NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Automagfreek

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:58 pm

Fischistan wrote:OOC: Can someone explain to me how saying 'international incidents' is not a rule four violation? And also, if the role-play you mentioned was banned from the site, it must have been an offsite roleplay, right? I thought those don't exist IC'ly in NS?

It's legal because international incidents is also an adjective and a noun that make sense without explaining the game as a game. For example: "Let me catch up on the latest international incidents".

Things are allowed to be mentioned from offsite forums, so long as they are publicly available offsite.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Sniper Country
Spokesperson

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sniper Country » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:14 am

Fischistan wrote:OOC: Can someone explain to me how saying 'international incidents' is not a rule four violation? And also, if the role-play you mentioned was banned from the site, it must have been an offsite roleplay, right? I thought those don't exist IC'ly in NS?

OOC: The RP was started on NS, but since the Jolt forums are no longer around a backup copy was made offsite on Gholgoth's forums.
The Confederacy of Sniper Country
Actual Date of Establishment: February 12, 2003
Home of the leafy bug!
Proud member of Gholgoth.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:54 pm

This Brimstone Pact thing is a lot more interesting than this condemnation currently makes it out to be. ;)

A few mental notes I took that I'll write down here so that I don't forget them later:
- halts smaller imperialist nations to stave off potential competition
- sugarcoated language in text of pact to appeal to imperialist nations that aren't run by outright lunatics
- hierarchical system to keep smaller nations bound to the pact but kept at a distance and out of administrative decisions (< ?)

- attempted to force new alliances to register in order to keep them under the pact's control
Last edited by A mean old man on Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:17 pm

OLD:

Recognizing that Automagfreek has opposed the advancement of small nations by founding “The Brimstone Pact,” which destroyed alliances between smaller nations and demanded that any alliance between smaller nations be registered,

NEW:

Recognizing that Automagfreek has attempted to dominate smaller nations through the establishment of the Brimstone Pact, which, through its deceptive and devious wording and hierarchical system (designed to keep smaller nations bound by the Pact but out of its administrative positions), organized a large group of superpowers to defeat smaller imperialist nations and attempted to force new alliances to register in order to keep them within the superpowers' sphere of influence,
Last edited by A mean old man on Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:19 pm

A mean old man wrote:NEW:

Recognizing that Automagfreek has attempted to dominate smaller nations through the establishment of the Brimstone Pact, which, through its deceptive and devious wording and hierarchical system (designed to keep smaller nations bound by the Pact but out of its administrative positions), organized a large group of superpowers to defeat smaller imperialist nations and attempted to force new alliances to register in order to keep them within the superpowers' sphere of influence,

Oh yes...me and some friends got caught up in something like that. It didn't go down well.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:01 pm

A mean old man wrote:OLD:

Recognizing that Automagfreek has opposed the advancement of small nations by founding “The Brimstone Pact,” which destroyed alliances between smaller nations and demanded that any alliance between smaller nations be registered,

NEW:

Genius, for all of your hard work and out of curiosity if the game will explode, I'll be adding a "Co-authored by A Mean Old Man", unless you have reservations?
Last edited by Unibot II on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Go for it.

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:29 pm

A mean old man wrote:Go for it.

Great! I'll start approaching regions now. :)

Unibotian WA Mission
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibotian WA Mission » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:30 pm

General Halcones wrote: Look up to Unibot as an example.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:48 am

I, Lothar Prolark, will be presenting this to my region early as we are expectant that this will reach quorum very quickly after we noticed a campaign for this in our personal inbox.
Vinage V. Grey-Anumia
World Assembly Delegate &
Former President of Europeia

"The Delegate Wipes What The Region Spills"
"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:45 pm

No. 1332135926, "Condemn Automagfreek" (proposed by Unibotian WA Mission), having received the requisite 75 approvals, has attained quorum. Question to be put in eight hours fifteen minutes.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:14 pm

All potential condemners take note: this is how you do a roleplay condemnation. Well-written roleplays, with grossly negative consequences. I congratulate Unibot for a well-written condemnation (and AMOM for helping out as well), and Automagfreek for willingly providing fuel for the fire. Wear your badge with pride! (I can't believe I just said that...and felt happy about it.)

Stephanie sat in her seat, reading over the text of the most recent condemnation, with a constant state of shock on her face. How was it that one country could commit so much atrocity, and go unchecked for so long?

She slammed the pages down angrily, and stood, interrupting a low-level speaker.

I'm sorry, but I have to say this now: why haven't we condemned this nation sooner? These...atrocious, heinous acts, all the innocents...this...MONSTER!

Stephanie hits the button marked "Approve and Auto-support", and leaves the Security Council Chambers, mumbling, "I need a drink!"

Stephanie Orman
Representative, Nomadic Peoples of Damanucus

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:09 pm

At vote!

Pradovia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Pradovia » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Voted FOR

Kurosaki
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurosaki » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:23 pm

It is a deep, profound HONOR to hear and learn about you, Automagfreek. You do terrorist organizations the world over endlessly proud with the sheer fearlessness of your vision. Henceforth, the leadership of the nation-state of Kurosaki has decided to prominently display an Automagfreek national flag amongst a new "Wall of Greatness" mural being created for its recently-founded International Violence Museum, with the caption beneath the flag to read, "They dared to go where most can only dream."

Gives full bow, in humble appreciation, before departing the podium.
Last edited by Kurosaki on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fellatia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fellatia » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:40 pm

OPPOSED

The Dictatorship of Fellatia refuses to vote in favor of any resolution or condemnation proposed by nations who have resigned from the World Assembly.

11 hours ago: Unibotian WA Mission resigned from the World Assembly.

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:41 pm

There is no excuse for such warmongering and abuse of citizens' rights, especially rights of the citizens of other nations! Weed's government has decided to stand in favour of this resolution, and encourages all other nations to express their own outrage.

WA Ambassador from Weed,

Clinton Tew

Unibot II
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 pm

The Unibot-II-ian Delegation stood up in anger and horror as "Condemn Automagfreek", the final version was read out-loud. Jasper Whitaker, the ambassador was handed a gas-mask by an errands boy (standard procedure in the event that the resolution came to vote).

"SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION AT VOTE" screamed the gnomish ambassador, "Condemn Automagfreek : A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region. Category : Condemnation. Nominee: Automagfreek. Proposed by: ... ehh..."

The orator paused, just a tad confused as he read out, "Proposed by: Unibotian WA Mission."

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE," hollered Whitaker as a loud murmur filled the assembly -- somehow Eduard had figured out how to submit the proposal using Unibot's name, even though the Unibot II government had cancelled his funds and his license.

Eduard kicked the door open, dressed as a custodian in green overalls and dragging a mop and pail; he casually saluted the gnome guards, smugly smiling. "Hey boys!"

The gnomes nodded and grunted, giving him him the gnomish salute -- which was only reserved for greeting other gnomes. Whitaker hobbled over to Eduard, leaning on his cane as he grabbed onto Eduard's shirt.

"WHAT DID YOU DO, EDDY!?" screamed Whitaker, spitting into Eduard's face.

"Eddy? You might want to address a member of the World Assembly staff better!" said Eduard smugly.

"You don't work for the World Assembly staff! You can't!! You're not even a gnome!" shouted Whitaker.

As Whitaker gripped on Eduard's shirt tighter, two burly gnomes ran and tackled Jasper from nowhere, spraying pepper-spray in his eyes.

Eduard smiled. "Actually," said Eduard revealed his mildly mutilated arm, "I've recently taken part in a blood ceremony and a brief polyandrous gnomish marriage such as to qualify for my gnomish citizenship -- hence my recent departure. Last night I took the position of custodian for the fourteen floor of the World Assembly Headquarters, namely the offices of U.N.I.B.O.T., the Universal Nautical Institute of Buoyage Oversight and Transportation. I may have used some liberty in my position to forge the documents' necessary to create U.N.I.B.O.T.'s WA Mission and it's submission of 'Condemn Automagfreek' last night when you were.. um.. sleeping. Oops!"

Eduard boyishly grinned as the red-eyed Jasper was being forcibly dragged away from Eduard, "That's illegal, you little piss-ant, I'm going to have you tried at the ICC!"

"I don't belong to a nation, remember?" said Eduard a little bit louder as Jasper was dragged further away. "So, you'll have to try me with the ICMP if you can find multiple WA delegations to persecute me... which would be fine if those nations had the authority to persecute me on neutral WA land. Now .. if you don't mind, I have a space-shuttle to catch in eleven hours. I'll see you in eighty-years if I come back," said Eduard chuckling.

Heir turned around as he saw gnome guards emerge out of the door, "Ah shit," said Eduard as he watched the gnomish guards coordinate at the door and point him out. Eduard turned back to Whitaker, "I think that's my cue to leave, see you Jasp' ".

Eduard took the bucket of dirty grey water and chucked it at the gnomish guards, spraying them in the face and whacking some poor unfortunate ambassador behind them with a bucket in the face. Heir jumped on the delegation table and began to sprint across the race-track of rich mahogany, kicking the delegation's books off the table as he ran across it -- the gnomes chasing after behind him. Anarchy had emerged in the Security Council as the vote unexpectedly climbed in support, 458-133 ...624-133; in a mad mob mentality, delegates were putting up their hands to signal they were voting for it -- Jasper simply sunk back into his chair, putting on the gas-mask over his sore, red face, fearing what was to come.

Heir had come to the end of the long table and leaped to grab onto the formicator's silk rope, swinging on it, such as to propel him through the window. Glass shards flew everywhere while invisible ants from the activated formication machine were being dumped on everyone in the Assembly. One gnome continue to run, scratching away uncontrollably at the biting insects just to catch a glimpse out of the smashed window. He saw a black dot of a man hit Lake Security Council below in one big SPLASH! That had been a long fall for a person to make the gnome thought... the Security Council wasn't designed for safe defenestrations.

Tibberiria
Attaché

Founded: Nov 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Tibberiria » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:13 pm

*The Tibberirian ambassador starts to speak, then realizes he has no idea what is going on. Quietly registering his vote for the resolution, he gets up and moves swiftly out of the chamber.*

Triax
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Triax » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:35 pm

The Representative from Triax votes against this proposal, on the grounds that, having read the argument, and proposal in full, that not only is the accused a lawfully democratic nation, but that the Nation that put this order to vote, has in fact, left the World assembly afterwards.

How can we take such nation's and there proposal's seriously when this assembly is being treated as a someone's personal army?

Datavia
Attaché

Founded: May 26, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Datavia » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:06 am

Yet another proposal widely supported because the text looks fair, but the facts are not checked by the voters. Based on political sympathies and lack of proven facts, Datavia votes AGAINST.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:36 am

Datavia wrote:Yet another proposal widely supported because the text looks fair, but the facts are not checked by the voters. Based on political sympathies and lack of proven facts, Datavia votes AGAINST.

Did the delegacy from Datavia not look at the substantial amount of evidence presented by Mr Heir?
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Congonwe
Secretary

Founded: Aug 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Congonwe » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:30 am

i don't understand this "Automagfreek" seems incredibly centrist and harmless in his politics.

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 am

I, Lothar Prolark, World Assembly Delegate of Europeia will be voting AYE on this proposal after a 8/1 internal vote decided on this action. While, often, we have voted Nay on these types of Condemnation - we find the actions of Automagfreek to be more than deserving of one. I thank the authors of this proposal for restoring some of our faith in the ability of the Security Council to properly Condemn someone who deserves it - rather than some of the recent tripe.

Vinage V. Grey-Anumia
World Assembly Delegate &
Former President of Europeia

"The Delegate Wipes What The Region Spills"
"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Hardyfighters
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Oppose

Postby Hardyfighters » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:00 am

Due to the dismay that I have felt through this nominee's atrocious acts of heresy and mutilation of the human body. I hereby state my opposition statement for this fellow. His outrageous and blasphemous traits have clearly put fear into the hearts of many. While, his people, given that they still have a tiny bit of mind of their own, follow him out of fear or sheer pleasure, deserve to be rescued, but given that they show signs of fanaticism towards their unholy acts, they are therefore to be executed on the spot. No mercy, no witnesses, no victors.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives