NATION

PASSWORD

Crime Rate vs Spenditure..

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Toxic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Crime Rate vs Spenditure..

Postby Toxic » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:23 am

I am just curious to know what other players spend on law enforcement and their current crime rate..

I currently spend 2% of my resources towards law enforcement yet crime in my country is totally unknown according to my nations dossier..

does anyone else spend so little to keep crime rates as low?
Death smiles at us All,, The best thing we can do is smile back at Him..

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:38 pm

We have no law and order spending but totally unknown crime.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:10 pm

In Frisbeeteria, "crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons." We have 23% of our government budget devoted to Law and Order ... but perhaps our 0% tax rate and non-existent government sector play a role in that.

It's a weird game. Don't expect too much realism.

Toxic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Toxic » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:11 pm

The Rogue Nation of Toxic is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its ban on automobiles. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 281 million enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Welfare and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hazard. The average income tax rate is 49%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Book Publishing and Retail.

Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, and citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless. Crime is totally unknown. Toxic's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Golden Lion.

When I am confronted with issues I always vote for the one that I would vote for in real life.. As of right now I have a strong economy and I only spend 1% on law and order.
Death smiles at us All,, The best thing we can do is smile back at Him..

Serahpin
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 06, 2008
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Serahpin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:56 am

"areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Law & Order receiving almost no funds"

"Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown."

My pie chart shows no spending on law enforcement.

Bejar
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bejar » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:01 pm

I spend 15% of my budget on Law and Order.

I'm in the same boat as Toxic. I'd vote for what I vote in real life and my Law and Order decisions would most likely be unacceptable by any nation in the world.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -2.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69

Return to Gameplay