NATION

PASSWORD

Daily Life in Elbania (CLOSED, MT, ATTN ArghNeedAName)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:50 am

Meanwhile, in the de-facto capital city of Port Jevosk, a Luziycan family, who migrated to Elbania in 1955, lived in a lovely mansion, made of wood. Indeed, the family's surname was Cherval.

As the head of the household, Jovanosk Cherval woke up, aged 47, he knew he had to work as an MP for Livingston County for the National Congressional House. It rang at 6:30 am, and soon, he cooked some pancakes.

At 7, he called his family to come down, and soon, his wife, Lily, aged 31, and their four children, Achrova, aged 16, Diana, aged 10, and twins, Karie and Hope, aged 3, with Hope having severe autism headed down the stairs. They then started with prayers to the Lord, and then ate the pancakes. At 7:30, they finished the meal, and got Achrova and Diana to get ready, whilst Lily washed dishes afterwards. As for Jovanosk, he headed in his 1973 Ford Pinto, and headed to the National Congressional House, for a meeting.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Elbania
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:00 am

Of course, at 8:00, the bus would soon come, a school bus, to pick up Diana. At 8:30, another would pick up Achrova. Diana would head to St. Anthony Primary School, whilst Achrova headed to Johesk Levonon Secondary School. At 9:00 am, Lily would take both Hope and Karie to the nearby daycare, on foot, just a block away.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:32 am

In Trebizond, Michael Haras was on the lookout. He had already heard reports of Varyvela escaping with an officer. He suspected that they might be heading for Trebizond or Port Borogravia and he would keep a lookout on the road. The army would most likely be keeping a lookout on the beach at this time of night. He would try to meet them before they got there, to help them escape by boat.

Few people sailed between Elbania and the mainland, because the governments shunned each other. Those who did were escapees and defectors. But even if the government didn't catch them, some else could. The closest coast of ArghNeedAName to Elbania was a treacherous rocky outcrop called "The Needles" which had sunk the boats of many escapees.

The National Congressional House met in a small building which had been designed based on Johesk Levonon's idea - a minature version of the Hoelland Capitol in Peel, the city he once controlled. This gave it rather small windows and a weedy-looking dome.

Alan Stormont was waiting to meet him.
Last edited by ArghNeedAName on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
President: Malcolm Whitacre
Prime Minister: Mark Robinson
Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs: Michael Barton
1 (Ignore) - 2 (Grumble) - 3 (Threaten) - 4 (Invade) - 5 (Lose)
United Provinces of ArghNeedAName (Note the change!)
Adjective: ArghNeedANamic; Demonym: ArghNeedANamer
Wiki Page Constitution Glossary Hansard
RP Population: 104 million
Embassy program now still open!
Interested in creating a parliamentary diagram? View my guide here!

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:41 am

Upon arrival, at 8:30 to the National Congressional House (Welsh: Cenedlaethol Congressional Tŷ'r), he entered, and saw a luxurious room. That was the actual room where Congress met since 1945. Until 1964, all 1,000 people were at their seats, but now, only 37 of those elected in 1944 were still alive, as well as 21 members of Congress, that represent the island. Indeed, Jovanosk represented a seat for the National ArghNeedANamic Party.

Soon, the Prime Minister, Peterson Levonon entered the room. It was arranged like the Capitol in Peel, semi-circular even.

"Please rise for the March of Johesk Levonon," he said. He then repeated, "Os gwelwch yn dda sefyll ar gyfer y mis Mawrth o Johesk Levonon."

Soon, over the intercom, at 9:00, and the 58 congressmen stood and sang the song, some in Welsh, the others in English.

Afterwards, he said, "Please sit down," and then, "Os gwelwch yn dda eistedd i lawr."

Indeed, he knew it was a rubber-stamp, but he knew the truth, it was MEANT to be temporary, until they could take back the mainland.

After the session ended for a lunch break, he saw Alan, and said, "Hello, Alan."
Last edited by Luziyca on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:55 am

"Good morning Mr. Cherval. I hope you and your family are well!"

Stormont, now an old man, had been a leader amongst the ArghNeedAName Fascist Youth before he joined the exile in Elbania.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:01 pm

ArghNeedAName wrote:"Good morning Mr. Cherval. I hope you and your family are well!"

Stormont, now an old man, had been a leader amongst the ArghNeedAName Fascist Youth before he joined the exile in Elbania.

"Indeed they are," he commented. "And how is your family?"

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:07 pm

"They are okay, yes. My youngest son recently completed his military service."

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:09 pm

ArghNeedAName wrote:"They are okay, yes. My youngest son recently completed his military service."

"Congratulations," he replied. "Such a shame all of my children, except Achrova, are females. In a couple of years, Achrova will begin his service to protect from communist invasion. So, do you want to visit my mansion after this session is over?"

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:10 pm

"Yes, I would very much like to."

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:12 pm

ArghNeedAName wrote:"Yes, I would very much like to."

"Sounds good." Soon, over the intercom, it said, "Please head back to the Hall of Congress immediately," before repeating it in Welsh.

"See you after the session," he said, as he entered the Hall of Congress, to listen to plans for the National Defeat Day, on May 1, to commemorate the exile on May 1, 1945, and the coup there.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:25 pm

The 5th of May, only days after the planned event, would be the date of the unexpectedly early election in ArghNeedAName. Stormont and many others in the government were a little nervous about what Ankh Morpork was up to. For one thing, ArghNeedAName had been restoring relations with Luziyca and had even invited their leadership to a state visit. Meanwhile, rival candidates in the election had been trying to draw attention to Elbania and called it a 'security threat'.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Finally, Jovanosk raised his hand. When Peterson gave him permission to speak, he headed to the lectern.

"To combat the communist threat, we must liberate ArghNeedAName. However, we cannot attack its capital, or we will crumble. No, we must invade West Areland, since it is STILL the weakest link in the nation. West Areland would easily be the key to enter ArghNeedAName, and we must unite both West and East Areland. When we finish, ArghNeedAName shall collapse, before their 'election' be held, and then in 2014, we will have our first elections for the 1,000 seats. We must deploy every healthy man, between the age of 18, and 35, with the 1,000 soldiers to defend Elbania. Thank you, and God Save the State of ArghNeedAName."

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Alan Stormont was the next to speak.

"As you know, West Areland is split almost 50:50 between Protestants and Catholics. The Protestants are wealthier and favour remaining in the union and the Catholics want to secede part of Areland instead. The society is greatly pillarised after all these years - these two sectarian groups live on different streets, go to different schools, belogn to different trade unions, listen to different radio stations and even support different football teams. Both sides have terrorist groups, but many of these have been dormant since the recent reintroduction of the provincial government. Nonetheless, I am sure we can find at least one side that is willing to link up with us and join in a coup against the provincial government. From there, we can begin the reconquest."

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:48 pm

Afterwards, Peterson called a vote. "Raise your hands if you support the motion to liberate ArghNeedAName?" He then repeated in Welsh, and it seemed like everyone raised their hands, approving the bill.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:50 pm

"Ay!" came the predictable chorus.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:52 pm

ArghNeedAName wrote:"Ay!" came the predictable chorus.

With that, Peterson said, "This session is adjourned." Now, he has to mobilize, to liberate Western Areland.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Afterwards, Jovanosk asked Stormont, "So, do you want to use my car to get there, or do you have a car?"

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:02 pm

"I have a car, but no fuel in it. I keep meaning to fill it up," said Alan. Even the political elite found themselves out of fuel. Levonon blamed ArghNeedAName's refusel to let them to drill for the oil beneath the Circle Sea.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:13 pm

ArghNeedAName wrote:"I have a car, but no fuel in it. I keep meaning to fill it up," said Alan. Even the political elite found themselves out of fuel. Levonon blamed ArghNeedAName's refusel to let them to drill for the oil beneath the Circle Sea.

"Ah. In that case, perhaps we should head to our mansion," he replied. With that, he opened the doors, and got in, waiting for Stormont to get in the car.

ArghNeedAName
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby ArghNeedAName » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:15 pm

Stormont sat down in the car seat. He may be quite long-serving in the government, but he felt constantly frustrated by his lack of privaleges and influence.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:18 pm

ArghNeedAName wrote:Stormont sat down in the car seat. He may be quite long-serving in the government, but he felt constantly frustrated by his lack of privaleges and influence.

Sighing, he said, "I know how you feel, and I know this is meant to be temporary." Within 10 minutes, they pulled up. By then, it was 4:30 pm, and everyone was home.

"Head on out, sir," as he opened the doors, and held the front door open to his mansion.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Elbania wrote:
Iglesian Archipelago wrote:They sleep. For the night, they prepare everything to leave the place.

When they woke up, they were lucky to bring food. Thus, after packing everything, they woke up Vary. "Time to leave." By that point, he was wearing his casual clothes, and tossed his uniform into the garbage.

"Sure. Let's do it; we can do it!", Vary says and thinks.

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:05 pm

Iglesian Archipelago wrote:
Elbania wrote:
When they woke up, they were lucky to bring food. Thus, after packing everything, they woke up Vary. "Time to leave." By that point, he was wearing his casual clothes, and tossed his uniform into the garbage.

"Sure. Let's do it; we can do it!", Vary says and thinks.

Promptly, they entered his car, and buckled their seat belts. Once Vary does hers, they left the Ghost Town. Luckily, they had the computer that he gave Vary.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Varyvela, after typing Yareva's website, says: "Here at Yareva's website says that two men were executed for defending communism in Elbania. Let me check the RTI..." *she types RTI's website* "...one of its today's headlines say the same as well... hey, let's see AITV!" *she types AITV's website* "It says: two men were executed for preaching in favour of communism in Elbania... let me see the details. I know I'm going through a biased article, but..." *she goes to that article's hyperlink* "...it says here: «rightfully executed»... «The two freedom-haters»... etc.."

Elbania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elbania » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Iglesian Archipelago wrote:Varyvela, after typing Yareva's website, says: "Here at Yareva's website says that two men were executed for defending communism in Elbania. Let me check the RTI..." *she types RTI's website* "...one of its today's headlines say the same as well... hey, let's see AITV!" *she types AITV's website* "It says: two men were executed for preaching in favour of communism in Elbania... let me see the details. I know I'm going through a biased article, but..." *she goes to that article's hyperlink* "...it says here: «rightfully executed»... «The two freedom-haters»... etc.."

"Wow," he said. "AITV seems to be really biased." By then, they were heading to an abandoned Luziycan base, which was closed in 1995, with withdrawals beginning in 1994.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates