NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Corrian wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:
My question would be what parent would file their child as a "villain" unless they have given up all hope on them? It is generally rare for somebody to say, "You know what, I think my teen would grow up to be a great psychopath/femme fatale?"

I bet Cassie's parents would classify her as a Villain, despite the fact she wasn't a Villain, just because her parents, or at least her dad, are probably considered Villains themselves. They'd probably just do that because it's what they WANT their daughter to be, or just because her father would likely love to get rid of her and despise her by making her a Villain, or some crap. I made her father become pretty messed up, for multiple reasons I still haven't really revealed. Just....he's probably one of the harshest parents I've gave any of my characters, if not the harshest.

On second thought, you answered my question. I should get to making a few edits since Joaquin mentioned psychological testing determining who joins what.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Hladgos
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hladgos » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Hladgos wrote:Name: Yetedago Asimov Cruschev
Nationality: Canadian
Height: 4'9'
Weight: 93 LBS
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Greenish, though they are usually blue
Costume (if any): Nope.
Abilities: Ultra super smart, nanotelekinesis (moves molecules around to turn them into different elements and stuff, though he can also barely mimic many other powers with mental constructs and has normal telekinesis and telepathy. Note: He can hardly control his abilities at the moment, due to him barely using them, and the fact that they just appeared three months ago)
Alignment: Not decided yet
Brief Bio: (Born just a year before the attack on earth by the vampires, Yetedago was forced to live in a world deprived of culture and education. He lived from day to day being protected by his family, and most of all, his sister. After several years of the war, he turned up to be the only survivor of his entire line of family, and during those dark years, he taught himself math and science, as well as other education. When his powers first emerged, he kept them completely hidden, until he realised that he could harm, or even kill people with them. He immediately suggested to the home he lived in to be transported to the Super Hero High, so that he wouldent be able to hurt anyone he knew.)

The vampire war only lasted for about six months, and happened the previous year in the roleplay. Other than that, the powers are too much. If you only go with the first two I'd allow it.

I'll agree to that.
Divair wrote:Hladcore.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:You're a nut. I like that.
Pro: being outside, conserving our Earth, the pursuit of happiness, universal acceptance
Anti: ignorance and intolerance
Life is suffering. Suffering is caused by craving and aversion. Suffering can be overcome and happiness can be attained. Live a moral life.

"Life would be tragic if it weren't funny." -Stephen Hawking

"The purpose of our life is to be happy." -Dali Lama

"If I had no sense of humor, I would have long ago committed suicide." -Gandhi

"Don't worry, be happy!" -Bobby McFerrin

Silly Pride

"No." -Dya

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:47 am

I hereby relinquish control of Earl. I can't keep up, so I'm gonna have to drop out.
A young merc terminally ill with cancer, I signed on for a government "human weapon" program: Weapon X. They got rid of the cancer like they promised...sorta...by melding an advanced healing factor to it. The gruesome experiments left me physically and mentally scarred, so they put me in a mental ward where the guards held a dead pool. I escaped and rose to infamy, partly a hero.

For falling in love with a physical avatar of Death, I was cursed with life. I pissed off a divine power so that I could be with her again, but it failed. After I got struck down by some powerful lighting, I came back to life...as a breathing corpse. Fuck.
Niece: Hetalia Dakota
Chaotic neutral til I'm gone for good!

I wrote:Bitch, please!

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:54 pm

I'll post later. I'm having a hard time waking up today, so getting the brain power to post is being difficult.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Won't be posting for the simulation. I've missed enough of it that for either character to come in now would be strange. And I'm having trouble posting anything more than around 3 lines.
I'll be back for the mission, though.
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi, I had some days offline due to intensive study and family problems, so sorry for my absence. Is there anyway I can still go on here?
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Firstaria wrote:Hi, I had some days offline due to intensive study and family problems, so sorry for my absence. Is there anyway I can still go on here?

There's a mission coming up soon, and teachers are allowed to go.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:22 pm

After I do a few more things, I will actually start posting unlike I did yesterday. Got distracted with stuff, and gave myself the creeps before bed.
My Last.FM and RYM

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:05 pm

Corrian wrote:... gave myself the creeps before bed.

Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Firstaria wrote:Hi, I had some days offline due to intensive study and family problems, so sorry for my absence. Is there anyway I can still go on here?

There's a mission coming up soon, and teachers are allowed to go.

A way to connect to the plot?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Camicon wrote:
Corrian wrote:... gave myself the creeps before bed.

That actually doesn't really creep me out very much.

How I was trying to give myself the creeps is watching this movie right before going to bed. It's not the greatest movie to watch before bed. Luckily I never seem to have nightmares . I did have a dream about it though....
My Last.FM and RYM

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:50 pm

Well, here's my first attempt:
Name: Burton "Bert" Malik
Nationality: American
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 240 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Brown
Identification Image
Costume (if any):personal combat uniform and gear
Abilities:
- Peak potential human physical, sensory, durability, and mental processing abilities (not outright superhuman but superior to any "normal" human)
- Expert unarmed close armed and ranged combatant
- Skilled in fieldcraft, asymmetric warfare, and survival techniques.
- Master small group leader, expert tactician, excellent threat vs asset assessment evaluator.
- Atmospheric and orbital pilot
Subject: Force Application, Astronomy 101 and 201.
Brief Bio: A veteran of multiple wars, Burton Malik displayed extraordinary mental and physical traits even at the age of 3 years old. His physical and mental gifts enabled Burton to win several prestigious schollarships and acceptance at a top university. Burton's initial charted course was to join the ROTC, receive his degree, then train to become a fighter pilot with the eventual goal of becoming an astronaut, but after a day observing and interviewing with members of the elite US Air Force Pararescue he resolved to become a "PJ" after graduation.
After graduation and training Burton was deployed multiple times within the span of a few years, and from early deployments his physical gifts were only surpassed by his mental ability and leadership and evaluation qualities which resulted in a quick rise through the ranks. Eventually he earned the opportunity to train as a fighter pilot and was eventually rated and cleared to fly F-15E Strike Eagles, although he maintained his position as a Pararescue commanding officer.

Eventually he realized his goal in late 2011 when NASA accepted his third application to the space flight program. However his dream was not to be realized. Before he could ever go into space the Vampire War broke out in 2012, and his unique gifts meant he was hand-selected to be part of a squad of super-soldiers from around the world that were hand-picked to fight the enemy in the most dangerous and difficult situations. Out of a team of seven, Burton is one of two survivors, and the only one that has some semblance of function left.

While physically Burton didn't receive any crippling wounds, the mental toll from losing so many of his comrades wore deep abrasions in his psyche. It was determined that Burton could use a break and a different challenge of a sort, and after prompting from surviving former teammates and commanding officer he accepted a teaching position aboard a space station for rather exceptional young men and women.
Last edited by Northern Dominus on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:29 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:*snip*
Cassie will maintain a different vantage point in a direction away from both of our attacks where she can monitor enemy positions. Tyler, Tara, and Antonio will take up position near the door that leads to the back-rooms of the bar and Caitlin will have position on the opposite side of that wall.
*snip*

AP, this directly conflicts with what Tara said.
Tara said that she, Cassie, Caitlin, and Tyler, are going around back. She asked everyone else to start planning, and for Bramwell to inform them of what the plan was in nine minutes.
I'm just trying to confirm if you misunderstood what I posted, or are simply RPing Bramwell in that manner.

Also, how will Makoto direct a flow of hydrogen gas through the pub? And what would the point be?
Last edited by Camicon on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:49 pm

Camicon wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:*snip*
Cassie will maintain a different vantage point in a direction away from both of our attacks where she can monitor enemy positions. Tyler, Tara, and Antonio will take up position near the door that leads to the back-rooms of the bar and Caitlin will have position on the opposite side of that wall.
*snip*

AP, this directly conflicts with what Tara said.
Tara said that she, Cassie, Caitlin, and Tyler, are going around back. She asked everyone else to start planning, and for Bramwell to inform them of what the plan was in nine minutes.
I'm just trying to confirm if you misunderstood what I posted, or are simply RPing Bramwell in that manner.

Also, how will Makoto direct a flow of hydrogen gas through the pub? And what would the point be?

I can not explain how telekinesis works since it ultimately does not exist outside of settings where it can be programmed. The other one is easy. Hydrogen is flammable. Electric rounds (at least the only ones currently in existence, which are XREP shells meant for shotguns and not pistol-sized rounds) do not get together with hydrogen without unleashing my inner pyromania present in all non-pyrophobic humans.

That was a mistake of mine about the people. The problem is that it sounds like something Bramwell could very well do. He could very well have a "I am doing what is tactically feasible whether it makes sense or not to you because lives depend on it," ideal of things, even if it would define him in a "Good is not Nice" way. Let me make a few edits and respond to that one.

Also, done and done.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:26 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Camicon wrote:AP, this directly conflicts with what Tara said.

I can not explain how telekinesis works since it ultimately does not exist outside of settings where it can be programmed. The other one is easy. Hydrogen is flammable. Electric rounds (at least the only ones currently in existence, which are XREP shells meant for shotguns and not pistol-sized rounds) do not get together with hydrogen without unleashing my inner pyromania present in all non-pyrophobic humans.

That was a mistake of mine about the people. The problem is that it sounds like something Bramwell could very well do. He could very well have a "I am doing what is tactically feasible whether it makes sense or not to you because lives depend on it," ideal of things, even if it would define him in a "Good is not Nice" way. Let me make a few edits and respond to that one.

Also, done and done.

It seems to me that filling a pub, containing alcohol, with hydrogen, and then lighting said hydrogen on fire, when there are people inside that need to be taken alive (plus people from their own team), is a Bad Ideatm

Also, Bramwell is doing a really good job at pissing off Tara (whether he means to or not). :p
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:03 am

Northern Dominus: accepted.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:34 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:Northern Dominus: accepted.
Alright cool...so how do we introduce the new teacher lol.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:37 am

Northern Dominus wrote: Alright cool...so how do we introduce the new teacher lol.

He could arrive by shuttle to the station, being late to arrive for whatever reason, or you could just say that he's been there all along.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:41 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote: Alright cool...so how do we introduce the new teacher lol.

He could arrive by shuttle to the station, being late to arrive for whatever reason, or you could just say that he's been there all along.
So it's basically up to me, got it.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:44 am

What is going on right now?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:50 am

Firstaria wrote:What is going on right now?

The students are involved in a simulation in preparation for the mission.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:51 am

Oh, so no action for teachers yet. Good.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:18 am

Are there enough students to support two different scenes right now IE one simulator class an a concurrent Astronomy 101 class? Or should my character try and join in the sim class or hang out in the teachers lounge?

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:20 am

Northern Dominus wrote:Are there enough students to support two different scenes right now IE one simulator class an a concurrent Astronomy 101 class? Or should my character try and join in the sim class or hang out in the teachers lounge?

I think all the students are in the simulation. He could look for Ularn's character to discuss the mission, since he has a lot of military experience.

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:23 am

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Northern Dominus wrote:Are there enough students to support two different scenes right now IE one simulator class an a concurrent Astronomy 101 class? Or should my character try and join in the sim class or hang out in the teachers lounge?

I think all the students are in the simulation. He could look for Ularn's character to discuss the mission, since he has a lot of military experience.
ooor could he show up in the sim control center and observe? One would assume since one of his classes involves putting students through simulated crisis events then evaluating how and why they did things he might want to see the progress.
Last edited by Northern Dominus on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse