NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal Protection Of Monuments

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ajax Prime
Diplomat

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ajax Prime » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:46 pm

Ajax Prime would be against this.
National Population: 58 Million
Military Size: 182,000
More to Come.
American
Detroit Red Wings Fan
HVAC Technician
I fucking love corn dogs

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:42 am

Ajax Prime wrote:Ajax Prime would be against this.

Why are you for the original proposal and do not want it repealed? Surely you have reasons.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

The Magic Spirit
Attaché

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Magic Spirit » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:19 am

The Magic Spirit fully supports the repeal of this act based on the problems mentioned. Please draft a replacement act to convince delegates to pass this and fix those issues.

Tsukasa-chan
Secretary

Founded: Nov 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsukasa-chan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:31 am

The Incorporated States of Tsukasa-chan would be in favour of this repeal for reasons already mentioned above. I thank the representatives of The United States Of Philimbesi for their work to address this problem.

Rin 4
International Ambassador
The Incorporated States of Tsukasa-chan
“Mochi goes whee!”
“Mochi goes whee!”
The Community of Mochi Ambassadors is the wholly owned WA agent for the ISTc.

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:38 am

We appreciate the accolades of the Ambassador from Tsukasa-chan, but remind them that the ambassador from Grays Harbor also had a hand in this legislation. Also that getting the measure into queue is only half the battle, we ask them for their help in getting the word at when the resolution comes to vote.

Nigel S Youlkin.
WA Ambassador - USP
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:48 am

The Magic Spirit wrote:The Magic Spirit fully supports the repeal of this act based on the problems mentioned. Please draft a replacement act to convince delegates to pass this and fix those issues.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out to the ambassador from The Magic Spirit that repeal authors are in no way, shape or form required to provide a replacement. Besides, there pretty much is a replacement ready to go already.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

OOC: And if you don't believe me, I've got a mod ruling to back me up.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:10 am

Grays Harbor wrote:We have not felt the full effects of this in my country as yet, as Parliament voted out an Act of Defiance, signed by the King, which prohibits compliance with this resolution.

That's interesting; I had no idea member states could simply defy a resolution like that. :roll:
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Murray the Evil Skull
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2006

Postby Murray the Evil Skull » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:55 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:We have not felt the full effects of this in my country as yet, as Parliament voted out an Act of Defiance, signed by the King, which prohibits compliance with this resolution.

That's interesting; I had no idea member states could simply defy a resolution like that. :roll:

Yeah, mortal.....I thought one needed to use sneaky loopholes to follow the letter, but pervert the spirit of said resolution.
Murray the Evil Skull for WA Leader!
In your heart, you know He's right!

Warning: the player posts in Character, and will respond in Character.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:35 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:

(OOC - Well, that would be because there isn't an "official" way to do so. I just wanted to say that I was defying it. :p )

Not Ta'veren

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Ignoring resolutions is Godmoding. The best you can do is loophole-wank, puppet-wank or resign. ;)
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:02 pm

Actually this one takes very little imagination as well, our Parks Department has built a list for Presidential review and recommendation and it's currently on Bartlet's desk... somewhere... possibly a drawer... or under his coffee mug... he'll get to it.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Ignoring resolutions is Godmoding. The best you can do is loophole-wank, puppet-wank or resign. ;)

I'm guessing you missed the "OOC" bit, huh? :p So, please stop the "rules lawyer" hijack.

Not Ta'veren

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:50 pm

Philimbesi wrote:Actually this one takes very little imagination as well, our Parks Department has built a list for Presidential review and recommendation and it's currently on Bartlet's desk... somewhere... possibly a drawer... or under his coffee mug... he'll get to it.

Yeah, getting around this one is not exactly rocket science, we've just officially stripped any historical monuments of historical status. That's not to say that we're not keeping them protected mind you, it's just not officially being done.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:57 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Philimbesi wrote:Actually this one takes very little imagination as well, our Parks Department has built a list for Presidential review and recommendation and it's currently on Bartlet's desk... somewhere... possibly a drawer... or under his coffee mug... he'll get to it.

Yeah, getting around this one is not exactly rocket science, we've just officially stripped any historical monuments of historical status. That's not to say that we're not keeping them protected mind you, it's just not officially being done.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Oh, how true. Tourists to the capitol city of Aberdeen have reported overhearing tour guides refer to the statue of King Stephen III, Unifier of the Kingdom, as "That pile of carved marble which is in no way a monument. Really"

Not Ta'veren

The Altani Federation
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Altani Federation » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:57 pm

We greatly look forward to this repeal. We've had to install a lot of these around our nation since Protection of Monuments passed.

-Nikolai Nagashybyuly, Ambassador
The Associated Sovereign Nations of the Altani Federation
Many lands, many peoples, one Federation.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:03 pm

*ahem*

Were it not completely undignified for a man of my station to burst into sudden and uncontrollable laughter, I should do that very thing upon seeing the markers placed upon your "not-the-monuments". Cheers to you, Sir.

Not Ta'veren

Tsukasa-chan
Secretary

Founded: Nov 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tsukasa-chan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:55 pm

I apologise for overlooking the work put into this Repeal by the ambassador from Grays Harbor and any others. You all have my thanks.

I am opening dialogue within the Principality of Wales to secure more approvals for this Repeal and prepare for an upcoming vote.

Ambassador Nikolai Nagashybyuly and their nation is to be commended for their creative efforts to demonstrate the flaws in the current resolution. As a good sense of humour never goes amiss in our States, I am proud to present Ambassador Nikolai Nagashybyuly with this spontaneously created Certificate Of LOL. May spam never grace the honourable Ambassador's inbox!

Rin 4
International Ambassador
“Mochi goes whee!”
“Mochi goes whee!”
The Community of Mochi Ambassadors is the wholly owned WA agent for the ISTc.

The Altani Federation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Altani Federation » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:27 pm

I am honored to receive the Certificate of LOL, Ambassador. It shall go on a special place of honor on my office wall, right next to the plaque certifying that nothing historic ever happened there. Some infamous things have happened there, especially after office parties. But nothing historic.

N.N. etc.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:00 am

The Altani Federation wrote:I am honored to receive the Certificate of LOL, Ambassador. It shall go on a special place of honor on my office wall, right next to the plaque certifying that nothing historic ever happened there. Some infamous things have happened there, especially after office parties. But nothing historic.

N.N. etc.

We know. Some of our Intel operatives managed to get pictures from the imagery collection devices planted in your office Embassy Staff have heard rumours of such goings on.

*innocently whistles and walks away*

:roll:

Not Ta'veren

The Altani Federation
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Altani Federation » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:55 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
The Altani Federation wrote:I am honored to receive the Certificate of LOL, Ambassador. It shall go on a special place of honor on my office wall, right next to the plaque certifying that nothing historic ever happened there. Some infamous things have happened there, especially after office parties. But nothing historic.

N.N. etc.

We know. Some of our Intel operatives managed to get pictures from the imagery collection devices planted in your office Embassy Staff have heard rumours of such goings on.

*innocently whistles and walks away*

:roll:

Hey, as long as I get royalties from the pics when they hit the tabloids, we're good.

N.N. etc.

The Palentine
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2005

Postby The Palentine » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:07 pm

In the Palentine, the only monument of any importance, is the anatomically correct statue of our nation's founder, Queen Komoniwannalaya the Unchaste. Stangely the monument has never needed protection. It seems the average male citizen of my nation would beat the bejabbers out of anyone trying to deface the statue.

Excelsior,
Sen. Horatio Sulla
Last edited by The Palentine on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There aren't quite as many irredeemable folks as everyone thinks."
-The Dourian Embassy

"Yeah, but some (like Sen. Sulla) have to count for, like 20 or 30 all by themselves."
-Hack

Raesburg
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Raesburg » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:41 am

my nation voted against it. I will not vote in favor of a resolution that cuts funding for education and the arts.

Noordeinde
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Noordeinde » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:03 am

"Thank you Mister Chairman, Noordeinde boycotts the resolution Protection of Monuments and had also voted against it because it has been poorly written and it has many loopholes as well, another big problem for us is that people have to be removed out of their houses if it's a monument or a historical sight, such a thing is just ridiculous, therefore we didn't report our monuments to the WA as a sign of our dissapproval. But now it's our pleasure to vote for this repeal as a sign of our support! Thank you Mister Chairman that was all."
I'm gay, for gay rights, and I don't care what you think, its my life. If you support gay rights put this in your signature.

Picobella
Civilian

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Picobella » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:47 pm

Why would we repeal a resolution that is there to protect monuments. Monuments are a part of our history, not as individual nations, but as a species. By repealing this sanction, are we going to allow nations in times of war, to blatantly desecrate our sacred icons, monuments, and memorials? We enacted this resolution to help us remember our past, and now it seems as though we do not even remember why we enacted this resolution. My friends, the delegates of the World Assembly, ask yourselves, would you like your nations monuments blatantly desecrated?

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Picobella wrote:Why would we repeal a resolution that is there to protect monuments. Monuments are a part of our history, not as individual nations, but as a species. By repealing this sanction, are we going to allow nations in times of war, to blatantly desecrate our sacred icons, monuments, and memorials? We enacted this resolution to help us remember our past, and now it seems as though we do not even remember why we enacted this resolution. My friends, the delegates of the World Assembly, ask yourselves, would you like your nations monuments blatantly desecrated?

Well no, but by that same token we don't want to have to evict someone from their home just because it's a historical building, which is required under Protection of monuments.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives