NATION

PASSWORD

The Commentary Radio Broadcasting

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Commentary
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

The Commentary Radio Broadcasting

Postby The Commentary » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:17 pm

The Commentary; Education, Entertainment, And Something Else Beginning With E

On Air In Three, Two, One...

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys, girls and those who have not yet decided! We are proud to present the very first broadcast of The Commentary, our aim? To Educate, Entertain and find a third point starting with E!

"Here at The Commentary our crack squad of balding middle aged men, sociopathic teenagers and deranged individuals from all walks of life, work tirelessly in the dark rooms of our Lighthouse Headquarters; did we mention the bulb has burnt out?

"Using our sophisticated equiptment and satellite bouncing technology donated to us by various institutions we project our mixed message of common sense insanity across the globe as we bring you the news of national happenings around the world. If theres an outbreak of Swine flu we'll know about it! if a popular celebrity drops dead we would have heard about it! If there's a war on we would have probably noticed it! And if you text in that your nextdoor neighbour is trimming your hedges we'll have veritable proof that we can broadcast something factual!

"In other news... The Commentary wishes to annouce that our website and phone services is up and running! And we are taking messages from listeners with questions, sugestions, ideas, interesting news items going on near you and any other drivel you feel has no place anywhere else; because it'll probably fit in here at The Commentary.

"On the other hand, if you wish to advertise a cause, nation or other topic of interest you can do so for a nominal fee and be featured in our next broadcast... This broadcast was brought to you by Mrs. Katherine Miggins whom lives down the land from us and is holding a tea party next saturday... anyone across the continent interested in joining please feel free...

"For now, goodnight, and goodbye, untill we bring you more news, intrigue and insanity here... at The Commentary."

--------------------

OOC: This is essentially a rather idiosyncratic radio station that will be commenting on the various goings on of the nations of nationstates from wars to events both serious and idiotic. Feel free to post responses "opinions" and so on on the website or leave "messages" for The Commentarys team to address. And please, no outright spam.

Mubesi
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mubesi » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:26 pm

1 Peninsula Street, Tower Wabasyn.
Port Mumanga, Suiy, Mubesian Federation.
MC01 TW05.

To: The Commentary Radio Broadcasting.
CC: N/A.
From: His Excellency President of the Mubesian Federation Tsvet Alserari.

Dear Commentary Radio Broadcasting,

We humbly request you report the news that studies show that Mubesi will be underwater by 2050. Thank you for your time.

Signed,
Tsvet Alserari.
President of the Mubesian Federation.
حصلت على الحليب؟

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Mubesi wrote:

1 Peninsula Street, Tower Wabasyn.
Port Mumanga, Suiy, Mubesian Federation.
MC01 TW05.

To: The Commentary Radio Broadcasting.
CC: N/A.
From: His Excellency President of the Mubesian Federation Tsvet Alserari.

Dear Commentary Radio Broadcasting,

We humbly request you report the news that studies show that Mubesi will be underwater by 2050. Thank you for your time.

Signed,
Tsvet Alserari.
President of the Mubesian Federation.

To His Excellency President of the Mubesian Federation Tsvet Alse,
From The Commentary,

We have received your letter and are in the process of adapting it into our next broadcast, we will do our utmost to rely this breakthrough in environmental geographical science to the rest of the world; we shall forward you a recording of the broadcast so that you may peruse it at your leasure when it is released.

All the best,

The Commentary.

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:15 pm

On The Air In Three, Two, One...

"People of the world! Thank you for tuning into The Commentary, whether it be in your luxery manor house in quintissential countryside, or in the bombed out ruins of a sand blasted building in your war torn ravaged nation; we aim to provide you with news of the world that is more or less unrelated to you!

"In todays news, our scientific department, constituting of Eddy Wraight and his internet connection, today received an official letter from the official government of Mubesi detailing a most interesting scientific study which was published today.

"Mubesi will soon be underwater! Proclaims this new scientific study, and by soon we mean by the year two thousand and fifty; hitting the argument that the present generation does not care about the worlds problems square on the head.

"The Mubesian government has launched what seems to be a comprehensive environmentally friendly restructuring plan to make the nation carbon neutral; and ultimatly more environmentally friendly. Whilst the environment has been an issue for many nations, the imminent threat of destruction seems to have shaken this nation's populace to attention, the Green Leader Huhut Vuiu calling it "a wake-up call to the President to begin on the trek towards a carbon-neutral economy - ignoring them will be evidence of corporate corruption on his behalf."

"Our political correspondant Harold Flint however has this to say, Harold?"

"Thank you Steven, undeniably if this scientific study is correct the drive to secure Mubesi will indeed be a major political issue in the nation; but whether or not corporations are directly responsible for this issue is something to be deabted, especially since the comment came straight from the mouth of the nations resident Green Partu; in fact I believe that Eddy has something to say on the matter..."

"And so he does Harold thank you for that, transferring over to Eddy now... Eddy?"

"Why hello there Steven, this is Eddy down in the basement of scientific inquiry! Hi there mum, on the radio! I finally moved out like you aske-"

"Anyway you were saying Eddy?"

"Oh yes, although this scietific study seems to be water tight, I have my doubt on how effective the Mubesi environmental strategy will be in saving their nation. After all, even if their nation cleans up their act, what will that have as an overall effect on the planet? The problem lies with all nations, and many nations who are spewing out carbon dioxide and raising the sea levels are not at all concerned by rising sea levels; in fact, I think that it would be far more effective to spend the funds on elaborate sea wall defences."

"An intriguing insight their Eddy, I thank you, now my loyal viewers we turn you over to the power of mindless 60's jingles and Jukebox tunes which we've dug out for your leisure. For now, good night!"

-------------------

The Mubesi scientific news announcement can be found here: viewtopic.php?p=859716#p859716
Last edited by The Commentary on Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:41 pm

On The Air In Three, Two, One...

"Ladies and gentlemen once again welcome to another installment of The Commentary! Owing to technical difficulties we have been unable to play our humourous sound effect tracks, and in order to cover ourselves, we have been forced, with good grace and enjoyment, to focus on a topic of international importance for once in our broadcasting history; may it not be the last.

"For tonight we have a man of international reknown on the phone with us here today, Hal Newton is the Leader of the relam of Seculartopia, a nation well known for it's... well, secular attitudes; but Hal is here with us today to talk with our political correspondant Harold Flint on a rather more relevant matter; Harold are you there?

"That I am indeed, thank you very much Steven and welcome viewers to tonights political installment on The Commentary. I'd like to welcome Mr. Newton to the show and to thank him for taking the time to talk with us, and to answer a number of questions regarding a new embarkment on the international scene...

"The International Secular Alliance, formed this week, and with three member states already devoted to it's cause, now, Mr. Newton, if I may ask, for the benefit of the listeners at home, what is the purpose of your alliance?"

"We are a coalition of nations that promote the ideas of tolerance,secularity and nonviolence when at all possible. We invite delegates from nations from every style of government, with a term and goal: Tolerance and Respect."

"Certainly admirable goals Mr. Newton, but what was the drive to set up such a direct endeavour to deal with these problems? Such issues are encountered across the globe, but this is, to the best of my knowledge, the first time they have been taken up by an offical body."

"I have seen many,many nations go to war over ethnic discrimination. I have seen many instances of religious intolerance that leads to even more hatred and threats of war. My drive and inspiration is the thought of all the people around the world currently being discriminated against simply for being different in view to others."

"Well such sights can indeed move us all take take action even in the most hopeless of circumstances. So tell me, if this alliance could fulfill everything you wanted it to, what would your final vision be if realised?"

"A less discriminatory, more tolerant and secular world."

"Concise and indeed to the point, but let us, diverge from the normal matters of this international body. What about the man behind it all; yourself. Tell me, what is your official stance on religion?"

"My official stance is a total separation of Church and State, with religion being an individual practice to make sure everyone can feel like they are equal and free to practice their beliefs."

"Very, very good, indeed reasonable acheivements that all nations I think should aspire to acheive in many cases... but, beyond the realm of politics which you inhabit, what is your personal, off the record if you will, stance on religion?"

"Personally, I am more of a person who goes for individualistic beliefs. I think dogmatic religion only inhibits individuals ability to think for themselves."

"Indeed indeed, but, there is of course a distinct difference between faith and religion that many people do not fully appreciate, do you fully realise the differences between such concepts?"

"Yes,I can identify with the difference between them.

Faith is believing in something without any evidence for it, and religion is a set belief shared by a group."

"Indeed, and what is your view on these two matters when considered seperatly? That is faith and religion on their own?"

"I discourage discrimination, so i believe organised religion that doesnt encourage intolerance and indoctrination is fine, it is the dogmatic ones that do that i view in a negative light. I could consider faith a belief on its own, seeing that it is basically believing, and i could also see it as a way of living."

"An excellent surmise if I may say so myself. Now, we're running out of time here, but let us quickly go back to the matter of the Secular Coalition; are you planning any events related to it any time soon?"

"Possibly, im thinking about organising some sort of culture fair,to promote open-mindedness towards the international community, of course i would need the approval of the alliance members."

"Once again admirable, admirable indeed, now, before we go back to Steven for the closing of tonights broadcast do you have any last words?"

"We invite delegates from nations from every style of government, with a term and goal: Tolerance and Respect."

"Excellent stuff, thank you for sparing the time to talk to us tonight Mr. Newton, i'm sure you've given the viewers at home something to think about. Now, I pass you back to Steven, good night viewers."

"Thank you Harold, and yes indeed it is time that the Broadcast draws to a close, with many thanks to our listeners and Hal Newton we bid you all... good night."

--------------------

The International Secular Coalition can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22931
Many thanks to The Secular Directories of Seculartopia.
Last edited by The Commentary on Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:51 pm

"Good evening! And welcome to another political orinetated installment of The Commentary as we take a break from the last twelve hours of Jazz music that we've been broadcasting across the globe! Today we once more turn our attention to the goings on of our big blue world, and ask Harold Flint, our seasoned political correspondant, his take on a recent development in the realm of Shazbotdom... Harold your on!"

"Thank you Steven, and now onto the latest development withen Shazbotdom.

"The Minister of Foreign Affairs for Shazbotdom, Mr. Kennith G. Terrance, yesterday released a formal letter to the offices of the world announcing that Larry Williams would be declared "Supreme Emporer" "For All Eternity", in effect becoming Supreme Emperor Larry Williams for the rest of his reign.

"This development comes with the concurrent announcement of the position of an elected “Prime Minister of the Shazbotdom Empire” who is described as being "in charge of the entirety of the Imperial Government".

"Whilst the implementation of any supreme ruler would be viewed with great trepidation in many nations, it appears that this process is being swept through the nations political system with a clear high held regard for the populations democracy, with promises of delegated powers; it seems that it may be a benevolant Supreme Emporer who takes the lofty mantle bestowed upon him.

"Shazbotdom is of course a large reknowned nation with a rich history and a source of fairly powerful international respect and power. Clearly playing in part to this decision was the Emporer's clear efficiency in his post, being described as having " brought compassion, humility, and honesty to the people of the Shazbotdom Empire" as well as "having brought peace to the once warmongering and war torn nation of Delvira".

"We will have more news on this story as it happens, but for now, this is Harold Flint, passing you back to Steven; thank you for listening."

"Excellent stuff Harold, excellent stuff indeed, now, if we could dedicate just a few words to our sponsers..."

----------

The Official declaration can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23076
Last edited by The Commentary on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:07 pm

"Ladies and gentlemen of the world! From the utopian heights of the upper class elite of Allanea to the down trodden refugees of a backwater dictatorship we bring you The Commentary! Following our recent surge in popularity due to our political broadcasts focusing on the alliances that criss-cross the international scene we have once again enlisted, for the night, another prominent representative of yet another world wide organisation dedicated to doing what it considers to be just and right. And so for now I pass you over to our esteemed political correspondant Harold Flint; Harold your on!"

"Thank you Steven and thank you listeners to tuning in to this evenings edition of The Commentary, today I have Reika Oshibura, Minister of Communications for New Olwe with me, and may I say your looking fabulous tonight madam, who answers directly to Grand Duke Jason himself; who sadly could not join us tonight owing to a previous engagement... what did you say it was Reika?"

"Grand Duke Jason wanted to handle the interview himself, but he's off in the jungle somewhere swordfighting Nicksyllvanians."

"Alas it is a busy time for world leaders indeed. But now let us turn to the political side of affairs which is, of course, why we are here today.

"Today we are discussing the Alliance Of Small Nations, an international body dedicated to protecting smaller realms recently emerged into the international scene or attempting to establish themselves. As we all know from the invasions reported aross the globe this is indeed a situation where bigger fish eat the smaller fish, and so an alliance of those at the bottom of the political food chain was indeed of great interest to many... Tell me Miss. Oshibura, for the smaller nations out there, what are the main issues which threaten national soverignity for many smaller realms?"

"Invasion, possibly subjugation or enslavement if we lose badly enough. Possibly some sort of underhanded political maneuvering in the WA, as well... TITO, an older and larger alliance with similar goals, has had a massive propaganda campaign launched against it by its enemies."

"Certainly it would be argued by many that the international scene is a dangerous affair, and even more so dangerous for those who cannot stand up for themselves. T.I.T.O of course being a notable example as you yourself said; evidently the threat posed by many small nations banding together is perceived as a significant threat by many...

"But onto the alliances more personal history, it has come to boast a large number of members which is always a sign of well rewarded prosperity for a worthy cause, whose idea was it to set up such an organisation?"

"Jason Frost, our national leader, thought of it and then implemented it after consulting with his advisors."

"A well thought out proposal indeed then. But, there must have been a primary drive for this allaince to have been realised, ideaologies have their causes and utopias to strive for; your nation however embarked on a mission to protect smaller nations; what was this drive behind all this?"

"New Olwe's membership in TITO probably first planted the seed... an alliance that protects small regions from larger ones seems to logically lead to an alliance that protects small nations from larger ones. But the idea wasn't fully formed until the event that caused the Pentagram Bloc to form -- the invasion of Dekerin Domains by The Empire of Egalitarian Akros -- a war in which several small nations, any one of which would have been outnumbered by themselves, banded together to outnumber and successfully fight off a stronger aggressor. Grand Duke Jason, who was on the ground fighting alongside the Dekerin defenders at the time, wrote down some early ideas for the alliance in his War Journal, available at libraries and bookstores in over 650 nations worldwide, which led to a more concrete plan later, once he was back home."

"Quite a history behind it then, now, let us presume for a moment, in an ideal situation, what would you have your alliance acheive? What is it's overall goal? What would the end result be if you will?"

"World peace? Or something close to it, anyway... a world where larger nations are afraid to attack smaller ones for fear of actually being outnumbered by their allies is pretty much a world without war."

"World peace is indeed a notable gaol, but it would be debated by many as to the merits of enforced peace through fear and paranoia orientated around invasion if you will; but that is not why we are here today.

"Now, a primary issue which struck me with regards to your alliance is the nature of it featuring only small realms, that of course raises the question of what nations will do once they've grown large enough to fend for themselves in the real world. How do you approach this.. idealogical conflict if you will?"

"Membership in the alliance is voluntary. If a member nation feels that their population is too big to warrant continued membership, they are free to leave without animosity from the other member nations. We do encourage nations to maintain membership after they get big, especially in the alliance's early days where we need a large nation or two on our side so that our alliance has teeth."

"Indeed reasonable and accomodating in this case then, now, what international, or inter-alliance activities are you currently engaged in if at all? To strengthen your alliances profile on the international scene if you will."

"We're already working with The Pentagram Bloc, another alliance that New Olwe is in, with The Grand Duchy of Dekerin Domains, The Federation of Draconia Magna, The Commonwealth of Macureus and The People's Republic of The Vorindun. We enjoy crossover membership with a couple of those countries and have relied pretty heavily on their unique tactical expertise. We are also interested in working with TITO, if we can. We welcome trade and diplomacy with other international organizations and/or individual nations as well."

"Far reaching, open mined and co-operative then, it is indeed a refreshing change from the stead fast alliances of the old political orders that still carry their banners.

"But now we are coming to the end of the broadcast so i'd like to leave the mike open to you entirely for the last few minutes is there anything you'd like to say pertaining to your alliance for the people of the world to hear?"

"Just to assure everyone that we're not an offensive alliance. We won't be going around attacking people for no good reason, not as a group anyway, individual nations are still allowed to declare war on whoever they want, but the alliance isn't obligated to help them if they're the aggressors. Also, if you represent a country that wanted to apply for membership in the alliance but were worried you would be rejected for political reasons, fear not: We strive to be apolitical here, and do not discriminate even against unpopular ideologies like fascism and communism. Not that this alliance is particularly interesting to most fascists, but still... if they want to join they can, as long as they don't try to force us into offensive wars."

"Open minded, very open minded indeed, Steven i'm passing back to you now, thank you Miss. Oshibura for your time with us here today."

"Thank you Harold a fascinating broadcast indeed, that was Harold Flint our senior political correspondant and Miss. Reika Oshibura, Minister of Communications for New Olwe talking about the Alliance Of Small Nations.

"It has been a pleasure to have you here but that's all the time we have on The Commentary today, thank you everyone and good night!"

----------

Many thanks to the nation of New Olwe.
The Alliance Of Small Nations can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14875&hilit=new+owle+alliance
Last edited by The Commentary on Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:36 am

"Ladies, gentlemen, and miscellaneous, welcome to this evenings broadcast of The Commentary! I am Steven your broadcaster on the unorganised establishment that is The Commentary, and today I have the pleasure of bringing you todays first installment of the news!

"Today as I scrolled professionally through the search engine Goggles, undettered by my terrible internet connection, my highly trained senses for news and media attracted me to a development in a nation called German Capitalists! And now we can bring you the news on this event and a rather surprising follow up event it has entailed...

"The former President of German Capitalists, Dietrich Reich, abolished the government three days ago and instituted an alternate system of government with him as his supreme ruler; taking the title of Führer of the Reich the German Capitalists news station reported that "his decision was made while having a whiskey with his Brother, who suggested he take control", perhaps one should not drink and debate in the realm of politics if it leads to such drastic changes? Dietrich Reich himself said that he had "been mulling the idea over in my head for a year now".

"Indeed such a drastic change in government would be unnerving for some, with the peoples reaction ranging from tentative to excited, I for one would have been stocking my secret attic lair with food provisions and diaries to recrod my ramblings in for that just in case scenario for which we must all be prepared! I for one keep half a ham taped to under my desk, you never know when a rabies infected wolverine may wander into your home!

"Although Mr. Reich is the undisputed ruler of German Capitalists he stated that "while he will be in complete charge now, he will still give the People a major role in the decision making process"; a sign in this case then that the regime is still interested in peace and friendly international relationships.

"Even more promising is the announcement of the German Beer Fest, and is welcoming all leaders from the globe to attend this show of German hospitality! So perhaps in time it will prove to be that Mr. Reich is a benevolant dictator; indeed we can certainly hope this will be the case.

"But for now, ladies, other and gentlemen, I leave you with a word from our sponsers, for I need to buy a keg of fine German beer in case a furious Führer decides to seek me out for my broadcast... For tonight people of the world; goodnight!"

--------------------

The announcement of the establishment of the dictatorship can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23302&hilit=german+capitalists
And the glorious brew fest can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23394

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:22 am

"Good afternoon to the faithful! Thank you for tuning into the glorious all knowing, all seeing airwaves of The Commentary! Where we preach your salvation and redemption through instilling both pointless and useful international information into your life...

"On todays evening broadcast we are turning our attention to an election in the Unified Western States, as the populace proceeds to vote in their new President. We do of course have our political correspondant Harold Flint who is keeping track of the proceedings, Harold, an update please!"

"Thank you Steven, and let me tell you that this has been an interesting run up for the election itself, the citizens of Unified Western States seem to have a healthy democracy going as they have a healthy and varied assortment of political view points to vote for.

"The election is currently neck and neck with Marisa Winter of the Conservative Party and Daniel Scott of the Socialist Party taking the lead with thirty percent of the vote. The Conservative Party seems to be advocating a more economically savvy reign for the U.W.S, proposing decresed taxes, a reduction in government spending and a somewhat isolationist attitude; interestingly her polocies have already been implemented in the state of California, giving the people of the U.W.S a chance at seeing her ideas in action.

"Daniel Scott meanwhile is advocating the nationalisation of banks as well as national healthcare for all, certainly appealing to the less fortunate in the U.W.S.

"Meanwhile, lagging behind with fifteen percent of the vote, is Jonathan Clark of the Western National Liberal Party, boasting an impressive track record of five years as President his term has seen the nations economy greatly increased, greater emphasis placed on peoples civil rights; and interestingly, despite the economic growth, more restrictions on buissnesses. It may seem however that the people desire a change in regime.

"Other runners, doing significantly less well, include Thomas Perry of the Republican Party, Bridget Throne of the Democratic Party and Lucas Richardson of the Global Green Party; whilst these candidates do not seem to be potential winners, they are certainly receiving a good portion of the nations support.

"That's all we have on the situation for now, but I shall keep you apprasied of any developments... Harold Flint reporting for The Commentary wishing you a pleasent day."

----------

The Unified Western States Presidential Election can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23226&start=0

Unified Western States
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Western States » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:05 am

To: Commentary

Our nation has begun construction of a space elevator. We think that this may be an interesting story for you listeners. We can set up an interview with the chief of engineering, should you want to do a story on it. Also, this construction has become a political issue. This has been updated in our political election thread.

-Conrad Whesk
Division Chair of Foreign Media

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Unified Western States wrote:To: Commentary

Our nation has begun construction of a space elevator. We think that this may be an interesting story for you listeners. We can set up an interview with the chief of engineering, should you want to do a story on it. Also, this construction has become a political issue. This has been updated in our political election thread.

-Conrad Whesk
Division Chair of Foreign Media

To The Chair of Foreign Media, Conrad Whesk,
From The Commentary,

Dear sir, we would be delighted to cover such events, and will begin broadcastining ernest! If nessacery we will contact you with further possibilities on a direct discussion with the cheif of engineering.

All the best for your nation,

The Commentary.
Last edited by The Commentary on Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allrule
Senator

Founded: Apr 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:17 pm

To:The Commentary Radio Broadcasting
Allrule hereby requests that your radio station have a story on the upcoming federal election.
Sincerely,
Guido Zimmer
Foreign Affairs Minister of Allrule
Last edited by Allrule on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Save the Internet! Protect Net Neutrality!

"Lily? After all this time?"
"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:43 am

Allrule wrote:To:The Commentary Radio Broadcasting
Allrule hereby requests that your radio station have a story on the upcoming federal election.
Sincerely,
Guido Zimmer
Foreign Affairs Minister of Allrule

To Guido Zimmer, Foreign Affairs Minister of Allrule,
From The Commentary,

Dear sir,

It would be our pleasure to cover your preliminary election, and if it is accessible to the world at large, the final election itself. We shall forward you a copy of the broadcast once it has been released.

All the best for your nation,

The Commentary.

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:06 am

"Good evening! And a special hello to you! Yes you! You there, sitting up in your chair in surprise and staring at your radio in amusement, yes, you! For you the listener are our very special guest!

"Once more ladies and gentlemen we pass the reigns to our political correspondant Harold Flint, as we turn our eyes to the variety of international incidents that flicker and burn across the globe our gaze lands upon the nation of Allrule where an event of national signifiance is taking place... passing you over to Harold Flint for more news on the matter."

"Thank you Steven and thank you ladies and gentlemen. There is indeed a significant event occouring in the realm of Allrule, it is coming up to it's national election, with four parties vying for that coveted position of Chancellor. But of course there can be only one ruler of Allrule...

"Adding an extra layer of interest to this event however is that the government of Allrule has opened up the foreign nations views on the matter, to judge and discern which of their candidiates will be best received on the international scene.

"The former Chancellor, Frank-Walter Kohler of the Social Democratic Party is running for election, having inherited, as it were, the position of Chancellor from Julie Clark who was alas assisinated. Whilst promoting civil rights, deciding to legalize incest which has become a focal point in this election it seems, he also wishes to introduce further regulatiosn for buissness; but yet wishes to encourage economic growth, quite how he intends to accomplish this by placing a heavier burden upon the market system one can only speculate...

"Leading the race however is the nations resident communist party, The Left, led by Oscar Schoreder. Whilst Schoreder is proposing increases in taxation, heavily regualted buissness, and a greater social welfare system as a benefit of this, his stance on civil liberties sems to be immensly controversial. Intending to re-crimanalize incest and homosexuality, imposing penalties on those who are religious; and even going as far as to ban Christianity outright. Even more outrageous is seems however if his intent to kill the disabled nd the blanket of obscurity called "mercy killings".

"Trailing far behind these two titans of controversy are Andela Verckel of the Democratic Union and Gasbi Zimmer of the Free Democratic Party. These two candidates positions are far more politically centered, and viewed as more calm and collected. However, they are currently not favoured by the international community.

"Whilst the poll is swaying in favour of the extremists, it must be remembered that this is a poll by the nations of the world, not of the citizens of Allrule; consequently it could be said that this is not so much a reflection of Allrule's political views, but rather that of the world in general... which is proving to be a dissapointingly sad affair. This is Harold Flint, your political correspondant. Saying good night, and good luck."

----------

The Allrule election can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23526&start=0

Libertarian Governance
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Libertarian Governance » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:23 am

To: The Commentary Radio Broadcasting

Libertarian Governance would ask that you report on the humanitarian assistance being provided by our nation to the people of Ustania (click here). Our nation has deployed the LGDF to protect the citizenry from an unrestrained spiral into chaos during this civil war. During this operation we are attempting to establish a safe zone for civilians and providing food, water, medical care and security to the population. Following attacks on the power and water supplies of the cities of Silian and Tirest our nation airlifted over 21,000,000 kg of food and water to residents. I am available for comment on the situation.

Tom McWain
Chief of Foreign Affairs
Last edited by Libertarian Governance on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stand up, it's time to rise. It's time for revenge, opposition must die
Chaos, violence, revolution now! - GG Allin

Allrule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:48 pm

The Commentary wrote:

"Good evening! And a special hello to you! Yes you! You there, sitting up in your chair in surprise and staring at your radio in amusement, yes, you! For you the listener are our very special guest!

"Once more ladies and gentlemen we pass the reigns to our political correspondant Harold Flint, as we turn our eyes to the variety of international incidents that flicker and burn across the globe our gaze lands upon the nation of Allrule where an event of national signifiance is taking place... passing you over to Harold Flint for more news on the matter."

"Thank you Steven and thank you ladies and gentlemen. There is indeed a significant event occouring in the realm of Allrule, it is coming up to it's national election, with four parties vying for that coveted position of Chancellor. But of course there can be only one ruler of Allrule...

"Adding an extra layer of interest to this event however is that the government of Allrule has opened up the foreign nations views on the matter, to judge and discern which of their candidiates will be best received on the international scene.

"The former Chancellor, Frank-Walter Kohler of the Social Democratic Party is running for election, having inherited, as it were, the position of Chancellor from Julie Clark who was alas assisinated. Whilst promoting civil rights, deciding to legalize incest which has become a focal point in this election it seems, he also wishes to introduce further regulatiosn for buissness; but yet wishes to encourage economic growth, quite how he intends to accomplish this by placing a heavier burden upon the market system one can only speculate...

"Leading the race however is the nations resident communist party, The Left, led by Oscar Schoreder. Whilst Schoreder is proposing increases in taxation, heavily regualted buissness, and a greater social welfare system as a benefit of this, his stance on civil liberties sems to be immensly controversial. Intending to re-crimanalize incest and homosexuality, imposing penalties on those who are religious; and even going as far as to ban Christianity outright. Even more outrageous is seems however if his intent to kill the disabled nd the blanket of obscurity called "mercy killings".

"Trailing far behind these two titans of controversy are Andela Verckel of the Democratic Union and Gasbi Zimmer of the Free Democratic Party. These two candidates positions are far more politically centered, and viewed as more calm and collected. However, they are currently not favoured by the international community.

"Whilst the poll is swaying in favour of the extremists, it must be remembered that this is a poll by the nations of the world, not of the citizens of Allrule; consequently it could be said that this is not so much a reflection of Allrule's political views, but rather that of the world in general... which is proving to be a dissapointingly sad affair. This is Harold Flint, your political correspondant. Saying good night, and good luck."

----------

The Allrule election can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23526&start=0

OOC:Two things:
1.GREAT BROADCAST!
2.Verckel leads the Christian Democratic Union, not just the Democratic Union.

"Always."
-Albus Dumbledore and Severus Snape, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:07 am

Libertarian Governance wrote:

To: The Commentary Radio Broadcasting

Libertarian Governance would ask that you report on the humanitarian assistance being provided by our nation to the people of Ustania (click here). Our nation has deployed the LGDF to protect the citizenry from an unrestrained spiral into chaos during this civil war. During this operation we are attempting to establish a safe zone for civilians and providing food, water, medical care and security to the population. Following attacks on the power and water supplies of the cities of Silian and Tirest our nation airlifted over 21,000,000 kg of food and water to residents. I am available for comment on the situation.

Tom McWain
Chief of Foreign Affairs

To Tom McWain, Chief Of Foreign Affairs,
From The Commentary,

Dear sir,

We shall formulate a broadcast for your ongoing effort of support and may be in touch with you in due course.

All the best for your realm,

The Commentary.

Brewdomia
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Brewdomia » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:12 am

Official Message From The Federation Of Brewdomia

The Federation humbly requests the coverage of the blatant attack on the Blackhelm Confederacy.

Thank You.

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:23 am

Brewdomia wrote:

Official Message From The Federation Of Brewdomia

The Federation humbly requests the coverage of the blatant attack on the Blackhelm Confederacy.

Thank You.

To The Federation Of Brewdominia,
From The Commentary,

Dear sir,

We shall formulate a broadcast for your ongoing effort of support and may be in touch with you in due course.

All the best for your realm,

The Commentary.

Skyrina
Secretary

Founded: Nov 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrina » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:43 am

[Please do a radio broadcast on the rise of the Fifteen Year old Emperor viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23770]
The Dominion of Skyrina

Leader:Emperor Siraj al Din
Capital: Alykai
Demonym: Skyrainian

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:01 am

"Good afternoon world! It is a pleasure to be here, it certainly wasn't easy, several billion years of evolution and social development to build the worlds first transistor radio just so you can listen to The Commentary does not come easily!

"We are here today to once again cast our glance across the state of world affairs, today we turn to Harold Flint with an interesting report on an anarchist declaration in the former realm of Urstania; Harold, what's going on down there?"

"Well Steven it is indeed a most fascinating endeavour going on down there. On the 2nd of November word reached us that an anarchist uprising occoured in the mostly monarchist realm of Urstania. Mobs and rallys of people have swept the cities and spread outwards to the outlying countryside, seemingly over throwing any and all forms of social organisation.

"Now, eight days on, it seems that the revolution has been a... warped and limited success. Whilst former Emporer Markus's abdication and exile seems to have been the last nail in Urstania's coffin, the corpse of the old regime still pounds against the lid of it's crypt. Monarchist, Loyalist and Military forces, an assorted number of groups whose exact divisions are unknown, indeed they could be of the same group but merely seperated by communication, are still battling in their enclaves and strongholds against the anarchists.

"The revolution however is not over yet, although it seems to be drawing to a close with the help of Libertarian Governance and Korintar which seem to be in the progress of steadily steam rolling the last defenses in Urstania. Libertarian Governance, whom incidentally informed us of further developments in Urstania, has been supplying humanitarian aid to the area whilst protecting civilians. Having successfully air lifted over twenty one million kilo grams of food, water and other assorted supplies, it is clear that this effort is being done with the full backing of Libertarian Governance.

"In the impending chaos whilst this new... order, if you will, establishes itself, elements of division are already rearing their heads. Stalinist elements of the anarchist party are believed to have risen up in the early days in the former capital city; their fate is unknown, presumed overwhelmed. Meanwhile, a newly arisen revolutionary, Commander Zero as he is known, is trying to gain support for a capitalist blend of anarchism as opposed to the socialist blend of anarchism which is espoused by the main force of the Paramount Revolutionaries; having featured on Libertarian Governance's military radio broadcasts, it could be considered that Commander Zero is being supported by Libertarian Governance, to help turn Urstania to a mode of government more closely modelling it's own; however this is merely supposition, and is mainly being announced by Eddy from our scientific department."

"That's right Harold! You should really read these blogs that provide all sorts of fascinating info across the world! The L.G is clearly a capitalist and that does not sit will with socialism, clearly it would be a good idea for them to install a government whom they'd prefer."

"Thankyou for that... personal view Eddy, although as I should point out The Commentary does not support anything not based on fact, anything regarding politics that does not come from me can be considered innaccurate.

"It does however bring me to a new point, how can this anarchist realm survive? My supposition? It cannot, having emerged onto the world it has already instituted a system of government, had a number of leaders running their revolution, and released a constitution. All that remains now is to see how long this new government can survive for, and how long it will remain with us before transgressing into somehting more... This is Harold Flint reporting on the situation in Urstania... Goodnight."

----------

The anarchist declaration and subsequent events can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23196
Many thanks to Libertarian Governance.

Allrule
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allrule » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Dear sir,
Chancellor Kohler has been returned to power, with a majority of 219. Please give a story on this, if you can.
Guido Zimmer
Foreign Minister of Allrule.

"Always."

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:35 am

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to this urgent and profound Commentary Broadcast detailing a war of unprecedented proportions erupting across the globe as I speak at this very moment! Paasing you over to Harol Flint for a more coherent commentary on the situation..."

"Thank you Steven and let me tell you that the situation is indeed a boiling pot of international vendettas, intrigue and paranoia. Dozens of nations have taken sides, drawn in by various aims, goals and obligations in a single attempt to reduce a nation whom they share a common grudge against to rubble.

"The Griffencrest Corporation, known world wide as a major corporate power and prime exporter of oil and an expansionary visionist to boot, as finally incurred the wrath of enough nations for it to become the international target board for numerous nations reticuls.

"The realm of Damirez proclaimed a set number of demands which the Blackhelm Confederacy, Griffencrests home country, must accept, lest it lead to consequences. A defiant response, and a refusal for diplomatic options to be pursued on the anti-blackhelm side, has led to full scale war of unprecedented proportions.

"The Blackhelm Confederacy, bolstered by the mercanery forces of Griffencrest, and joined by the support of the Neroian Empire, Ralkovia, Blainesville, Sorgan and Beiraq, is setting up it's defenses in anticipation for a truly collosal combined international force. As large and powerful as the nations on the Griffencrest side may be ladies and gentlemen there is sumpreme doubt in my mind as to how long they can truly hold out against the onslaught of nations whom have sent their men and children to die for the so called greater good.

"The following nations have taken up the cry of arms against Griffencrest, so listen my friends at home, for your nation may be one of the "agressors" as it were in this affair. The nations include Wagdog, Imbrinium, Lynion, Katonazag, Azazia Vetaka, Ansari Empire, Zaheran, Lamoni, New Manth, Salzland, Kirav, Alfegos, Katonazag, Etoila Arcture, Stevid, Lamoni, Anemos Major, Sumer, Neo-Ixania, Allemande, Leistung, Mokastana, Animarnia, Monavian Empire, Mephras, Vetaka and of course Damirez.

"Most of these nations do not have official links to each other, instead, they are united by a common goal, and intertwining links between various members of various alliances, thus far The Commentary has gleaned that the Delian League and the Fegosian Union are playing a pivotal role whilst there are glimmering elements that ODECON could possibly become involved after a prominent member, Leistung, joined into the war effort.

"The question of course is ladies and gentlemen, how did this war come about? From what we have learnt from the various nations broadcasting corporations, websites, and political releases, we have formed a picture of the affair; having of course to sift through the bias evident on all sides.

"Griffencrest slash Blackhelm and it's allies are quite clearly expansionists of an age which long ago should have been swept under the carpet long ago with the advent of democracy. Each of these nations involved is either posessed by a lust for the lucrative black gold, host to a tolatarian regime, or simply obliged to Blackhelm in some way. The nation of Ralkovia for example relies heavily on Blackhelm support to simply keep it's people alive.

"The situation is dire ladies and gentlemen, the Blackhelm Confederacy is not to be trifled with, the politicians and national leaders who believe that they can simply amass their forces and overcome an inherent evil are mistaken. As we turn our eyes to the nation of Stevid we see a realm scarred by previous Blackhelm incursions, forced to turn their own nuclear weapons against themselves in a bid to protect what they had left.

"How many other nations will utilise nuclear weapons in a desperate attempt to save themselves? How many women and children will be thrown against the stubborn and inconsiderate masses of the Blackhelm forces, and more importantly, what is to stop a truly morally bankrupt realm on the verge of destruction from unleashing hell upon not only itself, but others.

"Ladies and gentlemen, with these words, we wish you goodnight, and goodluck."

----------

The ongoing conflict can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17968
Thanks to Brewdominia for alerting us to the matter.

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:43 am

Allrule wrote:Dear sir,
Chancellor Kohler has been returned to power, with a majority of 219. Please give a story on this, if you can.
Guido Zimmer
Foreign Minister of Allrule.

To Guido Zimmer, Foreign Minister of Allrule,
From, The Commentary,

Dear sir,

We would be delighted to carry out your request. We shall inform you in due course and forward you a transcript of the event.

The very best for your realm,

The Commentary,

The Commentary
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Commentary » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:32 pm

"People of the world welcome to this light breakfast broadcast coming from The Commentary, today Harold Flint brings us the news from Skyrina."

"Thank you Steven, and thank you ladies and gentlemen. Today we turn our attention to the recent political shift in Skyrina.

"Following the death of the previous Empress Ashra, Siraj al Din, a distant relation whose father was aa cousin to the Empress, has taken up the throne admist a mild bout of international controversy. Siraj al Din's age, a mere fifteen years old, has made both domestic and international observers concerned as to how effective he will be as the supreme ruler of the nation.

"Some have suggested that his inexperience and lack of a wider world experience would make him ineffective and possibly dangerous. A few nations have refused to recognise his rule, whilst a very small minority have tentativly accepted his role on the international scene.

"Thus far however things seem to be going smoothly, evidently the young ruler is being counselled by his elders and supporting staff on the matters of state.

"This is Harold Flint, with the developments across the world, signing out."

----------

The Ascension of Siraj Al Din can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23770
Last edited by The Commentary on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents