NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:40 am

Corrian wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:
You mean you aren't devoting most of your time to this RP?
:blink:
Traitor!

Yep! I actually did productive things with my life for a few days!

Then blew it all out of the water with 9 to 10 hours of straight god damn gaming. I even freaking forgot to eat dinner!

Productive things? What are those? I don't think I've done anything productive since December.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:01 am

Going to be without internet for the next six days or so. Maybe less, but probably not.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:12 am

Let's get this simulation done so we can troll Cami by finishing the mission before they return!

Um, I mean, we'll miss you!
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:18 am

Nakarisaune wrote:
Corrian wrote:Yep! I actually did productive things with my life for a few days!

Then blew it all out of the water with 9 to 10 hours of straight god damn gaming. I even freaking forgot to eat dinner!

Productive things? What are those? I don't think I've done anything productive since December.

I'm not sure on me. I haven't done anything massively productive. 2012 was supposed to be the year of "Change" for me (this sounds like some political ad), but it hasn't really. I still do what I used to, which is not much of anything. Back in August last year, my sister and I started an RP site (and were already a part of one as well), then joined NationStates RP's too, and now these RP's have pretty much ruined my life, again, like I did with an online game. I don't regret doing it though. I kind of just had a bad start to 2012, so I had a hard time changing anything. I really do need to get my act together though.

Camicon wrote:Going to be without internet for the next six days or so. Maybe less, but probably not.

six days? SIX DAYS?! MY LIFE WOULD BE OVER WITHOUT INTERNET FOR 6 DAYS!

Okay, not really, but I probably would sadly find it too difficult not to have internet for 6 days, since I use it every god damn day.

And the simulation is still going? Crap, I hope my slowness isn't still tying it up then.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:53 am

Nakarisaune wrote:Let's get this simulation done so we can troll Cami by finishing the mission before they return!

If you guys can finish the actual mission in six days, I won't even be mad I missed it. I reckon that by the time I'm back, you'll have just reached Kildare, and I'll have one, maybe two pages to catch up on. :p

Corrian wrote:
Camicon wrote:Going to be without internet for the next six days or so. Maybe less, but probably not.

six days? SIX DAYS?! MY LIFE WOULD BE OVER WITHOUT INTERNET FOR 6 DAYS!

Okay, not really, but I probably would sadly find it too difficult not to have internet for 6 days, since I use it every god damn day.

It's OK. I'll make up for it by stalking deer, and fighting cougars with my bear hands. Yes, my bear hands. I only wrestle cougars after I've punched a bear to death, and made gloves out of his paws.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 am

Camicon wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:Let's get this simulation done so we can troll Cami by finishing the mission before they return!

If you guys can finish the actual mission in six days, I won't even be mad I missed it. I reckon that by the time I'm back, you'll have just reached Kildare, and I'll have one, maybe two pages to catch up on. :p

Corrian wrote:six days? SIX DAYS?! MY LIFE WOULD BE OVER WITHOUT INTERNET FOR 6 DAYS!

It's OK. I'll make up for it by stalking deer, and fighting cougars with my bear hands. Yes, my bear hands. I only wrestle cougars after I've punched a bear to death, and made gloves out of his paws.

..you have super strength in real life, I see. :bow:

And if we're in Kildare by the time you get back, then something's gone wrong with the posting speed here :P

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:
Camicon wrote:If you guys can finish the actual mission in six days, I won't even be mad I missed it. I reckon that by the time I'm back, you'll have just reached Kildare, and I'll have one, maybe two pages to catch up on. :p

Nope. I'm just Canadian. This is what we do for fun up north. :p
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Camicon wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:

I guess this is among the instances of saying "a boat" or "a boot" instead of "about", occasionally changing out the "s" sound with "z", being indecisive as to whether to use American English or British English (read: Tire Centre), and being impossible to tell apart from Americans beyond whether they use "eh" or "know what I mean".
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Xeng He
Minister

Founded: Nov 14, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Name: Vika Arturovich
Nationality: Russian
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 110 lb
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Costume (if any): None, though she wears a pair of glasses that prevent her vulnerability to sensory overload from affecting her.
Abilities: Superhuman intellect (jack-of-all-trades type, not Iron man type), superhuman sensory perception (lets her do things like see X-rays and the like, smell mood or skin rafts, read by feeling ink...like what daredevil does, but including sight, however, makes her vulnerable to things like loud noises, bright lights, etc, although she's designed technology to mitigate this)
Alignment: Hero, sort of--she's a little too concerned about the greater good as opposed to the immediate good.
Brief Bio: She was actually the child of another Russian superhero who'd spoken out against the government quite often, and when she hit her teens was hunted down by said government. She spent part of her childhood just running with him--she actually began to improve upon his ideas, even--but eventually, her father was killed-by Russians, not by vampires as would speak volumes of praise of the Russian government. Shortly after that, she met up with one of the school's associates, and the rest is in the present.
Last edited by Xeng He on Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:12 pm

Just a note from somebody not the O.P., the "alignment" section is just the dorm assignment chosen by the legal guardians or even student herself should she not have parents.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Xeng He
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Just a note from somebody not the O.P., the "alignment" section is just the dorm assignment chosen by the legal guardians or even student herself should she not have parents.

It was included, though. She'd definitely pick hero... :)
Blazedtown wrote:[an ism is] A term used by people who won't admit their true beliefs, or don't have any.
[spoiler=Quotes]
Galloism: ...social media is basically cancer. I’d like to reiterate that social media is bringing the downfall of society in a lot of ways.
I'm Not Telling You It's Going to Be Easy, I'm Telling You It's Going to be Worth It.
Oh my god this comic

Sigvardia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sigvardia » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:57 pm

Name: Asgeir Esseheim
Nationality: Norwegian
Height: 162 cm
Weight: 45 kg
Hair: Long and blond.
Eyes: Pale purple.
Costume (if any): N/A.
Abilities: Has the ability to detect lifeforms, radiation and electrical activity in a large radius around himself, including the rough direction and distance of the phenomenon relative to himself.
He also has technokinesis, he can manipulate complex manmade (or alienmade, I hope you get the idea) objects like computers and cars. Essentialy he can directly interface with and remotely control machines.
Alignment: Hero
Brief Bio: Asgeir was born to middle-class parents in Akershus fylke in Norway. Despite suffering from congenital amaurosis he had a quite pleasant childhood. When his abilities were discovered he was sent to the superhero school.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:05 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Camicon wrote:

I guess this is among the instances of saying "a boat" or "a boot" instead of "about", occasionally changing out the "s" sound with "z", being indecisive as to whether to use American English or British English (read: Tire Centre), and being impossible to tell apart from Americans beyond whether they use "eh" or "know what I mean".

It's primarily Newfies (Newfoundland and Labrador'ers, also called Newfoundlanders) that say "aboot" (the only people that say "aboot" live on the East Coast). To my knowledge, nobody says "aboat" instead of "about".

We don't have a store called Tire Centre. We do have a store called Canadian Tire though. The logo is a very large "Yield" sign, with a maple leaf in the centre.

I can't think of any instances where was replace an 's' with a 'z', though we do pronounce 'z' as "zed" and not "zee".

And there is one very easy way to tell us apart from American's of the United States: ask us what we drive to work. Any answer other than "a polar bear" means the person is not Canadian.

This Has Been Another Fantastic Episode Of CANADA FACTS: MAKING LEARNING ABOOT CANADA FUN, EH!tm With Your Wonderful Host, Camicon.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:47 pm

Camicon wrote:

It's primarily Newfies (Newfoundland and Labrador'ers, also called Newfoundlanders) that say "aboot" (the only people that say "aboot" live on the East Coast). To my knowledge, nobody says "aboat" instead of "about".

We don't have a store called Tire Centre. We do have a store called Canadian Tire though. The logo is a very large "Yield" sign, with a maple leaf in the centre.

I can't think of any instances where was replace an 's' with a 'z', though we do pronounce 'z' as "zed" and not "zee".

And there is one very easy way to tell us apart from American's of the United States: ask us what we drive to work. Any answer other than "a polar bear" means the person is not Canadian.

This Has Been Another Fantastic Episode Of CANADA FACTS: MAKING LEARNING ABOOT CANADA FUN, EH!tm With Your Wonderful Host, Camicon.

Note to self: First, make a sarcasm sign. Second, ponder making a hyperbole sign. Third, do not flanderize one person as equaling all of Canada (the in-joke is hard to notice when your in-joke has never been brought to the forums before). Fourth, do not compromise your "CA" status in "AFGNCAAP" by specifying your nationality. Fifth, stop writing notes and actually make the sarcasm sign.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Camicon wrote:It's primarily Newfies (Newfoundland and Labrador'ers, also called Newfoundlanders) that say "aboot" (the only people that say "aboot" live on the East Coast). To my knowledge, nobody says "aboat" instead of "about".

Note to self: First, make a sarcasm sign. Second, ponder making a hyperbole sign. Third, do not flanderize one person as equaling all of Canada (the in-joke is hard to notice when your in-joke has never been brought to the forums before). Fourth, do not compromise your "CA" status in "AFGNCAAP" by specifying your nationality. Fifth, stop writing notes and actually make the sarcasm sign.

AP, I think it's pretty obvious what country you come from.

Also, I think you need to get your Humor Metertm re-calibrated, because mine was going off the charts when I typed that post up.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Note to self, do not press "Submit" instead of "Save Draft".
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:35 pm

If the criteria for being thought to be Canadian includes usage of "eh" and "know what I mean", I'm half there!

And yay, new people!
But no new IC posts. I am very disappoint.
Last edited by Nakarisaune on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:35 am

Xeng He: Accepted.

Sigvardia: Accepted. Keep in mind that all the important stuff on the station is shielded from powers though.

Xeng He
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Xeng He » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:12 am

So where'll I be starting out? In the simulation room, or...?
[spoiler=Quotes]
Oh my god this comic

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:21 am

Xeng He wrote:So where'll I be starting out? In the simulation room, or...?

Ack, I need to relearn reading.
Don't think it particularly matters now.
Last edited by Nakarisaune on Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:50 pm

What time is it ICly?
And when can we haz timeskip? And I know I'm impatient, but I've been waiting a long time.

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:What time is it ICly?
And when can we haz timeskip? And I know I'm impatient, but I've been waiting a long time.

I'd say it's around 17:00. Timeskips will be had soon, probably tomorrow IRL.
Last edited by Mighty Asgard on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Grrr. Had a bollocking from Scott to the mission team all set up but it's not really workable after MA's character's told them all "good job team" :P
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Ularn wrote:Grrr. Had a bollocking from Scott to the mission team all set up but it's not really workable after MA's character's told them all "good job team" :P

Wait til MA's character is out of earshot, then unleash the disappointment :P

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:23 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:
Ularn wrote:Grrr. Had a bollocking from Scott to the mission team all set up but it's not really workable after MA's character's told them all "good job team" :P

Wait til MA's character is out of earshot, then unleash the disappointment :P

There's also a problem with AP having Makato rushed to the infirmary; Scott wouldn't be doing his rant while two of the main targets of his ire were passing out or whatever :P
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse