NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 34 (for WC47) RP/Roster/Scores Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 27, 2004
Corrupt Dictatorship

Baptism of Fire 34 (for WC47) RP/Roster/Scores Thread

Postby Bostopia » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:17 am

Baptism of Fire 34

Welcome to Bostopia and Liventia, where Baptism of Fire 34 will be taking place. In this thread, you will find scores, rosters and role plays (RPs) from the competition.

The group draw is scheduled to take place tomorrow (Sunday), and will be held in the Grand Banqueting Room on the ground floor of Fort Boston Castle, in Fort Boston, the capital city of Bostopia.

When posting your roster, please remember to include; your style modifier, which ranges from -3 to +3. This tells the hosts and other nations what type of football your team plays, from the defensive -3 to the attacking +3. Also please include the RP permissions (below, along with an explanation as to what they are), which tell other nations what they can and cannot do while RPing involving your own nation.

In the event my opponent posts an RP first, they may:

Select my scorers (Can they choose who scored the goals for your team against them?)
Give out yellow cards to my players (Can they say the referee showed the yellow card to one of your players?)
Give out red cards to my players (Can they say the referee showed the red card to one of your players?)
RP injuries to my players (Can they say one of your players got injured?)
Godmod injuries (Can they say one of your players got injured through an unlikely event (tripping over a water bottle while taking a throw-in) or suggest your players life is at risk/they are killed?)
Godmod scoring events (Can they say a goal was scored through a most unlikely occurance, such as the ball hitting a bird, which diverted it into the back of the net?)
Godmod other events (Any other events which are unlikely and could cause embarresment to your team)

The list of stadiums group games will be played at – along with the venues for the knockout rounds - will be posted along with the fixtures once the group draw has been completed.
Last edited by Bostopia on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Are you a Mertagnian in Bostopia? If so, hand yourself in at the nearest Police Station now and you will be treated with the utmost care and attention.

NSGP: World Drivers Champion x 1 - NSGP 5 - F1 Constructors Champion x 1 NSGP 5
Cup of Harmony 26, 40: Champions
World Cup - Qualified x 20, SFs x 2.

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Re: Baptism of Fire 34 (for WC47) RP/Roster/Scores Thread

Postby Bostopia » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:42 am

Unfortunately, due to unforseen circumstances, the group draw has been tentatively postponed until consultation takes place with the hosts of World Cup 47.
Are you a Mertagnian in Bostopia? If so, hand yourself in at the nearest Police Station now and you will be treated with the utmost care and attention.

Palmouth
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Palmouth » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:49 am

Due to our involement in the OXEN Cup, we might have to withdraw.
Die Großelysiche Entente von Aachland und der Stammstaaten von Palmund
The Greater Elysian Entente of Aachland and the Anterior States of Palmouth

[Aachland Factbook] | [Aacherian Orthodox Church] | [Church Factbook] | [NationStates Page]

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:50 am

Palmouth wrote:Due to our involement in the OXEN Cup, we might have to withdraw.

OOC: You're not on the list and never were.
Last edited by Liventia on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Fson
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fson » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:31 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2179

thats my thread with rosters and kit.

my style modifier number should be +1

and:

Select my scorers and choose who scored.

Not give out yellow cards to my players
Not give out red cards to my players
RP injuries to my players they can say if they attempted to injure one of my player aslong as they are punished and it may not affect the player in question, anyway.
Not godmod injuries
Not godmod scoring events or godmod any other events.
by Wilgrove » Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 am

OMG, It's so obvious! Of course!! Science has lied to us!!!

It's time to abandon scientific progress and only look towards the Lord Jesus Christ (who is white of course) for guidance in all matters!

Bostopia
Chargé d'Affaires

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Bostopia » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:35 am

To our visitors; the players, officials and fans of the teams competing in the Baptism of Fire for World Cup 47.

As this is your first international football tournament, this is also our first time hosting an international football tournament, and we hope the experience will be as enjoyable for all those involved from Bostopia as it is for all those travelling to Bostopia.

I am Emperor Boston, the Head of State of the East and West Isles of the Confederate States of Bostopia, to give my nation it's full title. You will find that we are different in ways, and we are similar in ways to your own nations. We ask that these differences be respected, from our rule of law to our customs, in the same way that we will respect your right to speak your mind freely here without fear of prosecution.

While not wishing to be a killjoy, we hope that the following be noted so as to make your experience here a pleasant one.

First and foremost – we drive on the left. Pedestrians have right of way at zebra crossings, and at red traffic lights dependant on the crossing light being green, this is clearly marked at all crossing, and there will be a audio aid – a beeping – to signal to any sight impaired guests that it is safe to cross. Some areas of towns and cities are pedestrianised, where cars are not allowed – this is mainly in the centre of the settlement, most notably the plaza area in front of my home, Fort Boston Castle and the park to the west.

You are more than likely to see people nude almost everywhere. It is normal and in some states mandatory (foreign fans traveling to games in Fenton State, where it is mandatory, will be exempt from these laws), though no sexually explicit activities are allowed in public.

The number for emergencies is 999, reachable from any phone, be it mobile or a land-line. Inside some companies, you may find you first need to dial a 9 to reach an external line before dialing 999 as usual, though all companies (from “big business” to restaurants and shops) and other public venues (museums, stadiums etc) are required by law to display adequate signing advising on this.

Emergency vehicles are marked with the name of the service (be it Police, Fire or Ambulance), and are also equipped with a siren and flashing blue lights. If you encounter one of these vehicles while the lights, the sirens or both are active, please take extra care, and if necessary pull over at the nearest and safest opportunity, using your indicator (turn signal) to ensure that the driver of the emergency vehicle is aware of your actions.

Though unlikely, if you need medical care in Bostopia, it will not come with a cost to visitors with the appropriate travel insurance. You will find our hospitals are state of the art, with the best equipment, treatments and employees available.

The fire service in Bostopia is also well equipped and able to deal with any eventuality.

You will find that all police officers are armed with either a standard pistol or a semi-automatic rifle depending on the branch of the Police Force (City, State and National) they belong to. However, this does not mean they should not be approached if you have a question. Police Officers have excellent training, and patrol areas they are familiar with, so if you are lost, they are often the best people to consult. First and foremost, though, they are keepers of the peace, and will not hesitate to involve themselves in anything they feel is likely to endanger members of the public, or cause criminal damage to private property.

Onto sport – Bostopia has a very rich sporting heritage, playing some which are known around the world, and one that you will most likely never have heard of. We play football on both international and club levels, having 6 divisions before reaching Isle and regional levels. Our second most-popular sport is Rugball, which runs throughout the summer, taking the place of football, and explaining it's high popularity – it's something to put on the tele in the pub on a Saturday night! We also play gridiron and some baseball, but not to a large extent. Many of the public parks in Bostopia have either (or both) football or rugball pitches, and are free to use. Why not pick up one of our sports? Rules are available at – http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Rugball. (The wiki is also a massive source of other information, though our writers have gotten lazy lately and not updated anything about Bostopia.)

http://www.bostopia.net/maps/bostopia.pdf

While travelling around Bostopia, you will see differing sites. From the medieval roads and alleyways of central Fort Boston, to the industrial metropolis that is Port Flamerty and it's docks, one of the busiest trade ports in the world, supplying our Empire and our allies and vice versa with food and other goods. Though of course there are some similarities; the mountains in Mountain Zone State to the cliffs at Northern Point, East Isle. We have stunning beaches along the south coast of East Isle, including the historic Population Beach, where the first settlers of Bostopia landed millennia ago.

With all that said, Bostopia is a unique country, one proud of her heritage and her people, and is more than welcoming of those visiting our nation.

We're proud to welcome you to international football.

Yours,

Emperor Boston.
Last edited by Bostopia on Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Parthenon
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Parthenon » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:05 am

STYLE MODIFIER: -2

National Team of the Parthenese Confederation

Home Kit
Away Kit

ROSTER
Head Coach: Bacchus Erebus
Captain: Panther Stephanos
No.PlayerPosHtWtDOBClub
8Aniketos HyginusM6-120810/04/1980FC Athens
28Diomedes AndronikosD6-118103/20/1978FC Mykenae
24Alexis OlymposM6-320707/19/1985FC Corinth
33Kleitos ZephyrD6-218702/09/1978FC Thebes
22Eleftherios TheodulusG6-421905/10/1982FC Athens
6Demetrios PhrixusD6-318305/13/1978FC Delphi
18Pythagoras LysimachusF6-021011/20/1977FC Athens
35Nikolas AthanasG6-122002/08/1979FC Thebes
21Damocles PanagiotisD6-221603/30/1982FC Corinth
30Herakles SotiriosD6-119110/23/1981FC Sikyon
3Sophus AesopD6-522612/19/1984FC Argos
25Hyacinth HippocratesM6-321202/27/1981FC Athens
23Evander KreiosD6-218607/01/1984FC Athens
16Xenon SpyrosM6-519907/11/1986FC Corinth
11Hermogenes LycurgusF6-322903/26/1980FC Thebes
1Lycurgus EpaphroditosG6-519805/15/1984FC Sparta
7Leander CriusM6-322309/20/1975FC Athens
31Perseus AnastasiosM6-121408/07/1984FC Corinth
20Panos OkeanosM6-121206/13/1982FC Delphi
9Leonidas AgathangelosF6-221405/05/1984FC Athens
17Andreas AlexiusM6-220507/23/1984FC Thebes
5Hilarion LinosD6-022311/03/1982FC Corinth
15Panther StephanosM6-823004/02/1978FC Olympia

*Strike through represents deceased

RP Permisions
Select my scorers: Yes
Give out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Give out red cards to my players: No
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod injuries: No
Godmod scoring events: No
Godmod other events: Yes
Last edited by Parthenon on Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 13 times in total.
The Parthenese Confederation
Parthenon
Intergallactic Hell
The Bleeding Roses
West Parthenon
Former GDODAD/Metus Member

Swilatia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 02, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Swilatia » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:18 am

Swilajska Reprezentacja
Swilatia National Fooball Team

Style Modifier: +2

Kits:

Roster:
#2 GK Roland Splarski
#5 GK Kamil Mirowski
#11 D Bolesław Walejski
#12 D Stefan Milowski
#15 D Mirosław Pojalski

#16 D Konrad Walenty
#17 D Andru Linawski
#19 D Borys Janeski
#22 M Janusz Lasowy
#24 M Aleksander Konwalinski
#26 M Wojciech Jawalski
#27 M Wacław Poniawski

#31 M Bogdan Majeszki
#34 M Radzimierz Anawski
#36 M Stanisław Przedmorski
#39 M Zbigniew Czerwienski
#41 S Sobiesław Urbański
#42 S Karol Aniewski
#45 S Witold Wenejski

#46 S Wojciech Predmiejski
#47 S Zdzisław Wiadanski
#48 S Zygmunt Mowienski

Head Coach: Przemysław Nowianski
Starters are in red.
We use a 3-4-3 formation.
RP Permissions:
RP injuries to my players: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
Last edited by Swilatia on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SvilajskaRepublika Free since 1826

Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.31

Fson
Minister

Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Fson » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:27 am

The FFA announced the World cup baptism of fire tournament squad today in the capital Latonia, Prince Rupert himself was at the press conference and gave his whole hearted support to the Cup campaign "its what will unite us together as a people and we will show the world what we can do on the pitch"

The squad is as follows:

GK Māris Eltermanis
DF Pāvels Koļcovs
DF Giulio Molinar
DF Boriss Bogdaškins
DF Jevgēņijs Brovčenko
DF David Magowan
MF Sigumond Paysden
MF Ruslans Koroļovs
MF Artyom Bludnov
MF Maksims Danilovs
FW Kim Holmen
FW Erling Knudtzon

Reserve Listings:

GK Federico Valentini
DF Maicol Berretti
DF Stefano Conti
DF Fabio Vitaioli
DF Giulio Molinari
MF Kyle Neill
MF Johan Fytus
MF Marius Ougis
MF Muir Du Baught
FW David Magowan
FW Leif Hanson

Interestingly there are two Island League players on the squad David Magowan and Kyle Neil and this mainly semi-pro league has always been in the shadow of the big two leagues.

OOC: Fson are the equivalent to a good old fashioned Northern European team like Norway,N.Ireland or Scotland. Expect a tough well organised defence a midfield with a good attacking threat down the wings and a decent enough set of forwards. although the latter are not as good as should be expected due to injuries and the Fsonian mentality to prefer playing defence or midfield.

Home kit:

Away kit:
by Wilgrove » Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 am

OMG, It's so obvious! Of course!! Science has lied to us!!!

It's time to abandon scientific progress and only look towards the Lord Jesus Christ (who is white of course) for guidance in all matters!

Al-Merika
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Al-Merika » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:18 am

RP Permissions wrote:In the event my opponent posts an RP first, they may:
Select my scorers,
Give out yellow and red cards to my players and
RP injuries to my players

al-Merika's Style Modifier is +2, as they are an offensive-minded side, playing a 4-3-3.

MAFF Global Press Release
al-Merika's Debut Roster Released

NEW TABARI, ZG - Today in the Islamic Republic of al-Merika's captial city, New Tabari in the state of Zagrossa, the Merikan Association Football Federation (MAFF) announced their debut squad for the Baptism of Fire 'warm-up' tournament before the 47th World Cup. The Baptism of Fire will be the first time that Merikan footballers have proudly represented their great nation on the world stage, having formed the Merikan Super League and Merikan First League last year.

The country's top players have been gathered together by Bardan Kaleel, the coach of the title-winning New Susa Warriors, who won the Merikan Super League in the 2009/2010, having earlier finished as Runners-up in the 2008/2009 season. He brings with him his two prized strikers and one midfielder to the starting line, making his Warriors Captain, Ardalan Hassan, the first ever Captain of the al-Merika national football team (indicated by a 'C' on the roster). Two other club captains, Behrooz Sharif of the Raiders and Behzad Sulaiman of the Wildcats, have been designated as Alternate Captains (marked as 'A').

al-Merika, who's Three Letter Acronym (TLA) is to be RAM, after the Repulic of al-Merika, will line up in a stunning red-and-white jersey design produced by X-Spordiga, imitating the Moon, Stars and Stripes of al-Merika's own flag. Their change kit, when drawn as the 'Away' team against teams wearing predominantly red, is the traditional white.

Head Coach
Bardan Kaleel - New Susa Warriors

Starting Line
1. Ardeshir Konduz, GK, 31 - New Tabari Raiders
2. Zartosht Musa, DRC, 32 - New Jahan Spirits
3. Hamir Hussain, DRC, 27 - Rezialar Lakers
4. Behrooz Sharif, DC, 28 - New Tabari Raiders - A
5. Farzan Keleft , DL, 25 - Rayyen Wildcats
6. Namvar Taloquan, MR, 24 - Khemul Scarlets
7. Youness Qalat, MC, 30 - New Susa Warriors
8. Bozorgmehr Nasser, MLC, 25 - Alvhazi Tigers
9. Hirad Abdul, SRC, 28 - New Susa Warriors
10. Ardalan Hassan, SLC, 31 - New Susa Warriors - C
11. Morteza Kowt-e Ashrow, SLC, 28 - Vinquraz Surf

Depth Chart
12. Mohsen Faizabad , GK, 27 - Alvhazi Tigers
13. Naser Armanjani, GK, 24 - Rezialar Lakers
14. Aref Abbas,DR, 30 - Khezbaijar Goats
15. Hamid Qasim, DC, 33 - New Tabari Raiders
16. Yahya Abdul, DLC, 27 - Khezbaijar Goats
17. Dadbeh Salah, DL, 30 - Alvhazi Tigers
18. Behzad Sulaiman, MR, 31 - Rayyen Wildcats - A
19. Yaghoub Hamdan, MC, 26 - Markhaz Seagulls
20. Kia Ahmed, MLC, 28 - Rezialar Lakers
21. Arsha Salih, SRC, 22 - Zadiyakh Rush
22. Siamak Haddad, SC, 29 - New Tabari Raiders
23. Darak Mansour, SLRC, 25 - Khemul Scarlets

Formation
Attacking 4-3-3 (Style +2)

Home & Alternate Jerseys
By X-Spordiga of Somewhereistonia
ImageImage
The Islamic Republic of al-Merika on: Nationstates & NSwiki

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:27 am

Baptism of Fire and World Cup Roster
The Babbage Islands
Manager: Mark Orr, FC Green Star
STYLE: +2

Starters:

1 Averill Robinson, K, West Scoville Tigers
2 Wilhelm Freudigmann, D, Viktoria Baden
3 Gunther Bauer, D, Far Point Islanders
4 Bill Hope, D, Gernsback United
5 Isaac Buffington, M, Dover City
6 Pierre Rouleau, M, Parisian
7 Chang Weigu, M, Xianggang FK
8 Erik Hebbeler, F, Viktoria Baden
9 Tony Martin, F, FC Green Star
10 Magnus Svoboda, F, Dover City
11 Art Kelly, M, FC Green Star

Reserves:

12 Andre Trudeau, K, Parisian
13 Whitney Anderson, D, Southland FC
14 Timothy Reynolds, F, FK Tesla
15 Roger Doss, M, Far Point Islanders
16 Ed Sims, D, The Orange
17 Carl Rolando, D, Charleston FC
18 Mel Thompson, M, Gernsback United
19 Jimmy Thornton, M, Charleston FC
20 Qiao Zhibang, F, FC Green Star

RP Permissions:

Select my scorers (Can they choose who scored the goals for your team against them?) -- YES
Give out yellow cards to my players (Can they say the referee showed the yellow card to one of your players?) -- YES
Give out red cards to my players (Can they say the referee showed the red card to one of your players?) -- NO
RP injuries to my players (Can they say one of your players got injured?) -- YES
Godmod injuries (Can they say one of your players got injured through an unlikely event (tripping over a water bottle while taking a throw-in) or suggest your players life is at risk/they are killed?) -- NO
Godmod scoring events (Can they say a goal was scored through a most unlikely occurance, such as the ball hitting a bird, which diverted it into the back of the net?) -- YES
Godmod other events (Any other events which are unlikely and could cause embarresment to your team) -- NO

Regards,

Richard Valdemar, General Secretary
Football Federation of Babbage
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Valipac
Ambassador

Founded: May 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Valipac » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:33 am

Get to know your Valipacian Baptism of Fire squad!
Manager Terry Scott celebrates a goal in a warm-up leg before the Baptism of Fire

Today marks a landmark day in the long and storied history of Valipac. For the first time ever, the national football team has been entered in the World Cup and the Baptism of Fire. With anticipation for the tournaments riding at fever pitch, Prime Minister Edward Atlee and none other than Valipacian football legend Ewan Warren wished the team off today in dramatic fanfare. The expectations have been set high for the national squad, but they are definitely within reach for a squad as talent-filled as this. Although a tall order for most first time entrants, the Valipacian team has been predicted by (Valipacian) odds makers to win the Baptism of Fire and to ride that moment to advance past the group stages of the World Cup. Even the most casual football fans are excited about watching the Valipacian squad go up against famed international teams for the first time.

Without any further adieu, it's time to present the national squad. The manager, Terry Scott, was a successful manager at Lagrina FC for seven years before taking up his role as national team manager. During his time at Lagrina, he won three Valipacian Premiership Championships as well as a total of 17 domestic cups. Before that, he spent time as a manager for Yealds United in the Valipacian Lower League, his first managerial appointment after a short playing career during which he bounced around between the two leagues. Scott is best known within Valipac for his aggressive style of play that is characterized in his players by crisp, short passes and dazzling individual footwork. He contains a fiery spirit, which is beneficial to the young national squad, as he never has a downcast demeanor. One negative about this personality, however, is that he is never afraid to express exactly how he feels about a call to the nearest ref, which has led to his dismissal from the game on more than one occasion. At the surprisingly young age of thirty-eight, Scott commands the respect of his players and demands their attention to detail. He is considered one of the best young managers internationally, and is due for a new contract at the end of this World Cup, meaning that if Valipac performs well, they could struggle to keep him.

As a result of Scott's influences, Valipac plays in a 3-4-3 formation. Depending on who the team is playing, added emphasis may be placed on defending or attacking. In the case of the first, the two central midfielders will play back farther than usual, allowing them to aid the defenders with greater ease but still help out in the midfield. This results in more of a 5-2-3 formation than a 3-4-3, but the location of the central midfielders in addition to their freedom to advance farther upfield than the regular defenders keeps the formation classified as a 3-4-3. In the case of the latter, which would come if Valipac was playing a famed defensive squad, the center midfielders move up into a line with the outer midfielders to intensify the pressure that Valipac can place on goal. Crosses are less common on the Valipacian team than on other teams, but they still happen occasionally and are often placed with extreme precision. One thing that the team prides itself on are its set pieces. Offensively, Valipac is among the best in the world when it comes to corners, free kicks, and penalties. Defensively, Valipac has greatly improved in this area and rarely mis-mark a man, leading to an open shot or header. When it comes to play in the open pitch, the team is all about on-ball pressure. They don't like to give opposing squads room to operate fancy passing plays or dribbling techniques, so they come up to play the ball tightly. Through passes are the defense's greatest weakness, both because of this style of play, and because of their general lack of defenders. Offensively, the team moves the ball fluidly into position for repeated shots on target within the box. The team is generally able to control the possession for long portions of the game with their precision passing, and it is by doing so that they relieve much of the pressure placed on the defenders. If a team can keep Valipac off of the attack for substantive stretches during the course of the game, Valipac will have a tough time earning a victory.

The captain of this year's squad is midfielder Leon King. It is worth noting that King is one of three minority players on the team, along with Mohammad Baker and Freddie Cross. King and Cross are both ethnically Karainian, and Baker is ethnically Halladi. King has become somewhat of a legend among the black community in Valipac recently, and performing well would only increase his status. His race, however, was not the reason that King was named captain. Rather, his strong vocal leadership as well as his skill in all aspects of the game, tackling, passing, finishing, and otherwise were noted by Scott as reasons to give King the captain's armband. King takes all the free kicks for Valipac besides penalties, as well as the corners. King, 24 years old, is a player for Lagrina FC and was recruited into the Lagrina Youth Academy by none other than Scott himself. A late bloomer, King was dominating opponents at his high school when Scott saw him playing, and extended him an offer. As a result, the two have a unique bond that is rarely shared between players and managers. They both understand the feel of the game, and communicate often to ascertain how they could best deploy the substitutes left. King has one of the highest football IQ's of any player his age in the world, and it has served him well in the Premiership. If he can package his skills together during the World Cup, it will go a long way into helping Valipac fulfill their set goals.

The assistant captain of the Valipacian squad is goalkeeper Harry Burke. Burke is a demonstrative keeper, and is always adjusting the locations of his players on defensive set pieces. He has a weak leg for a keeper, but is adept at throwing the ball out. As a result, he will throw the ball more and punt less than the average keeper. At age 28, he is one of the older players on the squad, and has played for Forsinthe United for the past 10 years. He is particularly good at charging oncoming attackers who have broken clear of the defense, which is important for the formation of the squad to function properly. He is skilled at defending penalties, and has never been known to falter in the clutch. Perhaps his biggest weakness is his less than average lateral mobility, meaning that he can be exposed on occasion by good crosses into the box. That being said, however, most goalies can be exposed in the same manner.

The final player we will preview is Nicholas Fitzgerald. The most forward playing striker, he plays on the right flank of the box, allowing his natural skill at striking with his right foot to shine. He is the designated penalty taker, and for good cause: he is easily the best finisher in the Valipacian Premiership. His vertical speed combined with his ability to shift directions and go lateral seemingly instantaneously have proven a lethal combination to the Premiership, as he scored 46 goals last year alone in a 40 game season. Strong challenges can knock him out of his element, but he is more than willing to take a rough challenge to draw a foul. He is a mediocre leaper, which allows him to head some, but not all, crosses that come his way on goal. His passing is crisp, like the rest of the squad, and his footwork beautiful, but his striking is what truly allows him to shine. Expect Fitzgerald to lead Valipac in scoring throughout the tournament, and at the tender age of 19 (which he turned this month), don't expect him to be leaving any time soon.

This is the first time Valipac will be able to demonstrate its abilities on the international stage, and the fans couldn't possibly be any more excited. Plane tickets to Liventia and Bostopia are sold out, and merchandise is flying off the shelves. If the Valipacians find any success at the international level, football will relegate baseball to being a tier two sport in Valipac, where currently it and football reign supreme. The editors and writers of this network wish all the entrants in the Baptism of Fire the best of luck.

Formation:
3-4-3

Manager:
Terry Scott

Roster (starters italicized):
Keepers:
#1 - Harry Burke
#2 - Callum Jenkins

Defenders:
#3 - Charles Stone
#26 - Aidan Wyatt
#33 - Joe Alexander

#00 - Joshua Read
#21 - Mohammad Baker

Midfielders:
#8 - Taylor Haynes
#5 - Alexander Marsden
#13 - Leon King
#12 - Adam Hyde

#18 - Isaac Burton
#7 - Joe Kay

Strikers:
#11 - Nicholas Fitzgerald
#10 - Zachary Watts
#9 - Freddie Cross

#4 - Taylor Walton
#15 - Lawrence Hart

Starting XI

Kits:

Style Modifier:
+2

Give out red cards to my players: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but nothing serious without my permission.
Godmod scoring events: If it is their goal, then yes. If it was my goal, then no.
Godmod other events: Possibly, please consult me first.
Maredoratica – A Realistic Modern Tech Roleplaying Region
"What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure." - Samuel Johnson

Wiki | Using Satellites in Warfare | BoF 34 Champion
Designer of Ex-Nation Flag | AKA: Kampf

Lanceo
Attaché

Founded: May 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Lanceo » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:27 am

Coach: Honeybear Hisself

Jakub, 1, GK
Flips, 3, Defense
Mel, 2, Defense
Kitty, 4, Midfield
Shoal, 5, Midfield
Taurus, 6, Midfield
Floppy, 21, Midfield
Pandanus, 99, Midfield
Khaki G., 25, Forward
B. Long, 33, Defense
LD, 58, Forward

SUBS
Biggy D., 11, GK
Mr. Ecterka, 47, Midfield
Lwho, 87, Defense
Lwethu H., 55, Forward
Robby Swift, 18, Midfield
Puffin, 17, Midfield

Styler Modifier: +2

RP injuries to my players: No

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:07 am

The Delaclava national football team roster:

MANAGER: Nolan Wright

STARTERS
GK: #1 - Graham Torres
DF: #4 - Jim Molina
DF: #3 - Calvin Pope
DF: #11 - Devin Santana
MF: #2 - David Ward
MF: #5 - Jamal Pacheco
MF: #18 - Ruben Hester
MF: #22 - Gordon Compton
FW: #7 - Stanley Ichtyelkov
FW: #9 - Geraldo Ayala
FW: #10 - Mose Fuentes

BENCH
GK: #20 - Kyle Tran
DF: #6 - Alex Hickman
DF: #8 - Chad DeLeon
MF: #14 - Chet Hardy
MF: #27 - John Ewing
FW: #12 - Calvin Castillo
FW: #13 - Kurt Holcomb

In the event that my opponent RP's first, they may assign yellow cards and RP injuries, but nothing else.
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Unreal229
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unreal229 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:44 am

Unreal229 Roster for BoF 34

Kit:

Image 1st Kit Image 2nd Kit Image 3rd/Keeper Kit

In Unreal229, the only leader is the emperor; everybody else may take leadership roles based on ability and can rise and fall from those positions from day to day based on performance and their ability at the tasks that present themselves.

Following this there is no manager for the national team but a management team, any one of which may appear to manage a certain match. Against a strong side, the person best at organising 'giant killing' teams would take the leading role, whilst another may take the lead against a more average side. Similarly there is no captain position within the team as those that show leadership will lead the team regardless.

Generally the people of Unreal229 are cautiously ambitious, and this is reflected in the national team, with a team with a preference to attack but with the back four almost always remaining in defence (not ever going up for corners etc.). In half-time, there is no team talk, but the team meditate to gather their thoughts and this allows them to concentrate on the second half.

229 is a sacred number in Unreal229, although nobody remembers why. Due to this, the misuse of the number 229 is taken with great offence (if unsure of the use, just refer to the nation as Unreal###). Misuse includes using the number in the same sentence as any negative comment, no matter how mild.

Note: In match reports use the part of the name first listed e.g. Vương not Nha^'t if talking about the keeper.

To the team then:

Management team:
Nguyễns Giang
Hàn Danh
Nguyễns Danh
Vu Gia

First 11:
# Name Pos Age Club
1 Vương Nha^'t, GK 25 [XM Mui xe]
2 Trương Duc, LB 29 [Siêu tuyệt vời]
3 Huỳnh Du~ng, RB 24 [XM 229]
4 Triệu Bao, CB 25 [Theo nhóm]
5 Châu Chinh, CB 23 [XM Mui xe]
6 Ngô Giang, DMF 32 [Cong]
7 Châu Chie^'n, RW 24 [Siêu tuyệt vời]
8 Quách Gia, AMF 26 [XM Mui xe]
9 Trịnh Dac Kien, CF 23 [Siêu tuyệt vời]
10 Tống Hie^' u, SS 18 [XM 229]
11 Đường Danh, LW 28 [XM Mui xe]

Substitutes:
# Name Pos Age Club
12 Hàn Hu`ng, Fwd 26 [Cong]
13 Đặng La^ n, GK 37 [XM 229]
14 Thái Anh Dung, Fwd 31 [XM Mui xe]
15 Phan Xuan, MF 21 [Siêu tuyệt vời]
16 Vu Bi`nh, MF 26 [Theo nhóm]
17 Lữ Qua^n, CB 24 [XM Mui xe]
18 Ngụy Si~, CB 28 [XM 229]
19 Khương Tha('ng, Def 23 [Siêu tuyệt vời]
20 Nhiệm Tha`nh, SB 22 [XM Ha Voi]
21 Khưu Anh Tu, Wing 30 [XM 229]
22 Thạch Vu.ong, DMF 18 [XM Ha Voi]
23 Khổng Xuan, GK 22 [Cong]

Styler Modifier: +2

Give out red cards to my players: Only with permission via tg.
RP injuries to my players: Yes, I decide severity
Godmod other events: Only with permission via tg.
Last edited by Unreal229 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

Midlauthia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Midlauthia » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:04 am

Formation
4-3-1-2

Style
+2

Manager
Jimmy Satterfield

Nickname
The Aggies

Starting XI

Kits
Home

Away

3rd

Keeper

Defenders
Pos # Name Age Club

GK 31 Tobias Pander 27 FC Rhodeston

Pander is coming off 3 straight golden goal awards in the Midauthian Premier League, where Rhodeston FC have taken two straight league titles for the first time in 50 years. Pander is flashy and prone to an occasional lapse in judgment, but physically he can get to balls many other goalies simply stare at.

LB 12 Terry Holthausen 27 Battersea United

Holthausen makes his first appearance as a starter for the Aggies after being a reserve for the Aggies in Haven Cup II. Known for his long crosses and sharp elbows, Holthausen will draw blood in each match or be benched.

CB 25 Kristian Heijtinga 32 FC Rhodeston

Heijtinga is a two time returning starter at left back for the Aggies and a MPL fan favorite. Four time Belue Award winner (most effort), Heijtinga has lost some of his old speed and has been moved from left back to center back but has added 15 pound of lean muscle to his aging frame. Look for him to make long runs up the left midde in support, he managed 5 goals this past MPL season.

CB 1 Erik Bennett 27 Iron Station AFC

Bennett is a terror at 6'5" 225 and is the centerpiece of the Midlauthian defense. A returning Haven Cup II starter and Haven Cup I reserve, Bennett should be well rested after serving a 20 match suspension during the MPL season for a tackle that shattered former national team starter, Drɇw's, tibia and fibia.

RB 14 Joe-Ben Watson 20 FC Irmo

Watson is the youngest Midlauthian starter and weakest link defensively, but he has shown promise and has been a major reason in FC Irmo returning to top flight soccer in Midlauthia. He is an excellent defender in the air but lacks the physicality of the other Midlauthian defenders.

Midfielders

LM 21 Tom Zeigler 27 Iron Station AFC

Zeigler may have lost a step from Haven Cup II but just like teammate Heijtinga, he has bulked up to accommodate for his aging. Still, Zeigler is no slowpoke with 4.3 40 speed. His dribbling leaves much to be desired however.

CM 9 Daniel Evans 26 FC Rhodeston

Evans has been an energetic, physical component to FC Rhodeston's title run over the past two years. The closest thing the Aggies have to someone with athletic ability and soccer skills, Evans is widely considered to be the best Midauthian to play center midfield ever.

RM 3 Cameron Jones 26 Today FC

Cameron Jones is another brute with less than impressive soccer skill, but his raw footspeed and quickness with the ball can compensate for his lackluster finishing. Jones is a vastly improved passer from his Haven Cup II debut and has calmed his demeanor, although slightly.

CAM 2 Jewnínho 33 Fort Mill (Captain)

"The Great One", Jewnínho is putting the finishing touches on the greatest career in Midlauthian history and the leading Aggie scorer from Haven Cups I and II is looking to add the one trophy that has eluded him in his career thus far. Not a physical specimen by any stretch, but a free kick and set pieces master, he's scored more free kicks in Haven Cup action than any other player.

Forwards

LS Ryan Freiburger 21 Sun Hill

Freiburger is the third different starter in three cups for the Aggies and left striker, but Satterfield may have a mainstay with MPL silver boot winner Freiburger, who will be the second youngest Midlauthian starter. He has great instincts and a knack for being in the right place at the right time.

RS 6 Andreas Brodin 27 Fort Mill

Brodin is a bruiser and the favorite in the box target on corners and indirect free kicks for Jewnínho. Brodin compensates for lackluster power with tremendous control and heading ability.

Subs

3 GK Remy Soffet 32 Today FC
7 RB/LB Thomas Andretz 23 Sun Hill
69 CM Alex Albrect 28 Wando FC
4 CAM Kristian von Kaiser 18 Clover United
5 CB Davis Craig 23 Rhodeston FC
71 CM Andrew Manstein 17 Northwestern FC
33 RS Cletus Clamp 22 Temasse-Salem University

Reserves

GK Samuel Keller 38 Montreat United
RS A.R. Patel 15 Champions FC
CM Chury Yesekayivech 29 Communism FC
LM Joseph Cormany 37 Ayllon AFC
CM Jason Lloyd 27 Lexington

If my opponent RPs first they may
Select my scorers — Yes
Give out yellow cards to my players — Yes
Give out red cards to my players — Yes, sparingly
RP injuries to my players — Not without permission
Godmod injuries to my players — No
RP scoring events — Yes
Godmod other events — Yes please

Queer Poco el Mono Ara
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Queer Poco el Mono Ara » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:16 am

Queer Poco el Mono Ara's selected 23 to participate in the Baptism of Fire

Coach – Asdrubal Espinoza, spent a number of years grabbing silverware in Candelaria and Marquez with Albrecht Turkish. A change of pace with a national team will test his mettle as trophies are not guaranteed. It is hoped his skills with man management and team building will help in developing the Queer Poco el Mono Ara national team into a formidable force.

First XI
GKP. 1. Petr Ollic – has just signed a contract with Sargossa side Estrella Torreon. Ollic has safe hands and great reactions and his long reach allows him to tip shots which seemed destined for the top corner miraculously away.

DEF 2. Tamir El Zahar played great football at right back for league champions Pythons. At 26 he still has a few years of international service left in him. Fast and decisive, he’s better know for attacking from a wingback position than he is for his defending.

DEF 3. David Beecham. Beecham played every game this season for Skyte and at 31 this may be the only international competition he plays in. Has always been an asset to whatever team he plays for and gives 100%, but age is taking its toll.

DM. 4. Ruud Seedorf. Athletic Khaldoon’s player of the season. Tough tackling and a good distributor of the ball. Ruud has stamina to play 180 minutes never mind the 90, he has a habit of picking up cards unnecessarily.

DEF.5. Tomasz Poborsky. Has been Royal Khaldoon’s star defender for three years and rarely puts a foot wrong. He’s tall and powerful and a model centreback. Tipped to be captain when Ugo Stowell retires.

DEF. 6. Karim Zaki. Turned in great performances for Pythons until a shoulder injury ended his season. Back from injury and looking fitter than ever. Zaki is a workhorse whose positioning is second to none. Royal would love to partner him with Poborsky.

MID. 7. Alfonso Omar Sas has secured a dream move to Cafundeu. A fast paced winger with a wicked cross, Alfonso may have reached his peak but he is an exceptional talent and although he wont progress any further he is an asset.

MID. 8. Frank Le Tissier is the driving force behind Ridgemont Town. He plays out of position for the national side on the left and has to cut inside onto his right foot, but once he does expect a fierce effort on goal.

STR. 9. Ishmael Van Dyke – The 24 year old forward hit over 30 goals in the league this season and is always a goal threat. A powerful forward capable of barging his way through defenders, his finishing is World Class.

STR. Alberto Xisco, 2nd highest scoring forward in Queer Poco. Xisco has pace to burn and a bag of tricks but his stature makes heading the ball almost impossible. Skyte City have rewarded his efforts with an increased salary.

MID. 11. Ugo Stowell is a stalwart midfielder. Always willing to take a battering in the line of duty. Stowell is tenacious, a good passer and a born leader. However the Almondvale midfielder is now 32 and international retirement is beckoning. (CAPTAIN)

Subs.

DEF. 12. Fabricio Ramos – A staple in the Ridgemont defence. Fabricio is a talented wingback who plays with a great deal of intelligence – good passer and great tackler. Unlikely to shift Poborsky or Zaki from the first team.

GKP. 13. Brad Johnson – spent half the season out with injury and lost his first team place to Ollic. Consistent is the best word to describe Brad. He’ll be gutted at being on the bench.

STR. 14. Phillipe Deschamps – another Poconese player to make the move to Cafundeu. Deschamps is a reliable goalscorer who likes to stay forward loitering around the box. Will get a goal or two if he comes off the bench.

MID. 15. Nazim Benayoun. One of few good Valengren players this season. Benayoun can play as an attacking midfielder or a winger. He’s got plenty of pace but it has been commented his final ball often goes astray.

STR. 16. Frederico. Will be disappointed not to be partnering Pythons team mate Van Dyke upfront. Frederico is similarly a powerful attacker, but he has the added element of trickery.

Reserves
17. DEF. Ollie Clark
18. DEF. Tom Cherry
19. MID. Richard Ramirez
20. DEF. Hamilton Vasquez
21. MID. Graham Taylor
22. MID. Gandolfo
23. STR. Edmundo

First Kit: http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... mShirt.jpg

Second Kit: http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... ShirtB.jpg

Third Kit: http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu33 ... ShirtC.jpg

My Opponent May
Select my scorers? Yes
Give out yellow cards to my players? Yes
Give out red cards to my players? Yes
RP injuries to my players? Yes
Godmod injuries? No
Godmod scoring events? No
Godmod other events? Yes

Style Modifier +2

(Strikingly similar to the team at the Oxen Cup...)
Last edited by Queer Poco el Mono Ara on Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hosts of one World Cup
A Mike Sarzo Memorial Trophy and the 16th Di Bradini Championship to name but all of our accomplishments

http://nswiki.net/index.php?title=Una_Serie_de_F%C3%BAtbol The Pocoan League

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Sometime prior to the Baptism of Fire . . .

The main meeting room deep in the heart of the building that housed the Football Federation of Sargossa was about as plush as you’d expect from one of the archipelago’s wealthiest organisations. It was all scary businesslike black leather chairs and polished wood finish. Around the conference table that dominated the centre of the room sat the men who directed the nation’s football. At the head of the table slumped the elderly figure of Edgardo Cortez, nominally President of the FFS. But the old guy was so past it that it was Vice-President Rafael Barragán who had free reign in the Federation’s day to day running, particularly as the rest of the board consisted of the finest collection of yes-men and sycophants Barragán had ever known. They were just delighted to be able to agree with whoever seemed to be in charge. All the progress of recent seasons, the growth in income and sponsorship, increased prize money, global cup qualifications and of course the formation of the national side had all been Barragán’s work. And now there was just a couple of last bits and pieces to be worked out.

“Ok gentlemen.” Barragán chaired the meeting as he always did now. “Let’s run through this quickly. I don’t see the need to keep you all here any longer than necessary.”

They ran through the agenda quickly, the assorted suits agreeing in all the right places. New national kit designs from ediraf approved? Of course. Ticketing prices for internationals to stay as previously agreed? Sure. Stadia (OOC: That’s right, Stadia!) to host national team games to be selected? No problem. Under-21s to enter Di Bradini Cup? Why not? Rob Kietecs to be confirmed as national coach? No. Wait, what . . .

“No.”

All eyes turned in shock to the elderly figure at the end of the desk. It wasn’t unknown for the FFS President to sleep right through these board meetings, that’s when he turned up at all. So when he spoke now you could have heard a pin drop.

“No Yanqui’s going to be put in charge of my national team.”

His national team? His! Barragán was shocked he even knew it existed. “But sir Kietecs has got a huge amount of international experience and he's already been working with us as technical advisor for nearly a year. It’s him who’s selected a pool of our players to choose a squad from. He’s pretty much been acting as national coach already. It’s a natural choice.”

“No Yanquis. I’ve got a coach all picked out.”

“But he . . . really? Who?”

“Christian Salazer. Of good home-grown stock. He’ll be the one.”

Barragán failed to mask his surprise. Certainly Salazar had an ok record in the Segunda but his recent history in the top flight was somewhat patchy. Indeed he was currently unemployed after being fired from his uninspiring tenure at Deportivo Soluca. His name hadn’t never even been mentioned before, but he had one major advantage . . .

“Your nephew? Don’t you think that’s a little iffy?”

“Nonsense, he’ll do fine. Besides I promised my sister i’d look after him. So i’ll open it for the floor, any objections?”

“Yes!”

“Anyone else?”

The suits naturally nodded in silent agreement to the appointment.

“Looks like you’re outvoted Rafael. Salazar it is No need to make an arrangements, I appointed him before the meeting. I think that’ll do for now. Thank you gentlemen.”

And with that he left and his underlings filed out in his wake, leaving Barragán alone and speechless as his carefully laid plans for Sargossa’s assault on the BoF took a battering. He took a deep breath. Still with the nation’s very best gathered together all the coach really needed to do was form them into some kind of shape. And even Salazar could do that. Couldn’t he? Providing there were no more little problems of course . . .
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Vaarshire
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 28, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaarshire » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:51 pm

ROYAL VAAR FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION
KONINKLIJKE VAAR VOETBAL BOND

Style Modifier: +2
Formation: 3-4-3
Head Coach: Matthew de Keizer

STARTERS
#1 - Daniel St. Paul - GK
#3 - Nigel van Rijn - D
#4 - Geert de Jong - D
#7 - Benjamin Bakker - D
#8 - Nigel Meijer - M
#9 - Conrad Martin - M
#10 - Piet Jones - M
#11 - Samuel Gansevoort - M
#14 - Christian Sorensen - S
#15 - Ryan Xavier - S
#98 - Sebastian de Groot - S

BENCH
#2 - Zachary Weston - GK
#5 - Nigel van Aken - D
#6 - Alan Zeldenthuis -D
#12 - Thomas Edwards - M
#16 - Alojzy Nowak -M
#17 - Henri de Vries -M
#18 - Nigel Jones - S
#19 - Valentine Naaktgeboren - S

KITS: By X-Spordiga
Home:

Away:

RP PERMISSIONS
In the event my opponent RPs first, they may...
Select my scorers: YES
Give out yellow cards to my players: YES
Give out red cards to my players: YES
RP injuries to my players: YES (Nothing too serious without permission)
Godmod injuries: NO
Godmod scoring events: YES
Godmod other events: YES

OOC: I don't actually know a whole lot about soccer/football, so I'll just wing it and hope for the best.
Last edited by Vaarshire on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baptism of Fire 34 Runners-Up

Economic Left/Right: -4.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.56

Valladares
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2008
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Valladares » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:21 pm

THE VALLADAR FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION

OFFICIAL ROSTER FOR THE BAPTISM OF FIRE 34

Style: +2
Formation: 4-4-2
Head Coach: John Clark

Starting Line
1. Luis Fuentes, GK, 27 - Metropolis Alligators
2. Yoan Lannoy, DRC, 29 - Eterna Stars
3. George Chenney, DRC, 30 - Tannenberg FC
4. Jerôme Perrin, DC, 26 - AS Bezieres
5. Ryan Jones, DL, 31 - Slateport Bulls
6. Armando Rivas, MR, 25 - Metropolis Alligators
7. Charles Dickens, MC, 24 - Chiquito FC
8. Luis da Lima, MLC, 31 - AS Bezieres
9. Paulo Oliveira, SRC, 28 - Marinos Metropolis
10. Hugo Ruiz, SLC, 29 - Tannenberg FC
11. Jefferson Ospina, SLC, 25 - Metropolis Alligators

Bench Line
12. Fabian Sánchez, GK, 27 - Marinos Metropolis
13. Tom Moore, GK, 24 - AS Bezieres
14. Ruben Calheira, DR, 26 - Eterna Stars
15. Josue Montaña, DC, 32 - Marinos Metropolis
16. Alain Dufraz, DLC, 24 - Metropolis Alligators
17. Pablo Cifuentes, DL, 29 - Chiquito FC
18. Gilbert Le Tallec, MR, 30 - Fontvielle Impact
19. Tommy Taylor, MC, 25 - Tannenberg FC
20. Ronald Moulin, MLC, 27 - Eterna Stars
21. Miguel Florez, SRC, 22 - Slateport Bulls
22. Andrés Pérez, SC, 26 - Tannenberg FC

RP PERMISSIONS:
Give out red cards to my players: YES
RP injuries to my players: NO WITHOUT PERMISSION
Godmod scoring events: YES
Godmod other events: YES
THE UNITED KINGDOM OF VALLADARES
Map of Valladares | Valladares on NSwiki | Valladares Embassy Program
Champions: I Coupe Pomme D'Or, Copa Rushmori 26, Copa Rushmori 29, Di Bradini Cup 48
Runners-Up: World Cup 75, Cup of Harmony 49, Copa Rushmori 25, Copa Rushmori 27, IBC 10
Third Place: Copa Rushmori 18, Volleyball World Expo 9
Fourth Place: World Cup 67, Copa Rushmori 32, IBC 8, IBC 9, IBC 12
<Zwangzug> And the Alligators already have a Ph.D. at making enemies: <- oh, man, speaking of making expressions up, this is fantastic :D

Toyur
Envoy

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Toyur » Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:18 am

Toyur Football Federation
Toyurska Fotbollförbundet

Baptism of Fire 34 Official Roster and Media Guide

Team Nickname - Bears

Kit - The Bears home kit is a black shirt, shorts, and socks, with the shirt having kelly green and white down both sides from the underarm to the end of the shirt. The away kit is a white shirt with the kelly green shorts and socks. Third strip, if needed, is gold with black shorts and socks.

Manager - Erik Larsson - In his second year as the national team manager, Larsson has brought the Bears from the depths of the world rankings to a high enough level to be considered for international tournaments. He is a defensive manager, preferring a counter-attacking strategy to a more offensive minded approach, explaining many of the Bears' 1-0 victories in international friendlies and minor tournaments approaching the Baptism of Fire. He also preaches a team game mindset - no one player is above the others in importance, and no spot is guaranteed if play starts to falter. A young team, they can only improve with experience, and are a speedy counter attack team that can quickly hit for a goal or two against the run of play.

Style Modifier : -2, 4-4-2

Roster

1. Anders Eriksson, GK, 24 - IK Kristiansberg
2. Mikael Lilja, LB, 22 - Tuleä
3. Oskar Källström, CB, 27 - IK Stillhet
4. Markus Norström, CB, 26 - IK Kristiansberg
5. Paul Olafsson, RB, 24 - Heligljus FK
6. Peter Modin, RM, 25 - FK Vänstsida
7. Mattias Sjodin, DCM, 29 - IK Stillhet
8. Justin Tillström, ACM, 26 - Tuleä
9. Kristian Olsen, LM, 23 - FK Perholm
10. Magnus Gustavsson, F, 25 - FK Vänstsida
11. Viktor Eklund, F, 22 - Heligljus FK

Substitutes/Reserves

12. Johann Olberg, GK, 21 - Tuleä
13. Markus Elm, GK, 24 - IK Stillhet
14. Gustav Johansson, D, 20 - Vitpalats FK
15. Andreas Magnusson, D, 26 - Heligljus FK
16. Erik Lidström, D, 22 - IK Kristiansberg
17. Mats Thorsson, M, 19 - IK Valhalla
18. Jakub Samuelsson, M, 22 - IK Isskog
19. Gustav Jakubsson, M, 24 - Heligljus FK
20. Mattias Larsson, M, 23 - Vitpalats FK
21. Kristofer Svensson, F, 22 - FK Mörkstadt
22. Fredrik Djuresson, F, 28 - Tuleä

RP PERMISSIONS:
Give out red cards to my players: NO
RP injuries to my players: Not without permission
Godmod scoring events: NO
Godmod other events: NO

Sargossa
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 08, 2009
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Sargossa » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:21 am

Baptism of Fire

The Sargossa Corsairs

Kit
Thank you ediraf

ImageImageImage

Coach

Christian Salazar
A controversial choice when former Nethertopia national team boss Rob Kietecs looked a dead cert for the position. Salazar has a fairly unspectacularly coaching record but his uncle happens to be the president of the Football Federation. Go figure.

Starting Eleven
(Formation 5-3-2/3-5-2 depending on possession. Style Modifier = -1. Players listed from right to left)

GK: 1. Martin Tejera (20) - Estrella Torreón

RWB: 2. Juan Calderón (24) – Estrella Torreón
RCB: 12. Álvaro Royo (27) – Ciudad Soluca
CB: 5. Néstor González (24) – Sporting San Marquez
LCB: 6. Darío Pavé (28) – Ciudad Soluca
LWB: 3. Marcos Díaz García (19) – Ciudad Soluca

MC: 7. Marcos García Fernández (21) – Jaguarés
DMC: 4. Mario Quiñónez (32) – El Nacional - Captain.
MC: 8. Daniel Gallego (30) – Ciudad Soluca

SC: 9. Ernesto Fariás (25) – Ciudad Soluca
SC: 10. Gastón Batista (25) - Dínamo Maturín

Reserves
GK: 13. Juan Miguel Varela (23) – Deportivo Cordova
D/DML: 14. Ricardo Moraes (23) – Dínamo Maturín
DRC: 15. Germán Moya (24) – Deportivo Soluca
DC: 18. Fernando Garrido (24) – Dínamo Maturín
DMC: 19. Rafael Balbo (25) – El Nacional
AML/FC: 11. Alberto Herráez (24) – Daroca Marinos
MC: 22. Julián Reyes (28) – Sporting San Marquez
AMC: 16. Ricardo Osorio (22) – El Nacional
AMRLC: 17. Marcelo Cobían (23) – Deportivo Soluca
AM/FC: 20. Francisco Patiño (32) – Ciudad Soluca
SC: 21. Rubén Gala (18) – Dínamo Maturín
SC: 23. Antonio Mata (26) – El Nacional

If my opponent RP's first they can:
Choose my goalscorers Yes
Godmod Scoring Events Yes
RP injuries to my players Yes (but within reason)
Godmod injuries to my players No
Hand out Yellow cards to my players Yes
Hand out Red cards to my players Yes
Godmod Other Events Yes
Last edited by Sargossa on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Champions: Cup of Harmony 41 / Di Bradini Cup 13 / Copa Rushmori V / Copa Rushmori XIV / Copa Rushmori XX / Copa Rushmori XXXVIII / Copa Rushmori XXXIX
Sargossa at the Olympics

" . . . those dictatorship-loving thundertwats . . ."

Penthoria
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Penthoria » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:03 am

What is Penthoria other then this country playing in the Baptism of Fire?
– The land is occupied by no more then 3000 inhabitants, existing to the northwest of Secristan and along the Penthoria River Valley. It takes up roughly 20 square miles. It is a sovereign country, moreso because the Secristani government no longer wanted to deal with these idots. (This nation is a puppet of Secristan). They are poor, but trying to make a name from themselves. They are also nude. You see, nudity is compulsory in Penthoria. This should made them feel at home in Bostopia. If the opponent demands it, we will wear short shorts.

The style modifier? Don’t know much about the ability of these guys yet, so let’s give them a style mod of ZERO.

Give out red cards to my players: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes but only say they were hurt.
Godmod other events: No

Coach: Chris Reilly (45)

The team, known as the Panthers, shall play a 4-3-3

Starters:
GK: #1- Todd Packard, 24
LB: #6- Hector Carr, 28
LCB: #2- Jim Edminter, 22
RCB:#5- Sergei Krotov, 23
RB: #3- Tate Sharron, 26 (Alternate Captain)
LM: #17- Vinnie Richter, 25
CM: #16- Felipe Gonzalez, 24
RM: #19- Jerry Ogilivie, 22
LS: #15- Matt Gordon, 22
ST: #11- Steve Johnson, 23
RS: #10- Chris Martin, 29 (Captain)

Most likely to score, in order: Gordon, Johnson, Martin, Richter, Gonzalez, Ogilivie
Most likely to be booked, in order: Carr, Sharron, Edminter, Ogilivie, Johnson, Krotov

Substitutes:
GK: #50- Brad Barkley, 27
CB: #7- Tim Sarwilliger, 32
CB: #8- Tom Sarwilliger, 30 (1st choice- defense)
MID: #22- Bert Davis, 24
MID: #23- Chucky Axelrod, 25 (1st choice- midfield)
ST: #12- Jason Krueger, 26 (1st choice- attack)
ST: #13- Derek McGuire, 24

Reserves:
GK: #51- Brutus Douglas, 34
CB:#4- Richard Lee, 32
CB: #9- Parnell Wilcox, 20
MID: #18- Steve Mason, 18
MID: #20- Jim Smith, 24
ST: #21- Eric Smith, 24
ST: #14- Edward Smith, VII, 25

WaffenBrightonburg
Attaché

Founded: Sep 30, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby WaffenBrightonburg » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:31 am

Kit for the Waffen Brightonburg Imperials

Roster:

NO. NAME POS HT WT DOB
3 Chris Albright D 6'1 177 lbs 1/14/1979
34 Sam Brill D 6'2" 190 lbs. 9/6/1985
16 Mauricio Castro M 5'10 165 lbs 8/11/1981
7 Adam Cristman F 6'0 180 lbs 1/8/1985
11 Kheli Dube F 6'1 155 lbs. 6/18/1983
17 Gary Flood D 5'10 155 9/7/1985
8 Joe Franchino D 5' 9 165 lbs 8/9/1976
6 Jay Heaps D 5' 9 155 lbs 8/2/1976
19 Kyle Helton D 5' 8 160 lbs 5/20/1986
25 Chase Hilgenbrinck D 5'10" 163 lbs 4/2/1982
2 Amaechi Igwe M/D 6'0 165 lbs 5/20/1988
21 Shalrie Joseph M 6' 3 180 lbs 5/24/1978
24 Brad Knighton GK 6'1 180 lbs 2/6/1985
13 Jeff Larentowicz M/D 6' 1 175 lbs. 8/5/1983
29 Kenny Mansally F/M 5'10 160 lbs 1/29/1989
31 Sainey Nyassi M 5'8 135 lbs 1/31/1989
15 Michael Parkhurst D 5' 11 155 lbs 1/24/1984
14 Steve Ralston M 5' 9 160 lbs 6/14/1974
1 Matt Reis GK 6' 1 196 lbs 3/28/1975 <--- Team Captain
18 Khano Smith F/M 6' 3 190 lbs 1/10/1981
27 Wells Thompson M 5'10 155 lbs 11/25/1983
20 Taylor Twellman F 5' 11 170 lbs 2/29/1980
22 Rob Valentino D 6'3 190 lbs 12/21/1985
26 Spencer Wadsworth F/M 5'8" 165 lbs. 5/10/1986
12 Doug Warren GK 6' 0 190 lbs 3/18/1981

Coach:

Theo Goldstein,fomer player turned coach,known for his temper,and his 4 packs a day cigarette habbit.

Team playing style 4-4-2. we are mainly a defencive/dull grinding 0-0 or 1-0 wins type of team,hehe

If my opponent RP's first they can:

Short of crashing my team jet into the andies moutains,you can do what you want to my team :)
Last edited by WaffenBrightonburg on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:43 am, edited 5 times in total.

Liventia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Liventia » Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:20 am

Group draw for the 34th Baptism of Fire tournament
For RP and IC purposes, the draw for the tournament takes place in Fort Boston, Bostopia.
There are 37 entrants; hence there are 5 groups of 5 and 2 groups of 6.

Groups A, B, C and D play their matches in Bostopia; Groups E, F and G play their matches in Liventia. The top two teams from each group, as well as the best third placed team out of Groups A through E (the groups of five) and the best third placed team out of Groups F and G (the groups of six), will move on to the next round, while the rest are eliminated and will have to wait for World Cup qualifying to begin.

Group A
Gargorina
Carbonegro
Zerdonian
Euro-Trash
Toyur

Group B
Swilatia
Upper Orange
Fson
Lanceo
Elesdee

Group C
The Babbage Islands
Valladares
Delaclava
Penthoria
Maciea

Group D
South Wienda
Drie-Bene
LeDoucheland
Valipac
Unreal229

Group E
Sargossa
al-Merika
Queer Poco el Mono Ara
Vaarshire
Parthenon
Nationstates 4

Group F
Gallartium
Barbana
Western Mediterranean
WaffenBrightonburg
Sibirsky

Group G
Krytak
Aeukera
P00t3r
Midlauthia
Gillenor
Isselmere-Nieland

Here is the matchday schedule. There are no home and away ties as the tournament takes place solely in Bostopia and Liventia. The teams are referred to numerically; team 1 is the team listed first in the above groups, and so on. The schedule is for groups with six teams. For groups with five teams, the team listed as playing "6" has a bye day.

MD1: 1 v 6, 2 v 5, 3 v 4
MD2: 6 v 4, 5 v 3, 1 v 2
MD3: 2 v 6, 3 v 1, 4 v 5
MD4: 6 v 5, 1 v 4, 2 v 3
MD5: 3 v 6, 4 v 2, 5 v 1
Last edited by Liventia on Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports