NATION

PASSWORD

[Info] F7+ | Book of the Multiverse

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

[Info] F7+ | Book of the Multiverse

Postby Sentinel XV » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Information on P2TM Roleplays and your P2TM Information Headquarters

Glossary: [NOTE] Serving as a placeholder now.

Featured Roleplay of the Week: For the week ending on 6/16/2012
None as of yet. Link to Roleplay, and Roleplay Creator will go here.
Description of Roleplay will go here.

Changelog:
6/13/2012 Established Changelog
6/13/2012 Added Graphic
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:40 am, edited 18 times in total.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:41 pm

Introduction to P2TM RP
Author Credit: Sentinel XV, Euroslavia | Some Sections Taken From: Welcome to Portal to the Multiverse

The Creation of P2TM
After some discussion in the background between moderators, Max, and [violet], there was a decision to create a new RP forum for ones that were being placed into Forum 7. The amount of RP's there was severely underestimated and has grown into what we believe to be a community that deserves it's own forum. And so, lo' and behold, we were granted Portal to the Multiverse. The name itself was suggested by Reploid Productions, the creator of the original Forum 7. This is our new home.

P2TM Overview
Every RP thread that doesn't involve your own NS nation belongs here. As with the other forums, the same etiquette and rules apply here. Moderators themselves do not get involved in policing roleplay. Thread ownership applies here. If there's someone you don't want to be involved in your RP, you may ask them to leave or ask the mods to remove their posts if they refuse your initial attempt to tell them to stop. One of the main reasons for the split from F7 is that P2TM does not have an auto-prune, meaning that your roleplays are safe from being deleted due to inactivity.

P2TM, A World of Opportunities
Or: What To Do In P2TM?
The sky is truly the limit for P2TM. Roleplay has many facets, and with literally no restrictions placed upon content (other than subjects which might violate the Rules) the possibilities are bounded only by your own imagination. Do you want to create an RP in which an amalgam universe meshes together other fictional universes? You can do that here. Do you want to create a character-driven sports RP? You can do that here. Do you want to make a superhero RP? You can do that here. So go out, have fun, and always remember to bring your towel.
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:56 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Introduction to P2TM Roleplaying Threads
Author Credit: Transnapastain | Taken From: A Hitchhiker's Guide to F7

Roleplaying threads operate in much the same way here as they do in International Incidents and NationStates. Where Portal To The Multiverse (P2TM) Roleplay differentiates itself is that these threads do not directly involve your nation. RPs in P2TM tend to move beyond the game of NationStates and back into the real world, or shoot further into the realms of fantasy. Common themes include alternate history, various war reenactments and spin offs, franchise based RPs (such as Harry Potter, Star Wars, etc.), fantasy and sci-fi, and Zombies, just to name a few. In truth, your imagination is the limit, as far as RP topics and content goes.

Threads tend to be divided into the categories of “out of character” interest threads and sign-ups, and “in character” story threads. The difference is easy to tell. Just like on NS or II, “out of character” threads will generally be denoted with the (OOC) tags in the title, with “in character” threads will sport the (IC) tags. Remember that thread ownership does apply to roleplays, and that, if the original poster (OP) asks you to stop posting in his/her thread, it's advisable (read: mandatory) that you heed that request, regardless of the reason, or lack thereof, and quietly leave, dignity intact. The only thing worse than a dingbat domineering a thread is two dingbats fighting in a thread.

If a roleplay thread interests you, and the IC thread proclaims it an “open” RP, in general, you can feel free to post relevant content in that thread. As with II and NS, one line posts with little to no detail or description are frowned upon. If the thread is closed, seek out its OOC counterpart, or, failing that, telegram the OP. Please do not post in the thread until speaking with the creator, that's just common courtesy

Remember, roleplaying is about telling a story, not idly chatting with friends. Threads that involve only idle banter amongst the players may be subject to closure, and we don’t want that, do we?

Past roleplay examples:

Have a great idea for a roleplay?

Post it! Outline your idea in an OOC thread and what you expect from payers joining, and see if anyone is interested. Please refrain from unwarranted or repeated “bumping” of posts, it looks tackier than an emo Hallmark card. Trust me when I say, if people are attracted to the idea, they’ll post. If your idea flops, don’t be discouraged! Not every idea is a winner, but, in general, the P2TM RPing crowd is diverse enough that nearly any idea will find a fan or two. And, hey, maybe it just wasn't the right time for your Magnum Opus. Let is simmer, let it grow, bring some friends along, and try again in a few months. It might be better for it!
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Classes of P2TM RP
Author Credit: Sentinel XV
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Reserved.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:03 pm

Roleplay Etiquette
Author Credit: Sentinel XV, New Azura, Euroslavia

Additional Resources | How to Avoid Being a Novice | Roleplay Tips & Suggestions |

Under development. P2TM guide to Roleplay Etiquette is in the works.
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:26 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

P2TM FAQ
Author Credit: Sentinel XV

What are the rules of P2TM?
All of the normal rules of NationStates (as found in the One Stop Rules Shop) apply in the Portal to the Multiverse. There really aren't any other concrete rules for P2TM, other than limiting posted threads solely to OOC or IC threads. There are a few other unwritten rules, though, namely: don't be a dick, try your best to use proper grammar/spelling, and have fun.

How do I come up with an idea for an RP?
Anything that has ever interested you can be fuel for an RP. Say you like dinosaurs: why not make an RP about dinosaurs? There's really no limit on what you can do and what you can make in P2TM, and chances are that others will share your interests. Additionally, you might check out the Roleplay Resources section for information and ideas.

Why won't people join my RP?
Maybe there's not enough interest in the topic. Maybe they're too busy with others RPs. Maybe they don't like the style (character vs. nation, etc). Maybe they just don't plain like you. There are a plethora of reasons that some RPs flunk and others soar, but remember to not take things too seriously: just because your wonderful RP idea didn't make it off the ground doesn't mean that people don't like you, and it doesn't mean that you're terrible at creating RPs.

What sort of thread goes in P2TM?
Any and all threads that are roleplay threads (both their OOC and IC aspects) that do not explicitly deal with your NationStates nation. For example, an RP about Nazi Space Dinosaurs would belong in P2MG, while a thread about a summit conference of NS Nations would not.

Why was P2TM split from F7?
I quote Euroslavia on this:
Euroslavia wrote:After some discussion in the background between moderators, Max, and [violet], there was a decision to create a new RP forum for ones that were being placed into Forum 7. The amount of RP's there were severely underestimated and has grown into what we believe to be a community that deserves it's own forum.

How do I get my RP selected as the "Roleplay of the Week"?
The Roleplay of the Week is "featured content". Essentially, you submit your RP by posting your intentions, and your RP will be added to a numbered list. A random number generator will be used to produce a number, and the RP with that number will be selected as the "Roleplay of the Week". There is no secret method to becoming the Roleplay of the Week short of somehow manipulating the random number generator, and good luck trying to do that.
Last edited by Euroslavia on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Roleplay Resources
Author Credit: Sentinel XV, Euroslavia | Taken From: Welcome to Portal to the Multiverse

Below are resources for you to use in crafting a lore- or canon-based RP's. While it is not necessary to use these, if you are planning on making an RP set in a particular fantasy universe it would be wise to make sure that the information, technology, species, and cultures that are present in your RP are concurrent with those in the fantasy universe you chose.

Real World resources:

Encyclopedia of Nations
The World Factbook

Popular resources for non-NS information:

Warhammer 40k
Warhammer 40k Wikipedia Entry
Warhammer 40k Wikia

Elder Scrolls
The Elder Scrolls Construction Set Wikia
Elder Scrolls Wikia

Eragon
Eragon Wikipedia Entry
Eragon (Film) Wikipedia Entry

Kingdom Hearts
Kingdgom Hearts Wikipedia Entry
Kingdom Hearts Wikia

Comic Book Universes and Superpowers
Marvel-dedicated Proboards
Marvel Wikia
DC Wikia
Superpower Wikia
List of Superpowers Wikipedia Article

Fallout
Fallout Wikia

Mass Effect
Mass Effect Wikia

Kill Zone
Killzone Wikia
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:17 am, edited 5 times in total.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:14 am

This is an excellent resource, but, as expected for what you yourself call a placeholder, is somewhat light.

A few suggestions:
Merge the Marvel and Superpower sections of Roleplay resources.
Add links to DC Comics Wiki and the Wikipedia list of superpowers, which I always find useful in picking superpowers.

Link to either this guid or this one in the Roleplay Etiquette section, at least until a P2TM User Written version is ready to go there.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Dukopolious
Minister

Founded: Jun 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dukopolious » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:20 am

Just a note, Skyrim is a game/chapter in the Elder scrolls and it's also a province of the fictional continent of Tamriel. Due to this I suggest you either put Skyrim in brackets (and thus also add Oblivion and Morrowind) or remove it from the title. Additionally your second link directs viewers directly to the Skyrim Page. This is a link to the wiki in General. This is another great wiki I suggest you add.

Overall good job, I suggest you look to the many guides and stickies in II for inspiration.
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:02 am

is there still auto-pruning? :unsure:
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

The New Texas Lands
Envoy

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Texas Lands » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:51 am

Ionian Knights wrote:is there still auto-pruning? :unsure:

Nope!
Katganistan wrote:"I'm getting DEATed in the morning
Hot Damn! those Mods are gonna smile
Spammed Moderation
Got a bannination
My nation's getting DEAT in style!
Katganistan wrote:
Shanix wrote:So basically all the mods?

Ooooh, no, we're not ALL female....
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:What's the difference between a GAP T-shirt and Aquitayne's corpse?

I don't have a GAP T-shirt in my closet.
Utceforp wrote:Tex is amazing, when he sweats, he sweats out chuck norrisses. Everyone loves Tex, even Seneca Crane's beard loves him, as well as his sweat-chuck-norrisses. If I were attacked by a bear cavalry army, I would ask for help from Tex. Tex is cool

Ionian Knights
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ionian Knights » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:53 am

The New Texas Lands wrote:
Ionian Knights wrote:is there still auto-pruning? :unsure:

Nope!

woot! 8)
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. - John F. Kennedy
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.

Waltersdorf
Secretary

Founded: Feb 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Waltersdorf » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:56 am

Yesterday, I RP on F7... then today I click on something and I see Portal to the Multiverse... I feel left out of the loop XD

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:15 am

Cromarty wrote:This is an excellent resource, but, as expected for what you yourself call a placeholder, is somewhat light.

A few suggestions:
Add links to DC Comics Wiki and the Wikipedia list of superpowers, which I always find useful in picking superpowers.

Link to either this guid or this one in the Roleplay Etiquette section, at least until a P2TM User Written version is ready to go there.

Thanks for the suggestion. It was past midnight when I made the section, so mistakes were made. :P

Dukopolious wrote:

Just a note, Skyrim is a game/chapter in the Elder scrolls and it's also a province of the fictional continent of Tamriel. Due to this I suggest you either put Skyrim in brackets (and thus also add Oblivion and Morrowind) or remove it from the title. Additionally your second link directs viewers directly to the Skyrim Page. This is a link to the wiki in General. This is another great wiki I suggest you add.

Overall good job, I suggest you look to the many guides and stickies in II for inspiration.

Oops, I seem to have let that slip by. That section was written mostly by Euroslavia. Blame him! :P

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:42 am

Sentinel XV wrote:
Cromarty wrote:This is an excellent resource, but, as expected for what you yourself call a placeholder, is somewhat light.

A few suggestions:

Thanks for the suggestion. It was past midnight when I made the section, so mistakes were made. :P

Dukopolious wrote:

Oops, I seem to have let that slip by. That section was written mostly by Euroslavia. Blame him! :P

It was a trap placed for you! :twisted:
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:46 am

Euroslavia wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. It was past midnight when I made the section, so mistakes were made. :P

It was a trap, and I have failed. :(

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:58 am

Euroslavia wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Thanks for the suggestion. It was past midnight when I made the section, so mistakes were made. :P

Mod tyranny! Is nowhere safe from this scourge?
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:43 pm

@Sentinel XV: I'm honored to have Convergence listed as an RP example, for what it's worth. Might I ask, what gave you the idea to use it for an example?
The Ascendancy of Cártána
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Mewsland wrote:@Sentinel XV: I'm honored to have Convergence listed as an RP example, for what it's worth. Might I ask, what gave you the idea to use it for an example?

It came to mind when I was thinking of RP's, and the whole "amalgam universe" topic is a popular one for RP's.

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:28 pm

question... does this have the same 7 day auto purge as F7?
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:45 am

JuNii wrote:question... does this have the same 7 day auto purge as F7?

It has no auto-prune.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:34 pm

I am overjoyed beyond belief. This is what we've been waiting for for years. Euroslavia, Kat, and any other mods who contributed to the creation of this forum... thanks. Oh, and a big thank you to Mr. Barry and [violet], as well! :)
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Astholm
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Astholm » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:50 pm

This forum is awesome :) ! No autoprune, and should be good for my RPs, I guess I can RP as a RL nation here with alternate history?
[spoiler=About Me]Based on the United Kingdom, but enlarged version with alternate history.
On IIWiki
I have multiple puppets here; only a select few are used to represent the continent of Astholm; others used represent Westholme, and do not artificially boost my nation's statistics.Previously i used puppets with nation names that did not identify as Astholm (e.g. Australis Australia; now all new puppets use ASTHLM, NORTHLM, SOUTHLM, WESTHLM (HLM denoting The Holmes.
NOTE: Other uses of Astholm here have a different continuity and refer to work created by the user Astholm, not the nation

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:52 pm

Astholm wrote:This forum is awesome :) ! No autoprune, and should be good for my RPs, I guess I can RP as a RL nation here with alternate history?

If the RP calls for it, yes. You could find an alternate-history Earth RP to join, or you could create your own.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse