NATION

PASSWORD

Cycuiian Drawings, Thoughts & Tips Appreciated, 42 Drawings

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Cycuiian Drawings, Thoughts & Tips Appreciated, 42 Drawings

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:42 pm

As I draw more, I post em up. By "tips" I don't mean sucking up, I mean criticism, tips on how to draw better, etc.
Also, I really do need drawing tips. main issues I have are shading, foreshortening, perspective, drawing from certain sides, etc.

Anything that says "old" was from my older "Helghast Empire" account, I just put it in since I liked it. Stuff that says "late" was probably not too long ago, but I forgot to date them. Those without a date or a late/old title were probably old; I can't date them anew because the new picture dimensions thing won't allow me to make any changes.

Currently working on:

Redrawing old stuff for the heck of it.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Boredom Drawing Section
2. Technical Drawing/Concept Art Section
3. Anime-esque Section
4. Unfinished Stuff Section
5. Landscape/Scenery Section

For a rough estimate for how old these drawings are, the oldest drawings date no older than the middle of 2011.
Last edited by Cyprum Xecuii on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 87 times in total.

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Anime-esque section (Well, it's not really anime...at all.)

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:06 am

Pose wasn't mine; I used a pic on the internet as reference, drew it on the I-Pad, and changed it a bit to resemble what I suppose Nomu would look like. Hopefully it won't be long til I''ll be able to create my own poses.

Same poop as above, the pose and character aren't mine. I used the character Furano from Noucome to practice on the I-Pad app.
Last edited by Cyprum Xecuii on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Unfinished Stuff

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:07 am

Last edited by Cyprum Xecuii on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Landscape / Scenery Section

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:08 am

Last edited by Cyprum Xecuii on Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Lochinver
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lochinver » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:10 am

I especially like the injured schoolgirl.

Bodarkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bodarkia » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:11 am

All I have to say about your first picture is This.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 am

I love the landscape pictures.
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:46 am

I like it, you've got a lot of talent! Not to mention potential! I'm sure with a little extra practice, and if you really put yourself to it, we could be looking at the author of the new biggest online comic series! :D Or you could just stick to drawings, and even those could become huge!

The DT-20 Tank picture I found especially cool. :lol:
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Zenjiled
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zenjiled » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:28 am

You've actually got a decent bit of technical skill, when it comes to drawing objects like vehicles and such! However, you're right about your issues with perspective - most of your extreme-angle pictures tend to feel a bit wonky. I would suggest just doing some perspective studies to fix that - cubes and pyramids and such on a grid, or attempt to reproduce a picture with a perspective you'd like to get better at. There are some books out there that can help with exercises and such that you might want to look into, though I don't really know much to say which one would be best, as I'm atrocious at actually working through books myself.

I have to say this though, because I really wish someone had told me this when I first started drawing: you need to do studies. Your people are all very stylized and anime-esque but it's pretty clear from looking at them that you aren't making a stylistic choice, you're using the abstraction as a crutch to shore up a lack of proper anatomical knowledge. Don't worry about developing your own style or imitating other styles until you've got a decent foundation of basic skills and knowledge, and from there your style will emerge in your work on its own. Do studies - from life, if you can, from pictures if you don't have the time or the availability of models. Look up Andrew Loomis's books and work through them if you work well with books. But in order to improve as an artist, you have to be willing to do more than just personal work.

You have an eye for detail that's easy to see just from your recreations and variations on infantry equipment and uniforms, and that's more than a lot of artists can say before they've really started studying. This is actually really good! Up until I started doing studies, my character designs and outfits tended to be very simple, and even now I could stand to get a lot more ambitious with what I do. You've proven you have the eye to do complex work like that, but fundamentals are absolutely essential. Once you can draw an anatomically accurate human face, it's okay to stylize and go the anime route, but you have to have the foundation first. This is something no one really told me when I started and it's resulted in a lot of bad habits I have to this day.
Actual nation name is Ṡenjilēt (pronounced Zenyileet). My in-game nation name is a combination of typo and NS not allowing special characters.

Imperial Diplomatic Programme

A puppet of Morning Glory.

The Federal Republic of Ducharme
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Republic of Ducharme » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:46 pm

While the above makes total sense, I agree with him/her actually, it fails to consider that this may be your style. You have potential, that is for sure, and it may not hurt to read into what you obviously enjoy doing, ultimately what makes it enjoyable also makes it unique. So, from one artist to another, good luck! I look forward to seeing your work again some day!
Ministère des Affaires
ALERTS/TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
    The Ministry continues to discourage travel outside the Empire due to insurgent attacks and possibility of resuming hostilities with Russian Empire despite conferences.
    --BREAK--
    Citizens are strongly cautioned against travel to destinations within the Far East Zone due to contamination/active military conflict.
    --BREAK--
    Those traveling to Northeastern areas of the Former European Federation are advised to stay secure during nights, and to have at least limited Nuclear/Biological/Chemical protective gear (face masks, government supplied charcoal jackets, etc.)

Nazi Flower Power
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 24, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nazi Flower Power » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Not bad, but it seems like you have a bit of trouble with the hips when you are drawing human figures. Even when you are drawing clothed figures, it helps if you can visualize where the body would be under the clothes, baggage, etc. Sometimes it's helpful to lightly sketch the outlines of the body to make sure you have everything in the right place, and then after you draw the clothes over it you can erase any lines that you don't need.
The Serene and Glorious Reich of Nazi Flower Power has existed for longer than Nazi Germany! Thank you to all the brave men and women of the Allied forces who made this possible!

Mavoria (Ancient)
Secretary

Founded: Jul 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavoria (Ancient) » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:19 pm

Lochinver wrote:I especially like the injured schoolgirl.

Sicko. :P

These are acceptably well-made. Kudos.

Grand Britannia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 15, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Grand Britannia » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:21 pm

Lochinver wrote:I especially like the injured schoolgirl.

;-;
ଘ( ˘ ᵕ˘)つ----x .*・。゚・ᵕ

Helghast empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Helghast empire » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Hello new me!

Pasovo-nacoBo
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pasovo-nacoBo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:40 pm

Lol, I know this one is old, but it was a sig link.

Haha, having alttile to much fun learning about China?
hehe.

Pasovo-nacoBo
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pasovo-nacoBo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Some fancy soldiers you got there!
hehe

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:45 am

Cyp... your drawings...

I'm touched. *sniff*
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Welgium
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Welgium » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Awesome stuff. I might want to make some 3D models of some of them. Perhaps I could possibly buy these models from you as well?
My other nations are:

The Democratic republic of Davida, Stahn, Aglinean and Impovria.

Just so you know.

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:23 pm

Welgium wrote:Awesome stuff. I might want to make some 3D models of some of them. Perhaps I could possibly buy these models from you as well?

Oh really?! That'd be awesome! Note that most of my vehicles drawings were made when I had a poop grasp of depth and whatnot, so try to make due of what can only be seen in the designs.

@Buying: What do you mean? Most of them are just drawings I made for fun. The only Vapor designs would be the soldier drawings and the Shi-ko tank.

Welgium
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Welgium » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Cyprum Xecuii wrote:
Welgium wrote:Awesome stuff. I might want to make some 3D models of some of them. Perhaps I could possibly buy these models from you as well?

Oh really?! That'd be awesome! Note that most of my vehicles drawings were made when I had a poop grasp of depth and whatnot, so try to make due of what can only be seen in the designs.

@Buying: What do you mean? Most of them are just drawings I made for fun. The only Vapor designs would be the soldier drawings and the Shi-ko tank.

Role play buying. As in I could use some of your awesome stuff for myself. :)

I see you also like tanks. That is a bit of a pity because I like designing armored fighting vehicles myself so my tiny little nation will probably not be short on designs.

But I see you also like to design weapons and uniforms and that is probably what Welgii will be in great need of.

Ships and aircraft is also in great need. You don't happen to have done some of those as well? :3

Anyway, tell me what vehicle of yours you would like me to do and I will go and do it. Provided I can use them for my nation as well. (And IC I would have bought them of you)
My other nations are:

The Democratic republic of Davida, Stahn, Aglinean and Impovria.

Just so you know.

Cyprum Xecuii
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyprum Xecuii » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:52 pm

Welgium wrote:
Cyprum Xecuii wrote:

Role play buying. As in I could use some of your awesome stuff for myself. :)

I see you also like tanks. That is a bit of a pity because I like designing armored fighting vehicles myself so my tiny little nation will probably not be short on designs.

But I see you also like to design weapons and uniforms and that is probably what Welgii will be in great need of.

Ships and aircraft is also in great need. You don't happen to have done some of those as well? :3

Anyway, tell me what vehicle of yours you would like me to do and I will go and do it. Provided I can use them for my nation as well. (And IC I would have bought them of you)

Alright then, well work this out on the OOC since this thread isn't supposed to be the place for that lol. I'll think about what should be done.
Last edited by Cyprum Xecuii on Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction