NATION

PASSWORD

ANZG: The Trans-Tasman Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

ANZG: The Trans-Tasman Thread

Postby Forster Keys » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:34 pm

This here is a thread. This here is a thread about Australia and New Zealand, where we talk about Australian and New Zealand issues and stuff.

Considering how our dear mother country, the UK, has a thread, as do the Dutch, and the Hispanophones (is that a word?), I thought it most ample to create a new home of antipodean wonder, a non partisan and intangible Buena Vista Social Club on the shores of the Tasman Sea, where the intoxicating aromas of sweat, cheap liquor and existential angst mix in with the subtropical air, creating a heady atmosphere of melancholic contemplation...

It will be fashioned in the spirit of the old Australian thread (remember that one? It degenerated into kangaroo themed roleplay and slowly died) but with added New Zealanderness. We've decided to add New Zealand after much discussion and deliberation, mostly because of our similar national characters and joint ambitions for a Southern Empire. But if you kiwis want to ditch us, just like you did in federation, you go ahead and do that. I'll rewrite the OP and fume silently into a pillow.

So! What do you guys think of the proposal? Discuss and discourse! Interlope and cantaloupe! And may this hallowed thread last on in to the twilight of eternity.
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:39 pm

Cheap liquor?

Australia hasn't had that for at least 5 years. Maybe longer.

EDIT: And really, I guess it makes sense to include the NZers. There's more of them here than in NZ by now :p
Last edited by Saint Jade IV on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.
RIP Dyakovo...we are all poorer for your loss.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:46 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:Cheap liquor?

Australia hasn't had that for at least 5 years. Maybe longer.

EDIT: And really, I guess it makes sense to include the NZers. There's more of them here than in NZ by now :p

Well maybe there's some to be found in New Zealand... Another reason to include them! :p
The blue sky above beckons us to take our freedom, to paint our path across its vastness. Across a million blades of grass, through the roars of our elation and a thousand thundering hooves, we begin our reply.

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:47 pm

Hey, look! It's like "old" (?) times! Now we can talk about specifically Australian things and exclude the New Zealanders, just like in real life.
This was formerly a signature. One day, it may return to its splendid past. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my cats.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Meowfoundland wrote:Hey, look! It's like "old" (?) times! Now we can talk about specifically Australian things and exclude the New Zealanders, just like in real life.

I fear Forsher's wrath...

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 pm

Wait, what does the G in ANZG stand for? General?

Forster Keys wrote:
Meowfoundland wrote:Hey, look! It's like "old" (?) times! Now we can talk about specifically Australian things and exclude the New Zealanders, just like in real life.

Nein! Wir müssen essen ein Handy!

Gee, my German has gone a bit bad since last year. Relevant, because he has a German signature.
This was formerly a signature. One day, it may return to its splendid past. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my cats.

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Forster Keys wrote:

There's more of us than there is of him - we'll protect you, FK!
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of son of a b*tch or another.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Meowfoundland wrote:Wait, what does the G in ANZG stand for? General?

Yep. Strange acronym pun thing.

Meowfoundland wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

Nein! Wir müssen essen ein Handy!

Gee, my German has gone a bit bad since last year. Relevant, because he has a German signature.

"No! We must eat a mobile phone!"?

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

I thank you my faithful brethren, but we must not divide ourselves at such a crucial time as this!

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Forster Keys wrote:"No! We must eat a mobile phone!"?

Aber... Mein Vater! Er ist nicht eine Hahne, aber meine Bruder tragt eine Rote Krawatte! Auch, Ja! Ich verstehen Deutsch nichts!
Last edited by Meowfoundland on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 pm

I am pleased to represent New Zealand in this trans-Tasman thread.

After all Australia, you are our brothers and we ANZACs must stick together in the face of the rest of the world on Nationstates!

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Forster Keys wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:

I thank you my faithful brethren, but we must not divide ourselves at such a crucial time as this!

Not that we'll worry. Nothing interesting ever happens in NZ. It's not like there'll actually be anything to talk about, except whether we should send all the expats back to preserve what's left of their dying culture and lands.

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Forster Keys wrote:ambitions for a Southern Empire

ALL HAIL KING DICK!

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Meowfoundland wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:"No! We must eat a mobile phone!"?

Aber... Mein Vater! Er ist nicht eine Hahne, aber meine Bruder tragt eine Rote Krawatte! Auch, Ja! Ich verstehen Deutsch nichts!

But my father! He is a rooster, but my brother wears a red tie! Also, yes. I don't understand German!

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Radiatia wrote:I am pleased to represent New Zealand in this trans-Tasman thread.

After all Australia, you are our brothers and we ANZACs must stick together in the face of the rest of the world on Nationstates!

Amen to that! Southern Solidarity! Brofist!

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:00 am

Saint Jade IV wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

Not that we'll worry. Nothing interesting ever happens in NZ. It's not like there'll actually be anything to talk about, except whether we should send all the expats back to preserve what's left of their dying culture and lands.

We can't have the sheep overunning all those Middle Earth sets.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:01 am

New Korongo wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:ambitions for a Southern Empire

ALL HAIL KING DICK!

Who?

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:07 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Meowfoundland wrote:

But my father! He is a rooster, but my brother wears a red tie! Also, yes. I don't understand German!

You're too good at this.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:08 am

Meowfoundland wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

You're too good at this.

Aw shucks. I'm doing German by correspondence at the moment.

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:10 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Meowfoundland wrote:
You're too good at this.

Is it difficult doing stuff by correspondence? I was going to do Philosophy by correspondence but I really just couldn't be arsed.

Forster Keys
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Forster Keys » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:11 am

Meowfoundland wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

Is it difficult doing stuff by correspondence? I was going to do Philosophy by correspondence but I really just couldn't be arsed.

Have the same problem. I do French in a standard class, and you can see the difference.

Radiatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Radiatia » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:13 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Saint Jade IV wrote:

Just gonna throw two things out there:

1. Australia has more sheep than New Zealand.

2. As a man who has lived in New Zealand my whole life.... I have never seen a sheep. I've seen cows, donkeys, llamas, deers, horses, women who look like horses.... but no actual sheep.
Last edited by Radiatia on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meowfoundland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Meowfoundland » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:13 am

Forster Keys wrote:
Meowfoundland wrote:

Have the same problem. I do French in a standard class, and you can see the difference.

I'm betting you could beat me at French in a pinch, mostly because I haven't done French since grade 6. Ca va comme-ci-comme-ça. Bonjour. Salut. Jeune. Noir.

My knowledge is exhausted.

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:15 am

Forster Keys wrote:Who?

The glorious Richard Seddon.

Saint Jade IV
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Jade IV » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:17 am

Radiatia wrote:
Forster Keys wrote:

Just gonna throw two things out there:

1. Australia has more sheep than New Zealand.

2. As a man who has lived in New Zealand my whole life.... I have never seen a sheep. I've seen cows, donkeys, llamas, deers, horses, women who look like horses.... but no actual sheep.

You've seen more wildlife than the average Australian. Now, tell me this: have you ever seen that legendary creature, said to have long since died out or migrated to warmer climates - a New Zealand citizen? :p

I kid...I kid :p

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General