NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Commend The NationStates Community

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Conglomerate
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Conglomerate » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Eist wrote:I will be voting AGAINST this commendation, because NS Community has not done anything worthwhile (let alone commendation worthy) in NS.

The IPO was fun, and that's about it. To commend this NS Community cheapens the commendations that have been issued to the more deserving nations before it.

I disagree with your assumption that bringing together many of the nations on NationStates in order to gain more shares in the IPO then Max Barry wasn't "anything worthwhile."

The fact that we did this in a democratic fashion absent of serious infighting is significant as well.
Current WA Delegate of The NationStates Community.

Danatova
Civilian

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Danatova » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Firmly against.

The NationStates Community, and all who aided it, are damned traitors to His Eternal Majesty, Our Lord and Master, Max Barry. Indeed, to vote for such a proposal would be an overt act of treason!

Wamitoria
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wamitoria » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Danatova wrote:Firmly against.

The NationStates Community, and all who aided it, are damned traitors to His Eternal Majesty, Our Lord and Master, Max Barry. Indeed, to vote for such a proposal would be an overt act of treason!

Max Barry gave The NationStates Community his shares...
Wonder where all the good posters went? Look no further!

Hurry, before the Summer Nazis show up again!

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:04 pm

The Ambassador has indicated his vote FOR.
The experience definitely deserves commendation.
The NationStates Community by extension includes all that was involved, and the effort that it took.
Its quite a unique resolution, that's for sure. But I don't think because of that it deserves to get defeated.

By looking at the events that happened, it was quite an impressive display and coordinated event.
Just like any other event that deserves commendation, this one definitely deserves it.
Let beauty and creativity reign throughout the universe,
Preserve the sublime equilibrium of nature,
Find enlightenment through the doors of perception,
An it harm none, do what thou wilt,
Respect yourself, respect all life, celebrate oneness with the universe.
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
Factbook Entry

Tibberiria
Attaché

Founded: Nov 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tibberiria » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:58 pm

A mean old man wrote:Meh. April Fools was fun, but nah.

This.

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Tibberiria wrote:
A mean old man wrote:Meh. April Fools was fun, but nah.

This.

But... why not? I think what they did was pretty exceptional.
Factbook Entry

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:07 pm

Voted against, I gave my shares, but this wasn't earned. Fun day, but not commendation worthy. They got recognition from Max on a news story most of NS will at least glance at (to make the (1) go away :P ) isn't that good enough?
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Weed wrote:Voted against, I gave my shares, but this wasn't earned. Fun day, but not commendation worthy. They got recognition from Max on a news story most of NS will at least glance at (to make the (1) go away :P ) isn't that good enough?

Could be argued.
Although it was mentioned by Max, the entire action could be given in-character commendation and recognition.
It was definitely one for the history books.
Factbook Entry

Triganor
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Triganor » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:41 pm

as last contributor to the NationsStates Community and after sending a message to them to realize a merging with Texas ... and considering that Texas has misllead us all by his greedy behavior to achieve the goal, i strongly commends and support the NationStates community who understand well the goals of the I.P.O. and promote it democraticaly all along the day ... well done NationStates Community and all the contributors ! :clap:
Last edited by Triganor on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senatus populusque Triganorum
The Great Union of Empires

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Triganor wrote:as last contributor to the NationsStates Community and after sending a message to them to realize a merging with Texas ... and considering that Texas has misllead us all by his greedy behavior to achieve the goal, i strongly commends and support the NationStates community who understand well the goals of the I.P.O. and promote it democraticaly all along the day ... well done NationStates Community and all the contributors ! :clap:

The grammar and spelling in this post is absolutely horrible. Anyway, Texas did not mislead anyone. Your poorly worded statement is completely baseless.

Topid
Last edited by Weed on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Far Rayeal
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 24, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Far Rayeal » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Yes
Zephie wrote:If it's not a human life developing in the womb, WHAT IS IT? A pokemon?

IshCong wrote:With enough alcohol anything is possible.

Former Wellboneland wrote:"Blah blah."
~C.S. Lewis.

1ear1 wrote: the romans were bad because they were pedophiles
FanTech
RP population: 2,749,000
Economic Left/Right: -7.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59

Threat rating: NORMAL CYAN MAGENTA PURPLE

Ruzan
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 15, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruzan » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:18 pm

For! Getting that many nations to work for a common goal has never happened before, and might never happen again. IMO, it's worth a commendation.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:39 pm

It was an example of mob mentality. People felt like beating Max's 25 million shares and dumped their own into the highest holder. The fact that its name was eventually "The NationStates Community" certainly helped. We all knew it was an April 1 event and that the stocks would go away when the day was over and figured "what the fuck, why not?" It wasn't that amazing.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:44 pm

A mean old man wrote:It was an example of mob mentality. People felt like beating Max's 25 million shares and dumped their own into the highest holder. The fact that its name was eventually "The NationStates Community" certainly helped. We all knew it was an April 1 event and that the stocks would go away when the day was over and figured "what the fuck, why not?" It wasn't that amazing.

There was a lot of drama in the IPO that revolved around individuals coming to terms with sacrificing their shares on an individual's basis, far removed from just mindless mob mentalities.
Last edited by Unibot II on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 pm

I agree the unified purpose was not as grand as many make it out to be. But in a community where there are so many factions that want so little to do with each other (raiders, defenders, intfeds, natsovs, conservatives, liberals, etc) I was a bit surprised that personal conflicts and ideological boundaries didn't get in the way much.
[violet] wrote:You are definitely not genial.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Unibot II wrote:There was a lot of drama in the IPO that revolved around individuals coming to terms with sacrificing their shares on an individual's basis, far removed from just mindless mob mentalities.

So are we commending "The NationStates Community" or back-patting the comparatively few individuals who could get over themselves and toss in their shares?
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:41 pm

A mean old man wrote:
Unibot II wrote:There was a lot of drama in the IPO that revolved around individuals coming to terms with sacrificing their shares on an individual's basis, far removed from just mindless mob mentalities.

So are we commending "The NationStates Community" or back-patting the comparatively few individuals who could get over themselves and toss in their shares?

But that's just it, the individual became part of a greater whole. Like the actual NationStates community, a bunch of diverse people came under one banner collectively to contribute to a pretty awesome thing. Its certainly a unique event that one can't compare to traditional commend or condemn events in the Security Council, but I definitely think that the actions of those that got involved with this is worth commending.
Factbook Entry

Jaggeria
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jaggeria » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:58 pm

The main reason we, the people from Jaggeria, approve of this is mainly in hopes to sway Max into making it a new permanent feature, adding an economic dynamic to this game will revitalize this game in a way that would help drive up activity levels across Nationstates, and have more impact on regions directly so not everything is done off-site and usually done in a complicated fashion that discourages activity.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:01 pm

Jaggeria wrote:The main reason we, the people from Jaggeria, approve of this is mainly in hopes to sway Max into making it a new permanent feature, adding an economic dynamic to this game will revitalize this game in a way that would help drive up activity levels across Nationstates, and have more impact on regions directly so not everything is done off-site and usually done in a complicated fashion that discourages activity.

Yeahh, somehow I don't think that's how he would interpret the passing of this proposal...but hey, go for it.
[violet] wrote:Congratulations to Crushing Our Enemies for making the first ever purchase. :)

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Out of curiosity.....what was The Nationstates Community doing in Corporate Profit Alliance 95 days ago?
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Improving Wordiness wrote:Out of curiosity.....what was The Nationstates Community doing in Corporate Profit Alliance 95 days ago?

That coincides precisely with the liberation of CPA from... Damn what was his name... really nice guy... Anyways UDL liberation. Probably Mahaj's puppet.

EDIT: Yeah I just remembered. That was a weird one. Raiders moved in really early, Mahaj dumped his puppet in there and we moved in and endo'd him. He had to go, but the next morning he never came online to boot the raiders. They reinforced, and took the region at the minor update. UDL forces including myself (Although probably not Mahaj) then responded by liberating the region at the major update. So the NS Community may very well have been part of a successful turned failed defense :p

DOUBLE EDIT: TBH was uninvolved in the situation as far as I remember, the lead was from... Democratium? Maybe? So Mahaj must have plunked him down in TBH main region just to have a nation there for whatever reason.
Last edited by Mallorea and Riva on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Major Recruitment
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Major Recruitment » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Improving Wordiness wrote:Out of curiosity.....what was The Nationstates Community doing in Corporate Profit Alliance 95 days ago?

That coincides precisely with the liberation of CPA from... Damn what was his name... really nice guy... Anyways UDL liberation. Probably Mahaj's puppet.

Switz, who was quite nice and joined #udl to congratulate us on the liberation.

- Unibot

Improving Wordiness
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Improving Wordiness » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:10 am

So it is a UDL controlled nation?
Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'm a massive tool. ;)

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:15 am

Improving Wordiness wrote:So it is a UDL controlled nation?

Presumably it was controlled by Mahaj at one point. Whether he maintains control over it now is something I'm not sure of. I would assume that Earth has control over the nation now. Either way, controlled by a UDL member, but obviously not active currently in military action.
Major Recruitment wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:That coincides precisely with the liberation of CPA from... Damn what was his name... really nice guy... Anyways UDL liberation. Probably Mahaj's puppet.

Switz, who was quite nice and joined #udl to congratulate us on the liberation.

- Unibot

Ahhhh yes, Switz.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Crushing Our Enemies
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Crushing Our Enemies » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:16 am

It is currently under the exclusive control of Lyanna Stark. In the past, it has been used by Mahaj for whatever he wanted to do with it. Looks like that includes at least one liberation, and a brief visit to TBH. Regardless, it has changed hands and purposes since then, and both of those occurrences are irrelevant to the proposal.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives