NATION

PASSWORD

Man is made anew (Closed, Forgot to mention that)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Vadia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Man is made anew (Closed, Forgot to mention that)

Postby Vadia » Tue May 01, 2012 10:36 pm

A bearded man awoke from his slumber and looked around the room. It was painted white and lit just enough to read, but about dark enough to sleep in. There was nothing in the room but him and a single florescent bulb above. He tried vainly to remember his name, but it just couldn't surface in his mind. He felt strange; like his thoughts were much different last time he was awake. He couldn't put his finger on it but he also somehow knew where he was deep down inside. Then he noticed a dull sheet of paper on the floor, he picked it up and looked it over.

Dear Henry

You probably don't remember who you are or what you did. That is why we left this, to remind you of who you are. You were drugged with a chemical that clears the personality of blemishes that you gained as you lived and hides memories having to deal with them. You are now a rational person now, your mind is finally awake and ready to see yourself from the outside. This is what we wanted, for you to see yourself like we see you. Henry........close your eyes for about 30 seconds.

He did as the paper said, but was unsure why it asked him to. He wondered why they needed him to forget himself and see what he was from the eyes of others. A small part of him knew the truth but said nothing to the rest of the brain. He opened his eyes and looked back at the sheet of paper.

If your eyes were closed for at least 30 seconds, then you have done well. You have questioned why we did this showing that you are sane and rational. Now close them again for us.

He closed his eyes as he was told and thought about why they wanted him to be "sane and rational". Did he use to be insane and irrational? What had he done that warranted all this? He knew he wasn't a lunatic, he just knew it! How could he be insane, he was thinking just fine! He opened his eyes again in panic and read quickly.

We assume that you have began to realized what you have done. Henry you are a cruel, evil man. If you don't believe us, tap the closest wall and wait. We have something you need to hear.

He did as it said as he wanted to prove them wrong. A male sounding voice played after he tapped the wall , it seamed to come from the wall itself!

"This morning Henry's personal guard killed over 300 people in another raid on a local village." the voice pleaded "It was but one in dozens of similar acts this year that he committed. We beg you to please stop him before even more children are made orphans!"

Another recorded voice played , this time a women who was on the verge of tears.

"I lost half my family to that monster" She then sobbed for a few seconds, before speaking again "Thank you for offering to help, you have no idea what this means to us."

Then another male voice played, this one was a young soldier.

"I've been walking around asking the locals." A man said just before sighing "They all are very scared of Henry and think he is always watching them. I say we need to do something quickly."

Suddenly a male voice like iron shouted, frightening Henry with it's anger and force.

"I don't f***ing care what you need to do!" The voice shouted "There is not room in this world for vicious monsters like him! You know your orders, grab him while he's asleep and bring him here. Then; show him with new eyes what he did."

A group of soldiers responded with a rallying cry.

"For the Emperor, For Humanity!"

He sat there staring at the wall in shock. He was horrified of what he did and greatly despised himself. He then deeply wanted to end his life and thus be unable to harm anyone again. Yet the room had not one weapon in it and not a thing in it was sharp.

"We know what you're thinking." A man said directly speaking to Henry "I am not a recording, just as the people who wrote the note are real"

"Wha....Wha.....Wha?" Henry said emotionally breaking down as tears filled his eyes.

"We knew what your reaction would be to the note." The voice seamed to understand him very well "That is why the room is so bare of items. We didn't want you to kill yourself before you were made anew."

"Made anew?" Henry said

"Yes you are to become someone else, someone less of a monster." The man actually seamed to be honestly giving him a second chance "In your life something went wrong and you snapped, but we removed that from you. You can now become something else, perhaps even attempt to redeem your crimes?"

"How would I do that?" Henry asked as he shivered "I have so much blood on my hands."

"All you need to do is sacrifice yourself." The other man said "That will ease your pain and make your final judgment less brutal. Worse case scenario, you die a human with dignity."

"Okay" Henry said nodding "What do you need me to do?"

"In a few minutes you will fall asleep again and wake up on a boat with others." The other man said "Your duty is to lead them to the island ahead of them and die if necessarily to capture the island. You will see people that are how you used to be, kill them so that the island is safe to live on. That is all you need to do."

"As you wish." Henry said sitting down

After a few minutes everything went black.

The “Three Peoples” are going home and people like this are going to clear the way. Cultists and cannibals fill the island, but men who are suicidal and motivated can easily wipe them out. When you aren't concerned with surviving, you can better focus on killing the enemy. However what will be waiting when they get there?

OOC I need someone to RP the people on the island for me. Also Henry won't be alone with just the grunts on board the ship. He will need officers to serve under him.
Last edited by Vadia on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

""Ten thousand people, maybe more
People talking without speaking
People hearing without listening""

This is also my NPC account.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Thu May 03, 2012 3:02 pm

OOC Ignore the post below, I don't know what happened.
Last edited by Vadia on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The fastest way to make absolutely sure that a point is bad, is to pretend to argue for it to people that are against it.

Spetsnaz GRU
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Spetsnaz GRU » Sun May 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Alexi Borotov woke up on the alone on the boat. He then realized the people around him on thought they were all dead. Finaly looking around he spotted Henry and realized they were sleeping like he had been. He decided he wanted his weapons which he found all by him, or most of his weapons. For some reason he couldnt find his RPG-29 which dissapointed him.He then decided it didnt matter. He looked around the boat for people he recognized and saw a few of his fellow soldiers but they were asleep. He wondered how he got here and tried to think back to how he got here and he thought it was about to come to him but it didnt. He thought for a few more minutes when he had a flashback of being in a white room and being spoken to by a weird voice but thats about all he could remember for now. He considered going over and talking to Henry and see what the hells going on but decided against it. He remembered something about going to attack an island but his thoughts were still pretty jumbled. Then an idea came to his mind about how to make sense of this. He was going to tell himself everything he knew about himself. To begin my name is Alexi Borotov, I'm 25, wanted for terrorism. Well captured for terrorism after the thought of the death sentence he got. He then decided that that man may be able to help and walked over to Henry and said "Hello my name is Alexi Borotov and i have no idea why I'm here. Do you know why we're here?"
Last edited by Spetsnaz GRU on Sun May 06, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Mon May 07, 2012 5:26 pm

The Island had not always been like the way it was now. Once it had been a growing civilisation, just like any other. People would walk down the street and greet their neighbours with smiles and a friendly word. The buildings stood proud, sun shining off the windows and lighting up the brickwork. Their roofs kept out the rain and snow, and protected those inside.

But things did not last.

The good people left, or at least, that assumed they were better than the ones who were left behind. Just because they followed a different god, did not make them bad people. And because they sacrificed people to their god and ransacked the island, fighting against any others who had stayed but followed a different god, did not make them evil. Good and Evil were in the eye of the beholders and those that remained on the Island did not see themselves as bad, they saw themselves as saved by the only god willing to listen to their pleas. And with his guidance they would stand firm and kill any unclean who tried to conquer their land.

Doran Vasquille was the current Head Priest of the Valmorian, the major group on the island. He had taken over the role, three years previously, chosen from the remaining twelve members of the council. He was forty-five and wore the scars of a hard life, battling his way through life just to survive, and not just against those outside the cult. Over his lifetime he had proven that he would do anything to stay alive and he had gained the nickname ‘The Surgeon’ for his work with a scalpel like implement that had nothing to do with healing people.

Their place of worship and the man’s home was a tumbled down old church, which had lost a good chunk of its roof and one wall. The windows were all smashed expect for the stained glass window, that had been changed from its original depiction and now showed the day that the ‘Dark One’ would conquer the world, starting with the people who had abandoned them on the Island.

There were places less damaged that could have been chosen, but there was something ironic about turning a place that had been built to serve a weak god into the place of worship for a great god. And if there was something that tickled the Valmorians it was irony.

But despite the state of the buildings, following the years of war that had taken place, the people on the Island were strong in their belief and their brotherhood. And they have proven that they would not back down for anyone or anything. They had a hatred for the people who had left them and they cursed them daily.

They might not be the most modern of people. They did not consider themselves a part of Vadia, nor did they refer to themselves in any way that would be a reminder of the life their ancestors had been a part of. The despised everything that had happened before they had found their true god and had found the path to their salvation.

Doran stood in the church tower, which despite the state of the rest of the church, was in pretty good condition. From his vantage point, he could see a good view of the surrounding area. The last few weeks he had been getting nightmares about people coming to take his island. Well, they would be in for a shock, because the Valmorians would be waiting for them and they had more up their sleeve than anyone knew.

[ooc: I hope this is okay. Just a brief glimpse for now.]
Nation name: The Empire of Tartarus
Nationality: Tartarian

Ruler: Her Imperial Majesty, Gehenna, Empress of Tartarus

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Mon May 07, 2012 7:22 pm

OOC No longer Canon.

Henry opened his eyes and spoke a few words

"We are here to feebly attempt to redeem ourselves , there is nothing else left to do." He said "We have had our greed torn away and our guilt grown fourfold. It's we're human for the first time in years and our only choice left is to die men. I think you are supposed to be my first officer , your wearing the proper rank. "

He then brushed his uniform and looked at the sleeping men.

"You start waking them up." He ordered "I'll check our weapons and location."

Meanwhile on the island, inside the great ruins and craters. A place no one would look for life, it was believed to be not but mere rubble. However a group of men hid there living in it's basements and tunnels. They heard stories from the elders, of great warriors who conquered all they saw and who prayed to a kind god. They daily looked at the ruin around them and the death that filled the air. They were disgusted by it and knew their people used to be far stronger. They used to be simple farmers and traders, who lived happy lives of joy and hard work.

Then the "Dark One" came and the people began to change. They became slavers and raiders, grabbing all they could carry and burning the rest. Then like the rising of the sun, a great army struck them down and burned one of their few citieson the mainland. After a few dozen years afterward they were suddenly struck at their capital, this very island, by endless warriors protected and armored with steel. These warriors were organized and unafraid of anything that could be sent against them.

These men had got the message, they would never make that mistake again. "The Dark One" was not to be trusted, but the so called "Enlightened One" was quick to forgive. He blessed them and whispered kind words of wisdom into their ears as they slept. He only asked that they listen to him, much like children would to a father. They pledged their eternal loyalty and obeyed his orders to death. He said to be kind to their spouses, he said to help those who were hurt and dying, and he demanded those of their number were to be equal by the law.

They understood and waited till his other followers came home. They read the ruins and knew that once again it would happen. A great empire would come and cleanse the land of filth, and they were to join this empire. The four peoples would be one and their strength would crush the "Dark Ones" armies. They had one circle of advantages none of those animals had, the kind that gave the old empire great power. They had reason , knowledge , and wisdom.
Last edited by Vadia on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Tue May 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Karl Lungan was not a member of the Council of Thirteen, but he had been a member of the Valmorians all of his sixty-two years. When he was young, he had wanted to follow in the footsteps of those that had come before him, worshipping the ‘Dark One’ and protecting his fellow men from the harm that seemed to have cursed the Island. He had heard the tales of the other who lived with them, but over the years they had faded into myth. There had been others before, the ruins that stood around them told the story of the violence that swept over everyone.

When he had been a child, his grandfather would take him on his knee and pass on the tales that were shared from one generation to the next. When he heard the stories, he had laughed at them, thinking they were no more than fairy tales that were told to children to scare them. But as he had grown, he had come to believe every word that had been told to him. He had seen the signs of the life before and he had lived the fighting that continually tore the Island apart. And like all of those left, he felt the Island seep into his bones and consume his soul, until he could do nothing but worship and protect.

He stood at his post, now too old to be part of the first army, those that went out to seek out others and bring them to peace with the ‘Dark Lord’. When he had been younger, there had been a few caught here and there, as the group spread across the Island, checking for anyone who would bring about the end of the cult. Each leader seemed to be plagued with dreams that a nightmare was coming and they had assumed that the others were growing in strength. So they cast out their numbers and scoured the Island, finding no trace of anyone.

But now the dreams had started again, and the army was being assembled.

Life on the Island was becoming a chore. As a carefree child, Grellia Demmond would run around the streets, laughing and playing, or at least when there was no fighting going on. But now that she was nearly sixteen, she was on the brink of womanhood. She did not feel any change in herself, but she had seen a difference from the people around her. The other women were less caring than they had been and the men… She still felt disgusted as she watched the way they looked at her, making her feel naked in her clothing.

Living on the Island was bleak for a man, but it was even bleaker for a woman. Unlike a man, Grellia would never be able to join the Council or become one of the priests. And unless things were really bad, she would never be able to fight for her people. Women were on the Island for two reasons, to look after the men and to produce more Valmorians. Of course, there was a third reason for women to be on the Island, but she did not want to think about the sacrifices.

Grellia had been living in relative bliss, happy with her existence, because she had never known anything else. At least, that was until the day she found a book, one that depicted the life on the Island before the split. She read the words daily, almost like a bible, wondering what it would be like to live in the beautiful cities. She knew that the book describe the world around her, before the wars and before the ‘Dark One’. Unlike her friends, she liked the sound of the ‘Enlightened One’, he sounded much more forgiving then her own god.

She stashed the book into a large crack in her bedroom wall and pushed the bed up against it, hiding her treasure from view. One day she would leave the Island. One day soon.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Tue May 08, 2012 10:10 pm

The offering was prepared by the priests, those who could read and remember the few books left over. They were dressed in robes of blue and had staffs of oak. They placed the tablet of prayers, poured a special oil onto it, and then lit it with a torch. Then the oil turned into vapor and filled the room, to be breathed into their lungs. Their minds opened and the room looked sharper and more solid than before. They then began to chant a song in a old language, the one of the conquerors.

It translated roughly as the following, only it rhymed in the old language.

We are awake, waiting for the sign
We have done this day after day

For you are a being most kind
Blessing us with gift after gift

You have clearly made our heads
What thanks we are glad to offer

The War Chief stood in the large underground opening, on a platform so that his subjects could see him. His honor guard of 200 men stood with rare weapons from the mainland, automatic rifles made from steel and heated then cooled black oil. They wore helmets of steel, "bullet coats" , and wore special faded brownish-gray uniforms. The War Chief clapped his hands together and waited for the soldiers to gather.

OOC "Bullet coats" are flak jackets , the oil is talking about plastic , and the brownish faded uniforms look like the OG-107
Last edited by Vadia on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Thu May 10, 2012 6:38 pm

Doran Vasquille contemplated the fate of the island, as he watched the people milling around below. There were a little over three thousand people in the town below, although the exact number was hard to track, with people being killed and not always reported, or people being born and not registered. The Valmorians tried to run an organised ship, but there was usually too much going on for all of the information to be accurate and if he was honest, he did not care exactly how many people were there, as long as he knew how many he had to call to arms.

He watched as a young boy picked up a stone and flung it at one of the unbroken panes of glass in the church, only to have his mother rush out of her house and drag him inside, before anyone could bring any retribution on to him. Doran chuckled to himself, knowing that no one was going to worry about a piece of glass when there were bigger things on the horizon.

“You look miles away,” Hannah said, as she walked over to where he was standing, keeping away from the edge. She was not good with heights and she hated it when he came up here to ponder.

“Sometimes, I wish I was,” he said, turning to towards her, his face a mask of concern. All his life he had watched as the Valmorians struggled just to survive, fighting for everything they had and when it came right down to it, they really did not have anything. They had the ability to make clothing and they had weapons, but they deserved so much more. The ‘Dark One’ kept telling them that the time would come, but it was taking a damn long time in the coming. “Sometimes, I wish I was,” he repeated absentmindedly.

“The Council are waiting for you downstairs.” That had been her reason for coming up to him. If it had not been important, she would have left him in peace until he was ready to come back down.

He nodded his head. “Tell them I will be with them shortly.”

Hannah, who was thirty-five and the ‘wife’ of the previous High Priest, had been inherited by Doran, when he had come into power. She gave him a smile and had begun to walk off, when he spoke again. “How old is Grellia?”

The question caused her to stop mid-stride and she turned to face him, her expression questioning and her eyes filled with fear. “Fifteen, why?” She could tell by his face that she was not going to like the answer. “You don’t mean to s…sac…?”

“No.”

That left only one reason for asking. “Why do you need her? You have me. And the others.”

He merely grinned and turned back to gaze at the town.

The Council rarely got together unless there was something important to discuss or ceremony to perform. It was possible for a couple of the members to make agreements, all of which needed the High Priest’s vote for it to come to action. But lately they had seen Doran was worried and they had picked up parts of the message that they were getting from the ‘Dark One’. They had been advised to gather up the army for another fight was coming.

The twelve Council members and the High Priest sat in a circle, with candles burning all around them. They did not sit around a table, instead there was a pale young woman, with white skin and hair, sitting on a chair facing Doran. Unlike most of the other women, this one actually had an important purpose in the church.

“What do you see?” he asked, his eyes transfixed to the palest blue eyes he had ever seen.

The woman rocked from side to side for a moment, her head rolling back and forth, as she mumbled strange sounds that none of the thirteen could understand. If she had heard Doran speak, she did not give any sign of it.

“What do you see?” He shouted, getting up on his feet. The others around the room stared at him, before he lowered himself back into his seat, that looked reminiscent of an old wooden throne, carved with strange beasts and symbols. “Carmen!”

At the mention of her name, she sat bolt upright and stopped moving. Her unseeing eyes ‘looked’ directly into Doran’s. “The end is coming. You must make a stand or you will all die.”

“She said that last time,” one of the Council stated, the youngest of the group and the man who took Doran’s place when he was promoted. “I don’t believe she can see anything. This is bullshit.” He got out of his seat.

“Sit down,” Doran ordered, his voice very quiet. The man did not make a move one way or the other. “I said, sit down!”

The woman in the chair jumped at Doran shouted at his colleague, but the man did not retake his seat. The High Priest looked at him for a moment, their eyes locked in a silent battle, but the young man refused to back down and he made a move to leave. Before he could take more than one step, he halted suddenly and looked down at his chest, where the hilt of a dagger had appeared, as if by magic. He looked at Doran and then down at the red patch that was growing on his shirt, before he crumpled to his knees, dead before he hit the floor.

The second in command, Peter Harkenn lifted his eyes from his fallen comrade and glared at Doran. “Now is not the time to find a new member of the Council. There are things coming that we do not know about.”

“Now is not the time to have a disbeliever on the Council.” He looked back at Carmen, his voice once more level. “Tell us what you see.”

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Thu May 10, 2012 7:49 pm

He then spoke with great passion about what was to happen and the future the elders predicted.

"My People." He spoke in a clear tone "We have lived in these ruins for almost 1000 years and made it our home. We have made great machines and large rooms for our people to live in. However....it is time for us to go out there and claim what is rightfully ours."

He then pointed upward to add effect and show what he meant.

"Our spies have been amongst them for over 40 years and they are at their weakest. They are unskilled in the ways of war , unlike we who have studied the barbarians to the west and "The Great Empire of Tima. I have sensed a large army to big to count , waiting to come here. The Timathins , The Fenostrum , and the Saudians will come here and rebuild their empire. We would benefit from befriending them and merging with their armies."

Some of the people were confused , but he further explained his choice.

"We have very little at the moment and I know they have recovered from their loses. It has been 1000 years and a new era has began for the both of us.

Still somewhere confused and he needed to be clear to them.

"The Enlightened One spoke to me last night!" he shouted before passionly stating his thoughts "He told me that his first worshipers are coming home and they are stronger than ever before. He says they have fought for 1000 years becoming wiser and stronger ,crushing all that apposed them. However he says they have become much more brutal to foes , but became very kind to others. This great force could be used to fix our land and perhaps make our world sane again. I wish all you well in the coming days , bless you all. "

As he finished his speech a single voice cried out and was copied by the rest.

"Long live the fighters!" they chanted "Long live our tribe! Long live our new brothers!"
Last edited by Vadia on Thu May 10, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Founded: Nov 26, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Doppio Giudici » Thu May 10, 2012 8:22 pm

The 27th "Owl" Division was the strongest airborne infantry division in the entire N.T.A. They were as highly trained as the "Rangers" in light infantry operations and had as much fame as The 11th "Thunder" Division. Each had been in at least 1 war and served in "The Forces" for a good 9 years. They were feared and hated by all of the N.T.A.s foes for good reason. They were trained to be experts in survival in harsh climates , to drop from planes at great speeds , then pull the cord during the last 10 seconds of falling , and to fight like lions.

It was considered suicide to fight them , for many knew of the chemicals they drank to sharpen their minds and the endless energy they had. Even thou every Doppian and Vadian soldier was considered deadly and highly trained , these men put their brothers to shame. They were the best of a nation of warriors and the result of a culture used to constant fighting. They were treated as such by all who knew them , but these men and women didn't want special attention. They wanted the tyrants to die and the people to be safe , especially the poor and scared.
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Fri May 11, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I use this old account for FT, Pentaga Giudici and Vadia are for MT.

"Ten thousand people, maybe more
People hearing without listening"

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Fri May 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Despite all that had happened on the island and the outward look of the Valmorians, they were supported by a reasonably talented group of fighting men. They might not match up to some of the more highly technical nations, but they had the ability to hold their own in a fight. It was something they had developed a skill for over the years, while the battled not to be wiped out. They might not have the best weapons the world had to offer, but they had a strong willed group of men willing to fight to the death to protect what they had. They might not have much, but it was everything in the world to the Valmorians.

There might have only been just over three thousand people who made up the cult and its followers, but of those nearly six hundred of them were more than capable of picking up a weapon and fighting. Any male between the age of sixteen and sixty-five were considered part of the army, although every male older than sixty-five was still capable of holding the fort, but they were not a part of the regular army, that needed to run drills and keep their eyes sharp.

Daniel Morgrain had celebrated his sixteenth birthday the week before and he was attending his first session as a member of the military. He weighed up the gun he held in his hand, having been taught how to handle it a couple of days earlier. It still felt odd in his hands and he felt odd being considered a man.

He had spent many years watching the older boys take this first step and he dreamed of the day that he would become just like them. Now that he had the gun in his hand he felt like a man and at the same time, he still felt like a child. He had been expecting some kind of transformation, but he had been disappointed by the anti-climax.

As he was waiting for the training to start, he looked across at a group of soldiers, older than him, who were teleporting a short distance across the field. One would blink out of existence and then reappear a moment later. He hoped that he would be chosen to be a part of such a group. These men were chosen by the ‘Dark One’ although, he was not sure how this was done. He watched as a couple more followed suit and then he turned his attention back to his drill master, before he got into trouble. Because being a man in the Valmorians meant that he had to pay attention, otherwise bad things would happen.

Terry Newley was furious, he was still reeling over the mindless killing of the Council member by Doran. They were facing the biggest threat to their safety and their leader was murdering their one of the Thirteen. Finn should have retaken his seat, but he was on edge, just like the rest of them. The Seer was not giving them information and seemed to be growing more and more insane as the days went passed. He needed answers, they needed answers. The people deserved a chance to survive, he would have to do what he could to get it.

He walked through the church, somewhere in the distance, he could hear Doran grunting and one of his ‘wives’ moaning with pleasure. It sickened him that the man defiled the sanctity of the church. It was one thing to do it in the name of the ‘Dark One’ but for his own base needs was wrong. No wonder they were headed for doom, with their High Priest angering the god.

He opened a door in the rear of the building that led down to the cellar. It was away from the temple, and housed the Seer. Terry did not know the last time the woman had seen the sun. She looked like a spirit in the candlelight that filled the room.

At the sound of his footsteps, Carmen turned into his direction, giving him the impression that she could actually see him. Her blind eyes met his, as if she was searching his soul. The way that she ‘looked’ at him, he always got the impression that she could actually see what was beneath his skin, as if she was blind just to the outer world, but that she could see what was important in a person.

“You have come for answers,” she said, as if reading his thoughts.

Terry walked over to where she sat on the edge of her bed and perched himself next to her. Her face turned, still focused on his. “I have told you everything I know.” But as she spoke, she lowered her eyes from his, as if hiding something.

“Carmen, I believe in you,” he said, reaching out his hand and placing it lightly on hers. She jerked slightly at his touch. “I know that you can see more than you are telling us. I know that he is talking to you. Is he angry with Doran?”

Her head lifted and she ‘looked’ at him once more. “I’m afraid,” she said quietly, her voice almost a whisper. “They want to take it all away and I think He’s going to let them.”

Terry’s brow furrowed at her words. “He?” Although, he was sure he already knew the answer.

She turned towards a large symbol that was painted on the wall. “We have to prove ourselves and then [i]He[/b] will fight with us. We have to believe in him and he will give us the skill to win. [i]He[/b] wants a sacrifice, but the High Priest will not give him the one wants.” She turned her face slowly back to Terry’s, a sadness showing in the unseeing eyes. “But he wants her himself.”

The man’s expression turned to one of confusion. There was nothing else he could do, he would have to talk to Doran. And he would get the men ready, they had to be on high alert. If Carmen said that they had to fight, then they would have to be ready to fight, and to the death if necessary. It was not as if they had not done it before. They had been victorious in the past and they could do it again. They just needed to appease the ‘Dark One’.

As Terry stood up and walked towards the stairs, Carmen broke into a smile.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Fri May 11, 2012 4:55 pm

President walked down the line of lieutenant and captains of the airborne division. He inspected each and every single one of them as he spoke of the coming days.

"You are here for one reason." He said "Each and every single one of you was born to lead good men in battle. You were born to pay taxes , be model citizens , provide affection to others , and be a cornerstone in your families. You were born to be happy , to be kind , and to be brutal if needed. You have done well so far , I am proud to be your president"

He then stopped and looked around at each of them

"You will be heroes during this new age , you are going to start the invasion of "The Birthland." He said "I ask you to do begin it , as your some of the best warriors I have ever seen. Your division is also airborne and highly mobile , just as is needed. I would have asked the entire division to come here , but they are to numerous to inspect all of. Relay my message to rest of them and lead them well. Godspeed , my brothers."

He then gave a quick bow and walked away. They chanted his name as he left , for he was kind enoght to see them before sending them to fight.

"President Seth!" They called out " President Seth!"

He was proud to be their president , just as he was proud to be their "Strong One". He was a simple prophet who spoke not of their god , but of what mankind wanted. He saw humanity rising to a level undreamed of , he saw strong , wise beings in the future. He was going to make humans like what they were meant to be.

He was a leader of men and a great soldier. He fought on the front-line even when he was a officer of high rank. Only his age and his seer devotion to regulating his people , kept him from the battlefield. He almost lost himself for a while , but a mistress of his keep him sane. He was really going to lead these people home.
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Fri May 11, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Construction is taking forever, but Prole Confederation will be paying millions of Trade Units for embassies and merchants that show up at the SBTH

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sat May 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Grellia was not in a good mood. Her mother had taken her to one side and had told her of the conversation she had had with Doran. The young woman was revolted at the idea of belonging to that horrible old man. He made her skin crawl every time his gaze passed over her, and now she knew that it would only feel worse. She had barely made it through dinner, sitting so close to him. Every time, she looked up he was looking at her. It took all her effort to make it through the meal without getting up and running off. Even though he had not laid a finger on her, she felt dirty.

She had gone to her room once they were finished and grabbed a bag, stuffing her prized possession inside. Then she headed out into the main living area, her hand on the door to the outside when her mother appeared.

“Where are you going?” Hannah asked, taking in the bag flung over the young woman’s shoulder.

“Out.”

The older woman took a few steps forward and stopped. “Are you coming back?”

“Maybe,” Grellia replied, in her best stroppy voice. She turned towards her mother, her eyes searching the older woman’s face. “Where am I going to go? It’s not like I can get off of this stinking Island, even if I wanted to.” She shuffled her foot impatiently. “I’m just going to a walk.”

Hannah closed the gap between the two of them and wrapped her arm around her daughter, pressing a kiss to her forehead. “Be careful, okay. There are bad things out there.”

Grellia raised one eyebrow in surprise. “There are bad things in here too. Anyway, I don’t want to talk about this right now. I’ll be fine, I promise.”

Nodding her head slowly and smiling sadly, Hannah released her arm from around the girl. She knew exactly what her daughter was feeling, she had gone through the same situation when she was a young girl. The only good thing that had come out of it was the young woman she was watching leaving the house. As the door closed behind her, Hannah felt a tear run down her cheek.

Grellia was not afraid of the outside. A lot of people feared living the town limits, but she loved the peace and quiet that existed outside. While she was out in the countryside, she could pretend that everything in her life was perfect and she could read her book, dreaming that it was describing where she was and the people she shared her life with.

As she walked down the path towards the woods, she was lost in thought. She would give anything to be able to keep walking right off the edge of the Island and across the water. There had to be more out there, her book made her confident that there was. But even if she could leave, where would she go, what would she do? One thing she did know, she was not going to follow in her mother’s shoes. Even if she had to throw herself off the cliffs, she would not be trapped by that man.

Whenever she walked, she spent so much time thinking that when she finally stopped, she was far deeper than she thought she was. Time always flew when she was lost in her head. She found a tree that she often sat under and pulled out her book, using the empty bag as a cushion. She always started reading from the beginning, so she opened the front cover and began to lose herself in her ideal world.

Doran was pissed. Not only had Hannah told her daughter of his plan and now the silly bitch had gone missing, but his trusted lieutenant had spoken to Carmen and the woman had started laughing manically. There were times when he wondered what in the name of the ‘Dark One’ he had done to deserve such betrayal. It had taken a heavy slap to the edge of the woman’s cheek to get her to shut up.

Once she was silent, she merely sat on her bed with a crazy grin on her face.

He looked down at the bottle of wine that he had in his hand, before lifting it to his lips and taking a huge swig. And then his temper flared once more, and he tossed the bottle against the wall. The glass shattered and the red wine flowed down the stone like blood. He screamed at the top of his lungs and stormed out of the room.

Terry was busy talking to the troops, who were going on duty that evening. They all knew that there were others on the Island and it was a regular mission of those in the military to sweep the Island looking for their presence, with the orders of killing anyone that put up a fight. They tried to bring back the women and children alive in the past, but they were not against killing even them if it was necessary. They had long since given up trying to convert the men. They were far too much trouble and the Valmorians had lost a few of their own in the process.

The men always travelled in pairs, just so that one could hopefully take out anyone that attacked the other. It had been very quiet lately, but Terry knew it was going to change, which is why he was talking directly to the men, making them aware of the danger that was coming.

As the group left, he said a prayer to the ‘Dark One’ to watch over them.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Sat May 12, 2012 7:27 pm

The figure sat in the tree above watching the young lady below him. He had been in the tree all day , as was asked of him. A Prophet somewhere had send him a mental image of the girl and asked for her to be kept safe. The Prophet was one of the Timathins , possibly the one to bring those people home. He had offered something that the man needed in exchange for her safety. It was a payment that would have been enoght to have this man kill himself if needed.

The figure referred to himself as "Fa-Tev" meaning honor and was a Saudian from the western mainland. He had lost the will to live 3 months ago , but his payment kept him going. He wore a thick scarf around his face and big spectacles that were tied to his head with string. His dull , faced clothing covered all his skin and yet keep him cool in hot climates. He was 35 and not aging well , but his years as a hunter and scout made him nimble. His thoughts were careful and pondered what he was doing.

She is so young , why does he need her safe. What does he need her for would be worth the payment he offered me. Why does she read that book of old history over and over? "The Enlightened One" has no holy-book , just endless tablets of what he wants and is. Well......It doesn't matter after all. I'm in a good mood , I'm let her decide if she wants to be awake when I bring her someplace safe. If not I'll just use these darts from my hunting days and carry her. Well I have waited enoght , now it's time to do the job.

"Hello." He said "I have been waiting for you for several hours. I present to options , ether come with me or I'll carry you where we're headed. I swear you will not be harmed , all I know is someone wants you safe."

He then slide down the tree's trunk and readied his dart-gun.

"Pick." He said "Time is short."
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Sat May 12, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sat May 12, 2012 8:19 pm

Grellia was miles away, transported far away by the words in her book. Even if she had not been engrossed, she would not have looked up into the tree and she would not have seen the man sitting in it. It would have been possible for her to spend the several hours it took to read her book from cover to cover without knowing that there was someone else there. But that was not what Fate had in mind for her that day.

When she had heard the ‘hello’ it had taken a moment for her to realise that she was not alone. But once she saw the figure, she had leapt to her feet ready to flee, but she did not move her feet were rooted to the ground.

“Wh…who are you?” She asked, her voice shaking, along with her body. Her arms were wrapped tightly around her book, holding it close to her chest, as if it was some kind of shield. She had heard what he had said, but it took her brain a moment to realise exactly what the words meant. And although she heard him use the words ‘safe’ and ‘not be harmed’, she did not believe a word of it.

It was then that she found her feet and without another word, she turned and tried to run back the way she had come.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Sat May 12, 2012 9:30 pm

"I understand" he said as he raised his gun to shoot her

He squeezed the trigger and a dart went straight into her leg. It injected a dose made of a special herb mixed with a type of snake venom. Normally a dart would make a entire leg numb on a adult male. However on young females it was enoght to make their legs and arms stop working.

He watched her trip , fall , and be unable to move. Luckily her head was fine and so was her torso. He placed her book in his sack that he tied to his chest. Then he picker her up and carried her over his shoulder.

"So what's your name?" He asked " Mine is Fa-Tev , I will be your source of entertainment for this journey. Don't worry , in my culture young girls are considered ugly. I'm not going to try anything , I can tell that's what you fear."

He began to walk deep into the forest , with the strap of his gun around his other shoulder. He was glad her limbs weren't working , he didn't want her to hit him.

"So tell me , any reason why a Prophet would want you safe?" He asked questions every time she gave a answer.
"No it's not him , my client is a ocean away and cares little for those types of things."

He stopped and put her down after a hour.

He looked at her and then listened to something she couldn't hear. He then looked at her again for a few seconds very confused. He then looked deeply into her eyes , like he was looking for something. After a few seconds he saw it and nodded as he backed away.

"Yeah I see it." He said to no one "I think she sees him for what he is and yet doesn't. She's quite pure considering this whole place is a mess. You sure she has it in her?"

He then nodded and held a flower below her nose. It was yellow and looked very alive considering it's state. He then looked to see if her eyes watered or she coughed. She would ether do one or the other , but it was time to see which.
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Sat May 12, 2012 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sat May 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Grellia had barely taken more than a few steps, when she felt a pinprick in her leg, followed by the strangest sensation she had ever felt. She tried to pick up her feet, but it was if her legs were not there. The next thing she knew was the ground rushing up to meet her face. She could not even move her arms to catch herself. She hit the ground a moment after her prized book and grunted as she did.

The young Valmorian thought that she had been scared about Doran, but now she was terrified. She had no idea who the man was, all she knew that she wanted to get away but she could not move anything that would allow her to escape. If she had been able to move her legs she would have kicked him when he picked her up. The only thing she was grateful for was that he had picked up her book, she just hoped that she could get it back when she was able to get away.

When he first started asking her questions, she refused to answer. She did not want anything to do with this man, but she had no choice. He had stolen her means of escape, so as the minutes drew past, she felt resigned to her Fate. Maybe the ‘Dark One’ was answering her plea and this man was going to toss her over the cliff to save her from doing it.

“Grellia,” she mumbled, feeling the last ounce of hope draining from her body. “And I have no idea what you are talking about. Please…please just let me go. I won’t tell anyone you are here or what you did to me.” She hated to beg, but what over choice did she have. When that did not seem to work, she wondered if this was Doran’s doing, but the man instantly confirmed that it was not. Instead he mentioned someone over the ocean and she felt totally confused.

She remained quiet the rest of the time, until they stopped and he put her down on the floor. She felt tears welling in her eyes, she wanted to cry but at the same time she did not want to appear weak. She was not a child anymore, in a few more weeks she would be considered an adult.

As he began talking, she looked around, trying to find who he was speaking to, but she could see no one. Maybe she was going crazy, it was possible that she had fallen asleep under the tree and this was all some strange nightmare, brought about her concern for herself. When she woke up, she would be safe under the tree, her book cradled in her lap. But it did not feel like a dream.

What is going to happen to me? she lamented silently to herself, wishing for an end to the torment. If he was going to kill her, why could he not get it over with already?

When he walked over to her, she closed her eyes, waiting for the fatal blow. Instead she smelt some sweet aroma. She opened her eyes and brushed away the tears, wondering what kind of strangeness was going to now. And then, she started to get a tickle in her throat. She needed a cup of water, but she could not speak, as she began to cough.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Sat May 12, 2012 11:12 pm

He just stared at her for a few seconds , shocked at what just happened.

"Your......Blessed?" He said "If I had known I would have......."

He trailed off and looked very nervous. He then gave a quick bow and lowered his head. He looked much like a man meeting a priest or noble. He seamed much more human , as his face actually showed a expression. It was fear mixed with awe and traces amounts of sadness. He then lightly hugged her , trying to humanize himself in her eyes and calm her down.

"My wife was slain by a group of raiders 3 months ago." He confessed without explanation "I was offered the deaths of those responsible in exchange for you remaining alive a week. However I will watch you so long as I live even as the job is done. You remind me of someone I used to know and I have nothing left in my life.

He then got into the position of a squire being knighted.

"I pledge my loyalty to you for so long as I live." He swore to her "However I will not give you the death you seek , but I will help you hide from those who lust after you."

He then looks up at her and notices that she was crying on the way there.

"I know you aren't happy being carried or unable to move. However your going to live and be a leader of men , no-matter what you want. You will never be powerless again , but rather very powerful."

He then takes a piece of cloth and wipes her face for her.He then makes a tear in his shirt , exposing a tattoo. He seams uncomfortable showing it to her and looks away. A green shield is shown for a few seconds and then hidden by his clothing again.

"Every male who worships "The Enlightened One" gets a marking on his chest." He explains "It shows who we are and what our souls are like. Green means loyalty and devotion , A shield means I will spend my life protecting people. I wondered why I could hear some of your thoughts , but I see now what my future is."

He then picks her up and heads in the same direction as before. After a few feet he hums the tune of a old hymn.

At the same time , but over in Doppio Giudici

President Seth sat in his chair with is head tilted back. He was mentally off somewhere else , somewhere sad watching another man's actions. I'm glad he did his job , but she's so scared. He then watched as the man realized her status. Good , treat her like she means something. After all , she is is important He watched as the man hugged her and explained his actions Well you showed your human , but your being a tad creepy. As he watches it all happen , Seth nods approvingly and sends a tune to the man's mind.

He then gets up and heads downstairs for some toast. He looks to the side and notices she's still there. He had much space in his mind devoted to her , but she was to be kept secret. He was a workaholic , but she didn't care that he was there only 3 times a week. She was just so weird and different , but so much like him. He then checked her out with his eyes and complimented her. She seamed to like what he did , because she blushed when he did it.

She then left out the backdoor and he uncoiled his energies. He began to see the future for a few seconds. His eyes rolled into the back of his skull and he sat down. He then saw a burning city and a group of men standing upon the ruins. Below them were slain cultists and a defeated people. He saw Grellia amongst the victors and understood the message.
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sun May 13, 2012 9:42 am

The coughing started to subside, which was all she could think about for a moment. When she focused back on the man, she furrowed her brow, as she saw him staring at her, like she had grown a second head. If she could have moved her arm, she would have checked just to make sure. She had almost freaked at the initial hug, but now that she thought about it, it was oddly comforting, he obviously had no intention of hurting her, at least at the moment. And then he spoke again, which just confused her more.

Please let me wake up, please let me wake up, please let me wake up, she chanted in her head, wanting the crazy dream to end.

“Blessed?” She asked, wondering how he thought she was blessed when she was being held against her will. “I’m not blessed.” And if he had known, would he have left her alone to read her book under her favourite tree. “And I’m sorry about your family. I know what it’s like to lose people, my brother was killed on a parole mission. But you don’t need to do this. You could just let me go back home, I don’t need you to pledge your loyalty to me.”

The man was obviously confusing her with someone else, especially as he went on about her being someone powerful. She was a woman, she’d be lucky if she amounted to anything more than Doran’s plaything and servant. Her mother was going to kill her, she probably should have been back by now. She had no idea how long she had been out, but she was sure it was longer than she promised.

She smiled kindly as he wipe her face and listened as he explained the strange tattoo on his body. It was an oddly comforting tale and the fact that he believed it meant that he was loyal and devoted, she felt a little safer in his company. And he had promised to protect her, which was something she had only heard from her mother before. She just hoped she was not in line to be sacrificed to ‘The Enlightened One’, because that would just make the day really bad.

As he picked her up and started to hum, she could feel herself growing a little more relaxed, so much so that she drifts off to sleep, the worries of the day disappearing at least briefly.

“What do you mean, she’s missing?”

Hannah looked into the anger darkened face of Doran, his eyes appearing to almost blaze red. She had honestly thought that Grellia had been planning to come back, all her clothing was still in her room and nothing important was missing. She would not leave without her things. “She went out for a walk. She was only going to be gone for a couple of hours. Something’s happened to her, I know it.” The more she spoke the more her voice rose with worry.

Doran visibly gritted his teeth, trying to keep his anger at bay, but he was losing the battle. “You told her, didn’t you?” He closed the gap between them and pushed her up against the wall. “You stupid bitch.”

“No, I didn’t…I didn’t say anything,” she stuttered, suddenly feeling very scared, but her terror was to increase as he put one hand on her throat and began to squeeze.

“You told her and she ran away,” Doran’s voice sounded strangely calm, despite the blazing fury playing across his face.

Hannah’s hands went to his hand, trying to pry his fingers from her body. “N…no,” she managed, struggling to talk as her throat was constricted. “I…I…” She tried to shake her head, using actions instead of words. “S…she…” she gasped, as she fought against his hold.

He took a deep breath, looking almost resigned. “I liked you, Hannah, you were my favourite,” he said, talking to her as if they were having a pleasant conversation over dinner. “But you have disappointed me.”

He squeezed a little tighter, hearing her struggling for breath. Her motions became frantic and her eyes widened with fear, and then there was nothing, she grew still. Releasing his hold, he watched as she slipped down the wall and crumpled on the floor.

“Get me a search party!” he demanded, and heard someone scurrying away to do his bidding.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Sun May 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Seth was very displeased by what happened across the sea. He waited till the this "High Priest" went to sleep and then sat down to go into a trance. His mind reached out and grabbed ahold it's victim with brutal pleasure. It then dragged the man's mind to Seth's and forced it into a dream. Seth stood there before Doran with a cruel smile laughing uncontrollably. His simple suit and his toughened body made the greeting ever more so scary. Seth then stopped laughing and with a look of disgust gazed at Doran.

"She didn't run away you fool." He said "I sent someone to take her someplace safe. You will never see her again until the day she places her foot on your neck."

He then pulled out a gleaming assault rifle and loaded it. It was decades ahead of where the cultist's were and was painted a crisp dark black.

"I will watch personally as my technological and logistical advantages turn your country to dust." He stated "I will watch as your hope is crushed and you die a slow , painful death. In-fact ; I could kill you now if I wanted to , but I think it would mean more if she did it."

He then fired a burst into the air and a dozen cries rang out. As the dream began to fade and Doran was sent back to his body , Seth went back to laughing uncontrollably.

Fa-Tev then tapped her to wake her up , and then said something.

"Can you feel your arms now?" He asked "It's been a few hours and it should just be your legs that are asleep."

He then cleared his throat and mentioned something that he knew she had thought.

"Your not going to be sacrificed in the way you predict." He said "When it happens , you will be awake and you will come out of it even more alive than before."

He then addressed something else he had heard her think

"The Enlightened One knows the future and cares not for what you are , but what you can become." He said " He has made prophets and emperors out of boys. He has made priests , great healers and "Wise-Ones" out of girls. To him the body is weak and short lived , but the mind is eternal. If he sees a noble mind , he thrusts power into their hands and waits."

As he kept walking he got close to a city of ruins. It was overgrown with life and filled with cracked pavement. Armed guards clothed in mirrored goggles and black bandanas covering their lower faces nodded as he walked by. He then approached a thick gate and stared into the face of masked man. The person before him was dressed in a blue robe and had tall hat on his head.

"I have a "Blessed One"" Fa-Tev said to the priest before him "Do you have a place she can set up?"

"We have a tunnel past this gate that leads to a small series of tunnels." The priest replied "She can be listened to and taught there. However she will need to bring a book to show she understands our faith."

"I understand" Fa-Tev said back

The gates opened and he carried her in. For a few seconds the bond between them was stronger and a few thoughts slipped into her head. I wonder if I could adopt her as family. It would allow me to do what I wish and give me something to hold onto. He then looked at her and then back to the ground in front of him. Well If I'm going to be a father again , I hope she actually finds someone worthy of her. She'll have to spawn children someday , let's just hope it's with someone she loves.
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Sun May 13, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sun May 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Doran woke from his sleep and rather than being angry by what he had seen, he felt the first sense of calm that he had seen in a long time. The last few weeks he had a sense that something was coming and now he had seen exactly what it was. The man that he had seen might think that he held all the cards because he held that little bitch, but he was wrong. She might not have been as useful as she could have been and it saddened him that he was not going to get a taste of that delicious body yet, but he would and he would thank her at the same time for giving him a look at the future.

He walked down to the main room, his gaze resting momentarily on the spot where he had killed Hannah. He had liked the woman, but she had overstepped the mark, perhaps he should have been thanking her for sending her snivelling daughter into the hands of the man from his dream. He was going to enjoy proving him wrong and it would not be the girl who had her foot on his neck, he was going to win the war. The ‘Dark One’ would see to it.

But now he also knew that there were people on the Island working for this strange man who haunted his dream, and now he had a focus for his search. He would find the group that had taken Grellia and he would make sure that they paid for whatever it was they thought they were going to do to him and his people.

Grellia blinked open her eyes, for a moment forgetting what had happened, but as she focused on the Fa-Tev, she knew that nothing had changed. Except she could now move her arms. She wriggled her fingers and watched them in wonder, as if she was performing some kind of miracle, but she could still not feel her toes. But if it had taken a couple of hours to get motion in her arms, her legs could not be too far behind.

When she looked around them, she realised that she had no idea where they were. She had never been so far away from the town, it had been forbidden for the females of the group to go outside the perimeter, but she often sneaked passed the line just to have some peace and quiet to read her book. Now she realised why they had made that rule, but it was too late for her to do anything about it.

She had been feeling a little more comfortable in Fa-Tev’s presence, but that changed when he mentioned that she was actually going to be sacrificed, but not in the way she thought. As far as she was concerned, sacrificed was sacrificed and left you dead, regardless how they did it. She listened to his ramblings about people being made priests and emperors, but she could not shake the image of being sacrificed out of her mind. That cliff jump was oddly looking very appealing. If only she could use her legs.

They eventually arrived at a ruined city and as she looked around, she knew she was never going to be able to get away. There were lots of soldiers and people in strange robes, who all seemed obsessed with her being a ‘Blessed One’. She perked up as one of the men stated that she was going to be listened to, maybe she could persuade them that they were mistaken about her. She had done nothing wrong, she had never wished ill on anyone, her only sin had been coveting the life she had read about in her book.

As he carried her to the tunnels that had been mentioned, she gathered the courage to ask a question. “Fa-Tev,” she said, using his name for the first time. “What is a Blessed One? And why do you think I am one?” She suddenly missed her mother and she wanted her to be holding her right then, telling her that everything would be okay. “And what are they going to teach me?” She was so confused and that scared her. “I…I don’t know what this is all about. I just want to go home. I want my mother.” She raised her hands to her face and this time, she actually cried openly.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Sun May 13, 2012 8:46 pm

"A Blessed One is one of the few , that "The Master" gives great power to in exchange for the furtherance of his goals." Fa-Tev answered "I know you are one because you have rings in your eyes that 1 out of a billion have. When exposed to Feska you cough and your your throat runs dry. Most people weep when they smell it and their eyes turn red , but your eyes didn't mind it at all."

He stepped into the tunnel and walked down the corridors. It was bright enoght to see and manly laughter was heard. His voice lowered and a single tear ran down his face. He had not cried since he lost everything and wasn't the type of person who did it often.

"If I hadn't grabbed you , both of you would be dead by the same hand." He sadly stated "However I at least was able to save you. I know this doesn't mean much , but even thou your mother wasn't a believer she was given a place to dwell in the world beyond."

He put her down when they got to a well lit room , got down to her level , and looked her in the eyes.

"I want you to listen to me when I say this." He ordered "Your Mom was destined to die by rape by Doran after that city was bombed to the ground. I changed her fate to being strangled to death by a clueless Doran. However she died instantly the second he tried to strangle her , but as she was plucked out of her skin she shook. Doran thinks he strangled her to death and he was won over her , but actually she died painlessly and is being tended to."

He then dipped his hand in a red paint and smeared some on her cheeks horizontally.

"Do you know why you were designed to be a leader of men?" He asked "Your a kind and joyful person who had their life turned upside-down. The rest of us have lived with hate in our hearts since we were born , but you are feeling it just now. You have good intentions and a clear soul free of guilt. You are being forced to give up your old life and struggle with the rest of us to make life worth living again.That is what I meant by sacrifice."

He then rose his voice and leaned her against a wall so she could stand.

"When you are given power over life and death." He started "Would you let Doran live? Or would you grab all you could and bash it against his skull till he died?

He then calmed his voice and stared at the wall.

"If one person wants to kill him , chances are it's you." Fa-Tev pointed out "If anyone deserves to kill him , it's you. So when our gracious master picked someone to do the job , who else would he pick but you."

He then showed her a pill and looked her in the eyes again.

"One of these will send you so far from here , your body will never be the same. Your personality will be gone , but your knowledge will remain. When this is all done , you can take this if you refuse to be live this life. I swear I will give you one of these in three days if you really wish to escape this."

Then he pulled out a small sack and poured a dash of powder onto his hand. He took some of it and looked back at her.

"This herb removes fear and focuses the mind for a few hours." He said with a straight face "This will clear your mind of what bothers you and let you focus on something. You won't be scared or depressed , you'll be to busy planning to take what you want."

He then sat down next to her and stared at the ground , thinking of the coming days. He then looked at her and asked a question.

"Do you want your power now or after asking me questions?" He asked "I have a herb on me that would put me in a question answering trance? I wouldn't take it for anybody else , but I would if you asked me to. You could ask anything you wished to know and I would answer you."
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Sun May 13, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gehenna Tartarus
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Gehenna Tartarus » Sun May 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Grellia was still not sure what Fa-Tev meant by his description of a Blessed One, because she did not know what she could do to help further anyone’s goals. Why the master had chosen her, she had no idea, but he had and there seemed to be nothing she could do about it. These people seemed to think she was something special, who was she to argue with them? Maybe that was the reason she had found the book, to put her one some kind of path. Not that these people were like the people in the pages, they looked to be in no better state than the Valmorians were.

She had seen the tear when he had seated her down and she felt for a moment the sadness he was feeling, and at first his words did not register in her head, but as he continued to speak, she almost turned to stone, staring ahead, not at him but through him. As if she was seeing what he was describing but not really believing it. Her eyes focused on his face, shock evident on her features.

“My mother is…” She could not bring herself to say the word. Surely she had misunderstood what he was saying. Her mother was back at home, waiting for her to come back from her walk. She would be looked out of the door every now and then, gazing up the street waiting until she saw her. There would be anger in her face, but relief in her eyes when she saw her daughter appear at the end of the road. She would pretend to be mad, but she would always forgive her.

As he painted her face, she once more began to cry, this time the pain was so much stronger than it had been as she faced her own Fate. He had killed her mother. She had nothing left, Hannah was the only person in her life, what was there to go home for. She wanted to kill him, yes, she wanted to take his life in exchange for her mother’s but…her mother had always taught her that it was wrong. She had wanted to kill the man who had robbed her of her brother, but her mother had wrapped her arms around her and wiped away her tears. You must leave it to God to judge man, it is not your place to do so, she had said. It was out of the blue and Grellia had no idea where it had come from and she was not sure her mother did either, it was one of those things that was passed down from generation to generation.

“I don’t think I can,” she mumbled, not really feeling anything at that moment. Anger was bound to come, but at that time, she felt nothing. The day just felt so unreal.

She looked at the pill in his hand and then at his face. “I do not need your pill nor do I require your powder. I just want some time to myself.” She had just lost her mother, she deserved to be mourned. Despite what had happened, Grellia felt oddly calm, as if she was no longer the fifteen year old that had gone into the wood to read her book, she felt like someone new.

“May I have my book?” She looked him directly in the eyes, her own showing a warmth that he had not seen during the time they had been together. “And then I would like to tell me everything about what is going to happen and what is expected of me.” She patted the space beside her, inviting him to sit with her.

Doppio Giudici
Senator

Postby Doppio Giudici » Sun May 13, 2012 11:16 pm

He reached into his pack and handed Grellia her book. He then nodded and sat beside her. For a few seconds he thought of taking the truth telling powder ,but he decided he didn't need it.

"This has happened before , but now it will happen differently." he said "Last time my people fled "The Dark One's" followers and hide somewhere. We decided our only hope was to fight and attacked with all we had. However the enemy was to strong and we were doomed to die. Then something we never expected happened. A large army marched to our last stand and fought them off bravely. They then armed us with great spears and good armor of bronze. We then fought against our foe as one , overwhelming them with great force."

He then reached into his pouch and pulled out a pair of shoulder-pads. He then put them on and adjusted them as he spoke.

"I used to be a great warrior , but I lost the will to live until I was offered the payment I needed." He admitted " I need someone to give me something to fight for again and to inspire men to fight beside me. I am nothing unless I have something to protect and I deem you worth protecting. So I ask that you take what power is given to you and channel it into those around you. The power of a "Blessed One" can make a tired and worn army into a force to be feared by all."

He then looked in his bag and showed a necklace to her. It wore a rune on it that all the nearby cultures once adopted as a written word. The rune used to roughly mean the word "daughter" , but now was kept in the languages for when someone wanted to adopt someone. He then offered the necklace to her and watched her react. Then he looked at the adjacent wall and kept talking.

"I know you look at us and see a empty void , but you misunderstand us." He said "When we wake up , it's a rush to know that you are fighting for a just cause. It's like nothing you have ever experienced before and something I have began to feel again thanks to you. When I spoke to the prophet across the ocean , he told me of what his people did for others. They had fought endless waves of aggression without fear , losing millions in the process and waking up to a scorched landscape. However a single man told them they had a grand purpose , to fight for a brighter future for us all. His people then rebuilt everything in just 20 years and went back to fighting off the hordes. Then recently they had several brutal wars and a difficult change of direction from hunting evil , to protecting good."

He then looked up and remembered what else the man had said

"He then told me of how he was bitter and mentally crushed by all he lost." He stated "His people had to drug him to get him to sleep. After that point he said he had began to see what good he did finally and explained what he had created. He used to be really nothing but a hardened and guilty soldier , who tried to redeem himself by endless labor . He had fought his entire life to keep his people safe and fought to keep them human. His master didn't care what terrible things he had done for the greater good , but rather thanked him for his sacrifices and blessed him.This prophet only needed to know his fighting meant something. I think that is why he sent me to protect you, to make me feel like my life meant something."

He then looked at her and finished with a question

"If you could speak to him in your dreams and see what another prophet is like, would you do it?" He asked
Last edited by Doppio Giudici on Sun May 13, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vadia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vadia » Mon May 14, 2012 7:33 am

Henry and his men were nearing the location and were fully armed. They had equipped body armor , night-vision goggles , and webbing as planned. They had awoken in camouflage and already had their faces painted. They looked like your average group of war-criminals turned into strike-team. As the boat kept going forward , they began to see the island ahead. It was dark , but they could tell that the first few miles they would travel would be beach. Each of them took the pills and herbs they had on them.

A great clarity overwhelmed them , all that mattered was "The Cause". They arranged themselves into fire-teams of 5 and decided who had what rank. Soon it would be time to get off and began to attack. As the boat got closer and closer , they waited and watched.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents