look like a salesman, which he was though not any salesman you might see in a car-lot. No his job was more to sell nations to the administration and the Foreign office. State visits, trade deals, treaties and other matters of foreign policy all went through his office before they ever reached the president. When they did, it was his job to sell those ideas to the president and ultimately to take responsibility for them if that nation did something biblically stupid, as did sometimes happen.

His latest project, was the little known nation of Xerut, which was eager to make its mark on the world; Xerut was already turning into quite the useful ally. His other project was this whirlwind tour, visits to Novan allies, and other extra-regional allies, fly the flag etc.

This would be Molly’s first time visiting Motokata, they were a friendly nation but Molly knew little of the inner workings of the state. “Okay Jim, what can you tell me?”

Gardner smiled as he sat down opposite the President.

“Well Madam President” he said taking out a folder marked with the CIS seal on it.

“Motokata was founded by a tight night group of Businessmen on a resources journey and it's since evolved into a Oligarchy-hybrid. It's a tropical country and very humid with large thunderstorms often, this time of year it is quite wet so wet weather gear is advised”

“It’s a peninsula country with major ports and rural areas with rigged mountains and thick jungles”, Gardner said.

“The country is ran by the State Holder who is also the nations Commander-in-Chief, currently that position is filled by Kaori Oda who succeeded from her husband after he was killed by a car bomb. Culturally it's a mix of western and old Japanese. The cities are more Westernised but smaller areas in the south and north are more traditional Japanese. Virtually the entire population is some sort of Asian usually Japanese, there's very few other racial minorities.” He added turning the page in his folder.

“Madam President Motokata is very much an ethnocentric nation, it's very capitalist. Slavery is somewhat borderline while physical abuse against your ‘servant’ is illegal, it’s believed that these servants are paid, though very little due to a semi-rigged class system”

“They have a good variety of food: - beef, fish, pork, rice, chicken and other quinines, belching in a dinner setting not appropriate and also considered very rude to speak while chewing. Where coffee is served one should turn their coffee cup upside down if you don't want coffee”, Gardner said.

“When we land, Motokatan Security has agreed to provide a motorcade, CIS can give you the details on that. When we are formally greeted there are two responses, for men it's a very firm hand shake for women it's a curtsey, the lower the curtsey the more respect it condones, so someone like Kaori Oda would get a pretty low one”

“Our files also indicate they are rather big on dresses”, Gardner said, closing his file.

“Very thorough Mr Gardner”, Molly said.

“Thank you ma’am”, He said.

“Dresses huh?” Molly said.

“Indeed, I have had Alison prepare something in advance for you”, Gardner said with a smile; “I like to be thorough”

“Boy Scout mentality?” Molly teased.

“Indeed”, Gardner replied.

Twenty minutes passed, and Fortress one came to a landing in the capital of Motokata, the aircraft taxing to a private hanger, out of the rain and its door opening up as stairs connected.

Several Secret service – Section -2 were first to disembark; dressed in black suits and shades they would secure the hanger, with the hanger secured, next down was Molly and her aids. Gardner dressed in an expensive looking suit; Alison in a long black dress. Molly in a white dress, that extended down to below the knee, black streaks went up the side, crossing over at her stomach and moving up between her breasts, covering all the important bits but leaving enough on show for those inclined to look.

Looking out of the hanger, it was raining, as expected, now they waited for the Motokatan’s to arrive.
[ National Map | Regional Map | Topology Map ]
[DEFCON:1 || STRATCON:1 || TERRORALERT: Elevated]
Signitory to:: CASTLE | The Amistad Declaration | Theeb I & II | Covenant | The Deliean League

Motokata
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Kaori was really looking forward to meeting the lovely Molly DeLean. She had been briefed on her just as she assumed Molly had been briefed on her and Motokata. Either way their nations were friendly. "Lot of rain today. Slick runways make it hard to land..." She paced about her office waiting for the news regarding it. "Most of the heavy thunderstorms have moved out of the area, madam. That should clear enough for air traffic to land."

"The private hanger is designated for her flight to enter in."

"This is our first meeting with Miss DeLean and I want things to go perfectly."

"Yes ma'am."

Her office phone rang finally "yes?" Her aid picked it up "Right. She's arrived Madam."

"Excellent." Kaori grabbed her bag and they went to the car waiting for them

"Any chance of sunshine in the days?"

"Yes ma'am, Sunshine and Temperatures in the 90s expected by the end of the week."

"Good Molly can visit some of our pristine beaches if she has the time, make a note of it."

"Heavy thunderstorms tonight, flash flooding expected."

"In the city?"

"Could be miss."

"Well mobilize the Disaster Crew lets prepare for the worse."

"Yes ma'am."

"ETA 4 minutes."

"I want more details about Molly and her interests on my desk soon."

"Yes ma'am."

The car pulled into the airport and went to the private hanger.

Kaori stepped out to see the redheaded beauty before her. Kaori swung in her relationship naturally she was getting a bit flustered but she composed her self. "I'm Kaori Oda, you must be Molly Delean. I'm happy to finally meet you."

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Molly and Secret Service watched the motorcade pull up into the hanger; the suited men and women standing stoically and impassive, it was indeed a common joke that they weren’t really people but robots. Molly watched the younger Asian woman step out from the centre vehicle.

Molly smiled and gave a deep curtsy to the Asian woman, “Miss Oda” she said respectfully; “I am indeed, a pleasure to meet you finally”

Molly eyed the woman, she was rather attractive; even dressed in an overcoat. Molly seemed unaware of the womans fluster.

“I am looking forward to seeing more of your nation, can never predict the weather though can you" Molly laughed.

“I do hope it will ease off, I am told Motokata has some of Nova’s best beaches as well as other sights”
Signitory to:: CASTLE | The Amistad Declaration | Theeb I & II | Covenant | The Deliean League

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:45 pm

"Ah yes the weather is most terrible and going to be on the worse side this evening. We hope it will clear in a few days, we want you to see our beaches. Clothing is optional on some of them if you don't have a bathing suit." Kaori walked with her to the car they both got in together "I want to say, some things you might read about our nation, may not be very flattering. But important to see it from our side. I hope you will understand we have some quirky ways but we aren't a horrible place or hostile to everyone. We can be very friendly."

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:05 pm

Molly walked to the car, her aids and secret service boarding the other vehicles with their counterparts. Molly chuckled at the comment of nude beaches

“I would be very pleased to do so, I am afraid I didn't pack one, but sure I can make do with clothing optional, nudity laws are quite liberal in Animarnia”, Molly replied.

“As I am sure you will have been informed of some unflattering things about Animarnia” Molly Began; “no nation is perfect, I do not think a nation can be, regardless of Ixanian propaganda. That said, I am not here to play judge, though I do think that it is important to always try to choose to try be better than what we think we are, if we succeed or not is not important the choice to try is”

“I am certainly open to all points of view, on any such matters”, Molly said, taking her seat in the car; it was rather lavish, Molly knew little about cars so the make and model escaper her but it was certainly comfortable and had many amenities

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:13 pm

"Yes very much so. I've retained any judgments about your nation. Though I like some of your styles I must say. Oh I'd also be honored if you go to an Onsen, or hotspring with me. Those are also clothing free. Glad you will be staying a few days with us at the very least, we also have fine shopping areas in Motokata City."

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:29 pm

“Indeed. What about my country peaks your interest Miss Oda?”

Molly nodded her consent quite enthusiastically

“I would like that very much to visit an authentic Onsen” she said; “I have been to hot-Springs in Wagdog but visiting an authentic one sounds like fun, perhaps you could explain the protocols involved in such, I would hate to embarrass either myself, you or either of our nations”

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:39 pm

Animarnia wrote:“Indeed. What about my country peaks your interest Miss Oda?”

Molly nodded her consent quite enthusiastically

“I would like that very much to visit an authentic Onsen” she said; “I have been to hot-Springs in Wagdog but visiting an authentic one sounds like fun, perhaps you could explain the protocols involved in such, I would hate to embarrass either myself, you or either of our nations”

"Well your nations inner workings, culture, people. I hope to learn a lot from you. And yes customs depend on the resort that owns the Onsen. I will tell you what you need to know. If you are soiled it is best to shower before entering. As such do not towel bathe in the spring, that is a no. Splashing, loud noises not liked either. Other than that it isn't much to it, especially if I am with you. And of course Onsen resorts offer more than just the springs, also a place to stay, eat and relax. Which we can do if we have the time, I have the designated Kimonos for them, and they provide them too. My daughter and son love to play in the Rec Rooms."

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Molly nodded looking out at as they passed the Motokatan History museum taking a mental note to plan a visit to it later in her trip.

“Indeed, thank you, Motokata is well liked inside Animarnia too, particularly the south though, we also have a number of Motokatan Immigrants in our armed forces, I am told they are amongst our best soldiers”

“So shower before bathing, noted, and no splashing, are there any modesty concerns where there are parts I should cover or do I just walk out naked into the bath area?” she asked curious

“So you have children Miss Oda”, Molly said with a smile; “I would like too some day; what you’re their names, if I may ask?”

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:10 pm

"Happy to hear Motokatans can get along fine in your nation. I know a few students like to go to Animarina to study. As for modesty You are free to walk out to the bath area nude from the changing rooms. There's really no modesty concerns inside the resort though generally might not want to walk around the entire resort in the nude." She laughed "I've done it though. And yes two great kids, my daughter is named Yui, and my son is named Koji. They're really wonderful children. A handful yes, but wonderful. You'll get to meet them both I'm sure."

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Molly broke into a girlish giggle; one very rare for her, as a leader she needed to remain a stoic force of will but even she couldn’t help the laugh that came out.

”You’ve walked the resort naked? Now that I would like to see”, She said with a playful smile. “We should do it just for a laugh even”

As Kaori talked about her kids Molly listened intently; “Kids are always a handful, but I think rewarding, a very dear friend of mine just had her first not long ago and are planning for a second so the rumour mill says”

Molly reclined in her seat as the buildings of Crystal centre passed her by, she had seen satellite photos of it many times and even more from tourist information guides but nothing quite prepared her for its sheer size and majesty of it, in the proverbial flesh so to speak. Its towers of glass and steel staring down with neo eyes could make even Molly, a woman who commanded one of the most powerful nations in Nova seem insignificantly small and humble.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:37 pm

"I think we should. It would be fun. Gets looks from people like you wouldn't imagine. Lovely isn't it? This is the Crystal centre our large business district of the city. The sun really shines off these buildings hence it's name. Quite a great place to go to I say. I enjoy it. We have some of our largest business in the nation housed in those towers. Our economic center of strength. "

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 pm

“Indeed, I imagine that will get many looks” she said with a grin; “and no doubt inspire many to rise to the occasion so to speak. I imagine many would give a great deal of money for such a view”

“It is very lovely, I have seen photos before but it is quite breath taking up close, I would love to see it in the sunshine sometime, providing those above decide to give us some clear skies” Molly said.

It was actually quite interesting how easily Molly conversed with her counterpart, it was indeed nice to get out of the office too, despite the rain and the flight over. The day to day doldrums of the Presidency did get to her sometimes, nothing prepares you for the big chair; and the chair is big. Whether its chasing slavers through a mountain pass or Arabistan, or tracking arms dealers through the streets of Xerut. It took its toil, all you could do was try to eat right and enjoy the all to brief lucidity between the storms, of course it certainly did not help that some nations were just bat-shit crazy.

This however, was not one of those times, something in her bones told her, this was going to be a good trip.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:12 pm

"Yes I hope so too. I trust the forecast enough to suspect we'll have sunshine soon." The cars arrived at their destination. the Driver opened the door for both women. "Thank you." Kaori thanked she waited for Molly getting a little rained on but nothing she couldn't handle. "This is our place of business for the nation. Come on in I'll take you to my office we'll chat a little more about our nations."

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm

“You clearly have more faith in the weather forecasters than I do then Miss Oda, or better forecasters”, Molly said jovially.

Molly stepped out of the car and into the wet, the light drizzle falling down on her, making the dress she was wearing go rather transparent in the damp with the water soaking through making it rather apparent that in this particular ensemble she lacked any undergarments – a critical oversight it seemed. Giving molly a slight flush to her cheeks before one of the Secret Service hander her an umbrella and a longer coat to keep her dry.

Molly took in the building; it was the administrative capital of Motokata a grand and impressive building; “Certainly, she said; ”Lead the way, I think we have much to talk about”

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:41 pm

"Well I won't like they've been wrong before!" Kaori lead Molly down the hall to her office. Rumbles of thunder were still outside. She glanced at the clock "My children should be off school about now. I imagine they'll be taken home though. I have a nice Suite set for you at the Hotel in the Plaza Centere. Anything you need can be delivered to you, just call the desk they know. Please sit down, the sofa is very nice. Well please tell me more about Animarnia."

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:02 pm

Molly followed Kaori to her office; the heels of her flat shoes clicking against the solidly built floors. Security and the infamous ‘ball carrier’ staying a discreet distance away, as was protocol. Taking off her coat and putting on the appropriate hanger she smiled and sat down on the sofa next to Kaori hoping she wasn’t too indecent from her early dash through the showers.

“I am told you have some spectacular thunderstorms in Motokata” Molly said off hand as she heard the rumble of thunder.

“As for Animarnia, well, we are a capitalist democracy, as you are almost certainly aware, we have one of the highest industrial development index’s and people-per-square kilometre ratings in nova due to our high population, but most of our people live either on or near the coast. The more central you get in Animarnia the hotter it gets, there are a few mountain towns though villages is probably more accurate swamped in snow for most of the year. The islands off Animarnia are sub-tropical, and quite temperate again heavily populated for there climate including a small chain we call the Oni islands which are supposed to be haunted but I don’t know if I believe that myself”

“As for being more specific though; that would depend on what you wish to know, I will certainly do my best to answer your questions?”

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 pm

"Ah yes we do get some pretty good storms here. I grew up on a farm before becoming leader, I know what they can do alright. Pretty sure you'll get to see how spectacular or otherwise scary they get tonight." Kaori listened to Molly's descriptions of her country. "Very nice country it sounds like. Well you mentioned you have Motokatan immigrants, what its like for them? Do they like to form little cities, enclaves, does your nation get a lot of Motokatan Anime? What is your culture like?"

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:21 pm

Molly nodded enthusiastically;

“Very much so, particularly in the south Animarnia a long time ago was two nations Celtic in the north and Japanese settlers in the south. Around a thousand years ago they had a very large war which left both so devastated they had to ally to survive from there unification started” Molly said.

“There are bits of Celtic and Japanese culture all over Animarnia, particularly in the south though, but you can find Motokatan enclaves in every major city, the largest would be in Lilica though inside the cities old quarter. I think several Motokan based Production companies for anime have offices even in our nation Anime is quite popular, we also have a lot of Motokatan cuisine restaurants how authentic they are, I cannot say but we have them ”

“What about Animarnian’s in Motokata?”

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:28 pm

"Yes we do have small enclaves or Animarnia and we get some of your programing on Television too. I think you have a few successful branches of your home nation businesses in the Financial District of this city and some of our other cities. Let me see what else, ah yeah you were ranked best Tourist Destination in Nova in our magazines. Oh yeah I think some of your...Adult stuff is popular here. Oh you have a small auto plant here I believe and you do manage to sell quite a few cars."

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:41 pm

Molly chuckled. “That is good to know, we do our best to be welcoming for tourists and Somehow having adult material in circulation here doesn’t surprise me though I do find the ‘look-a-like’ stuff a little creepy”

Molly smiled relaxing back into the sofa and stretching her arms, her breast heaving against the dress rather forceful as she did so. Molly jumped pulling her arms back and slightly as she heard another shudder from the thunderstorm in the distance which startled her. Molly looking out the window it seemed that the rain was coming down only harder what had been a light drizzle had now turned into a damn near cloud burst far as Molly could tell, making her very glad to be indoors.

“So I suppose you have heard about this slavery thing?”

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:42 pm

"Yes slavery seems to be a problem today. We've pledge support to keep slavers out of our waters, we're doing our best to get rid of them."

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:50 pm

“Indeed, a trade that has been completely outdated for centuries by industry, it is good to have Motokatan support on this; if enough Novan nations join together we can strangle the slave trade through the region. We make them go around us or face military force”, Molly said; “We no long believe though that acting within the region is enough, that Nova cannot and should not just cut itself off from the rest of the world and pretend it does not exist”

“The weather seems to have got worse out, it’s really hammering it down out there now” Molly asked.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Kaori was still blushing red at seeing Molly nearly transparent clothes "In the interest of our safety, I think we best call this meeting early, you can get to your Hotel Suite and I'll get home. We'll see each other tomorrow when the weather is less nasty out. Sound good?" Kaori handed Molly her coat "our Car service will take you. A great first meeting glad you were able to land before the worst passed over again."

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:09 pm

Molly nodded

“Indeed. A Fine first meeting Miss Oda; I’m glad too; it would be a terrible waste to come all this way only to be unable to land here and have to go home” she said with a smile; “Hopefully the weather will improve. Are there any plans for tomorrow, just so I can advise security, likely an unnecessary measure but it is protocol”

Molly grabbed her coat from the door and placed it over her wrapping it around herself tightly as if snuggling into its warm inner lining – Dresses were cold

Turning to face Kaori, Molly noticed the flushed red cheeks of her counterpart; “Are you okay?”

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents