NATION

PASSWORD

Battletech OOC/Registration (Still open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Should we end the Sim?

End the Sim, we've already won anyway.
43%
Lets keep it going I want to kick some more simulated asses.
24%
Doesn't matter to me.
10%
Do we refer to a lance of Jenners as a Bruce?
24%

Total votes : 21

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Battletech OOC/Registration (Still open)

Postby SaintB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:18 pm

IC Chapter I
IC Chapter II

The year is 3067, the FedCom civil war has just ended and what usually passes as peace has settled over the Inner Sphere. The mercenary company known as Gun Special Squadrons is recruiting new members and has a keen interest in picking up freelance Mechwarriors to help them complete contracts within the Taurian Concordat. The Word of Blake, a splinter sect of the massive political, religious, and corporate entity known as ComStar which oversees and maintains the entire galactic communications network is even now beginning its opening moves to launch a Jihad which will launch the entire Galaxy into another massive war... a war where highly skilled mercenaries will be the difference between galactic subjugation or freedom.

Gun Special Squadrons is a Mercenary Company formed at the beginning of the Fedcom Civil War and consists mostly of former soldiers from The Free Worlds League and Federated Suns. During the war the company made a name for itself running reconnaissance and raid missions deep into Lyran and Capellan territory and earned a B+ from the Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission by the end of the conflict. With the war over Gun Special Squadrons has landed a new contract with the Taurian Concordat and wants to expand to a second battalion of troops - Bear's Brigade will be commanded and organized by Lt. Colonel Dave Wild (Call sign Gun Bear) second in command and one of the most experienced warriors in the company. Interested parties should apply at the MRBC on the world of Outreach.

Some Rules
1. You must have a Mechwarrior character, you may have a secondary character that is of a different specialization if I approve.
2. If you opt to have Vehicle of your own please pick a 'mech with a BV of 1,400 or less that is be available technology at the beginning of the Jihad Era (3067)

Should be mostly self explanatory. I would like to note that even if you have no experience with Battletech I won't disqualify you.
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Call Sign:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Specialty:[/b] ('Mechwarrior, Aerospace, etc)
[b]Description or Photograph:[/b]
[b]Biographical Information:[/b]
[b]Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind?[/b]
[b]Personal Equipment[/b]
[b]OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech?[/b]

Registered Mechwarriors
Gun Bear - Dave Wild -SaintB
Andromeda - Julius Warren - Strykla
Dragon - Katherine Fuego - Junii
TimberWolf - James Callahan - Hardened Pyrokinetics
Ronin - Artemis Storm - Northern Dominus
Priest - Walther Alschittle - Occupied Deutschland
Open
Open
Open
Open
Open
Open

Registered Support Personnel
GM/Seb - Sebastion Steele - Junii (Technician)
Talon - Major William Fletcher - Hardened Pyrokinetics (Dropship Pilot/Commander)
Duke - Major Rau von der Teufel - Strykla (BattleArmor/Commander)

Sub RPs That's right, SUB-Role Plays.
GSS Memory Core Characters share their back stories and personal experiences for posterity, just in case the worst happens.

IC part B A second freeform style RP for those poor souls who don't get a battlemech. OP'd by the one and only Strykla.
Last edited by SaintB on Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 26 times in total.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Harkonna
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkonna » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:38 pm

Name:Natalie Sahreah Callahan
Call Sign: Ripper
Specialty: 'MechWarrior

Description or Photograph: http://www.starwars-holonet.com/holonet ... _daala.jpg

Biographical Information: Formerly a Heavy 'MechWarrior in the LAAF, Callahan was forcible expelled due to her 'situationally compromised' nature as a Clan-phile. This became immediately apparent during her first and last term of active frontline service in the Clan Wars with the LAAF. Numerous missions were supposedly compromised due to her tendency to fight on the Clanner's terms, culminating in her engagement, and claiming of Star Captain Halthus Lafayette as a bondsman for her immediate superior. Her reputation with clan-affiliated mercenary units such as the Wolf's Dragoons increased drastically, and even local Clan forces began to respect and fear her on the battlefield- as much as a trueborn could fear or respect a freeborn. However, the LAAF was less than impressed with her 'antics,' and dishonorably expelled her from the Lyran Alliance Armed Forces. In desperation, Callahan used her stockpiled assets and salaries to purchase a light 'Mech, signing on with the Wolf's Dragoons, carving a name for herself in the Inner Sphere during the Fedcom civil war. Eventually, however, she resigned her post within the Dragoons amicably, and began seeking employment with a smaller independent entity- looking for a lance or company field command role to fill.

Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? [I am currently in possession of a Blackjack II Custom Build 50 Ton OmniMech]

(9TNs [270pts] Ferro-Fibrous Armour
HD 9pts
RA 30
LA 30
TSO 45
LTSO 36
RTSO 36
REAR 12
RL 36
LL 36
-----
Armed with;
1x RAC/5 (2TNs Ammo) | Right Arm
1x LRM/20 (2TNs Ammo) | Right Torso
1x SRM/6 (1TN Ammo) | Left Torso
3x ER MedLas | Left Arm
1x Double Heatsink
-----
77.6KPH Speed)

Personal Equipment; High quality maintenance equipment and mobile personal bunk supplies.

OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? [I have limited experience with the tabletop, but have played/beaten MechCommander I and II on their hardest difficulties, MechWarior III and its expansions on the same, and ditto with MechWarrior IV.]
Last edited by Harkonna on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 12 times in total.
The Great and Mighty Frances Callahan, Glorious Leader of Callahan's Wild Cards, Loyal TR Soldier, and a Potato Aficionado. (Also a woman.)

The Mighty Islands
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Mighty Islands » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Name: Septimus Wilmot
Call Sign: September or Sept (pronounced set)
Specialty: 'Mechwarrior
Description or Photograph: http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/ ... me-guy.jpg
Biographical Information: A former Clan warrior from the Snow Raven Clan. As the seventh and youngest son in his family, he was always treated as the family baby. After trying to prove himself time and time again, he grew frustrated and fled his family. After spending many years roaming the galaxy with Mercenaries, he found Gun Special Squadrons. He arrived with his own 'mech, salvaged from the battlefield after killing the pilot in a single shot to the head that blew it apart. Claiming the 'mech as his spoils of war, he spent all of his pay to fix it, and has yet to use it in combat, despite his many years of 'mech combat. He is very determined to prove himself on the battlefield, a psychological impact from the many years in his family.
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Yes. An Avatar http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Avatar_%28OmniMech%29
Personal Equipment: Personal light battle armor suit, a Katana and basic maintenance equipment.
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? I have played the tabletop game quite a bit, I know the general rules, and have built many of my own combat mechs and aerospace fighters.
Last edited by The Mighty Islands on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Strykla
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:48 pm

Name: Julius Warren
Call Sign: Andromeda
Specialty: Mechwarrior, battlearmor(to a lesser extent)
Description or Photograph: Appearence
Biographical Information: Julius Warren has a hard-on for big stuff. Friendly but professional, he has found his way around a few worlds and fought his share of battles. However, his combat experience comes from his time in the Federated Commonwealth infantry, operating a Cavalier battle armor. He has kept his battle armor after serving for several years and recently purchased an Osiris battlemech. Julius is most happy when shots are exploding - He always liked firecrackers as a small child and signed up during the Civil War under Victor Steiner-Davion.
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Osiris Battlemech, Cavalier battle armor
Osiris systems:
3x ER Medium lasers
1x SRM-4
1x RAC/2
3x 'King David' Gauss Rifles
4x Rawlings 61 Jump Jets
5 Tonnes/FF armor
Personal Equipment Nutt'n worth mentioning
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? Mostly MW4 and expansion packs. Some Mechcommander experience. Also, read lots of the Dark Age novels.
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

Arkotania
Minister

Founded: Sep 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkotania » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:30 pm

Name:Brian Arkton
Call Sign:Moros
Specialty:Mech Warrior
Description or Photograph:
Biographical Information:
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind?Crusader Battlemech
Personal Equipment
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech?Zip,Zero,Nada(though i read some of the wikia, if that counts)

*An incomplete registration but also a claim/tag. Will finish totally when time permits.*
Mostly back from a long hiatus from the forums
Arkania 5 wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Matt Ward

No.

Nononononononononono

Gauthier wrote:
Arkotania wrote:
Then your testicles become strange tentacles.

And then you make films in Japan.

Ovisterra wrote:
Oceanic people wrote:where lives are at steak

I try not to point out people's spelling errors all the time, but this one was brilliant.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:
Arkotania wrote:Or maybe NS is also a degraded society.

This. Definitely this.

Neo Arcad wrote:
Qatarab(Arkotania Puppet) wrote:Where's my torch? Time to burn some courts down.

Oh, you crazy Muslim you!

Death World Krieg
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death World Krieg » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:53 pm

Name:Duke Krieg
Call Sign:Tex
Specialty: ('Mechwarrior, Aerospace, etc) Mechwarrior

Biographical Information: Duke grew up on a small Agricultural world that is where he piloted his first mech. He piloted a a farming mech in his younger days and was eventually lucky enough to get accepted to New Avalon Military Academy he was reasonably average in the academic portion but he excelled as a Mechwarrior. During the Fedcom Civil War he fought for Victor Steiner-Davion as a loyalist working as a scout in his custom Commando which he was allowed to keep after the war ended. Once the war ended he Signed in to GSS having been fed up with military life.
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Commando 5s Custom 'Blitzkrieg':
Devices: Small Cockpit, Endo Steel Chasis, Extra Light Engine
Weapons: Left Torso SRM 6, Right Arm SSRM 4 (extra ammo), RIght Arm Light Vibroblade, Left Arm Md. Pulse Laser
Armor: Standard 5 tons
Personal EquipmentBowie Knife(Passed down through family for generations considered good luck), Automatic pistol with 5 total mags 20 rounds each
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? None at all :p
Last edited by Death World Krieg on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Founded: May 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:07 pm

[baleeted]
Last edited by Hardened Pyrokinetics on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

Galloism wrote:I bet it takes a lot of weed to get stoned to death.

New Manvir wrote:Canada: We have flying bears.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:... He's twenty.

He's also a moron.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Harkonna wrote:Name:Natalie Sahreah Callahan
Call Sign: Ripper
Specialty: 'MechWarrior

Description or Photograph: http://www.starwars-holonet.com/holonet ... _daala.jpg

Biographical Information: Formerly a Heavy 'MechWarrior in the LAAF, Callahan was forced into retirement due to her 'compromised' nature as a Clan-phile that was immediately apparent during her term of service in the Clan Wars. Numerous missions were supposedly compromised due to her tendency to fight on the Clanner's terms, culminating in her engagement, and claiming of Star Captain Halthus Lafayette as a bondsman for her immediate superior. Her reputation with mercenary units such as the Wolf's Dragoons increased, and even local Clan forces respected and feared her- as much as one could fear or respect a freeborn. However, the LAAF was less than impressed. In response, Callahan used her stockpiled assets and salaries to purchase a light 'Mech, and signed on with the Wolf's Dragoons, carving a name for herself in the Inner Sphere. Eventually, however, she resigned her post within the Dragoons amicably, and began seeking employment with a smaller entity- seeking a lance or company field command role.

Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? [I am currently in possession of a Blackjack II Custom Build OmniMech]

(9TNs [270pts] Ferro-Fibrous Armour
HD 9pts
RA 30
LA 30
TSO 45
LTSO 36
RTSO 36
REAR 12
RL 36
LL 36
-----
Armed with;
1x RAC/5 (2TNs Ammo) [CASE] | Right Arm
1x LRM/20 (2TNs Ammo) [CASE] | Right Torso
1x SRM/6 (1TN Ammo) | Left Torso
3x ER MedLas | Left Arm
1x Double Heatsink
-----
77.6KPH Speed)

Personal Equipment; High quality maintenance equipment and mobile personal bunk supplies.

OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? [I have limited experience with the tabletop, but have played/beaten MechCommander I and II on their hardest difficulties, MechWarior III and its expansions on the same, and ditto with MechWarrior IV.]

As discussed in IRC, this is fine once the CASE is removed (a little over 50 tons). Accepted
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:44 pm

The Mighty Islands wrote:Name: Septimus Wilmot
Call Sign: September or Sept (pronounced set)
Description or Photograph: http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k155/ ... me-guy.jpg
Biographical Information: A former Clan warrior from the Snow Raven Clan. As the seventh and youngest son in his family, he was always treated as the family baby. After trying to prove himself time and time again, he grew frustrated and fled his family. After spending many years roaming the galaxy with Mercenaries, he found Gun Special Squadrons. He arrived with his own 'mech, salvaged from the battlefield after killing the pilot in a single shot to the head that blew it apart. Claiming the 'mech as his spoils of war, he spent all of his pay to fix it, and has yet to use it in combat, despite his many years of 'mech combat. He is very determined to prove himself on the battlefield, a psychological impact from the many years in his family.
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Yes. An Avatar http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Avatar_%28OmniMech%29
Personal Equipment: Personal light battle armor suit, a Katana and basic maintenance equipment.
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? I have played the tabletop game quite a bit, I know the general rules, and have built many of my own combat mechs and aerospace fighters.

Accepted

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Strykla wrote:Name: Julius Warren
Biographical Information: Julius Warren has a hard-on for big stuff. Friendly but professional, he has found his way around a few worlds and fought his share of battles. However, his combat experience comes from his time in the Federated Commonwealth infantry, operating a Cavalier battle armor. He has kept his battle armor after serving for several years and recently purchased an Osiris battlemech. Julius is most happy when shots are exploding - He always liked firecrackers as a small child and signed up during the Civil War under Victor Steiner-Davion.
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Osiris Battlemech, Cavalier battle armor
Osiris systems:
3x ER Medium lasers
1x SRM-4
1x RAC/2
4x Rawlings 61 Jump Jets
5 Tonnes/FF armor
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? Mostly MW4 and expansion packs. Some Mechcommander experience. Also, read lots of the Dark Age novels.

One thing, are you sure you want to mount infantry weapons on your Osiris?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Arkotania wrote:Name:Brian Arkton
Call Sign:Moros
Specialty:Mech Warrior
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind?Crusader Battlemech
Personal Equipment
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech?Zip,Zero,Nada(though i read some of the wikia, if that counts)

*An incomplete registration but also a claim/tag. Will finish totally when time permits.*

Get this done and you'll be ok. You can PM any questions.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:07 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Name: James Callahan
Call Sign: TimberWolf
Specialty: MechWarrior
Description or Photograph: Short brown hair and goatee, green eyes, white skin. 5'10'', 250lbs. Generally wears a full-face helmet connected to his tactical display and comm, black boots, slacks, a brown webbed belt with holsters for his revolver and flashlight and extra ammunition, batteries, and food pouches, t-shirt, and black/red tiger stripe flak vest.
Biographical Information: Born on Solaris VII, James made his living in the Arenas. Starting at age 15 with a rusted old Flea, he slowly earned money, parts, and 'Mechs in both legal and illegal fights, but never seemed able to reach the top. He came close multiple times, but never managed it. After a truly painful loss that destroyed his hard-won Thor and nearly killed him, he battled back and eventually netted himself a Mad Cat Mark II. Customizing it to fit his abilities and style, James began to tire of the Arena life and being stuck on Solaris VII. He battled and lost to the mercenary up-and-comer Spectre in 3067, thankfully managing to save his 'Mech. Inspired by him, and with the FedCom Civil War ending, James contacted the Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission, looking to use his experience to explore the rest of the Inner Sphere...
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Civilian: Black/Dark Red Tiger Stripe Two-Seater Sports Car.
BattleMech: Mad Cat Mark II. Black/Dark Red Tiger Stripe paintjob. Loadout - Missile Rack: Clan Long Range Missile 20x2 (magazine: 80 each), Arms: Extended Range Large Pulse Laser x2, Torso: Clan Machine Gun x6 (magazine: 200 each). Accessories: Jump Jets, Electronic Counter Measures, Beagle Active Probe. Armour: Ferro Fibrosis. Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sinks x6, spread evenly throughout his torsos.
Personal Equipment: Chrome six-shot revolver, chrome LED flashlight, black/dark red tiger stripe helmet.
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries

You're good other than the 'Mech, a Mad Cat Mk.2 is about twice the BV cap I set. If you can pick something else...

JuNii
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby JuNii » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Name: Katherine Fuego
Call Sign: Gun Dragon
Specialty: Mechwarrior
Biographical Information: Katherine never knew her father, he died in the first years of the Civil War. she grew up a grease monkey's child (mother was a mech tech) so she knows her way around a mech. When the time came, and the call for the next generation of Mech Warriors were needed, she volunteered herself. She pilots her father's mech. the Warhammer 8D.
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Warhammer WHM-8D. (BV (1.0) = 1,396)
Personal Equipment Cooling vest, Side arm, SRM 2 launcher, Comm device, Vibro blade, First Aid Kit, Grenades.
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? Played the original board game, until the clan series. played mech warrior: Cresent Hawks Inception, Mechwarrior I, II, III

+++

Name: Sebastian "Seb" Steele
Call Sign: GM (Grease Monkey
Specialty: Mech Tech (repairs)
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_119/1170699669nOtxip.jpg
Biographical Information: Seb is the quintessential mechanic. if it's a machine, you'll see seb rooting around inside. He has a fondness for older equiptment and thus loves to work on Katherine's Warhammer. the two formed a relationship which lasts to this day.
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? [url=Jl100]http://www.sarna.net/wiki/JI100[/url]
Personal Equipment Tool kit.
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech?
Last edited by JuNii on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
on the other hand... I have another set of fingers.

Unscramble these words...1) PNEIS. 2)HTIELR 3) NGGERI 4) BUTTSXE
1) SPINE. 2) LITHER 3)GINGER 4)SUBTEXT

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Death World Krieg wrote:Name:Duke Krieg
Call Sign:Tex
Specialty: ('Mechwarrior, Aerospace, etc) Mechwarrior
Biographical Information: Duke grew up on a small Agricultural world that is where he piloted his first mech. He piloted a a farming mech in his younger days and was eventually lucky enough to get accepted to New Avalon Military Academy he was reasonably average in the academic portion but he excelled as a Mechwarrior. During the Fedcom Civil War he fought for Victor Steiner-Davion as a loyalist working as a scout in his custom Commando which he was allowed to keep after the war ended. Once the war ended he Signed in to GSS having been fed up with military life.
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Commando 5s Custom 'Blitzkrieg':
Devices: Small Cockpit, Endo Steel Chasis, Extra Light Engine
Weapons: Left Torso SRM 6, Right Arm SSRM 4 (extra ammo), RIght Arm Light Vibroblade, Left Arm Md. Pulse Laser
Armor: Standard 5 tons
Personal EquipmentBowie Knife(Passed down through family for generations considered good luck)
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? None at all :p

Accepted

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:16 pm

SaintB wrote:
Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Name: James Callahan
Description or Photograph: Short brown hair and goatee, green eyes, white skin. 5'10'', 250lbs. Generally wears a full-face helmet connected to his tactical display and comm, black boots, slacks, a brown webbed belt with holsters for his revolver and flashlight and extra ammunition, batteries, and food pouches, t-shirt, and black/red tiger stripe flak vest.
Biographical Information: Born on Solaris VII, James made his living in the Arenas. Starting at age 15 with a rusted old Flea, he slowly earned money, parts, and 'Mechs in both legal and illegal fights, but never seemed able to reach the top. He came close multiple times, but never managed it. After a truly painful loss that destroyed his hard-won Thor and nearly killed him, he battled back and eventually netted himself a Mad Cat Mark II. Customizing it to fit his abilities and style, James began to tire of the Arena life and being stuck on Solaris VII. He battled and lost to the mercenary up-and-comer Spectre in 3067, thankfully managing to save his 'Mech. Inspired by him, and with the FedCom Civil War ending, James contacted the Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission, looking to use his experience to explore the rest of the Inner Sphere...
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Civilian: Black/Dark Red Tiger Stripe Two-Seater Sports Car.
BattleMech: Mad Cat Mark II. Black/Dark Red Tiger Stripe paintjob. Loadout - Missile Rack: Clan Long Range Missile 20x2 (magazine: 80 each), Arms: Extended Range Large Pulse Laser x2, Torso: Clan Machine Gun x6 (magazine: 200 each). Accessories: Jump Jets, Electronic Counter Measures, Beagle Active Probe. Armour: Ferro Fibrosis. Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sinks x6, spread evenly throughout his torsos.
Personal Equipment: Chrome six-shot revolver, chrome LED flashlight, black/dark red tiger stripe helmet.

You're good other than the 'Mech, a Mad Cat Mk.2 is about twice the BV cap I set. If you can pick something else...

But I like the Mad Cat Mark II. ;^;

Guess I could downgrade to a simple Timber Wolf (including switching to ER Medium Pulse Lasers and just two machine guns) if you'll allow me to keep the jump jets, ECM, and BAP...

'sides, ya need at least one guy in a well-rounded Assault 'Mech, if for no other reason than to draw fire from the little guys.
Ankh Mauta
Pope Joan wrote:I had a client who stole the magnetic flashing light from the top of a police car.

It was parked in front of his house because they were asking his parents about his theft of 100 pounds of copper wire from the high school.

greed and death wrote:It is a sad day when we criticize the President for honoring a solider who gave everything for his nation.

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:22 pm

JuNii wrote:Name: Katherine Fuego
Call Sign: Gun Dragon
Specialty: Mechwarrior
(Image)
Biographical Information: Katherine never knew her father, he died in the first years of the Civil War. she grew up a grease monkey's child (mother was a mech tech) so she knows her way around a mech. When the time came, and the call for the next generation of Mech Warriors were needed, she volunteered herself. She pilots her father's mech. the Warhammer 8D.
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Warhammer WHM-8D. (BV (1.0) = 1,396)
Personal Equipment Cooling vest, Side arm, SRM 2 launcher, Comm device, Vibro blade, First Aid Kit, Grenades.
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? Played the original board game, until the clan series. played mech warrior: Cresent Hawks Inception, Mechwarrior I, II, III

+++

Name: Sebastian "Seb" Steele
Call Sign: GM (Grease Monkey
Specialty: Mech Tech (repairs)
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_119/1170699669nOtxip.jpg
Biographical Information: Seb is the quintessential mechanic. if it's a machine, you'll see seb rooting around inside. He has a fondness for older equiptment and thus loves to work on Katherine's Warhammer. the two formed a relationship which lasts to this day.
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? [url=Jl100]http://www.sarna.net/wiki/JI100[/url]
Personal Equipment Tool kit.
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech?

Both look ok to me. Accepted (this is going faster than I expected).

Morning Glory
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Morning Glory » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:52 pm

((Hoping that using a King Crab variant 1 BV over 1400 is alright. If not, I'll downgrade to a smaller mech.))

Name: Francisca Ostermann
Call Sign: Sunsetter
Specialty: Mechwarrior, former Infantry

A dark-skinned woman of average height and an athletic, well-muscled build, Fran is the consumate soldier. Dark brown hair is cropped to about an inch, and she is generally seen with a sweatband worn about her forehead. She has dark green eyes and generally wears a curt, businesslike expression and air. She has a scar across one thigh from a barbed wire incident back when she was in basic - other than that, she doesn't wear many war wounds. She has a tattoo on her left shoulderblade of an iron hammer crushing a sun into splinters.
Rarely seen outside of her pilot's jumpsuit, she favors very plain casual dress - a pair of comfort-fit slacks and a t-shirt or tank top, and maybe a zip-up hoodie. While in the jumpsuit, she generally has her rifle and sidearm close at hand - she carries them with her in the cockpit in case she has to abandon ship.

Fran Ostermann initially enlisted in the LAAF as an infantryman, and did a single tour of duty as such before qualifying for training as a MechWarrior, which put her entire career on a very different path. Proving adept at combat operations, her aggressive style of combat and tendency to favor heavy weapons soon saw her promoted to piloting Heavy class mechs. Over the course of her career in the LAAF, she piloted things across the board of weight classes, and participated in several operations that were decidedly Steiner in flavor - notably, two recon deployments in which she piloted an Atlas. Alongside other Atlases.
Well-regarded in the LAAF as a capable pilot, particularly in the Heavy and Super-Heavy weight classes, she was honorably discharged at the age of 35, having felt her time in the military coming to a close. A year and some of civilian life, however, proved she just wasn't cut out for life off the battlefield, and shortly before her 37th birthday she purchased a stripped-down King Crab and began looking for work as a mercenary.

Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? King Crab KGC-0000, 1401 BV
Personal Equipment Field survival kit, standard equipment (watch, lighter, flashlight, etc.), Bullpup Assault Rifle, Autopistol sidearm, combat knife.
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? I haven't ever actually played Battletech on the tabletop, but have dabbled with MegaMek a bit. I'm not really up on the real grit of the system though, and am not too familiar with the rules themselves except as conveyed by MegaMek. I tend to dig into systems pretty quick on the overall though.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Name: David Wild
Call Sign: Gun Bear
Description or Photograph: Dave earned his nickname Bear for being for lack of a better term: bearlike. Heavy, thick, and hairy. His hair is very red and grows thick on his body. The rumor surrounding how fast it grows is that he has a five o'clock shadow by noon. He only stands about 178 cm tall when he stands straight and usually walks and stands with a lazy looking hunch. His eyes are sharp and green and he can be very personable to people who treat him well.
Biographical Information: Being born into a military family in the Free World's League gave Dave lifelong access and experience with all sorts of vehicles including 'Mechs. While other kids played combat simulators young Dave was head first in actual working battlemechs and learning how they work, their, strengths, weaknesses, strategies, and of course how to use them. By 12 he was learning the art of how to control one of those gods of war; by 15 he went to a military school and was taught the basics of drill and combat; he was a shoe-in for his planet's Military College and graduated 3rd in his class in OCS and 2nd best in his Mechwarrior training at the age of 20.
His career as an officer in the League's military should have been rather dull and unexemplary but the onset of Operation Revival happened just weeks after he graduated. As a rookie officer thrown into a war against a far superior enemy Dave (now known as Bear) managed to make the best of a bad situation and claimed several minor victories and racking up a very respectable personal kill count by 'fighting dirty'. He never engaged the much more powerful Clan Omnimechs on open ground and engaged in hit and run guerrilla raids; even doing this he still personally lost 4 separate Battlmechs in the field and was eventually taken as a POW but his internment did not last for long before the Truce of Tukayyid was signed and ended the war. His remaining 8 years where spent mostly doing garrison duties on backwater planets as a 'reward' for his 2 years of constant warfare. In 3058 he resigned his commission and took on work as an adviser and test pilot for Corean Enterprises.
At the onset of the FedCom civil war him and a Co-Worker named Stacy Lane founded Gun Special Squadrons and the two have run the company together for the previous six years.
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Personalized Hellspawn "Lil' Darling"
Lil' Darling has several design changes that improve her functionality on the battlefield and sacrifice marginal firepower for a major increase in defense. The two LRM 10's have been replaced with a single LRM 15 mounted on the right torso with 2 tons of ammo that are protected by CASE. The standard 6.5 tons of Ferro Fibrous Armor have been replaced with 8.5 tons of Light Ferro Fibrous Armor which provide nearly the maximum amount of protection possible for a 45 ton 'mech, for protection from anti-mech infantry she mounts anti infantry pods on her legs. The jump jets, pulse laser trio, and Guardian ECM system are untouched.
Personal Equipment: Bear nearly always carries a stun stick and an auto pistol. On missions he keeps his battlemech stocked with a Federated Combat Carbine, a ballistic armored vest, plus an emergency medpack and survival kit in the case that he has to eject from his 'Mech in the field.
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? Years of playing both the tabletop and video game renditions of Battletech, looking forward to Mechwarrior online.
Last edited by SaintB on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strykla
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Strykla » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:26 am

SaintB wrote:
Strykla wrote:Name: Julius Warren
Osiris systems:
3x ER Medium lasers
1x SRM-4
1x RAC/2
4x Rawlings 61 Jump Jets
5 Tonnes/FF armor

One thing, are you sure you want to mount infantry weapons on your Osiris?

I'm sure. With a light mech like the Osiris, I'm taking whatever weapons it might carry. King David rifles can engage light armor well enough, and can do more than simple MGs.
Lord Justice Clerk of the Classical Royalist Party, NSG Senate. Hail, Companion!

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:36 pm

[baleeted]
Last edited by Hardened Pyrokinetics on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ankh Mauta

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:55 pm

Strykla wrote:
SaintB wrote:One thing, are you sure you want to mount infantry weapons on your Osiris?

I'm sure. With a light mech like the Osiris, I'm taking whatever weapons it might carry. King David rifles can engage light armor well enough, and can do more than simple MGs.

Then you're good.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Morning Glory wrote:((Hoping that using a King Crab variant 1 BV over 1400 is alright. If not, I'll downgrade to a smaller mech.))

Name: Francisca Ostermann
Call Sign: Sunsetter
Specialty: Mechwarrior, former Infantry

A dark-skinned woman of average height and an athletic, well-muscled build, Fran is the consumate soldier. Dark brown hair is cropped to about an inch, and she is generally seen with a sweatband worn about her forehead. She has dark green eyes and generally wears a curt, businesslike expression and air. She has a scar across one thigh from a barbed wire incident back when she was in basic - other than that, she doesn't wear many war wounds. She has a tattoo on her left shoulderblade of an iron hammer crushing a sun into splinters.
Rarely seen outside of her pilot's jumpsuit, she favors very plain casual dress - a pair of comfort-fit slacks and a t-shirt or tank top, and maybe a zip-up hoodie. While in the jumpsuit, she generally has her rifle and sidearm close at hand - she carries them with her in the cockpit in case she has to abandon ship.

Fran Ostermann initially enlisted in the LAAF as an infantryman, and did a single tour of duty as such before qualifying for training as a MechWarrior, which put her entire career on a very different path. Proving adept at combat operations, her aggressive style of combat and tendency to favor heavy weapons soon saw her promoted to piloting Heavy class mechs. Over the course of her career in the LAAF, she piloted things across the board of weight classes, and participated in several operations that were decidedly Steiner in flavor - notably, two recon deployments in which she piloted an Atlas. Alongside other Atlases.
Well-regarded in the LAAF as a capable pilot, particularly in the Heavy and Super-Heavy weight classes, she was honorably discharged at the age of 35, having felt her time in the military coming to a close. A year and some of civilian life, however, proved she just wasn't cut out for life off the battlefield, and shortly before her 37th birthday she purchased a stripped-down King Crab and began looking for work as a mercenary.

Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? King Crab KGC-0000, 1401 BV
Personal Equipment Field survival kit, standard equipment (watch, lighter, flashlight, etc.), Bullpup Assault Rifle, Autopistol sidearm, combat knife.
OOC: What experience do you have with Battletech? I haven't ever actually played Battletech on the tabletop, but have dabbled with MegaMek a bit. I'm not really up on the real grit of the system though, and am not too familiar with the rules themselves except as conveyed by MegaMek. I tend to dig into systems pretty quick on the overall though.

Just to be sure is this the one?:
KGC-0000 – The KGC-0000 is a downgraded version of the KGC-000. The 'Mech has sacrificed very little in this downgrade. The Ferro-Fibrous armor was replaced with standard armor and the CASE equipment was removed. This freed up an additional ton, which was used to add another ton of armor, bringing the armor protection almost in line with that of the KGC-000[7]. BV (1.0) = 1,401,

I'm a bit leery of letting a 100 ton Mech run amok this early but it does fall into the BV rating. Is the quoted variant correct?

Hardened Pyrokinetics
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Hardened Pyrokinetics » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:48 pm

Re-remade my app, now using a downgraded Mad Dog/Vulture. Expanded my bio, though, so overall a win:

Theme Song: Live Life - Crush 40
Name: James Callahan
Description or Photograph: Short brown hair and goatee, green eyes, white skin. 5'10'', 250lbs. Generally wears a full-face helmet connected to his tactical display and comm, black boots, slacks, a brown webbed belt with holsters for his revolver and flashlight and extra ammunition, batteries, and food pouches, t-shirt, and black/dark red tiger stripe flak vest.
Biographical Information: Born on Solaris VII, James made his living in the Arenas. Starting at age 15 with a rusted old Flea, he slowly earned money, parts, and 'Mechs in both legal and illegal fights, but never seemed able to reach the top. He was given the nickname "TimberWolf" after a member of the Wolf's Dragoons compared James to the Clan mech of the same name. He came close multiple times, but never managed it. After a truly painful loss that destroyed his hard-won Thor and nearly killed him, he battled back and eventually netted himself a Vulture. Customizing it as much as he could to fit his abilities and style, James began to tire of the Arena life and being stuck on Solaris VII. He battled and lost to the mercenary up-and-comer Spectre in 3067, managing to save his 'Mech but being forced to downgrade it significantly due to the damage. Inspired by him, and with the FedCom Civil War ending, James contacted the Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission, looking to use his experience to explore the rest of the Inner Sphere...
Do you own your own vehicle? If so what kind? Civilian: Antique Ferrari Mythos, with black retractable soft-top, black/dark red Tiger Stripe paintjob, and modified to take hemp-based ethanol as well as conventional gasoline. Top speed 290 km/h.
BattleMech: Vulture. Black/Dark Red Tiger Stripe paintjob. Loadout - Left and Right Torsos: Clan Long Range Missile 20 x4 (magazine: 40), Chin: Extended Range Small Pulse Laser x2, Arms: Clan Machine Gun x2 (magazine: 200). Armour: Light Vehicle. Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sinks x4, spread evenly throughout his torsos. Top Speed: 64 kilometers per hour.
Last edited by Hardened Pyrokinetics on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ankh Mauta

Olthar wrote:

He's also a moron.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Hardened Pyrokinetics wrote:Re-remade my app, now using a downgraded Mad Dog/Vulture. Expanded my bio, though, so overall a win:

Name: James Callahan
Description or Photograph: Short brown hair and goatee, green eyes, white skin. 5'10'', 250lbs. Generally wears a full-face helmet connected to his tactical display and comm, black boots, slacks, a brown webbed belt with holsters for his revolver and flashlight and extra ammunition, batteries, and food pouches, t-shirt, and black/dark red tiger stripe flak vest.
Biographical Information: Born on Solaris VII, James made his living in the Arenas. Starting at age 15 with a rusted old Flea, he slowly earned money, parts, and 'Mechs in both legal and illegal fights, but never seemed able to reach the top. He was given the nickname "TimberWolf" after a member of the Wolf's Dragoons compared James to the Clan mech of the same name. He came close multiple times, but never managed it. After a truly painful loss that destroyed his hard-won Thor and nearly killed him, he battled back and eventually netted himself a Vulture. Customizing it as much as he could to fit his abilities and style, James began to tire of the Arena life and being stuck on Solaris VII. He battled and lost to the mercenary up-and-comer Spectre in 3067, managing to save his 'Mech but being forced to downgrade it significantly due to the damage. Inspired by him, and with the FedCom Civil War ending, James contacted the Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission, looking to use his experience to explore the rest of the Inner Sphere...
BattleMech: Vulture. Black/Dark Red Tiger Stripe paintjob. Loadout - Left and Right Torsos: Clan Long Range Missile 20 x4 (magazine: 40), Chin: Extended Range Small Pulse Laser x2, Arms: Clan Machine Gun x2 (magazine: 200). Armour: Light Vehicle. Heat Sinks: Double Heat Sinks x4, spread evenly throughout his torsos. Top Speed: 64 kilometers per hour.

We discussed this over TG and its cool, accepted.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:50 pm

We have almost two full Mech Lances now; this is more than I expected to get truth be told. Don't forget that if you have a Mechwarrior you can also create a support character (A technician, a dropship pilot, a vehicle driver or crew, aerospace pilot, etc.)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse