NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend Northern Chittowa

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
User avatar
Sedgistan
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 27332
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Commend Northern Chittowa

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:55 am

Image Commend Northern Chittowa
A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Northern Chittowa | Proposed by: Sedgistan

Description: The World Assembly,

Aware that Northern Chittowa has been a key member of the Global Right Alliance, responsibly administrating their forums, and helping to keep the region stable, secure and active, despite the combative nature of its residents,

Recognising Northern Chittowa as an important participant in the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA), an organisation dedicated to the protection and stabilisation of founderless regions across NationStates, through such actions as:
• Founding the alliance alongside Big Killer Babys and The Merlion,
• Serving as Arch Chancellor of the alliance for 3 terms, comprising a total of 9 months, in the process professionalising the organisation, as well as rescuing it from the brink of death after the failure of Falconias's term as Arch Chancellor,
• Participating in the FRA Rangers, the alliance's military, for over 4 years,

Believing that Northern Chittowa has made a significant contribution to protecting the sovereignty of founderless regions through the aforementioned actions,

Observing that Northern Chittowa established the 'Defender Awards' in 2006, an annual awards system that has now been successfully running for 5 years, and has helped to unite the defender community,

Recalling that Northern Chittowa was a leading member of Lazarus for a number of years, holding a number of governmental positions, and serving as delegate for five months until June 2008,

Applauding the nominee's actions in magnanimously putting the interests of the region above prestige, by stepping down as delegate upon realising that their presence as delegate was leading to the region being targeted by invaders,

Noting that Northern Chittowa's honourable and diplomatic behaviour is acknowledged even by invaders,

Asserting that those nations that contribute to NationStates as significantly as Northern Chittowa has, whilst maintaining the respect of their peers, should be Commended,

Hereby Commends Northern Chittowa.


As promised, the second of two commendations. Comments, suggestions & random abuse welcome.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:29 am, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Unibot II
Senator
 
Posts: 3852
Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:35 am

Sedgistan wrote:Observing that Northern Chittowa established the 'Defender Awards' in 2006, a successful annual awards system that has now been successfully running for 5 years, and has helped to unite the defender community,


Instead of two adjectives, go with one. :)

Recalling that Northern Chittowa was a leading member of Lazarus for a number of years, holding a number of governmental positions, and serving as delegate for five months until June 2008,


Can Lazarus eject? If not, that may be worth mentioning... people who go for government positions in ejectless regions are dedicated. :)

Applauding the nominee's actions in magnanimously putting the interests of the region above prestige, by stepping down as delegate upon realising that their presence as delegate was leading to the region being targeted by invaders,


Aww. :kiss:

Asserting that those nations that contribute to NationStates as significantly as Northern Chittowa has, whilst maintaining the respect of their peers, should be commended,



He seems like a really good candidate, now.. RaNDoM aBuSE... *smacks Sedge several times with a lollipop*
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Sedgistan
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 27332
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:43 am

Made the first change, will have a think about how to do the second one.

User avatar
Aglrinia
Minister
 
Posts: 2844
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aglrinia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Image
Jakker wrote:TBH is Pro-bring Life to GP

User avatar
Unibot II
Senator
 
Posts: 3852
Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:08 pm

Aglrinia wrote:


I would not commend you for such behavior, and you're spamming a mod's thread --> :palm:
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Aglrinia
Minister
 
Posts: 2844
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aglrinia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Unibot II wrote:
Aglrinia wrote:


I would not commend you for such behavior, and you're spamming a mod's thread --> :palm:


I'm sure Cinistra would commend me, and it's not meant to be seen as spam, I combined them all in one photo and a spoiler so it wouldn't seen as picspam. Anyways I'm banned from the WA, and I would rather not have my puppet nation join it. However since it has to do with the FRA i would vote no.
Jakker wrote:TBH is Pro-bring Life to GP

User avatar
Sedgistan
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 27332
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:33 pm

It is spam, because it really isn't at all relevant to this proposal. You should know better by now.

User avatar
Mahaj WA Seat
Minister
 
Posts: 2091
Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:14 pm

An animation in a WA proposal? cool.

yeah, i'm talking about the flag.

and nice proposal.
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.


Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.


User avatar
Sedgistan
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 27332
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Thanks :)

I've now submitted Commend Northern Chittowa.

User avatar
Southern Bellz
Diplomat
 
Posts: 624
Founded: Oct 04, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Southern Bellz » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:34 pm

NC is awesome.

User avatar
Daynor
Diplomat
 
Posts: 736
Founded: Dec 25, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Daynor » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:11 pm

This is a very good idea.
Young Libertarian Conservative
Political Compass: (2.63,-1.44)
Delegate of the Conservative Coalition
Ambassador Franklin Tanner
ლ(゚д゚ლ)
Daynor

User avatar
Ludkin
Secretary
 
Posts: 32
Founded: Apr 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ludkin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:20 pm

"This has the support of Guanxi's delegate, and if they try to disobey...there will be blood."

Haisuke Nashimata
WA Representative for Milograd-Sessho and Ludkin


This is In Character...heheh

User avatar
Parti Ouvrier
Minister
 
Posts: 2676
Founded: Aug 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Parti Ouvrier » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Yes, I guess government police forces protecting public schools from the threat of protest. Those naughty protesters. That's Commendable of Northern Chittowa just on its own.
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Excellent, those children should not spend time being loved to become a well rounded loving species.
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks. The ever peace promoting Northern Chittowa. :)
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products.

Need we say any-more!

Envoy CJ

Oh, and in case you were wondering....Against this proposal.
Last edited by Parti Ouvrier on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For a democratic republic of England, Scotland and Wales.
Real EU reforms: All power to the European parliament! And a democratically controlled ECB!
Level up wages and conditions, industrial unions on a European scale and for the free movement of labour
Abolish the European Council of Ministers
Abolish the EU commission and towards a Communist Party of the European Union.
Leave Nato - abolish trident

User avatar
Northern Chittowa
Envoy
 
Posts: 229
Founded: Mar 03, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Northern Chittowa » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:59 am

Shouldn't really be posting here i guess, but i just thought i would say that issues are not a part of how i play the game, they are of little interest to me and therefore they are not reflective of my actions in game.

As for those examples, I'm pretty sure you can add a lot more to that which, if i were to focus on RP and issues, would be warrant enough for a condemnation let alone anything else :P

User avatar
Frattastan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 700
Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:25 am

Parti Ouvrier wrote:Yes, I guess government police forces protecting public schools from the threat of protest. Those naughty protesters. That's Commendable of Northern Chittowa just on its own.
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Excellent, those children should not spend time being loved to become a well rounded loving species.
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks. The ever peace promoting Northern Chittowa. :)
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products.

Need we say any-more!

Envoy CJ

Oh, and in case you were wondering....Against this proposal.


NC is being commended for gameplay action and out-of-character contributions to the game.
The player is commended, not the nation.
Last edited by Frattastan on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

User avatar
Unibot II
Senator
 
Posts: 3852
Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:53 am

Parti Ouvrier wrote:Yes, I guess government police forces protecting public schools from the threat of protest. Those naughty protesters. That's Commendable of Northern Chittowa just on its own.
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Excellent, those children should not spend time being loved to become a well rounded loving species.
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks. The ever peace promoting Northern Chittowa. :)
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products.

Need we say any-more!

Envoy CJ

Oh, and in case you were wondering....Against this proposal.


If you need an IC explanation as to why those are irrelevant, perhaps those pieces of legislation aren't enforced... I mean if real countries enforced all of their legislation, the world would be hell.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Parti Ouvrier
Minister
 
Posts: 2676
Founded: Aug 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Parti Ouvrier » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Frattastan wrote:
Parti Ouvrier wrote:Yes, I guess government police forces protecting public schools from the threat of protest. Those naughty protesters. That's Commendable of Northern Chittowa just on its own.
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Excellent, those children should not spend time being loved to become a well rounded loving species.
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks. The ever peace promoting Northern Chittowa. :)
3 days 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in Northern Chittowa, corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products.

Need we say any-more!

Envoy CJ

Oh, and in case you were wondering....Against this proposal.


NC is being commended for gameplay action and out-of-character contributions to the game.
The player is commended, not the nation.


So what you're saying is, the player is being commended for role playing activities, is that what you're saying?
For a democratic republic of England, Scotland and Wales.
Real EU reforms: All power to the European parliament! And a democratically controlled ECB!
Level up wages and conditions, industrial unions on a European scale and for the free movement of labour
Abolish the European Council of Ministers
Abolish the EU commission and towards a Communist Party of the European Union.
Leave Nato - abolish trident

User avatar
Sedgistan
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 27332
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Gameplay activities, not role-play actions, or nation-management (ie issue answering) actions.

User avatar
Parti Ouvrier
Minister
 
Posts: 2676
Founded: Aug 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Parti Ouvrier » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:56 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Gameplay activities, not role-play actions, or nation-management (ie issue answering) actions.


What's the difference? Is it not the case that gameplay is a form of roleplay? I think you are splitting hairs. 8)
For a democratic republic of England, Scotland and Wales.
Real EU reforms: All power to the European parliament! And a democratically controlled ECB!
Level up wages and conditions, industrial unions on a European scale and for the free movement of labour
Abolish the European Council of Ministers
Abolish the EU commission and towards a Communist Party of the European Union.
Leave Nato - abolish trident

User avatar
Sedgistan
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 27332
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:02 pm

It's really not... roleplay is stuff you make up about your nation, and is usually done on forums (this one or off-sites). Gameplay is what you actually do with your nation within the game - so invading/defending, and stuff like building up & running a region.

User avatar
Parti Ouvrier
Minister
 
Posts: 2676
Founded: Aug 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Parti Ouvrier » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:07 pm

Sedgistan wrote:It's really not... roleplay is stuff you make up about your nation, and is usually done on forums (this one or off-sites). Gameplay is what you actually do with your nation within the game - so invading/defending, and stuff like building up & running a region.


But the fact is, it is all pretend and not real. I think gameplay is another form of role play, although I guess you could argue they are different, but the difference between gameplay and role-play is very nuanced.
For a democratic republic of England, Scotland and Wales.
Real EU reforms: All power to the European parliament! And a democratically controlled ECB!
Level up wages and conditions, industrial unions on a European scale and for the free movement of labour
Abolish the European Council of Ministers
Abolish the EU commission and towards a Communist Party of the European Union.
Leave Nato - abolish trident

User avatar
Frattastan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 700
Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Parti Ouvrier wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:It's really not... roleplay is stuff you make up about your nation, and is usually done on forums (this one or off-sites). Gameplay is what you actually do with your nation within the game - so invading/defending, and stuff like building up & running a region.


But the fact is, it is all pretend and not real. I think gameplay is another form of role play, although I guess you could argue they are different, but the difference between gameplay and role-play is very nuanced.


Nah. A Delegate is not just a powerless RPed head of state, but has actual power and can force other nations to do something (move out of the region ---> eject and ban). And invasions have a physical impact on the game : a region can even be destroyed (and its data physically deleted from the server) after an invasion.
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

User avatar
Sedgistan
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 27332
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Parti Ouvrier wrote:But the fact is, it is all pretend and not real. I think gameplay is another form of role play, although I guess you could argue they are different, but the difference between gameplay and role-play is very nuanced.

It's not, and any gameplayer or roleplayer will tell you that. Gameplay actually affect what happens to your nation (whether it be your stats, the region you're in, or whether you're a delegate or not), so is 'real', whereas no matter what you RP, it doesn't actually change your in-game nation.

Anyhow, back to what you were saying about the proposal - this one commends NC for his international/interregional gameplay activities (ie interaction between nations/region), rather than his nation management (the way he answers his issues). If you're looking only to commend people who are perfect across all areas (gameplay, nation management, RP, WA...) you're going to find the list of candidates is non-existent. It's why commendations (and condemnations) tend to focus on one or two areas of a player's activities in NS.

User avatar
Parti Ouvrier
Minister
 
Posts: 2676
Founded: Aug 19, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Parti Ouvrier » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:19 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
Parti Ouvrier wrote:But the fact is, it is all pretend and not real. I think gameplay is another form of role play, although I guess you could argue they are different, but the difference between gameplay and role-play is very nuanced.

It's not, and any gameplayer or roleplayer will tell you that. Gameplay actually affect what happens to your nation (whether it be your stats, the region you're in, or whether you're a delegate or not), so is 'real', whereas no matter what you RP, it doesn't actually change your in-game nation.

Anyhow, back to what you were saying about the proposal - this one commends NC for his international/interregional gameplay activities (ie interaction between nations/region), rather than his nation management (the way he answers his issues). If you're looking only to commend people who are perfect across all areas (gameplay, nation management, RP, WA...) you're going to find the list of candidates is non-existent. It's why commendations (and condemnations) tend to focus on one or two areas of a player's activities in NS.


Well, yes we can question how 'real' is 'real' and the story of the butterfly by Zhuangzi and other philosophical musings, but I just do not see this commendation as deserved, I see nothing remarkable here. Besides which, a whole load of players are active in 'defending' or holding government positions and have been for a long time, this is nothing new.
Last edited by Parti Ouvrier on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
For a democratic republic of England, Scotland and Wales.
Real EU reforms: All power to the European parliament! And a democratically controlled ECB!
Level up wages and conditions, industrial unions on a European scale and for the free movement of labour
Abolish the European Council of Ministers
Abolish the EU commission and towards a Communist Party of the European Union.
Leave Nato - abolish trident

User avatar
Rozonia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 20
Founded: Mar 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Rozonia » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:52 pm

I see no problem commending NC for his international contributions to NS (his gameplay & OOC actions), even if his internal affairs (issues) aren't too good.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads